PDA

View Full Version : Jim Schwartz

Rodgers12
01-08-2014, 01:18 AM
As head skipper of the Detriot Lions, Jim Schwartz was very arrogant. Consequently, the Lions were arrogant in victory. They were arrogant in defeat. Blinded by arrogance, Schwartz and his men acted like idiots.

Arrogance and idiocy cost the Lions down the stretch and in the clutch.

To quote Count Dracula's wife, the Countess Margot Asquith, "The first element of greatness is fundamental humbleness."

Maybe a fired Schwartz is now humbled, even if just a little.

In defense of Dom Capers, he didn't have much to work with. To be great, the 'Blitzburgh' 3-4, needs a shutdown corner, a hotshot ILB, a prima dona OLB and a mofo safety. In this day and age of free agency and the salary cap, it's rare to find a team with ALL of these players on it at the same time.

Lack of playmakers notwithstanding, Capers' defense is not very tough and it is not very physical. The defense just cannot out-tough and out-physical tough and physical offenses like those of the Giants and 49ers.

Schwartz has a reputation for preaching tough defenses that are more physical than John Holmes was in his prime.

Fire Capers. Hire Schwartz.

Schwartz runs the 4-3 but the current Packer roster has some very capable 4-3 players. The Claymaker could play the "Will" very well. Neal and Perry are made to be 4-3 ends, not 3-4 OLBs. Daniels would be an even greater force.

Raji was once compared to Warren Sapp. Time to let the beast loose. The 4-3 would allow Raji to attack the QB more furiously and not just eat offensive linemen as he does in the 3-4.

Punkish players like Worthy and Jolly would love to play for Schwartz. The Packers' DL would be as awesome as Detroit's, but smarter. The defense as a whole would be great if Ted Thompson could find a hotshot ILB and mofo safety. If not, the defense would still be tougher and more physical than it has been under Capers.

What is McCarthy waiting for?

pbmax
01-08-2014, 01:38 AM
Raji and Daniels would play the same position unless you put Raji at NT. If you do that, he is likely 2 gapping OR getting double teamed.

Smidgeon
01-08-2014, 10:10 AM
I'm imagining the uproar if GB brought Schwartz in after watching his antics in Detroit for the last five years.

red
01-08-2014, 10:14 AM
didn't you already make this thread last week

i said i would cut my balls off, wrap them in a green bay jersey, drive down to 1265 and thrown the package at TT or M3's office window, if they brought in jim schwartz

i also said, he's the type of guy that i would light on fire just so i can stand by and not piss on him to put out the flames

hoosier
01-08-2014, 10:36 AM
Raji and Daniels would play the same position unless you put Raji at NT. If you do that, he is likely 2 gapping OR getting double teamed.

So let Raji go, invest the money in Shields and then coax Charles Martin out of retirement to give Schwartz the character guy he needs at NT to make his defense go.

pbmax
01-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Middle linebacker would be a screaming need for this team to play 4-3.

The guy who always seems to get a decent result out of what he is given is Mike Zimmer, the Bengals DC. He is interviewing for HC positions so its not like he is available, but I would give a pass to letting Capers go to get him.

Guiness
01-08-2014, 11:29 AM

i said i would cut my balls off, wrap them in a green bay jersey, drive down to 1265 and thrown the package at TT or M3's office window, if they brought in jim schwartz

i also said, he's the type of guy that i would light on fire just so i can stand by and not piss on him to put out the flames

So, do you want him or not?

Pugger
01-08-2014, 01:20 PM
Schwartz for Capers?? :laugh:

mraynrand
01-08-2014, 01:40 PM
So let Raji go, invest the money in Shields and then coax Charles Martin out of retirement to give Schwartz the character guy he needs at NT to make his defense go.

You'd need pretty strong smelling salts, cuz you have to coax him out of the grave.

MadtownPacker
01-08-2014, 02:18 PM
I'm imagining the uproar if GB brought Schwartz in after watching his antics in Detroit for the last five years.
Can't be any worse than the uproar of getting bounced from the playoffs at home.

I say do it.

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Schwartz for Capers?? :laugh:

** Why not go with DOM CAPERS "OUTSTANDING FOOTBALL COACH"... Mike McCarthy ...as the Green Bay Packers Head Coach. They must be keeping him around for some reason.

** Demote Mike McCarthy to ST's Coach but to make him feel important give him a dollar raise; change his Job Title to Special Teams Head Co-Ordinator. Let's keep Mike McCarthy smiling...add for him a corner office with more windows that Shawn Slocum has so he can concentrate more on his day dreaming.

** Hire Jim Schwartz as the Packers DC to "light a fire" under the defense's ass.

Note:

Make sure that the Packers OC can call the plays because MM sure has/had difficulty doing that and we don't want another repeat of that slip-up or task as any distraction for DOM CAPERS ... who's ... may I not be remiss by reminding y'all... "AN OUTSTANDING FOOTBALL COACH" Mike McCarthy; and as a result risk Dom Capers failing to concentrate on managing the defensive side of the ball with Jim Schwartz during Packer games. Dom LOVES a SOLID DEFENSE.

Dom Capers works his tail off as the Packers DC and he's getting older and deserves a rest as the Packer HC. A job that as a job description mostly calls for a lot of denial skills and "NO" and/or "NOT Going There" responses to the press/media.

Assign ST Coach Shawn Slocum to be Ted Thompson's Special Assistant in charge of ensuring that TT gets some sun every week. He'll also be great for Ted when he's in a mood for reminiscing about the fun and times at TEXAS A & M. Every Thursday they can wear Levi jeans and their Texas A & M Football Jerseys. Cowboy hats optional.

I LOVE IT WHEN EVERYONE IS HAPPY. :grin:

How's that work for "YOU' Pugger?? I aim to please...always with a good/solid suggestion.

Any help is always appreciated. Thanks.

GO GO GO PACK GOOO !

ThunderDan
01-08-2014, 03:04 PM
So if Dom gets fired and James Jones gets resigned can we make fun of you or are you going to deny ever making these posts?

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 03:29 PM
So if Dom gets fired and James Jones gets resigned can we make fun of you or are you going to deny ever making these posts?

Holy Cow sonny ... lighten up. :lol: X a lot.

You have so much to learn and I hope you have people that care about you and that.

Seems as if you have a ways to go and I'm on your side ThunderDan.

Baaziiinnnggaahhh !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_humour

Satire is arguably the primary characteristic of Canadian humour.

Rodgers12
01-08-2014, 03:58 PM

I don't think you would b/c if you do part 1 you would not have the balls to do part 2. :)

It was not too long ago that Schwartz coordinated a Titan defense that started the season 10-0 and allowed 20+ points only once during that streak. The guy also got his start with Belichick so he's familiar with the 3-4.

Rumors are saying Schwartz is expected to the next Cleveland Browns D-C.

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 04:05 PM

Now specific to your post and as usual your ability for a misinterpretation. Your certainly consistent with that paint brush Eh sonny !?

Where do I post that DOM CAPERS will get FIRED!???

Line up those posts ThunderDan. Load up with all those posts where I go there. Look hard for them Mate.

On James Jones.

I won't be pleased if he leaves in FA but life for him will be obviously then better. I'll celebrate that as I admire James Jones. I'll wish hima sincere "All The BEST !". This man has been a good Green Bay Packer.

I have posted that if he does go elsewhere that it could possibly be to San Diego or back home. A member here felt he might if gone land elsewhere.

I'm hoping bottom line that James Jones will make himself even more at home for his next contract in Green Bay.

I trust my position with you is clear.

If not what do you need to get there ThunderDan. I mean within reason. Not something immature or foolish.

Am I clear...a zero response will be taken as " That's a YES ! "

Have a lovely day/evening... LIFE ! :?

GO PACKERS !

Rodgers12
01-08-2014, 04:07 PM
** Why not go with DOM CAPERS "OUTSTANDING FOOTBALL COACH"... Mike McCarthy ...as the Green Bay Packers Head Coach. They must be keeping him around for some reason.

** Demote Mike McCarthy to ST's Coach but to make him feel important give him a dollar raise; change his Job Title to Special Teams Head Co-Ordinator. Let's keep Mike McCarthy smiling...add for him a corner office with more windows that Shawn Slocum has so he can concentrate more on his day dreaming.

** Hire Jim Schwartz as the Packers DC to "light a fire" under the defense's ass.

Note:

Make sure that the Packers OC can call the plays because MM sure has/had difficulty doing that and we don't want another repeat of that slip-up or task as any distraction for DOM CAPERS ... who's ... may I not be remiss by reminding y'all... "AN OUTSTANDING FOOTBALL COACH" Mike McCarthy; and as a result risk Dom Capers failing to concentrate on managing the defensive side of the ball with Jim Schwartz during Packer games. Dom LOVES a SOLID DEFENSE.

Dom Capers works his tail off as the Packers DC and he's getting older and deserves a rest as the Packer HC. A job that as a job description mostly calls for a lot of denial skills and "NO" and/or "NOT Going There" responses to the press/media.

Assign ST Coach Shawn Slocum to be Ted Thompson's Special Assistant in charge of ensuring that TT gets some sun every week. He'll also be great for Ted when he's in a mood for reminiscing about the fun and times at TEXAS A & M. Every Thursday they can wear Levi jeans and their Texas A & M Football Jerseys. Cowboy hats optional.

I LOVE IT WHEN EVERYONE IS HAPPY. :grin:

How's that work for "YOU' Pugger?? I aim to please...always with a good/solid suggestion.

Any help is always appreciated. Thanks.

GO GO GO PACK GOOO !

lol :mrgreen:

hoosier
01-08-2014, 04:18 PM
You'd need pretty strong smelling salts, cuz you have to coax him out of the grave.

I forgot he was no longer among the living. Well, he pretty much dug his own grave, he should be able to dig his way out. Then they can give him #92.

bobblehead
01-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Ok, the fact that this ridiculous thread got as much attention as it has tells me its the offseason.

denverYooper
01-08-2014, 04:43 PM
Ok, the fact that this ridiculous thread got as much attention as it has tells me its the offseason.

Gotta do something while we're waiting for heads to roll and big name FAs to be signed.

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 05:26 PM
I don't think you would b/c if you do part 1 you would not have the balls to do part 2. :)

It was not too long ago that Schwartz coordinated a Titan defense that started the season 10-0 and allowed 20+ points only once during that streak. The guy also got his start with Belichick so he's familiar with the 3-4.

Rumors are saying Schwartz is expected to the next Cleveland Browns D-C.

Just a wee bit.

I have to consult with the Big Book on Family Health and the Anatomy to understand your "balls" position/argument.

Just for a bit there I had to re-check who's posting.

It seemed more like a SkinBasket offering. . . . but I'm now realizing that he doesn't have carte blanche and all thing sexual anatomy.

It's comforting to know that I'm on a forum with such expertise.

smuggler
01-08-2014, 08:08 PM
I'm kind of tired of the "motivator" football coach we have in McCarthy. I prefer an intellectual/schemer type coach. That guy, sadly, doesn't seem to exist at the moment.

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 08:24 PM
I'm kind of tired of the "motivator" football coach we have in McCarthy. I prefer an intellectual/schemer type coach. That guy, sadly, doesn't seem to exist at the moment.

I want a HC that delivers on:

" I'm going to see the job through and there is but one objective and that's all

focused on WINS!...WINNING !"

" LOSING and any lack of support for NOT WINNING is intolerable to me."

mraynrand
01-08-2014, 10:01 PM

do you honestly think McCarthy can't scheme an offense? I can only believe that Packerfan is so spoiled as to be completely blinded to what the Packers have done the past 8 years

Kiwon
01-08-2014, 11:53 PM
Schwartz for Capers?

Can you imagine the recriminations if things on the D-side got worse and/or Schwartz starts going off-script with the press?

No, thank you! He ain't 'Packer people.'

smuggler
01-09-2014, 12:08 AM
He's good, but not great. He's a meathead first and foremost. Let us not forget the 'pigfucker' story.

Rodgers12
01-09-2014, 12:17 AM

As I've stated previously, there are three types of coaches. I know this because I play Madden.

Disciplinarian (Example: Bill Belichick)

Motivator (Example: Mike Tomlin)

Strategist (Example: Sean Payton)

Not saying coaches can't mix and match types, but I do think McCarthy is more of a strategist than a motivator. Problem is, McCarthy's strategy is starting to become predictable. Stubby is too stubborn to implant and execute new kung fus.

Rodgers12
01-09-2014, 12:19 AM
do you honestly think McCarthy can't scheme an offense? I can only believe that Packerfan is so spoiled as to be completely blinded to what the Packers have done the past 8 years

So Rand, what's the words out of Cleveland? Are the Browns actually gonna hire Schwartz?

Rodgers12
01-09-2014, 12:26 AM
Schwartz for Capers?

Can you imagine the recriminations if things on the D-side got worse and/or Schwartz starts going off-script with the press?

No, thank you! He ain't 'Packer people.'

Just b/c a player or coach is not a "Packer People" doesn't mean the Packers should avoid acquiring such individual at all cost.

Jolly isn't Packer People. Koran Robinson wasn't Packer People. Randy Moss should've been acquired in 2007.

Any assistant coach knows that the head skipper runs the show. Even a guy with a very large ego in Rex Ryan never went off-script when he was an assistant.

Bretsky
01-09-2014, 12:53 AM
As I've stated previously, there are three types of coaches. I know this because I play Madden.

Disciplinarian (Example: Bill Belichick)

Motivator (Example: Mike Tomlin)

Strategist (Example: Sean Payton)

Not saying coaches can't mix and match types, but I do think McCarthy is more of a strategist than a motivator. Problem is, McCarthy's strategy is starting to become predictable. Stubby is too stubborn to implant and execute new kung fus.

I think Payton may be motivator and strategist

I think he's outstanding

Kiwon
01-09-2014, 01:25 AM
Just b/c a player or coach is not a "Packer People" doesn't mean the Packers should avoid acquiring such individual at all cost.

Jolly isn't Packer People. Koran Robinson wasn't Packer People. Randy Moss should've been acquired in 2007.

Any assistant coach knows that the head skipper runs the show. Even a guy with a very large ego in Rex Ryan never went off-script when he was an assistant.

"Packer People" is McCarthy's term speaking about the types of players he wanted on the roster.

Jolly and Robinson certainly were 'Packer People' because they made the roster, two times in Jolly's case.

Packer fan-mooning, Mr. "I play when I want to play" Randy Moss, would have been a disaster in Green Bay. He didn't belong no matter how much Favre wanted him.

I'm not sure Sexy Rexy always stayed on script or not. He did release some pent-up stress trolling around fetish websites looking for strangers to suck his wife's toes. I'm not sure he'd make McCarthy's 'Packer People' cut or not.