PDA

View Full Version : Dear Football Gods....PLEASE

Bretsky
01-10-2014, 09:46 PM
LET THESE TWO TEAMS WIN (List the teams you want to move on and why)

but

THESE TWO TEAMS WILL WIN and by HOW MUCH (give your predictions)

red
01-10-2014, 09:57 PM
my football season ended last sunday

i could give a shit who wins at this point

Bretsky
01-10-2014, 10:00 PM
I will start..............AFC...........Easy Stuff

Anytime you can have a potential Hoody Genius and his evil partner against Payton Manning..........BRING IT............

And I'm not sure who I'd predict to win that one

NFC..............another easy one in terms of my wishes.........

I want to see the two teams who hate each other the most in the NFL play each other in the final 4
The coaches detest each other, the players detest each other............and

in my dreams the cheerleaders detest each other and fight it out bikini style in jello wrestling

BRING ME THE NINERS vs. THE HAWKS and RUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Bretsky
01-10-2014, 10:01 PM
PREDICTION TIME

NFC..........Carolina is favored by one and Hawks by 8

I think SF and Seattle wins................on the betting line........I'd take SF as the sure bet...........and I think I'd take the Saints to cover that spread

Bretsky
01-10-2014, 10:03 PM
THE AFC is tougher..............I think Denver wins but I don't think they can cover the 8 pt spread

I'm down the middle on Hoody Genius vs the Colts......in the end Hoody makes it hard on TY HIlton and they barley pull out a win. But I think Luck makes a lot of great plays and makes this a close game.

pittstang5
01-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Chargers will win the Super Bowl. The last four teams to play the Phila. Eagles at their season home opener has gone on to the Super Bowl and won.

Saints, Packers, Giants, Ravens......this year, Chargers. Bet the House on the Chargers.

channtheman
01-10-2014, 10:42 PM
Chargers will win the Super Bowl. The last four teams to play the Phila. Eagles at their season home opener has gone on to the Super Bowl and won.

Saints, Packers, Giants, Ravens......this year, Chargers. Bet the House on the Chargers.

What an interesting factoid.

bobblehead
01-11-2014, 07:47 AM

Wow, they are my sleeper pick too.

OK, want to win. Carolina and NO. I hate both the NFC west coaches and want them to wallow in misery.

Predictions. SD covers 9 1/2 and might win outright. They are playing well and buying into the coaching staffs philosophy...wildcard: Is Ryan Mathews playing?

Prediction 2: Carolina +1. SF doesn't even score a TD. Probably a game that goes over because I can't see either team scoring more than 1 TD. If our D held SF to 23, what should Carolina do? In a battle of FG's, I see Carolina winning 13-9

Edit: Carolina probably has the best D in the NFC at this point. Who would have predicted that at the beginning of the season?

denverYooper
01-11-2014, 07:57 AM
The Chargers are feisty, but I still think the Broncos win this one. I'm thinking about going to the game because there are still reasonably cheap tickets to be had and it should be a hell of a game. It's a chance to see 2 HOF players (Manning, Bailey) on maybe their last good run at the dance. I think Bailey is on his last ride, at least.

BTW, there has been a lot of discussion in town this week about Manning's 9-11 playoff record.

I think the Colts will beat the Patriots in a close one and Luck's legend will grow.

As for the NFC, it's a tough one. I want Carolina to win a 1 point game just because I can't stand Hairball.

Maxie the Taxi
01-11-2014, 08:12 AM
I want Seachickens and Fortywhiners to each lose twice.

pbmax
01-11-2014, 08:37 AM
I want Seachickens and Fortywhiners to each lose twice.

Please listen to this man.

Bretsky
01-11-2014, 09:08 AM
Wow, they are my sleeper pick too.

OK, want to win. Carolina and NO. I hate both the NFC west coaches and want them to wallow in misery.

Predictions. SD covers 9 1/2 and might win outright. They are playing well and buying into the coaching staffs philosophy...wildcard: Is Ryan Mathews playing?

Prediction 2: Carolina +1. SF doesn't even score a TD. Probably a game that goes over because I can't see either team scoring more than 1 TD. If our D held SF to 23, what should Carolina do? In a battle of FG's, I see Carolina winning 13-9

Edit: Carolina probably has the best D in the NFC at this point. Who would have predicted that at the beginning of the season?

Agree on SD covering........and a chance they win

But I'll take the asshat coach from SF over the Carolina coach and in the clutch I'll take Colin over Cam.
I think SF is really playing well and peaking.....and they just got the Dirty Crab back....IMO they are the only team that might b able to beat Seattle at home

Bretsky
01-11-2014, 09:10 AM
Just a couple thoughts

Denver was banged up and minus Wes Welker when they last played and it was also a MUST win for SD; on the other hand SD is peaking and if they score first and put the pressure on Denver it would be huge. I think this one ends up close

San Fran.....they just got back the BEST AVAILABLE PLAYER back when we were drafting Raji a few years ago. He is really valuable to those pricks

MJZiggy
01-11-2014, 09:37 AM
I want Seachickens and Fortywhiners to each lose twice.Yup.

Bossman641
01-11-2014, 10:19 AM
Want Colts-Broncos and saints-Panthers. Will instead get pats-Broncos and the crybabies from out west

Pugger
01-11-2014, 10:32 AM
I too am praying the chickens of the sea and the whiners lose BIG.

smuggler
01-11-2014, 01:39 PM
San Diego, New Orleans

As much as I hate Harbaugh, I actually like the 49ers more than I like the Seahawks.

bobblehead
01-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Agree on SD covering........and a chance they win

But I'll take the asshat coach from SF over the Carolina coach and in the clutch I'll take Colin over Cam.
I think SF is really playing well and peaking.....and they just got the Dirty Crab back....IMO they are the only team that might b able to beat Seattle at home

SF has a really tough road to the dance. Beat AZ, GB, Car, Sea, all on the road. AZ was in effect a playoff game.

bobblehead
01-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Overall recurring theme....Harbaugh and Caroll both suck ass and must lose.

Pugger
01-11-2014, 08:36 PM
San Diego, New Orleans

As much as I hate Harbaugh, I actually like the 49ers more than I like the Seahawks.

With NO out I guess I'd rather have SF in the SB over the chickens. It will be interesting to see how Carolina plays tomorrow.

Bretsky
01-11-2014, 10:37 PM
Time to acknowledge Seattle is a great team; San Fran will be a nice matchup for them

woodbuck27
01-12-2014, 12:43 AM

Isn't that amazing.

I'm thinking NO to the BOLTS all the same. The funny thing is that Philip Rivers looks so good and into it happy and confident right now. I just think that Peyton Manning really wants it again. He's having a very SPECIAL Season.

All year I felt it was going down to:

AFC New England and Denver

NFC San Fran and Seattle

* The 49ers have to defeat the Panthers on the road.

* The Broncos @ Home have to lick the pesky Bolts.

I see the 49ers and Broncos winning to set up the ultimate showdowns.

Then it gets really tough between New England and Denver... and San Fran and Seattle.

Seattle looked OK vs The Saints but Drew Brees and Sean Peyton both had bad days. Seattle seemed tentative and a tad nervous. Marshawn Lynch was the Seahawks MVP as the Hawks downed the NO Saints. That team is very good but also young and in the BIG game how much does that inexperience factor in!?

The New England Patriots easily handles Andrew Lucks Colts but Luck was picked way too often. As usual and at this time of the year the Pats dominated.

All year I had it as Denver and Seattle. Now I'm thinking that both of the visiting teams have it to win next week.

**That is if we actually get Pats Vs Broncos and 49ers @ Seahawks.

I'll wait until later to see who I believe wins * the above matchups Sun. 12 Jan. 2014.

** They must 'of course' be set first. :grin:

channtheman
01-12-2014, 01:06 AM
SF has a really tough road to the dance. Beat AZ, GB, Car, Sea, all on the road. AZ was in effect a playoff game.

But AZ was not really because the 9ers were already in the playoffs at that point. They'd clinched the previous week.

bobblehead
01-12-2014, 08:31 AM
But AZ was not really because the 9ers were already in the playoffs at that point. They'd clinched the previous week.

I thought they had to win that one to get in, or else AZ got in, no?

bobblehead
01-12-2014, 08:39 AM
Time to acknowledge Seattle is a great team; San Fran will be a nice matchup for them

I see them playing carolina next. And I don't acknowledge anything other than those are the grabbiest DB's in the league.

I acknowledge that the NFL is going the way of the NBA....officiate to sell tickets. Sell a story line. Just when people stop thinking that defense wins championships, allow the D's to grab and pull all the way through the playoffs so we get some good defenses deep in the playoffs.

Just when the dominant QB's are winning all the gold, take away their receivers so the defenses win games. Just as the NBA went the way of the WWE, I think the NFL is creeping that direction. On one redzone play the DB's of seattle were bearhugging the shit outta the saints recievers. Brees complained about it and the refs called PI on the next play...for pushing off on the WR.

Russell Wilson had 103 yards passing in the game. How in god's name does that pass for a "great team"?

No, I see a storyline in this years NFL playoffs, and it has been written by officiating to a certain end. I don't like it. I can watch the WWE for that.

pbmax
01-12-2014, 11:37 AM
I see them playing carolina next. And I don't acknowledge anything other than those are the grabbiest DB's in the league.

I acknowledge that the NFL is going the way of the NBA....officiate to sell tickets. Sell a story line. Just when people stop thinking that defense wins championships, allow the D's to grab and pull all the way through the playoffs so we get some good defenses deep in the playoffs.

Just when the dominant QB's are winning all the gold, take away their receivers so the defenses win games. Just as the NBA went the way of the WWE, I think the NFL is creeping that direction. On one redzone play the DB's of seattle were bearhugging the shit outta the saints recievers. Brees complained about it and the refs called PI on the next play...for pushing off on the WR.

Russell Wilson had 103 yards passing in the game. How in god's name does that pass for a "great team"?

No, I see a storyline in this years NFL playoffs, and it has been written by officiating to a certain end. I don't like it. I can watch the WWE for that.

If they start to ref like the NBA does, I will be done. Its ridiculous.

Bretsky
01-12-2014, 05:45 PM

This is the one deal I made some ching on this weekend. To me betting on SF over Carolina was as close to ez money as it gets in the playoffs. Better team.....better coaches...better QB. They could give Seattle a run

Bretsky
01-12-2014, 05:46 PM
It appears the football gods are listening........and I hit on the four predictions...unless Denver falls apart

I'm not sure who to pick next weekend.

channtheman
01-12-2014, 07:26 PM
I thought they had to win that one to get in, or else AZ got in, no?

AZ had to win and have NO lose to get in. The 49ers were already in at that point.

I agree completely with your next post. My dad and I have been paying special attention to officiating and it's getting annoying. I care a whole lot less about getting into it because it just seems whoever the NFL wants to win will win. I say sit back and enjoy it as a TV show, but not as a real sport. I don't even think we were supposed to beat the Bears at the end of the year, the way the refs allowed Nelson to get obliterated on the TD to Cobb play.

Jimx29
01-12-2014, 07:27 PM
my football season ended last sunday

i could give a shit who wins at this point

qft

bobblehead
01-12-2014, 10:24 PM
AZ had to win and have NO lose to get in. The 49ers were already in at that point.

I agree completely with your next post. My dad and I have been paying special attention to officiating and it's getting annoying. I care a whole lot less about getting into it because it just seems whoever the NFL wants to win will win. I say sit back and enjoy it as a TV show, but not as a real sport. I don't even think we were supposed to beat the Bears at the end of the year, the way the refs allowed Nelson to get obliterated on the TD to Cobb play.

Well, everyone knows that the refs swallow the whistle in the last minute of an NB...err...NFL game.

woodbuck27
01-13-2014, 04:23 AM
It appears the football gods are listening........and I hit on the four predictions...unless Denver falls apart

I'm not sure who to pick next weekend.

The AFC:

?? GO with B & B and Company (and I don't mean with 'a Continental Brecky' over Big Boy Orange ??

Who owns who .... next and again?

The NFC:

San Fran went there last season and has unfinished business. Jim and Colin come a calling.

Seattle looked really young, inexperienced and overall shakey defeating "the didn't show up again Saints on the road". Maybe? it was an off game for Seattle? That maybe? based in the thrashing that gave the visiting NO Saints the last time they flew to Seattle.

Did Pete Carroll seem his "too cool boy" self?

I'm really feeling ... figure it out. I'm +ve you can B..