PDA

View Full Version : Fried Capers!

Rodgers12
01-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Fucking Hyde, (it's the playoffs, for fuck's sake!), but 3rd and 8 at mid-field should be the final straw for Capers.

Mel Tucker tried to bring the house last week and got burned. WTF was Capers thinking? All-out blitz? Rush 4 and spy Kaepernick with a DB!

Granted, the Packers lack playmakers on defense. That's on Ted Thompson. But it's safe to say that the defense will not be progressing much in the near future with Capers as DC.

The little Giants "retired" an OC that helped them win 2 SBs. Enough with Capers!

Fuck, bring in Jimmy Schawrtz! The Packers lack toughness and they are not very physical. Schawrtz's defenses were always tough and physical - perhaps too tough and too physical. Plus, the guy hates Harbaugh.

red
01-05-2014, 07:34 PM
on the one play at the end, we had 4 fat bodies on the d-line and they were the only pass rushers.

they didn't even get two yards off the LOS

what the hell was the point of that? our d-linemen ARE NOT PASS RUSHERS, none of them

red
01-05-2014, 07:35 PM
i will cut my balls off, wrap them in a packer shirt, drive down to green bay, and throw it and the front offices if we bring in jim schwartz

Joemailman
01-05-2014, 07:38 PM
on the one play at the end, we had 4 fat bodies on the d-line and they were the only pass rushers.

they didn't even get two yards off the LOS

what the hell was the point of that? our d-linemen ARE NOT PASS RUSHERS, none of them

It might have been because we only had 1 healthy OLB at that point.

Iron Mike
01-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Granted, the Packers lack playmakers on defense. That's on Ted Thompson.

I don't think they do......when have we felt good about the "D" since Fritz Shurmer and
4-26?

red
01-05-2014, 07:41 PM
I don't think they do......when have we felt good about the "D" since Fritz Shurmer and
4-26?

just look at how many high rounders are on that side of the ball

the talent has to be there, they can't all be flops

Rodgers12
01-05-2014, 07:49 PM
i will cut my balls off, wrap them in a packer shirt, drive down to green bay, and throw it and the front offices if we bring in jim schwartz

Schwartz may be a shitty HC but as DC, he's pretty good. Toughness and physical football are what the d needs.

red
01-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Schwartz may be a shitty HC but as DC, he's pretty good. Toughness and physical football are what the d needs.

i loathe him as a human being

i would set him on fire, just so i can stand next to him and not piss on him to put him out

hoosier
01-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Fucking Hyde, (it's the playoffs, for fuck's sake!), but 3rd and 8 at mid-field should be the final straw for Capers.

Mel Tucker tried to bring the house last week and got burned. WTF was Capers thinking? All-out blitz? Rush 4 and spy Kaepernick with a DB!

Granted, the Packers lack playmakers on defense. That's on Ted Thompson. But it's safe to say that the defense will not be progressing much in the near future with Capers as DC.

The little Giants "retired" an OC that helped them win 2 SBs. Enough with Capers!

Fuck, bring in Jimmy Schawrtz! The Packers lack toughness and they are not very physical. Schawrtz's defenses were always tough and physical - perhaps too tough and too physical. Plus, the guy hates Harbaugh.

If Jerrod Bush plays that like he's supposed to, Cap-and-neck has no where to go and it's probably a good play for the Packers. But Bush tried to be a hero and got roasted. Replacing Capers isn't going to solve the problem if your players cannot execute, and his replacement might be a whole lot worse.

Rodgers12
01-05-2014, 08:00 PM
If Jerrod Bush plays that like he's supposed to, Cap-and-neck has no where to go and it's probably a good play for the Packers. But Bush tried to be a hero and got roasted. Replacing Capers isn't going to solve the problem if your players cannot execute, and his replacement might be a whole lot worse.

Still a poor play call by Capers.

The defense has gotten worse since '10. Time to try something new.

Rodgers12
01-05-2014, 08:06 PM
i loathe him as a human being

i would set him on fire, just so i can stand next to him and not piss on him to put him out

I dunno what he is as a human being, but I do know he's a good DC. As long as he isn't engaging in any major criminal activity, I am in favor Schwartz being the Pack's next DC. He's a 4-3 coach but he can adjust.

We need players playing through injuries and striking fear in opposing offenses. Schwartz advocates toughness and physical football.

mraynrand
01-05-2014, 08:47 PM

You don't know this. Someone had to keep outside contain, and it could just as easily have been Mulumba, who crashed inside. Bring a db off the edge against Kap, and you have to have someone scrape from the inside or bring up another defender. Most likely Mulumba screwed up, but it could be the coaches or another player. Absolutely horrible execution - except for Bush, who forced Kap to pull down the pass attempt.

pittstang5
01-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Schwartz? Doesn't he run the wide 9. You think our run defense sucks now, running a wide 9 will make it even worse. I hate the wide 9.

denverYooper
01-05-2014, 08:57 PM
No to Schwartz. I'd like attitude, not idiocy.

denverYooper
01-05-2014, 08:58 PM
They can jump in on the Ray Horton sweepstakes now, though!

Carolina_Packer
01-05-2014, 08:58 PM

I agree with you on Capers, but sometimes you gotta change because doing the same thing another year is asking for the same/similar result. It's never all one person's fault, but there are examples of changes made to a defensive staff that result in quick turn-arounds with basically the same personnel (see Rob Ryan in New Orleans).

bobblehead
01-05-2014, 09:07 PM
What the heck. D wasn't near all bad today. Figure we lost our 2nd best defensive player on what, the 6th play, and Clay was already out, along with Jolly. Add in Hayward who barely saw the field all year. The D has blown many times this year, but today was actually a good effort all things considered.

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Most likely Mulumba screwed up, but it could be the coaches or another player. Absolutely horrible execution - except for Bush, who forced Kap to pull down the pass attempt.

Bush was blitzing, did his job. Mulamba was playing on an injured leg because they had nobody else active. Mulumba was in position, but was limping badly.

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2014, 09:25 PM
I'd like to see Lovie Smith as DC, but he'll probably get a better job somewhere

red
01-05-2014, 09:29 PM
I'd like to see Lovie Smith as DC, but he'll probably get a better job somewhere

he already did

he was named the head coach of tampa 2 or 3 days ago

mraynrand
01-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Bush was blitzing, did his job. Mulamba was playing on an injured leg because they had nobody else active. Mulumba was in position, but was limping badly.

Yeah, he looked horrible chasing, but he may have crashed too hard inside. Have to see what the experts say. Guy gutted it out though, gotta give him credit for that.
Kinda surprised Palmer not available. Lattimore inactive makes sense.

esoxx
01-05-2014, 10:18 PM
What the fuck is a "Fried Capers"? Like a gourmet dish or something? Sounds like steer balls sauteed in wine and a cream sauce.

Joemailman
01-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Yeah, he looked horrible chasing, but he may have crashed too hard inside. Have to see what the experts say. Guy gutted it out though, gotta give him credit for that.
Kinda surprised Palmer not available. Lattimore inactive makes sense.

All 7 D-Linemen were active. Guess they figured they'd be playing more base than usual. The injuries to Neal and Mulumba were injuries they just couldn't afford to have. But it's been that kind of year.