PDA

View Full Version : Walker

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Walker has 41 yards at half time. Thoughts?

MJZiggy
08-27-2006, 08:51 PM
If I posted them they'd have to move this thread to the Garbage Can...

I so despise him. Whiney baby.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 08:55 PM

Maybe he'll tear the other ACL in the 4th preseason game? Or, better, some 4th string corner will hold him without a catch?

gbpackfan
Who gives a shit. He's a f-ing bronco now.

PaCkFan_n_MD

:D You and me both, he was one of my favs. But looks like he back to form.

MadtownPacker
08-27-2006, 08:59 PM
Why is Rod Smith getting his catches in traffic?

Joemailman
08-27-2006, 09:02 PM
I won't care what Walker does until we meet them in a game, at which point I hope he breaks both his legs.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 09:05 PM

Because Plummer trusts him.... :cool:

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-27-2006, 09:08 PM

Because Plummer trusts him.... :cool:

Also, vets know how to work the middle.

MadtownPacker
08-27-2006, 09:13 PM
But guys, walker has to play hard! If he doesnt have a great year shanahan might dump him since his contract ius really no better then what he was getting in GB.

Why didnt walker catch those throw when a DB was near him?

Bretsky
08-27-2006, 09:14 PM

Time to get bashed again; but my thoughts are the same. We didn't get enough for Javon Walker to warrant trading him. We started thinking we'd get a 1 and 3, then we all agreed to accept just a 1, then our Packer homerism helped talk us down to accepting just a 2nd. Not enough

B

Bretsky
08-27-2006, 09:15 PM
I won't care what Walker does until we meet them in a game, at which point I hope he breaks both his legs.

HATE TO ADMIT IT, BECAUSE IT'S A RARITY WHEN I DO THIS, BUT I HOPE JW FAILS. HE IS A CHUMP IMO

retailguy
08-27-2006, 09:17 PM
But guys, walker has to play hard! If he doesnt have a great year shanahan might dump him since his contract ius really no better then what he was getting in GB.

I would thoroughly enjoy that outcome. He needs to be knocked down a few pegs.

Why didn't he catch them? Maybe he's a bit worried about getting hurt twice with a one year contract....

Terry
08-27-2006, 09:31 PM
I don't know why everyone hates Walker. I think his attitude was quite understandable, given his youth and the unfortunately confluence of circumstances. If it weren't for the injury, none of it would have turned out the way it did. C'est la vie. Shit happens.

Sometimes there is just simply no blame to pass around. And human beings are human beings. That's what we've inherited from 10,000 years of history and that's what we've got, period. Think of the bones of 20 to 50 MILLION people that Industrial Russia sits on; then think that none of us are so different; then think about Walker.

Give him a break. A lot of you would act the same way.

HarveyWallbangers
08-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Fuck Walker!

retailguy
08-27-2006, 09:34 PM
A lot of you would act the same way.

I think you might be surprised. It'd be a cold day in hell before I'd have behaved that way.

Brando19
08-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Walker sucks and tried to make Favre look like a bad guy for saying he should honor his contract. Favre acted the way a leader should, by telling his receiver to get his a## back in camp and quit acting like a baby!

Maybe I'm bitter because I believe our season would have been much, much better had he not got hurt the first game. :mad:

Packers4Ever
08-27-2006, 09:41 PM

:D You and me both, he was one of my favs. But looks like he back to form.

Me too, he was big trouble waiting to happen.
Up a notch or two from Carroll though.... :roll:

Bretsky
08-27-2006, 09:43 PM
I don't know why everyone hates Walker. I think his attitude was quite understandable, given his youth and the unfortunately confluence of circumstances. If it weren't for the injury, none of it would have turned out the way it did. C'est la vie. Shit happens.

Sometimes there is just simply no blame to pass around. And human beings are human beings. That's what we've inherited from 10,000 years of history and that's what we've got, period. Think of the bones of 20 to 50 MILLION people that Industrial Russia sits on; then think that none of us are so different; then think about Walker.

I HATE WALKER BECAUSE HE DIDN'T GIVE US A CHANCE. HE SLAMMED THE DOOR IN OUR FACES AND USED THE MEDIA TO BULLY TT INTO THAT DAM TRADE.

Packnut
08-27-2006, 09:54 PM
What I find hilarious is that if all of you condemming Walker would have been in his place, you'd have wanted more cash too. The guy learned the hard way that one play can end it all and based on his preformance, he DESERVED it.

Now you can lie and tell me I'm full of shit, but not one of you would'nt improve your families lot in life if you could. The sad truth is that Walker is gonna have a very good year and it should have been for us. We've got 7 mill in cap space right now that could have been used on him but TT has no regard for blue chip players.

Packers4Ever
08-27-2006, 09:55 PM

I'd sure hate to be a Packers fan and acting in the same way he did !
He made his bed, he wanted out of here and didn't have the smarts to go
about it as most would. Wasn't his family even in on it?
He's GONE ! Good riddance, IMHO ~

]{ilr]3
08-27-2006, 09:55 PM
I don't know why everyone hates Walker. I think his attitude was quite understandable, given his youth and the unfortunately confluence of circumstances.

Youth? He is like 28 years old! He is 5 years older than his shitty attitude would suggest.

No, I sure as hell wouldnt act the same way. Most certainly not when I was 28 years old.[/code]

HarveyWallbangers
08-27-2006, 10:02 PM
What I find hilarious is that if all of you condemming Walker would have been in his place, you'd have wanted more cash too. The guy learned the hard way that one play can end it all and based on his preformance, he DESERVED it.

Now you can lie and tell me I'm full of shit, but not one of you would'nt improve your families lot in life if you could. The sad truth is that Walker is gonna have a very good year and it should have been for us. We've got 7 mill in cap space right now that could have been used on him but TT has no regard for blue chip players.

Horse shit. He didn't earn a new contract yet. He got a $5M signing bonus his rookie contract (which he conveniently forgot), and didn't outperform his contract until his third year. His first 2 years (at least, his first 1 1/2 years) he underperformed his contract. I would have been all for him getting a contract if he proven himself with one more good year. Hell, I side with Deion Branch vs. New England. He's been underpaid for a few years. He deserves more than $1M/year. Javon went about the whole thing in the worst possible way. He's dumber than a box of rocks, and didn't know who to listen to. Screw him! He could have been one of the Packer greats. He could have been a legend. He let greed get the best of him.

Packnut
08-27-2006, 10:04 PM
What was his choice. Play another season for us and pray he would'nt get hurt and then try to collect? Let's just say he had been the loyal Packer player and stayed with us and let's say he takes another shot in that same knee and his career is over. Not one of us in his right mind would have taken that chance.

You guys are all looking at this from a loyalty view-point which is nieve to say the least. The NFL, whether we like it or not is a business plain and simple. There are very few players who are loyal to their team. On the Packers we have #4 and may-be Hawk in the future but other than that, it's all about money for the rest.

Packnut
08-27-2006, 10:07 PM

Horse shit. He didn't earn a new contract yet. He got a $5M signing bonus his rookie contract (which he conveniently forgot), and didn't outperform his contract until his third year. His first 2 years (at least, his first 1 1/2 years) he underperformed his contract. I would have been all for him getting a contract if he proven himself with one more good year. Hell, I side with Deion Branch vs. New England. He's been underpaid for a few years. He deserves more than $1M/year. Javon went about the whole thing in the worst possible way. He's dumber than a box of rocks, and didn't know who to listen to. Screw him! He could have been one of the Packer greats. He could have been a legend. He let greed get the best of him.

Wake up my friend! That's the reality in todays NFL. None of these guys earn the money they are paid out of college. Has Rodgers earned all the cash he signed for? Stop looking at it from a fan's view-point. This is a business and the owners want as much as they can make and the players are just as greedy.

HarveyWallbangers
08-27-2006, 10:09 PM
What are you talking about? So, you think a guy who plays three years and has one good year should ask for more money? What about the two years before that? Boy, you'd have all kinds of problems on your team if you start caving in like that. A guy should at least have two good years before he wants his deal redone.

He started crowing about the money last year. Acting like a bitch with his incoherent rants on Jim Rome and other shows--comparing himself to a soldier in Iraq, and dumb shit like that. Then, he started acting like a bitch again this offseason.

HarveyWallbangers
08-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Wake up my friend! That's the reality in todays NFL. None of these guys earn the money they are paid out of college. Has Rodgers earned all the cash he signed for? Stop looking at it from a fan's view-point. This is a business and the owners want as much as they can make and the players are just as greedy.

You believe what you want, but I don't have to root for his bitch ass. I won't.

BallHawk
08-27-2006, 10:16 PM
I hope he fails. He's a dick. I understand that the NFL is a business, but he handled it like a child. He played the hardone by act and turned the media against the Packers. He didn't allow a chance for the Packers to do something. If he says he isn't too happy right now and wants a new contract, maybe something happens. Instead he says he would rather retire than be a Packer. Not the best barganing tip. That's like trying to sell a house to a Muslim and making a joke about Muhammad, it's not going to happen.

red
08-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Fuck Walker!

dito

he wanted to make it ugly and get out of town, the proof is that he signed that little midget dickheaded agent

f@ck him, i hope his career ends this year before he gets his new deal

karmas a bitch

wist43
08-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Walker was the best WR to come thru Green Bay since Sterling Sharpe. TT should have paid him and he never should have been traded.

I think he's one hell of a receiver.

FavreChild
08-27-2006, 11:05 PM

Agree. I thought it was just a situation that went bad. I would be very unhappy to stay in a position where a relationship with management was so damaged. I wish Walker well, and agree with Terry that blaming is pointless and/or is misplaced.

Don't care if others do or not. I wouldn't waste energy on hating him, though. Not to mention that Denver is in all likelihood a playoff team (my pick to win the AFC).

Bretsky
08-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Walker was the best WR to come thru Green Bay since Sterling Sharpe. TT should have paid him and he never should have been traded.

I won't argue he's the best WR to come here since Sterling

I didn't like what TT let him escape for.

But if I was TT I'd have reached out to JW and let him know how important he was to GB and massaged his ego a bit. Tough to give him big time $$ after a torn ACL.....but use the personal skills to get him here and work on the deal. Something went wrong somewhere in that process. Not sure what.
Both I'm sure are to blame somewhat. I too hope JW fails.

Bretsky
08-27-2006, 11:09 PM
""position where a relationship with management was so damaged""

This I don't think I agree with; the relationship may have been damaged in Javon Walker's mindworld, but it didn't have to be.

Joemailman
08-27-2006, 11:21 PM

As for the last comment, all I can say is, Speak for yourself.

FritzDontBlitz
08-27-2006, 11:40 PM
i wish javon walker all the best.

i also wish he grows the fuck up before he turns 30. i don't care what the circumstances were while he was here, his antics were something that would be inexcusable even if it were my 9 year old daughter acting out like that.

now, enough about the ghosts of packers past already. on to packers present.

i also wish greg jennings a healthy and productive season. jennings has already demonstrated more maturity as a rookie than javon did during his entire stay in green bay....

woodbuck27
08-28-2006, 12:19 AM
Fuck Walker!

I'll be looking for him on your FF Team now Harv. :mrgreen:

ahaha
08-28-2006, 12:29 AM
I don't think most people here would have acted the way Walker did. Most of us aren't that stupid. Through all the crap, Walker got the same kind of deal with the Broncos as he was getting with the Packers. The big money in the contract comes after this year. That means the Broncos have until next summer to decide whether or not he's worth the big bucks. He was in the same boat with the Packers, only they would have tried to sign him to a big extension long before next June, if he showed he's recovered, because they'd be desperate to do it before he hit free agency in March. Who knows, maybe with a good exhibition season he would have been offered that contract now, with plenty of guaranteed money. This had nothing to do with "wanting to feed the family", he just wanted out of Green Bay. Fuck you Walker!

Partial
08-28-2006, 12:32 AM

I would thoroughly enjoy that outcome. He needs to be knocked down a few pegs.

Why didn't he catch them? Maybe he's a bit worried about getting hurt twice with a one year contract....

Why? He'll get picked up by somebody else thinking they can mold him into a monster? People will always take a shot at talent. He'll get his money no matter what happens.

Partial
08-28-2006, 12:34 AM
I don't think most people here would have acted the way Walker did. Most of us aren't that stupid. Through all the crap, Walker got the same kind of deal with the Broncos as he was getting with the Packers. The big money in the contract comes after this year. That means the Broncos have until next summer to decide whether or not he's worth the big bucks. He was in the same boat with the Packers, only they would have tried to sign him to a big extension long before next June, if he showed he's recovered, because they'd be desperate to do it before he hit free agency in March. Who knows, maybe with a good exhibition season he would have been offered that contract now, with plenty of guaranteed money. This had nothing to do with "wanting to feed the family", he just wanted out of Green Bay. Fuck you Walker!

I would have. We can say what we want about him, but if he performs how he thinks he can (consquently how I think he can also) he'll get his money in Denver or even more elsewhere. Players like Walker and TO have too much talent not to take a flyer on. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. For better or worse though, they always will have a team to play for.

Partial
08-28-2006, 12:36 AM

This I don't think I agree with; the relationship may have been damaged in Javon Walker's mindworld, but it didn't have to be.

Nothing 6 million of our 8 million salary cap money wouldn't have repaired

Partial
08-28-2006, 12:38 AM

I won't argue he's the best WR to come here since Sterling

I didn't like what TT let him escape for.

But if I was TT I'd have reached out to JW and let him know how important he was to GB and massaged his ego a bit. Tough to give him big time $$ after a torn ACL.....but use the personal skills to get him here and work on the deal. Something went wrong somewhere in that process. Not sure what.
Both I'm sure are to blame somewhat. I too hope JW fails.

I don't like what he did either, and hindsight is 20/20 and I wish TT would have handled it in the sense he gave him the extension he deserved if he was healthy, because Walker had a problem with it when he was still healthy and showed up to camp to be a team player. It's a shame really

woodbuck27
08-28-2006, 01:06 AM
The DAM punk tore OUR hearts out... nuff said from me on that theif...

Bretsky
08-28-2006, 01:21 AM

Nothing 6 million of our 8 million salary cap money wouldn't have repaired

Exactly right; TT let him get out of town free........in monopoly he gave him a free pass to the Boardwalk w/o having to pass jail......massage that ego and let some money talk with some reassuring. I'm of the view with some ego massaging and tough love JW would have been playing for GB.

Fritz
08-28-2006, 06:30 AM
If people want to go back and play "what if?" I'd like to consider the Packers' wide receiving position this year had Terrance Murphy not gotten hurt. The receiving corp would have been seen as an up-and-coming group with a strong veteran receiver in Driver. Fergie would be #3 or #4. Wow.

Rastak
08-28-2006, 06:34 AM
What a hate filled thread....damn...Culpepper pulled roughly the same crap (sort of) with Minnesota....and I sure as hell don't want him to break both legs. (ok ok, I won't cry if he fumbles 25 times)......

Anyway, it'll be an interesting year to watch how both Culpepper and Walker do with their new teams.

Scott Campbell
08-28-2006, 07:46 AM
What was his choice. Play another season for us and pray he would'nt get hurt and then try to collect?

Before you go any further, are you aware of the terms of the contract he signed with Denver?

Creepy
08-28-2006, 08:11 AM
Relationship my ass. He wanted more money. He wanted it with two years left on his contract. He stated he was under paid for his achievemnets. he had one great year and now was underpaid, but didn't consider himself overpaid for the other two years. He gave no recognition to Driver being on the other side.

Walker was not Moss, he didn't draw triple teams because Driver was still there. I also believe you should get what you can, but once you sign the contract you live by it. Don't like your job, play out your contract and move on. I don't care what he does with the Broncos or how the Broncos do. Only when they play GB will I give a rats ass. We have picked up a nice receiver, who unlike Walker, seems to learn the system the first year instead of three. Now will he want more money down the road should he produce well? Probably yes, but lets hope he takes the high road.

SudsMcBucky
08-28-2006, 08:36 AM
You guys are all looking at this from a loyalty view-point which is nieve to say the least. The NFL, whether we like it or not is a business plain and simple. There are very few players who are loyal to their team. On the Packers we have #4 and may-be Hawk in the future but other than that, it's all about money for the rest.

I think Driver has been as much of a team guy as any! It's easy to play out your contract when you make the money #4 does, but Driver has consistently outplayed his, while make MUCH less than Favre.

Partial
08-28-2006, 08:50 AM

I think Driver has been as much of a team guy as any! It's easy to play out your contract when you make the money #4 does, but Driver has consistently outplayed his, while make MUCH less than Favre.

But, when push comes to shove, Driver has only had two really great years. Favre has had many more.

Partial
08-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Relationship my ass. He wanted more money. He wanted it with two years left on his contract. He stated he was under paid for his achievemnets. he had one great year and now was underpaid, but didn't consider himself overpaid for the other two years. He gave no recognition to Driver being on the other side.

Walker was not Moss, he didn't draw triple teams because Driver was still there. I also believe you should get what you can, but once you sign the contract you live by it. Don't like your job, play out your contract and move on. I don't care what he does with the Broncos or how the Broncos do. Only when they play GB will I give a rats ass. We have picked up a nice receiver, who unlike Walker, seems to learn the system the first year instead of three. Now will he want more money down the road should he produce well? Probably yes, but lets hope he takes the high road.

I'll take Walker's year three performance out of what I predict out of Jennings, though. Walker isn't a moss, but he's damn good and damn close. He did get a constant double team.

HarveyWallbangers
08-28-2006, 09:00 AM
But, when push comes to shove, Driver has only had two really great years. Favre has had many more.

Actually, Driver has had three great years.

Partial
08-28-2006, 09:12 AM

What years? I didn't think he 2004 was anything to write home about, but then again I could be completely wrong. Walker was the amazing one that year.

Packnut
08-28-2006, 09:15 AM
What was his choice. Play another season for us and pray he would'nt get hurt and then try to collect?

Before you go any further, are you aware of the terms of the contract he signed with Denver?

Are you? He got 2.1 million in guarenteed cash. Now who among us is gonna turn that down? The money he would have played for this season had he stayed was considerably less and was not guarenteed. It does'nt take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

Packnut
08-28-2006, 09:24 AM

I really don't understand the basic principle of your arguement. Does'nt it take 2-3 yrs for 99% of the WR's in the NFL to make any real impact? If you look at the top ten WR's, very few if any had an impact their first few years.

To claim that Walker had only 1 great year and should only be paid on that is'nt how the NFL works.

The problem here is to many are debating this with their feelings and that is not my arguement. Hell I bought 2 Walker jerseys before last season started. He was my second favorite player. As a fan this whole thing devastated me. I hated him too for leaving. However, money wise and future wise he made the best choice for him.

Many of you forget that BEFORE the injury going into last season, Walker was in the top 5 WR's on EVERYONE's board. You just can't dismisss that fact because our feelings are hurt.

The bottom line is TT should have paid him and he blew it and because of his incompetence, we lost a blue chip player. Anyone watching Walker last night can see he's healthy and is gonna have a very good season.

Scott Campbell
08-28-2006, 09:29 AM
What I find hilarious is that if all of you condemming Walker would have been in his place, you'd have wanted more cash too.

I find it hilarious that you speak for people other than yourself.

Scott Campbell
08-28-2006, 09:35 AM
The bottom line is TT should have paid him and he blew it and because of his incompetence, we lost a blue chip player. .

The bottom line is that is your opinion, and you're entitled to it.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-28-2006, 09:47 AM
I have been trying to catch up with this thread and the person who shares the same views as me would have to be Bretsky. I agree, TT should have sat him down and said look, their no way am letting you go because you are to important to this team and if you play good this year I will give you what you want. If he said that walker would have been a lot more patient and would have been playing with us this year. Walker IS like Moss and no matter how good Jennings becomes, he will never become a domiant number 1 reciever. So bacially what I saying is we let walker go to easy and him leaving could have been pervented.

It's really a shame becasue he was one of my favs, and it make me sick he's gone.

HarveyWallbangers
08-28-2006, 10:05 AM
I have been trying to catch up with this thread and the person who shares the same views as me would have to be Bretsky. I agree, TT should have sat him down and said look, their no way am letting you go because you are to important to this team and if you play good this year I will give you what you want. If he said that walker would have been a lot more patient and would have been playing with us this year. Walker IS like Moss and no matter how good Jennings becomes, he will never become a domiant number 1 reciever. So bacially what I saying is we let walker go to easy and him leaving could have been pervented.

It's really a shame becasue he was one of my favs, and it make me sick he's gone.

I blame Walker more than Thompson, but Thompson probably shares a little of the blame. When Walker first started whining about a new contract, the Packers had very little cap space and had to let Wahle, Rivera, and Sharper walk. Then, Walker went overboard with his comments and he probably burned some bridges. At that point, it might have been a bad precedent for the team to set.

Partial
08-28-2006, 10:06 AM

Are you? He got 2.1 million in guarenteed cash. Now who among us is gonna turn that down? The money he would have played for this season had he stayed was considerably less and was not guarenteed. It does'nt take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

2.1 Million is NOT that much in todays world. If my agent told me I was only going to get 2.1 guaranteed, I think I would have stayed with the current team. Woodson made 10 million gauranteed this year and he has had a broken leg two years in a row and is much older than Walker.

HarveyWallbangers
08-28-2006, 10:06 AM
What years? I didn't think he 2004 was anything to write home about, but then again I could be completely wrong. Walker was the amazing one that year.

2002 = 70 receptions, 1064 yards, 9 TDs
2004 = 84 receptions, 1208 yards, 9 TDs
2005 = 86 receptions, 1221 yards, 5 TDs

woodbuck27
08-28-2006, 10:14 AM

Considering where Donald Driver was drafted...in my mind, he's been too much !!

One of my favourite ALL TIME Packer WR's.

He's not even close to being done as he's so dedicated to helping us win.He is fast gaining respect throughout the NFL and among it's Fans.

D O N A L D " the MAN " D R I V E R....

WE are LUCKY to have this Packer...PLAYER.

GO PACK GO .. GO DD !!!

Partial
08-28-2006, 10:20 AM

2002 = 70 receptions, 1064 yards, 9 TDs
2004 = 84 receptions, 1208 yards, 9 TDs
2005 = 86 receptions, 1221 yards, 5 TDs

Wow, that surprises me Walker gets all the credit for 2k4. Yes, his year was better, but no doubt both players benefitted from being next to eachother. Interesting, I did not realize he had such a big year in 2004.

Packnut
08-28-2006, 10:36 AM
The saddest thing about this whole debate is we could have had a starting 3 of Driver, Walker and Murphy. I'd match that up against anyone.

A postion of strength went to a position of weakness. After all, we're one Donald Driver injury (knock on woood) away from a real bad passing offense.

CaliforniaCheez
08-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Walker hired a terrible agent. Compare his situations with Carson Palmer's.

Palmer's agent worked behind the scenes getting his guy a huge extension about a month before he got his knee hurt.

Palmer's extension pays him 45 million in the first three years. That's protection for the injury suffered. It was all done quietly behind the scenes yet instigated by the agent.

In this year's draft Walker's agent had a player in the 3rd round. Teams are beginning to avoid his clients.

A good agent can help a player a great deal and a bad agent can harm a guy.
Who was the receiver that Holgren(while in Green Bay) cut and after some injuries wanted to sign mid season to minimum contract? The agent
thought he had the Packers over a barrel and what more than minimum. The Packers said no and that the kid was blowing a good opportunity. He never got back into the league. Was it Mayes? Anyway you get the point.

Partial
08-28-2006, 10:55 AM
The saddest thing about this whole debate is we could have had a starting 3 of Driver, Walker and Murphy. I'd match that up against anyone.

A postion of strength went to a position of weakness. After all, we're one Donald Driver injury (knock on woood) away from a real bad passing offense.

I don't necessarily think we're that far, even.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-28-2006, 11:07 AM
Jennings is another Murphy, so I think we already have his replacement. Recievers like walker on the other hand, only come so often and may not be replaced for another 5 to 10 years. We should of done more to keep him even though I do believe he was as much at fault as TT.

GBRulz
08-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Actually, I think TT handled the situation the best that he possibly could have. had he paid JW the big $$, then here comes the domino effect of other players causing a stir after they have a Pro Bowl year.

Yes, I wish we could have got more for him, but how long do you sit around waiting for the locker room cancer to spread? Cut the problem before it spreads.

I don't think any of us really know the big reason why JW hated the packers administration so much. He made it clear that he would retire before wearing a Packer uniform again. That doesn't sound like a guy who could be coaxed to stay for more money.