PDA

View Full Version : M3 Season-Ending Presser

denverYooper
01-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 3m
MM: We have a lot of work to do. Day 3 of evaluation process. Monday and Tuesday, exit interviews with all players. Into staff evaluation.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 2m
MM: Will get into staff evaluations and push thru that, very comprehensive time. Lot of things said last few days, emotional.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 3m
MM: Lot of information comes out during tough times -- this year during that stretch of losing games.

MM: When adversity hits, people go one way or the other, lot of it good, some not so good. Everybody has to buy into program.

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 3m
MM: It didn't feel like 2010 to me at all this year. Every year is different.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 3m
McCarthy: You have to stay on top of your culture. Culture never stays the same -- it goes one way or another.

MM: Was really impressed with our young players, conversation that went on this week. Way they've grown.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 3m
MM: Culture moving target. Never stays same. Impressed with young players, conversations with them, how they've grown.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 3m
McCarthy on Capers: "Once again, we're not even 72 hours away from the game. Dom Capers is an OUTSTANDING FOOTBALL COACH."

MM: Dom Capers is outstanding football coach. No one will be evaluated today. Not going into this thing looking to make big changes.

MM: Things you like about program, and things you don't like or need to get better. With those areas we will change and adjust.

MM: I'm glad Capers is on our staff. Will evaluate staff in next couple weeks.

MM: I think we have very talented coaching staff, would anticipate interest in Ben McAdoo (and others). Think the world of Ben.

Pat Mayo-ABC ‏@patmayo 3m
Usually Russ Ball and Jerry Parins attend the McCarthy season ender. Not today.

MM: Lot of opinions, lot of emotion involved, especially when you sit down and talk to players soon after season

MM: It's important to go back and take emotion out of it, clear thinking, make sure we're in line with personnel department.

MM: Aaron Rodgers is arguably best player in NFL. Too reliant? Depends on how you look at it. Does he make difference? Absolutely.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2m
McCarthy on losing Rodgers: Clearly it makes a difference when he plays. ...How many teams play with 4 QB and win a division championship?

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2m
McCarthy on if he learned anything on why injuries decimated team for third time in four years: "No."

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 1m
MM: Statistics are for losers, even positive ones. You have to look inside stats, make sure you have clear understanding.

MM: It's challenge to deal with injuries. I'm proud of team. We didn't get goal, not happy about that. Must find better way to keep healthy.

MM: I'm not fan of offseason program (since new CBA). Doesn't give young player full opp to get ready.

Pat Mayo-ABC ‏@patmayo 1m
I literally just pulled my hamstring listening to McCarthy talk about injuries

MM: Stress points of developing football team in offseason has changed. We all havve to go thru it. Must find better training regimen.

MM: Wasn't real happy with our football team coming out of training camp. We had guys hurt, were not hitting on all cylinders.

Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 1m
McCarthy on losing to 49ers again: "One common thread is we haven't stopped their quarterback (Colin Kaepernick)." #Packers

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 58s
MM: We're divisioin champs, we have work to do, there will be change on our team, average is 25% turnover, that will be no different.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1m
MM: no update on Finley. Talked to Jolly on Monday and getting second opinion.

Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 1m
McCarthy: Johnny Jolly was going to seek a second medical opinion about whether he'll need surgery for his neck injury. #Packers

MM: I thought combo of Lacy and Starks was as good as we've ever had, wish we had Franklin also for full season.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 43s
MM: Talking with players, some of them have opinions about having more impact players. We need more players making plays.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 35s
MM on secondary: Some players have opinions about needing more impact players.

Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 34s
McCarthy asked about needing playmaking safety: "We need more impact players. We need more players making plays." #Packers

MM: Not ready to give personal evaluation on anybody. Burnett is what you want from ability. He has room to improve.

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 47s
MM on evaluating himself: That's probably a question for Ted. I didn't win the last game, I didn't do a good enough job.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 47s
MM: This year seemed like it never stopped. Special teams extremely challenged with all the change there.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 35s
MM: I don't think you can ask for more than what Bakhtiari gave us this year. Sitton did excellent job with David on left side.

Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 3m
McCarthy: "Told Sherrod and Bulaga, as soon as we decide about positions, I'd get back to them. Don't have an answer right now." #Packers

denverYooper
01-08-2014, 11:31 AM
MM: First and goal call at 9-yard line using Cobb, got right defense, Cobb runs that play well, solid call, mistake made by run block unit.

MM: On 49ers' final winning drive, two third downs is what you look back on, huge plays.

MM: I think it could have been one of best teams, felt this was going to be best offense we ever had here.

MM: We really hit our stride in first Vikings game, felt good about offense, which could have surpassed 2011. Defense also playing well.

MM: Hayward frustrated with way his season went. He's a playmaker, didn't play for us, look for him to get healthy.

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 2m
MM on are you built to win late in the year: "Hell yeah."

denverYooper
01-08-2014, 11:35 AM
He didn't really give up all that much, but it'll take a week or two to FIRE SLOCUM!

denverYooper
01-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Also, it sounds like a lot of players and M3 were unhappy with the safeties.

pbmax
01-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 11m
MM: First and goal call at 9-yard line using Cobb, got right defense, Cobb runs that play well, solid call, mistake made by run block unit.

That's an understatement. At no point did that play look about to work.

Freak Out
01-08-2014, 11:41 AM

No doubt...SF just destroyed them.

red
01-08-2014, 11:52 AM
sounds to me like he's all about the "injury card"

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 12:12 PM
He didn't really give up all that much, but it'll take a week or two to FIRE SLOCUM!

" He didn't really give up all that much, " denverYooper

He gave up over the top too much that spells out clearly these two words:

bull and shit put them together and you get a whole sack of Mike McCarthy bullshit.

I love how he ducks the important questions RE: Three seasons straight of over the top too many injuries with his know nothing "NO" response. This fella takes the cake.

It's "just beautiful" the way he slides in with a self back slap and credit to cover his boss's ass and just how well the Packers did making the playoffs using four (4) QBs.

His LOVE of DOM CAPERS DC " Par Excellense " informs you 'only' that MM can't FIRE Dom Capers. That doesn't mean that Dom Capers will be our DC next season. Does anyone know of the status of his contract? Behind closed doors he may be asked to retire.

I have to eat lunch and I'll look at these Twitter releases again later. Back to more of his little nothings.

Just 'in case' your wondering if I'm a fan of his. MM continues to disappoint me. I'm not surprized. :lol:

RE: Shawn Slocum. What's MM going to do with Slocum!? :

Fire an arm here and then a day or so later a leg...another day and an arm is outta here; maybe around days 9 to 12 MM gets his ass out of Green Bay forever!?

MM isn't doing a thing. Shawn Slocum has a strong Texas A& M connection.

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 12:16 PM

Sounds like nothing red:

Mike McCarthy is all clearly about BULLSHIT !

Teamcheez1
01-08-2014, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't have expected him to say much at this press conference. It's not professional to air your dirty laundry to the press.

Although, I agree with most of you, MM is having difficulty seeing the same problems we do.

channtheman
01-08-2014, 12:44 PM

Unfortunately, I think you are right. Sounds like Slocum will continue to be nearly the worst coach at his position for the Packers. (It's because of injuries that he's so bad, of course.)

denverYooper
01-08-2014, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't have expected him to say much at this press conference. It's not professional to air your dirty laundry to the press.

Although, I agree with most of you, MM is having difficulty seeing the same problems we do.

Yeah, if they only listened to us...

Pugger
01-08-2014, 01:00 PM

If he isn't going to air dirty laundry to the press how do you conclude he is having difficulty seeing our problems?

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-08-2014, 01:03 PM
I HOPE it is just not airing dirty laundry, cause if it ain't, his responses seem to indicate his blinders have gotten even bigger and more entrenched. Does not bode well for the changes we need as a team to take the next step. And for every year we see this, is one more year toward the end of the Rogers window, and a return to the horseshit decades.

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 01:05 PM
Yeah, if they only listened to us...

I'm taking that as sarcasm and therefore responding thus or in the totally opposite direction:

Let's all keep on believing and going with "blind faith"; because we're simply just a bunch of really ignorant of football football fans. Duhhhh !

Let's all buy right. All pushed forward all our chips ..Yup go all in with that pair of Jacks.

Wash it all down substituting "the Kool Aid that some drink here"; and almost insist on serving here ! With a more lethal punch made of "Kool Aid laced with cyanide".

Since when should the blind make us all blind?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 01:14 PM
If he isn't going to air dirty laundry to the press how do you conclude he is having difficulty seeing our problems?

So is it simply your position that Mike McCarthy is a terrific bull shitter?

In a possibly more accurate or clearly focused way. A deceiver or worse ... liar?

Pugger
01-08-2014, 01:17 PM
So is it simply your position that Mike McCarthy is a terrific bull shitter?

In a nicer or possibly more accurate way. A fricken lier?

I wouldn't expect MM to throw any of his charges under the bus in public. It isn't something a coach should do. If you want to call that being a bull shitter or a liar, be my guest.

mraynrand
01-08-2014, 01:29 PM

EDS was supposed to block the LB who got Cobb. Play shoulda gained 5 at least.

mraynrand
01-08-2014, 01:30 PM
I HOPE it is just not airing dirty laundry, cause if it ain't, his responses seem to indicate his blinders have gotten even bigger and more entrenched. Does not bode well for the changes we need as a team to take the next step. And for every year we see this, is one more year toward the end of the Rogers window, and a return to the horseshit decades.

He spoke in generalities. Need more impact players, need more players to make plays. You don't need to dog pile on a specific players, coaches, or the GM to know what that means, that it implicates the whole organization.

hoosier
01-08-2014, 01:37 PM
Here are the first comments per JSO:
Not going to get into specifics. But when adversity hits some go one way or the other. It's about the program. Everybody has to buy into program and when do that you get through. But things also show up you didn't know were there. People say this felt like 2010. Didn't feel like 2010 to me at all. This year was different. Important to stay on top of your culture. Really impressed with our young players.

There is not a huge difference but the JSO version does highlight his rebuttal of the 2010 analogy. Why was 2013 nothing like 2010? Probably because MM thinks certain players went "one way" rather than "another way" when adversity hit, meaning they didn't rise to the occasion but went into the tank. Which gets me wondering if it is possible for the naked eye to detect who went into the tank after ARod went down. Given its mid-season problems, the defense would seem like a likely place to start. Raji? The safeties? (But they were already worthless before Rodgers got hurt.) Any other bright ideas?

MadScientist
01-08-2014, 01:42 PM

Failure is the standard for the Packers run block eunuch. Either TT sucks and picking OL, or Campen sucks donkey balls as OL coach, or possibly both.

pbmax
01-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Here are the first comments per JSO:

There is not a huge difference but the JSO version does highlight his rebuttal of the 2010 analogy. Why was 2013 nothing like 2010? Probably because MM thinks certain players went "one way" rather than "another way" when adversity hit, meaning they didn't rise to the occasion but went into the tank. Which gets me wondering if it is possible for the naked eye to detect who went into the tank after ARod went down. Given its mid-season problems, the defense would seem like a likely place to start. Raji? The safeties? (But they were already worthless before Rodgers got hurt.) Any other bright ideas?

He said at some other point he was surprised by some of the things adversity revealed and they were not all positive.

Might tie into Jones comments about people playing with their own agenda.

denverYooper
01-08-2014, 02:18 PM
I'm taking that as sarcasm and therefore responding thus or in the totally opposite direction:

Let's all keep on believing and going with "blind faith"; because we're simply just a bunch of really ignorant of football football fans. Duhhhh !

Let's all buy right. All pushed forward all our chips ..Yup go all in with that pair of Jacks.

Wash it all down substituting "the Kool Aid that some drink here"; and almost insist on serving here ! With a more lethal punch made of "Kool Aid laced with cyanide".

Since when should the blind make us all blind?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

Tilting at windmills again?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 02:22 PM
From a denverYooper post above:

MM: When adversity hits, people go one way or the other, lot of it good, some not so good. Everybody has to buy into program.

** Any Locker Room issues Mike?

MM: Lot of information comes out during tough times -- this year during that stretch of losing games.

** Is all that a closely guarded secret Mike? If so how will us fans know your aware of the negatives and have reacted to correct those negatives?

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 3m
MM: It didn't feel like 2010 to me at all this year. Every year is different.

** Gee Mike!? You sure fooled a lot of Packer fans. Some of those right here on Packerrats. Shame all of us.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 3m
McCarthy on Capers: "Once again, we're not even 72 hours away from the game. Dom Capers is an OUTSTANDING FOOTBALL COACH."

There's Mike McCarthy demonstrating his Irish and getting a tad defensive right there Packerrats. :duel:

** Announcing as the Packer DC for the next season. 2014 Season Version of DC DOM CAPERS ! Bigger and better that ever. Why!? Because Mike McCarthy informs us bluntly that Dom Capers is wait till I check.ahh yes..wait..OK we're informed that Dom's an OUTSTANDING FOOTBALL COACH. Great Mike so would he make a good Green Bay Packer Head Coach?

A Packer fan fights back. :duel:

I'm positive I'll eventually win this duel. That's NOT arrogance that's a fact. Count on it !

MM: Dom Capers is outstanding football coach. No one will be evaluated today. Not going into this thing looking to make big changes.

** Should any Packer fan be surprized?

MM: Things you like about program, and things you don't like or need to get better. With those areas we will change and adjust.

** Ohh Great Mikey ! When will that policy become effective Mike? In the 2015 Season when Packer Nation is screaming for your ass in a sling out of Green Bay?

MM: Lot of opinions, lot of emotion involved, especially when you sit down and talk to players soon after season.

** Well imagine that !! I wish I could talk with you Mike.

MM: It's important to go back and take emotion out of it, clear thinking, make sure we're in line with personnel department.

** Feeling a little HEAT Mike?

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2m
McCarthy on if he learned anything on why injuries decimated team for third time in four years: "No."

** That's your BEST response to that very important question Mike?

All you've got there is a ... "no"!???? Way too many questions and that ! Holy fried up Jack Shit. Shove that between two pieces of rye and enjoy. Grab a glass of that Kool Aid to help choke it down. Get it down without regurgitating it.

MM: Statistics are for losers, even positive ones. You have to look inside stats, make sure you have clear understanding.

** Mike ! When might we 'the fan (s) expect that you'll get there? You know in regards to "clear" understanding?? I'm all ears Mike ! What do you have on that today?

MM: It's challenge to deal with injuries. I'm proud of team. We didn't get goal, not happy about that. Must find better way to keep healthy.

**Ahh Mike the pressure (stress) of that question. It's got to be rough. So tell us Mike. When you were informing Packer Natonn ... 1-2-3 seasons ago that that question of over the top injuries would be addressed in the off season did you get side tracked? Did that get shoved down your " REALLY IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO " list?

Pat Mayo-ABC ‏@patmayo 1m
I literally just pulled my hamstring listening to McCarthy talk about injuries.

** Is that funny? Is that funny? Is that funny? I'm guessing you had to be there and so many havn't been this season.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 43s
MM: Talking with players, some of them have opinions about having more impact players. We need more players making plays.

** Hey Mike was that a brain shot revelation? Weren't you aware of that and communicating that to Ted Thompson and if so why didn't Ted Thompson respond with positive rsults back to "YOU". Eh Mike...Eh!?

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 47s
MM: This year seemed like it never stopped. Special teams extremely challenged with all the change there.

Then Mike? YOU ABSOLUTELY STILL LOVE Shawn Slocum as the ongoing ST Coach? Ahh Mike, don't even answer that. We get it Mike.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 58s
MM: We're divisioin champs, we have work to do, there will be change on our team, average is 25% turnover, that will be no different.

Ohh sure Mike but you HC of a team that is 1-3 in the playoffs over the past three seasons; and your team one and out in the playoffs the last two seasons with as "YOU" inform us ... arguably the BEST PLAYER in Aaron Rodgers in the NFL? Yet your HC of a team that's an easy touch to toss to the side in the post season?

What do you say about that Mike?

Why do I do this?

Because I love the Green Bay Packers !

Because I Can't Stand Bullshit !

GO PACKERS!....GO PACK GO !

Striker
01-08-2014, 02:25 PM
While I doubt he'll fire many assistants (if any), he was just as non-committal post 2008 season when they canned Sanders.

denverYooper
01-08-2014, 02:30 PM
He said at some other point he was surprised by some of the things adversity revealed and they were not all positive.

I forgot about Jones's comments. It sure sounds like there was a faction that was vocal about mailing it in until next year or just playing to get theirs. Given that position group guys know the most about their own...

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 02:41 PM
I forgot about Jones's comments. It sure sounds like there was a faction that was vocal about mailing it in until next year or just playing to get theirs.

Good book ... interesting characters.

The DRAMA of life = The Green Bay Packers.

Right Now !!

hoosier
01-08-2014, 02:56 PM

The odd thing about it is, if this points to who I think it does, individual production this year was not what you would expect from someone who was prioritizing his own interests over the team's.

ThunderDan
01-08-2014, 03:01 PM
I guess I don't understand what MM "owes" us as fans. He reports to TT and that is all.

That MM doesn't go into specifics or is firing anyone today is the action of a good coach.

MM and TT will sit down and evaluate every game, every player and every coach. To expect to have all of that done in 3 days after the season is ridiculous.

In a few weeks expect that announcements on the coaching staff will be made.

denverYooper
01-08-2014, 03:10 PM
The odd thing about it is, if this points to who I think it does, individual production this year was not what you would expect from someone who was prioritizing his own interests over the team's.

Maybe his agent told him that he's got interest from teams very interested in using his skillset the right way.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-08-2014, 03:16 PM
I guess I don't understand what MM "owes" us as fans. He reports to TT and that is all.

That MM doesn't go into specifics or is firing anyone today is the action of a good coach.

MM and TT will sit down and evaluate every game, every player and every coach. To expect to have all of that done in 3 days after the season is ridiculous.

Not sure I was expecting all the answers today, but I would rather he come out and just say he will be evaluating everybody, period, rather than defending certain coaches and/or players.

ThunderDan
01-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Not sure I was expecting all the answers today, but I would rather he come out and just say he will be evaluating everybody, period, rather than defending certain coaches and/or players.

I think the defending is the loyalty coming out of him.

TT and MM understand that if you lose in the NFL you are gone. They will do a thorough evaluation of everyone and everything. At that point they will make the needed decisions once the emotions of loosing to SF again and getting bumped out of the playoffs are over.

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 03:25 PM

Thank You for that 'INSIDE' from 1265 Lombardi Avenue Green Bay, WI.

As a Packerrat and Green Bay Packer fan I sure appreciate it.

PACKERS !

mraynrand
01-08-2014, 03:35 PM

MM talked about it when it happened. It was the defense falling flat on it's face in late drives after Rodgers was out. That was ugly stuff. Chicago, Minnesota, Giants, Philly all were pretty bad

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 03:38 PM

To each...his own.

red
01-08-2014, 03:39 PM
While I doubt he'll fire many assistants (if any), he was just as non-committal post 2008 season when they canned Sanders.

when M3 wanted to keep sanders because he thought he was a top tier coach, but TT knew the guy was shit and forced M3 to fire him?

MadScientist
01-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Thank You for that 'INSIDE' from 1265 Lombardi Avenue Green Bay, WI.

As a Packerrat and Green Bay Packer fan I sure appreciate it.

PACKERS !

Not much inside info needed, most of the comments were in the presser:

MM: We have a lot of work to do. Day 3 of evaluation process. Monday and Tuesday, exit interviews with all players. Into staff evaluation.
MM: I'm glad Capers is on our staff. Will evaluate staff in next couple weeks.

Still if big firings were coming, i would expect them to happen sooner rather than in a few weeks, so the process of finding a replacement could get started quicker. I'm still holding out hope for Campen to get the axe.

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 03:47 PM
I think the defending is the loyalty coming out of him.

TT and MM understand that if you lose in the NFL you are gone. They will do a thorough evaluation of everyone and everything. At that point they will make the needed decisions once the emotions of loosing to SF again and getting bumped out of the playoffs are over.

" I think the defending is the loyalty coming out of him." ThunderDan

I believe that defending as we are now observing Mike McCarthy do is .... "DEFENSIVE".

This isn't my first rodeo. I've been down this rocky road way too many times for you at you age to fully understand or appreciate.

Mark these words from Ole woodbuck27:

If you some time soon, decide to strap yourself in and open your mind, you might even get there.

It's rather important to pay attention. An Older Gentleman most assuredly has his wisdom.

GO PACK GO !

red
01-08-2014, 03:48 PM

because we're the ones that give them all the massive amounts of money. we "the fans" pay the ticket prices, we "the fans" are the ones that are bombarded with ads allowing networks to give the huge amounts of money to all these asshole.

they make their money because of us "the fans". and without us, they are a bunch a blue color nobodies making 30,000 a year

they are monkey's that dance for our entertainment

and you're damn right we have a fucking right to know why all our time and money was wasted, and we have a right to know just what direction this team is going in so we can decide if the team is worth wasting on time and money on in the future

if these "clowns" don't do everything in their power to maximize our enjoyment, then they need to be replaced with someone who can, or at least will try his best

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Not much inside info needed, most of the comments were in the presser:

Still if big firings were coming, i would expect them to happen sooner rather than in a few weeks, so the process of finding a replacement could get started quicker. I'm still holding out hope for Campen to get the axe.

I would be absolutely shocked if the Packers after MM's Presser performance axed (stabbed Dom Capers).

Now there may be a secret agenda in place to get Dom Capers to retire. I'm watching. :!:

GO PACK GO !

ThunderDan
01-08-2014, 03:58 PM
because we're the ones that give them all the massive amounts of money. we "the fans" pay the ticket prices, we "the fans" are the ones that are bombarded with ads allowing networks to give the huge amounts of money to all these asshole.

they make their money because of us "the fans". and without us, they are a bunch a blue color nobodies making 30,000 a year

they are monkey's that dance for our entertainment

and you're damn right we have a fucking right to know why all our time and money was wasted, and we have a right to know just what direction this team is going in so we can decide if the team is worth wasting on time and money on in the future

if these "clowns" don't do everything in their power to maximize our enjoyment, then they need to be replaced with someone who can, or at least will try his best

Then stop buying tickets and merchandise if you hate it so much. I thought your whole internet shtick was just that. Maybe it's for real.

hoosier
01-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Maybe his agent told him that he's got interest from teams very interested in using his skillset the right way.

Ok, but if he decided to go rogue this year and play outside the system I would have expected his stats line to look a little different.

red
01-08-2014, 04:07 PM
Then stop buying tickets and merchandise if you hate it so much. I thought your whole internet shtick was just that. Maybe it's for real.

that day might come. and i can promise you, if we go into any kind of funk for a decent length of time, the team will lose a massive chunk of their fan base. which will result in less money for the team

i'd say most of the "fans" that the team has today have never known lossing. these people weren't around in the 70's and 80's, they jumped on the bandwagon in the favre era, and since we've kept winning, they're still here

we start throwing some shitty seasons together, and the team will lose fans

and if you continue to piss off your fans, maybe next time you need 1 or 200 million to expand or remodel something, people say "yeah, i don't think i'll be buying any worthless "stock" this time and give any more handouts to a team without knowing its going towards improving the product on the field"

Joemailman
01-08-2014, 04:40 PM
when M3 wanted to keep sanders because he thought he was a top tier coach, but TT knew the guy was shit and forced M3 to fire him?

You know this how?

bobblehead
01-08-2014, 04:46 PM

Nick Saban says "MM is very committed to Dom Capers"

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 05:00 PM

" That MM doesn't go into specifics or is firing anyone today is the action of a good coach." ThunderDan

Hello ... This isn't satire ... it's seriously me.

I'll at least try to offer "YOU" something enlightening, and at the same time add the Devils Advocate position and your view Thunderdan.

How do you know what the action of a good coach is over anyone else at Packerrats?

I ask that because it's too obvious I have to disagree, and do so in specific terms related to the fact I pay attention to what's going on and the Green Bay Packers. I do so with all that's available to me in regards to the use of my senses and common sense in terms of what's a proper reaction on behalf of the Green Bay Packer Management. A proper reaction to an extremely disappointing season and another one and out in the playoffs.

Is that acceptable to you?

It's not so to the Packer players that busted their ass's; nor to any sensible Packer fan that's even barely keeping up.

Now just in case your missing it. Maybe your a trained "YES" man and such often miss a lot.

The Green Bay Packers are in a mess and have been increasingly bad since the end of the 2011 season. I was informed by MM today in his presser that looking at the Stat's is frowned upon and "for LOSERS".

Memo to self: Why do I go there so often?

No MM doesn't want Packer fans to be even reasonably informed. It's better if we simply watch Packer games and remain loyal fans with our tongues hanging out like rapid dogs.

How do you perceive the Packers are doing since well over the last three seasons in terms of all that matters or playoff wins?

A good barometer of that would be the Packers playoff record being 1W-3L - 2011-13.

That's a really disappointing 'LOSING' % 0f 0.250. That's NOT performance.

Now that was "my best wake UP Call ! For you", ThunderDan.

Hasn't MM been paying attention? I ask that in reference to the quality of his Coach's.

It seems to me from his presser that he certainly knows where he's going with his coaching staff. Mike McCarthy is looking after his own. What else has management ever done? Is this any great revelation? I know that you know the answer to that question. Why? It's all in your attitude and views. It comes from a perspective of keen observation.

I'm a Packer fan that's not as I perceive you as being or not from your cut of cloth.

I come from down to earth, solid with their hands in the dirt shit kickers, and Irish military to farmer stock as Pioneers in New Brunswick Canada. People that worked their ass off for everything they got, that was real and beautiful in my estimation. Why? Because it was gained with honest means and intent.

To lose in the life I come from is seriously unacceptable. It has to be avoided at all costs because there is little in reserve in terms of re-building a life. It's a one shot all in deal every fricken year ThunderDan. It doesn't get done with half efforts or an expectation of partial wins. It's always about winning and faith in all that's right that rewards 'just that'. NOTHING ELSE matters.

For the past three season the Green Bay Packers have short changed this Packer fan. After all that we went through this season Mike McCarthy gets an F- for his Press Conference performance. He sucks the empty cob on this day. His performance waa arrogant and overall mundane/stupid. He obviously wasn't prepared and he'll catch flack for that lack of performance as he so self righteously deserves.

So there it is ThunderDan and you cannot arm yourself "with Dick ALL" to refute my position.

MadScientist
01-08-2014, 05:32 PM
For reference, Bob Sanders was canned on 1/4/09, the Packers final game that season was 12/28/08.

Here's an article about MM's post 2008 presser, less than a week before he fired most of the defensive coaches. This was coming off a 6-10 season.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/36961744.html

To me he was more critical in 08, but not much. This year some of the comments sounded a little more player critical, but I wouldn't say it was obvious from the presser that drastic changes were coming.

He also said this about the coaches after the firing:

We focused very hard on hiring quality people, good teachers, and men that demand," he said. "On a personal side of it, I think we did an excellent job with the quality of people we have on our staff. That's definitely always tough if you go in that direction.

So unless MM is really pissed about some sort of action that crosses the line, I would not expect him to say anything but good things about coaches when asked. And lets face it, not saying bad things publicly about the people you fire helps in hiring the next guy.

falco
01-08-2014, 05:57 PM
So there it is ThunderDan and you cannot arm yourself "with Dick ALL" to refute my position.

I legit want to know, is this a persona you are putting on? Or are you the real deal?

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-08-2014, 06:24 PM

Yup, what I was afraid of. So we have to hope MM knows something that we don't in regard to player changes, or other staff changes, or whatever. Otherwise, this Dom Capers experiment could go on for a very long time, always some excuse at end of year on why the defense sucked so bad.

pbmax
01-08-2014, 07:59 PM

Source? The only person reporting how it went down (that I remember) was McGinn while he was blasting Packer management for not being available to the press. He talked as though it was on Ted's to do list for a year or two, but left it to M3 to pull the trigger.

pbmax
01-08-2014, 08:01 PM

I agree with this. It was a very sly endorsement. He stated he thought Capers was outstanding as a coach while also saying no one had been evaluated yet. It was as non-committal as a positive comment could be. Saban could learn a thing or two here.

pbmax
01-08-2014, 08:03 PM
MM talked about it when it happened. It was the defense falling flat on it's face in late drives after Rodgers was out. That was ugly stuff. Chicago, Minnesota, Giants, Philly all were pretty bad

From the Twitter feed it seemed like this comment was about player feedback about the season, but I should watch the video because sometimes the context gets jumbled when 7 reporters are all Tweeting versions of the same comments.

Your point certainly makes sense.

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 08:37 PM
I legit want to know, is this a persona you are putting on? Or are you the real deal?

Have you ever known me to be any different?

falco
01-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Fair enough.

woodbuck27
01-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Fair enough.

I hope that life is treating you fairly/well.

Later.

mraynrand
01-08-2014, 09:21 PM
From the Twitter feed it seemed like this comment was about player feedback about the season, ...

it could be. There is no doubt thought that MM was pissed about those defensive collapses, right at the time.

Bossman641
01-09-2014, 06:51 AM
I can't believe people are up in arms because MM didn't come out all fire and brimstone saying Player X sucks, this coach sucks, I can't wait to cut this player and send this coach on his way. Have people not been paying attention the past few years? Even if he were to feel that way, he has too much respect for the individuals to air it out like that. Look at the comments TT and MM make after they get rid of players they obviously didn't care for, like McMillan. They are always voiced positively wishing the player the best, saying wish things had worked out differently, etc. It's just how they do business.

woodbuck27
01-09-2014, 07:27 AM
I can't believe people are up in arms because MM didn't come out all fire and brimstone saying Player X sucks, this coach sucks, I can't wait to cut this player and send this coach on his way. Have people not been paying attention the past few years? Even if he were to feel that way, he has too much respect for the individuals to air it out like that. Look at the comments TT and MM make after they get rid of players they obviously didn't care for, like McMillan. They are always voiced positively wishing the player the best, saying wish things had worked out differently, etc. It's just how they do business.

Do you imagine that Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are special or should be especially commended for taking a part of a young man's life; expressing certain promise of development on him and "only" later rejecting that young man's efforts?

Doesn't such accorded dismissal warrant decent manners?

Good wishes bestowed on the dismissed young man, is at least a minimum in terms of a satisfactory PR program. After all, that young man may land with another NFL team with a story about what it's really like in his experience as "now ... a former Green Bay Packer".

That dismissed young man may carry a lot of stories about what it was like to be coached by Mike McCarthy and his coach's and be explicit about, "the Packer Way".

That dismissed former Green Bay Packer may carry a story (stories) about Green Bay Packer GM Ted Thompson !? ie Just maybe?, something like this:

How generally or how he and his former Packer team mates discussed 'often' just how difficult it was to gage how they stood with Packer GM Ted Thompson and their future.

Hypothetically and maybe even accurately? The rejected and now former Green Bay Packer may express a general mood of suspicion in the Green Bay Packer Locker Room; in specific terms of how really invisible Ted Thompson lives as the Packers GM. If that is the exact case?

I know that the team "culture" and overall NFL Team experience is a raft in a whipping sea. As dedicated NFL fans and observers of LIFE isn't that often the just the case!?

Some questions "just for you" to maybe? ask yourself:

Are you fooled by a Packer HC or GM; in regards to gratuitous parting of the ways ie "well wishes" for that suddenly "EX Packer"?

Is that done for the Ex Packer and any really sincere hope for his sudden now down turn for his life?

or

More so to deal with their then and now regrets?

or

A certain emphasis on a diplomatic position before their teams fan base, sports journalists and media etc.?

Check this out in terms of what should be normally expected from a GM and or HC. This fella was fortunate and was at least traded and not outright released ( a polite word for FIRED!):

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-hard-knocks/0ap2000000209189/Hard-Knocks-Vontae-Davis-traded-to-Colts

Hard Knocks: Vontae Davis traded to Colts

GO PACK GO !

run pMc
01-09-2014, 07:48 AM
Do you imagine that Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are special or should be especially commended for taking a part of a young man's life; expressing certain promise of development on him and "only" later rejecting that young man's efforts?

Doesn't such accorded dismissal warrant decent manners? Good wishes bestowed on the dismissed young man is at least a minimum in terms of a satisfactory PR program. After all that young man may land with another NFL team with a story about what it's really like in his experience as "now a former Green Bay Packer". That dismissed young man may carry a lot of stories about what it was like to be coached by Mike McCarthy and his coach's and "the Packer Way". That dismissed former Green Bay Packer may carry a story about Green bay Packer GM Ted Thompson and how generally he and his former Packer team mates discussed just how it was difficult to guage how they stood with Ted Thompson. Possibly the rejected and now former Green Bay Packer may express a general mood of suspicion in terms of how really invisible Ted Thompson lives as the Packers GM.

Nothing special about this...GB is not unique in releasing players and making such statements. Imagine if you hired a kid out of college, trained him, and after giving him a couple of chances he just wasn't performing -- you gotta let him go and find someone else. I didn't see anything rude or unprofessionalin what they did, and McMillian (to my knowledge) hasn't made comments indicating he was treated badly/unfairly. I'm guessing there's a certain amount of fear that if a fringe player trying to stay in the league makes a lot of unpleasant comments about his previous team (players, coaches or GM) he will look bad and like a lockerroom cancer.

Frankly, there wasn't much in the presser that surprised or disappointed me. I think McAdoo goes elsewhere and they'll keep Capers. I think his comments about exit interviews, safeties, culture, and the challenges from the injuries were interesting. For all the talk of playing young players, it seemed like he had to play a lot of green players more than he wanted and it had a ripple effect.
There are 17 FA's this year -- I think at least half will be gone and there will be some changes (hopefully for the better). McMillian's release was a prelude. He still hasn't caught onto a team.

Bossman641
01-09-2014, 07:57 AM

Doesn't such accorded dismissal warrant decent manners?

Good wishes bestowed on the dismissed young man, is at least a minimum in terms of a satisfactory PR program. After all, that young man may land with another NFL team with a story about what it's really like in his experience as "now ... a former Green Bay Packer".

That dismissed young man may carry a lot of stories about what it was like to be coached by Mike McCarthy and his coach's and be explicit about, "the Packer Way".

That dismissed former Green Bay Packer may carry a story (stories) about Green Bay Packer GM Ted Thompson !? ie Just maybe?, something like this:

How generally or how he and his former Packer team mates discussed 'often' just how difficult it was to gage how they stood with Packer GM Ted Thompson and their future.

Hypothetically and maybe even accurately? The rejected and now former Green Bay Packer may express a general mood of suspicion in the Green Bay Packer Locker Room; in specific terms of how really invisible Ted Thompson lives as the Packers GM. If that is the exact case?

I know that the team "culture" and overall NFL Team experience is a raft in a whipping sea. As dedicated NFL fans and observers of LIFE isn't that often the just the case!?

Some questions "just for you" to maybe? ask yourself:

Are you fooled by a Packer HC or GM; in regards to gratuitous parting of the ways ie "well wishes" for that suddenly "EX Packer"?

Is that done for the Ex Packer and any really sincere hope for his sudden now down turn for his life?

or

More so to deal with their then and now regrets?

or

A certain emphasis on a diplomatic position before their teams fan base, sports journalists and media etc.?

Check this out in terms of what should be normally expected from a GM and or HC. This fella was fortunate and was at least traded and not outright released ( a polite word for FIRED!):

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-hard-knocks/0ap2000000209189/Hard-Knocks-Vontae-Davis-traded-to-Colts

Hard Knocks: Vontae Davis traded to Colts

GO PACK GO !

My whole point was that I can't remember MM or TT ever ripping a player or coach in public, so I'm not sure why people would expect them to do that now.

Cheesehead Craig
01-09-2014, 08:39 AM

+1. Well said.

ThunderDan
01-09-2014, 09:53 AM
So here is a link to the success of NFL teams from 2007-2011.

http://www.faniq.com/poll_results.php?poll_id=1409480&rnum=

The Packers are tied with the Steelers in second place for most wins over the last five years. NE is in first by a wide margin.

The Packers have the 3rd best playoff record over the same stretch while the NYG with two Super Bowl wins have the best playoff %. In the playoffs over the last 5 year we have a better % than NE. 5-3 vs 4-3.

ThunderDan
01-09-2014, 09:57 AM
Here is an article for the past 20 years. I believe only Pittsburg has won more regular season games during that time frame by 1. The Pack is 203-117.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1306373-nfl-franchise-power-rankings-for-last-20-years/page/31

Pugger
01-09-2014, 10:16 AM

No kidding. If MM came out in his presser bitching about players and coaches I would lose a hell of a lot of respect for him as a professional. We fans can miss and moan because we are fans but management shouldn't IN PUBLIC.

denverYooper
01-09-2014, 10:24 AM
So here is a link to the success of NFL teams from 2007-2011.

http://www.faniq.com/poll_results.php?poll_id=1409480&rnum=

The Packers are tied with the Steelers in second place for most wins over the last five years. NE is in first by a wide margin.

The Packers have the 3rd best playoff record over the same stretch while the NYG with two Super Bowl wins have the best playoff %. In the playoffs over the last 5 year we have a better % than NE. 5-3 vs 4-3.

Is that 'Dick All'?

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Here is an article for the past 20 years. I believe only Pittsburg has won more regular season games during that time frame by 1. The Pack is 203-117.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1306373-nfl-franchise-power-rankings-for-last-20-years/page/31

Yes, no doubt we have been spoiled, but will we ever know if this was a function of the coaching? Or the fact we had two dominant quarterbacks during this time?

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-09-2014, 10:36 AM
No kidding. If MM came out in his presser bitching about players and coaches I would lose a hell of a lot of respect for him as a professional. We fans can miss and moan because we are fans but management shouldn't IN PUBLIC.

For me, the disappointing part was instead of remaining neutral before year end evaluations, he immediately stated support for Capers. Sorta took the suspense out of the evaluation process.

mraynrand
01-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Yes, no doubt we have been spoiled, but will we ever know if this was a function of the coaching? Or the fact we had two dominant quarterbacks during this time?

Both, but even more, it's the legacy of Bob Harlan, hiring GMs that can run a team successfully without destructive interference from the board and the president.

Pugger
01-09-2014, 10:40 AM
For me, the disappointing part was instead of remaining neutral before year end evaluations, he immediately stated support for Capers. Sorta took the suspense out of the evaluation process.

If you go back to threads about Capers this year I posted a few times saying I didn't think Dom was going to get canned. It was just a gut feeling I had. I do hope TT addresses the issues we have on D and gives Capers and company the pieces that are missing to improve this defense. We don't need the '85 Bears but an average defense with our offense can be good enough to go deep into the playoffs in 2014 and beyond.

ThunderDan
01-09-2014, 10:48 AM

And having GMs that drafted or traded for said QBs and coaches that have coached the QBs up to where they are performing.

Seems like chicken and egg to me. One helps the other.

ThunderDan
01-09-2014, 10:52 AM

Like I said earlier, I think that was MM being defensive/supportive/loyal to his "guys".

I don't think the evaluations are over by any measure and I still wouldn't be surprised to see Capers and Slocum gone soon.

mraynrand
01-09-2014, 11:08 AM
If you go back to threads about Capers this year I posted a few times saying I didn't think Dom was going to get canned. It was just a gut feeling I had. I do hope TT addresses the issues we have on D and gives Capers and company the pieces that are missing to improve this defense. We don't need the '85 Bears but an average defense with our offense can be good enough to go deep into the playoffs in 2014 and beyond.

APRH

Rutnstrut
01-09-2014, 01:09 PM
It's all good, TT will go nuts in free agency and give Capers plenty of weapons.

red
01-09-2014, 04:29 PM
It's all good, TT will go nuts in free agency and give Capers plenty of weapons.

LOL

:smk:

woodbuck27
01-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Is that 'Dick All'?

Not even a decent propaganda piece. A whole lotta denial is too obvious.

ThunderDan conveniently miss's the Packers playoff record from 2011 through 2013.

That's always going to be 'Only' one win and - THREE LOSS's.

So yes he comes back with "Dick All". As frustrating as the facts and that will remain.

You can't change the water on the beans once their cooked. :!:

To refresh your memory:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/103963/missed-tackles-piling-up-at-alarming-rate

*** Missed tackles piling up at alarming rate

11/29/13 ...12:15 PM ET

By Rob Demovsky | ESPN.com

*** How'd that end up at Season's end? Was that result pleasing to you?

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
01-09-2014, 10:53 PM

A sensible GM wouldn't draft square pegs and seriously try to fit them in round holes.

** Simple "Basic Logic 101".

Both Ted Thompson and Shawn Slocum have roots deep in the State of Texas and playing linebacker there.

Evidently both Ted Thompson and Shawn Slocum missed Simple "Basic Logic 101". Maybe that course wasn't offered at Texas Universities; Southern Methodist (Ted Thompson) and University Of Texas A&M (Shawn Slocum)?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2IAzzv31-Mxezz-abH-w3F5bG-0wKPbq7u51wDZ9esmx8jDVZ8Q

Little things confusing Ted Thompson. - Big Things... Put Off !

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/green-bay-packers-ted-thompsons-stock-takes-hit-165900200--nfl.html

Green Bay Packers: Ted Thompson's Stock Takes a Hit in Quarterback Debacle

By: Andrew Prochnow ... November 15, 2013 11:59 AM

Ted Thompson:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Thompson

Dom CAPERS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dom_Capers

Green Bay Packers DC Dom Capers Head coaching record:

Regular season = 48–80 ; Postseason = 1–1

Career record = 49–81

Shawn Slocum:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Slocum

From 2006 to date the ST Coach for the Green Bay Packers. Note: Prior to that al of his ST coaching experience was solely at the College level. A dozen (12) years coaching ST's. Zero NFL experience prior to being hired as the Packers ST coach.

PACKERS !

Pugger
01-09-2014, 11:08 PM
APRH

Huh?

woodbuck27
01-09-2014, 11:14 PM

Hi ThunderDan:

You reference an article written Jan. 2012 and Edited 01/24/12 06:46 PM.

You'll have to find something better than that; and that, doesn't exist.

Your not much of a poker player are you? I know that because you never remain in the game with a hand that can 'only' lose for you ThunderDan. This round is clearly mine and as long as you sit at the table pushing your lousy hand and feed my pot. I'm 'only' too pleased to accept that. Just a heads up for you sonny. :!:

Relax. Soon the pain will go away. Let's simply take a wait and see in the 2014 season.

Pressure cooker time has 'indeed' arrived. Mike McCarthy has shoved all of his chips forward.

Let's see "really and just how strong" his hand is ... in terms of Ted Thompson, Dom Capers and Shawn Slocum Cards.

Does he have a "solved the injury prone status of Packer players" card in that hand?

The best way (or strategy) to lay blame. Is to delay laying blame until you certainly and necessarily have to. Astute Packer fans are watching this closely. It either gets done or it's time for them to run. Pack up and leave.

In the case of these guys, "I predict that will arrive next season" and that if they don't get their collective acts cleaned up. Mike McCarthy simply buys another year escaping the real undressing. Playing the "ignorance and the injury issue" card.

I won't deem that man not smart. I'm concerned with his "right smarts".

Now please read that again, before you go all bananas (ie ... ape shit)...Thanks. :-)

If it arrives there watch the rats scramble about the decks Mate.

PACKERS !

LEWCWA
01-10-2014, 12:46 AM
Is this english I am reading? Wow, just, wow....talk about delusional and narrow minded. All you can ask for is a team good enough to give itself a chance and well GB has been that team....I guess Andy Reed is a shitty coach since he hasn't won a damn thing! If you are this caught up and delusional about GBP football you should swear off it, cause it is not good for you. Yeah MM and TT are numbskulls and have no idea how to put a winning team on the field, but you with your youtube videos and talking head reports could win the SB at least every other year. The Shit is getting deep and stinky!

woodbuck27
01-10-2014, 01:28 AM
Is this english I am reading? Wow, just, wow....talk about delusional and narrow minded. All you can ask for is a team good enough to give itself a chance and well GB has been that team....I guess Andy Reed is a shitty coach since he hasn't won a damn thing! If you are this caught up and delusional about GBP football you should swear off it, cause it is not good for you. Yeah MM and TT are numbskulls and have no idea how to put a winning team on the field, but you with your youtube videos and talking head reports could win the SB at least every other year. The Shit is getting deep and stinky!

There's little wrong with 'the English'. Maybe? and I'm taking it as the case. You simply can't handle the message. I'm far from delusional. I pay attention.

Andy Reed isn't in the discussion here. It's been a long time since Andy was a Green Bay Packer Coach.

I'm dissatisfied with the way and manner that MM has handled himself at the close of this season.

I have every right to observe that and comment in terms of my disappointment. Frankly I do so with all concern for the TEAM I love.. the Green Bay Packers.

If your not seeing it. That's OK. Wouldn't this be a really pathetic place if everyone agreed with your view or mine.

GO PACK GO !

LEWCWA
01-10-2014, 02:34 AM
There's little wrong with 'the English'. Maybe? and I'm taking it as the case. You simply can't handle the message. I'm far from delusional. I pay attention.

Andy Reed isn't in the discussion here. It's been a long time since Andy was a Green Bay Packer Coach.

I'm dissatisfied with the way and manner that MM has handled himself at the close of this season.

I have every right to observe that and comment in terms of my disappointment. Frankly I do so with all concern for the TEAM I love.. the Green Bay Packers.

If your not seeing it. That's OK. Wouldn't this be a really pathetic place if everyone agreed with your view or mine.

GO PACK GO !

Now this response is coherant and easy to read. So much of your posts are so convaluted that people can't get through them. Honestly, it is like reading an eng. manual. You say you pay attention, but damn there are 32 teams paying people alot of money to get to the same place. I don't really know what you want from MM and can't tell from your posts. The guy puts a competative team on the field every season, even seasons that like this one that probably should have ended in the shitter. Still they found a way to compete and get to the dance! Sure the team missed opportunities, but hell you don't think SF fans were a little befuddled with two short field goals early, essentially keeping this GB team in the game. MM is a stand up guy. Why would he throw his friends under the bus to appease people like you or I. That make zero sense. You are all over the map with this team it seems to me and if they didn't win the SB then heads should roll. You bitch about the draft, like you know more than they do. You bitch about the level of play when they win at a pretty good pace. You bitch about the info given to you, when you know damn good and well they are taught to say as little as possible. Be happy you root for one of the most glorious teams in any sport and they put a good product on the field more often than not. Hell even in the 80's they were exciting to watch. I would say except for the 70 this franchise has put an exciting and good product on the field. I don't get you Woody, sometimes your just not the best team and you lose. That should not consume you and if it does you need help! Hell even Lombardi wasn't perfect.....

packrulz
01-10-2014, 05:02 AM
I agree. I'm impressed with the way the Packers battled through their injuries and still won the division. Think about it, they lost their starting QB, LT, TE, WR, OLB, and others and still had a competitive team.

mraynrand
01-10-2014, 08:23 AM
Huh?

APRH = Assuming Player(s) Remain(s) Healthy

mraynrand
01-10-2014, 08:24 AM
I agree. I'm impressed with the way the Packers battled through their injuries and still won the division. Think about it, they lost their starting QB, LT, TE, WR, OLB, and others and still had a competitive team.

Victories at Dallas and at Chicago for the Division are for the ages. Worth the price of admission for the whole season.

hoosier
01-10-2014, 08:27 AM
Now this response is coherant and easy to read. So much of your posts are so convaluted that people can't get through them. Honestly, it is like reading an eng. manual. You say you pay attention, but damn there are 32 teams paying people alot of money to get to the same place. I don't really know what you want from MM and can't tell from your posts. The guy puts a competative team on the field every season, even seasons that like this one that probably should have ended in the shitter. Still they found a way to compete and get to the dance! Sure the team missed opportunities, but hell you don't think SF fans were a little befuddled with two short field goals early, essentially keeping this GB team in the game. MM is a stand up guy. Why would he throw his friends under the bus to appease people like you or I. That make zero sense. You are all over the map with this team it seems to me and if they didn't win the SB then heads should roll. You bitch about the draft, like you know more than they do. You bitch about the level of play when they win at a pretty good pace. You bitch about the info given to you, when you know damn good and well they are taught to say as little as possible. Be happy you root for one of the most glorious teams in any sport and they put a good product on the field more often than not. Hell even in the 80's they were exciting to watch. I would say except for the 70 this franchise has put an exciting and good product on the field. I don't get you Woody, sometimes your just not the best team and you lose. That should not consume you and if it does you need help! Hell even Lombardi wasn't perfect.....

Nice post except for the hating on Vince part!:-)

Pugger
01-10-2014, 08:43 AM

What's crazy is a lot of people will scoff at the notion the reason we struggled was injuries. They don't want to hear it because they'll say it is an excuse. But if you look at past seasons the teams that were the healthiest in December usually made the playoffs and went deep into the post season. 2010 was the exception rather the rule. This year nobody wanted to hear MM's injury report after every game! Starting on Family Night we would lose at least one guy to injury and IR and sometimes more than one. Not counting players like Clay and Rodgers who missed multiple games we ended up with 15 guys on IR plus Cobb on the designated to return list! I say had we had a reasonable number of injuries instead of a MASH unit we would have have double digit wins again this year and might still be playing this weekend.

Pugger
01-10-2014, 08:44 AM

OIC. We can only hope this is the case in 2014!

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-10-2014, 08:53 AM
Of course I bitch about the team when I see problems, just like I cheer when they do well. This is a Packer internet chat site, anybody who comes here should expect to see all kinds of opinions, and they shouldn't get their undies in a bundle if somebody doesn't agree with them. That is the nature of the chat site beast. I think everybody wants to see the Packers improve, it is just differences of opinions on how we get there, i.e. new coaches, different players, where to spend money, how to stay healthy, etc. Hell, if everybody thought the same, this site would be boring as hell and not worth visiting anymore.

Rutnstrut
01-10-2014, 09:58 AM

That's the thing, imo they didn't battle through shit. They lucked into winning the division, when they controlled their own destiny the first time, just win, they fucked it up. When the team REALLY needed it's defense, it choked. This coaching staff including MM has a history of choking in big games.

mraynrand
01-10-2014, 10:05 AM
This is a Packer internet chat site, anybody who comes here should expect to see all kinds of opinions, and they shouldn't get their undies in a bundle if somebody doesn't agree with them. That is the nature of the chat site beast.

This is a Packer internet chat site, anybody who comes here should expect to see all kinds of opinions, and should expect that many people will get their undies in a bundle if somebody doesn't agree with them. That is the nature of the chat site beast.

woodbuck27
01-10-2014, 10:28 AM

" That should not consume you and if it does you need help! " LEWCWA

I do need help LEWCWA.

I need some competence demonstrated on behalf of Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson.

Your post is demonstrating some anger. Try to calm down please. What's with all the cursing? That anger won't do you any good and it won't do Packerrats any good. That accomplishes nothing. Please try... Simmer or tone it down a wee bit.

I'm merely a messenger and attack the message not me. :lol:

Now after that concern and advisement this:

I'll try very hard to make this message clear for 'YOU' and any other member that see's it as you do.

By the way I do respect your take on the Packers in terms of "it should be 'Good Enough'. I'm certainly not going to buy into it. Now that's just me. Don't feel threatened.

Re-focusing ...My response :

Note my manners LEWCWA. Do I use language that reflects anger? As a leader in my lifetime I've been well aware that weakness knocks any wanna be leader off that perch.

Anger doesn't solve anything. Bad language and poor manners and a confrontational attitude reflects a certain lacking in respect. If it gets there ..................it's nowhere, LEWCWA.

I can get there myself sometimes but I manage to put a wrap on that nonsense. In specific regards to Packerrats my stances are my own. Like me or hate me I don't give a hoot. I focus on TRUTH not any need of popularity. I focus on an attitude of support for my beloved Green Bay Packers.

I'm in a Pro Pickem' operated out of this forum. No one invested more real support in the Packer Vs 49ers and PACKERS as I did. Only one person on this forum bet largely on the San Fran 49ers to defeat the Green Bay Packers. The rest of us Packerrats bet on the Packers. That member cashed in on that bet. That doesn't make that member any less of a Packer fan. That member elected his/her CP's on the 49ers for any reason his/her business.

So don't in any way condemn me in any terms related to my undying support for the Green Bay Packers. A support I'll challenge anyone here at Packerrats with in terms of "LOYALTY". I'm "ALL IN " and Green Bay Packers mate. You cannot imagine your any better a Packer fan without me kicking your butt (as a poster here :idea:) and such nonsense.

Did 'YOU' get that message LEWCWA?

I'm not consumed by the facts behind what's obvious to me. Such findings don't threaten my position to see the Green Bay Packers better prepared to compete with "the real Super Bowl contenders".

My Green Bay Packer support certainly cannot ignore Packer HC Mike McCarthy. As his his attitude appears 'right now'. If my description of his attitude annoys "YOU"?

Deal with it and not by deposing your anger on me. . 'ONLY' that would be appreciated.Thanks Packer fan.

Does my position in any manner threaten Mike McCarthy? I suspect the correct answer to that is .... a resounding .... NO !

Does my position threaten 'YOU' in your Green bay Packer fan...ness. As a dedicated Mike McCarthy supporter? If so that's not my problem.

I might grovel and beg that my views be understood. That would insult you and more so, myself.

If you can't wrap your Packer fan...ness, around a 1-3 record in the post season, since the Packers last won a Super Bowl? Then my views are a fruitless waste of my time and 'YOU'.

I'm well aware of what's going down and Packers. I'm generally 110% paying attention to not just Packers but "things NFL", LEWCWA. I'm "hard wired totally in" mate. I certainly pay attention. I doubt that you have the time to be as informed. That you have other interests as that may b

My posts are not of any imminent threatening nature for many reasons. The greatest being what we all must deal with as Packer fans and Mike McCarthy's boss...Packer GM Ted Thompson. My critique of Mike McCarthy falls well short of my rights to beg that he be FIRED !! I'm rather sure that Ted Thompson has a pact with Mike McCarthy and that includes no heavy handedness.

TT and MM. They often eat their version of their soup. I like something more in my Packer fan diet.

How do you read my last sentence.

As the English is or woodbuck27 would revel in seeing Mike McCarthy FIRED !?

Ohh your attitude towards me in regards to me and bitching. Please man...get real.

I post facts. I'm one of those Packer fans that Mike McCarthy would depose as losers. I support my positions with something corroborating "TRUTH". Mike McCarthy returns a whole dish of "the same Ole same ole. .. that amounts to nothing but more Mike McCarthy attitude.

By the way Mike McCarthy overeats to deal with his anxiety.

Miek McCarthy is fat. He's over the top too fat. He's so fat and out of shape that he cannot even get his ass on the field when his CB goes down to at least appear that he cares. How many Packer players can make that observation LEWCWA?

I see too much LEWCWA. I certainly offer you and all Packerrats just a part of what I see. That barely scrapes the surface of all of it. I must post to ensure that I don't upset the tender sensitivities of many here at Packerrats. I swallow so much BS it's actually funny to me LEWCWA. :-)

Mike McCarthy is letting his job take him to a quick grave. That man is a minute away from a stroke or a heart attack. Haven't you as a Packer fan that supports Mike McCarthy noticed that? If not are you really caring about Mike McCarthy as I am.

Before there can be any communication there first must be a solid chance for good results from such.

All prejudice must be waved to the side. I hypothetically can be your brother and we might clearly disagree.

GO PACK GO!

woodbuck27
01-10-2014, 10:39 AM

I was very impressed with that result.

I certainly as a Packer fan never wavered in my support for "just such a NFCN finish".

I was totally invested in that POSITIVE; never faltering with more that hope.

I endured "in faith". :-D

GO PACK GO !

Patler
01-10-2014, 10:44 AM
That's the thing, imo they didn't battle through shit. They lucked into winning the division, when they controlled their own destiny the first time, just win, they fucked it up. When the team REALLY needed it's defense, it choked.

I basically agree with this comment. I can't say the team battled through much when they had a five game streak without a win. They didn't win the division as much as the Bears and Lions gave it away. There were a lot of winnable games that they simply didn't perform well in. They showed up, played their games, and mostly didn't impress.

This coaching staff including MM has a history of choking in big games.

I can't really agree with this. They have lost some important games over the years, but have also won a lot of important games over the years, including several late season games to get into the playoffs. I think they have succeeded about as much as they have failed in those games, so I can't really say that history indicates one way or the other.

mraynrand
01-10-2014, 10:45 AM
I need some competence demonstrated on behalf of Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson.

:roll:

woodbuck27
01-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Of course I bitch about the team when I see problems, just like I cheer when they do well. This is a Packer internet chat site, anybody who comes here should expect to see all kinds of opinions, and they shouldn't get their undies in a bundle if somebody doesn't agree with them. That is the nature of the chat site beast. I think everybody wants to see the Packers improve, it is just differences of opinions on how we get there, i.e. new coaches, different players, where to spend money, how to stay healthy, etc. Hell, if everybody thought the same, this site would be boring as hell and not worth visiting anymore.

Nicely expressed.

We battle for .......... nothing.

We work to communicate "respectfully" together.

We focus all our efforts there for the faith and better rewards we all deserve in our loyalty to the GREEN BAY PACKERS !

Packer Nation 'only' begins with the Packer Organization. Packer Nation exceeds the Packer Organization.

Green Bay Packer fans are the bottomline not the the Packer Management or the Packer roster.

It's the Packer fans that come FIRST.

As fans the likes of Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy aren't something similar to GOD's. There simply men with "NO' infallible nature to screw things up. As Packer fans and members of Packerrats it has to be of primary concern that they don't get there.

Thus the board and all the threads to educate and discuss with an ultimate goal or primary focus of doing so in all respect for one another.

It's just that for the quality of the membership here.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
01-10-2014, 11:12 AM
That's the thing, imo they didn't battle through shit. They lucked into winning the division, when they controlled their own destiny the first time, just win, they fucked it up. When the team REALLY needed it's defense, it choked. This coaching staff including MM has a history of choking in big games.

Sadly isn't that "the bang on TRUTH". A TRUTH that is in OUR collective faces and cannot be explained away. A TRUTH that no one here can ignore.

If any of us gets right there. Those fans are the Packer fans that Mike McCarthy needs "YOU' to be;

Simply incorporated into a lessening crowd of "over impressed and accepting of less" Packer fans. Packer fans "almost, if not outright brain washed" by clearly stupid rhetoric that would actually make the informed Packer fan more determined to see him removed.

Mike McCarthy certainly disappoints me.

As I view Packers HC Mike McCarthy:

Mike McCarthy needs a life skills coach.

Mike McCarty needs to attend some course on how to utilize some decent measure of PR skills.

Doesn't the Packer organization have a reimbursement policy to encourage such effort for education and alleviating the pain of ignorance?

Eh!? :!:

GO PACK GO !

pbmax
01-10-2014, 11:13 AM

Does this include APGH?

Assuming Player(s) Get Healthy

Guiness
01-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Now this response is coherant and easy to read. So much of your posts are so convaluted that people can't get through them. Honestly, it is like reading an eng. manual.

I assume that eng. stands for engineering, as in engineering manual? I'll take offense to that!

btw you could use a little more whitespace in your own posts...

woodbuck27
01-10-2014, 11:36 AM
:roll:

I'm not wrong 'M".

I've thrown down my gauntlet and stand bare handed.

I've little to actually have concern of and opposing me.

I've always know what it takes to win. I don't any longer see that with the Green Bay Packers and in specific terms of being "a TEAM of Excellence". The Packers simply continue to regress.

I see instead a reflection of Mike McCarthy's belly. Over the top too much "FAT".

It's time to trim that "FAT". Seriously that time is upon all of Packer Nation.

You have to be "out to lunch blind" not to see it.

You'll not even challenge me on this Packer fan and you love an argument. :no:

Your hand would be too weak and I do believe you might be a decent Poker Player.

GO PACK GO!

mraynrand
01-10-2014, 12:28 PM
I've always know what it takes to win. I don't any longer see that with the Green Bay Packers and in specific terms of being "a TEAM of Excellence". The Packers simply continue to regress.

What other teams of excellence have made the playoffs the past five seasons?

woodbuck27
01-10-2014, 12:52 PM

Please .... challenge yourself. A question like that is simply "YOU" spinning your wheels. Making 'only' so much smoke.

Try harder to not insult yourself mraynrand. I'm very positive this will be difficult for you or to determine a question for me:

That's relevant and any conversation and being competitive with the San Francisco 49ers and any team that may take them (The 49ers) out, in these playoffs.

Thanks. ;-)

Otherwise have a super day.

pbmax
01-10-2014, 01:35 PM
I basically agree with this comment. I can't say the team battled through much when they had a five game streak without a win. They didn't win the division as much as the Bears and Lions gave it away. There were a lot of winnable games that they simply didn't perform well in. They showed up, played their games, and mostly didn't impress.

I agree with this, as a season at 8-8-1 is not a success, no matter Rodgers injury.

I am optimistic that eventually M3 found a QB, go him ready and put the offense back in gear. Another demonstration the guy knows what he is doing on offense.

But I am pessimistic that the D folded its tents at about the same time. Also pessimistic they missed so badly on Harrell. They can't help Wallace getting hurt or hope Tolzien becomes experienced in 3 weeks, but Harrell was here for 2-3 years and they still didn't know he wasn't getting it done.

pbmax
01-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Please .... challenge yourself. A question like that is simply "YOU" spinning your wheels. Making 'only' so much smoke.

Try harder to not insult yourself mraynrand. I'm very positive this will be difficult for you or to determine a question for me:

That's relevant and any conversation and being competitive with the San Francisco 49ers and any team that may take them (The 49ers) out, in these playoffs.

Thanks. ;-)

I don't think this is a good enough reason to avoid the question.

You are given two sets of facts and asked to reconcile. Playoffs 5 straight years and the best winning percentage beside New England in the League for any appreciable amount of time, plus a Super Bowl.

On the other side are 1 and done playoff exits at the hands of the Giants and 49ers.

You claim the latter is demonstration of McCarthy and Thompson having no common sense nor a plan to improve. You have said Thompson has no sense (http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?26427-M3-Season-Ending-Presser&p=768371&highlight=#post768371) and McCarthy is incompetent (http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?26427-M3-Season-Ending-Presser&p=768425&viewfull=1#post768425) That's fine, but explain the former in light of your conclusion.

But those observations don't square easily with their accomplishments.

Zool
01-10-2014, 02:21 PM

You are given two sets of facts and asked to reconcile. Playoffs 5 straight years and the best winning percentage beside New England in the League for any appreciable amount of time, plus a Super Bowl.

On the other side are 1 and done playoff exits at the hands of the Giants and 49ers.

You claim the latter is demonstration of McCarthy and Thompson having no common sense nor a plan to improve. You have said Thompson has no sense (http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?26427-M3-Season-Ending-Presser&p=768371&highlight=#post768371) and McCarthy is incompetent (http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?26427-M3-Season-Ending-Presser&p=768425&viewfull=1#post768425) That's fine, but explain the former in light of your conclusion.

Maybe they accomplished those things in spite of themselves. Perhaps not. I'm voting not.

Patler
01-10-2014, 03:16 PM
I agree with this, as a season at 8-8-1 is not a success, no matter Rodgers injury.

I am optimistic that eventually M3 found a QB, go him ready and put the offense back in gear. Another demonstration the guy knows what he is doing on offense.

But I am pessimistic that the D folded its tents at about the same time. Also pessimistic they missed so badly on Harrell. They can't help Wallace getting hurt or hope Tolzien becomes experienced in 3 weeks, but Harrell was here for 2-3 years and they still didn't know he wasn't getting it done.

The single biggest disappointment for me this season was the failure of the defense to make a difference. If there ever was a time to step out from the shadow of the offense, it was while AR walked the sidelines in street clothes. They had games against teams that were not very good, games that the defense should have controlled, but they didn't.

Their confidence in Harrell was odd, wasn't it? The only thing I can imagine to justify it is that maybe MM really wasn't blowing smoke a couple times when he said that in the classroom and at practice Harrell was dead on. Unfortunately, in games he was just dead.

Guiness
01-10-2014, 04:34 PM

What does it really matter what happened to Wallace? Every time I see it mentioned 'too bad about Wallace' I wonder why people wax poetic about what he could've been.

I think the Packers end up with the same record with him as they did without him before Flynn got to GB, 0-3. His performance in the Bears game was abysmal. 11/19 for 114yds and an INT. Couldn't win the game even with Lacy getting 150 yards on the ground.

Fritz
01-10-2014, 06:22 PM
The single biggest disappointment for me this season was the failure of the defense to make a difference. If there ever was a time to step out from the shadow of the offense, it was while AR walked the sidelines in street clothes. They had games against teams that were not very good, games that the defense should have controlled, but they didn't.

Their confidence in Harrell was odd, wasn't it? The only thing I can imagine to justify it is that maybe MM really wasn't blowing smoke a couple times when he said that in the classroom and at practice Harrell was dead on. Unfortunately, in games he was just dead.

As I lamented over the latter part of the season, my biggest disappointment was in the play of the defense after Rodgers went down. They were not playing world-beating offenses in several of those games but could not get the job done, period, even in the game in which
Tolzien and the offense had a tremendous TOP advantage - the Eagles, I think it was.

They did, as Pb points out, come up with some stops and turnovers toward the end of the season - da Bears, the Cowboys - but it was not a defense that could be counted on.

After finally getting ahead against SF, 17-13, the defense could not stop SF, and after the Pack had tied it up at twenty, could not stop the Niners to get to OT.

The biggest individuaal failures on that drive appear to be Hyde's not-pick and Bush's jumping and not containing. However, no one put pressure on Krapernick, either.

I think the injuries to Jolly, Matthews, et al, really hurt, but it sounds like Datone Jones thinks maybe Raji was playing selfishly. Or at least that's what it sounds like in another thread.

My guess is that Raji goes, Finley never plays again, and so the Pack can re-sign Shields and Neal and draft a number of defenders. I am hoping they spend some early picks on a safety, a couple inside linebackers, and a nose tackle.

And just sign Flynn for God's sake to a one year deal. See if you can develop Tolzien as the number three, and if that doesn't work out draft someone next year.

QBME
01-10-2014, 06:41 PM

Crickets.....waiting....

LEWCWA
01-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Nice post except for the hating on Vince part!:-)

Hate to hate on Vince, but even he knew perfection couldn't be attained!

LEWCWA
01-10-2014, 07:19 PM
I assume that eng. stands for engineering, as in engineering manual? I'll take offense to that!

btw you could use a little more whitespace in your own posts...

I have taken that under advisement! Tell me most of Woody's post don't just frustate you trying to read them.

LEWCWA
01-10-2014, 07:21 PM

Of course, we bitch.....but Woody seems to be comsumed by this and developing an unhealthy hatred for people he doesn't even know! You come across as a guy letting off steam!

Teamcheez1
01-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Of course, we bitch.....but Woody seems to be consumed by this and developing an unhealthy hatred for people he doesn't even know! You come across as a guy letting off steam!

Woody has post-concussion syndrome. He was the only non-NFL player included in the settlement, mainly due to injuries battering his head against walls and older style t.v.'s.

LEWCWA
01-10-2014, 07:30 PM
" That should not consume you and if it does you need help! " LEWCWA

I do need help LEWCWA.

Your post is demonstrating some anger. Try to calm down please. What's with all the cursing? That anger won't do you any good and it won't do Packerrats any good. That accomplishes nothing. Please try... Simmer or tone it down a wee bit.

I'm merely a messenger and attack the message not me. :lol:

Now after that concern and advisement this:

I'll try very hard to make this message clear for 'YOU' and any other member that see's it as you do.

By the way I do respect your take on the Packers in terms of "it should be 'Good Enough'. I'm certainly not going to buy into it. Now that's just me. Don't feel threatened.

Re-focusing ...My response :

Note my manners LEWCWA. Do I use language that reflects anger? As a leader in my lifetime I've been well aware that weakness knocks any wanna be leader off that perch.

Anger doesn't solve anything. Bad language and poor manners and a confrontational attitude reflects a certain lacking in respect. If it gets there ..................it's nowhere, LEWCWA.

I can get there myself sometimes but I manage to put a wrap on that nonsense. In specific regards to Packerrats my stances are my own. Like me or hate me I don't give a hoot. I focus on TRUTH not any need of popularity. I focus on an attitude of support for my beloved Green Bay Packers.

I'm in a Pro Pickem' operated out of this forum. No one invested more real support in the Packer Vs 49ers and PACKERS as I did. Only one person on this forum bet largely on the San Fran 49ers to defeat the Green Bay Packers. The rest of us Packerrats bet on the Packers. That member cashed in on that bet. That doesn't make that member any less of a Packer fan. That member elected his/her CP's on the 49ers for any reason his/her business.

So don't in any way condemn me in any terms related to my undying support for the Green Bay Packers. A support I'll challenge anyone here at Packerrats with in terms of "LOYALTY". I'm "ALL IN " and Green Bay Packers mate. You cannot imagine your any better a Packer fan without me kicking your butt (as a poster here :idea:) and such nonsense.

Did 'YOU' get that message LEWCWA?

I'm not consumed by the facts behind what's obvious to me. Such findings don't threaten my position to see the Green Bay Packers better prepared to compete with "the real Super Bowl contenders".

My Green Bay Packer support certainly cannot ignore Packer HC Mike McCarthy. As his his attitude appears 'right now'. If my description of his attitude annoys "YOU"?

Deal with it and not by deposing your anger on me. . 'ONLY' that would be appreciated.Thanks Packer fan.

Does my position in any manner threaten Mike McCarthy? I suspect the correct answer to that is .... a resounding .... NO !

Does my position threaten 'YOU' in your Green bay Packer fan...ness. As a dedicated Mike McCarthy supporter? If so that's not my problem.

I might grovel and beg that my views be understood. That would insult you and more so, myself.

If you can't wrap your Packer fan...ness, around a 1-3 record in the post season, since the Packers last won a Super Bowl? Then my views are a fruitless waste of my time and 'YOU'.

I'm well aware of what's going down and Packers. I'm generally 110% paying attention to not just Packers but "things NFL", LEWCWA. I'm "hard wired totally in" mate. I certainly pay attention. I doubt that you have the time to be as informed. That you have other interests as that may b

My posts are not of any imminent threatening nature for many reasons. The greatest being what we all must deal with as Packer fans and Mike McCarthy's boss...Packer GM Ted Thompson. My critique of Mike McCarthy falls well short of my rights to beg that he be FIRED !! I'm rather sure that Ted Thompson has a pact with Mike McCarthy and that includes no heavy handedness.

TT and MM. They often eat their version of their soup. I like something more in my Packer fan diet.

How do you read my last sentence.

As the English is or woodbuck27 would revel in seeing Mike McCarthy FIRED !?

Ohh your attitude towards me in regards to me and bitching. Please man...get real.

I post facts. I'm one of those Packer fans that Mike McCarthy would depose as losers. I support my positions with something corroborating "TRUTH". Mike McCarthy returns a whole dish of "the same Ole same ole. .. that amounts to nothing but more Mike McCarthy attitude.

By the way Mike McCarthy overeats to deal with his anxiety.

Miek McCarthy is fat. He's over the top too fat. He's so fat and out of shape that he cannot even get his ass on the field when his CB goes down to at least appear that he cares. How many Packer players can make that observation LEWCWA?

I see too much LEWCWA. I certainly offer you and all Packerrats just a part of what I see. That barely scrapes the surface of all of it. I must post to ensure that I don't upset the tender sensitivities of many here at Packerrats. I swallow so much BS it's actually funny to me LEWCWA. :-)

Mike McCarthy is letting his job take him to a quick grave. That man is a minute away from a stroke or a heart attack. Haven't you as a Packer fan that supports Mike McCarthy noticed that? If not are you really caring about Mike McCarthy as I am.

Before there can be any communication there first must be a solid chance for good results from such.

All prejudice must be waved to the side. I hypothetically can be your brother and we might clearly disagree.

GO PACK GO!

Well Mr. Woody-- I have zero animosity toward you, I have actually enjoyed your posting through the years. It just seems lately that you are taking this thing way to serious and developing a hate for people who you don't know and are successful..

I didn't think I cussed all that much in my post, my bad.

Do you see what goes on all over the NFL, I just don't think you get it. To be able to put a competitive team on the field year in and year out is success. The quality of talent is too close from top to bottom to expect much else. Really the only thing that that frustates me with your opinions is the fact that you come accross as knowing more than the professionals and well I don't think any of us are buying into that. These guys get paid to evaluate, coach, etc and have all the tools available. You don't know 1% of what MM or TT know about football!

NOTICE THE WHITE! lol

woodbuck27
01-10-2014, 07:41 PM

Let's re-focus and right here:

" Playoffs 5 straight years and the best winning percentage beside New England in the League for any appreciable amount of time, plus a Super Bowl. " pbmax

Please pbmax...The LINK of the Stat's study (Article) that confirms this fact.

Thanks.

denverYooper
01-10-2014, 08:29 PM

" Playoffs 5 straight years and the best winning percentage beside New England in the League for any appreciable amount of time, plus a Super Bowl. " pbmax

Thanks.

Good Lord Woody. You're a passionate fan and you certainly give this site some flavor but at this point you're just being obtuse. ThunderDan posted playoff pcts, win %s, etc a couple of pages ago: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?26427-M3-Season-Ending-Presser&p=768297&viewfull=1#post768297 and you just ignored it because you choose to slice the last 3 playoff problems as your 'data set' showing M3's supposed coaching deficiencies. Now you want to re-focus with links showing the things pb is talking about? You're wandering from your original argument of short-term futility, and you are attempting to pivot on a broken leg.

bobblehead
01-10-2014, 09:02 PM

You are correct that woody gets a bit convoluted and hard to read, but I have two words for you:

Paragraph break.

bobblehead
01-10-2014, 09:06 PM

Capers and Slocum have been covering for the shortcomings of TT and MM.

bobblehead
01-10-2014, 09:08 PM
What does it really matter what happened to Wallace? Every time I see it mentioned 'too bad about Wallace' I wonder why people wax poetic about what he could've been.

I think the Packers end up with the same record with him as they did without him before Flynn got to GB, 0-3. His performance in the Bears game was abysmal. 11/19 for 114yds and an INT. Couldn't win the game even with Lacy getting 150 yards on the ground.

Not so sure. Wallace had 7 weeks to prepare for the role, although as the backup. I don't think we would have run the table, but I think if Wallace had played all 8 games we may have gone 4-4. We damn near beat chicago and he didn't really practice with the gameplan all week.

MJZiggy
01-10-2014, 09:20 PM
You are correct that woody gets a bit convoluted and hard to read, but I have two words for you:

Paragraph break.

LOL! I've been teaching my engineers to add a paragraph break after each sentence to make sure that the one sentence is coherent and not too long before they string them back together into paragraphs.

LEWCWA
01-10-2014, 09:21 PM

Paragraph break.

This has already been taken under advisement......notice white in last post to Woodman. I was posting at work and sure didn't want to go that long......lol

woodbuck27
01-10-2014, 10:45 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Green_Bay_Packers_season

The Green Bay Packers 2013 Season and the QB Position.

It's a long story with so many QB's going back to Graham Harrel and B. J. Coleman and the Vince Young ' Short order Experiment ' and as a result a rather long post. To be broken down in parts:

Part One :

"I am optimistic that eventually M3 found a QB, go him ready and put the offense back in gear. Another demonstration the guy knows what he is doing on offense." pbmax

What was Mike McCarthy going to do? Why should he get any extra credit for what was minimally necessary? Ask his GM for some sensible help. Imagine trying to work under Ted Thompson!? That has to be unreal difficult.

I mean really. Can we ever get past this too often dangerously close to a " Show of Codependance "!?

With TT's Man at Backup Seneca Wallace falling like a Transparent Apple in July. Down and bruised and rotted in the ground.

MM turned to his next..."He's my man at QB". Scott Tolzien. Good arm not enough awareness. He reminds may of us of Brett Favre at his worst in the playoffs. Really giving errrr but not firing on all cylinders. Us fans had to put up with loss's and Scott Tolzien (and it's not his fault as green as he was/is and new to the Packer system and play book).

Sorry Packerrats. The fault 'again' lies with Ted Thompson and lousy sense of foresight.

Ted has difficulty reacting to obvious needs. Here's a proof of that Packerrats:

it's the 2012 season over "off Season". The preparation for the 2013 season.

At Packerrats we're aware that the Packers have certain needs. WE discuss this over and over to get it straight. That's a large part of why Packerats exists. Sometimes we disagree and arrive at that happy place labeled ... "Agreeing To Disagree". Move On !

So it seems to me we arrived here in terms of need. Personally I check it out all over the internet for a comparison of what others believe the Packer needs are. I try hard to arrive at 'RIGHT'. Then I hope that Ted Thompson is even close to wanting to pat in my back yard.

ie Safety; ILB and a half decent backup QB... To just get started, and as "most obvious holes" on the Packer roster.

How come Packer fans see this and Ted Thompson doesn't pbmax ?

When Packer fans were screaming for him to get a half decent prospect in as a backup for Aaron Rodgers .

Good Ole Ted was sitting around as usual and doing close to Jack Shit. Ted Thompson is now worse than 'JUST SLOW' he's pathetically disregarding.

After the expunging of ** "Harrel - Coleman and Young":

** I wonder: Is that the name of a Law Firm somewhere in the English speaking world? :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Harrell#Green_Bay_Packers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BJ_Coleman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Young#Green_Bay_Packers

The Vince Young experiment lasted all of 25 days. Maybe a sign of panic!?

Next UP:

SEE Part 2 and Seneca Wallace and Scott Tolzien>>>>

PACKERS!

woodbuck27
01-10-2014, 10:51 PM

PART TWO:

Senaca Wallace signed Sept, 2, 2013 ...

NFL QB !?

Why can't we arrive at some logical position and Seneca Wallace's competence as a starting NFL QB!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seneca_Wallace#Green_Bay_Packers

Let's go back to Ted Thompson and his 'next' man @ Backup QB for this past season, Seneca Wallace:

(Height: 5 ft 11 in Weight: 205 lb Senaca Wallace) has been and looked simply terrible in limited time as the backup QB for Aaron Rodgers. Look at Seneca Wallace's record and inform 'yourself' of that man's obvious talents. I don't believe you can seriously go there pbmax. Why? Your far too bright.

His ( Seneca Wallace's ) past speaks mountains. RE: His limited skills to win NFL games as a starting NFL QB.

Add this:

Seneca Wallace was out of the NFL (check it) how long?; before TT brought him to Green Bay (**when?).

TT brings him in as Aaron Rodgers backup a tad late don't you think!? On September 2, 2013, Wallace signed with the Green Bay Packers "SIX DAYS", before our season opener @ San Fran 49ers on 8 Sept. 2013.

It gets worse for Seneca Wallace as a legit backup because we're aware as a backup in the Green Bay Packer development program. That the backup QB seldom see's a snap in practise with the NO. 1 Team.

So much for Seneca Wallace and development as a Green Bay Packer QB.

Over and over I read here the alibi excuse on Ted Thompson and Seneca Wallace.

"Well it's one of these ... "we don't really know's" and "the what if's" and added to that lineup "the really desperate ...whatever's" .

What is that really all about but nonsense. We got from Seneca Wallace as much as could reasonably be expected that he had to give. Little in the form of what's expected from a backup QB. Hey Ted Thompson !

The same goes for "NEXT UP" and neither of these QB can be blamed. They have a reasonable response. They weren't properly ready and / or prepared by the Green Bay Packers Developmental Program. What program is that for QB's? The next question that begs to be asked:

What's this Green Bay Packers Developmental Program really worth at all positions?

End of Part Two and I expect Senaca Wallace as a backup Green Bay Packer QB.

Cont'd in PART THREE >>>

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
01-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by pbmax

" I agree with this, as a season at 8-8-1 is not a success, no matter Rodgers injury.

But I am pessimistic that the D folded its tents at about the same time. Also pessimistic they missed so badly on Harrell. They can't help Wallace getting hurt or hope Tolzien becomes experienced in 3 weeks, but Harrell was here for 2-3 years and they still didn't know he wasn't getting it done. " pbmax

PART THREE:

So ....after Seneca Wallace goes down. We get 'the very green' Scott Tolzien.

Tolzien was signed to the Green Bay Packers practice squad on September 1, 2013 or one day before TT signed Seneca Wallace.

*** Scott Tolzien ... " He's my man at QB ". Mike McCarthy ... WE all had hope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Tolzien

Well there was good and bad and bad defeated good at the end of Scott Tolziens last day as the third Packer QB of the 2013 season.

*** Packer Nation Cried Out ! Please we need someone (anyone) >>> Ted Thompson ? Help !?:

We 'the Green Bay Packer FANS' had to sweat and wonder when the Packers would finally bring someone in. Someone that was even close to any bonafide NFL QB that might really and possibly fit in.

Matt Flynn was finally elected as that man.

*** Enter Matt Flynn. The NEXT ... "He's my man at QB" Mike McCarthy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Flynn

The way he was observed performing in Seattle, Oakland and Buffalo. That certainly wasn't a real guaranteed lift but he was familiar with things Packers? There's much to be said of that.

Flynn did wonderfully with what he has. Does anyone see, even as he did perform; his limited awareness (check downs... seem nowhere); and Matt Flynn is a real dip when you compare his arm to Scott Tolzien's arm.

Does anyone here recall Thanksgiving Day? Matt Flynn's performance in the Red Zone? Matt Flynn's pocket awareness?

It's as a real alarm, Matt Flynn's arm. Matt Flynn has something seriously wrong with his arm pbmax. That's too easy to see/analyze as the truth. Doesn't anyone see his limited awareness and the downside comparing Scott Tolzien's arm to Matt Flynn's?

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
01-10-2014, 11:07 PM
This is interesting:

Y'all should know by now I'm just a wee bit superstitious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Green_Bay_Packers_season

The Green Bay Packers 2013 Season and the QB Position.

Mike McCarthy had a whole lotta mess with the QB position this season. Did you

(Packerrats) forget this little Mike McCarthy hissy fit on the sidelines in Cincy?

Going off on Aaron Rodgers!? WOW ! Mike McCarthy gets his Irish on.

Was that a predictor of bad things on Mike McCarthy and the QB position to come? :

http://www.terezowens.com/aaron-rodgers-and-packers-head-coach-get-into-it/

September 23, 2013

Aaron Rodgers and Packers Head Coach Get into It

Holy Cow that got a little carried away. I realize that Aaron Rodgers had an off night and the Packers blew a huge lead but Gheeese Boys !

What kind of night did Mike McCarthy have calling plays? Was he bang on!?

I look at that collapse as a " Clearly ... TEAM LOSS". That game was simply blown south in a huge way. Too many to share the blame on that night's result.

Then starting out the season with a 1-2 record might cause enough concern for 'a little action '. If you have the stomach for it. Take a look at the play-by-play for that game for a closer analysis.

The LINK should take you to the 3rd Qtr, play-by-play; where Cincy begins it's huge comeback including 20 unanswered points before that game ended.

Jeremy Ross sure payed a price for that games result. Where I come from he'd be deemed 'the classic scapegoat. Of course there were extenuating circumstances.

Did Jeremy Ross get all of the blame? Of course not. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors and the Green Bay Packers? Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson act like they do. Like they know what's happening.

I wonder if Aaron Rodgers Christian Friend 'Jeremy Ross', being dumped on, bothered Aaron?

How about the men in the Locker Room? How do they react to losing a team mate when the whole team is responsible for such a stinker?

I wonder about such things. Isn't that all that matters Eh!?

After all we're all simply Packer fans.

woodbuck27
01-11-2014, 12:07 AM
Of course, we bitch.....but Woody seems to be comsumed by this and developing an unhealthy hatred for people he doesn't even know! You come across as a guy letting off steam!

Come on man look in the mirror before you play the "he's hating on anyone " card.

I'm far from a man capable of such and that expressed against people that mean as little to me 'in reality' as Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson.

I'm simply and clearly very disappointed in both of these Green Bay Packer Leaders. I want better from both of them. I get as a member here a forum to express such disappointment as I personally do. I act alone without your or anyone else's need of compliance with my views. Views that are based in my observations analysis and rational thinking.

Describe that as hate!? That's not at all there. Smarten up please. Your out to lunch on that accusation LEWCWA.

Again...What I clearly see and feed back to the forum as my personal position. I don't expect it will be all received with "Yea Woody your right on's".

I post with a tough crowd. I've recognized that for 8-9 years now. I've never allowed that fact to set me on my ass and compromise my integrity LEWCWA.

Maybe try debating exclusively with me instead of playing the silly immature devide and conquer card.

STRICTLY Hypothetically speaking:

If your going to hit me. Hit me straight on; so I can hit your right back. I'm up for any such challenge.

Stand on your own two feet Vs me. I welcome you and that. This is a forum and the exact right place for such. The 'only 'hurt may come to ego's.

I welcome that if you can conduct yourself with some decency and are open for a little bruising of ego along the way. Bring it on as you may...may not.

Your call LEWCWA. The ball is in your court. :smile:

PACKERS !

LEWCWA
01-11-2014, 12:28 AM
Come on man look in the mirror before you play the "he's hating on anyone " card.

I'm far from a man capable of such and that expressed against people that mean as little to me 'in reality' as Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson.

I'm simply and clearly very disappointed in both of these Green Bay Packer Leaders. I want better from both of them. I get as a member here a forum to express such disappointment as I personally do. I act alone without your or anyone else's need of compliance with my views. Views that are based in my observations analysis and rational thinking.

Describe that as hate!? That's not at all there. Smarten up please. Your out to lunch on that accusation LEWCWA.

Again...What I clearly see and feed back to the forum as my personal position. I don't expect it will be all received with "Yea Woody your right on's".

I post with a tough crowd. I've recognized that for 8-9 years now. I've never allowed that fact to set me on my ass and compromise my integrity LEWCWA.

Maybe try debating exclusively with me instead of playing the silly immature devide and conquer card.

STRICTLY Hypothetically speaking:

If your going to hit me. Hit me straight on; so I can hit your right back. I'm up for any such challenge.

Stand on your own two feet Vs me. I welcome you and that. This is a forum and the exact right place for such. The 'only 'hurt may come to ego's.

I welcome that if you can conduct yourself with some decency and are open for a little bruising of ego along the way. Bring it on as you may...may not.

Your call LEWCWA. The ball is in your court. :smile:

PACKERS !

What exactly are you talking about? your diatribe from what you quoted above, was a response to "old" defending you and our right to bitch and complain. My comment was just a clarification of the sense I get from reading your posts. Your upset, but I don't think anybody has a clue why? Cause MM is fat? Cause he didn't rip anybody? Cause his team is sitting home this weekend (like 23 other teams)? Cause Ted didn't draft according to your draft card? Cause M Hyde has butter fingers? Cause MM lets Capers and Slocum still collect checks? Cause MM doesn't call you at the house and let you know what he is thinking? Cause GBP are gods team and if they don't win the SB, the devil must be running them? I just don't get it.

woodbuck27
01-11-2014, 12:30 AM
Well Mr. Woody-- I have zero animosity toward you, I have actually enjoyed your posting through the years. It just seems lately that you are taking this thing way to serious and developing a hate for people who you don't know and are successful..

I didn't think I cussed all that much in my post, my bad.

Do you see what goes on all over the NFL, I just don't think you get it. To be able to put a competitive team on the field year in and year out is success. The quality of talent is too close from top to bottom to expect much else. Really the only thing that that frustates me with your opinions is the fact that you come accross as knowing more than the professionals and well I don't think any of us are buying into that. These guys get paid to evaluate, coach, etc and have all the tools available. You don't know 1% of what MM or TT know about football!

NOTICE THE WHITE! lol

I promise you that I'll post to prove to you that I may be far more astute than you could possibly imagine I am.

I'm not going to lower myself and engage you in any pitched battle here LEWCWA.

I'm really sure that I have skills that Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson might 'only' wish they had. I've lived an incredible life and often had the leadership role LEWCWA. That's including a lot of experience and sports. I've as a fan had the privilege of seeing how it's done best and now clearly see that these two men are down the garden path right now. Moreso that fact is in my guts.

These two men are sincerely disappointing to me. These two men are going to ruin the Green Bay Packers as their going.

If you can focus on counters to my position:

Fill your boots and target me. I'll handle that. I'll debate with you and be prepared for the best from me if you need to see that. Find out what I've got LEWCWA and it's far far far removed from something as ugly as hatred.

I'll demonstrate to you that this Packer fan has gained some solid insight into the right's and wrong's of how to run the very best football team. It's a lot the same as how to run any business or organization big or small.

Football IQ >>> Up your shoe LEWCWA. :-?

To many of you sell yourselves short and that. You make these fellas out like their really special.

They get their T-shirts and socks on inside out just like you and I do sometimes. The thing that bothers me is when these leaders get all defensive and anal in their styles of coaching/managing. I know when a man is losing it. I can spot a defensive posture and posturing from afar.

I've actually lived far more life that Ted Thompson will ever live. His choices far different than mine. His choices don't make him any more skilled in evaluating a person than me. I won't budge off that.

As per my posts and getting your underwear all in knots. Simple solution and please.

Ignore my posts as that will really piss off your wife. That's sound advice right there LEWCWA.

GO PACK GO !

LEWCWA
01-11-2014, 12:41 AM
I promise you that I'll post to prove to you that I may be far more astute than you could possibly imagine I am.

I'm not going to lower myself and engage you in any pitched battle here LEWCWA.

I'm really sure that I have skills that Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson might 'only' wish they had. I've lived an incredible life and often had the leadership role LEWCWA. That's including a lot of experience and sports. I've as a fan had the privilege of seeing how it's done best and h these two men are down the garden path right now.

These two men are sincerely disappointing to me. These two men are going to ruin the Green Bay Packers as their going.

If you ca focus on counters to my position:

I'll debate with you and be prepared for the best from me if you need to see that. I'll demonstrate to you that this packer fan has gained some solid insight into the right's and wrong's of how to0 run the very best football team.

To many of you sell yourselves short and that. You make these fellas out like their really special and they get their T-shirts and socks on inside out just like you and I do sometimes. The thing that bothers me is when these leaders get all defensive and anal in their styles of coaching/managing.

As per my posts and getting your underwear all in knots. Ignore my posts as that will really piss off your wife.

GO PACK GO !

See now this post is entertaining and humerous. Your are either the most interesting man in the world or severly lacking in self esteem......

woodbuck27
01-11-2014, 12:53 AM
What exactly are you talking about? your diatribe from what you quoted above, was a response to "old" defending you and our right to bitch and complain. My comment was just a clarification of the sense I get from reading your posts. Your upset, but I don't think anybody has a clue why? Cause MM is fat? Cause he didn't rip anybody? Cause his team is sitting home this weekend (like 23 other teams)? Cause Ted didn't draft according to your draft card? Cause M Hyde has butter fingers? Cause MM lets Capers and Slocum still collect checks? Cause MM doesn't call you at the house and let you know what he is thinking? Cause GBP are gods team and if they don't win the SB, the devil must be running them? I just don't get it.

You don't get it.

You ...I expect never will. I don't play the personality clash game LEWCWA.

You don't even try to understand my views and because of that I'm at a complete loss.

If I said it was 'red' and it actually by definition of the color chart is 'red'; you would wonder 'why I said it was red'.

Your frustrated with me. LEWCWA. Your not the poster boy "of all things clear".

If you can get some better handle on your anger. You may stand a decent ..**NO...You won't get it.

Try to recognize that as RED !

Have a good Off Season LEWCWA.

Bye Bye.

woodbuck27
01-11-2014, 12:57 AM
See now this post is entertaining and humerous. Your are either the most interesting man in the world or severly lacking in self esteem......

LOL My self esteem is fine.

My friends and closest acquaintances have often remarked that I make them laugh ...that they enjoy the entertainment I provide.

That often comes with a way (s) to look at almost anything from an assortment of standpoints. I would have made a decent stand up comedian...my sister would have made a lot of money at that. She's remarkably humorous. I have a brother that hasa unique sense of humor as well.

All that comes from truly loving and Christian parents that taught us to love life and somehow embrace such and all people. That's just not reasonable with some that are clearly creeps.

A good sense of humor is often aided by well above average intelligence. My parents didn't have any stupid children. Thus they invested well in us.

That's ( a sense of humor) certainly enhanced with attention focused on gaining 'open minded' and clear insight.

That again gets to 'a very special place' when the above is all wrapped up in the true meaning of 'fair play'. To fully be aware that almost everyone can teach us something.

No Sir you can categorize me as you deem necessary to help you falsely deal with your issues.

I don't really give a damn.

LEWCWA
01-11-2014, 01:02 AM
You don't get it.

You ...I expect never will. I don't play the personality clash game LEWCWA.

You don't even try to understand my views and because of that I'm at a complete loss.

If I said it was 'red' and it actually by definition of the color chart is 'red'; you would wonder 'why I said it was red'.

Your frustrated with me. LEWCWA. Your not the poster boy "of all things clear".

If you can get some better handle on your anger. You may stand a decent ..**NO...You won't get it.

Try to recognize that as RED !

Have a good Off Season LEWCWA.

Bye Bye.

You have every right to think MM sucks as a coach. I just don't know why you think he does? you never say anything in black and white. If you think he sucks cause he didn't win a playoff game, well then 24-28 teams a year should be looking for new coaches....I think he is a good coach, because he puts a team on the field every season that has a shot. Thats it. Is he perfect, not by a longshot.
Like I said Lombardi wasn't perfect either....

LEWCWA
01-11-2014, 01:03 AM
LOL My self esteem is fine.

Well then getcha a Dos Equis.

woodbuck27
01-11-2014, 01:29 AM
Well then getcha a Dos Equis.

Com certeza.

Qual é sua opinião de Mike McCarthy birra no jogo de Cincinnati?

woodbuck27
01-11-2014, 02:21 AM
You have every right to think MM sucks as a coach. I just don't know why you think he does? you never say anything in black and white. If you think he sucks cause he didn't win a playoff game, well then 24-28 teams a year should be looking for new coaches....I think he is a good coach, because he puts a team on the field every season that has a shot. Thats it. Is he perfect, not by a longshot.
Like I said Lombardi wasn't perfect either....

If every time I saw MM doing something I disagreed with during the season I'd get tired of myself.

I believe there's a time to air it out and if a Packer fan can't do so right now he'd better hold his piece.

Now is that time and I'm not even landing on him with both feet.

I do realize that a lot of his ways has a direct LINK to Ted Thompson. I have to try to be fair and sift through all of that LEWCWA.

I believe I'm most definitely clear on what bothers me in each of these fellas.

That and me being rather sketchy is hardly the case.

woodbuck27
01-11-2014, 02:55 AM

Thanks.

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/rodgers-500x373.jpg

Bretsky
01-11-2014, 07:21 AM
For what it's worth I think every year we are very disappointed in MM's presser
He does his best to imitate Ted Thompson's media philosophy on that day
When we were all hoping for the remova of Vanilla Bob he gave us nothing

If he doesn't Fire Slocum after this year...when looking at how horried our special teams in year after year......I'll have less respect.

While I've joined the wagon, I never expected Dom to get fired and I have mixed feeling there. Let's call a spade a spade TT has FAILED Dom Capers

bobblehead
01-11-2014, 07:23 AM
I look at that collapse as a " Clearly ... TEAM LOSS". That game was simply blown south in a huge way. Too many to share the blame on that night's result.

I deleted all the extra bluster from this post. You were talking about the Cincinnati game here. I just wanted to point out that 7 other teams lost in Cincinnati this year. They ran the table at home. They beat the Patriots.

In that gameday thread I stated that if you go into Cincinnati as an NFC team and you win, you got serious superbowl aspirations. We nearly did it despite several bad breaks. Losing this game in a nailbiter using our 3rd RB who fumbled the game away is NOT proof of any deficiency on our GM or coaches part. If it is, you have to lump Bill Belicheck in the same boat.

pbmax
01-11-2014, 07:54 AM

I think Wallace, having gotten practice reps, would add another win or so, roughly the same as Flynn being backup since start of season. Not sure Detroit was salvageable but Eagles or Giants were winnable.

denverYooper
01-11-2014, 08:01 AM
I think Wallace, having gotten practice reps, would add another win or so, roughly the same as Flynn being backup since start of season. Not sure Detroit was salvageable but Eagles or Giants were winnable.

This. Both of those games really turned on some bad INTs from Tolzien.

woodbuck27
01-11-2014, 08:06 AM
For what it's worth I think every year we are very disappointed in MM's presser
He does his best to imitate Ted Thompson's media philosophy on that day
When we were all hoping for the remova of Vanilla Bob he gave us nothing

If he doesn't Fire Slocum after this year...when looking at how horried our special teams in year after year......I'll have less respect.

While I've joined the wagon, I never expected Dom to get fired and I have mixed feeling there. Let's call a spade a spade TT has FAILED Dom Capers

Hi B.:

I pay close attention to everything I can gleen from Mike McCarthy. I've observed that man grow more surly as the seasons roll on. Does that attitude of his bug me? Yes, it certainly does.

In fairness, I look at things even closer to try very hard to understand Mike McCarthy. Try to examine and understand his ways/manners/mannerisms (personality). Why? As a fan that's all I have. Is that hard on me? No it isn't ! I'm by nature (personality) and training a natural analyzer.

I desire a lot from Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson. Why? I'll go to part of my Green Bay Packer fan training/conditioning.

What has Vince Lombardi taught me:

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. ... Vince Lombardi

I'll explain to the membership a small part of what makes me tick:

In my career path which amounts to too much to go into here. I worked for over two decades in Engineering and Technology in many capacities in Canada's Nuclear Power Industy. I didn't take a job in that line of work. I targeted that Organization AECL Atomic Energy Canad Limited and in my grad year I was the first student to be offered employment in the entire Colleges Student body. I've based my entire life on achievement.

I never expected less from myself and in anything I'm a part of than to win. Only that is acceptable to me. If I feel the results of losing I want to turn that around ASAP. To get back to winning fast. The main focus of all I endeavour is based in that valued concept of living my life. ;-)

i.e.

** As a System Designer for the Instrumentation and Controls for Canada's Nuclear Power Plant Program. As a specially appointed member from the design team as an "Atomic Energy Worker".

** As the Lead Trouble Shooter and highest paid staff member in a four unit Power Plant. I worked my ass off. :-) That energy so far remains with me today "knock on wood". In all important respects... I'm as vital as I was in my 20's /30's. I don't need Viagra ! Too much information? Screw yaa ! I was granted solid physical gifts. I've seldom compete and not come out the winner.

What did "Saint Vince" advise us Packer fans /NFL football fans on that one:

I paraphrase:

" Show me anyone (someone) that accepts losing ... and I'll show you a loser " Vince Lombardi

Continuing in a subsequent post... SEE Part 2 of woodbuck27:

GO PACK GO !

pbmax
01-11-2014, 08:11 AM
Woody, I don't think anyone will seriously argue that the plan for the backup QBs this year worked well. I think McCarthy sold Thompson on Harrell being a good enough stop gap and they each expected significant progress from Coleman. Harrell failed to deliver and Coleman did not improve. McCarthy is still ticked about the CBA practice restrictions, and I bet Coleman is one reason why.

Flynn left last year, so you can claim this is an example of them getting a major item (though a backup item) wrong for two years. The backup QB is tough because its money spent for a player you never want to see hit the field. If you are wrong you go worse than 8-8-1, if you get it right you are 10-6 and might be on a roll for the playoffs. So it was a clear screwup and if I was performing their yearly evaluations, under Personnel Development, they would get a 2 - Less Than Satisfactory (1-5 scale).

However, I think the defense was a bigger failure and its on going problems are probably very complex.

On the plus side is that in the other 45 game day actives there are some very good players, who, with their first string QB, would have won the division going away, would have competed with Carolina for the second seed (maybe first seed as well) and we would be gearing up for the 49ers/Saints this week.

So I thing the overall arrow for the two is still pointing upward. Of greatest concern is the defense and why 3 competent people cannot make it work for three straight years.

woodbuck27
01-11-2014, 09:45 AM
Part Two of woodbuck27:

My career path and experiences helped stamp me:

** That was followed by an appointment as " the Lead Commissioning Assistant " for The Point Lepreau Nuclear GS in it's post Construction >>> Commissioning>>> to Operations stage.

** Add to that the fact that I have a Degree in Technology Education from one of the leading Education Training Departments in Canada or the University of New Brunswick's (UNB) with a minor in Statistics - Analysis and Mathematics.

** Mix in the dubious responsibility of being selected as " Leader" pretty much all of my LIFE. Having that responsibility going back to pre-adolescence.

Then 'just maybe' any fellow member of Packerrats might get a better handle on:

Who I am and why I'm that way. I never invent me. I'm too wise for such personal nonsense. Such BS is hard to maintain day to day to day. I chose honesty a long time ago for BEST IN MY LIFE.

If I've got your back. I try extremely hard to ensure that anyone couldn't find a better man. I'm 'right there' and if anyone is ever confused in that arena he/she needs to communicate clearly with me. I'm constant in my service to LIFE and caring to see the BEST results.

I'll add this also. I AM ALL MAN. If I'm in your face exactly as I present myself here. I'm not likely going to change that. I'm happy with my contributions here and if any member isn't so be it. Deal with that as best serves you. You'll never be my victim. Don't make me yours.

I'm giving some of my testimony.

Opening up right now to inform Y'all of just why I'm woodbuck27:

It began long before the following and I'll elaborate:

I was chosen member of the lead crew of 1st Criticality and First Online Operations Crew, as a support representative from the Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls Dept. On top of that I looked out for the day to day work status of > 100 Technical Support Staff. I had a very busy and responsible job to attend to in an environment that overall grew to become an overwhelming success.

Note this:

" The Point Lepreau Nuclear Generating Station achieved record levels of availability on a World Scale in the Nuclear Power Industry with a 10-year average of 93.11% and generated over 5,000 GWh/year of energy on a sustained basis for its first decade of operations. " A direct quote

I was a very strong contributing with pride and honor a part of that success. I carry all of that forward to here. I'm a part of the success of *** Packerrats.

*** There's only one way that ends until I die. I have to be banned from Packerrats. Otherwise, Not one here has the ability, strength and POWER to run me off. That will or won't come down to this forums owner. Madtownpacker.

Do I consider that a possibility? Your damn right I do, and why? because I offer a perspective different than most of the membership and do so with courage...without FEAR.

Take what you may from this and I'll explain who I am in some more depth:

Looking back at my time employed at the Point Lepreau Nuclear GS:

I was 'only' a part of that excellence. Very happily and proudly so. I try to bring all of that here to Packerrats and under extreme criticism and knocks that I handle with all due care.

I'm always capable of handling bullshit. I always have. :grin:

When I observe Mike McCarthy's and Ted Thompson's efforts I see very good and very bad. These fellas can certainly annoy or piss me off just as i piss some of you off.

I've seen so much Green Bay Packers in now over 55 years loving the Green Bay Packers. That's right LEWCWA > 55 years I've been loyal as a Packer fan.

In eight of those years I've been a dedicated member of Packerrats. I've observed/endured a lot as a member of this forum and survived it all with overall satisfaction. I trust/hope that the membership has seen my contribution as far out weighing anything that's me and calls alarm to their positions.

I don't ever apologize for being woodbuck27 unless I'm certain I've transgressed a boundary I regret. then I try to be quick to do so. I try to overall promote harmony on this forum. If your upset with me take some time to examine that issue in yourself. Don't go all ape shit on woodbuck27.

I always say. Attack the post and never attack the poster. Too often members here fail themselves in that regard. If you feel I'm "your enemy" please don't make "YOU" mine. Why? Because if you go there it's like pissing into the wind. Pissing on a rope dangling over your feet. :wink:

Again I'll never sacrifice personal integrity and I never have. My integrity is based in a careful examination and then a stance on anything I deem important in my life. I consider myself extremely dedicated as a Green bay Packer fan. Not obsessed not fanatical... dedicated and having the best interests as a fan as the focus of my membership at Packerrats.

I've certainly posted here as I felt was proper and by far did so with manners. I will always stand in for my beliefs and my personality is based in integrity.

I'll never sacrifice 'MY INTEGRITY' at any cost to my conscience.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
01-11-2014, 09:49 AM
Part Two of woodbuck27:

My career path and experiences helped stamp me:

** That was followed by an appointment as " the Lead Commissioning Assistant " for The Point Lepreau Nuclear GS in it's post Construction >>> Commissioning>>> to Operations stage.

** Add to that the fact that I have a Degree in Technology Education from one of the leading Education Training Departments in Canada or the University of New Brunswick's (UNB) with a minor in Statistics - Analysis and Mathematics.

** Mix in the dubious responsibility of being selected as " Leader" pretty much all of my LIFE. Having that responsibility going back to pre-adolescence.

Then 'just maybe' any fellow member of Packerrats might get a better handle on:

Who I am and why I'm that way. I never invent me. I'm too wise for such personal nonsense. Such BS is hard to maintain day to day to day. I chose honesty a long time ago for BEST IN MY LIFE.

If I've got your back. I try extremely hard to ensure that anyone couldn't find a better man. I'm 'right there' and if anyone is ever confused in that arena he/she needs to communicate clearly with me. I'm constant in my service to LIFE and caring to see the BEST results.

I'll add this also. I AM ALL MAN. If I'm in your face exactly as I present myself here. I'm not likely going to change that. I'm happy with my contributions here and if any member isn't so be it. Deal with that as best serves you. You'll never be my victim. Don't make me yours.

I'm giving some of my testimony.

Opening up right now to inform Y'all of just why I'm woodbuck27:

It began long before the following and I'll elaborate:

I was chosen member of the lead crew of 1st Criticality and First Online Operations Crew, as a support representative from the Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls Dept. On top of that I looked out for the day to day work status of > 100 Technical Support Staff. I had a very busy and responsible job to attend to in an environment that overall grew to become an overwhelming success.

Note this:

" The Point Lepreau Nuclear Generating Station achieved record levels of availability on a World Scale in the Nuclear Power Industry with a 10-year average of 93.11% and generated over 5,000 GWh/year of energy on a sustained basis for its first decade of operations. " A direct quote

I was a very strong contributing with pride and honor a part of that success.

Cont'd in Part Three of woodbuck27:

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
01-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Part Three of woodbuck27:

I carry all of that forward to here. I'm a part of the success of *** Packerrats.

*** There's only one way that ends until I die. I have to be banned from Packerrats.

Otherwise, Not one here has the ability, strength and POWER to run me off. That will or won't come down to this forums owner. Madtownpacker.

Do I consider that a possibility? Your damn right I do. Why? Because I offer a perspective different than most of the membership and do so with courage ... without FEAR. I'm more tham 'the Devils Advocate "at times.

I try to exercise care in my stances. I don't relish being any martyr. I'm just a simple man if you make a decent effort to understand me. Too many of you don't seem to have that capascity. Your too into your own comfort zone in my observation and so be it. I can contend with all of you here. I've certainly proven that in the past and won't change.

If your going to take me out on the basis of anything disagreeing with you. March against me and I'll go down fighting for my beliefs, principles, observations and ideals.

Take what you may from this and I'll explain who I am in some more depth:

Looking back at my time employed at the Point Lepreau Nuclear GS:

I was 'only' a part of that excellence. Very happily and proudly so. I try to bring all of that here to Packerrats and under extreme criticism and knocks that I handle with all due care.

I'm always capable of handling bullshit. I always have. :grin:

When I observe Mike McCarthy's and Ted Thompson's efforts I see very good and very bad. These fellas can certainly annoy or piss me off just as i piss some of you off.

I've seen so much Green Bay Packers in now over 55 years loving the Green Bay Packers. That's right LEWCWA > 55 years I've been loyal as a Packer fan.

In eight of those years I've been a dedicated member of Packerrats. I've observed/endured a lot as a member of this forum and survived it all with overall satisfaction. I trust/hope that the membership has seen my contribution as far out weighing anything that's me and calls alarm to their positions.

I don't ever apologize for being woodbuck27 unless I'm certain I've transgressed a boundary I regret. then I try to be quick to do so. I try to overall promote harmony on this forum. If your upset with me take some time to examine that issue in yourself. Don't go all ape shit on woodbuck27.

I always say. Attack the post and never attack the poster. Too often members here fail themselves in that regard. If you feel I'm "your enemy" please don't make "YOU" mine. Why? Because if you go there it's like pissing into the wind. Pissing on a rope dangling over your feet. :wink:

Again I'll never sacrifice personal integrity and I never have. My integrity is based in a careful examination and then a stance on anything I deem important in my life. I consider myself extremely dedicated as a Green bay Packer fan. Not obsessed not fanatical... dedicated and having the best interests as a fan as the focus of my membership at Packerrats.

I've certainly posted here as I felt was proper and by far did so with manners. I will always stand in for my beliefs and my personality is based in integrity.

I'll never sacrifice 'MY INTEGRITY' at any cost to my conscience.

GO PACKERS !

Pugger
01-11-2014, 10:49 AM

I think you have hit upon the truth in both of these paragraphs.

The only good thing that will come out of AR's injury is our defense's shortcomings saw the light of day and were no longer hidden by superior QB play and may now be more aggressively addressed.

You might be right about Graham Harrell too. He must have been one of those great practice players who fizzle under the bright lights. There can be no other logical explanation for MM to have stuck with that kid for so long. Maybe we'll now keep Flynn as AR's understudy like we did with Doug Pederson.

Pugger
01-11-2014, 10:53 AM

I think the Packers end up with the same record with him as they did without him before Flynn got to GB, 0-3. His performance in the Bears game was abysmal. 11/19 for 114yds and an INT. Couldn't win the game even with Lacy getting 150 yards on the ground. Maybe. And maybe not. I would guess Wallace would have played better than Tolzien did in those 2 games and Flynn would still be unemployed. We don't know if Wallace could have won some of those games because he never got the opportunity. He was moving the team fairly well before he got hurt in that one game he started.

woodbuck27
01-11-2014, 10:53 AM
I deleted all the extra bluster from this post. You were talking about the Cincinnati game here. I just wanted to point out that 7 other teams lost in Cincinnati this year. They ran the table at home. They beat the Patriots.

In that gameday thread I stated that if you go into Cincinnati as an NFC team and you win, you got serious superbowl aspirations. We nearly did it despite several bad breaks. Losing this game in a nailbiter using our 3rd RB who fumbled the game away is NOT proof of any deficiency on our GM or coaches part. If it is, you have to lump Bill Belicheck in the same boat.

" I deleted all the extra bluster from this post." bobblehead

What post bobblehead?

Couldn't you even offer the courtesy (decent respect) of posting the original post # Fr. this thread. Do you observe me acting that way? Which post are you exactly referring to bobblehead? :idea:

I'd appreciate that.... Thank You.

All the same:

What about "blowing a 16 point lead" in that game in Cincy?

What about "allowing 20 unanswered points"??

Sure the score was Cincy '4 points' over Packers but that loss was telling in many ways.

That loss was a clear picture of things we could look forward to as Packer fans in the 2013 season. It's too easy now to see that's the case in hindsight. Such observation better prepares for the future.

That loss set the RECORD at a losing One win and two Loss's. That caused tensions to rise. Things happened that went out of control.

Yes that loss in Cincy revealed so much more that would come to define the Green Bay Packers 2013 Season as an overall clear failure again.

It cannot be swept under the rug or explained away by referring to the Bengals 8-0 winning record at home in 2013.

There was far bigger fish to fry from that game then simply the result in the win-loss column.

Looking carefully at that game is telling "in/to the nth degree".

You must have been aware of the sideline blow up on Mike McCarthy's part. As a Head coach of any competence you must never ever go there. Thus we get some small insight into this "changing CULTURE" and the challenge that offers Mike McCarthy. That isolated screw up on his part is 'only' a small part of a much bigger 'hole' whole.

If Mc Carthy ever goes there again he might as well pack his bags in advance because Aaron Rodgers trumps his ass. Aaron Rodgers $ 55 Million$ or so guaranteed contract spells that out clearly. Mike Mccarthy has to get a grip. mind his "P's and Q's".

Can he stand "the HEAT". I predict not.

Mike McCarthy is so very close to losing his Locker room it's over the top too obvious. You don't need to be a fly on the wall to assess that's the case. You simply have to pay close attention as a Packer fan TRULY on TOP of it all.

You cannot get there if deluded or not open minded. All Rahh Rahh Packer fans are in for a huge let down if something doesn't flip really soon. I hate to be the messenger and that all too obvious assessment. I am as that's always been my role.

To face the real issues and problems head on without denial or procrastination.

The wiggle room is over.

TT and MM must convene on certain change ASAP.

GO PACKERS...GO PACK GO !

Pugger
01-11-2014, 11:06 AM
Losing the locker room? Nonsense! He got that MASH unit of backups and PS kids still playing hard and giving it their all right until the bitter end. I'd wager if all the shit that happened to this team - guys dropping like flies every week and losing your 2 best players for almost half of the season - happened to another team that didn't have this strong a staff we would have looked like the 2013 Lions and imploded. I think you are a tad too gloom and doom.

woodbuck27
01-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Losing the locker room? Nonsense! He got that MASH unit of backups and PS kids still playing hard and giving it their all right until the bitter end. I'd wager if all the shit that happened to this team - guys dropping like flies every week and losing your 2 best players for almost half of the season - happened to another team that didn't have this strong a staff we would have looked like the 2013 Lions and imploded. I think you are a tad too gloom and doom.

Nope ! You don't have this one right. Maybe take some real time to look again.

Me and gloom and doom. Ohh Dear. Hardly.

Your possible delusion (s) is causing you to misinterpret my stance.

I'm posting with an exact position of hoping that's avoided Pugger.

Examine it from the position of the man's own words. his latest BUZZ word.

The Teams "CULTURE" is changing. Always a challenge to deal with "the CULTURE changing".

Now add in MM's comments and too much emotion and needing time to wait for the emotional response to settle down.

This time it's NOT going where MM blindly expects it should in his "own mind".

Once the players on any team feel the results of bullshit. It's not long before they give up on the Head Coach; and that summons his exit PRONTO.

I've watched it happen over and over way too many times and Mike McCarthy doesn't have enough "job security " in Ted Thompson.

Mike McCarthy isn't immune to his own poison.

Look what happened with the great friendship and Joe Philbin and Mike Sherman in Miami last Monday. How much security did that "Joe and Mike" friendship / mentorship and long term association support Mike Sherman!??

That teams franchise? QB Ryan Tannihill wanted " Mike Sherman's head on a stick" and he got it. The Miami Dolphins GM...Mr. Jeff Ireland (that sucks) had to force Joe Philbin to execute his buddy Mike Sherman. That axe was to inevitably fall on Mike Sherman.

So much for integrity and Miami HC Joe Philbin. So much for "now former" Miami Dolphin GM Jeff Ireland. The Dolphin Organization got that piece of crap finally out of the way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Ireland#Miami_Dolphins

By the way Pugger. I saw that result a mile away. That one had to be determined as it was certainly necessary.

Do you want to see happen to the Green Bay Packers what was developing in the Miami Dolphins organization?

It's getting more and more dangerously closer to being; "just like that" and Packer HC Mike McCarthy. It's closing in on MM. If it closes in on Mike McCarthy is Ted Thompson far away from the core of the problem?

Ted Thompson has a job to do now. It's incumbent on Ted Thompson to wind Mike McCarthy in. Set Mike McCarthy on a more positive course. I'm not at all sure it's even worth it to go there. The bottom line is that all of Packer Nation needs to see some Big Change in Packers HC Mike McCarthy.

Mike McCarthy is dead in the water wrong Pugger and unless we see a complete adjustment and turn around. MM is as good as gone as the Green Bay Packers Head coach.

This is an easy prediction. Very easy !

GO PACK GO !

Patler
01-11-2014, 11:56 AM
Flynn left last year, so you can claim this is an example of them getting a major item (though a backup item) wrong for two years. The backup QB is tough because its money spent for a player you never want to see hit the field. If you are wrong you go worse than 8-8-1, if you get it right you are 10-6 and might be on a roll for the playoffs. So it was a clear screwup and if I was performing their yearly evaluations, under Personnel Development, they would get a 2 - Less Than Satisfactory (1-5 scale).

On the other hand, they were decisive and at least somewhat aggressive in trying to fix it this year. They signed VY (probably should have done it earlier than they did), and they released Harrell in the first cutdown. Essentially, they gave him a last chance in the early preseason games, but didn't give him the entire camp this year. I was surprised at them not giving Coleman a second season, especially in view of the patience shown with Harrell. That was decisive on their part.

They went out and signed a well-seasoned backup in Wallace. I can't blame them for him getting hurt, nor can I judge whether their "fix" was successful or not. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I do think that they were improved going into the season with Wallace and Tolzien over last year with Harrell and Coleman.

mraynrand
01-11-2014, 11:58 AM
If Mc Carthy ever goes there again he might as well pack his bags in advance because Aaron Rodgers trumps his ass. Aaron Rodgers $ 55 Million$ or so guaranteed contract spells that out clearly. Mike Mccarthy has to get a grip. mind his "P's and Q's".

Can he stand "the HEAT". I predict not.

Mike McCarthy is so very close to losing his Locker room it's over the top too obvious. You don't need to be a fly on the wall to assess that's the case. You simply have to pay close attention as a Packer fan TRULY on TOP of it all.

What's worse than a blowhard? How about a know-nothing blowhard? Textbook example right here ^^^^^

woodbuck27
01-11-2014, 01:08 PM
What's worse than a blowhard? How about a know-nothing blowhard? Textbook example right here ^^^^^

There ... The classic mraynrand side of "YOU" and attacking the poster and not the post.

* Your such "a small man". :-)

Should I apologize if my observation (s) clash with your **'pseudo' ** narcissistic, overbearing ways?

** See *.

I'm thinking............NOPE ... I don't believe so...small mind .. small man.

It has to be so difficult for you mraynrand or whoever you decide to be here. I feel sad for you.

You simply never got it.

You've been called out a lot in your miserable "no real attempt", to simply accept another's view (s), or choice (s); for simply trying, to live their lives.

Amongst all of society. People have to be "most aware" of your type. I've been born of such awareness for a long time and "your type" and your posting clearly defines "YOU".

The fact is you'll never graduate to any real decency. Why? You've generally failed to pay attention.

You asked for it >>> You got it back in spades.

Handle it Eh mraynrand? 8-)

woodbuck27
01-11-2014, 02:56 PM
" However, I think the defense was a bigger failure and its on going problems are probably very complex.

On the plus side is that in the other 45 game day actives there are some very good players, who, with their first string QB, would have won the division going away, would have competed with Carolina for the second seed (maybe first seed as well) and we would be gearing up for the 49ers/Saints this week.

So I thing the overall arrow for the two is still pointing upward. Of greatest concern is the defense and why 3 competent people cannot make it work for three straight years." ..pbmax

Hi pbmax:

There's not much in this portion of your entire post #141, that I don't agree with in terms of Packers winning the NFCN.

Then with that result:

I reserve any speculation on the Packers seed in these playoffs and a 100% Aaron Rodgers.

I'm not at all sure that even with 100% health in Aaron Rodgers and tossing good health and Randall Cobb; Jordy Nelson; James Jones; at TE and on the OL. With all that 100% assured which certainly is clearly unlikely and Green Bay Packers.

That all that could cover up the excuse for a defense that MM and Dom Capers; almost shoves NOT marches out on the field each game day. This Packer Defense does not even hardly compare with the qualities of defenses we see; with the by far majority of remaining eight teams in the playoffs.

I posted "the Points Against per game" for the offenses and defenses of the remaining eight teams; in B's ..." THINK IT's NOT A QB LEAGUE " thread last night.

SEVEN of the remaining teams are amongst the TOP ELEVEN NFL TEAM DEFENSES.

The TOP FOUR Team Defenses are all enjoyed by the four remaining NFC teams.

That doesn't exactly bold well for the what? ... 24th Ranked Green Bay Packers Defense with 26.8 Points/Game allowed.

How much of a concern is that?

How can Packer fans ignore a Packers Defense that gives up more points ( 26.8 Points/game) than the Packer Offense scores at an Eighth Ranked ( 26.1 Points/game ). That's a net -ve 0.7 Points /game.

The anomaly in any discussion and TEAN DEFENSE belongs to by far the NO. 1 OFFENSIVE TEAM. The Peyton Manning led Denver Broncos with the 22nd Ranked defense.

The Bronco Offense (Points scored/game) trumps it's closest competitor the NE Patriots by an impressive 10.1 Points/game.

I picked the Denver Broncos long ago to be the AFC Rep. in the Super Bowl. I predicted that their NFC Opponent will be the Seattle Seahawks. I still like my picks.

If I'm correct and I had to pick a winner right now I could 'only' guess. I need to see the state of both teams as the Super Bowl date arrives.

If it's today and those two teams. I would want Seattle and three (better five) points to lay my bet. That's the respect I give the Vet QB Peyton Manniing and his "been there before". That trumps a very talented yet relatively speaking inexperienced Russel Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks. I do respect what Seattle HC Pete Carrol has accomplished so fast in Seattle. He is hated and is knocked a lot so I take that as a positive sigh that he's really really good. :tup:

Sorry I'm so late with this response. I've been busy. :wink:

Have a nice weekend pbmax.

GO PACKERS... GO PACK GO !

Pugger
01-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Nope ! You don't have this one right. Maybe take some real time to look again.

Me and gloom and doom. Ohh Dear. Hardly.

Your possible delusion (s) is causing you to misinterpret my stance.

I'm posting with an exact position of hoping that's avoided Pugger.

Examine it from the position of the man's own words. his latest BUZZ word.

The Teams "CULTURE" is changing. Always a challenge to deal with "the CULTURE changing".

Now add in MM's comments and too much emotion and needing time to wait for the emotional response to settle down.

This time it's NOT going where MM blindly expects it should in his "own mind".

Once the players on any team feel the results of bullshit. It's not long before they give up on the Head Coach; and that summons his exit PRONTO.

I've watched it happen over and over way too many times and Mike McCarthy doesn't have enough "job security " in Ted Thompson.

Mike McCarthy isn't immune to his own poison.

Look what happened with the great friendship and Joe Philbin and Mike Sherman in Miami last Monday. How much security did that "Joe and Mike" friendship / mentorship and long term association support Mike Sherman!??

That teams franchise? QB Ryan Tannihill wanted " Mike Sherman's head on a stick" and he got it. The Miami Dolphins GM...Mr. Jeff Ireland (that sucks) had to force Joe Philbin to execute his buddy Mike Sherman. That axe was to inevitably fall on Mike Sherman.

So much for integrity and Miami HC Joe Philbin. So much for "now former" Miami Dolphin GM Jeff Ireland. The Dolphin Organization got that piece of crap finally out of the way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Ireland#Miami_Dolphins

By the way Pugger. I saw that result a mile away. That one had to be determined as it was certainly necessary.

Do you want to see happen to the Green Bay Packers what was developing in the Miami Dolphins organization?

It's getting more and more dangerously closer to being; "just like that" and Packer HC Mike McCarthy. It's closing in on MM. If it closes in on Mike McCarthy is Ted Thompson far away from the core of the problem?

Ted Thompson has a job to do now. It's incumbent on Ted Thompson to wind Mike McCarthy in. Set Mike McCarthy on a more positive course. I'm not at all sure it's even worth it to go there. The bottom line is that all of Packer Nation needs to see some Big Change in Packers HC Mike McCarthy.

Mike McCarthy is dead in the water wrong Pugger and unless we see a complete adjustment and turn around. MM is as good as gone as the Green Bay Packers Head coach.

This is an easy prediction. Very easy !

GO PACK GO !

Good lord, you think we are going the way of Miami???? There is no hint of anything like the crap that went on over there going on in GB. The ONLY reason we went 8-7-1 is because of injuries and one in particular. Even with all the shit that went on our offense was still ranked #3 in yards, #6 in passing and #7 in rushing in the league by week 17. I agree, our D needs to be fixed. But you suggesting things at 1265 are going the way of the Dolphins is ridiculous, frankly.

I give MM kudos for not letting this team go down the toilet and implode like the Lions, 'Skins, Texans and queens - 4 playoff teams in 2012 that absolutely went to hell in 2013. With players dropping like flies every week and losing our 2 best players for almost half the season Mike never lost his players. They continued to play hard even tho we were seriously undermanned in that playoff game against SF.

Bretsky
01-11-2014, 10:43 PM
As you know I fully expected Tolzien to fail. Scott Tolzien was a slightly above average college starter who had to master the O to be ok

It would not surprise me, however, if he ends up being a decent backup QB when he has a full offseason to master what GB is doing

mraynrand
01-11-2014, 10:47 PM
There ... The classic mraynrand side of "YOU" and attacking the poster and not the post.

There's no difference - attack the post or poster - the end result is the same: total nonsense, backed up either by no facts, or irrelevant facts.

mraynrand
01-11-2014, 10:49 PM

Thanks. ;-)

Instead of writing gibberish like a first grader, try answering the question:

woodbuck27
01-12-2014, 12:19 AM
Good lord, you think we are going the way of Miami???? There is no hint of anything like the crap that went on over there going on in GB. The ONLY reason we went 8-7-1 is because of injuries and one in particular. Even with all the shit that went on our offense was still ranked #3 in yards, #6 in passing and #7 in rushing in the league by week 17. I agree, our D needs to be fixed. But you suggesting things at 1265 are going the way of the Dolphins is ridiculous, frankly.

I give MM kudos for not letting this team go down the toilet and implode like the Lions, 'Skins, Texans and queens - 4 playoff teams in 2012 that absolutely went to hell in 2013. With players dropping like flies every week and losing our 2 best players for almost half the season Mike never lost his players. They continued to play hard even tho we were seriously undermanned in that playoff game against SF.

MM still has time to get it right Pugger. I hope he does.

GO PACK GO !

red
01-12-2014, 03:06 PM
i think we should hire the slimiest, cheatingest, pac-10 coach on the market, and bring him in as our new HC

worked for the two teams in the NFC title game

those are two guys who will do whatever it takes to win, and they know how to get away with it

mraynrand
01-12-2014, 04:07 PM
i think we should hire the slimiest, cheatingest, pac-10 coach on the market, and bring him in as our new HC

worked for the two teams in the NFC title game

those are two guys who will do whatever it takes to win, and they know how to get away with it

I gotta hand it to Pete Carroll - his is the most spectacularly successful jobs of coach laundering I've ever seen. Even John Calipari had to coach the Nets for a Year.

pbmax
01-12-2014, 04:11 PM
I gotta hand it to Pete Carroll - his is the most spectacularly successful jobs of coach laundering I've ever seen. Even John Calipari had to coach the Nets for a Year.

Carroll did coach the Jets :lol:

mraynrand
01-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Carroll did coach the Jets :lol:

Yes, but that was long before USC. I don't think there were any controversies before he got that job. However, I understand they almost gave the Seattle job to Denny Green, just for consistency!