Payton Manning
Tom Brady
Philip Rivers
Andrew Luck
Cam Newton
Drew Brees
Colin Kapernik
Russell Wilson

IF YOU ADD AROD....and FOLES to the above list I think you have the top 10 QBs in the NFL last year

call_me_ishmael
01-10-2014, 11:00 PM
The Big Show on WSSP today had an interesting discussion that when using the ESPN QBR system, ARod was not great in the playoffs. Significantly outplayed in the past three games by a very wide margin (Eli, Kaep, Kaep). Anyone have any info on this scale? I've never heard of it.

mraynrand
01-10-2014, 11:14 PM
The defense controls the performance of the other QB.

Little Whiskey
01-10-2014, 11:23 PM
I think the top 4 scoring defenses in the NFC are in the playoffs. Statistics! Make em show what you want.

woodbuck27
01-11-2014, 02:01 AM
Who is left in the playoffs ??

Payton Manning
Tom Brady
Philip Rivers
Andrew Luck
Cam Newton
Drew Brees
Colin Kapernik
Russell Wilson

IF YOU ADD AROD....and FOLES to the above list I think you have the top 10 QBs in the NFL last year

Offenses and Defenses based on Points Scored:

Payton Manning ...... 'O' = 1st = ( 37.9 P/G ) and 'D' = 22nd = ( 24.9 P/G )

Philip Rivers ........... 'O' = 12th = ( 24.8 P/G ) and 'D' = 11th = ( 21.8 P/G )

Tom Brady ............. 'O' = 2nd = ( 27.8 P/G ) and 'D' = 10th = ( 21.1 P/G )

Andrew Luck .......... 'O' = 14th = ( 24.4 P/G ) and 'D' = 9th = ( 21.0 P/G )

Cam Newton ........... 'O' = 18th = ( 22.9 P/G ) and 'D' = 2nd = ( 15.1 P/G )

Colin Kaepernik.........'O' = 11th = ( 25.4 P/G) and 'D' = 3rd = (17.0 P/G)

Drew Brees..............'O' = 10th = ( 25.9 P/G ) and 'D' = 4th = ( 19 P/G )

Russell Wilson ..........'O' = 8th = ( 26.1 P/G) and 'D' = 1st = (14.4 P/G)

Bretsky
01-11-2014, 07:22 AM
The Big Show on WSSP today had an interesting discussion that when using the ESPN QBR system, ARod was not great in the playoffs. Significantly outplayed in the past three games by a very wide margin (Eli, Kaep, Kaep). Anyone have any info on this scale? I've never heard of it.

I listened to this as well and the analysis made sene. In the end those QB's kept all of their 3rd down conversions going. But our defense had a lot to do with that.

denverYooper
01-11-2014, 07:32 AM
The defense controls the performance of the other QB.

So you're saying Rodgers would be a lot more successful against Green Bay's defense?

bobblehead
01-11-2014, 07:35 AM
I think the top 4 scoring defenses in the NFC are in the playoffs. Statistics! Make em show what you want.

Half of all schools in America are below average.

Bretsky
01-11-2014, 07:37 AM
The idea that we have the best QB in the NFL...if you buy into that....when you think about this

it just makes the rest of our units seem even more deficient

bobblehead
01-11-2014, 07:40 AM
The idea that we have the best QB in the NFL...if you buy into that....when you think about this

it just makes the rest of our units seem even more deficient

We did only have said QB for half the year. Also, as pointed out by Yoop (whether it was sarcasm or not), Kapernick got to go against our D, while ARod went against the SF D. And in all honesty, Kapernick did NOT outplay Rodgers. A turnover is huge in close games, and Kapernick should have had 2 of them....he did have 1. Our team bled rushing yards from the get go, while our offense went 3 and out the first quarter (3 possessions). Rodgers wasn't the problem, although he could have played better, no doubt. We need a healthy OL. If Sherrod isn't the answer, we will have the same problem all of next season.

denverYooper
01-11-2014, 07:44 AM

To get at what 'M' is referring to, while QBR does try to weight performance by importance of situation, it does nothing to account for the strength of the opponents' defense. DYAR, which does account for situations and opponent strength, has Rodgers outplaying Kaep (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2014/wild-card-quick-reads). In fact, FO has this capsule about Rodgers:

Rodgers' first quarter consisted of two incompletions, two sacks, and one fumble. Following that disastrous start, he had the second-highest DYAR of the week in quarters 2, 3, and 4. With 7 yards or less to go for a first down, he went 7-of-8 for 104 yards and seven first downs, including a touchdown. He had 18 plays with at least 8 yards to go for a first down, and converted only one of them.

Funny thing, our IT guy saw my Packers calendar this week and the first thing he said was "I thought the Packers were going to win that game, they were just too conservative in the first quarter." Indeed IT guy, they were.

pbmax
01-11-2014, 08:35 AM
Half of all schools in America are below average.

median of course, right?

Guiness
01-11-2014, 02:04 PM
So you're saying Rodgers would be a lot more successful against Green Bay's defense?

lol!

Remember Sharper's first year with the Vikings, and he bragged in the media how he knew Brent's tendencies and was going to shut him down? I think he gave up a couple of TD passes that day? Who knew who better was decided that day!

bobblehead
01-11-2014, 02:08 PM
median of course, right?

Well, when you are dealing with that large of a sample size the median tends to fall on the average. I use that statement because I once saw Pat Schroeder (D) Colorado say this on the house floor. She was outraged and trying to make a case for spending more money on schools. I was 24 at the time and absolutely flabergasted that a member of congress could be so incredibly ignorant.

Incidentally half of all packerrats are subpar posters as well.

Guiness
01-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Well, when you are dealing with that large of a sample size the median tends to fall on the average. I use that statement because I once saw Pat Schroeder (D) Colorado say this on the house floor. She was outraged and trying to make a case for spending more money on schools. I was 24 at the time and absolutely flabergasted that a member of congress could be so incredibly ignorant.

Incidentally half of all packerrats are subpar posters as well.

Are half your orgasms faked? :satan:

bobblehead
01-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Are half your orgasms faked? :satan:

Not mine, but I can't swear for everyone in this household....

Guiness
01-11-2014, 02:31 PM
Not mine, but I can't swear for everyone in this household....

The key is in the eyes. You have to watch the eyes.