PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Brandt - Hiring and Firing season.

denverYooper
01-10-2014, 09:58 AM
Brandt had some Packers-related stories from his time in Green Bay's FO:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/09/nfl-hiring-firing-head-coaches-part-1/

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/10/nfl-hiring-firing-head-coaches-part-2/

Here is my favorite quote about M3, and is fantastic insight into part of his strength as a head coach:

The trait that impressed me most about Mike in our two years together was his emotional intelligence with players; he was the same guy after a win or loss, and he judiciously used emotional outbursts to maximize effect.

I've long felt as though McCarthy was *very* good at finding ways to connect and communicate with his guys on an emotional level, which is an important quality to have with a draft and develop organization.

pbmax
01-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Never has a man made more money from the same eight stories as Brandt. Its remarkable.

A guy like Florio, with a background in contract law and negotiations seems to have needed to branch out and be more fully featured. Brandt is the same product. He doesn't even have many stories about his time as a consultant for the Eagles.

Guiness
01-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Never has a man made more money from the same eight stories as Brandt. Its remarkable.

He's certainly made hay from his time with the Packers, and doesn't seem willing, or perhaps able, to branch out beyond that. Despite being front office for 6 years with the Pack, I'd guess that means he didn't cultivate many contacts around the league he can go to for information, or that he can only write about things he experienced first hand?

I still like what he writes, it gives me insight into the inner workings of my favorite team! However, he probably doesn't do that well nationally since his appeal probably doesn't extend much beyond Packer fans and the Packer's unique ownership means it doesn't apply to other teams.

mraynrand
01-10-2014, 12:36 PM
He doesn't even have many stories about his time as a consultant for the Eagles.

you talk about that, and you be swimming with the fishes.