PDA

View Full Version : Favre + Driver make the top 10 QB-WR Tandems in the NFL

packers11
08-27-2006, 01:42 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0608/gallery.nfl.qbwr.tandems/content.1.html

At no.7
Brett Favre-
Donald Driver
Packers
Favre and Driver have always had a good connection. Last season was tough for both of them as the Packers fell apart, but they worked together in the offseason and looked like their old selves in preseason. As everyone knows, Favre will throw into tight quarters, so his trust in his receivers is a big part of the Green Bay offense.

Even when things were tough last year, Driver was right there to help Favre out :D

Other rankings:
10 - Eli and Burress
9 - Big Ben and Hines Ward
8 - Mcnair and Mason
7 - Favre and Driver
6 - Bledsoe and Glenn
5 - Brunell and Moss
4 - Bulger and Holt
3 - Manning and Harrison
2 - Delhomme and Smith
1 - Palmer and Chad

FritzDontBlitz
08-27-2006, 01:46 PM
going on 1 season they are listed at 7, but if you listed them according to careers they would pass everyone except peyton to marvin

BallHawk
08-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Manning to Harrison should be #1. No question.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Manning to Harrison should be #1. No question.

Agreed, I was stunned this made no sense, unless #85 paid someone off. Johson/Palmer is no comparison right now.

packers11
08-27-2006, 01:58 PM
chad is def overhyped ... If marvin talked as much as him , jeez I could only imagine.... I love the guy dont get me wrong but every week its the same talk "I cant be stopped".... Jacksonville killed him, Harris tourched him, yet he still does not want to admit he can be stopped... Everyone can be stopped at some point :D ... 21 + 31 = 85.... I like his jokes , I hope collins lights him up again, Im suprised randy is not on there hes def top 5 reciever no matter what bad qb he has with him :lol:

red
08-27-2006, 02:08 PM
manning and harrison should be #1

and why are bledsoe and glen up there that high. haven't these guys heard that theres a new #1 wr in dallas?

retailguy
08-27-2006, 02:10 PM
and why are bledsoe and glen up there that high. haven't these guys heard that theres a new #1 wr in dallas?

Reports out of Dallas say that new #1 will begin the season as a #3.... I cannot predict what the ego explosion will be, but there will be one. Of that, everyone is sure!!!

Go Parcells. I hate him, but I want to see him win this one...

red
08-27-2006, 02:30 PM
oh i would love to see that whole thing explode with the tuna and TO

it couldn't happen to a more perfect team or player IMO

i hope they both lead to the downfall of the other

BallHawk
08-27-2006, 02:36 PM

I think you'll get your wish.

GrnBay007
08-27-2006, 02:37 PM

It's a given.....just a matter of time.

Partial
08-27-2006, 02:55 PM
This is a realy, really shitty list. Harrison and Manning should be one, Johnson and Palmer two. Delhomme is not a good quarterback. He's fine at not sucking and screwing up, but he doesn't have the nads to win a game like Favre, Brady, Manning, or Palmer. I could go on but I think everyone can see plain as day how ridiculous this list is.

Partial
08-27-2006, 02:57 PM

It's already happening. The question is whether Tuna can control it or not. I think Tuna is in the wrong here, it was very obvious he is hurt. TO is a workout warrior who wants to put up big numbers this year. Without question he'd be out there is given a chance.

Tarlam!
08-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Crapo Listo.

I have no idea, but, who the hell says BF&DD are 7th?.

Hate this thread....not the person that started it, a'course!

FritzDontBlitz
08-27-2006, 04:32 PM
the so-called list was probably compiled based on last season's statistics.

red
08-27-2006, 04:43 PM

It's already happening. The question is whether Tuna can control it or not. I think Tuna is in the wrong here, it was very obvious he is hurt. TO is a workout warrior who wants to put up big numbers this year. Without question he'd be out there is given a chance.

i don't know, an mri showed absolutely no damage. and like pft said. TO missed an appointment with the trainers. seems to me if you really are hurt you would be working with those guys to try and get healthy.

i think TO is making all this up, i think he's fine and he just wants things his way(no training camp for TO). no matter how assinine they seem

Bretsky
08-27-2006, 05:51 PM
Brunnell ??

Pukesow to Sally ?

You gotta be kidding; they should be at #5

GBRulz
08-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Eli's first full season and he's already #10?

FavreChild
08-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Surprised they don't already list Bledsoe to....um....that unmentionable receiver in Dallas. The media treats him like jesus already - he shouldn't have to actually see time on the field to make the list.

And, yeah, when you've only played one year in the league, let alone only one year with a particular receiver, that hardly meets the definition of a prolific duo.

Oh well, another crappy list to give us something to bitch about.

red
08-27-2006, 10:38 PM
Surprised they don't already list Bledsoe to....um....that unmentionable receiver in Dallas. The media treats him like jesus already - he shouldn't have to actually see time on the field to make the list.

And, yeah, when you've only played one year in the league, let alone only one year with a particular receiver, that hardly meets the definition of a prolific duo.

Oh well, another crappy list to give us something to bitch about.

thats about as well put as you could ever put something