PDA

View Full Version : Official Divisional Games Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

woodbuck27
01-13-2014, 03:45 AM
Hmmm... Now to keep an eye on tickets to go see Manning-Brady for the dance. I might pull the trigger if I can snag a reasonable single. SA field is about a 20 minute bus ride from my burb.

We have two outstanding match-ups next weekend.

It really is coming down to the crème de la crème.

woodbuck27
01-13-2014, 03:49 AM
Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano 33m

Peyton asked if he thinks about his neck injury: "What's weighing on my mind is how soon I can get a Bud Light in my mouth after this win."

Bud "Light" = expensive soda water.

Dear Lord... for a man of his means, Peyton has lousy taste in beer.

pbmax
01-13-2014, 08:03 AM
O-MA-HA!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/0ap2000000312677/Peyton-loves-Omaha

Guiness
01-13-2014, 08:30 AM
That's one of my go-tos. 7.8% and I can get a 6 for 8.69.

Who's? Does New Belgium still make one? I know they did at one time, but I don't know if it was a seasonal or part of their regular lineup.

denverYooper
01-13-2014, 08:55 AM
Who's? Does New Belgium still make one? I know they did at one time, but I don't know if it was a seasonal or part of their regular lineup.

It's part of New Belgium's regular lineup. At least here it is. I'm not sure about distribution outside of CO, but it sounds like Red can get it in Wisco.

denverYooper
01-13-2014, 09:00 AM
O-MA-HA!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/0ap2000000312677/Peyton-loves-Omaha

Doesn't Eli use Omaha a lot as well?

Wesley Woodyard has a weekly radio spot here and does a hilarious impression of Manning. It's sort of like Chapelle's white guy voice, but with the drawl.

denverYooper
01-13-2014, 09:03 AM
Bud "Light" = expensive soda water.

Dear Lord... for a man of his means, Peyton has lousy taste in beer.

He's a simple man, drives a Buick and loves his pappy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bud Light paid him for that reference.

Guiness
01-13-2014, 09:05 AM
It's part of New Belgium's regular lineup. At least here it is. I'm not sure about distribution outside of CO, but it sounds like Red can get it in Wisco.

Nice. When I was in SC last year I tried a few of their beers that don't seem to be in wide distribution, or at least not available in Canada - Hop Ranger, 1554 and Snow Day - all great, really liked the 1554. Looking at their current lineup, I'd like to try the Coconut Curry Hefe. I don't usually liked spiced ales but it looks good!

denverYooper
01-13-2014, 11:13 AM
HUGE

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 3m
Fears confirmed: Torn ACL for Broncos CB Chris Harris.

Harris has played very well this year.

red
01-13-2014, 11:34 AM

yeah its here all the time all over the place on the wisconsin-UP border

red
01-13-2014, 11:36 AM
Nice. When I was in SC last year I tried a few of their beers that don't seem to be in wide distribution, or at least not available in Canada - Hop Ranger, 1554 and Snow Day - all great, really liked the 1554. Looking at their current lineup, I'd like to try the Coconut Curry Hefe. I don't usually liked spiced ales but it looks good!

i just tried their "accumulation" which is a winter seasonal IPA. it was ok i guess, never been a big fan of IPA's

Guiness
01-13-2014, 11:47 AM
i just tried their "accumulation" which is a winter seasonal IPA. it was ok i guess, never been a big fan of IPA's

I like hoppy beers, even heavily so - Dogfish head 60 minute is a fav, I've enjoyed the 90 minute and even had the Squall 120 minute. Enjoyed them all.

What some New Belgium heavily hopped beers seem to suffer from is a 'vegetal' taste from too much green stuff in the boil. I detect it as a soapy flavour myself.

denverYooper
01-13-2014, 11:51 AM

I go through phases with IPAs, but pretty much everyone has one and most are unremarkable at this point. My favorites are Great Divide's Titan/Hercules single/double. But people who come out for brewery tours and then batter their tastebuds with only IPAs are doing themselves a disservice, because Colorado has a lot of fantastic German/Belgian styles.

Avery's abbey styles will knock your socks off. I'm a huge fan of The Reverend.

red
01-13-2014, 12:29 PM
I like hoppy beers, even heavily so - Dogfish head 60 minute is a fav, I've enjoyed the 90 minute and even had the Squall 120 minute. Enjoyed them all.

What some New Belgium heavily hopped beers seem to suffer from is a 'vegetal' taste from too much green stuff in the boil. I detect it as a soapy flavour myself.

for me with hoppy beer, it just tastes like i threw a hop pellet in my mouth. i taste that and nothing else.

its like hot food for me. if you put hot sauce or hot spices on my food, all i can tell you is that its hot, i can't pick out any other tastes

red
01-13-2014, 12:31 PM
Avery's abbey styles will knock your socks off. I'm a huge fan of The Reverend.

never heard of it. i'll have to see if i can find some the next time i'm at woodmans in green bay, or at ridge view liquor

pbmax
01-15-2014, 08:31 AM
This might get lost to the bottom of the front page, but since it came up, thought it was worth a post.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/15/nfl-says-ref-was-right-not-to-flag-49ers-for-12-in-the-huddle/

49ers correctly NOT called for 12 in huddle because play clock had not started.

red
01-15-2014, 10:08 AM
This might get lost to the bottom of the front page, but since it came up, thought it was worth a post.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/15/nfl-says-ref-was-right-not-to-flag-49ers-for-12-in-the-huddle/

49ers correctly NOT called for 12 in huddle because play clock had not started.

the nfl came out and said that it was correct for the refs not to throw a flag there because they had 12 in the huddle while the play clock was stopped or some stupid thing

nfl is just making shit up as they go along to cover their own asses at this point

this is how you get rules that make no fucking sense