PDA

View Full Version : Manning or Brady?

Kiwon
01-14-2014, 07:46 AM
Two great quarterbacks meet this Sunday for the 15th time.

Manning or Brady - Overall, between the two, who's your favorite and why?

bobblehead
01-14-2014, 07:50 AM
Well, the NFL got their storyline, now I believe they will let them play it out. I believe we see Brady in the game because Manning tends to wilt in these situations more often than not. NE has a superior defense as well, and with the officials allowing so much uncalled PI in the playoffs I wouldn't be shocked to see more running plays than passing plays until the very end where one guy (manning) will be forced to get pass happy to catch up.

Striker
01-14-2014, 08:18 AM
I'd go with Manning. He's funnier.

pbmax
01-14-2014, 08:23 AM
Belichick will do something to disrupt Manning's O. The outcome depends on how long it takes the Broncos to recover.

But the Patriots are going to melt the Broncos D as well. Whenever I predict this, I am usually wrong, but it has to be shootout.

Denver Mannings win late.

red
01-14-2014, 08:27 AM
brady, he's been there and done it so many times that i don't think the guy ever feels any pressure

Maxie the Taxi
01-14-2014, 08:39 AM
Brady, because he's partnered with Belichick. These teams know each other well, so advantage Belichick.

Kiwon
01-14-2014, 08:47 AM
I'd go with Manning. He's funnier.

Congrats, Striker, you got the question exactly right.

Bossman641
01-14-2014, 08:55 AM
I like Manning better - he's not afraid to poke fun at himself.

denverYooper
01-14-2014, 09:32 AM
Belichick will do something to disrupt Manning's O. The outcome depends on how long it takes the Broncos to recover.

But the Patriots are going to melt the Broncos D as well. Whenever I predict this, I am usually wrong, but it has to be shootout.

Chris Harris out is a big help to the Pats. He was Denver's best on the outside. However, NE doesn't have any real speed out there, do they? I'm really interested to see what the Broncos do with Bailey because once the Chargers found Jammer lining up outside, they roasted him. Champ's lost a step and has been lining up as the nickel corner, but he might be able to hang outside against the Pats. Maybe they let him man the outside if they're not afraid of losing a foot race there.

I don't give a damn about Manning or Brady here, though that is on the marquee. This game could be Bailey's last great moment to shine. I hope he takes it and runs with it on his way out. The guy has been nothing but a class act in Denver and I'm rooting for him to close out his career with a bang.

denverYooper
01-14-2014, 10:06 AM

In the last game, it was all over the airwaves that New England's plan was to concede the run all day and give Manning looks that would generally make him choose to hand off. Denver ran for 280 yards that day but lost when they couldn't hang onto the ball. Wisco favorite Montee Ball fumbled to start NE's comeback and got benched for the rest of the game.

smuggler
01-14-2014, 10:31 AM
I definitely prefer Manning, the person. In this game, I believe the Broncos will win. As to which player is better? Well, right now, I think it's pretty even, but for their careers, I think I prefer Brady. I don't buy into the clutch stuff as much. While Manning has always had superior receiver talent, Brady has always had a better defense, and that helps a LOT when it comes to performing in the clutch.

Kiwon
01-14-2014, 08:08 PM
I don't buy into the clutch stuff as much. While Manning has always had superior receiver talent, Brady has always had a better defense, and that helps a LOT when it comes to performing in the clutch.

Besides being a difficult question anyway in choosing between the two, the role of being "clutch" is also a toughie.

Manning's passing records speak for themselves. Some critics might argue that his 11 playoff losses say something too. (Overall 9-11 playoff record)

Brady's 17-7 in the playoffs. That's an amazing 8 more wins than Manning in 3 less full seasons as a starting QB (Manning's had 15 full seasons to Brady's 12 full seasons).

It's a good point about the defenses but it isn't the defense that Brady is directing down the field to score in key moments.

As has been noted, the Brady-Belichick collaboration is no doubt a key factor in Brady's success. But is Brady's talent so intrinsic that he would be the same QB in another system or with another coach?

Manning IS his own system. He's a player-coach on the field and seems like he would be successful wherever he played.

Again, back to "clutch." It that the aspect that separates the two? (That's a question, not a statement :cool:)

Bretsky
01-14-2014, 08:16 PM
A couple misc tidbits

Brady has crushed Manning record wise in regular season
It's only 2-1 Brady in playoffs

Brady gets sacked once every 12 plays; Manning once every 40 plays..........BIG difference

Brady has a really impressive portfolio of work on the social front

woodbuck27
01-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Quote by Striker

" I'd go with Manning. He's funnier. " Striker

" Congrats, Striker, you got the question exactly right. " Kiwon

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvba9bT8isTcHTuiWJmSXg5mAA_eZf6-V0ailpVOEgYfKtq8Nl

I find Peyton Manning really funny.

He drinks Bud Lite.

** Brady and Belichick ... by association: It's a B & B .... Bed and Brecky for them on the Road.

Peyton Manning will be really comfortable... sleeping at HOME.

The most productive offense in NFL history:

BRONCOS !

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-14-2014, 10:31 PM
Brady - people think he is an ass, but I love his passion for winning. No one wants to win more than this guy and over the last 12 years no one has.

Kiwon
01-15-2014, 01:00 AM
I find Peyton Manning really funny.

He drinks Bud Lite.

** Brady and Belichick ... by association: It's a B & B .... Bed and Brecky for them on the Road.

Peyton Manning will be really comfortable... sleeping at HOME.

The most productive offense in NFL history:

BRONCOS !

Well, another thing that I admire about Manning is that he understands the game on and off the field. It helps when your dad is Archie Manning and played forever.

He's a businessman and he's turned his celebrity into a serious brand worth big bucks.

A-Rod and Clay Matthews are doing the same thing on a smaller scale and capitalizing on the popularity of the Packers. Conversely, there's no telling how many newbie Packer fans they have drawn in due to the popularity of their commercials.

In the end, it's all good.

Patler
01-15-2014, 06:29 AM
Brady's playoff record might be a bit deceiving. He started his career 9-0 in the playoffs, during a time when he was not so much the focus of the offense as a manager of it. Recall that the first year he had 572 yards passing and 1 TD in their three playoff victories. In his first 9 playoff games, he had 1951 yards and 11 TDs, hardly stellar QB numbers. Since those three SB runs, his record is a more normal 9 -7. The aura of Brady in the playoffs was built on those first three appearances when it wasn't so much about him as about the entire team.

Manning was just the opposite. He was 0-3 his first three times to the playoffs. Since those first three appearances, his record is 10-8 in the playoffs. The perception of Manning choking in the playoffs comes a lot from his 0-3 start as a playoff QB. Manning played on a lot of very lopsided teams in his career; teams not unlike the Packers of the last few years, with defenses that could stop no one.

With their teams relying on them, built around them, each has come through, and each has had some stinker playoff games.

denverYooper
01-15-2014, 09:08 AM
If Bob Sanders could have stayed healthy, the Colts would have won more playoff games.

mraynrand
01-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Mutual of O-MA-HA!

http://www.emedicaresupplements.com/client/assets/images/mutual-insurance.jpg

mraynrand
01-15-2014, 09:12 AM
If Bob Sanders could have stayed healthy, the Colts would have won more playoff games.

injury prone!

pbmax
01-15-2014, 09:32 AM
I miss those ads. Nationwide too. The Packer playoff game made me nostalgic for the old Diehard commercials with a Ford LTD alone in the parking lot of Three Rivers Stadium in a block of ice.

Maybe we should discuss Bradshaw versus Stabler next?

denverYooper
01-15-2014, 09:46 AM
injury prone!

You never disappoint.

Pugger
01-15-2014, 10:17 AM
I like Manning better - he's not afraid to poke fun at himself.

Yes, I can't recall many times Brady has ever come across as self effacing or even with a sense of humor.