PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys cap problems

red
01-16-2014, 08:02 PM
i haven't heard a lot about this yet, but looking at their numbers, they are in a lot of trouble next season

as it stands now, they are around 21.5 million OVER the cap for next season. that's without resigning any of their free agents or signing any rookies.

looking at their cap numbers, well you just don't see a whole lot of areas where they can fre up space.

the big name is demarcus ware, they almost have to release him. they can save about 7.5 million by cutting him

using this chart and sorting by "cap savings", you'll see that they don't have a lot of areas for freeing up space

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Cowboys&Year=2014

thay almost have to cut guys like dez so they can save just a million or so

they are in trouble

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Good for them, still hate them for when they used to knock us out of playoffs every year...and double hate the owner who is only guy I know who looks better when wearing a pullover penis mask..

woodbuck27
01-16-2014, 08:42 PM
WOW ... loads of "Dead Money" too. About 10 X what the Packers have in Dead Money.

I posted that I read somewhere that Jared Allen might be headed there to be Demarcus Ware's bookend DE.

That looks like a long shot bet to happen.

bobblehead
01-16-2014, 09:30 PM
i haven't heard a lot about this yet, but looking at their numbers, they are in a lot of trouble next season

as it stands now, they are around 21.5 million OVER the cap for next season. that's without resigning any of their free agents or signing any rookies.

looking at their cap numbers, well you just don't see a whole lot of areas where they can fre up space.

the big name is demarcus ware, they almost have to release him. they can save about 7.5 million by cutting him

using this chart and sorting by "cap savings", you'll see that they don't have a lot of areas for freeing up space

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Cowboys&Year=2014

thay almost have to cut guys like dez so they can save just a million or so

they are in trouble

I fail to see a problem as indicated in your title. This seems to be "good news about the cowboys" to me.

gbgary
01-17-2014, 12:18 AM
wouldn't be surprised at all to see miles austin and brandon carr cut. austin's can't stay on the field and carr's been terrible. dez?? no way...yet. ware?? 9yr vet...a good chance.

smuggler
01-17-2014, 12:27 AM
They have to restructure Romo. Then they have to resign/restructure Ware. They can almost save the 25 million right there, but no- they do not have any cap space for free agent help this year.

Cutting Carr actually hurts their 2014 cap, and cutting Austin doesn't help much at all (less than half a mil).

They can resign/restructure Sean Lee or Morris Claiborne as well, but they can't cut them.

They're pretty much fucked.

smuggler
01-17-2014, 12:37 AM
Also, you know you're in deep shiz when the guys you are talking about cutting (or cutting their pay) are three of you top 5 players (Ware, Lee, Romo)

E: I didn't take into consideration the June 1 cuts option, which pushes the cap hit across 2014's cap AND 2015's cap.

That probably opens the door for cutting guys like Austin, Carr, or Claiborne.

Joemailman
01-17-2014, 05:51 AM
Not to worry if you're a Cowboy fan though. Jerruh doesn't need a GM.

Fritz
01-17-2014, 06:24 AM
Wow. Eff you, Jerruh. I can't stand that guy. But I love that he owns the Cowshits, since I can't stand that America's team crap.

Guiness
01-17-2014, 07:13 AM
Wow, that is a mess. Other than Ware at $7.5M, they have six guys they could cut that would save them between 1 and 1.5 million. Everyone else is under a million. Ware is the only guy with a big cap number that would give them room if he was cut.

They'll have to approach Ware or Romo, they have some leverage on Ware because cutting him would actually save them money, but I'm sure he'd be more than happy to walk and collect a big signing bonus elsewhere.

Looking at their dead money, $11 million total, did Ratliff ever take them for a ride, $6million against their cap. He's now my favorite Bear! Also have to like a guy like Marcus Spears, who is counting as dead money against two team's caps, the Cowboys and the Ravens.

Very different from the Packers numbers, where other than the two most recent extensions, Rodgers and Mathews, just about anybody could be cut resulting in no dead money.

Guiness
01-17-2014, 07:21 AM
How come Stoneburner is counting as dead money on the Packers 2014 cap? I know his signing bonus ended up on last year's cap, but what carried over?

woodbuck27
01-17-2014, 09:14 AM
They have to restructure Romo. Then they have to resign/restructure Ware. They can almost save the 25 million right there, but no- they do not have any cap space for free agent help this year.

Cutting Carr actually hurts their 2014 cap, and cutting Austin doesn't help much at all (less than half a mil).

They can resign/restructure Sean Lee or Morris Claiborne as well, but they can't cut them.

They're pretty much fucked.

Yea...The Dallas Cowboys are screwed for the next 8-10 Years.

There's a short cut - solution:

Sorry about this Jerrall . Get your shit together and find a SOLID GM.

Get the blazes out of the Boys Locker Room and STOP trying to be more that an owner of a trying to be rightfully proud NFL Franchise, that you've tipped into the dumpster.

Here's a suggestion and it'll be OK. It'll take your " tired 71 Year old over stressed brain" to a good place (s).

This isanice.

Get frequent massages ...NOT at Las Vegas, Nevada or Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona Spa's. Rather vanish...get away from it all.

Go for it "money bags" be brave in Amsterdam; Bangkok,Thailand is lovely; give Singapore a real shot, and try Beijing, China as a Laizzey-faire business man and pseudo American Ambassador.

There's lots to see and do in Australia. Visiting the cultural centers of Sydney, Brisbane, Melborne and Perth and the tavern and barber shop in Geelong can't be missed. Ohh check out Toowoomba and by all means swim, sunbath and snorkel on the Gold Coast, Queensland ie Mermaid Beach,. Jerrall you can cover all that in one year.

Tokyo is interesting but Japan has tons to offer you. Check out Geisha in the Yellow Pages.

There Jerrall... that'll take up your next two - three years. Vacation a lot over the next three - four seasons.

The Hint >>> Message !

Stay the "Heck" out of the Cowboys Draft War Room, Jerrall.

Your like the overbearing obnoxious parent inviting yourself to your kids "head banger" party.

Your embarrassing your kids... the Cowboys Roster.

Help out your TEAM ... Step away. Obviously your missing something Jerrall.

That's OK. You might recover that in the next lifetime. The Cowboys need less of you now. :grin:

red
01-17-2014, 05:59 PM
I fail to see a problem as indicated in your title. This seems to be "good news about the cowboys" to me.

i should have clarified by saying problem for them. awesome fun time for everyone else