PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Regular Season Lineup

pbmax
12-29-2013, 10:32 PM
From the point of view of 2013, looks like death on a dirt bike.

Home: Chicago, Detroit and Minnesota; Atlanta, Carolina, New England, N.Y. Jets, Philadelphia

Away: Chicago, Detroit and Minnesota; New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Buffalo, Miami, Seattle

gbgary
12-29-2013, 10:37 PM
tough home schedule!

woodbuck27
12-29-2013, 10:45 PM
A tough schedule Home and Away.

Joemailman
12-29-2013, 11:22 PM
From the point of view of 2013, looks like death on a dirt bike.

Home: Chicago, Detroit and Minnesota; Atlanta, Carolina, New England, N.Y. Jets, Philadelphia

Away: Chicago, Detroit and Minnesota; New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Buffalo, Miami, Seattle

What's so tough about it? 5 playoff teams out of 16. Combined record of 128-126-2.

MJZiggy
12-29-2013, 11:26 PM
Maybe I'll head down for that Tampa game.

HarveyWallbangers
12-29-2013, 11:36 PM
tough home schedule!

Easier away schedule. I like it better than how it looked before this year--when it seemed most of our tough games were on the road.

pbmax
12-29-2013, 11:45 PM
What's so tough about it? 5 playoff teams out of 16. Combined record of 128-126-2.

Most of that mediocrity is in the NFCN. Atlanta will rebound and the Jets might.

Having New Orleans and the Seattle Hormones on the road doesn't look easy to me. Buffalo and Miami will improve. Tampa Bay could be having a mutiny, its tough to say.

mraynrand
12-30-2013, 01:51 AM
Interesting - two at large games are winners of east and west (philly and seattle). At NO is the only guaranteed loss.

denverYooper
12-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Most of that mediocrity is in the NFCN. Atlanta will rebound and the Jets might.

Having New Orleans and the Seattle Hormones on the road doesn't look easy to me. Buffalo and Miami will improve. Tampa Bay could be having a mutiny, its tough to say.

Interesting, because as of Thanksgiving it looked like the NFCN was going to be better than it ended up. It really seemed like the Turkey Day beatdown would help the Lions get to the next level, but I underestimated their ability to fail in glorious ways. I was of the mind that Detroit would be an ideal landing spot for a coaching candidate, but it's not clear they're going to fire Schwartz yet and they have a bit of a cap situation with 3 players taking significant money.

The Bears were spunky this year but I have to believe their defense is going to continue to flounder for a while unless they can find another Urlacher. 2 of the other old Packer-killers (Peppers and Tillman) are on the downside of their career, and they have Cutler's contract coming up. He, BTW, played very well yesterday. Trestman did some great things with their offense this year, but as of right now it looks like they became more like the Packers, except they don't have Rodgers and the top-to-bottom weapons that GB has. And their defense is worse.

Minnesota just fired Frazier and are an interesting team. If Allen stays healthy, they might end up having the best defense in a year or two, but they still are a shambles at QB.

At the end of the day, M3 and Rodgers will likely own that division, Belichick-style, for a couple more years at least. There might be the occasional lapse, a la the Detoilet beatdown, but the steady-as-she goes Packers will navigate a changing NFCN.

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 09:07 AM
Interesting, because as of Thanksgiving it looked like the NFCN was going to be better than it ended up. It really seemed like the Turkey Day beatdown would help the Lions get to the next level, but I underestimated their ability to fail in glorious ways. I was of the mind that Detroit would be an ideal landing spot for a coaching candidate, but it's not clear they're going to fire Schwartz yet and they have a bit of a cap situation with 3 players taking significant money.

The Bears were spunky this year but I have to believe their defense is going to continue to flounder for a while unless they can find another Urlacher. 2 of the other old Packer-killers (Peppers and Tillman) are on the downside of their career, and they have Cutler's contract coming up. He, BTW, played very well yesterday. Trestman did some great things with their offense this year, but as of right now it looks like they became more like the Packers, except they don't have Rodgers and the top-to-bottom weapons that GB has.

Minnesota just fired Frazier and are an interesting team. If Allen stays healthy, they might end up having the best defense in a year or two, but they still are a shambles at QB.

At the end of the day, M3 and Rodgers will likely own that division, Belichick-style, for a couple more years at least. There might be the occasional lapse, a la the Detoilet beatdown, but the steady-as-she goes Packers will navigate a changing NFCN.

FOX Sports: NFL ✔ @NFLonFOX
Follow
Per @JayGlazer these coaches will be:

OUT: Frazier, **Schwartz**, Shanahan

MAYBE: Allen, Ryan, Munchak

SAFE: Garrett, Coughlin, Schiano, Philbin

Note: ** = ? :!:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10210698/jim-schwartz-wants-remain-head-coach-detroit-lions

Jim Schwartz wants to keep his job

Updated: December 29, 2013, 9:10 PM ET

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000305050/article/lions-coaches-front-office-might-be-fired-after-finale

Lions coaches, front office might be fired after finale

By: Kevin Patra ... Around the League writer

Published: Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:52 a.m. ... Updated: Dec. 29, 2013 at 04:13 p.m.