PDA

View Full Version : An offense we haven't seen much of

Patler
01-01-2014, 03:16 PM
The Packers playoff offense, that is.

Lacy missed games 2 & 3.
Cobb went out in the 5th game.
Jones went out in the 5th game and missed the 6th & 7th.
Starks missed the 5th, 6th and 7th games
Rodgers went out in the 8th game.

Having Rodgers, Cobb, Lacy, Starks, Jones and Nelson together has happened only in games 1, 4 and 16, with part of game 5, and just a few plays in game 2.

pbmax
01-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Its like getting the band back together. But before any hit records.

pittstang5
01-01-2014, 05:00 PM

They're on a mission from God.

BZnDallas
01-01-2014, 05:04 PM
Next year should be amazing if we're healthy... Bualaga back and DuJuan Harris with Lacy in that backfield... the shiftiness btwn Cobb and Harris is gonna be something... still got work to do this year and i'm ready... we're in the dance and have a chance... what more could you ask for with your MVP QB out for half the year... Game On!

denverYooper
01-01-2014, 05:36 PM
It'll be interesting, that's for sure. This is the best-looking OL they've had in some time, too.

CaptainKickass
01-01-2014, 06:00 PM
They're on a mission from God.

They've got a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and they're wearing sunglasses...

Hit it.

http://gallagher.umwblogs.org/files/2011/02/blues-brothers-final2.gif

denverYooper
01-01-2014, 06:09 PM
WRT the Packers offense: 'It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?'

woodbuck27
01-01-2014, 08:16 PM

I loved that rehearsal then last Sunday.

A good sound man and there set to go.

GO PACK GO !

Pugger
01-02-2014, 09:15 AM
If we truly get all hands on deck in 2014 our offense will be a terror. Now all we gotta do is fix the defense...

woodbuck27
01-02-2014, 09:28 AM
If we truly get all hands on deck in 2014 our offense will be a terror. Now all we gotta do is fix the defense...

Without any changes in the coaching positions!?

How will that be done Pugger? With some magical thinking?

The Green Bay Packers need some serious work done in this off season. Need some serious changes.

I'm afraid it will fail in 2014 with the status quo.

GO PACKERS...GO PACK GO !

Pugger
01-02-2014, 09:40 AM
Without any changes in the coaching positions!?

How will that be done Pugger? With some magical thinking?

The Green Bay Packers need some serious work done in this off season. Need some serious changes.

I'm afraid it will fail in 2014 with the status quo.

GO PACKERS...GO PACK GO !

Perhaps if we had better players than Wilson, Jennings, House, B. Jones, Aiyewa, Banjo, Lattimore, Palmer, Richardson, Rolle and other starters beat up like Pickett and Perry (in addition to no Matthews, Jolly or Hayward) we might be able to field a better defense that we have presently even with this less than ideal coaching staff.

woodbuck27
01-02-2014, 09:47 AM
Perhaps if we had better players than Wilson, Jennings, House, B. Jones, Aiyewa, Banjo, Lattimore, Palmer, Richardson, Rolle and other starters beat up like Pickett and Perry (in addition to no Matthews, Jolly or Hayward) we might be able to field a better defense that we have presently even with this less than ideal coaching staff.

By George your seeing it. :wink:

Yes that's a part of it but to see MM's delusions over our defense is just frustrating. For him to stand on that is simply ... stupid Pugger. Maybe he simply gets carried away and seems stupid.

:wait: Time will give us the clear answer to that. It's a :wait: thing. People need a time to adjust to get it right and to grow.

GO PACK GO!

pbmax
01-02-2014, 10:05 AM
For him to stand on that is simply ... stupid Pugger. Maybe he simply gets carried away and seems stupid.

He is talking to his lockerroom there woodbuck. And they are far more important in this game than our sensibilities. I think McCarthy reads his locker room pretty well, he has made public statements before that contradict public perception to great effect for the team. I think he knows what he is doing. This is not the time to assess the team before FA and the draft.

If you want something more candid, I point you to his comment that the D might need to play its best game this week.

denverYooper
01-02-2014, 10:13 AM
He is talking to his lockerroom there woodbuck. And they are far more important in this game than our sensibilities. I think McCarthy reads his locker room pretty well, he has made public statements before that contradict public perception to great effect for the team. I think he knows what he is doing. This is not the time to assess the team before FA and the draft.

If you want something more candid, I point you to his comment that the D might need to play its best game this week.

PB gets at one of the most underrated parts of M3's game -- his ability to connect with the locker room. He is the coach that players would run through a brick wall for.

pbmax
01-02-2014, 11:02 AM
That should have read: not the time to assess the team FOR Free Agency and the Draft.