PDA

View Full Version : I still don't like him announcing

Jimx29
01-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Ya, he sucks up to Vic and the Packers as a whole, but I still mute the TV and stream WTMJ.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Troy_Aikman_tells_fans_what_he_thinks_of_Packers/dfd26e6c-1127-48dc-8a82-7c7f10ab658e

I forget who/where I came across this app, but it will get a testing tomorrow:
http://www.daansystems.com/radiodelay/
http://www.botecomm.com/bote/radio/radiodelay.html

woodbuck27
01-05-2014, 06:36 AM
Actually I payed close attention to Joe Buck and Troy Aikman last game Vs the Bears and I said to Mae:

I'm being unfair to those two fellas. This interview left me with a better impression of Troy Ailman.

Troy Aikman said:

" I'm a huge fan of the Packers, I'm a huge fan of the organization (they do it the right way) ... Mike McCarthy ' I think the world of '... and so many solid players within this team that represent the league well... and they play great football. "

Troy Aikman said that ** the Great Pat Summerall once said:

"Hey... as long as ... 'you know' ... half of the people think that your rooting against them, and half your rooting for them... then your probably doing your job." George Allen 'Pat' Summerall

** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Summerall

Troy Aikman continues:

" No .... I enjoy covering the Packers ... their an exciting team to follow." Troy Aikman followed up with:

" Why any Packer fans think that I'm rooting against their team I really can't pin point."

Comment woodbuck27:

Maybe Green Bay Packer fans are simply a tad spoiled; and well... also defensive !? I believe that it's like this:

Truly dedicated and loyally 'faithful - die hard' Packer fans. Expect or believe their Packers will win. These special fans don't like anything to distract from that extreme dedication. I feel that describes this Green Bay Packer fan.

When I critique Ted Thompson and / or Mike McCarthy, it's because I expect more from both/either of those very important Green Bay Packer leaders.

I don't give a hoot what they ( TT and MM) did yesterday; that certainly has a lot to do with a win this week. Yet I always look at it this way and was it enough !?? I'm a tough Packer fan. That's just my manner and personality into the quick of me. I'm like that in life generally. I'm also very compassionate and understanding of anyone that simply trys hard and learns to grow. I'm against anyone that's not made of:

I can do better and more to change.

I see right through such weakness in a person (s) and know how to exploit that character flaw or simply dismiss such as not worthy. It's like this:

Your on my team or against me.

I see Packerrats get on a game day thread and literally wilt almost as soon as the game turns against the Green Bay Packers. It's OK to get that bad feeling but try to keep it inside if it gets there today...please. Please simply totally stay with 'I believe in the Packers'. In the long run that will serve you best anyway. Don't act like a played out fish out of water.

Don't piss on my karma parade. ;-)

If the Packers ever were to lose. Then look in the mirror for a possible answer as to why that happened.

Best to simply go my way and....Think 100% win. Please don't bet the house ,wife and kids on the Packers. Betting is a whole different kettle of fish.

GO PACKERS ! ....GO PACK GO !

bobblehead
01-05-2014, 10:40 AM
" No .... I enjoy covering the Packers ... their an exciting team to follow." Troy Aikman followed up with:

" Why any Packer fans think that I'm rooting against their team I really can't pin point."

Because every call against that packers was obviously a penalty and every call in our favor is questionable? Only on the most blatant bad calls does he get it right, then if it is in our favor he harps on it forever.

sharpe1027
01-05-2014, 11:23 AM
Aikman rubs me the wrong way with his certainty about some things, half of which I disagree with and several of them that are flat wrong. Whether commenting on a penalty, comparing players or other things, I don't fine much value in his contribution. He does an OK job, but if I could turn off the audio feed for the announcers and still hear the on field and refs, I would. Joe Buck seems to go along with whatever Aikman says.

bobblehead
01-05-2014, 12:05 PM
Aikman rubs me the wrong way with his certainty about some things, half of which I disagree with and several of them that are flat wrong. Whether commenting on a penalty, comparing players or other things, I don't fine much value in his contribution. He does an OK job, but if I could turn off the audio feed for the announcers and still hear the on field and refs, I would. Joe Buck seems to go along with whatever Aikman says.

If you aren't local for radio, go to packers.com and get the radio feed on your computer. Turn aikman off.

mraynrand
01-05-2014, 12:10 PM
Joe Buck seems to go along with whatever Aikman says.

Yes he does, John

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2013/04/16/041613-NFL-Pat-Summerall-PI-AA_2013041617145843_660_320.JPG

Pugger
01-05-2014, 12:12 PM
My problem with him and Buck is we seem to get them almost every damn week we are on FOX. :talk: I'm sick of both of 'em.

Little Whiskey
01-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Mike mayock is the announcer that irritates me most. I couldn't stand him in draft coverage let alone a playoff game. Come to think if it Mel kipper jr irks me too. Maybe it's just draft gurus.

woodbuck27
01-05-2014, 01:25 PM

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoHcOkJXq94QO4X-4Q1Ezl3TYgnc8Em5nZzacEel0QeeRtew4RUw

No NO NO !!! It can't be !!

woodbuck27
01-05-2014, 01:29 PM
My problem with him and Buck is we seem to get them almost every damn week we are on FOX. :talk: I'm sick of both of 'em.

What did troy say? Pugger ?

He loves the Green Bay Packers and Mike McCarthy and some of the Packer players ie Aaron Rodgers.

He loves the way the organization is run...Ted Thompson.

There's a whole lot of LOVE going on there.

sharpe1027
01-05-2014, 01:49 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoHcOkJXq94QO4X-4Q1Ezl3TYgnc8Em5nZzacEel0QeeRtew4RUw

No NO NO !!! It can't be !!

Aikman is extremely insightful and a joy to listen to.

woodbuck27
01-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Aikman is extremely insightful and a joy to listen to.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBnY7g2Ir9P-VV6ol7nyTBiwhsH1fnm8DooXqAxu3n_UYTPEFHLg

" Joe ... are you peeing. " Troy

Patler
01-05-2014, 02:01 PM
I have never understood the complaints against Aikman. I have always like him as an announcer and prefer him doing Packer games to most other announcers. I have never felt that he was anti-Packer. When he seems anti-Packer, it is about something that he always complains about, regardless of the team involved; at least in my opinion.

Joemailman
01-05-2014, 02:07 PM
I don't get the Aikman-hate either. I think people are over-reacting to anything negative he says about the Packers, while seemingly not hearing the positive comments.

woodbuck27
01-05-2014, 02:16 PM
I have never understood the complaints against Aikman. I have always like him as an announcer and prefer him doing Packer games to most other announcers. I have never felt that he was anti-Packer. When he seems anti-Packer, it is about something that he always complains about, regardless of the team involved; at least in my opinion.

Your correct 'of course' and it's just really now a bit of fun to me.

mraynrand
01-05-2014, 03:29 PM

This is fair. He's just nothing overly special, in my view. But he's got talent. Announcers have a tough job trying to explain enough of the game for casual viewers without oversimplifying for the devotees. And you have to speak intelligibly (that leaves out Jerry Glanville), and not too much so as not to interfere with the game. My vote for best play by play (in any sport):

Gus Johnson

Best TV analyst right now: Brian Billick (it hurts me to write that)

Patler
01-05-2014, 08:19 PM
This is fair. He's just nothing overly special, in my view. But he's got talent. Announcers have a tough job trying to explain enough of the game for casual viewers without oversimplifying for the devotees. And you have to speak intelligibly (that leaves out Jerry Glanville), and not too much so as not to interfere with the game. My vote for best play by play (in any sport):

Gus Johnson

Best TV analyst right now: Brian Billick (it hurts me to write that)

I can't stand Billick. Makes way, way too many mistakes, in my opinion.

sharpe1027
01-05-2014, 11:38 PM

For me, it is not about anti Packer. It is comments about how Cobb freelancing today was just like what he did last week on 4 the down against the Bears. Only problem was that he ran a go route last week. But Aikman has it in his head otherwise so you know it's going to be repeated at least once, and it was. Kinda like how he has to say once a game how many slant routes the Packers run. Only problem is that they cut down on the slants since the previous QB retired for the last time. Etc...

There are worse announcers, but having him for just about every game gets old.

woodbuck27
01-06-2014, 01:54 AM
For me, it is not about anti Packer. It is comments about how Cobb freelancing today was just like what he did last week on 4 the down against the Bears. Only problem was that he ran a go route last week. But Aikman has it in his head otherwise so you know it's going to be repeated at least once, and it was. Kinda like how he has to say once a game how many slant routes the Packers run. Only problem is that they cut down on the slants since the previous QB retired for the last time. Etc...

There are worse announcers, but having him for just about every game gets old.

It's really just that.

Why those fellas so often?

Zool
01-06-2014, 09:24 AM

My knock on Aikman is that he drops out the obvious cliche'd statement more often than not. That and his fairly constant references to when he played the game. No one cares what you did before Troy unless they happen to live in Dallas.

pbmax
01-06-2014, 09:26 AM
I can't stand Billick. Makes way, way too many mistakes, in my opinion.

Perhaps but I think he calls attention to this by publicly reversing himself, especially after replays show something else. Often he oversells the second opinion to his detriment (too easily swayed). But perhaps you mean player ID or something else.

My complaint about Billick is that he doesn't do enough coach stuff because when he does its pretty good.

Collingsworth and Michaels do the self correct thing differently. They often sell their initial impression hard and if replay disagrees, the walk it back step by step after each angle.

Aikman bothers me because he talks too often in generalities. Like Billick he could do better telling us what he knows. His approach to the Packers is fine. Joe Buck is annoying because everything is schtick.

Cheesehead Craig
01-06-2014, 09:32 AM
I don't mind Aikman. Buck I can do without.

The TV guys get caught up in making a point that doesn't always match up what's on the TV. It's a narrative they want to convey and thought up and have to find the best way to insert it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Dan Fouts is the best analyst out there. He jumps in and tells you why a play worked and where to look to see it. Did a fantastic job when given the chance, just got overshadowed by Dennis Miller on MNF and got associated with that debacle.