PDA

View Full Version : LACY...named roty...

gbgary
01-14-2014, 03:16 PM
by PFWA. (http://blog.packers.com/2014/01/14/eddie-lacy-named-pfwas-rookie-of-the-year/)

been out there a while. surprised it was posted yet. maybe it's no big deal.

Zool
01-14-2014, 04:15 PM
Shouldn't we be more excited about this news?

red
01-14-2014, 04:17 PM
is that the real ROTY, or just that one groups ROTY?

i haven't seen it anywhere else today

congrats to him either way

pbmax
01-14-2014, 04:25 PM
That is the Pro Football Writers Award. Its legit, but not the league-recognized official award.

bobblehead
01-14-2014, 06:22 PM

I was excited by his season and our success running the ball. I would imagine Eddie is thankful for the props, but I didn't really care.

Kiwon
01-14-2014, 08:15 PM

I was wondering the same thing. He's our team MVP, IMHO.

Tony Oday
01-14-2014, 08:23 PM
I was wondering the same thing. He's our team MVP, IMHO.

So, so wrong, Kiwon, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

It's AR by far.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-14-2014, 10:28 PM
Lacey is a rock solid running back, but I wish I could say the same about his stomach. The guy is probably the best running back in the league next year if he shows up in tip top shape.

Kiwon
01-15-2014, 12:29 AM
So, so wrong, Kiwon, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

It's AR by far.

I thought you had Scott Tolzien as our MVP.

Given that A-Rod missed just a few games (basically the months of November-December), me thinks that he'd agree with me. :wink:

Eddie Lacy, a real baaaaad boy - 305 rushes, 1259 yards, and........1 fumble. Break out the dread lock wigs! The Packers have finally found their running back!

Forget Matt Forte. Forget "Beast Mode." We got..........Eddie Lacy! (He just needs a catchy nickname)

Tony Oday
01-15-2014, 02:06 AM
Yup Tolzien MVP and Flynn-it-to-win-it ;)

Lacy is a stud BUT without AR the Pack are the Vikes :(

bobblehead
01-15-2014, 07:52 AM
Lets not forget that this OL and their willingness to run block had a lot to do with the success of Eddie. I actually kind of prefer starks (blasphemy). I like the way he delivers punishment as opposed to Eddie absorbing it. Problem is that he is injury prone. For my taste I would split the carries and hope Starks lives to the postseason (and Eddie as well).

pbmax
01-15-2014, 08:30 AM
Yay Eddie, yay running game. Hello 8-8-1.

I keep telling you guys its WAY overrated.

:lol:

In other news, I just realized the power to solve 1/3 of the Slocum problem lies within M3's play calling authority. Stop punting on 4th down. Possible exception inside your own 30 or late in game with one score lead.