PDA

View Full Version : Sterling Sharpe - Worst color man ever

Rivers Rutherford
08-27-2006, 08:15 PM
That's color man not colored man.

Watching Texans/Broncos on NFL network....Sharpe never....ever....ever....shuts the hell up. Obnoxious, know it all, and obnoxious come as adjectives to describe his style.

Truly awful!

Does anyone know who is doing the regular season games on the NFL Network?

HarveyWallbangers
08-27-2006, 08:24 PM
I don't mind him in the studio.

Joemailman
08-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Sharpe is bad, although I would argue that O.J. and Kenny Stabler were in the same class.

gbpackfan
08-27-2006, 08:53 PM
Sharpe is HORRIBLE!!!!!

He was talking about Mario Williams in the first half and said that the public shouldn't be fooled by Mario's lack of numbers and that he is playing great. He then said that Mario's job was to hold the point of attack on the outside and not allow the RB to get around him. Which makes sense right? Well, he then said that the teams in Mario's division run inside running games just like the Broncos do. And that Mario is highly effective against the inside run. What!!!!! He totally contradicted himself. I am not sure if I am explaining this right but he was basically making excuses for Mario and was going to pimp him no matter what. It was down right embarassing!

And for what it is worth, I have seen more playmaking ability out of Hawk then I have seen out of Williams. I know it is early, but as of right now, I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH MARIO WILLIAMS.

One more thing, Flanagan looks average to below average. He is still getting pushed around in the running game and looks old and slow. Scott Wells was the right choice for us.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 09:32 PM
That's color man not colored man.

Watching Texans/Broncos on NFL network....Sharpe never....ever....ever....shuts the hell up. Obnoxious, know it all, and obnoxious come as adjectives to describe his style.

Truly awful!

Does anyone know who is doing the regular season games on the NFL Network?

Well, up until a week ago it was going to be Bryant Gumbel. I think that plan is now on hold.

I don't think the rest of the team, or the "other guy" was ever announced. If it was, I missed it.

FritzDontBlitz
08-27-2006, 11:43 PM
i have never heard sharpe in the booth, but i know he can't be nearly as bad as that delusional dweeb that worked the packers' first exhibition game with ron pitts.

chewy-bacca
08-28-2006, 09:07 AM
i have never heard sharpe in the booth, but i know he can't be nearly as bad as that delusional dweeb that worked the packers' first exhibition game with ron pitts.

you mean the game vs. SD? That was Gannon right?

Zool
08-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Cmon people. Joe Theismann?? Dan Dierdorf?? Sharpe is Kevin Harlan compared to these 2 morons. I cant believe I have to sit through 3+ hours of Theismann tonight and every Monday night for the forseeable future.

Scott Campbell
08-28-2006, 09:47 AM
The sad thing is that I think they teach them to be loud and shout over eachother like that.

sharpe1027
08-28-2006, 09:54 AM
I didn't get to hear #84, maybe he was trying to make up for never talking to reporters when he played. :smile:

On a related note, did anyone else get sick of Rich Gannon's unending prattle during the Packer's games? The guy never shuts up.

woodbuck27
08-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Sharpe... dress's... SHARP.

but man... he's full of himself. :smile:

Down... with Michael Irvin !!! Yuuuccchhh !!! :razz:

Chester Marcol
08-28-2006, 12:09 PM
Let's not forget his brother. I laugh my ass off everytime he does the highlights at half time. He has to talk fast and it's like he's speaking his own language. It's hard enough when he talks at a regular pace.

GoPack06
08-28-2006, 12:11 PM
I think he's good. Id much rather have him than Joe Thiesman, the most annoying man in the histroy of the free world.

BananaMan
08-28-2006, 12:13 PM
I kind of liked him. At least he showed some emotion and was more "colorful" then the usual color guy.

Homer Jay
08-28-2006, 12:14 PM
Let's not forget his brother. I laugh my ass off everytime he does the highlights at half time. He has to talk fast and it's like he's speaking his own language. It's hard enough when he talks at a regular pace.

His own language, with a mouthful of marbles.

Does anybody else remember years ago when Terry Bradshaw tried to do color? Now that was bad.

Pack_Attack
08-28-2006, 04:17 PM
you were right the first time... Sharpe might be the worst colored man EVER!!!!