PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell new Lions HC

KYPack
01-14-2014, 02:01 PM
I'm glad.

I was worried the Kittys would hire Ken Wiz.

The Wiz seems like a guy would get the LIons O on track.

Caldwell seems bland to me.

Guiness
01-14-2014, 02:17 PM
Mediocre hire. I think he's largely an unknown.

He didn't do badly in Indi, but hard to tell how much Peyton had to do with his winning and losing. The 2-14 season was brutal and he didn't seem to know what to do, but it seemed like he should've got a Mulligan for that one.

Patler
01-14-2014, 02:27 PM
God guy, born and raised in Wisconsin.

Bossman641
01-14-2014, 02:33 PM
Not a very impressive background. 1 winning season in 7 at Wake Forest. 2 good seasons with Indy riding Dungy coattails before bottoming out at 2-14. Initial success last postseason with Baltimore but their offense sucked this year.

pbmax
01-14-2014, 02:46 PM

Is that good, or is it just assumed? :lol:

His rep among his peers seems pretty good. But outside of Flacco's hot run through the playoffs with Boldin and Jacoby Jones, his results in Baltimore were decidedly mixed. Same with Colts, with Peyton they were on fire, but the D had some trouble and then Irsay tanked to get Luck.

Pugger
01-14-2014, 02:57 PM
How come he looks so old for 59?

KYPack
01-14-2014, 03:05 PM

Beloit, P

That only counts half.

I felt sorry for the guy that last yr in Indy.

He always looked so lost and puzzled.

2SB rings as a OC, right?

Guiness
01-14-2014, 03:16 PM
Beloit, P

That only counts half.

I felt sorry for the guy that last yr in Indy.

He always looked so lost and puzzled.

2SB rings as a OC, right?

One belongs to Peyton, the other to Ray Ray, IMO.

Speaking of which, it's become obvious that Flacco should remit part of his ridiculous salary to the estate of Ray Lewis.

Patler
01-14-2014, 03:18 PM
Is that good, or is it just assumed? :lol:

His rep among his peers seems pretty good. But outside of Flacco's hot run through the playoffs with Boldin and Jacoby Jones, his results in Baltimore were decidedly mixed. Same with Colts, with Peyton they were on fire, but the D had some trouble and then Irsay tanked to get Luck.

Just relaying what I have heard from people who know him. Seems very low-key, especially for an NFL head coach.

Patler
01-14-2014, 03:20 PM
Beloit, P

That only counts half.

Half? Why?

pbmax
01-14-2014, 03:33 PM
Just relaying what I have heard from people who know him. Seems very low-key, especially for an NFL head coach.

I know. I was joking about the possible typo or great phrase that started you characterization.

KYPack
01-14-2014, 03:46 PM
Half? Why?

Border town.

half Fib half wiskey.

Striker
01-14-2014, 03:52 PM
Eh, not the most worrisome hire but he may be able to (assuming they have some success) at least instill some discipline in the team.

Fritz
01-14-2014, 07:23 PM
The GM has not done Caldwell any favors by insisting the new head coach cannot choose his own defensive system, has the talent already in place to win immediately, and is responsible for changing the culture of the organization, though all current non-coaching staff are just fine as they are, thank you very much.

A set up for failure, methinks.

KYPack
01-14-2014, 07:31 PM
The GM has not done Caldwell any favors by insisting the new head coach cannot choose his own defensive system, has the talent already in place to win immediately, and is responsible for changing the culture of the organization, though all current non-coaching staff are just fine as they are, thank you very much.

A set up for failure, methinks.

+ It's public knowledge Caldwell was the second (cheaper than Wiz) choice.

That's good, for the Pack.

smuggler
01-15-2014, 12:21 AM
Yaaaaaaay!

smuggler
01-15-2014, 11:17 PM
Back again to bump with another YAAAAY!

woodbuck27
01-16-2014, 06:25 AM
How come he looks so old for 59?

Maybe? he never discovered this:

http://www.olay.ca/en-ca/Pages/DefaultFlash.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Olay_Search_Desktop_Brand+Awareness&utm_term=oil%20of%20olay&utm_content=sEuNmm3JX|dc_oil%20of%20olay_e_2401492 8067

That's this mans beauty secret.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSR-LdLT_TRRxcKfka9uPKDJd5VGSx1dlkEJX4uOSBLB-e8fTLF

He always looks .......... refreshed.

OLAY !

Cheesehead Craig
01-16-2014, 09:37 AM
He's essentially Leslie Frazier. People will say how great of a guy he is and how much they like him, but I don't believe he's a good HC. So I'm happy the Lions got him.

Fritz
01-17-2014, 06:47 AM
Yeah, this one doesn't scare me like Zimmy in Minny.

Caldwell had the misfortune of overseeing the dismantling of the Colts with Manning's missing year, but he's been handcuffed in Detroit with the management's insistence that the personnel there is fine, and that Caldwell must run the type of defense they already have, and that he must change the entire culture but without any real authority (see first two points).

I think this will be Martin Mayhew's and Tom Lewand's last gasps in Detroit. They'll be starting all over in the shitty kitty city in about three years.

KYPack
01-17-2014, 08:21 AM
Yeah, this one doesn't scare me like Zimmy in Minny.

Caldwell had the misfortune of overseeing the dismantling of the Colts with Manning's missing year, but he's been handcuffed in Detroit with the management's insistence that the personnel there is fine, and that Caldwell must run the type of defense they already have, and that he must change the entire culture but without any real authority (see first two points).

I think this will be Martin Mayhew's and Tom Lewand's last gasps in Detroit. They'll be starting all over in the shitty kitty city in about three years.

What's the reaction in Motown?. Blasé and he fucked before he starts?

I was worried the Lions would sign Zim. He'd get that defense playing out of their minds.

Fritz
01-17-2014, 06:30 PM
Yawns in Motown. He was seen as a consolation prize when they couldn't get The Whiz.

pbmax
01-17-2014, 07:17 PM
Yawns in Motown. He was seen as a consolation prize when they couldn't get The Whiz.

Yawn is the same reaction his press conferences get.