PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather have? Porter or Branch?

packers11
08-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Lets say we could come to an agreement with both teams.. Which one would you rather have?? I know we will not get the option but I am just curious....

Porter - 6`2 220
Branch - 5`9 193

At 5`9 I would consider branch a small reciver and watching him very often (living in NE) I would say he is good for short passes and thats about it.. He is no Javon leaping walker but he does have JETS to make up for lost height....
Porter on the other hand is a bigger reciever with slower speed but he can make some leaping catches, I think he would fit well in the WCO and Favre would have a blast with him...

Thoughts?? (dont flame, i'm just a curious person) :smile:

BallHawk
08-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Porter on potential. Branch on production.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Porter hands down.

TT will never agree on compensation though. Either scenario is pie in the sky.

I like Porter's intangibles better, his size allows Favre the flexibility he had with Walker. We already have our Branch, his name is Donald...

digitaldean
08-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Porter, but not by much.

Both have produced but lately Branch has been at a higher level.

Porter's size is what GB needs though.

red
08-27-2006, 02:06 PM
wheres the neither option?

retailguy
08-27-2006, 02:07 PM
wheres the neither option?

C'mon Red, he said don't flame him..... :wink: Just pick one, it'll be fun...

retailguy
08-27-2006, 02:07 PM
double post, sorry...

red
08-27-2006, 02:21 PM
well i don't want either one, but if i had to pick it would be porter

he's bigger

we just cut a pretty damn good wr that was aroung 5'9 because we said he was too small, even though he did everything we asked of him

retailguy
08-27-2006, 02:24 PM
we just cut a pretty damn good wr that was aroung 5'9 because we said he was too small, even though he did everything we asked of him

:shock: :shock: :shock: I was saying this the other day in another thread, and you'd think I told Harvey that chatman was HOF bound....

While I'm stunned we agree, :wink: , it is nice to know I'm not the only one that Harvey thinks is crazy.

I think Jennings will easily surpass or equal Porter in 2007 and I'm willing to wait, I agree we won't be getting either one, the price is just too high....

]{ilr]3
08-27-2006, 03:00 PM
I dont want either of them as well. But since you want me to pick I am thinking Porter would be the better choice. Based on the assumtion That I think the Raiders run a west coast offense like ours and he would be more of a plug in than Branch would be.

OS PA
08-27-2006, 03:07 PM
I'd offer Ferguson and a 4th to NE for Branch, and go into the season with a WR core that looks like this

1. Driver
2. Branch
3. Jennings
4. Gardner
5. Martin

Driver is our leaper, Branch is our burner, and Jennings is for slot first downs.
Gardner and Martin are both big targets for the endzone.

If those were our starting three opposing defenses would have to double up on coverage, the shiftyness of all three would allow Favre to pick apart zone offenses and all three have the strength to break a man to man coverage. With that many threats on the field our running option would open up even further. The best thing that can happen to our O-Line other than getting a QUALITY veteran at guard is to have our passing attack to be feared by the D.

Throw in our Tight-Ends and we've got ourselves an offense.

Tarlam!
08-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Branch plays for the Pack?

Shucks.

Homer Jay
08-27-2006, 03:14 PM
I believe if you offered Ferguson and a 4th for Branch, first NE would laugh, and then they woud hang up.

I'd be surprised if either of these guys end up on different teams.

MadtownPacker
08-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Branch cuz he has shown he can hang on to the ball in the cold (supermodel brady should be thankful).

Bretsky
08-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Porter, but not by much

Partial
08-27-2006, 06:15 PM
What's with the Porter love? What has he done ever? Nothing. Branch has put up good numbers without the aid of a Randy Moss or a Tim Brown next to him.

PackerPro42
08-27-2006, 07:01 PM
I would take Branch because he has already proven himself in high pressure games( the Super Bowl) and has even been the Super Bowl MVP. Plus I think he would fit in better in GB anyways.

Partial
08-27-2006, 07:57 PM
I would take Branch because he has already proven himself in high pressure games( the Super Bowl) and has even been the Super Bowl MVP. Plus I think he would fit in better in GB anyways.

That and he is infinitely better.

HarveyWallbangers
08-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Porter probably has more ability, but Branch is a better football player. I'd take Branch.

Bretsky
08-27-2006, 09:08 PM
What's with the Porter love? What has he done ever? Nothing. Branch has put up good numbers without the aid of a Randy Moss or a Tim Brown next to him.

This is an easy one; because he has more talent and our homerism leads us to believe we can bring the best out in every player.

I voted for Porter.

Truth be told, knowing we have Driver and Jennings Branch may be the best fit to this squad.

But I'd still love the upside of Favre to Porter.

Cheers,
B

the_idle_threat
08-27-2006, 11:37 PM
I don't like either of them, but I voted Porter because at least he'd fit in the WCO.

woodbuck27
08-28-2006, 01:03 AM
well i don't want either one, but if i had to pick it would be porter

he's bigger

Antonneeoooo....

PackerPro42
08-28-2006, 11:18 AM
I read on SI.com that the Patriots want two first round picks for Branch.

Partial
08-28-2006, 11:47 AM
I read on SI.com that the Patriots want two first round picks for Branch.

Ha! They might get a 3rd. He isn't going anywhere.