PDA

View Full Version : Beat The Niners

call_me_ishmael
12-29-2013, 11:20 PM
I would love to see Capers stick to a fat man 3-4 front against the Niners. I would be overjoyed if it was Raji, Pickett and the young man Datone Jones starting.

Containing the run will be huge. I want Kaepernick to beat us with his arm if they're going to go down. I'm not so sure he can.

Joemailman
12-29-2013, 11:27 PM
If I recall correctly, Packers did play quite a bit of base in the first game this year. They did stop the run, but Kaepernick had a big day.

pbmax
12-29-2013, 11:38 PM
They can play base but they have to do something about Boldin. He had a big game against the Cardinals today.

call_me_ishmael
12-29-2013, 11:39 PM
How fricking good is Q? Dude is still just clutch. Played so well for the Ravens, then gave him away for peanuts (#6 pick). He is still a phenomenal receiver and a warrior. I would LOVE him on the Packers.

bobblehead
12-30-2013, 12:03 AM
I would love to see Capers stick to a fat man 3-4 front against the Niners. I would be overjoyed if it was Raji, Pickett and the young man Datone Jones starting.

Containing the run will be huge. I want Kaepernick to beat us with his arm if they're going to go down. I'm not so sure he can.

But the best DL on the roster this year has been Daniels.

bobblehead
12-30-2013, 12:06 AM
They can play base but they have to do something about Boldin. He had a big game against the Cardinals today.

I think you man up shields on Crabtree, you jam Davis at the line before releasing him to a safety, and you double Q. You must double Q, because he will beat single coverage even if its all over him. Davis is too fluid in space to not jam. Crabtree is physical, but shields excels against guys like that by not letting them push him, but using his speed to close at the end and play the ball.

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 12:07 AM

He's been like last year this time.

Heating up !

Freak Out
12-30-2013, 12:08 AM
The offense is going to have to ball like motherfuckers. You know the D is going to get worked....

bobblehead
12-30-2013, 12:18 AM
Lets just face it. We are neither big enough nor physical enough to beat the 49ers.

Freak Out
12-30-2013, 01:38 AM
Lets just face it. We are neither big enough nor physical enough to beat the 49ers.

I think GB can win....but it's on Rodgers and the Offense. No turnovers and be efficient as hell.

call_me_ishmael
12-30-2013, 02:17 AM
But the best DL on the roster this year has been Daniels.

Best pass rushing DL. Mighty Mouse can't be in there when we need to stop the run.

Infamous
12-30-2013, 02:32 AM

lol.... ANY GIVEN SUNDAY bro

Infamous
12-30-2013, 02:34 AM
How fricking good is Q? Dude is still just clutch. Played so well for the Ravens, then gave him away for peanuts (#6 pick). He is still a phenomenal receiver and a warrior. I would LOVE him on the Packers.

I actually love how the 9ers roster has been put together; theyre all DOGS!!!

Jimx29
12-30-2013, 03:07 AM
I think GB can win....but it's on Rodgers and the Offense. No turnovers and be efficient as hell.
QFT and for re-quoting next Sunday @ 7:15 p.m.

pbmax
12-30-2013, 08:18 AM
I think you man up shields on Crabtree, you jam Davis at the line before releasing him to a safety, and you double Q. You must double Q, because he will beat single coverage even if its all over him. Davis is too fluid in space to not jam. Crabtree is physical, but shields excels against guys like that by not letting them push him, but using his speed to close at the end and play the ball.

Can you stick Bush on Q inside? I wouldn't trust him outside, but inside he could interrupt him. Plus Harbaugh would have a coronary complaining about all the holding.

bobblehead
12-30-2013, 08:21 AM
Can you stick Bush on Q inside? I wouldn't trust him outside, but inside he could interrupt him. Plus Harbaugh would have a coronary complaining about all the holding.

I do not believe any one man stops Q in isolation. He is like JJones. Big body.

And for the rest of you, it was sarcasm. I absolutely believe we can beat SF in GB. I think the line vegas set is really close. WE are dogs, but very live dogs.

Cheesehead Craig
12-30-2013, 09:40 AM
The offense is going to have to ball like motherfuckers. You know the D is going to get worked....

+1
Will have to score 35+ to win it.

denverYooper
12-30-2013, 09:44 AM

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/10342.png

You rang?

denverYooper
12-30-2013, 09:47 AM

After all, his guys never do any of that.

denverYooper
12-30-2013, 09:58 AM
+1
Will have to score 35+ to win it.

I'll say this... this Packers team is giving up talent to the 49ers, but this might be the most heart I've ever seen them play with. The Niners had better kill them because GB's offense believes, and they will keep coming at 'em.

And GB will have the best player in the game back, their elite slot WR Cobb with fresh legs, their best pass pro in some time, and a running game with 2 real physical backs. The last 2 might be related. They sure stumbled around through the forest for the last 1/2 season, but they came out riding a bulldozer.

Fritz
12-30-2013, 10:02 AM
This looks to be a high-scoring affair, but that Packer D is like a sieve.

I'm afraid I'm not optimistic at all. The defense is worse now than it was at the beginning of the year - no Matthews, no Jolly, Perry crippled, Neal hurt, Jones hurt, and on and on and on. And at the beginning of the year the Niners still passed on the defense like crazy.

I just don't see how this Packer team can win this game. But dammit, I'll be rooting for them to do so.

MadtownPacker
12-30-2013, 10:37 AM
They gotta beat these bitches some time, why not this game.

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 10:41 AM

I'm afraid I'm not optimistic at all. The defense is worse now than it was at the beginning of the year - no Matthews, no Jolly, Perry crippled, Neal hurt, Jones hurt, and on and on and on. And at the beginning of the year the Niners still passed on the defense like crazy.

I just don't see how this Packer team can win this game. But dammit, I'll be rooting for them to do so.

I believe your where you were last week Fritz.

Chin up Laddy.

denverYooper
12-30-2013, 10:49 AM

That's just it. This team isn't the squeaky clean machine they tried to be and failed at the last 2 post seasons. They're dirty, gutty, gritty. They have 2 dozer RBs and some pretty damn physical WRs. It won't surprise me in the least if they lose, but they are this year's dangerous dogs. This one is going to be fun, in part because the expectations are lower, but in part because I don't think these guys give a fuck at this point. They're going in for a street fight this time.

Fritz
12-30-2013, 10:54 AM
This is true, Yoop, but at the same time this doesn't have the feel that 2010 did - that the defense could steal a game for this team. This team is somewhere between that 2011 score-all-the-time-but-zero-defense and last year's weird, inconsistent, injury-plagued bunch.

I'll be rooting for them, but so it doesn't kill me emotionally I'm going to try to remember how many players are hurt on this team.

And I wouldn't mind this team changing defensive systems after the season. The personnel they have just don't seem to fit the system they run on defense.

mraynrand
12-30-2013, 11:00 AM
I don't know Fritz. Chicago has a lot of weapons - two huge WRs, a big TE, a highly effective RB. They give up 28 points with a couple of turnovers each way and some ST errors. I'm guessing they don't give up 45 this year to SF. But they will have to count on their offense to score 3-4TDs for the win.

denverYooper
12-30-2013, 11:17 AM
This is true, Yoop, but at the same time this doesn't have the feel that 2010 did - that the defense could steal a game for this team. This team is somewhere between that 2011 score-all-the-time-but-zero-defense and last year's weird, inconsistent, injury-plagued bunch.

I'll be rooting for them, but so it doesn't kill me emotionally I'm going to try to remember how many players are hurt on this team.

And I wouldn't mind this team changing defensive systems after the season. The personnel they have just don't seem to fit the system they run on defense.

They are a totally different animal than 2010. I've given up on expecting anything other than keeping the 3rd down conversion rate at or under 50% and giving the offense a chance to score 1 more than the other team. I'm all in on Green Bay trying to dictate games with the offense and manage to have the ball last with the score manageable.

I still have it in the back of my mind that Daniels and Raji will shine at some point, though I don't see it as likely against the 9ers. Maybe in Seattle.

It is way more fun being a Packers fan right now than a Broncos fan. Everyone is nervous in Denver about whether the Broncos can score enough points to continue to overcome their issues on defense but they are the 1 seed and all roads lead through Denver. With the loss of Vickerson (huge) and Von Miller, Denver struggles to play pass defense, although their run D is better than Green Bay's. If San Diego or Indy comes here, people will be barfing all over themselves all week with dread.

Anything the Packers do at this point is gravy, and I have a feeling approaching zen with this team. I expect nothing and at this point am just busy enjoying the hell out of the improbable finish.

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 11:24 AM
They are a totally different animal than 2010. I've given up on expecting anything other than keeping the 3rd down conversion rate at or under 50% and giving the offense a chance to score 1 more than the other team. I'm all in on Green Bay trying to dictate games with the offense and manage to have the ball last with the score manageable.

I still have it in the back of my mind that Daniels and Raji will shine at some point, though I don't see it as likely against the 9ers. Maybe in Seattle.

It is way more fun being a Packers fan right now than a Broncos fan. Everyone is nervous in Denver about whether the Broncos can score enough points to continue to overcome their issues on defense but they are the 1 seed and all roads lead through Denver. With the loss of Vickerson (huge) and Von Miller, Denver struggles to play pass defense, although their run D is better than Green Bay's. If San Diego or Indy comes here, people will be barfing all over themselves all week with dread.

Anything the Packers do at this point is gravy, and I have a feeling approaching zen with this team. I expect nothing and at this point am just busy enjoying the hell out of the improbable finish.

" I still have it in the back of my mind that Daniels and Raji will shine at some point, though I don't see it as likely against the 9ers. Maybe in Seattle." denverYooper

That's the stuff or looking past the 49ers >>>Seattle, denverYooper

RE: BJ Raji and Mike Daniels...smelling salts.

denverYooper
12-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 1m
The 49ers finished regular season with NFL's No. 5 defense and No. 24 offense. The Packers were No. 3 in total offense, No. 25 in defense

Cleft Crusty
12-30-2013, 12:34 PM

You should. Any Packer fan worth his salt will enjoy a win-and-in playoff-like game victory over Chicago over and above a wildcard playoff win. Winning the championship is a great thing, but if you really appreciate the game and it's history, there are other priorities.

Brandon494
12-30-2013, 12:39 PM
Even when we win (Jerry Rice fumble) we can't beat these fuckers in the playoffs.

bobblehead
12-30-2013, 01:00 PM

I don't understand. Those are the same guys on defense that were the only reason Tebow won a game, now they are the only reason Manning loses one?

bobblehead
12-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Even when we win (Jerry Rice fumble) we can't beat these fuckers in the playoffs.

Who is this years Craig Newsome that is going to knock Vernon Davis' dick in the dirt.

Cleft Crusty
12-30-2013, 01:07 PM
Who is this years Craig Newsome that is going to knock Vernon Davis' dick in the dirt.

Do you mean Wayne Simmons, for the way he beat down Brent Jones? Or were you referring to the fumble recovery by Newsome in '95? That fumble was not caused by Newsome.

pbmax
12-30-2013, 01:26 PM
I don't understand. Those are the same guys on defense that were the only reason Tebow won a game, now they are the only reason Manning loses one?

They are missing Miller and Dumerville. Not same defense.

CaptainKickass
12-30-2013, 01:37 PM
Harbaugh would have a coronary complaining about all the holding.

This should probably be the Packers entire game plan.

Get that fucker so damn red faced and spitting that he gets a coronary or gets himself ejected from the game. This shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-29232-furious-frustrated-angry-Jim-H-0zCk.gif

http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Jim-Harbaugh-e1379940999807.jpg

http://cbssanfran.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/jim-harbaugh.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/50815a61eab8ea4d0e000000-960/jim-harbaugh-enraged.jpg

denverYooper
12-30-2013, 01:39 PM

Yeah, and Champ Bailey was still dominant. Like Woodson, Bailey's wheels fell off and he got injured, so he hasn't played much and hasn't been the same since. Miller went through a phase his rookie year (Tebow's run) where he was making game-changing plays on a regular basis. He and Doom that year were terrors on the edge. Wesley Woodyard has somehow regressed since then also, or has at least relegated to a situational role.

Lots of reasons, but that defense really lost its teeth this year.

Tony Oday
12-30-2013, 01:42 PM
We are going to get smoked like a Colorado Joint this weekend.

denverYooper
12-30-2013, 01:46 PM
We are going to get smoked like a Colorado Joint this weekend.

Wednesday is just around the corner, my friend.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-30-2013, 01:54 PM

I agree, anything from here for this season is gravy. I really didn't think they would make it this far, so if they beat the 49ers, hot damn, but if they don't, it was a good season, and I will look forward to next if I live that long.

denverYooper
12-30-2013, 02:42 PM
" I still have it in the back of my mind that Daniels and Raji will shine at some point, though I don't see it as likely against the 9ers. Maybe in Seattle." denverYooper

That's the stuff or looking past the 49ers >>>Seattle, denverYooper

RE: BJ Raji and Mike Daniels...smelling salts.

Let's just suppose that I can hold multiple scenarios in my head without being married to any definite result.

ThunderDan
12-30-2013, 02:47 PM

Except to go to the 94 Super Bowl.

hoosier
12-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Except to go to the 94 Super Bowl.

You mean 96-97? Or 97-98? Not to mention the ass kicking in 1995-96. There was a stretch there (1995-2010) where GB beat SF 13 out 14 times, including five straight postseason games. San Fran will have to remain dominant for another decade or two before they can approach that record.

ThunderDan
12-30-2013, 04:46 PM
You mean 96-97? Or 97-98? Not to mention the ass kicking in 1995-96. There was a stretch there (1995-2010) where GB beat SF 13 out 14 times, including five straight postseason games. San Fran will have to remain dominant for another decade or two before they can approach that record.

Ahmmm.....not the 94 Super Bowl. 96 Super Bowl..... grumble grumble........

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 08:37 PM
Let's just suppose that I can hold multiple scenarios in my head without being married to any definite result.

Flexibility is an admirable trait.

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 08:38 PM

The Packers exasperate that this Sunday.

Bretsky
12-30-2013, 08:42 PM

this

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 08:48 PM
this

That was then and this is the ...NOW !

http://24.media.tumblr.com/3794017d6c38d5bf7c9f69410a5a5a57/tumblr_mqnsrzYdzq1qecnc3o1_500.jpg

bobblehead
12-30-2013, 10:36 PM
Do you mean Wayne Simmons, for the way he beat down Brent Jones? Or were you referring to the fumble recovery by Newsome in '95? That fumble was not caused by Newsome.

Yea, that is right. That was the reference I meant. Forgot that nasty Wayne made the hit and the mugging. Kind of sent a message that we came to play that day.

bobblehead
12-30-2013, 10:37 PM

Those 2 guys must be pretty special to change a defense from being so good they can cover up for a guy who doesn't belong in the NFL to being a defense that can't be good enough for the greatest QB ever.

bobblehead
12-30-2013, 10:38 PM
Yeah, and Champ Bailey was still dominant. Like Woodson, Bailey's wheels fell off and he got injured, so he hasn't played much and hasn't been the same since. Miller went through a phase his rookie year (Tebow's run) where he was making game-changing plays on a regular basis. He and Doom that year were terrors on the edge. Wesley Woodyard has somehow regressed since then also, or has at least relegated to a situational role.

Lots of reasons, but that defense really lost its teeth this year.

Or it was overplayed how good it was back then, and likely how bad it is now. Not like media or fans to overreact though, so I am probably wrong.