PDA

View Full Version : Other Team's Free Agent Watch

Smeefers
01-08-2014, 09:03 AM
So we have a pack Free Agent watch, might as well put down one who we hope to get -- knowing that there's a snowball's chance in hell of getting them.

I heard the local radio guy talking about Brian Orakpo being a FA. Talk about a nice addition. Get rid of Raji and give him his cash. Suddenly our LB Core is strong. It fixes one of our worst positions. Ahh... to dream.

Jarius Bird and TJ Ward are open at the safety position.

There's some good OT's out there too.

http://nfltraderumors.co/2014-nfl-free-agents-top-50-list/

denverYooper
01-08-2014, 09:04 AM
Chris Clemons might be an interesting FA Safety. That's more of a TT move, if there is one -- not a big name but he had a solid season.

From PFF's FA tracker (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/01/2014-free-agent-safeties/):

T.J. Ward 27 CLV UFA 14.5 1124
Donte Whitner 29 SF UFA 11.5 1033
Jairus Byrd 27 BUF UFA 9.9 646
James Ihedigbo 30 BLT UFA 4.7 1098
Chris Clemons 28 MIA UFA 4.1 1158

bobblehead
01-08-2014, 09:17 AM
Malcolm Jenkins is rated 100. He was drafted as a corner and converted. I thought he was doing well as a safety, yet he is rated pretty low. Was I wrong?

bobblehead
01-08-2014, 09:20 AM
Incidentally they don't rate BJ Raji in the top 100 that I can find.

red
01-08-2014, 10:08 AM
Incidentally they don't rate BJ Raji in the top 100 that I can find.

a few FA ranking things that i found don't rank raji anywhere either

in one site he didn't even make honorable mention for d-linemen, and they listed like 20 linemen

i guess when you don't do shit for 2 or 3 seasons people start to pay attention, or not pay attention

denverYooper
01-08-2014, 10:19 AM
a few FA ranking things that i found don't rank raji anywhere either

in one site he didn't even make honorable mention for d-linemen, and they listed like 20 linemen

i guess when you don't do shit for 2 or 3 seasons people start to pay attention, or not pay attention

He's ranked 2nd to last on PFF's Free Agent tracker.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-08-2014, 10:47 AM

So who the hell will give him the big bucks?

QBME
01-08-2014, 10:51 AM

Just to clarify - that puts Raji 54th out of 55.

pbmax
01-08-2014, 10:53 AM

Teams that want a disruptive tackle they can cut loose with some pass rush. Any Jeff Fisher defense would take him I bet, without thinking too hard about scheme beyond an aggressive front in a 4-3.

I think either Ryan brother would take him.

Guiness
01-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Teams that want a disruptive tackle they can cut loose with some pass rush. Any Jeff Fisher defense would take him I bet, without thinking too hard about scheme beyond an aggressive front in a 4-3.

I think either Ryan brother would take him.

Yes, he has a place and may do well as a situational player in a scheme that fits him, but his desire for an $8M+ payday is a pipe dream. Part time player though...long fall for a guy that played about 80% of the snaps a couple of years ago?

Guiness
01-08-2014, 11:59 AM
Crazy that Graham is on that list. I can't see him hitting the open market, but the Saints are hard up against the cap. They'll have to do some fancy work to fit him. I assume they can franchise him? I also assume he's got a better shot at demanding the WR tag than the other TEs that have tried (and failed) before him.

Jared Allen is not getting much respect, and I can't see why...I thought he had a good season? Age doesn't seem to be a factor with him yet.

Some OL on the list, but I just don't see that happening. Bak did ok at a rookie at LT, and if Bulaga isn't ready I bet they go with Barclay again. Sherrod is a wild card but something tells me that ship has sailed. Sure would like to be wrong though.

red
01-08-2014, 12:01 PM

probably TT