PDA

View Full Version : How will Ahman do on Monday?

BallHawk
08-27-2006, 02:39 PM
I say 8 carries, 40 yards, and 1 TD. I'll just be satisfied if see he can still run and has the same athleticism he's known for.

red
08-27-2006, 02:41 PM
i'll say 5 carries for 20 yards and maybe a catch for 5-10 yards

this is just to let him take his first small step back into the game, they won't push him to hard. and this is a pretty good d, with good lB's

OS PA
08-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Logical:

3 carries 13 yards, 2 first downs, 6 yard long
2 catches 5 yards, 2 yard loss, 7 yard gain, 1 first down

Hopeful:

5 carries, 67 yards, 4 first downs, 33 yard long
1 catch, 6 yards, 1 touchdown

I hope he breaks one big, but chances are he'll see one or two outside runs, and one or two inside gap draws. He'll also get a pass in the flats or two to see if he is afraid of punishing a defender or not.

Does anybody remember the JSO article on Green from earlier this year where he said he cannot wait to get on the field, because when he does people are not going to want to tackle him?

Rastak
08-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Man, that's the 10 million dollar question.

It'll be interesting to see.

Tarlam!
08-27-2006, 03:03 PM
He breaks one, for around 65-70. TD, nothing less. Comes back in and does a 2 pointer, just to miff the Ohio fans.

What, you don't beleieve me?

GrnBay007
08-27-2006, 03:10 PM
All is well.....healthy and I hear he has a new GF. He'll be itching to make an impact. I bet he has a good game.

Tarlam!
08-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Ah, at least the Sassy One believes me!

MJZiggy
08-27-2006, 03:18 PM
No, I believe you too, I just doubt how long they're going to let him be in there for his first full-contact. I get the feeling he'll put in a great series, maybe two and be done for the night bouncing around on the sidelines wanting to get back in it.

Tarlam!
08-27-2006, 03:24 PM
Ah, two gals believe me in one night. I should move my thoughts to the graily thread!°

esoxx
08-27-2006, 04:46 PM
M3 has indicated Ahman will get 18-20 plays with around 10-12 carries.

Really though, to me it really doesn't matter HOW he performs against the Bengals. In addition to a new scheme and running behind three new interior lineman, which is hard enough on it's own, he will be trying to scrape nearly 10 months of rust off his game as well.

I think the #1 item of importance for Ahman in this game is that he feel confident with that tendon. Make a few cuts, take some shots...and come out of the game confident he is okay. Once he puts that behind him he can focus on being a difference maker as the season approachs.

The sub-plot for the Cinncy game is "How Ahman Got His Groove Back."

MadtownPacker
08-27-2006, 05:29 PM
For all the players that get all the airplay about wanting/needing/family needs more bankroll stories, Ahman is a player who should be commended for his dedication and commitment to playing RB and being a loyal Green Bay Packer. He has never been paid like many guys who never did anything in the NFL yet Ahman had the greatest year for a Packers RB in 2003 and he still played under steal of a deal contract he got from Sherm. S

Say whatever you want about his fumbles but he's production cuz he has been incredible every season has has played besides 2005. Green has been a flat out workhorse and if players like javon "the traitor in diapers" walker have 1.5 good seasons and want a new deal then player like Ahman should get a new contract without even having to ask.

But he was hurt?

Well what about crybaby's punk ass?

packrulz
08-27-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm pretty sure Ahman is way ahead of his rehab schedule, which sounds like he's healing nicely. He'll probably play 2 series and call it a day. Don't want to push him too hard. I'd like to see more from Davenport, Herron, & Beach, throw some passes to them & see who's the best.

Noodle
08-27-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm going to be holding my breath everytime he touches the ball. He had a bad, bad injury. So if he gets 8 carries with 25 or so yards, but is punishing defenders at the end of his runs and walks out the tunnel on his own, then I'll call it a very good night.

Joemailman
08-27-2006, 07:27 PM
One thing Ahman couldn't do last year before the injury was break tackles. It will be interesting to see if he is back to being able to so that. I imagine he won't play too much since the Packers are still trying to figure out which other backs will make the team. I think they will give Beach some reps with the 1st team to see what he can do.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 09:04 PM
One thing Ahman couldn't do last year before the injury was break tackles. It will be interesting to see if he is back to being able to so that. I imagine he won't play too much since the Packers are still trying to figure out which other backs will make the team. I think they will give Beach some reps with the 1st team to see what he can do.

Joe, it is harder to break tackles in the backfield. Thats where he was most of last year because the line didn't open any holes. It's easier to break tackles when you've built up a load of steam from running a few yards.

I don't believe breaking tackles will be the problem. The real question is, will there be a hole, and will Green find the hole with the one cut he is allowed? If we get those two things, it'll all be fine.... :mrgreen:

HarveyWallbangers
08-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Joe, it is harder to break tackles in the backfield. Thats where he was most of last year because the line didn't open any holes. It's easier to break tackles when you've built up a load of steam from running a few yards.

I tend to agree with this. The run blocking was atrocious early in the year. It got a little better as the year went on.

Terry
08-27-2006, 09:50 PM
I think they will give Beach some reps with the 1st team to see what he can do.
More important for Beach and seeing what he can do is playing against the 1st team. The other guys' first team.

the_idle_threat
08-27-2006, 11:40 PM
90 to 100 yards. 3 or 4 touchdowns. :mrgreen:

Doe
08-27-2006, 11:57 PM
6 carries 26 yards
1 Reception 12 yards

O-line looks so so again and Ahman has one nice run of 14 yards.

woodbuck27
08-28-2006, 12:48 AM
M3 has indicated Ahman will get 18-20 plays with around 10-12 carries.

Really though, to me it really doesn't matter HOW he performs against the Bengals. In addition to a new scheme and running behind three new interior lineman, which is hard enough on it's own, he will be trying to scrape nearly 10 months of rust off his game as well.

I think the #1 item of importance for Ahman in this game is that he feel confident with that tendon. Make a few cuts, take some shots...and come out of the game confident he is okay. Once he puts that behind him he can focus on being a difference maker as the season approachs.

The sub-plot for the Cinncy game is "How Ahman Got His Groove Back."

Reading that I'll predict abour 45 yards Rushing and a catch for 15 yards.

He won't score...but after the game he's pumped !

GO PACK GO ! FAITH FANS !!

This place will ROCK tonight. :mrgreen:

mmmdk
08-28-2006, 05:21 AM
7 carries for 30 yards, 2 receptions for 17 yards & 1 TD.