PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent Contest

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Let's assume TT is gonna open the checkbook this year. I know, bad assumption, but if he does, anybody wanna guess who he signs? One guess per person, you can change your guess as many times as you want but latest guess counts. I will sweeten the deal by sending winner wild rice I harvested while back in Wisconsin. If nobody joins contest, I will eat the wild rice. If nobody wins, I will eat the wild rice.

Guiness
01-11-2014, 01:13 PM
Can we ignore the assumption that he opens the cheque book and guess "signs no one"?

If so, I want to be in early with that one!

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Yup, you got that pick (and probably will win) but would take all the fun out of the contest.

bobblehead
01-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Do our own count? I would probably guess EDS.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-11-2014, 02:28 PM
Do our own count? I would probably guess EDS.

Sure, why not, but let's count only true FA signings, not extensions. May get expensive for me but I got lots of wild rice. In that case, I will take Shields off the board as my guess.

Bretsky
01-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Sure, why not, but let's count only true FA signings, not extensions. May get expensive for me but I got lots of wild rice. In that case, I will take Shields off the board as my guess.

Nothing like taking a chance Captain Obvious :))))

If I could liste ten options that were never on the roster...I'd probably score more points speculating on undrafted free agents than NFL free agents who were on rosters last yr

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-11-2014, 03:04 PM
"Nothing like taking a chance Captain Obvious"

Ha!

Wanted to take one of the easy ones off the board, so you assholes don't steal all my rice.

bobblehead
01-11-2014, 03:16 PM
I'm not as sold that we get shields back. Rosenasshole is his agent.

denverYooper
01-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Chris Clemons

Iron Mike
01-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Jon Beason

woodbuck27
01-11-2014, 07:27 PM
"Nothing like taking a chance Captain Obvious"

Ha!

Wanted to take one of the easy ones off the board, so you assholes don't steal all my rice.

Start bagging up that Wild Rice, mmmm good.

woodbuck27
01-11-2014, 07:34 PM
I'm not as sold that we get shields back. Rosenasshole is his agent.

He just might need a wee bit more grease.

It will come down to TT and his guaranteed money for Sam or it's bye bye Packers.

TT has to Show him a much better gurantee than he allowed Morgan Burnett.

I think that now Morgan Burnett is pouting but he signed the contract. He needs to kick his agents a long ways south of him.

bobblehead
01-11-2014, 09:01 PM
OK, lets make a more bold prediction. The money we intended to spend on Raji goes to....wait for it...Randy Starks of the Miami Dolphins. That is my call on who TT signs.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-12-2014, 11:58 AM
Ok, since Bobble changed his pick, let's go back to original intent, guessing new free agents (not their own), should make folks think a little more. I am changing mine to T. J. Ward.

bobblehead
01-12-2014, 01:21 PM
I would rather you are right than me :)

Guiness
01-12-2014, 02:21 PM
In an effort to tilt the contest in my favour, can we put a minimum price tag on the FA? Has to sign a contract worth at least $1.25million/year? If not, it hardly qualifies as 'opening the checkbook'! ;-)

Not a vote change, but I know what I wish he'd do...cut loose an OT or two (Barclay and Newhouse wouldn't hurt my feelings, and I'm pissed Sherrod didn't come in when Bak went down against SF) and bring in Branden Alberts.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-14-2014, 07:18 PM
Just bringing back to the top in case anybody else wants to get in. Notice I chose T.J. Ward, so hands off assholes. If you never had wild rice, not everybody likes it, kind of a nutty flavor. Most people mix it 50/50 with white rice, I eat it straight in chilli and/or hot dish recipes. I harvested it off Northern Wisconsin lakes and processed it like the Indians used to. Lots of work, usually sells for $8/lb at Whole Foods type places. You can get it cheaper at various other locations. I will send winner(s) enough for their immediate family. Ok bye.

red
01-14-2014, 07:25 PM
OK, lets make a more bold prediction. The money we intended to spend on Raji goes to....wait for it...Randy Starks of the Miami Dolphins. That is my call on who TT signs.

starks is on the wrong side of 30

we don't like resigning our own guys over 30, i seriously doubt TT would sign someone elses 30 year old

for some reason TT seems to think the 30 year old rule applies to everyone but QB's, not just running backs

red
01-14-2014, 07:29 PM
donte whitner

if you can't beat them, sign one of their players and steal all their secrets

6 million dollar a year deal

packrulz
01-15-2014, 03:57 AM
Mike Patterson

Rodgers12
01-15-2014, 05:14 AM
Just bringing back to the top in case anybody else wants to get in. Notice I chose T.J. Ward, so hands off assholes. If you never had wild rice, not everybody likes it, kind of a nutty flavor. Most people mix it 50/50 with white rice, I eat it straight in chilli and/or hot dish recipes. I harvested it off Northern Wisconsin lakes and processed it like the Indians used to. Lots of work, usually sells for $8/lb at Whole Foods type places. You can get it cheaper at various other locations. I will send winner(s) enough for their immediate family. Ok bye.

I noticed that your "location" is Colorado Springs. I assume that's your current residency.

If that's the case, and WHEN I win, I want you to sell your frickin' rice and use that money to buy some 'legal' herbs and send them to me instead, amigo.

Malcolm Jenkins.

bobblehead
01-15-2014, 06:53 AM
starks is on the wrong side of 30

we don't like resigning our own guys over 30, i seriously doubt TT would sign someone elses 30 year old

for some reason TT seems to think the 30 year old rule applies to everyone but QB's, not just running backs

OLD MAN STRENGTH!!! Pickett was 29 when we signed him and over 30 when we extended/resigned him. Starks feels a lot like the Pickett signing to me. The Dolphins don't value him enough and TT swoops in and steals a talent in a deep market for the position. DL who aren't speed based don't deteriorate the same way as other positons.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-15-2014, 08:08 AM
I noticed that your "location" is Colorado Springs. I assume that's your current residency.

If that's the case, and WHEN I win, I want you to sell your frickin' rice and use that money to buy some 'legal' herbs and send them to me instead, amigo.

Malcolm Jenkins.

Weed cookie? Retail weed going for $55 an 1/8, double of the medical prices. AND, you can't buy it in CS...

SkinBasket
01-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Pat Sims.

I'm fixing to put a couple squirrels on that there rice.