PDA

View Full Version : Did Rodgers flirt with pro sports immortality last summer?

Patler
12-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Last summer it was reported that a high profile NFL player would come out as being gay. Now, stories are circulating that the player was Aaron Rodgers. (Reported girlfriend not withstanding.)

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/12/31/aaron-rodgers-gay-kevin-lanflisi-report/

Having a live-in personal assistant certainly adds fuel to these rumors, and it is easy to read comments made by both men over the past couple years and infer that a gay relationship existed.

Another example of cryptic Twitter comments opening a vast expanse of possible interpretations. I don't understand why any celebrity or anyone associated with a celebrity uses Twitter.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-31-2013, 12:36 PM
Last summer it was reported that a high profile NFL player would come out as being gay. Now, stories are circulating that the player was Aaron Rodgers. (Reported girlfriend not withstanding.)

Having a live-in personal assistant certainly adds fuel to these rumors, and it is easy to read comments made by both men over the past couple years and infer that a gay relationship existed.

Another example of cryptic Twitter comments opening a vast expanse of possible interpretations. I don't understand why any celebrity or anyone associated with a celebrity uses Twitter.

Would anyone care? As long as he doesn't try to hit on me, I'm good.

denverYooper
12-31-2013, 12:44 PM

Hell, if he wins the Superbowl this year he can hit on me all he wants.

Patler
12-31-2013, 12:45 PM

Yah, I'm well beyond caring what anyone does in their personal lives, too; but the idea of a current NFL player acknowledging his homosexuality is very meaningful to a segment of the population. Whoever is the first to do so will carry that story the rest of his life and career. As his career ends, some will always question if it ended earlier than it would have had he not acknowledged his sexual orientation. To some, he will be a hero; to some, an aberration

mraynrand
12-31-2013, 01:01 PM
I will only find it disturbing from the POV of his relationship with Jay Cutler. That's just too much for any Packer fan to bear.

Get it, ''bear"

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 01:02 PM
Is Aaron Rodgers GAY?

It's 'only' his business.

Appearances aren't an indication of any TRUTH.

His truth and his gayness or not is all his own business.

If he is GAY and came out.

Would that necessarily affect his style of play, competency and NFL stature as arguably the finest player in the league?

Would an announcement of any Gay sexual persuasion necessarily Champion him in the Gay World?

It's all a mystery.

mraynrand
12-31-2013, 01:02 PM
I don't understand why any celebrity or anyone associated with a celebrity uses Twitter.

The answer is right there, you just have to think it through.

mraynrand
12-31-2013, 01:03 PM
Appearances aren't an indication of any TRUTH.

That's strange - it appeared to me that the Packers won the game on Sunday.

falco
12-31-2013, 01:11 PM
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/312/9/7/my_wallpaper___lsp__drama_bomb_by_seven7h_door-d4fl2ml.png

MadtownPacker
12-31-2013, 01:14 PM
Well this would explain his disappointment with the niners not drafting him! :lol:

C'mon man, the man pulls more honey than bees. I wouldn't give a fuck either way but I think Rodgers appears to like throwing the ball not catching.

Besides, you Midwest pukes always hate on Cali boyz.

mraynrand
12-31-2013, 01:15 PM
http://4-ps.googleusercontent.com/x/www.thehollywoodgossip.com/images.thehollywoodgossip.com/iu/t_xlarge_l/v1388505818/xkevin-lanflisi-and-aaron-rodgers.jpg.pagespeed.ic.4jcXAC0EoH.jpg

he has a purty mouth

Joe Buck had better watch himself in those pre-game meetings!

MadtownPacker
12-31-2013, 01:19 PM
Hell, if he wins the Superbowl this year he can hit on me all he wants.
There it is bitch!!!! :lol:

Rutnstrut
12-31-2013, 01:22 PM
It would explain that dumb ass mustache, could also be why him and TT are so tight.

denverYooper
12-31-2013, 01:28 PM
Yah, I'm well beyond caring what anyone does in their personal lives, too; but the idea of a current NFL player acknowledging his homosexuality is very meaningful to a segment of the population. Whoever is the first to do so will carry that story the rest of his life and career. As his career ends, some will always question if it ended earlier than it would have had he not acknowledged his sexual orientation. To some, he will be a hero; to some, an aberration

Were he gay and to come out, I don't see this as the time he'd do it. He's always been very careful in dealing with things that would affect the organization. This is something that would bring a huge amount of distraction to the team because there would be a media circus around it. Unless he has stronger allegiances to the other team, I don't buy it.

TravisWilliams23
12-31-2013, 01:30 PM
Is THAT why TT wasted that draft pick on him back in 2005? :shock:

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 01:32 PM
That's strange - it appeared to me that the Packers won the game on Sunday.

Hey smartass. Your the one that claims a gift with usage and the English language. I'm guessing that your 'reading challenged' after the above post.

The word 'appeared' is used correctly in your sentence.

The word 'appearances' is used correctly in mine.

mraynrand
12-31-2013, 01:32 PM
It would explain that dumb ass mustache, could also be why him and TT are so tight.

Oh God, I can just see Tank furiously composing "Ted Trapped in the closet (with Aaron )"

mraynrand
12-31-2013, 01:33 PM
Hey smartass. Your the one that claims a gift with usage and the English language. I'm guessing that your 'reading challenged' after the above post.

The word 'appeared' is used correctly in your sentence.

The word 'appearances' is used correctly in mine.

That's strange, by all appearances Green Bay won on Sunday.

channtheman
12-31-2013, 01:34 PM
30 and no GF or wife, when he could pick whoever he wants. Only one thing to say here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvSupdP3Ijw

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-31-2013, 01:42 PM
30 and no GF or wife, when he could pick whoever he wants. Only one thing to say here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvSupdP3Ijw

I personally do NOT believe there is any chance in HELL that he is gay....but that queer sure can heave a football... Oops, am I banned now?

TravisWilliams23
12-31-2013, 01:43 PM
I guess that rules out any guest appearances on Duck Dynasty.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 01:48 PM
http://4-ps.googleusercontent.com/x/www.thehollywoodgossip.com/images.thehollywoodgossip.com/iu/t_xlarge_l/v1388505818/xkevin-lanflisi-and-aaron-rodgers.jpg.pagespeed.ic.4jcXAC0EoH.jpg

he has a purty mouth

Joe Buck had better watch himself in those pre-game meetings!

Looking Gay .... isn't Gay. Gayness isn't any reason for an exclusion. Neither is being Gay.

Actually that Pic at least appears to be a possible photo shop gimmick.

If Aaron Rodgers is gay?

What overblown simple minded blow heart would judge or condemn him?

falco
12-31-2013, 01:49 PM
Were he gay and to come out, I don't see this as the time he'd do it. He's always been very careful in dealing with things that would affect the organization. This is something that would bring a huge amount of distraction to the team because there would be a media circus around it. Unless he has stronger allegiances to the other team, I don't buy it.

Doesn't sound like this is his doing though.

Patler
12-31-2013, 01:49 PM

No, I wouldn't expect it now either, unless the "is he or isn't he" story itself were to become a major distraction. Early in an off season, as was rumored last summer, is when I would expect any player to announce it.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 01:50 PM
That's strange, by all appearances Green Bay won on Sunday.

OK I'll award you with a 'C'.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 01:57 PM

No problem and the media.

The Packers would simply turn to Mike McCarthy and what he's best suited for; his best calling for 'the Team':

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVdqLwKF2kMN5wdSxQ9m4a2rtbyyOqx JfMb6TPbABAsLTMt7HYkA

Locker Room Security.

MadtownPacker
12-31-2013, 01:58 PM
Dammit! I just jammed up Bobble about letting go of the people that hated on Rodgers and now this come up.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 02:01 PM
Well this would explain his disappointment with the niners not drafting him! :lol:

C'mon man, the man pulls more honey than bees. I wouldn't give a fuck either way but I think Rodgers appears to like throwing the ball not catching.

Besides, you Midwest pukes always hate on Cali boyz.

Yea Eh ! He does seem to enjoy a nice gay bar.

Too many of those in San Fran and thus a possible distraction.

Not so much of that I assume in Green Bay. Maybe I assume too much!? ;-)

MadtownPacker
12-31-2013, 02:04 PM
I was kidding Woodster. I meant Rodgers has been seen when several cuties all around. In other words, I'm throwing an unsportsmanlike conduct flag on this article.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 02:07 PM
I will only find it disturbing from the POV of his relationship with Jay Cutler. That's just too much for any Packer fan to bear.

Get it, ''bear"

Ohh .... Aaron and Jay!?

A Packerbear ... a Bearpacker.

mmm Is it red or blue? Ice cream or pudding? Car or truck? Chocolate cake or white cake? Atairi or Xbox?

mraynrand
12-31-2013, 02:08 PM

maybe they could pray away the gay?

Or pray away the Jay?

ThunderDan
12-31-2013, 02:09 PM

Best post in this thread!

mraynrand
12-31-2013, 02:12 PM
Dammit! I just jammed up Bobble

That was an untimely turn of a phrase.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 02:13 PM
I was kidding Woodster. I meant Rodgers has been seen when several cuties all around. In other words, I'm throwing an unsportsmanlike conduct flag on this article.

No Mad let this thread go to see how educated how hip this forum is.

This thread will offer all of us some form of education RE: freedom of sexual choice and WHAM...I stepped right into that one.

I see your point of view.

It's about Politics..it's outta here.

The same goes for any topics RE: Religion and Sexuality related.

Blow it to the proper forum mad.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 02:19 PM

Well this thread will **likely go viral.

The question of Aaron Rodgers and his gayness or not is legit but maybe? not here.

Maybe not? on this football Packer forum as it might severely traumatize any delicate or naïve souls here.

** 49 posts in 2:30 >>> It's taking off ! It's 'only' 4:15 PM EST

You'd think his last name was Favre. Wasn't that a mess for me to try to manage? It all seems very funny in hindsight; but back on that afternoon. Boy Ohh Boy ... I wanted to smack someone up the side of his silly head.

Fosco33
12-31-2013, 02:21 PM
Interesting. Go to the Kevin twitter feed and the comments/dates line up w/ quite a few of the national news stories about coming out/etc. But he also shares messages with Randall Cobb...

Day after Arod injury....
Kevin Lanflisi ‏@KevinLanflisi 5 Nov
A pessimist that TRANSFORMED into an optimist in his prime.

Kevin Lanflisi ‏@KevinLanflisi 11 Sep
I wish I would have walked away. Instead God had to drag me out by my ear. I kicked and screamed for a while. But I'm starting to get it.
Kevin Lanflisi ‏@KevinLanflisi 7 Sep
I'll never try to recreate the past. That time was that time. It was special. But it'll never be that ever again.
Kevin Lanflisi ‏@KevinLanflisi 4 Sep
I'll probably never get the props I feel I ever deserved...

Kevin Lanflisi ‏@KevinLanflisi 27 Mar
Time to hit the "LEBRON" button. @rcobb18

TravisWilliams23
12-31-2013, 02:21 PM
No Mad let this thread go to see how educated how hip this forum is.

This thread will offer all of us some form of education RE: freedom of sexual choice and WHAM...I stepped right into that one.

I see your point of view.

It's about Politics..it's outta here.

The same goes for any topics RE: Religion and Sexuality related.

Blow it to the proper forum mad.

Bad choice of words there WB for a gay thread.:smile:

MadtownPacker
12-31-2013, 02:23 PM
The thread isn't going anywhere Woody. I am saying I think the article is not accurate is all.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 02:26 PM
The thread isn't going anywhere Woody. I am saying I think the article is not accurate is all.

Cool. :bclap:

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 02:28 PM
Bad choice of words there WB for a gay thread.:smile:

Yea Eh!

The best laughs are ............... at oneself. :smile:

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 02:34 PM
Dammit! I just jammed up Bobble about letting go of the people that hated on Rodgers and now this come up.

Yea...have a beer.

Laugh it off.

Packman_26
12-31-2013, 02:40 PM
Either someones a liar or he's not gay.
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/04/exclusive-interview-photos-aaron-rodgers-girlfriend-met-him-church-camp-9-year/
And it would be a rather elaborate ruse since she's wearing an engagement ring.
http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/aaron-rodgers-ring.jpg
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/610/060/aaron-rodgers-engagement-ring_original.jpg?1352748129

KYPack
12-31-2013, 02:43 PM
Oh God, I can just see Tank furiously composing "Ted Trapped in the closet (with Aaron )"

That would mean the noose.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 02:47 PM
No, I wouldn't expect it now either, unless the "is he or isn't he" story itself were to become a major distraction. Early in an off season, as was rumored last summer, is when I would expect any player to announce it.

Yes and especially after his obvious Brett Favre LOVE.

Likely that pissed Teddy and Mikey off so much that any possible announcement of his possible gayness:

Was placed 'on HOLD' in the 'Are You Fricken' Kiddin' Me Aaron ... Are YOU OUT of YOUR FRICKEN MIND ... File.

Packman_26
12-31-2013, 02:52 PM
Rodgers just denied it on Tuesday with Aaron.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 02:55 PM
Hey can we dispel this talk and Aaron's gayness? He's really a nice guy.

Check him out here. That deep husky voice...that rugged 'Buck' body.

Watch how he moves dancing onto the set. Macho Man or what!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50qOsNWupHs

Now look at CM III at the top of this piece...That's really gay.

denverYooper
12-31-2013, 03:00 PM

Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 4m
Aaron Rodgers, on @ESPNMilwaukee, re: Internet rumors: “I’m not gay. I really, really like women. That’s all I can say about that.” #Packers

denverYooper
12-31-2013, 03:04 PM
Jim Souhan ‏@SouhanStrib 8m
@mikefreemanNFL Aikman went through the same thing in Dallas. Was just as ridiculous then.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 03:07 PM
Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 4m
Aaron Rodgers, on @ESPNMilwaukee, re: Internet rumors: “I’m not gay. I really, really like women. That’s all I can say about that.” #Packers

There you go. He's like most of us 'REAL' men. He really really likes...some women.

Ohh wait...that's not how he put that.

denverYooper
12-31-2013, 03:18 PM
There you go. He's like most of us 'REAL' men. He really really likes...some women.

Ohh wait...that's not how he put that.

Like one of my old bosses used to say, "they're all sisters upside down".

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 03:54 PM
May we examine this strictly focused on the original post of this thread:

Did Rodgers flirt with pro sports immortality last summer?

"Last summer it was reported that a high profile NFL player would come out as being gay. Now, stories are circulating that the player was Aaron Rodgers. (Reported girlfriend not withstanding.)" Patler

So what do we have besides what Aaron Rodgers former roommate ' Kevin Lanflisi ' reported with some emotion over and after his separation from Aaron Rodgers? He's been obviously bruised somehow. People who feel over emotional about such disruption in their lives often go to war with the person they once felt dedication for.

Could this simply be about that and really nothing else to merit this rumor?

I'll write this as a fact:

I really don't /wouldn't care one small bit if Aaron Rodgers is gay. That's his lifestyle and option of free choice. I'll also add that this subject is really not any of your or my interest in specific terms that it's 'just' Aaron Rodgers business.

Here we are and what do we do with it?

DO WE NEED A DISTRACTION and such a bullshit question.

DO WE SPECIFICALLY NEED such right this week? NOW!?

I think not.

red
12-31-2013, 04:16 PM
yeah, he's been drilling his childhood friend for awhile now. she's the blond in the picture

and there was the stint with erin andrews

i don't know. it wouldn't bother me if he was, but i would be shocked if it were true

if it were true, one of the best football players in the game a future hall of famer and one of the best team leaders you could ever find coming out would be huge

Joemailman
12-31-2013, 04:17 PM

Don't worry. There's no way Mad would let that guy back in here. :razz:

gbpackfan
12-31-2013, 04:40 PM
Aaron denied it on the radio today. Saying he likes women very. very much. He completely laughed it off. But who gives a flying fuck if he is. Be gay, get married. I could care less. The whole story is dumb. Everyone that is so concerned about who is fucking who obviously isn't taking care of their business in the bedroom themselves. And that isn't a shot at any of the posters on this forum. It is to the author of the article(s). WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!

And btw guys, if a gay guy hits on you, you should feel very complemented. They are very picky. I was called pretty a couple weeks ago! And I bragged that shit up! Ha ha.

red
12-31-2013, 04:44 PM
And btw guys, if a gay guy hits on you, you should feel very complemented. They are very picky. I was called pretty a couple weeks ago! And I bragged that shiit up! Ha ha.

i've been hit on a few times by guys and i do take it as a complement

then i would go on to strike out with all the girls in the bar

Joemailman
12-31-2013, 04:47 PM
Maybe Rodgers should do a Travis Henry and end all this speculation. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/12/sports/football/12henry.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 04:53 PM

Talking to himself might indicate some extreme stress that would better be handled by:

Completely ignoring anything even bordering on questions/questioning his personal needs that are within the Law and Constitution.

It's his own life and business.

We as individuals are solely responsible for and the architects of our own success and failure.

mraynrand
12-31-2013, 05:33 PM
i've been hit on a few times by guys and i do take it as a complement

then i would go on to strike out with all the girls in the bar

At least you have something to fall back on

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 05:40 PM
Maybe Rodgers should do a Travis Henry and end all this speculation. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/12/sports/football/12henry.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Now what is that besides being very stupid.

Travis Henry is 'the NFL poster child' for repeatedly running into the same brick wall. The wall beckoning before him:

Hit me here with that head ... stupid.

Ohh wait.... that must be some good Ole American sarcasm.

Unhelpful BS.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 05:41 PM
At least you have something to fall back on

NO !

Can't you use that magnificent brain for something even approaching constructive?

Sorry 'Just excuse' that really dumb question. Ignore it. Your often off topic. So much centered on yourself.

I suspect you can't help that 'M'.

mraynrand
12-31-2013, 06:16 PM
Can't you use that magnificent brain for something even approaching constructive?

You would think so, wouldn't you? But if you did, you'd be wrong.

red
12-31-2013, 06:20 PM
hionestly, rand was responding to me. and i laughed my ass off at it because i thought the same thing he was saying

i got the joke

mraynrand
12-31-2013, 06:22 PM
hionestly, rand was responding to me. and i laughed my ass off at it because i thought the same thing he was saying

i got the joke

:) LOL

Joemailman
12-31-2013, 06:23 PM
Who pissed on Woody's cornflakes this morning?

red
12-31-2013, 06:24 PM
Who pissed on Woody's cornflakes this morning?

woody's probably smoking the angel dust again

pbmax
12-31-2013, 06:36 PM
Its not dispositive, but the well known NFL player flirting with coming out last summer was assumed to be Kerry Rhodes. The rumors eventually got around to identifying the player as a defender and the only player left after rudimentary process of elimination was Rhodes. Up to the point of the rumor, no one could understand why he wasn't signed.

The details of the arrangement are talked about (anonymously) here in great detail: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1831178-the-inside-story-of-how-the-nfls-plan-for-a-1st-openly-gay-player-fell-apart

Its worth noting that even at the time, the player was a Free Agent. And yes I just quoted a Bleacher Report story as authoritative which means the apocalypse is nigh. But I trust the writer was who trained elsewhere.

There were rumors, floated by Brendon Ayanbadejo, late of the Ravens that multiple players were considering coming out, but he backed off that portion of the story close to immediately.

So he certainly could be, but there is not much linking him with last summer's rumors except the assistant leaving, if that timing is correct.

MJZiggy
12-31-2013, 06:36 PM

i got the joke
It was pretty damned funny.

pbmax
12-31-2013, 06:41 PM

It would be the first week before the Super Bowl if he follows the Barnett-Finley template of successful media distraction.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 06:55 PM
woody's probably smoking the angel dust again

smoking Angel Dust. red that's not how some shit bag consumes such garbage.

Now you did bring back a good memory of a really decent song. I checked and low and behold there it was. I present that for your consumption:

Thanks for reminding me of that song and Happy New Year red.

Here's a really unique musical artist and well, many feel one of the finest all-time; Gil Scott Heron's performing Angel Dust (1978):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRQgviNNZEM

I hope it's enjoyable.

Patler
12-31-2013, 06:57 PM
May we examine this strictly focused on the original post of this thread:

Did Rodgers flirt with pro sports immortality last summer?

"Last summer it was reported that a high profile NFL player would come out as being gay. Now, stories are circulating that the player was Aaron Rodgers. (Reported girlfriend not withstanding.)" Patler

So what do we have besides what Aaron Rodgers former roommate ' Kevin Lanflisi ' reported with some emotion over and after his separation from Aaron Rodgers? He's been obviously bruised somehow. People who feel over emotional about such disruption in their lives often go to war with the person they once felt dedication for.

Could this simply be about that and really nothing else to merit this rumor?

I'll write this as a fact:

I really don't /wouldn't care one small bit if Aaron Rodgers is gay. That's his lifestyle and option of free choice. I'll also add that this subject is really not any of your or my interest in specific terms that it's 'just' Aaron Rodgers business.

Here we are and what do we do with it?

DO WE NEED A DISTRACTION and such a bullshit question.

DO WE SPECIFICALLY NEED such right this week? NOW!?

I think not.

Well, a clear fact in all this is that the story has received national attention, so much so that Rodgers found it necessary to address it directly on his radio show. That being the case, it is a legitimate subject for debate and discussion among NFL fans generally, and Packer fans specifically.

So no, it is not a "bullshit" question, it is a topic of national attention. If we were to ignore the controversy surrounding Rodgers, it will not make it go away. The subject will still be there. The distraction will still be there for the Packers. It will still be discussed in national circles. Whether we discuss it or not will not change that.

As I said earlier in this thread, I could not care less if he is or is not gay. That's isn't really the guts of this thread. The question is if he contemplated being one of those who would step forward to move the NFL out of its state of denial. As I stated earlier, this is a very important subject to a great many people, to whom a famous NFL'er "coming out" would be a watershed moment in the sport. Might Rodgers be that guy??

As for we, the fans, this week is not much different than any other week in season or not. Save for those going to the game or hosting parties, what is different about this week for us? The game requires no preparation for me, does it for you? The AR subject is not a distraction for us, it is simply a subject that has come up this week. That being the case, I see no harm in our discussing it.

I enjoy discussing all subjects related to the Packers. If it hits the national media, it impacts the team and players. If it impacts the team and players, a discussion on here is merited.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 07:18 PM
Well, a clear fact in all this is that the story has received national attention, so much so that Rodgers found it necessary to address it directly on his radio show. That being the case, it is a legitimate subject for debate and discussion among NFL fans generally, and Packer fans specifically.

So no, it is not a "bullshit" question, it is a topic of national attention. If we were to ignore the controversy surrounding Rodgers, it will not make it go away. The subject will still be there. The distraction will still be there for the Packers. It will still be discussed in national circles. Whether we discuss it or not will not change that.

As I said earlier in this thread, I could not care less if he is or is not gay. That's isn't really the guts of this thread. The question is if he contemplated being one of those who would step forward to move the NFL out of its state of denial. As I stated earlier, this is a very important subject to a great many people, to whom a famous NFL'er "coming out" would be a watershed moment in the sport. Might Rodgers be that guy??

As for we, the fans, this week is not much different than any other week in season or not. Save for those going to the game or hosting parties, what is different about this week for us? The game requires no preparation for me, does it for you? The AR subject is not a distraction for us, it is simply a subject that has come up this week. That being the case, I see no harm in our discussing it.

I enjoy discussing all subjects related to the Packers. If it hits the national media, it impacts the team and players. If it impacts the team and players, a discussion on here is merited.

Patler I say why now? ... because that shit on Aaron Rodgers has been going down on him for a long time man.

I mean this isn't exactly this weeks news. I've been aware of this for a substantial period of time. Don't you and some more here have your eyes open?

I reiterate this. What does it matter anyway? Especially that and now!?

If Aaron Rodgers is GAY or not it's not a matter of any serious question and what's the TRUTH.

Aaron Rodgers position is clearly this:

He isn't gay. Goodbye on that nonsense. He's gone public and he's NOT Gay.

End of story. It's that easy. :-)

Anything even approaching an inquiry into that certainly might suppose that Aaron Rodgers is a lier.

I have no reason to suspect that's the case. If you believe Aaron Rodgers, Patler?

Why does it then need to be discussed on a Packer forum during a very important week for the team we support? That's exactly the distraction that Aaron Rodgers is acting to avoid. To steer away from the proper attention he and the Packers deserves. As Packer fans all we need to do is focus on support for what Aaron Rodgers has volunteered as the TRUTH and leave it simply ...there.

Anything more than that might be just the sort of bad karma that could kill the Packers chances Vs the San Fran 49ers this Sunday.

I'm sensitive to that as I believe our team needs all of ...100% of the entire support we as Packer fans need provide. Not digging into some silly low life titillation non story.

Patler it's a non story and Aaron Rodgers.

See FA Safety Kerry Rhodes please.

GO PACKERS....GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 07:48 PM
It was pretty damned funny.

'Of course' you could relate to the dark humor in that. ;-)

MJZiggy
12-31-2013, 07:54 PM
I don't give a flying rip. The rumors flew, Rodgers responded, end of this story. The story of someone eventually coming out I think would be less about the athlete coming out and more about the response from his team behind closed locker room doors. However we're not privy to the content of those conversations. While everyone will probably say the PC thing in front of the cameras, it may be quite a different story once the bright lights are out as there are still some who won't readily accept a gay teammate particularly in a locker room. This is likely precisely why no current player has made that leap.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 07:58 PM
I don't give a flying rip. The rumors flew, Rodgers responded, end of this story. The story of someone eventually coming out I think would be less about the athlete coming out and more about the response from his team behind closed locker room doors. However we're not privy to the content of those conversations. While everyone will probably say the PC thing in front of the cameras, it may be quite a different story once the bright lights are out as there are still some who won't readily accept a gay teammate particularly in a locker room. This is likely precisely why no current player has made that leap.

See Kerry Rhodes.

Where is that once acclaimed Safety playing?

This sort of thing. This thread will 'only reveal' what I already claim is a NON story.

Any discussion of this except with full support for Aaron Rodgers is bogus turning on clearly dangerous and entirely disrespectful of that man's position.

Aaron Rodgers has told Packer Nation that he isn't GAY.

Let it go .....it's a dead end.

MJZiggy
12-31-2013, 08:14 PM
See Kerry Rhodes.

This sort of thing. This thread will 'only reveal' what I already claim is a NON story.

Any discussion of this except with full support for Aaron Rodgers is bogus turning on clearly dangerous and entirely disrespectful of that man's position.

I don't care if Kerry Rhodes is gay either. Or anyone else for that matter (except maybe for the lesbian who hit on me in the bathroom in 1993, but that didn't matter much either as I'm not gay. I'm sure she found a wonderful woman to spend her life with, and come to think of it, B would have drooled over her for a good week...).

bobblehead
12-31-2013, 08:14 PM

I'm not shocked if he is gay....but I thought he was taller.

red
12-31-2013, 08:16 PM
yeah, lets all blame patler for bringing this story up from out of nowhere, because we all know if we didn't talk about it, it wouldn't have ever come up

BTW, heres the main headline story on yahoo right now

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/packers-quarterback-aaron-rodgers-says-not-gay-really-231000585--nfl.html

guess yahoo gets their idea for stories from reading packer rats

bobblehead
12-31-2013, 08:17 PM
Don't sweat it....I am okay if they hate him for being gay :shock:

red
12-31-2013, 08:17 PM
and why is a-rod probably not gay?

because he gets to tap this

http://www.splashnewsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/spl261508_008-wm900.jpg

MJZiggy
12-31-2013, 08:19 PM
yeah, lets all blame patler for bringing this story up from out of nowhere, because we all know if we didn't talk about it, it wouldn't have ever come up

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/packers-quarterback-aaron-rodgers-says-not-gay-really-231000585--nfl.html

guess yahoo gets their idea for stories from reading packer ratsYou can tell yahoo I don't give a yahoo as well.

bobblehead
12-31-2013, 08:20 PM
Jim Souhan ‏@SouhanStrib 8m
@mikefreemanNFL Aikman went through the same thing in Dallas. Was just as ridiculous then.

Shit....now I am starting to believe that ARod IS gay....not that there's anything wrong with that.

bobblehead
12-31-2013, 08:27 PM
See Kerry Rhodes.

Wait...its a gay SAFETY that no one wants to sign. Fuck it, sign him up. I don't care what his reason is for chasing down grown men and tackling them, as long as he does it better than our excuses for safeties.

red
12-31-2013, 08:39 PM
Wait...its a gay SAFETY that no one wants to sign. Fuck it, sign him up. I don't care what his reason is for chasing down grown men and tackling them, as long as he does it better than our excuses for safeties.

no shit, is he better then md jennings?

sign him up

red
12-31-2013, 08:39 PM
oh fuck tying to post a video clip on here

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 08:46 PM

guess yahoo gets their idea for stories from reading packer rats

I post a lot of threads here. I've been aware of this buzz and Aaron Rodgers being suspected as GAY for some extended time period.

I didn't feel any need to post such on this forum.

It's not my position to deem that Patler errored in establishing this thread. There is no such thing on Packerrats except to get into anything political, as I understand it there is a place for that in FYI. Also some mode of recognition and respect must be afforded 'the Ladies' in terms of posting anything deemed leud. :jig:

Patler is a member that I certainly need not struggle to respect here. :-D

I respect Patler for his total contribution to this forum.

I'm not always going to agree with him. I may debate Patler and from that I trust we both may learn something new from such exchange.

My position and Aaron Rodgers sexuality is clearly posted.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 08:48 PM

No kidding.

Can't TT for any reason touch that?

red
12-31-2013, 08:54 PM
sexuality is not political

politics have tried to turn it into a political issue

but no one in this thread has tried to turn this into a political issue, or a religious one

no one has said being gay is immoral, no one is saying that he's going to hell if he is gay. no one is saying he should be gay because being gay is the best thing ever

we're discussing a national topic about our QB, we're not siting here debating the pros and cons, or talking about gay rights and all that shit

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 09:00 PM

but no one in this thread has tried to turn this into a political issue, or a religious one

no one has said being gay is immoral, no one is saying that he's going to hell if he is gay. no one is saying he should be gay because being gay is the best thing ever

we're discussing a national topic about our QB, we're not siting here debating the pros and cons, or talking about gay rights and all that shit

Aaron Rodgers isn't gay.

End of story.

MJZiggy
12-31-2013, 09:08 PM

I still don't give a shit, but if you want to get all political about it, it's also none of my business who any NFL player sleeps with. There. I said it.

red
12-31-2013, 09:13 PM
all we know is that no nfl players are plowing ziggy

thats what i took from her response

Rastak
12-31-2013, 09:15 PM
Aaron Rodgers isn't gay.

End of story.

You sound cock sure about that.

Rastak
12-31-2013, 09:18 PM
FYI - I agree with Zig and others - who cares......the only big thing would be the historical significance which as someone else pointed out would probably benefit alot of folk were it true. Nobody is running him out of the league because of it. Period. Assuming it turns out to be true. Who knows or should care.

red
12-31-2013, 09:19 PM
as this should be good

the guy who's team wears dark pink uniforms is here to tell us who's gay and who's straight

Rastak
12-31-2013, 09:22 PM
as this should be good

the guy who's team wears dark pink uniforms is here to tell us who's gay and who's straight

All I know the Vikings signed a Packer Ezra Tuaolo and we know how that turned out.

Red, cool it...kidding, all is good. The dude is what he is, straight....not....doesn't matter.

I'm just glad my keyboard works after my cat just dumped a whole Summit Pale Ale on it.

MJZiggy
12-31-2013, 09:29 PM
FYI - I agree with Zig and others - who cares......the only big thing would be the historical significance which as someone else pointed out would probably benefit alot of folk were it true. Nobody is running him out of the league because of it. Period. Assuming it turns out to be true. Who knows or should care.

Good to see you stopped in at your "other home" this evening. And red's right. No NFL players are currently tapping this fine ass. There's definitely something wrong here. Sigh.

Rastak
12-31-2013, 09:31 PM
Good to see you stopped in at your "other home" this evening. And red's right. No NFL players are currently tapping this fine ass. There's definitely something wrong here. Sigh.

Again, nobody's business but his. I have absolutely no idea. I guess I'll bow out since there's really nothing here to discuss.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 09:43 PM
I still don't give a shit, but if you want to get all political about it, it's also none of my business who any NFL player sleeps with. There. I said it.

Your position is yours ... no right nor no wrong!

That position cannot be challenged and thus this is a non story.

A poll on this might be interpreted to declare that Aaron Rodgers isn't being honest or in that poll 50% believe that he's gay.

The results of that poll tell me that about 50% of those that responded to that poll are misinformed. Their out to lunch ignorant of Aaron Rodgers and his official announcement and his sexuality.

I deem that too much information. It's not necessary Aaron. Your shit is yours man.

I'm rethinking this now and the ? I've asked myself is:

Why did Aaron Rodgers feel any need to bring this..."I'm not gay"; before a surprized or somewhat stunned Jason Wilde right now? Today!? Who might know? I certainly don't. Jason Wilde was caught off guard. He just spun that out there without Jason Wilde having any idea it was going to be covered.

Heck Aaron Rodgers does more than photo bomb. He can drop bombs. He's like former TV personality Regis Philbin...

"He's outtaaaa conntrrrolll !!"

As much as .... a here it is !

Is that pertinent to anything? Not really as I view it.

Aaron might be deemed a spontaneous guy. I interpret that as simply... not boring.

Good for Aaron Rodgers. ;-)

Too many heterosexual guys are boring. Ask any gal that has a gay male friend. Their usually a hoot. Very very hilarious companions. You screem with laughter around those 'just' people a lot of the time.

GO Aaron GO !

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 09:47 PM
You sound cock sure about that.

That's what Aaron Rodgers said. That's all I've got. :wait:

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 09:50 PM

again :wait:

channtheman
12-31-2013, 10:37 PM
This thread....

...only on packerrats.

channtheman
12-31-2013, 10:38 PM

Are you insinuating that Rodgers has periods because of the fact that he's gay?

:P

Rodgers12
12-31-2013, 10:41 PM
Aaron Rodgers isn't gay.

He's not? If I have Rodgers' money and fame, I'd probably be gay.

In British English, gay is happy and fag is cigarette.

Example: In my gay youth, I smoked many a-fag a day. Now that I am older and balder, I no longer smoke fags. If I knew then what I know now about 2nd hand smoke, I would've smoked Mary Jane instead of fags.

On a serious note, I can't wait to see the look on Ted Thompson's face when a reporter, say, Wes Hodkiewicz, asks Thompson about this G-issue. :)

MJZiggy
12-31-2013, 10:55 PM
Are you insinuating that Rodgers has periods because of the fact that he's gay?

:P

If Rodgers had periods and liked men, that would make him straight, no?

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 11:35 PM
If Rodgers had periods and liked men, that would make him straight, no?

By Georgina...wait a second till I consult with.....ahh...there it is...mmmm

ahh yes...Masters and ....ahem... Johnson...mmmm.. .let's see... ahhh yes...your ... yes ! yes !! ... your correct !!!

MadtownPacker
12-31-2013, 11:41 PM
It's obvious who spread this rumor....

TED THOMPSON!! Think about it, who would benefit most from a pissed off ARod at playoff time? Rodgers plays it cool but you know he be getting pissed about shit!!

Fucking genius and none of you pole smokers will ever know. :lol:

channtheman
12-31-2013, 11:57 PM
Upon further review, Aaron Rodgers is gay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq_rX2EC46U

Patler
01-01-2014, 03:02 AM
I post a lot of threads here. I've been aware of this buzz and Aaron Rodgers being suspected as GAY for some extended time period.

I didn't feel any need to post such on this forum.

It's not my position to deem that Patler errored in establishing this thread. There is no such thing on Packerrats except to get into anything political, as I understand it there is a place for that in FYI. Also some mode of recognition and respect must be afforded 'the Ladies' in terms of posting anything deemed leud. :jig:

Patler is a member that I certainly need not struggle to respect here. :-D

I respect Patler for his total contribution to this forum.

I'm not always going to agree with him. I may debate Patler and from that I trust we both may learn something new from such exchange.

My position and Aaron Rodgers sexuality is clearly posted.

Are you under the belief that I am just hearing the rumors about Rodgers for the first time? Are you assuming I started this thread to debate whether or not Rodgers actually is gay? Do you think I care one iota whether Rodgers is gay or not?

The rumors about Rodgers' sexuality have been around several years, and I believe have been mentioned on here before at about the time the existence of his girlfriend (fiancee?) was discussed.

This thread is really just an expansion of the thread you started only a little more than a month ago:

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?26173-The-Inside-Story-of-How-the-NFL-s-Plan-for-Its-1st-Openly-Gay-Player-Fell-Apart

I started this thread because a national story came out on Monday with inferences about the Rodgers/Lanflisi relationship. That story was being discussed on other Packer websites, not to debate whether or not Rodgers is gay, but to discuss the story, the timing of the story and what impact it might have on the Packers preparation for the 49ers.

Rodgers' denial will not end the discussion, that will take time and it may not ever disappear complete as long as he remains single (just as it hasn't ended even for Aikman).

Why did you think the topic was legitimate a month ago, but not now when some see a possible link to Rodgers?

packrulz
01-01-2014, 05:53 AM
ARod isn't gay, but he is picky. Pretty slim pickin's here is WI. Moooo.

bobblehead
01-01-2014, 08:56 AM
I still think the story of a gay FA safety is very much a story for packerrats though.

Pugger
01-01-2014, 09:07 AM

I find it repugnant that these rumors begin in the first place. What, a nice looking famous person is 30 and still single so the reason MUST be because he/she is gay? It was a shame Aaron had to address it in the first place. :-?

pbmax
01-01-2014, 09:18 AM
This thread....

...only on packerrats.

And Black Sports Online, they'll cover anything over there. I think that's where Moob went. :lol:

pbmax
01-01-2014, 09:21 AM
I still think the story of a gay FA safety is very much a story for packerrats though.

Yep. If ever a semi-free market matched up a seller and buyer better, I don't remember it. If the GM was anyone but Ted, I would assume the Packers were one of the teams under discussion.

pbmax
01-01-2014, 09:28 AM
I find it repugnant that these rumors begin in the first place. What, a nice looking famous person is 30 and still single so the reason MUST be because he/she is gay? It was a shame Aaron had to address it in the first place. :-?

Its a very common trope, the gay athletic icon. And that kind of rumor predates Aikman and Young in the NFL. I have also heard it about Favre, McNabb and Brady.

Its the product of wishful thinking between fans of other teams, publishers/writers and a group of people looking for a barrier to fall.

Fritz
01-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Yep. If ever a semi-free market matched up a seller and buyer better, I don't remember it. If the GM was anyone but Ted, I would assume the Packers were one of the teams under discussion.

If a guy can play the game, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of Packerrats don't care about his sexuality. We've been starving for a real safety ever since Nick Collins got hurt, and if TT signed a guy who could really, really play, no one here would give a shit about his personal life. Hell, we've embraced thugs and wife beaters in this forum before, so who would care about someone's sexuality?

And besides that, there is also the potential for great fun in the game-day commentary. Imagine.

"Boy, he really drilled that dude!"

"Yeah, he just creamed him."

"Man, he's a real head hunter."

"Nice sack!"

pbmax
01-01-2014, 09:32 AM
If a guy can play the game, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of Packerrats don't care about his sexuality. We've been starving for a real safety ever since Nick Collins got hurt, and if TT signed a guy who could really, really play, no one here would give a shit about his personal life. Hell, we've embraced thugs and wife beaters in this forum before, so who would care about someone's sexuality?

And besides that, there is also the potential for great fun in the game-day commentary. Imagine.

"Boy, he really drilled that dude!"

"Yeah, he just creamed him."

"Man, he's a real head hunter."

"Nice sack!"

He is not Collins or Reed in his prime, but he was more than just serviceable. No idea how he fits in Capers scheme. He has been a couple of places, but usually productive. I have not seen him play all that much.

King Friday
01-01-2014, 09:49 AM
The guy has his hands up a guy's ass every Sunday. Of course he's gay.

woodbuck27
01-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Are you under the belief that I am just hearing the rumors about Rodgers for the first time? Are you assuming I started this thread to debate whether or not Rodgers actually is gay? Do you think I care one iota whether Rodgers is gay or not?

The rumors about Rodgers' sexuality have been around several years, and I believe have been mentioned on here before at about the time the existence of his girlfriend (fiancee?) was discussed.

This thread is really just an expansion of the thread you started only a little more than a month ago:

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?26173-The-Inside-Story-of-How-the-NFL-s-Plan-for-Its-1st-Openly-Gay-Player-Fell-Apart

I started this thread because a national story came out on Monday with inferences about the Rodgers/Lanflisi relationship. That story was being discussed on other Packer websites, not to debate whether or not Rodgers is gay, but to discuss the story, the timing of the story and what impact it might have on the Packers preparation for the 49ers.

Rodgers' denial will not end the discussion, that will take time and it may not ever disappear complete as long as he remains single (just as it hasn't ended even for Aikman).

Why did you think the topic was legitimate a month ago, but not now when some see a possible link to Rodgers?

Hi Patler:

"Are you under the belief that I am just hearing the rumors about Rodgers for the first time?" Patler

I had no idea what you knew, specific to Aaron Rodgers and his choice of sexuality, Patler.

" Rodgers' denial will not end the discussion, that will take time and it may not ever disappear complete as long as he remains single (just as it hasn't ended even for Aikman)." Patler

That's your opinion and would clash with mine Patler. Why?

Your thread is specific to the Packers star player Aaron Rodgers. The clear MVP of the Green Bay Packers .

A man that has declared, 'for whatever need is his business', that he's NOT Gay. That in fact he really realy likes woman...*** not girls He's an adult male and Aaron Rodgers "really really likes women".

*** I hope at Packerrats we are clear on that much. Before some other 'shit' hits the proverbial fan.

That's it then any focus on this and Aaron Rodgers is a harbour of exactly what Aaron Rodgers and I would expect the Green Bay Packers do not want as any distraction at this time. Look at the size of this thread and as long as it's up and going; which is entirely cool. I'll post my reactions to it as any member at Packerrats is free to do.

Packerrats is like Canada.

Open and free or strong / intelligent in it's approach of discussion and understanding many things. I hope that's obvious to the membership as a whole.

Patler:

Did you do a read over of that thread I posted ...your LINK?

That thread was broadly focused on a specific event /non-event. Something that was to be historic going to fizzle.

That was somewhat a discussion on the matter of FA Kerry Rhodes and 3-Time Pro Bowl player and former Baltimore Raven Brendon Ayanbadejo and positions they held RE: Free choice in terms of 'loving relationships' or basic human rights.

The main focus was that a high profile NFL Gay player [ player(s) !? ] was/were planning to come out of the closet together with the support of the NFL team that player / player (s?) was signed to.

Just as that historic event was about to go down ... it collapsed.

I thought that this was alarming and started a thread to see how Packerrats felt about this story written by award-winning sportswriter Mike Freeman; the author of the fascinating and insightful book 'Bloody Sundays'. Have you read it Patler? It's an interesting read.

My thread had all of 22 posts on it ...23 now.

That thread was basically ignored by the majority share posters at Packerrats. Canadian posters the exception. ;-)

That thread focused primarily on the topic and questions. A Gay NFL player (s) coming out openly as being Gay and supported as such by team (s).

Why didn't any of the reported team's and players actually come out? "A player was going to publicly say he was gay with the full knowledge and support of his sexuality by his NFL team." Then it was revealed that there was the possibility of more players than 'one' declaring his sexuality as Gay. Those players being openly supportive of his sexuality. That possibility of multiple players coming out was recanted.

"Gay-rights advocate and former Baltimore Raven Brendon Ayanbadejo said in April that he believed several gay players might come out.

Ayanbadejo later backed away RE: number of players yet stood by his statement that a gay player would soon emerge onto the NFL stage."

My thread on this matter:

Includes viewpoints centered on anything from 'who gives a shit', which psychologists would say often means....; to who cares in these times or "why's that an issue" ?

My thread hardly gets to the core issue and any overall opinion from the membership. You and pbmax participated but the thread is dominated by a Canadian participation. Maybe because the topic is outside any Green Bay Packer team focus!?

Maybe because some Packerrats ...simply "don't give a shit"? That's an Uhh!? with me.

Remarkably to me that coarse or rather distainful response ! What reason for such response behooves me; yet it takes all kinds to round out this world. I lean on the fair side, and chalk that up to simple ignorance. May ignorance not ever be excused? :idea:

Zool
01-01-2014, 10:38 AM
My only issue is the pic of AR a couple pages back. He's getting a little doughy around the mid section. Let's start doing some more core work Aaron.

Joemailman
01-01-2014, 10:44 AM
no shit, is he better then md jennings?

sign him up

You're setting the bar way too low there.

pbmax
01-01-2014, 10:49 AM
My only issue is the pic of AR a couple pages back. He's getting a little doughy around the mid section. Let's start doing some more core work Aaron.

I saw a pic of Manning not too long ago and he kinda had the same thing going, maybe SNL?. QBs must not have strict weight limits to watch. Rothliesberger looks like someone's 40 year old Dad.

woodbuck27
01-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Upon further review, Aaron Rodgers is gay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq_rX2EC46U

Ohh!? Does he dress up as a poolicemaan ...often?

What's the name of that band? I like that video the way the band ROCKS !

Some 'suppa cool' dancers there but it's all in balance and thatssaanice .

I'm like Aaron Rodgers 'with a twist'. I really really like ' a woman '. I don't have his arm, now ... yet I'm not dead and my eyes really liked that (lead/rhythm guitar (RHS) in this band. She threw a jolting strike into my psyche.

woodbuck27
01-01-2014, 10:55 AM

I agree...Memo Ted Thompson.

If Kerry Rhodes can still walk bring that cat in for a look.

Ted's 'da man ferrr dat' ... so please ... get errrr done Teddy.

Call Kerry Rhodes agent. You must.... get his number....on a Packer jersey and in a Green Bay... closet or... locker.

woodbuck27
01-01-2014, 11:13 AM

He certainly didn't have to address it Pugger. In doing so he cast himself to all the fricken' boo boo birds that can't really draw on any sensible thought (s).

He simply needs another friend to help him with sound advice. The former fella that he lived with, has been rejected for some reason, that's not anyone's business by Aaron Rodgers.

Aaron must have felt some stress/pressure to make such a statement about a non issue. If I was Aaron's friend (his Bud) I'd have advised him never to go there, as he did on the Jason Wilde show.

If Jason Wilde allowed him to go there with any pre knowledge of this meaningless sensationalized baloney. Jason Wilde, in my view, made an error allowing Aaron to do so. It's my position if he had pre-knowledge and simply staged his ignorance of Aaron's dismissal of all the 'he's gay rumors'. Jason Wilde isn't Aaron's friend in terms of his best interests.

In such a case... Jason Wilde had his own best interests in place in terms of ratings. Only Jason Wilde and Aaron Rodgers know the TRUTH and that.

Now re-focusing this on Aaron Rodgers:

It's because he felt that need that we're here now. That's the truly sad result of Aaron Rodgers and no truly intelligent friend (s) that could influence him properly.

If Aaron Rodgers had just one such a friend. This thread wouldn't exist today.

Patler
01-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Hi Patler:

" Rodgers' denial will not end the discussion, that will take time and it may not ever disappear complete as long as he remains single (just as it hasn't ended even for Aikman)." Patler

That's your opinion and would clash with mine Patler. Why?

Happy New year Woodbuck! For us "more experienced" Packer fans, it's always good to be around for another year!

Why won't Rodgers' denial end the debate? Lots of reasons, but mostly because human nature won't let it. The media panders to those who want to believe these types of rumors, and many people assume a famous person in this situation will avoid the truth anyway. They will continue to believe whatever they want to believe, regardless of Rodgers' denials. The rumor hung with Aikman until he married, and even then some suggested it was a marriage for show. His later divorce fed their beliefs.

Your thread is specific to the Packers star player Aaron Rodgers. The clear MVP of the Green Bay Packers .

A man that has declared, 'for whatever need is his business', that he's NOT Gay. That in fact he really realy likes woman...*** not girls He's an adult male and Aaron Rodgers "really really likes women".

*** I hope at Packerrats we are clear on that much. Before some other 'shit' hits the proverbial fan.

That's it then any focus on this and Aaron Rodgers is a harbour of exactly what Aaron Rodgers and I would expect the green bay Packers do not want as any distraction at this time. Look at the size of this thread and as long as it's up and going; which is entirely cool. I'll post my reactions to it as any member at Packerrats is free to do.

My thread was specific to a story already circulating in the national media that tied Rodger to that situation. I did not make the connection, it was already made by others. I simply brought an existing topic up for discussion.

The distraction for Rodgers and the Packers is already there. Neither I nor our discussion on this thread created it, and we can not make it go away either.

AR's history of responding to the negative things in his life may make this distraction a good thing for the Packers.

Patler:

Did you do a read over of that thread I posted ...your LINK?

That thread was broadly focused on a specific event /non-event. Something that was to be historic going to fizzle.

That was somewhat a discussion on the matter of FA Kerry Rhodes and 3-Time Pro Bowl player and former Baltimore Raven Brendon Ayanbadejo and positions they held RE: Free choice in terms of 'loving relationships' or basic human rights.

The main focus was that a high profile NFL Gay player [ player(s) !? ] was/were planning to come out of the closet together with the support of the NFL team that player / player (s?) was signed to.

Just as that historic event was about to go down ... it collapsed.

I thought that this was alarming and started a thread to see how Packerrats felt about this story written by award-winning sportswriter Mike Freeman; the author of the fascinating and insightful book 'Bloody Sundays'. Have you read it Patler? It's an interesting read.

My thread had all of 22 posts on it ...23 now.

That thread was basically ignored by the majority share posters at Packerrats. Canadian posters the exception. ;-)

That thread focused primarily on the topic and questions. A Gay NFL player (s) coming out openly as being Gay and supported as such by team (s).

Why didn't any of the reported team's and players actually come out? "A player was going to publicly say he was gay with the full knowledge and support of his sexuality by his NFL team." Then it was revealed that there was the possibility of more players than 'one' declaring his sexuality as Gay. Those players being openly supportive of his sexuality. That possibility of multiple players coming out was recanted.

"Gay-rights advocate and former Baltimore Raven Brendon Ayanbadejo said in April that he believed several gay players might come out.

Ayanbadejo later backed away RE: number of players yet stood by his statement that a gay player would soon emerge onto the NFL stage."

My thread on this matter:

Includes viewpoints centered on anything from 'who gives a shit', which psychologists would say often means....; to who cares in these times or "why's that an issue" ?

My thread hardly gets to the core issue and any overall opinion from the membership. You and pbmax participated but the thread is dominated by a Canadian participation. Maybe because the topic is outside any Green Bay Packer team focus!?

Maybe because some Packerrats ...simply "don't give a shit"? That's an Uhh!? with me.

Remarkably to me that coarse or rather distainful response ! What reason for such response behooves me; yet it takes all kinds to round out this world. I lean on the fair side, and chalk that up to simple ignorance. May ignorance not ever be excused? :idea:

...and this thread simply brings up that some are suggesting Rodgers may have been involved in that non-event.

Patler
01-01-2014, 11:41 AM
He certainly didn't have to address it Pugger. In doing so he cast himself to all the fricken' boo boo birds that can't really draw on any sensible thought (s).

He simply needs another friend to help him with sound advice. The former fella that he lived with, has been rejected for some reason, that's not anyone's business by Aaron Rodgers.

Aaron must have felt some stress/pressure to make such a statement about a non issue. If I was Aaron's friend (his Bud) I'd have advised him never to go there, as he did on the Jason Wilde show.

If Jason Wilde allowed him to go there with any pre knowledge of this meaningless sensationalized baloney. Jason Wilde, in my view, made an error allowing Aaron to do so. It's my position if he had pre-knowledge and simply staged his ignorance of Aaron's dismissal of all the 'he's gay rumors'. Jason Wilde isn't Aaron's friend in terms of his best interests.

In such a case... Jason Wilde had his own best interests in place in terms of ratings. Only Jason Wilde and Aaron Rodgers know the TRUTH and that.

Now re-focusing this on Aaron Rodgers:

It's because he felt that need that we're here now. That's the truly sad result of Aaron Rodgers and no truly intelligent friend (s) that could influence him properly.

If Aaron Rodgers had just one such a friend. This thread wouldn't exist today.

Unfortunately, these types of situations always become ones of "damned if you do, and damned if you don't" respond.
It was really a no-win situation for AR, regardless; but I can certainly sympathize with his personal compulsion to respond.

woodbuck27
01-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Happy New year Woodbuck! For us "more experienced" Packer fans, it's always good to be around for another year!

Why won't Rodgers' denial end the debate? Lots of reasons, but mostly because human nature won't let it. The media panders to those who want to believe these types of rumors, and many people assume a famous person in this situation will avoid the truth anyway. They will continue to believe whatever they want to believe, regardless of Rodgers' denials. The rumor hung with Aikman until he married, and even then some suggested it was a marriage for show. His later divorce fed their beliefs.

My thread was specific to a story already circulating in the national media that tied Rodger to that situation. I did not make the connection, it was already made by others. I simply brought an existing topic up for discussion.

The distraction for Rodgers and the Packers is already there. Neither I nor our discussion on this thread created it, and we can not make it go away either.

AR's history of responding to the negative things in his life may make this distraction a good thing for the Packers.

...and this thread simply brings up that some are suggesting Rodgers may have been involved in that non-event.

HAPPY NEW YEAR my Packerrat Friend. :-D

ALL the Very most for you and those you so love.

I'm coming back to this. I have to help Mae start a ham supper.

Later Patler.

mraynrand
01-01-2014, 01:11 PM
I really, really, really like Woodbuck.

woodbuck27
01-01-2014, 01:19 PM
I really, really, really like Woodbuck.

Yes and we're close here in some ways. :-D

woodbuck27
01-01-2014, 02:02 PM
Responding to post #124:

** " Why won't Rodgers' denial end the debate? Lots of reasons, but mostly because human nature won't let it. The media panders to those who want to believe these types of rumors, and many people assume a famous person in this situation will avoid the truth anyway. They will continue to believe whatever they want to believe, regardless of Rodgers' denials. The rumor hung with Aikman until he married, and even then some suggested it was a marriage for show. His later divorce fed their beliefs. " Patler

Isn't that very sad? and just the way as people will go and test our frustration level and if they are/remain ignorant. Those of us on the other side must be tolerant. It's against the Law to kick their ass's.

** " My thread was specific to a story already circulating in the national media that tied Rodger to that situation. I did not make the connection, it was already made by others. I simply brought an existing topic up for discussion.

AR's history of responding to the negative things in his life may make this distraction a good thing for the Packers. ..." Patler

Yes Patler and what a miserable time for this to spring up it's ugly head in terms of so many in a general population that don't get it right. I have to admit 'clear shock' that it landed with both feet firmly planted on Packerrats at this time when we as fans need a special focus.

As a Packer fan and admirer of Aaron Rodgers I'm stuck on today and his statement on the Jason Wilde show that I feel was a negative focusing on the question of privacy and Aaron Rodgers. This release of his somehow need to defend his sexual preference is contradictory to where he has come from. Aaron Rodgers has let out of his bag as he felt that need. In so doing it's my position that he's sold out himself.

Maybe he did act thinking of the best interests of the organization but if that was the case I feel that was an error. He needs to always simply act for himself. His Packer player and personal life as he try's to maintain that, should be kept separate. Always and consistently 'just that'.

Someone posted that it's all over the internet. Being discussesed on several Packer Team site forums. That doesn't affect me. I'm a loyal member of Packerrats. I'm big on 'total all in support' for the Green Bay Packers in relation to positive / good karma and nothing upsetting that apple cart.

It's the right feeling I believe in as simply logical and being a Packer fan.

** "...and this thread simply brings up that some are suggesting Rodgers may have been involved in that non-event. " Patler

If he was why does that matter? If he was that would be by personal choice. Why would Aaron Rodgers get involved in that 'coming out revelation' that wasn't. If he's not a primary figure nor benefactor of such *** ?

*** Aaron Rodgers informs us for some reason (his) yesterday or on Dec. 31,2013 that he's NOT gay on the Co-Hosted Jason Wilde Show.

GO PACKERS ...GO PACK GO !

mraynrand
01-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Aaron Rodgers has let out of his bag as he felt that need.

ouch

mraynrand
01-01-2014, 02:07 PM
...at this time when we as fans need a special focus.

why do fans need a special focus?

mraynrand
01-01-2014, 02:12 PM
Maybe he did act thinking of the best interests of the organization....He needs to always simply act for himself. His Packer player and personal life as he try's to maintain that, should be kept separate. Always and consistently 'just that'.

What if he thinks acting simply for himself involves acting in the best interests of the Packers. What if he thinks acting simply for himself involves not keeping the Packers and his private life separate. Perhaps you don't know what's best for him or the organization, and you certainly don't know what Rodgers thinks is best for the organization. But you probably will claim you do, even as you deny it.

Infamous
01-01-2014, 06:03 PM
i KNEW it..!

Infamous
01-01-2014, 06:05 PM
I agree...Memo Ted Thompson.

If Kerry Rhodes can still walk bring that cat in for a look.

Ted's 'da man ferrr dat' ... so please ... get errrr done Teddy.

Call Kerry Rhodes agent. You must.... get his number....on a Packer jersey and in a Green Bay... closet or... locker.

lol

HarveyWallbangers
01-01-2014, 06:53 PM

Since we need a safety, does this prove TT is not gay? You'd think if he was, then he'd sign this guy up immediately, right?

woodbuck27
01-01-2014, 06:58 PM
why do fans need a special focus?

Are you not keeping up? Are you a new NFL or Packer fan?

http://www.packers.com/gameday/schedule.html

What's going on Sunday 5 Jan. 2014 3:40 PM CST? **

Please try to focus on this Aaron Rodgers need to declare his sexuality as herosexual six days before the biggest game of this season.

** More info: Go to >>> Official 49er Playoff Week Discussion Thread.

denverYooper
01-01-2014, 07:20 PM
My wife declared me a herosexual last night.

woodbuck27
01-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Since we need a safety, does this prove TT is not gay? You'd think if he was, then he'd sign this guy up immediately, right?

Where are you going with this Harvey? I'll bale you out here. :grin:

"Since we need a safety, does this prove TT is not gay?" HarveyWallbangers

a) Ted Thomson Gay or not isn't any of our business.

b) Ted Thompson being Gay or not; has no bearing on his willingness or not (his competency or determined success or not) to acquire a competent safety to bolster the Packers defense.

" You'd think if he was ( woodbuck27's Edit: implying that if TT was Gay) , then he'd sign this guy up immediately, right?" HarveyWallbangers

Is that a serious post HarveyWallbangers? Maybe your merely playing head games? Maybe that's your manner of humor? Maybe you are serious?

Do you see how stupid this whole thing is becoming? It's making the members of this forum...behave somewhat (is this fair?) weirdly.

c) Is it your position that a valid reason for TT not attempting or not signing up FA S Kerry Rhodes is that Ted Thompson is heterosexual?

d) Now substitute the word heterosexual in the sentence above with the word homosexual... Thanks.

Such a position would be invalid based on Ted Thompson's or anyone else's sexual preference.

To base Ted Thompson's competency in regards to acquiring a known NFL talent or any prospect or known NFL talent, for any position on the team (not just at the safety position):

Based on Ted Thompson's or that new hire's sexual preference, is invalid.

Such would imply a prejudice on behalf of Ted Thompson, based in a man's sexuality, and if that's the case a discriminatory act.

See a) above.

Joemailman
01-01-2014, 07:41 PM

Is that a misspelling, or did you give a heroic effort?

woodbuck27
01-01-2014, 07:42 PM

Too much information. :-P

That's really funny.

denverYooper
01-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Is that a misspelling, or did you give a heroic effort?

It was related to post 136. The spelling was intentional.

KYPack
01-01-2014, 07:55 PM
That shit was funny before your explanation, Yoop.

woodbuck27
01-01-2014, 08:10 PM
It was related to post 136. The spelling was intentional.

So was mine.

This is so crazy it's 'time to play'. :mrgreen:

At one time most of us MEN might have been deemed Herosexual. Some women too. I try never to discriminate.

Now all I get is verrry good in bed.

I seldom bother her.

pbmax
01-01-2014, 09:04 PM
That shit was funny before your explanation, Yoop.

I don't know, I think they should use Woody's coinage as a pre game chant.

Infamous
01-02-2014, 06:59 AM
I would jus be OH SO PROUD if he comes out ala Jason Collins on Oprah network

woodbuck27
01-02-2014, 07:08 AM
I would jus be OH SO PROUD if he comes out ala Jason Collins on Oprah network

NO ... No No !

Ellen has exclusive 'Talk' show rights on Aaron.

Ellen knows .... that 'Aarons the MAN' !

Aaron's the NEW Herosexual. The embodiment of true macho manhood.

gbpackfan
01-02-2014, 09:59 PM
My Dr. touched my penis today. It didn't move. I passed the test!!!