PDA

View Full Version : The Ice Bowl

denverYooper
12-31-2013, 10:53 AM
From (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_NFL_Championship_Game)

The 1967 National Football League Championship Game between the Western Conference champion Green Bay Packers and the Eastern Conference champion Dallas Cowboys was the 35th championship game in NFL history. The game was held at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin on December 31, 1967. The winner of the game would meet the champion of the American Football League in Super Bowl II. Because of the adverse conditions in which the game was played, and its dramatic climax, it has been immortalized as the Ice Bowl (though it was not a Super Bowl) and is considered one of the greatest games in NFL history.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bc02GaMCIAAyhxX.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bc0z-SqCYAA7wVL.jpg:large

denverYooper
12-31-2013, 10:54 AM
I wonder if the Packers will be watching the film this week :).

Freak Out
12-31-2013, 12:11 PM
Epic.

mraynrand
12-31-2013, 12:13 PM
It's a good thing the refs from this past Sunday weren't the ones spotting the ball on that goal-line dive.

red
12-31-2013, 12:17 PM
true story, the ice bowl set an all time record for attendance at a sporting event when 25 million people attended the game

i know this because i've met about 70 thousand of them, even though the stadium only held 30 some thousand back then

we all know at least 50 or 60 people who were "there"

Patler
12-31-2013, 03:31 PM
true story, the ice bowl set an all time record for attendance at a sporting event when 25 million people attended the game

i know this because i've met about 70 thousand of them, even though the stadium only held 30 some thousand back then

True, but over half are dead now, so enjoy hearing the first-hand recollections of the remaining 10-12 million who were there before they are all gone! (I was NOT there, but did watch it on TV.)

gbgary
12-31-2013, 03:35 PM
watched it on tv in pueblo, colorado, as a 13 yr old. I've got the cd of it that the nfl put together. evidently the actual game footage was lost/destroyed. somehow they managed to get every play assembled in sequence from several different sources.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 07:54 PM
My head was about a foot from the TV when Bart Starr got the HUGE TD!

I was screaming at the TV set like I seldom have.

I'll never forget that moment and where I was when that went down.

A magnificiant TD ! :grin:

bobblehead
12-31-2013, 08:38 PM

I was in fact there, so add me to the list...wait, what year was I born?

red
12-31-2013, 08:47 PM

i don't know how many times i've heard it from people under 50

oh yeah, your mom and dad took you to the game when you were 3 and it was 50 below zero?

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 08:56 PM

If your nose doesn't have a white spot on the end of it!?

You probably weren't there.

On the other hand if your not sure if you were there or not based on memory.

You might very well have been there.

Pugger
01-01-2014, 09:19 AM
My hubby was there (his feet are still frozen ;-)). His father's seats were right in that end zone where Starr scored the winning TD. My parents would let me go because I was only 13.

mraynrand
01-01-2014, 01:06 PM
One point about stadiums and tradition: Teams make a terrible mistake when they move the footprint of their stadium. Even if you are going to build new, you should build on the old site if at all possible. It's just great for tradition to be able to look down at the field and say "Right there, on that exact spot, is where X happened." Think of all the tradition that is killed when a stadium gets torn down and a new one goes up elsewhere. Yankee stadium is a good example and so is Candlestick park. "the Catch" spot is going to end up being in some warehouse cul de sac. Just awful.

woodbuck27
01-02-2014, 06:13 AM
One point about stadiums and tradition: Teams make a terrible mistake when they move the footprint of their stadium. Even if you are going to build new, you should build on the old site if at all possible. It's just great for tradition to be able to look down at the field and say "Right there, on that exact spot, is where X happened." Think of all the tradition that is killed when a stadium gets torn down and a new one goes up elsewhere. Yankee stadium is a good example and so is Candlestick park. "the Catch" spot is going to end up being in some warehouse cul de sac. Just awful.

Now there.

That post tugs at my heart.

Patler
01-02-2014, 09:30 AM

With that in mind, I am very glad Mike Sherman was the GM/HC during the rebuilding of Lambeau. He was very, very much into tradition and history, and insisted that portions of the old players entrance tunnel be saved and installed in the relocated entrance so that today's players walk across the same concrete that the greats of the past walked across. I think he also saved some office doors (maybe Lombardi's?) and things like that to merge the old and new. Not everyone would have thought of those things.

Smidgeon
01-02-2014, 10:28 AM
With that in mind, I am very glad Mike Sherman was the GM/HC during the rebuilding of Lambeau. He was very, very much into tradition and history, and insisted that portions of the old players entrance tunnel be saved and installed in the relocated entrance so that today's players walk across the same concrete that the greats of the past walked across. I think he also saved some office doors (maybe Lombardi's?) and things like that to merge the old and new. Not everyone would have thought of those things.

At least Sherman as a GM wasn't a complete waste...

mraynrand
01-02-2014, 10:49 AM

Sherman also saved a table for the employee break room:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m16j3yPGlH1qe7oa1o1_500.jpg

pbmax
01-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Was it concrete or bricks that were saved?

Because for some reason bricks evoke nostalgia. Concrete evokes beige.

Nothing says Mike Sherman more than concrete though.

pbmax
01-02-2014, 11:10 AM
Sherman also saved a table for the employee break room:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m16j3yPGlH1qe7oa1o1_500.jpg

My company and I do work with an Art and Design school and they have a collection of consumer designs from this era and others (appliances, stovetops, furniture, motorcycles).

If I saw this in a house I would think it foolish because I remember it being quaint and falling apart from my childhood. On display though its a mesmerizing collection of chrome and stainless steel.

Its also, unfortunately, in eery retro diner/restaurant in town.

mraynrand
01-02-2014, 12:25 PM
Nothing says Mike Sherman more than concrete though.

LOL

But I get sentimental over a good span of rebar

KYPack
01-04-2014, 12:42 AM

There were slightly over 50,000 in Lambeau that day and I was one of 'em.

I went to all 3 games in Lambeau that end of the season. The Steeler game was the last regular season game and it sucked. Don Horn and Zeke were the QB's in the rain and bluster, a Packer loss. My uncle got me tickets for the Western division play-off btw the Rams and the Pack in Milwaukee. Little cold, little moist and I spent the day watching Forrest Gregg battle Deacon Jones in a clash of the
Titans. Gregg won as rookie HB Travis Wiilliams had a huge day in the Packer win.

The understanding was that my uncle would take his wife to the NFL Championship game the next Sunday. December 31 rolled around and at a little after 10, my uncle called. If I wanted to go to the game, be ready in 10 minutes. I was 17 and freaked out in my pre-game dressing. I had a cross between my hunting and skiing clothes, but I royally screwed up my coverage for hands AND feet. I had some pretty good ski gloves, but mittens should have been selected. Feet? a pair of Chuck Taylor converse all-stars and one pair of white socks. This would prove to be a major problem. We were in row 42 on the East side of the stadium about the Southern 40 yd line. It was real chilly at the start of the game, but not that hateful. Not much wind and pretty bright sun. It was cold then, but tolerable. Starr hit Dowler for a couple touchdowns, but the weather began to deteriorate. A couple Packer fumbles gave the Boys 10 pts so it was 14-10 at the half.

Half time was like nite and day. The sun was no longer shining on the fans as it got weaker and lower in the sky. The sky was this awful grey color and the cold set in. It seemed like the temp would fall another degree every 15 minutes or so. The ski gloves weren't hacking the program and the converse tennis and the thin socks weren't doing dick. I was in some severe pain, baby At the start of the 4th quarter, the Boys got a long touchdown pass from Dan Reeves to Lance Rentzel. 17 -14 Boys and I was a hurtin' unit. A guy next to me was feeding me Blackberry brandy from a fifth he had with him. The booze did yield slight pain support, but not much. My feet, toes, hands, and fingers were sceaming in pain. I could stand the pain, but all my digits didn't feel like they were even part of my body anymore. A guy came back to the seats and announced that had started fires down under the south end zone from construction material that was laying around. I made up my mind to go down there if another Packer drive failed. Another thing that was happening was the fog from people's breath was so thick, it was difficult to follow running plays on the East side of the stands. Another Packer drive failed and I made a bee-line under the stands to find the fires. There were several of 'em and I gathered around 'em, trying to get warm. I would put my feet and hand close to the burning wood as I could stand. The warming of the fire didn't relieve the pain, it unthawed the nerve sand actually was more painful that it was in the stands. I stayed with my warming task until a guy pointed out that both my shoes were on fire. I didn't give a shit, I wanted warm again.

Then there came a roar from the crowd above us. The Pack did something was the cry. this was like being in a damned war. I ran (as best I could) to the top of the aisle that lead into the stadium. The Packers were driving towards us. Donny Anderson caught two pretty good swing passes and we might finally have a shot at winning this sucker. Then Chuck Mercien carried a pass down to the 10 or so. the Pack then ran Mercien to the two on a give play. Donny Anderson ran a couple stabs to the goal and actually scored on the second one, but the refs waved it off. Then Starr made his famous sneak and all hell broke loose. The pain went way for a bit in all the hysteria. then it returned every bit as intense as it was during the ball game. No more burning wood piles for me, a car heater was what I wanted. We maxed up the heaters, but our toes and digits were hurtin' all the way home.

WE all sustained frostbite of some category or the other, but what the hell, we were all Wisconsinites, that's a winter thing. One other effect hit us on the way home. I probably had 2/3 of a bottle of booze in my belly. The drive home warned our bodies and that allowed the booze to do it's intoxicationg thing. After a half hour, we were smashed on the liquor, buzzing on the win, but in pain from the cold. Weird feeling, hope I never experience it again.

Wear warm stuff on hands and feet and take those little warming pads. A bunch of 'em. Slip some in your boots and gloves and keep extras.

Don't forget the blackberry brandy. An ice fishing staple.

mraynrand
01-04-2014, 12:54 AM
Jesus, what a story. Fantastic. Blackberry Brandy and Wisconsin are just inseparable, aren't they?

The only people who might dress better than hunters and ice fishermen are paper boys. I recall one Sunday morning in 1979 delivering the Milwaukee Urinal in a -26F deep freeze, but I was moving fast, which is more like being a player on the field than a fan in the stands!

Burning Chuckie Taylors....Just awesome....

bobblehead
01-04-2014, 07:25 AM

KY, 90% of the time I see a post this long and I skip it. Glad that I know you to be a guy who doesn't waste a lot of pixels. Thank you for this post.

bobblehead
01-04-2014, 07:27 AM
Jesus, what a story. Fantastic. Blackberry Brandy and Wisconsin are just inseparable, aren't they?

The only people who might dress better than hunters and ice fishermen are paper boys. I recall one Sunday morning in 1979 delivering the Milwaukee Urinal in a -26F deep freeze, but I was moving fast, which is more like being a player on the field than a fan in the stands!

Burning Chuckie Taylors....Just awesome....

Yea, it brought back some hunting memories for me where I drove home and wouldn't even get out of the car when I got home because the car heater on my hands and feet were direct and better than going inside. Now days we have the little hand warmers, propane heaters and all the good stuff we never had growing up. Sometimes in a sick nostalgic twist I miss being frozen right to the core.

woodbuck27
01-04-2014, 07:34 AM

If you were there the list of 'older' Packerrats amounts to what number?

I classify 'older' as anyone over 55 years of age.

KYPack is really old and then there's Patler really up there too and I'm coming along in age.

You too ... who knew!

pbmax
01-04-2014, 07:35 AM
I have melted the rubber toes of my Chuck Taylors trying to dry them out next to a fire. Made for a great second tongue on my shoes as the rubber ran down the toes. But I have never set them on fire. My hats off to you.

bobblehead
01-04-2014, 07:49 AM
If you were there the list of 'older' Packerrats amounts to what number?

I classify 'older' as anyone over 55 years of age.

KYPack is really old and then there's Patler really up there too and I'm coming along in age.

You too ... who knew!

I was joking Woody. I wasn't born yet in 1967. My comment was so absurd I thought you would pick up on it.

woodbuck27
01-04-2014, 07:56 AM
There were slightly over 50,000 in Lambeau that day and I was one of 'em. ....

Edit of story for brevity (Please see 'the original', this thread post #21)

By the way... A fantastic tale by 'YOU' KY and with all the lieing we're aware of/or not, lately. Entirely and really believable.

I almost thought this was a story of my grandfather's reincarnated; except he'd be telling us about some wrestling match he attended; or a hunting or fishing story. That's a great compliment or respect I pay you KY :wink:.... Eldon Alonzo Bell was ALL ... A REAL MAN.

It's really difficult to find such today.

... Then Starr made his famous sneak and all hell broke loose. The pain went way for a bit in all the hysteria. then it returned every bit as intense as it was during the ball game. No more burning wood piles for me, a car heater was what I wanted. We maxed up the heaters, but our toes and digits were hurtin' all the way home.

WE all sustained frostbite of some category or the other, but what the hell, we were all Wisconsinites, that's a winter thing. One other effect hit us on the way home. I probably had 2/3 of a bottle of booze in my belly. The drive home warned our bodies and that allowed the booze to do it's intoxicationg thing. After a half hour, we were smashed on the liquor, buzzing on the win, but in pain from the cold. Weird feeling, hope I never experience it again.

Wear warm stuff on hands and feet and take those little warming pads. A bunch of 'em. Slip some in your boots and gloves and keep extras.

A question for you KY:

Did you ever father children? :-P

GO PACKERS....GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
01-04-2014, 07:59 AM
I was joking Woody. I wasn't born yet in 1967. My comment was so absurd I thought you would pick up on it.

I'm just carrying on with you Mate.

You' need to acquire a tad more color before I'd seriously accuse you of degenerating into a man of many tales. :-D

woodbuck27
01-04-2014, 08:00 AM
I have melted the rubber toes of my Chuck Taylors trying to dry them out next to a fire. Made for a great second tongue on my shoes as the rubber ran down the toes. But I have never set them on fire. My hats off to you.

Chuck Taylor must have been pissed.

Wear your own boots.

Bossman641
01-04-2014, 08:43 AM
There were slightly over 50,000 in Lambeau that day and I was one of 'em......

Holy shit that's a great story

red
01-04-2014, 08:51 AM

I went to all 3 games in Lambeau that end of the season. The Steeler game was the last regular season game and it sucked. Don Horn and Zeke were the QB's in the rain and bluster, a Packer loss. My uncle got me tickets for the Western division play-off btw the Rams and the Pack in Milwaukee. Little cold, little moist and I spent the day watching Forrest Gregg battle Deacon Jones in a clash of the
Titans. Gregg won as rookie HB Travis Wiilliams had a huge day in the Packer win.

The understanding was that my uncle would take his wife to the NFL Championship game the next Sunday. December 31 rolled around and at a little after 10, my uncle called. If I wanted to go to the game, be ready in 10 minutes. I was 17 and freaked out in my pre-game dressing. I had a cross between my hunting and skiing clothes, but I royally screwed up my coverage for hands AND feet. I had some pretty good ski gloves, but mittens should have been selected. Feet? a pair of Chuck Taylor converse all-stars and one pair of white socks. This would prove to be a major problem. We were in row 42 on the East side of the stadium about the Southern 40 yd line. It was real chilly at the start of the game, but not that hateful. Not much wind and pretty bright sun. It was cold then, but tolerable. Starr hit Dowler for a couple touchdowns, but the weather began to deteriorate. A couple Packer fumbles gave the Boys 10 pts so it was 14-10 at the half.

Half time was like nite and day. The sun was no longer shining on the fans as it got weaker and lower in the sky. The sky was this awful grey color and the cold set in. It seemed like the temp would fall another degree every 15 minutes or so. The ski gloves weren't hacking the program and the converse tennis and the thin socks weren't doing dick. I was in some severe pain, baby At the start of the 4th quarter, the Boys got a long touchdown pass from Dan Reeves to Lance Rentzel. 17 -14 Boys and I was a hurtin' unit. A guy next to me was feeding me Blackberry brandy from a fifth he had with him. The booze did yield slight pain support, but not much. My feet, toes, hands, and fingers were sceaming in pain. I could stand the pain, but all my digits didn't feel like they were even part of my body anymore. A guy came back to the seats and announced that had started fires down under the south end zone from construction material that was laying around. I made up my mind to go down there if another Packer drive failed. Another thing that was happening was the fog from people's breath was so thick, it was difficult to follow running plays on the East side of the stands. Another Packer drive failed and I made a bee-line under the stands to find the fires. There were several of 'em and I gathered around 'em, trying to get warm. I would put my feet and hand close to the burning wood as I could stand. The warming of the fire didn't relieve the pain, it unthawed the nerve sand actually was more painful that it was in the stands. I stayed with my warming task until a guy pointed out that both my shoes were on fire. I didn't give a shit, I wanted warm again.

Then there came a roar from the crowd above us. The Pack did something was the cry. this was like being in a damned war. I ran (as best I could) to the top of the aisle that lead into the stadium. The Packers were driving towards us. Donny Anderson caught two pretty good swing passes and we might finally have a shot at winning this sucker. Then Chuck Mercien carried a pass down to the 10 or so. the Pack then ran Mercien to the two on a give play. Donny Anderson ran a couple stabs to the goal and actually scored on the second one, but the refs waved it off. Then Starr made his famous sneak and all hell broke loose. The pain went way for a bit in all the hysteria. then it returned every bit as intense as it was during the ball game. No more burning wood piles for me, a car heater was what I wanted. We maxed up the heaters, but our toes and digits were hurtin' all the way home.

LOL

that is awesome KY

chuck taylors? what the hell were you thinking?

red
01-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Yea, it brought back some hunting memories for me where I drove home and wouldn't even get out of the car when I got home because the car heater on my hands and feet were direct and better than going inside. Now days we have the little hand warmers, propane heaters and all the good stuff we never had growing up. Sometimes in a sick nostalgic twist I miss being frozen right to the core.

don't forget battery powered underwear and socks

woodbuck27
01-04-2014, 08:55 AM
don't forget battery powered underwear and socks

It'll be rough lugging those 12 Volt batteries around.

pbmax
01-04-2014, 09:37 AM
It'll be rough lugging those 12 Volt batteries around.

Just be careful not to touch the leads to the metal bleacher or the people next to you may not be happy.

woodbuck27
01-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Just be careful not to touch the leads to the metal bleacher or the people next to you may not be happy.

You'd be better off wearing 49ers garb. :whist:

Some fans may have a laundry bill after this game with all the cheering and:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10239011/green-bay-packers-philadelphia-eagles-take-steps-battle-cold-snow

Packers to offer fans free coffee

January 4, 2014, 2:17 AM ET

KYPack
01-04-2014, 10:01 AM
LOL

that is awesome KY

chuck taylors? what the hell were you thinking?

Geez, thanx for the great advice, Red one. In short Red, I totally screwed up. But I was under extreme duress. We were running late to the game and my uncle Jim was jamming me to get going. I'd have been dressed like a bikini girl if that sucker had his way. I don't exactly remember, but the Chuck Taylor's may have been a style choice. They were right next my hunting boots, BTW. I had a head/face warmth problem also. My ski hat was OK for skiing, but it didn't quite hack the program in that stadium cold. A guy in the row below us GAVE me on of those bank robber ski masks as he was leaving to take his wife back home. The mask/hat helped a good bit.

There was a community spirit in that crowd that was like you find in blizzards or natural disasters. People were in the early stages of freezing to death. Others helped them thru the troubles as best they could. One key item that my entire little group failed to bring was blankets. Two of 'em, one for the upper body and one for the feet. those that did that coped way better than anyone else.

My memories of the second half are now a dim blur. I've never been at a game where I felt so awful, been in that much pain. But I've seen the replays, so many of my memories are of the film. One thing that sticks out in my mind is the "Lombardi progression". VTL always stood at mid field, coaching the boys. For this last drive, he moved towards that South end zone, exerting his will on the team. For the last 3-4 plays, there was the old man in his camel hair coat, freezing his ass off, but still driving the guys into the end zone. The look on his face was one of pain and anger. I remember thinking, "Goddamn, even Lombardi is cold"! Lombardi was as uncomfortable as anybody, but you could get a sense of that indomitable will, forcing his guys to know they had to score and win.

I got frostbite on both feet and some fingers, for some reason, it was worse on my right foot and right hand. It lingered for a long time, but eventually faded away.

woodbuck27
01-04-2014, 10:12 AM
Geez, thanx for the great advice, Red one. In short Red, I totally screwed up. But I was under extreme duress. We were running late to the game and my uncle Jim was jamming me to get going. I'd have been dressed like a bikini girl if that sucker had his way. I don't exactly remember, but the Chuck Taylor's may have been a style choice. They were right next my hunting boots, BTW. I had a head/face warmth problem also. My ski hat was OK for skiing, but it didn't quite hack the program in that stadium cold. A guy in the row below us GAVE me on of those bank robber ski masks as he was leaving to take his wife back home. The mask/hat helped a good bit.

There was a community spirit in that crowd that was like you find in blizzards or natural disasters. People were in the early stages of freezing to death. Others helped them thru the troubles as best they could. One key item that my entire little group failed to bring was blankets. Two of 'em, one for the upper body and one for the feet. those that did that coped way better than anyone else.

My memories of the second half are now a dim blur. I've never been at a game where I felt so awful, been in that much pain. But I've seen the replays, so many of my memories are of the film. One thing that sticks out in my mind is the "Lombardi progression". VTL always stood at mid field, coaching the boys. For this last drive, he moved towards that South end zone, exerting his will on the team. For the last 3-4 plays, there was the old man in his camel hair coat, freezing his ass off, but still driving the guys into the end zone. The look on his face was one of pain and anger. I remember thinking, "Goddamn, even Lombardi is cold"! Lombardi was as uncomfortable as anybody, but you could get a sense of that indomitable will, forcing his guys to know they had to score and win.

I got frostbite on both feet and some fingers, for some reason, it was worse on my right foot and right hand. It lingered for a long time, but eventually faded away.

Ohh man..JUST like SAINT Vince ...You'll never fade away KY.

I like this story better than the first. It's so visual....You put me right there on that day and I see Saint Vince and all his spirit and will.

Thanks for that KY. Greatly appreciated Mate. :-D

bobblehead
01-04-2014, 10:50 AM

But it does create a little more space for you to sprawl out over.

Pugger
01-04-2014, 11:41 AM

I just had my hubby read your account because he was there too. He said the biggest problem back then was you didn't have the clothing, boots and hand/feet warmers like you have today. He tells me the crappy green rubber boots he wore were the WORST choice he could have made but he didn't have many other options either.

sooner6600
01-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Good News.

We in the Soo had good ole USAF bunny boots and artic thermals and artic parkahs.
We were ok; but -20F is a bit stout.

Loved the game on the 13" color GE TV.

TravisWilliams23
01-04-2014, 01:32 PM
Gregg won as rookie HB Travis Wiilliams had a huge day in the Packer win.

That rookie was something special that year, KY!
Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Pain usually helps seal the memory of any particular event and your frostbite is a testament to that.

woodbuck27
01-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Good News.

We in the Soo had good ole USAF bunny boots and artic thermals and artic parkahs.
We were ok; but -20F is a bit stout.

Loved the game on the 13" color GE TV.

Your family had money. A 13 ' TV in the kitchen.

That game on Dec 31, 1967 Features just to touch on the fringe of some NFL history:

TV Network: CBS

TV Announcers: Ray Scott, Jack Buck Joe's Daddy,

Frank Gifford, Pat Summerall, and Tom Brookshier.

The 1967 game ...a rematch of the 1966 NFL title game of January 1, 1967. More than two years after football had become the most popular televised sport in the nation, this game was the ultimate hope for an NFL Championship.

Tom 'the Hat' Landry Vs Vince 'the Saint' Lombard:

Tom Landry had the finest defensive mind of his era. Vince Lombardi was the best offensive coach of his era.

Their path crossed in 1954 with the New York Giants. Vince Lombardi became the GIANTS OC and Tom Landry, the LCB for the Giants, doubled up as the GIANTS defensive coordinator.

These men were opposites in terms of personality. Lombardi was strong voiced demanding who was extremely emotional upon achieving success and that contrasted with a dark low with only the slightest disappointment in his projections of right and his life and the team he loved .

Tom Landry was methodical or cool/calm under the greatest duress.

It was the Landry coached 'Doomsday Defense' Vs the Two Consecutive Time World Champion 'Vince Lombardi' Green Bay Packers with its renowned 'Lombardi sweep'.

Back then and before that highly built up game it was a strong belief that trumped hope for us Green Bay Packer fans.

Three consecutive World Championships.

Some of this group of Packerrats actually experienced this game up close and personal and froze their knickers; or watched the game on TV and cheered like maybe we never did before or after?

I cheered pretty damn well last Sunday Vs The Chicago Bears.

I'll cheer as hard as I can tomorrow.

The San Fran 49ers are going home very very defeated.

GO PACKERS...GO PACK GO !

sooner6600
01-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Woodbuck;

You forgot about Frank Gifford saying that he was going to take a bite out of his coffee!

One of our USAF airman said he was going to GB; it was warmer. He made it to the game.

Alas; he was recorded as awol, as he was a now show for shape up on Monday. I got his job.

He got his stripes back as he signed up for SE Asia duty. I got mine sorting out his poor recording methods.

Thank God for Red Leaf Tea.

Then agian Molson is not so bad.
Just try and get it over the border to US of A.

hahahahahhaha

woodbuck27
01-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Woodbuck;

You forgot about Frank Gifford saying that he was going to take a bite out of his coffee!

One of our USAF airman said he was going to GB; it was warmer. He made it to the game.

Alas; he was recorded as awol, as he was a now show for shape up on Monday. I got his job.

He got his stripes back as he signed up for SE Asia duty. I got mine sorting out his poor recording methods.

Thank God for Red Leaf Tea.

Then agian Molson is not so bad.

Just try and get it over the border to US of A.

hahahahahhaha

Molson Golden Ale?

I believe it used to taste better and for some reason the same brand bottled in Canada has a different taste than the stuff shipped across the border. That might just be my imagination.

I never drink Moosehead Lager 'Export' (the Green bottle); but Canadian Moosehead Pale Ale is full of flavour and a World Prize winning ale. It's heavy on the molasses taste but very interesting all the same.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTI_vNQHEtLkKd93bwMmgt0eKdiE_oPY J8mRNVNQHwv-bSs-K8veYyC8SLC

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrAKd5u3amnqmX5NF1tU8yunH_WePZY iTutqvRZEqt2JxWthAqlA

DRINK... a lot !!

So much for beer. let's talk tea:

Do you mean Red Rose Tea from my Home Town Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada?

http://www.redrosetea.com/history.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prVRwXAWFeA

The Red Rose Tea chimps commercial...

The BEST Commercial ever ! It ROCKS Laughter :-) !!

sooner6600
01-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Woodbuck;

Don't Know.

We had it the the Canadian Soo. Bookmiller's bride to be served it with digestive cookies.
Sorry; It is Red Rose with Nautical Figurines.

It was a hit in 1890! and has since been sold to US of A interests.

It it is not bad. Look it up on the Web.

My friend in the UK says it is rubbish.
This is due to the fact all cheap tea comes adultirated from South Africa.

Purchased this at Odd Losts is Ardmore Oklahoma.

It is a good cuppa. It is a blend of orange pekoe and pekoe cut black tea.
I take it black.

redrosetea.com

Gave some to my dentist. His wife and mother are from Rigina.
We also have a clinician from Toronto; who knows more Pakcer Lore than I do.

She knows the gee gee's too and does quite well. Too bad she has a husband.

Don't ask, don't know; we all just show up in no mans land trying to make the best of it.

Some taste of beer is lost over the boder due to alcohol content. US of A is just so prissy some times.

Cheers to you and lets go Packers.
I have my cheese hat and coaches t shirt.
It is so thread bare. The colours are faded.
There must be one victory left in it.

woodbuck27
01-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Woodbuck;

Don't Know.

We had it the the Canadian Soo. Bookmiller's bride to be served it with digestive cookies.
Sorry; It is Read Rose with Nautical Figurines.

It was a hit in 1890! and has since been sold to US of A interests.

It it is not bad. Look it up on the Web.

My friend in the UK says it is rubbish.
This is due to the fact all cheap tea comes adultirated from South Africa.

Purchased this at Odd Losts is Ardmore Oklahoma.

It is a good cuppa. It is a blend of orange pekoe and pekoe cut black tea.
I take it black.

redrosetea.com

Gave some to my dentist. His wife and mother are from Rigina.

Don't ask, don't know; we all just show up in no mans land trying to make the best of it.

Some taste of beer is lost over the boder due to alcohol content. US of A is just so prissy some times.

Cheers to you and lets go Packers.
I have my cheese hat and coaches t shirt.
It is so thread bare. The colours are faded.
There must be one victory left in it.

hahahaha that's funny man. I'm wearing a Green Bay Packer sweat shirt as I type this response to you.

Yes it's Red Rose Tea...and a Maritime favourite.

I'll never I hope forget my Father 'Bert' one weekend on a fishing trip and his acting out the Chimp Red Rose Tea commercials.

That was such a hoot but one of those "you'd have to be there to understand" times.