PDA

View Full Version : Packers' (WR) James Jones played with two broken ribs

woodbuck27
01-07-2014, 02:25 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/239117051.html

Packers' James Jones played with two broken ribs.

By Lori Nickel of the Journal Sentinel

Jan. 7, 2014 ... Updated: 1:08 p.m

" James Jones wants to help the community, he wants a new contract to remain in Green Bay and he wanted to win in the playoffs badly. So badly in fact he played with more than just a hurt leg.

Turns out the veteran receiver broke two ribs in the Packers game against Pittsburgh Dec. 22 and was spitting up up blood the next day. " .. Cont'd Fr. LINK **

** Please click on the LINK for this entire story.

PACKERS !

red
01-07-2014, 02:49 PM
well, at least the team has one tough player that can play with an injury, for now at least

woodbuck27
01-07-2014, 04:39 PM
well, at least the team has one tough player that can play with an injury, for now at least

I think some more of the Packers went out there suffering more than we ever will know.

GO PACKERS !

pbmax
01-07-2014, 04:42 PM
I heard somewhere that James Jones played with two broken ribs.

Patler
01-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Kind of takes the edge off being upset with him for not stretching and grabbing throws on Sunday, doesn't it?

woodbuck27
01-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Kind of takes the edge off being upset with him for not stretching and grabbing throws on Sunday, doesn't it?

No kidding.

At least he was giving it the Ole Favre try.

Patler
01-07-2014, 05:01 PM
At least he was giving it the Ole Favre try.

Troublemaker! :lol: :lol:

woodbuck27
01-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Troublemaker! :lol: :lol:

Is this better:

The Ole Favre Fake............ Out. :idea:

We've had enough upset **for a few weeks** and I don't want to cause any commotion:

** The start of FA.

mraynrand
01-07-2014, 05:05 PM

but it does beg the question of whether he should have been out there - not just from a health/safety standpoint, but from an ability standpoint.

woodbuck27
01-07-2014, 05:11 PM
but it does beg the question of whether he should have been out there - not just from a health/safety standpoint, but from an ability standpoint.

Thus the missed pass's that were really on or close to being on the $money$.

Damn some members on the game day thread we're hitting James Jones with SMACK TALK after those missed pass's.

Brandon494 was agast ! If he could have hosed those clowns I would have cheered that.

Joemailman
01-07-2014, 07:05 PM
In other news, (Evan) Dietrich-Smith uncertain of his future in Green Bay.

Bretsky
01-07-2014, 07:08 PM
JJ and Smith....we can keep them at good prices or lose them both w/o losing much. I think Boykins is a much better route runner and can still develop. We can lose Jones and draft a WR in round 3 or 4 and be fine.

Smith...below average to average center. I would probably spend the ching elsewhere

woodbuck27
01-07-2014, 07:20 PM
JJ and Smith....we can keep them at good prices or lose them both w/o losing much. I think Boykins is a much better route runner and can still develop. We can lose Jones and draft a WR in round 3 or 4 and be fine.

Smith...below average to average center. I would probably spend the ching elsewhere

Have you imagined James Jones catching Philip Rivers pass's?

Bretsky
01-07-2014, 07:36 PM
Have you imagined James Jones catching Philip Rivers pass's?

I think James Jones needs to be a #3 WR somewhere to produce a lot. In San Diego he'd probably draw the second best CB.
A few years ago I think GM's recognized this and that is why he didn't get courted much.
It would not surprise me if he comes back to GB with a similar like 3YR 9-12MIL deal
Even at that we still should consider spending that money on a starting FA safety

woodbuck27
01-07-2014, 07:48 PM
I think James Jones needs to be a #3 WR somewhere to produce a lot. In San Diego he'd probably draw the second best CB.
A few years ago I think GM's recognized this and that is why he didn't get courted much.
It would not surprise me if he comes back to GB with a similar like 3YR 9-12MIL deal
Even at that we still should consider spending that money on a starting FA safety

Yes we have to strengthen the 'D" up the middle and we need to see speed on 'D' to cover laterally and sealthe edge a lot better. Well ... seal the edge.

Every time ...I mean every single time it seems we get beat there for excess loss's... too extreme loss'd of yards.

Teams know that all they have to do is get outside and turn it up field. All day and Packers it's there outside.

That's killing us.

PACKERS !

smuggler
01-08-2014, 01:29 AM
I like James Jones. He's tough and he plays hard. However, if the price isn't right, it may be time to wish him well and look to the future. :L

run pMc
01-08-2014, 08:49 AM

Jones is a good but not great player. Knows the system, run hard after the catch, seems to drop the routine and make the circus catch. Caught a lot of TD in 2012, and played hurt for most of 2013. I'd welcome him back at 3y/9M. Agree a starting safety is needed, and given the depth at WR more pressing. If Jones leaves in FA they will need another WR though. I don't know if Jordy/Cobb/Boykin will stay healthy for 16+ games, and if Myles White/Chris Harper are the backups they need to get a lot better.

Rutnstrut
01-08-2014, 10:53 AM
I know they can't over spend on him but, it seems like they never replace the players everyone deems easily replaced.

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Jones is a good but not great player. Knows the system, run hard after the catch, seems to drop the routine and make the circus catch. Caught a lot of TD in 2012, and played hurt for most of 2013. I'd welcome him back at 3y/9M. Agree a starting safety is needed, and given the depth at WR more pressing. If Jones leaves in FA they will need another WR though. I don't know if Jordy/Cobb/Boykin will stay healthy for 16+ games, and if Myles White/Chris Harper are the backups they need to get a lot better.

If TT can't sigh James Jones I'll be disappointed because I love his attitude and leadership on the team. He's a vet now but has some more mileage in him.

I hope he loves it in Green Bay and he and TT can settle on something mutually fair.

The passing game is huge for the Packers going forward and it does appear that Jarrett Boykin will be a decent #3 and that might spell the end of a real battler at WR in Green Bay? James Jones may well for himself be moving on.

I may be cheering for James Jones in a different jersey.

PACKERS !

gbgary
01-08-2014, 11:43 AM

yup.

Kiwon
01-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Jones is the Packers' Tony Romo - The talent is there, you want to love the guy, and yet...........

Good guy, tough as we can see, good blocker, his drops have decreased...... but they still happen. It's maddening!

bobblehead
01-08-2014, 08:38 PM
I know they can't over spend on him but, it seems like they never replace the players everyone deems easily replaced.

This is a very good point. I think to replace JJ isn't as easy as everyone thinks.

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 09:10 PM
This is a very good point. I think to replace JJ isn't as easy as everyone thinks.

Aaron Rodgers will have his input on this FA. If AR wants him to remain as a WR he easily works and succeeds with he'll have another opportunity of a contract in Green Bay.

Assuming 'of course' that's James Jones primary wish/hope.

KYPack
01-08-2014, 09:54 PM
& I thought he was playing with two broken hands.

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 10:06 PM
& I thought he was playing with two broken hands.

Aaron Rodgers asked him not to reveal that KY after he went off on his ribs injury. :whaa:

Mike McCarthy begged him to keep that on the QT. :cry:

satire ThunderDan