PDA

View Full Version : Official 2014 Fire Slocum! Thread

Joemailman
01-01-2014, 10:25 AM
Because it's never too early to want Slocum fired!

pbmax
01-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Seriously, he needs to go. Yesterday. They should have left him at a Kenosha rest stop or Cheese Shop on the Interstate.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Alas, since we made the payoffs, I am afraid there will be a 'Official 2015 Fire Slocum' thread and an 'Official 2016 Fire Slocum' thread, etc, etc, and of course, etc.

Bretsky
01-01-2014, 10:49 AM
The ST team play has been unacceptable for a long time and MM somehow looks by it

Dom Capers is Hoodie Genius Jr compared to Slocum

We have 6 ST's coaches who had jobs last yr looking for jobs

Go get the best one....or the worst one....I don't even care which one.....as long as it's not Slocum

red
01-01-2014, 10:56 AM
who else thought for sure that hester was gonna return that last kickoff for the game winning TD?

pbmax
01-01-2014, 11:01 AM
who else thought for sure that hester was gonna return that last kickoff for the game winning TD?

I didn't think TD because Crosby is dangerous, but I did expect midfield.

Joemailman
01-01-2014, 11:07 AM
The 40 yard line was bad enough. One 15 yard completion and the Bears were throwing the ball into the end zone. Giving up that return could have been a huge factor. Burnett and Shields bailed out the special teams.

denverYooper
01-01-2014, 11:30 AM
The ST team play has been unacceptable for a long time and MM somehow looks by it

Dom Capers is Hoodie Genius Jr compared to Slocum

We have 6 ST's coaches who had jobs last yr looking for jobs

Go get the best one....or the worst one....I don't even care which one.....as long as it's not Slocum

Dave Toub was available last year. He would have been a great get.

denverYooper
01-01-2014, 11:31 AM
And I endorse firing Slocum in 2014 :)

bobblehead
01-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Seriously...the fact that this thread had to be made is a failing on MM's part. I don't care if we win the superbowl on the strength of special teams I want Slocum gone by March.

pbmax
01-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Dave Toub was available last year. He would have been a great get.

Now he is in KC and doing well.

Bretsky
01-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Seriously...the fact that this thread had to be made is a failing on MM's part. I don't care if we win the superbowl on the strength of special teams I want Slocum gone by March.

This is painfully spot on

Bretsky
01-01-2014, 12:35 PM
How many punt return yards did Seattle end up giving up ? They were on course to set an NFL record. Their specials are amazing.

I wonder if they'd just drafted that well on the bottom half of their roster....or if their ST coach is a stud ??

mraynrand
01-01-2014, 12:39 PM
I hate to always bring up the injuries, but they are 1/2 of the two-headed monster that makes life difficult for any Packer ST coach. That and the very young roster. Both are endemic problems for special teams in Green Bay. Not excuses, perhaps could find a coach better able to deal with them, but they are realities to be sure. But to be fair, I would need to careful look at the age and experience of other special teams league wide. Right now, I'm just guessing that the Packers STs are a lot younger (less experienced) and less talented due injury and roster composition.

woodbuck27
01-02-2014, 08:01 AM
How many punt return yards did Seattle end up giving up ? They were on course to set an NFL record. Their specials are amazing.

I wonder if they'd just drafted that well on the bottom half of their roster....or if their ST coach is a stud ??

Yes ST Coach Brian Schneider in Seattle is very good at his job working along with John Glenn and Nick Sorensen his ST Coaching Assistants. How does the age of these fellas along with 'the Strength and Conditioning' Coach's; compare to what we see in Green Bay as a Special Teams & Strength Coaching Staff?

** Is the Green Bay Packer staff up to speed with 'all the latest' in this field of football coaching? Why so many injuries?

** Injuries as we have seen on the Packers have somewhat of a trickle down negative effect on ST's play in terms of punt and kick returns on both sides of the ball ('O' blocking and 'D' tackling). To excuse lousy blocking and tackling in ST analysis. NO! What we see and cringe at almost every game; to use that as any excuse. Is to contradict the oft used Green Bay Packer 'next man up' mantra.

Here's something on 'the GUY on ST's' in Seattle.

I couldn't help but notice that athletic punter Jon Ryan is acclaimed here and killing it in Seattle.

How did Ted Thompson let that MAN get away?

http://www.seahawks.com/team/coaches/brian-schneider/9ee9e7a3-64f6-4bb9-b29e-b0529a9a396d

Pugger
01-02-2014, 09:17 AM

Don't hold your breath. :sad: I have a feeling there won't be any changes on this coaching staff going into 2014 unless somebody quits or gets a better offer somewhere else.

Pugger
01-02-2014, 09:20 AM
I hate to always bring up the injuries, but they are 1/2 of the two-headed monster that makes life difficult for any Packer ST coach. That and the very young roster. Both are endemic problems for special teams in Green Bay. Not excuses, perhaps could find a coach better able to deal with them, but they are realities to be sure. But to be fair, I would need to careful look at the age and experience of other special teams league wide. Right now, I'm just guessing that the Packers STs are a lot younger (less experienced) and less talented due injury and roster composition.

I believe, especially this year, you have hit upon the truth. :???:

woodbuck27
01-02-2014, 09:23 AM
I believe, especially this year, you have hit upon the truth. :???:

Then a contradiction of the oft used mantra of the Packers leadership:

" NEXT Man Up !"

woodbuck27
01-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Don't hold your breath. :sad: I have a feeling there won't be any changes on this coaching staff going into 2014 unless somebody quits or gets a better offer somewhere else.

Then your A-OK with that and MM laying his HC job on the line for the 2014 season !?

GO PACKERS GO !

Pugger
01-02-2014, 09:28 AM
Then your A-OK with that and MM laying his HC job on the line for the 2014 season !?

GO PACKERS GO !

Did you not notice the sad face in my post???

woodbuck27
01-02-2014, 09:39 AM
Did you not notice the sad face in my post???

I missed that Pugger and so understand you better.

MM'S ways, attitude and delusions in terms of the Green Bay Packers defense is indeed sad if not pathetic.

He's going to set himself up to get FIRED! He makes no sense in regards to this major concern for the TEAM's best interests. WINS !

GO PACKERS GO!

Pugger
01-02-2014, 09:47 AM
I missed that Pugger and so understand you better.

MM'S ways, attitude and delusions in terms of the Green Bay Packers defense is indeed sad if not pathetic.

He's going to set himself up to get FIRED! He makes no sense in regards to this major concern for the TEAM's best interests. WINS !

GO PACKERS GO!

If we can get better players on D this offseason and stay healthy Mike isn't getting fired any time soon. We don't need the 85 Bears with our offense. Just an average D will do - something we surely do not have presently. :???:

mraynrand
01-02-2014, 09:48 AM

coaches lay it on the line every season. Just ask Chud.

woodbuck27
01-02-2014, 09:58 AM
coaches lay it on the line every season. Just ask Chud.

This to date is the third most successful HC in Packers history and to blow that resume with a nonsense move sucks.

The fans see ... MM's got to see.

pbmax
01-02-2014, 10:06 AM
This to date is the third most successful HC in Packers history and to blow that resume with a nonsense move sucks.

The fans see ... MM's got to see.

But do the fans know the cause better than the Head Coach?

red
01-08-2014, 06:33 PM
oh wow, someone really dropped the ball on this one today

we tie the fucking game, crosby has the most perfect kickoff you could ask for

the the special team gives up a massive return so the 49ers are almost already in game winning FG range

then today, MM says that injuries to the team really made special teams difficult this year. well what about every other fucking year when they've sucked asshole?

FIRE SLOCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keeping capers i can at least live with if that it the choice. it would be completely unacceptable if slocum remains with this team imo

Freak Out
01-08-2014, 06:36 PM
FIRE THE FUCKER! http://www.ontheroadtofit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/tumblr_lekudbHJHN1qfu7o1o1_500.jpg

MJZiggy
01-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Is there no one else who thinks it strange that the kicker is the biggest tackle threat on our special teams unit?

Joemailman
01-08-2014, 06:42 PM
http://www.businessesgrow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/youre+fired.jpg

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Is there no one else who thinks it strange that the kicker is the biggest tackle threat on our special teams unit?

Or that we have to cringe whenever the Packers kickoff?

Patler
01-08-2014, 07:57 PM

A couple years ago I read an article about ST coaches, which basically said the NFL schemes are minimal and everyone knows them. The difference between the best ST coaches who always do well, and the others who are up and down is how quickly they can get players ready and their ability to adapt to personnel changes, because that is the life of all ST coaches. Basically, all teams change 10-15 players from season to season, and during a season, if it isn't injuries that are changing the bottom of the roster it is the GM cutting players and signing others in an attempt to get better. All ST coaches deal with a lot of personnel changes both from season to season and during the season, it's part of the nature of the job. The bulk of their units are always players on their first contracts.

I don't think Slocum has an excuse this season or any of his seasons in GB.

pbmax
01-08-2014, 08:09 PM

No, because I think the punter is even better.

Or do I mean no, its even stranger?

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 08:12 PM

It's a bit disheartening when the teams most reliable tackler is your kicker.

bobblehead
01-08-2014, 08:13 PM

This may all be true, but this is the fire slocum thread, not the defend slocum thread.

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 08:16 PM
No, because I think the punter is even better.

Or do I mean no, its even stranger?

Then are these position men versatile.

Can either of them (both be utilized to) double down and play safety and/or ILB?

bobblehead
01-08-2014, 08:17 PM

That is actually part of slocum's scheme, so in that regard he is wildly successful.

QBME
01-15-2014, 09:21 AM
An Excel spreadsheet is being particularly uncooperative this morning, and I'm getting a headache.

Fire Slocum.

red
01-15-2014, 09:26 AM
its absolutely mind numbing and extremely frustration that he has not been canned yet?

there is no excuse for going into another year with slocum as the ST coach

time to face facts, M3 has no balls and will not fire anyone, as long as stubby is the HC, we're going to have an absolute joke of a special teams that continue to cost us game

pbmax
01-15-2014, 09:37 AM
Golden Parachute time. Give him some free passes to the Packers Hall of Fame.

Fire Slocum!

red
01-15-2014, 09:43 AM
Golden Parachute time. Give him some free passes to the Packers Hall of Fame.

then he can go see where his plaque is , in the mens bathroom inside the the hall of fame, at the bottom of a shitter

mraynrand
01-15-2014, 09:47 AM
A couple years ago I read an article about ST coaches, which basically said the NFL schemes are minimal and everyone knows them. The difference between the best ST coaches who always do well, and the others who are up and down is how quickly they can get players ready and their ability to adapt to personnel changes, because that is the life of all ST coaches. Basically, all teams change 10-15 players from season to season, and during a season, if it isn't injuries that are changing the bottom of the roster it is the GM cutting players and signing others in an attempt to get better. All ST coaches deal with a lot of personnel changes both from season to season and during the season, it's part of the nature of the job. The bulk of their units are always players on their first contracts.

I don't think Slocum has an excuse this season or any of his seasons in GB.

You seem to be arguing that there is a standard level of turnover on ST. Fair enough. Yet, with more injuries, comes more turnover, no? Like Favre Lake in the fall.

mraynrand
01-15-2014, 09:47 AM
This may all be true, but this is the fire slocum thread, not the defend slocum thread.

this is a better argument than Patler's

Bretsky
01-15-2014, 06:34 PM
:bclap::bclap::bclap::bclap:
its absolutely mind numbing and extremely frustration that he has not been canned yet?

there is no excuse for going into another year with slocum as the ST coach

time to face facts, M3 has no balls and will not fire anyone, as long as stubby is the HC, we're going to have an absolute joke of a special teams that continue to cost us game

:bclap:

woodbuck27
01-15-2014, 08:26 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTE8DNgMQ2bgiWbenzfR9pOyRKaox_mf lFrIzy3gOOWrivW2mY6

Mike McCarthy knows Special Teams.

A kinda One-way conversation behind closed doors in Ted Thompson's private domain at 1265 Lombardi Avenue:

The conversation concerns Ted Thompson's insistence that Mike McCarthy gets rid of ST Coach Shawn Slocum:

OK this is serious Mike....Yes it gets this way sometimes.....No NO NO Ohh Teds anymore with me Mike. It's got to being ....well... just too much or... not enough (excuse me) yaa know with ...Ole Shawney.

You know what I mean.

I know ... I really do know Mikey... I love Ole Slowster too.

yea we have so much to re-call...Yaa...yaa there won't be another one like Shawney Slowster.

Yaa Yaa...we've had some decent times... OK ... I agree Mikey...really good time here in this office too... Mikey but we can't get into that stuff...well

errrr...maybe soon...naww....this is darn serious Mikey...There's a time for everything and

this is serious business.

What!?.... NO MIKE !!! It's time you faced it and canned Shawn Slocum. I can't draw it up any clearer.

I know Mike it's hard ... yea sure ... yahh yahh ................yaa ....jhessss Mike....but you've got to get this done. You know Mikey...giverrrr the Ole College try.

No NOT ..... NO Damn way Mike ... NOT another season. NOOOO ! I told you last season and the one before that and the one ...well .... you know Mikey. This has gone...what's that..ohh no you don't ...NO MIKE none of that .... No ... no crying.....

I'm what...hurting your .... feelings ... Jheeesssh Mike.

Injuries *36&11@#*&?? pingereeesss ... screw that Mike ...No screw you Mike ... now that's enough ...no no more. Insensative...Me... come onnnn Mike ... Of course I'm sensitive.

We've had that talk .....many times.

Tears...Ohh BOY! Here we go again...tears ... so .... so so many tears ....please Mikey. . . .

Get a grip ! Pleassse !

That's not working this time... Not this time Mikey.

OK...OK...take this hanky... No... No Mike ... it's OK... snot all over it ... it's OK Mike...blow it

Blow...your... nose ....and For Gauuds sake...wipe away those tears...here ... now isn't that

better... your so sensitive for a big boy Mike.

Yes ......Yes Mike ....Your still my........ "my Big Boy".

OK you've got it Mike.. There ... Mike.....that's it ...

No No NO! Mikey .... no more damn excuses.

You've got to be kiddin me. You acting like a drunken sailor now. Stop crying !!!!!!

Chin up now Mikey....Here's the good news.

I've recruited both "a new Special Teams coach and his assistant"... Here Mike check out this video. I found these two guys while on vacation in Russia, I hope your pleased:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXx19C5ZyA8

QBME
01-29-2014, 07:20 AM
Happy Wednesday.

Props to Patler for:

Green Bay's coverage units were particularly brutal. Opponents averaged 26.0 yards per kickoff, the most allowed by a Packers team since 1948. Foes also averaged 13.1 yards on punt returns, the most against a Green Bay team since 1989.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/tablet/sport...#ixzz2rn2icXkn
Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter

Fire Slocum.

red
01-29-2014, 08:14 AM
Happy Wednesday.

Props to Patler for:

Green Bay's coverage units were particularly brutal. Opponents averaged 26.0 yards per kickoff, the most allowed by a Packers team since 1948. Foes also averaged 13.1 yards on punt returns, the most against a Green Bay team since 1989.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/tablet/sport...#ixzz2rn2icXkn
Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter

Fire Slocum.

oh thats top notch stuff right there

pbmax
01-29-2014, 08:30 AM
To paraphrase the late, great site Fire Joe Morgan:

Sisyphus:Rock :: PackerRats:FireSlocum

Fire Slocum.

denverYooper
01-29-2014, 08:42 AM
Pushin' a rock.

Fire Slocum.

Cheesehead Craig
08-06-2014, 09:57 AM
There's still time before the first pre-season game (and it's Wednesday).

Fire Slocum!

pittstang5
08-06-2014, 12:32 PM
There's still time before the first pre-season game (and it's Wednesday).

Fire Slocum!

Slocum is the reason the Packers continue to have injuries, year after year. Fire his Ass!

Carolina_Packer
08-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Slocum if you got 'em! :smk: :rs:

pbmax
08-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Hire Zook!

Joemailman
08-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Russians have stolen 1.2 billion passwords. Fire Slocum!

Joemailman
09-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Packers really need to win Sunday so....................Fire Slocum!

Freak Out
09-10-2014, 04:27 PM
I was thinking of bumping this last night...then spaced it. Thanks Joe.

FIRE SLOCUM FOR FUCKS SAKE!

Freak Out
09-10-2014, 04:28 PM
On a special teams note...did our returners EVER get the ball back to the 20 when returning KOs last week? I sure a shit don't remember seeing one.

KYPack
09-10-2014, 04:34 PM
On a special teams note...did our returners EVER get the ball back to the 20 when returning KOs last week? I sure a shit don't remember seeing one.

The little guy needs to make better choices fo sho.

pbmax
09-10-2014, 04:35 PM
Bring black Janis!

And Fire Slocum.

Joemailman
09-10-2014, 04:37 PM

Hyde returned one 28 yards out to the 24. He looked much more decisive than Harris.

Pugger
09-11-2014, 07:48 AM

No, and this drives me crazy to no end. It was absolutely fool hearty to do that against that defense! :x

MadtownPacker
09-11-2014, 03:52 PM
Fire Slocum, for being uncool and white! Playas can't relate to him.

Rutnstrut
09-11-2014, 05:11 PM

Then Capers should definitely be fired.

Cheesehead Craig
09-11-2014, 08:48 PM

No es miercoles. No puedo exigir ser despedido Slocum.

Joemailman
09-11-2014, 09:02 PM
No es miercoles. No puedo exigir ser despedido Slocum.

Tontos mexicanos no conocen nada mejor.

Carolina_Packer
09-13-2014, 09:11 AM
Slocum, estás despedido! SIGUE salir de aquí!!

The Shadow
09-13-2014, 12:12 PM
Badges? BADGES? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Joemailman
09-24-2014, 07:37 PM
Because it's Bear Week....Fire Slocum!

pbmax
09-24-2014, 11:44 PM
He heads up the best unit on the team. Its that bad after 3 games.

FIRE SLOCUM!

Joemailman
10-01-2014, 04:35 PM
Brad Jones is listed as probable.

Fire Slocum!

Cheesehead Craig
10-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Joemailman loves the Musky Queen.

Fire Slocum!

Freak Out
10-01-2014, 06:14 PM
It's the logical thing to do! Fire Slocum!

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/0/4309/147221-128038-spock.jpg

Freak Out
10-01-2014, 06:15 PM
BTW....posting Star Trek images is like the Bat Signal to Rand. Fire Slocum!

pbmax
10-01-2014, 06:26 PM
May he find this in his locker tonight.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-k5scjfg01J8/UPWr6x_rQPI/AAAAAAAAAYc/PxDaV6OPp-o/s1600/Notice+of+Termination+of+Employment.jpg

Freak Out
10-01-2014, 06:29 PM
May he find this in his locker tonight.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-k5scjfg01J8/UPWr6x_rQPI/AAAAAAAAAYc/PxDaV6OPp-o/s1600/Notice+of+Termination+of+Employment.jpg

The next card he received was his draft notice.

Guiness
10-02-2014, 12:11 PM
John Ryan wins Special Teams player of the month! Fire Slocum! (and give TT a good swift boot in the ass for that move at the same time)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/02/seahawks-punter-jon-ryan-wins-player-of-month-honors/

Joemailman
11-05-2014, 06:49 PM
I'll bet Lang and Sitton got hurt trying to shore up the Special Teams. Fire Slocum!!

pbmax
11-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Special Teams somehow, impossibly ranked 12th at Football Outsiders.

Fire Slocum!

Hire Zook full time!

George Cumby
11-05-2014, 10:32 PM
My wife is pregnant. Fire Slocum!

Freak Out
11-06-2014, 10:58 AM
My wife is pregnant. Fire Slocum!

Congrats! Fire Slocum!

Joemailman
11-13-2014, 05:06 PM
2 words: Darren Sproles

2 more words: Fire Slocum!

pbmax
11-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Special Teams drop to 15th at Football Outsiders, probably because of that return TD. They are now the worst ranked unit on the team (O is 2nd and D is 11th). http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2014/week-10-dvoa-ratings

Fire Slocum!

red
11-13-2014, 07:40 PM
Bout fucking time

My guess is its a trend

Upnorth
11-19-2014, 02:29 PM
More kicks blocked or your money back,
I present FIRE SLOCUM

George Cumby
11-19-2014, 02:39 PM
We who are about to die.......... Fire Slocum!

Freak Out
11-19-2014, 03:46 PM
Fire the POS!

pbmax
11-19-2014, 05:44 PM
ST down to 16th at Football Outsiders. Fire Slocum!

Joemailman
12-03-2014, 06:42 PM
Devin Hester is returning kicks and punts for Atlanta.

For the love of Christmas, Fire Slocum!!

woodbuck27
12-03-2014, 06:57 PM
ST down to 16th at Football Outsiders. Fire Slocum!

Yup it's time. That ST performance Vs New England was outrageous. Too many almost too costly errors. The Packers were fortunate to squeak out a win.

I can't stand it. Get his rump out of Green Bay AaaaaaSAP.

Joemailman
12-03-2014, 07:01 PM
Blocked punt?

pbmax
12-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Down to 19th at Football Outsiders. Minuses were missed FG, OOB KO and punt muff (which may not have been a muff, but was definitely intentional).

Fire Slocum!

woodbuck27
12-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Blocked punt?

I revised that before you jumped on it.

Now your shit storm is on this thread. Jesus Mary and joseph..... can't you relax?

My post isn't serious in the first place. Good God mister get a grip.

Joemailman
12-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Just asked a question. Thought maybe I missed something.

woodbuck27
12-03-2014, 08:18 PM
Just asked a question. Thought maybe I missed something.

You don't miss much if anything. I believe your more about discredit than team work.

Simply try to accept the membership here as a whole rather than pick pick pick.

Just a suggestion and if I'm wrong I apologize.

Joemailman
12-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Calm down. This whole thread is more or less in jest.

woodbuck27
12-03-2014, 08:30 PM
Calm down. This whole thread is more or less in jest.

I stand by my observation and 'You'.

If I'm correct your wasting your time.

It takes BIG BOOTS to step on me.

A senseless endeavour. Pure nonsense Joemailman .

I'm a Packer fan and not against you. :idea:

hoosier
12-03-2014, 08:43 PM
The moose is on the loose

George Cumby
12-03-2014, 11:21 PM

Fire Slocum!

denverYooper
12-04-2014, 09:12 AM
Dulcinea... Dulcinea...
I see heaven when I see thee, Dulcinea,
And thy name is like a prayer
An angel whispers... Dulcinea... Dulcinea!

Cheesehead Craig
12-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Dulcinea... Dulcinea...
I see heaven when I see thee, Dulcinea,
And thy name is like a prayer
An angel whispers... Dulcinea... Dulcinea!

What in the blue hell is that?

hoosier
12-04-2014, 01:56 PM
What in the blue hell is that?

That the Quicks Oat.

mraynrand
12-04-2014, 02:52 PM
That the Quicks Oat.

what in the hell is that?

denverYooper
12-04-2014, 02:58 PM
That the Quicks Oat.

This.

denverYooper
12-04-2014, 02:59 PM
what in the hell is that?

He's got his hand in the dirt.

Cheesehead Craig
12-04-2014, 03:31 PM
This.

What about The Other Thing?

woodbuck27
12-04-2014, 04:44 PM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnRwmAnsET7YMspVv8Dw9QJ8tHel1lC TzG1GSTrRc4Ft3pOLVavg

Laughing at .......... myself.

Joemailman
12-14-2014, 03:48 PM
http://www.wnd.com/images/firingsquad.jpg

esoxx
12-14-2014, 04:23 PM
http://www.wnd.com/images/firingsquad.jpg

+1

red
12-14-2014, 04:51 PM
This doesnt have to wait 3 days

6 kicks/punts have been blocked this year

We also just gave up another return for a td, meanwhile our return team is doing nothing

Not to mention our once solid punter has regressed

You dont keep your job afte this, YOU CANT

Joemailman
12-14-2014, 04:54 PM

We also just gave up another return for a td, meanwhile our return team is doing nothing

I agree. In past years Slocum has had a tough job because with all the injuries, his lineups have had to change from week to week. But that isn't the case this year. There's no excuse for all the blocked kicks. And only a holding penalty prevented the Bills from also blocking a punt today.

George Cumby
12-14-2014, 05:39 PM
In the name of all that is Holy and right in this world would someone high up in this organization fire his wretched ass.

Bretsky
12-14-2014, 05:51 PM
our special teams coming on late last yr was a terrible things; it kept this clown hear another year

HE HAS TO GO

esoxx
12-14-2014, 05:58 PM
Sir Michael John McCarthy bears the blame here.
After all, it's his staff, no?

Did he not hire Slocum and does he not have the ability to fire Slocum?

pbmax
12-14-2014, 06:26 PM
At one point they were having a fine season 6 or 7 games into the season. Even got a punt return TD. But after today they will be back in the bottom 1/3 of the league.

ThunderDan
12-14-2014, 09:45 PM
If I was Slocum I would resign in shame.

red
12-15-2014, 08:51 AM
If I was Slocum I would resign in shame.

If i was slocum, i'd stick my head in the microwave

pbmax
12-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Seriously, every time there is a problem on this unit, it takes an entire offseason and camp to get it fixed. Sometimes two. he is clearly unqualified or the Packers spend their Special Team practice time playing canasta.

How the hell does the strongest o lineman get blasted on a FG?

Pugger
12-15-2014, 09:18 AM
One of the great mysteries of the universe is why is this clown still in McCarthy's good graces. We've been bitching about Slocum for years. I pray he gets canned this offseason.

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Sir Michael John McCarthy bears the blame here.
After all, it's his staff, no?

Did he not hire Slocum and does he not have the ability to fire Slocum?

Now you've hit on a nerve:

It's really all about FAMILY.

If your going to take MM you must take "ALL OF MIKE McCARTHY."

That means a very tough thing (decision) for MM to let Slocum go.

denverYooper
12-15-2014, 09:24 AM
Seriously, every time there is a problem on this unit, it takes an entire offseason and camp to get it fixed. Sometimes two. he is clearly unqualified or the Packers spend their Special Team practice time playing canasta.

How the hell does the strongest o lineman get blasted on a FG?

Dunno. But the block is the 5th this year, isn't it? At some point there issues with that had to cost them.

Pugger
12-15-2014, 09:25 AM
Did they take Lang and Sitton off FG tries because of their nagging injuries this year? Could their replacements there be the problem with blocked FGs?

pbmax
12-15-2014, 09:29 AM
Dunno. But the block is the 5th this year, isn't it? At some point there issues with that had to cost them.

JSO has it at six blocked kicks. Not sure if that includes the punt block.

Fritz
12-15-2014, 09:39 AM

While we've spent enormous amounts of time bitching about the defense, or Dom Capers, or whose fault that all is, and lots of time recently bitching about A-Rod, or his girlfriend, or MM's playcalling, the real undoing of this team this year will be the special teams.

It's been a running joke on this site that Slocum needs to be fired, and people are on record as wanting that, but it seems more jokish than vitriolic.

It's the special teams that will kill this team in a close playoff game. I don't know how they fix this tire fire, but for god's sakes - blocked field goals, blocked extra points, allowing punt return touchdowns, shitty punting.

These are the things that will undermine this team in the end.

I'm not worried about A-Rod or the offense. I believe a certain kind of defense - the Bills', the Seahawks', the Lions', the Cards' - can seriously slow down this offense. But I think they can score in the 20's.

And while I don't think it's a SB defense, that defense is better than last year's. It's not a great defense, but it's been okay much of the time. Not great, but okay.

So it will be that blocked field goal, that punt or kickoff return, that missed extra point, that will wreck this team in the end.

What can be done? Would it help to fire Slocum at this point?

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 09:48 AM
While we've spent enormous amounts of time bitching about the defense, or Dom Capers, or whose fault that all is, and lots of time recently bitching about A-Rod, or his girlfriend, or MM's playcalling, the real undoing of this team this year will be the special teams.

It's been a running joke on this site that Slocum needs to be fired, and people are on record as wanting that, but it seems more jokish than vitriolic.

It's the special teams that will kill this team in a close playoff game. I don't know how they fix this tire fire, but for god's sakes - blocked field goals, blocked extra points, allowing punt return touchdowns, shitty punting.

I'm not worried about A-Rod or the offense. I believe a certain kind of defense - the Bills', the Seahawks', the Lions', the Cards' - can seriously slow down this offense. But I think they can score in the 20's.

And while I don't think it's a SB defense, that defense is better than last year's. It's not a great defense, but it's been okay much of the time. Not great, but okay.

So it will be that blocked field goal, that punt or kickoff return, that missed extra point, that will wreck this team in the end.

Solid post Fritz ... Repped.

By the way... You called the result yesterday.

I placed 9 confidence points in the Pro Pickem' on the Packers to win. Your 'dire warning' never left me as the writing became clear on that wall.

Pugger
12-15-2014, 10:11 AM

Did we take Lang and Sitton off the line for FG attempts because of their nagging injuries so they'll be able to play on offense? I suspect this could be the issue on the blocked FGs but the punt and kick-off units have been poor for a while. Slocum has to go this offseason.

denverYooper
12-15-2014, 10:32 AM
Did we take Lang and Sitton off the line for FG attempts because of their nagging injuries so they'll be able to play on offense? I suspect this could be the issue on the blocked FGs but the punt and kick-off units have been poor for a while. Slocum has to go this offseason.

I know this was the case vs the Iggles but I haven't noticed since then.

Joemailman
12-15-2014, 10:38 AM
I know this was the case vs the Iggles but I haven't noticed since then.

It was. Linsley was lined up against Mario Williams yesterday. Still, that's not an excuse. Any offensive lineman should be able to block on special teams.

pbmax
12-15-2014, 12:24 PM
It was. Linsley was lined up against Mario Williams yesterday. Still, that's not an excuse. Any offensive lineman should be able to block on special teams.

Esp. since they often have D lineman in there to block.

red
12-16-2014, 09:27 AM
Well, looks like they are gonna change up the personal this week

The starters that slocum has been given i guess just arent good enough

Striker
12-16-2014, 11:05 AM

It hasn't been just the linemen. Kuhn was responsible for one of the almost blocked punts if I recall. There are breakdowns all across the board.

pbmax
12-16-2014, 11:09 AM
It hasn't been just the linemen. Kuhn was responsible for one of the almost blocked punts if I recall. There are breakdowns all across the board.

Richardson gave up the hold on the punt and was really pressed on another punt and he has been a ST starter all year.

Freak Out
12-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Fire Slocum is a Wednesday thing right?

Striker
12-16-2014, 11:49 AM
Richardson gave up the hold on the punt and was really pressed on another punt and he has been a ST starter all year.

Yeah. I don't know what's up. I can kind of understand the long field goal block since Crosby delivered that really low, but the extra points are just baffling.

woodbuck27
12-16-2014, 12:04 PM
Which should it be?

“All for one and one for all, united we stand divided we fall.” ― Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers

OR

“You are very amiable, no doubt, but you would be charming if you would only depart.” ― Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers

pbmax
12-16-2014, 12:12 PM
Ban him like asbestos.

woodbuck27
12-16-2014, 01:08 PM
How we'll feel on the day that Slocum is FIRED!

We'll feel like dancing and ..... not like Ellen

It'll be like Peter so learn that dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

Cheesehead Craig
12-16-2014, 02:52 PM
Fire Slocum is a Wednesday thing right?

You sir, are correct.

denverYooper
12-16-2014, 03:14 PM
You sir, are correct.

Circumstances require that we add an extra day of calling for his release.

Freak Out
12-16-2014, 04:09 PM
Circumstances require that we add an extra day of calling for his release.

I agree completely.

FIRE SLOCUM FOR FUCKS SAKE!

woodbuck27
12-16-2014, 07:04 PM
How we'll feel on the day that Slocum is FIRED!

We'll feel like dancing and ..... not like Ellen

It'll be like Peter so learn that dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

I want Peter Griffin to announce the next televised on FOX Packer game.

I want STEWIE and BRIAN as his color men.

What a show !!

Joemailman
12-17-2014, 07:11 PM
Dear Santa:

All I want for Christmas is for Slocum to be fired.

Bretsky
12-17-2014, 07:41 PM
DITTO

It was just a matter of time be4 he f'cked up a game

pbmax
12-17-2014, 10:18 PM
Only Slocum, in a season of relatively good health, could have his unit take a nosedive due to backups. He is a retread blowout of a coach.

woodbuck27
12-17-2014, 10:32 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyTYRWaPab8zxUXeIIn3dzGY3sozU7X ty7-eEUpcDOwBdPeJl5

I WANT Shawm Slocum ... FIRED !!!!

sharpe1027
12-17-2014, 11:02 PM

This is not a joke, it never was.

pbmax
12-31-2014, 10:25 AM
Jim Haslett has been fired as DC of Washington Redskins. He and McCarthy have a relationship and he was considered for the DC opening when Capers was hired.

Has he ever coached Special Teams?

Fire Slocum!@$#%

Joemailman
12-31-2014, 10:47 AM
Jim Haslett has been fired as DC of Washington Redskins. He and McCarthy have a relationship and he was considered for the DC opening when Capers was hired.

Has he ever coached Special Teams?

Fire Slocum!@$#%

Haslett coached defensive line, linebackers and special teams for the Sacramento Surge of the WLAF in 1991-1992.

Patler
12-31-2014, 11:03 AM
Only Slocum, in a season of relatively good health, could have his unit take a nosedive due to backups. He is a retread blowout of a coach.

Exactly. We heard the "constantly changing lineup" excuse for too many years. Now they hint at an excuse that without Sitton there aren't enough guys capable of blocking to be able to get even an extra point off. Eight guys, That's all you need, is eight guys in addition to the snapper, holder and kicker.

Joemailman
12-31-2014, 11:08 AM
Wow, this thread is almost a year old.

http://pvpost.cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/shared/content/uploads/2014/12/NewYear2014.jpghttps://s3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/llrR_1NAXUNPyYUr1iCKBA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/lifestyles/2014-12-17/f273b490-85ed-11e4-aa6f-65146d5bb4ac_2015.jpg

Maxie the Taxi
12-31-2014, 11:11 AM
Make no mistake, I'm on the "Fire Slocum" bandwagon.

That said, however, I admit to being unable to give cogent reasons why...other than nonperformance.

What exactly and specifically are Slocum's documented problems?

Is he generally clueless, technically football stupid, irresponsible, without leadership qualities, insubordinate, careless, lazy, too much a players coach, a yes man, too old school, too new school....?

I mean what is it with the guy?

Freak Out
12-31-2014, 11:19 AM
How long have we been calling for this guys head? FIRE SLOCUM!

pbmax
12-31-2014, 12:07 PM
Make no mistake, I'm on the "Fire Slocum" bandwagon.

That said, however, I admit to being unable to give cogent reasons why...other than nonperformance.

What exactly and specifically are Slocum's documented problems?

Is he generally clueless, technically football stupid, irresponsible, without leadership qualities, insubordinate, careless, lazy, too much a players coach, a yes man, too old school, too new school....?

I mean what is it with the guy?

In his first year I believe, there was a catastrophic stretch of ST play. Brutal errors more egregious than the seven blocked kicks this year. Things that screamed bad design, or 10 men on the field, miscommunication, etc.

After the ship was partially righted, JSO ran an article that got some on the record quotes from other ST coaches that Slocum was trying some new things and several of them seemed schematically unsound. And that later iterations of the same units were going back to more traditional designs. My version of events might mix things from two years, because I think some time passed between the disaster of his debut to subsequent revelations.

McCarthy is not a coach who is afraid to experiment and I bet his buddy Slocum indulged M3s wish to be aggressive on ST. And it backfired spectacularly.

Even after the two of them were done with their teenage experimentation, Slocum had units that would not improve. He has had one, maybe two years above average but usually in the bottom third. They never seem to develop better options, schemes or players. And if a problem develops (kick blocks, Crosby's struggles two years ago) it persists for most of the year before getting straightened out.

His only successes seem to be player driven self-improvement; Masthay and the Aussie kick, Crosby's self correction and Bush.

If I had to guess, Slocum is too good a friend to M3 and he can't tell the HC to go jump in a lake when he is off his nut about something. This is related to his being inexperienced or incompetent enough not to recognize and fix trouble before we recognize the problems.

Bretsky
12-31-2014, 05:59 PM
Slocum hardly seemed ready when he was hired.
He was the assistant of he guy who was canned with a resume that was not too impressive
How many times does a fired guy's assistant get hired long term as an assistant coach
The only reason I can think of is he's MM's friend

Last year they were a disaster for a while and came on strong late in the season
I had noted that was a bad thing for GB because had the trainwreck continued at least we would have had a shot

I think every year he's been here the ST incompetence has greatly contributed to 1-2 losses and I can't remember many wins

He's junk.