PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks from today....Opening Day

ND72
08-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Not gonna lie...I'm pumped. Had our first varsity high school game friday night, Next weekend kicks of the Notre Dame and Wisconsin season's...

and 2 weeks from today, Game day. I'm going to say it now, i'm predicting an "upset" and the Packers are going to knock off the Bears. I even have a friend who is a Bears fan that feels the same way. He thinks Chicago will have a 8-8 season, and think Green Bay will go 8-8 or 9-7. I think the other way in thinking we're going 7-9 or 8-8...

GrnBay007
08-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Not gonna lie...I'm pumped. Had our first varsity high school game friday night,

Did you win? You coach, right?

I'm excited I will get to actually SEE the Packers play tomorrow night.
Radio just doesn't cut it.

ND72
08-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Ah no...lost 27-0...I'm a freshman coach in my hometown this year, so my pecking order dropped for me, used to be a Offensive coordinator, but took a job here, so I'm on the bottom of the totum pole, so i don't have much "say" in our varsity games. We played Lodi...pretty good team, lost in the semi-finals in D-4 last year year.

GrnBay007
08-27-2006, 04:28 PM
13 Days, 22 hours, 50 minutes remaining.................

http://www.packerpalace.com/palace/rearlogo2.jpg

...Comliments of Lovies star, Grossman.

packrulz
08-27-2006, 04:51 PM
I'm stoked because the Pack is playing better and the Bears have been struggling. But, preseason means nothing and the Bears are always jacked up vs the Pack. I guess I'm having flashbacks of Mike Brown slamming Favre in the chest at full speed and slamming him to the ground last year. No wonder Favre considered retirement. I'll be a little intimidated, & hope Favre doesn't get hurt.

ND72
08-27-2006, 05:01 PM
i think the bears will try to come after brett and the young line, but i think McCarthy will run a bunch of quick patterns to ease that up a bit...and zone blocking can seriously slow down blitzs, cause they are designed to destroy a blitz.

packrulz
08-27-2006, 05:11 PM
The good news is Favre is always jacked up to play da Bears too and he's been known to carve them up if he has time to throw, & a good running game. It'll be a fistfight.

OKC PackerFan
08-27-2006, 07:19 PM
I believe the outcome of that game comes down to 1 of 2 scenarios.

1. It will be a low scoring, grueling defensive battle with lousy offense from both teams. Bears defense bring a withering pass rush. Packers running and passing game will be hit and miss. Favre will take his hits but the offense will show just barely enough success to keep them in the game. Favre throws 1 INT. The team kicking a FG in the last minute of the game wins it. That means we live or die by Rayner's kicking.

Or

2. I think the Bears are a tough team defensively but also fragile, meaning they can be world beaters one minute and collapse the next. The Bears will have way too much overconfidence thinking that they are playing the same 4-12 team from last year. Here is where the Packers sneak up on the Bears. The Bears D will try to harry Favre with a withering pass rush. McCarthy sticks to the running game/WCO and the offense starts showing some success in the first half. Farve still takes some hits, but the O-line gives Favre some protection. Packers defense pretty much shuts down the Bears offense. 1st half is a low scoring affair with the Pack leading by a FG or a TD. The 2nd half is where the Bears defense starts to collapse. The Bears secondary starts showing its Achilles heel. The Packers having the feeling of some success in the first half start to smell blood and go on the attack. The running game opens up the passing game and the Packers win by 14 points.

If the Bears some how come up with an offense then both scenarios go out the window. :mrgreen:

Joemailman
08-27-2006, 07:30 PM
This game will come down to turnovers. Both offenses will be hard pressed to go the length of the field for a TD against the opposing defense. Whichever team gives up an easy score due to a turnover will probably lose.

FavreChild
08-27-2006, 08:02 PM
To quote Andy Williams..."It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

After next weekend, there will not be another dull Sunday until February.

This Saturday, I will experience my first game at Beaver Stadium, one of the largest football venues in existence.

I can't wait to dig out my "Bears Still Suck" t-shirt and laugh and laugh when Rexy Grossman pulls a leg hair after being sacked by A-Kamp, ending the QB controversy in FIB-land.

But most of all, I can't wait for Brett's first TD of the season. And Driver's. And Samkon's. And A-Kamp's first sack, and Al's first INT. :cool:

Charles Woodson
08-27-2006, 08:18 PM
, and Al's first INT. :cool:

What about Charles's, i mean were not paying the guy an un godly amount of money to suck... :shock: jk ugh, what i would give to live in green bay just to be able to watch the games on tv....

FavreChild
08-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Yup, Charles, too. He's gotta earn some lovin'. :cool:

INTs for everyone!!!

(Except Brett)

Bretsky
08-27-2006, 09:18 PM
I'm pumped, but I can't make up my mind about the chances GB has vs. Chicago. They are a lot better if Grossman starts though.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 09:26 PM
i think the bears will try to come after brett and the young line, but i think McCarthy will run a bunch of quick patterns to ease that up a bit...and zone blocking can seriously slow down blitzs, cause they are designed to destroy a blitz.

Hopefully they paid attention the Arizona game. That's exactly what they did and the Bears looked horrible...

Packnut
08-27-2006, 09:57 PM
I can tell ya from listening to a few of the radio shows today that the egotistical confidence they all had when camp started has evaporated. There are some serious chinks in the armour and we got a pretty good shot at pulling off the upset.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 09:59 PM
I'm pumped, but I can't make up my mind about the chances GB has vs. Chicago. They are a lot better if Grossman starts though.

I understand your point, but, (you knew that was coming, right? :wink: )

Grossman has had most of the reps in preseason games with the 1st team. Griese has been lighting it up with the #2's. The question is, what rapport does he have with the #1's?

Maybe another week of the circus followed by Griese being named "the guy" with only a week with the ones might not be so bad either.

Bretsky
08-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Good Points RG, but (we seem to have a lot of those when debating) I seem to recall Griese having no issues getting plugged into the fire with the Bucs. I'm cheering for Rex all the way. I see him making a lot more mistakes than Griese, and IF that D is nearly as good as last year we'll need turnovers to beat Da Bears.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 10:11 PM
and IF that D is nearly as good as last year we'll need turnovers to beat Da Bears.

It's not, I watched part of the Arizona/Chicago game, and ones D was PATHETIC.

Kurt Warner looked like an MVP.... Nuff said there. Lots of short passes, quick runs, and a confused "d" in the second series. Never did recover in my book.

Maybe they'll get it straightened around, but those are things we can do well.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Forgot to mention, but AZ doesn't have any better of an OL than we do. In fact, I think I'd take our line over theirs....

which is why I'm trying to avoid Edge in fantasy drafts this year.

Bretsky
08-27-2006, 10:42 PM
Forgot to mention, but AZ doesn't have any better of an OL than we do. In fact, I think I'd take our line over theirs....

which is why I'm trying to avoid Edge in fantasy drafts this year.

You must listen to the same sh@t that I do cuz Edge (az) and Rudi (schedule of D he plays) are two I'm avoiding if I can.

woodbuck27
08-28-2006, 01:08 AM
This joint sure made my Off Season pretty cool. :mrgreen:

Rastak
08-28-2006, 06:39 AM
Good Points RG, but (we seem to have a lot of those when debating) I seem to recall Griese having no issues getting plugged into the fire with the Bucs. I'm cheering for Rex all the way. I see him making a lot more mistakes than Griese, and IF that D is nearly as good as last year we'll need turnovers to beat Da Bears.

I watched the Bears last two games and Grossman's recievers were responsible in the quarter for alot of the trouble....2nd quarter has Grossman not playing very well I thought.

I think the Bears will get a wakeup call from this preseason and come out like a ball of fire against Green Bay...if Green Bay beats them in week one then I'd say they aren't going to have the year they had last year.