PDA

View Full Version : Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

pbmax
09-03-2016, 09:30 AM
Cullen Jenkins was released by Washington to pursue his dream anywhere he pleases.

George Cumby
09-03-2016, 09:38 AM
Not in a camp, but recently attested behind a gas station for heroin. Pursuing the dream.

I believe "chasing the dragon" is more apropos.........

Guiness
09-03-2016, 10:46 AM
Not in a camp, but recently attested behind a gas station for heroin. Pursuing the dream.

Aw, fuck, heroin? He is well and truly done then.
http://koin.com/2016/08/29/ex-duck-colt-lyerla-arrested-for-heroin/
https://lintvkoin.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/colt-lyerla-08292016.jpg?w=640

Headline at PFT was "Former Packer Tight End..." lol

Patler
09-04-2016, 12:34 PM
KC claimed Barrington. No claims on other Packer cuts.

Guiness
09-12-2016, 08:07 PM
Former Packers starting RB, DuJuan Harris cut by the 49ers.

vince
09-12-2016, 09:21 PM

Replaced on the roster by former Packer Chris Harper.

Patler
09-14-2016, 03:21 PM

... and now they flipped them again on Tuesday, Chris Harper was released and Dujuan Harris resigned.

Patler
09-14-2016, 03:25 PM
Myles White was still hanging around, until he was released form the Jet's practice squad on Monday.

Harlan Huckleby
09-16-2016, 12:45 PM
Couldn't help noticing that Brandon Bostick started for the Jets at TE last night.

That starting lineup for Jets offense is almost entirely guys drafted elsewhere. I don't like what the NFL has become. Everything was better in the good old days.

Maxie the Taxi
09-16-2016, 12:48 PM
Couldn't help noticing that Brandon Bostick started for the Jets at TE last night.

That starting lineup for Jets offense is almost entirely guys drafted elsewhere. I don't like what the NFL has become. Everything was better in the good old days.I second that, your Deanship!

Harlan Huckleby
09-16-2016, 12:52 PM
Bostick is gone, but never, ever forgotten.

http://i.imgur.com/Gyqnd9y.png

ps. just now watching the game from last night. Bostick drops pass right in his hands on first play of the game.

Guiness
09-17-2016, 08:16 AM

Ok, I thought that was the same guy, but no mention of the Pack on his Wikipedia page so I wasn't sure.

Patler
09-17-2016, 03:42 PM

Really?? He has bounced around between a few teams in a short time.

Fritz
09-17-2016, 06:36 PM
Really?? He has bounced around between a few teams in a short time.

Like a football on an onside kick in the NFCCG. Just sayin'.

Patler
09-27-2016, 06:05 AM
Andrew Quarless' suspension was lifted...then the Lions cut him.

gbgary
10-04-2016, 02:02 PM
aj hawk has signed with the falcons.

Guiness
10-05-2016, 08:21 AM
Zombo sighting on Sunday night.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/1999.png

Patler
10-05-2016, 10:17 AM
C.J. Wilson was signed, released and re-signed by the Bears.

Robertson Daniel's on-again, off-again work relationship with the Packers has ended. He signed with the Redskins for their practice squad.

Jeremy Vujnovich was signed by the Colts to their active roster from their practice squad.

Dujuan Harris was released again by the 49ers. They have signed and released him several times, whenever they need a roster spot.

Myles White was re-signed by the Jets to their practice squad. They just released him from their practice squad a couple weeks ago.

Harlan Huckleby
10-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Jeremy Vujnovich was signed by the Colts to their active roster from their practice squad.
That guy is a keeper that Packers shoulda signed someway somehow.

Myles White was re-signed by the Jets to their practice squad. They just released him from their practice squad a couple weeks ago.
If practice makes perfect Myles White is destined for greatness.

Harlan Huckleby
10-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Marshall Newhouse may return from calf injury to starting lineup at RT for Giants this weekend.

Rutnstrut
10-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Marshall Newhouse may return from calf injury to starting lineup at RT for Giants this weekend.

If so the Packers are guaranteed at least 3 sacks.

pbmax
10-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Indeed, that is great news.

Guiness
10-11-2016, 08:10 PM
Two former Packers heading to the Saints for tryouts - somehow, Lansanah gets another look, along with Dezman Moses.

pbmax
10-11-2016, 08:43 PM
Desman Moses. Wow, haven't even thought of that guy in years.

Freak Out
10-11-2016, 09:26 PM
LOL. Wow....is it that bad that Marshmallow can still get an NFL gig?

Patler
10-12-2016, 07:53 PM
C.J. Wilson was signed, released and re-signed by the Bears.

... and now released again last Saturday.

Robertson Daniel's on-again, off-again work relationship with the Packers has ended. He signed with the Redskins for their practice squad.

The Redskins let him go on Tuesday.

Patler
10-14-2016, 11:06 AM
Robertson Daniel signed by Baltimore to their practice squad
Jeremy Vujnovich released from Colts practice squad.

gbgary
10-14-2016, 04:05 PM
Callahan is a saint.

pbmax
10-14-2016, 04:49 PM
Callahan is a saint.

Not a bad place to be. At least on offense.

Harlan Huckleby
10-14-2016, 04:57 PM
The Saints have some experience with mini QBs

Patler
10-16-2016, 01:35 PM
Matt Rotheram was signed by the Eagles to their practice squad.

Joemailman
10-25-2016, 04:58 PM
Joe Callahan claimed off waivers by the Browns. Not sure if I should be happy for him or not.

gbgary
10-25-2016, 05:32 PM
a j hawk is pursuing the dream again. he was cut by atl.

Fritz
10-25-2016, 05:38 PM
I'm still trying to get Drew Barrymore to date me.

pbmax
10-27-2016, 03:18 PM
Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 24m24 minutes ago
Texans signed former Packers offensive lineman Josh Walker to practice squad following successful Wednesday workout

Patler
11-01-2016, 07:47 PM
KC cut Sam Barrington.

gbgary
11-01-2016, 09:37 PM
knile davis

Joemailman
11-06-2016, 06:42 AM
knile davis

Signs with Chiefs.

gbgary
11-07-2016, 05:26 PM
Jermaine Whitehead is looking for a job.

Joemailman
11-07-2016, 05:47 PM

Didn't he play for Marquette?

pbmax
11-07-2016, 07:52 PM
About once every two years they send some guy packing like that. Seem to remember a piece last year about how they needed to churn the bottom of the roster more to scare players, which mostly ignored when it had been done previously.

I wonder what the shelf life of this move is in the locker room?

gbgary
11-08-2016, 10:18 AM
About once every two years they send some guy packing like that. Seem to remember a piece last year about how they needed to churn the bottom of the roster more to scare players, which mostly ignored when it had been done previously.

I wonder what the shelf life of this move is in the locker room?

coach hoodie stirs the top of the roster with the starting linebacker move last week. (i guess he can afford to) i'll bet it wasn't ignored.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-08-2016, 11:17 AM
Dujuan Harris was released again by the 49ers. They have signed and released him several times, whenever they need a roster spot.

If you're gonna make such bold statements like that, you gotta update your posts when an update is needed.

I was under the impression that Harris' a free agent. Saw 'Du' play for the Niners against the Saints the other day.

Patler
11-08-2016, 11:44 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

Dujuan Harris was released again by the 49ers. They have signed and released him several times, whenever they need a roster spot.If you're gonna make such bold statements like that, you gotta update your posts when an update is needed.

I was under the impression that Harris' a free agent. Saw 'Du' play for the Niners against the Saints the other day.

I posted that way back on October 5. Why would you think they didn't do something with him again in the month since then? After all, they had made 5 roster moves with him in the previous month!

Anti-Polar Bear
11-08-2016, 11:55 AM
I posted that way back on October 5. Why would you think they didn't do something with him again in the month since then? After all, they had made 5 roster moves with him in the previous month!

Well, you still should've given us an update. You made me look like a fool. I vouched for Harris' return amidst the chaos at RB, and he wasn't available as a free agent. :whaa:

Patler
11-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Well, you still should've given us an update. You made me look like a fool. I vouched for Harris' return amidst the chaos at RB, and he wasn't available as a free agent. :whaa:

I have not sought, nor will I accept the responsibility for updating the status of any player (using my best LBJ impersonation.)
That is probably over the head of any packerrat under 60 years old, even though it is election day!

Patler
11-08-2016, 12:07 PM
You made me look like a fool.

You do quite well at that yourself, without my help! :grin:

Patler
11-08-2016, 12:15 PM
Robertson Daniel is available again, if they want to swap out Goodson for a bigger, newer model.
Baltimore just cut Daniel.

KYPack
11-08-2016, 02:16 PM
It's easy to fool a fool, P.

Don't remember Daniel at all.

How long was he here?

Better than Goodson?

Patler
11-08-2016, 02:49 PM
It's easy to fool a fool, P.

Don't remember Daniel at all.

How long was he here?

Better than Goodson?

Ah, how soon they forget!

Daniel was on the practice squad all last year, and they talked about how much he had improved. As a "reward" of sorts, they signed him to the regular roster for the last playoff game, even though he was inactive. This past off season he was mentioned as a possible replacement for Goodson during Goodson's suspension, who might hold on to the job because he was one of their bigger corners. When camp started, he soon fell behind Hawkins and the rookie safeties. He was in their last batch of cuts, and I think had a brief look with someone. The Packers eventually got him back on their practice squad in late September, but released him just a few days later. He went to Washington for about a week, then Baltimore until now.

Patler
11-08-2016, 03:12 PM
Mitchell Henry signed to Baltimore's practice squad. He was on an injury settlement from the Packers.

pbmax
11-09-2016, 09:10 AM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 29s29 seconds ago
Former #Packers LB Sam Barrington lands in New Orleans. He was released by the Chiefs a couple weeks ago.

via RapSheet

gbgary
11-09-2016, 02:01 PM

nope, he's back...on the Packers' practice squad.

Patler
11-09-2016, 02:08 PM
nope, he's back...on the Packers' practice squad.

That's a little surprising. When a guy is released for screwing up badly, he is generally done with that team.

Patler
11-16-2016, 10:50 AM
Bears signed CJ Wilson to replace Will Sutton (no Packer connection) who was put on IR

Harlan Huckleby
11-16-2016, 09:09 PM
Packer running back Kniles Davis played for the Chiefs last weekend. Good luck and thank you for your service.

Patler
11-30-2016, 03:37 AM
Lots of news about former Packers:

Joe Callahan was released by Cleveland. With Rodgers a bit gimpy, might Callahan find his way to the Packer's P.S?
Justin Perrillo was signed by the Bears for their P.S.
Kennard Backman was signed by New England to their P.S.
Rick Lovato was cut by Washington.
Thomas Gafford signed with Denver

pbmax
11-30-2016, 09:46 AM
Henry Buriss, former Packer QB, just won a Grey Cup I believe.

NYTimes says he just had a tryout, believe he was on the roster for awhile though. However, the Packers All-Time Roster disagrees with me.

Patler
11-30-2016, 10:04 AM
Henry Buriss, former Packer QB, just won a Grey Cup I believe.

NYTimes says he just had a tryout, believe he was on the roster for awhile though. However, the Packers All-Time Roster disagrees with me.

Training camp and practice squad, I think. Then he went to the Bears.

Patler
11-30-2016, 10:09 AM
Apparently, Buriss was on the roster but must not have played. Then he was released and signed to the P.S.

Packers news release:

PACKERS SIGN QB HENRY BURRIS TO PRACTICE SQUAD, DROP CB HURLEY TARVER

posted 12/1/01
Henry Burris
Henry Burris

The Green Bay Packers have signed quarterback Henry Burris to the team's practice squad, GM/Head Coach Mike Sherman announced today.

Burris had been waived from the club's 53-man roster Friday to make room for safety Matt Bowen, a former St. Louis Ram signed as a free agent.

woodbuck27
12-01-2016, 02:48 PM
Training camp and practice squad, I think. Then he went to the Bears.

Yes !

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/cfl/somebody-pinch-me-and-wake-me-up-ottawa-redblacks-henry-burris-savours-grey-cup-win

‘Somebody pinch me and wake me up’: Ottawa Redblacks’ Henry Burris savours Grey Cup win

Tim Baines, Postmedia Network .... November 29, 2016 10:26 AM ET

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Burris

The Green Bay Packers took interest in Henry Burress after the 2000 CFL season ended, and signed him to a contract.

Burris began playing in the 2001 NFL season, when he spent several weeks as the Packers' ( Roster third-string quarterback ) , before he was released and then he spent the rest of the season on their practice squad.

This fella was amazing on Sunday in what is being touted as one of the greatest ever Grey Cup games. Playing injured, the Ottawa Redblacks QB, Henry Burress put on one of the greatest All Time Grey Cup performances ( the games MVP ). He's a class act and has had a solid CFL career.

His reaction following that huge win on Sunday was wonderful to see. I've seen few better reactions following any Championship victory celebration. His teammates love him; Ottawa loves him.

Patler
12-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Kennard Backman was signed by New England to their P.S.

Didn't last long, they let him go on Friday.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-03-2016, 11:30 AM
Yes !

‘Somebody pinch me and wake me up’: Ottawa Redblacks’ Henry Burris savours Grey Cup win

Hey Woody - Been meaning to ask: What's a "Redblack?"

Hopefully it's not a racial slur, ala "Redskins", aimed at mixed-race folks of African blood and Aboriginal Canadian blood. :-?

woodbuck27
12-03-2016, 12:23 PM
Hey Woody - Been meaning to ask: What's a "Redblack?"

Hopefully it's not a racial slur, ala "Redskins", aimed at mixed-race folks of African blood and Aboriginal Canadian blood. :-?

I'd have to assume a Redblack is a player on the CFL's Ottawa team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottawa_Redblacks

Ottawa Redblacks

Anti-Polar Bear
12-03-2016, 12:52 PM
I'd have to assume a Redblack is a player on the CFL's Ottawa team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottawa_Redblacks

Ottawa Redblacks

Ah, I see. Reading your link, it appears the Redblacks are named after the gambling card game "rouge et noir".

Should've named the team the "Othellos" instead, after the non-gambling board game othello. That name would appear less racist to the ignorant mind. :)

Harlan Huckleby
12-03-2016, 02:33 PM
Will Blackmon made some plays against the Packers in the Washington game. I thought for sure it was a different guy, or maybe Will Blackmon, Jr. But it's the same guy.

pbmax
12-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Ah, I see. Reading your link, it appears the Redblacks are named after the gambling card game "rouge et noir".

Should've named the team the "Othellos" instead, after the non-gambling board game othello. That name would appear less racist to the ignorant mind. :)

Its not far off.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51NN1R19D3L._SX300_.jpg

gbgary
12-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Abby tried out for the bears today.

Joemailman
12-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Former Packer TE Mitchell Henry diagnosed with leukemia.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18210089/mitchell-henry-diagnosed-leukemia-days-being-cut-baltimore-

Henry, who was released from the Ravens' practice squad last month and has spent time with the Green Bay Packers and Denver Broncos in his two-year NFL career, has been diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia, according to his brother, Ben Henry, on a website to help raise money for treatment.

According to a source, the tight end from Western Kentucky began to experience pain in his shoulder a few days after he was cut Nov. 10 by the Ravens, who told Henry they intended to re-sign him the following week. The Ravens told Henry to stay in Baltimore after he was released, but he wanted to go home to spend the weekend hunting with his father and be with his wife, Madison.

While in Kentucky, Henry went to a hospital where doctors found a mass in his chest.

Henry is undergoing chemotherapy, the source said, and a match is being sought for a bone marrow transplant.

"He's in tough shape, but he's in good spirits," the source said. "He's a man of faith, and he's already started treatments." (http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18210089/mitchell-henry-diagnosed-leukemia-days-being-cut-baltimore-ravens)

pbmax
02-07-2017, 06:34 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h1 hour ago
Browns also terminate CB Tramon Williams' deal. What a force he was in GB -- sparked SB run, played with one good arm in '11, forced 32 TOs.

Maxie the Taxi
02-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Sign Tramon.

Teamcheez1
02-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Sign Tramon.

He's 33 years old (soon to be 34), does he have anything left in the tank?

Maxie the Taxi
02-07-2017, 09:24 PM
He's 33 years old (soon to be 34), does he have anything left in the tank?I don't know. Bring him in and see. Then sign him. lol

Rutnstrut
02-08-2017, 09:21 AM
He's 33 years old (soon to be 34), does he have anything left in the tank?

He would have been the perfect insurance policy for a season like this last one. Considering they will more than likely be injury riddled yet again. I say sign him on the cheap if possible and if he has something left.

Zool
02-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Also that assumes he wants to sign a cheap contract as a 12 year vet and possibly not get to play.

pbmax
02-08-2017, 09:39 AM
I get the complaints about the Packers. What I don't get are this board's goofy solutions: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2691815-tramon-williams-released-by-browns-latest-comments-and-reaction

Williams, 33, signed with the Browns in 2015 after an eight-year run with the Green Bay Packers. He played in 27 of a possible 32 games, starting 22. Browns coach Hue Jackson benched Williams in favor of Jamar Taylor in 2016; he started just seven of his 12 appearances after being a starter for all 15 in 2015.

The Browns experimented with playing Williams at safety late in the season.

"I like to see the ball and at this point in my career at the safety position probably, you would definitely be able to see the ball," Williams told reporters. "I like picks."

Williams finished 2016 with 36 tackles and one interception. He had just two total as a Brown after posting multiple interceptions in his last seven seasons in Green Bay.

If he gets a look with another NFL team, Williams' move to safety may become permanent. Pro Football Focus graded him as just the 74th-best cornerback in the NFL last season.

He couldn't start at cornerback for the Browns. Not even in nickel or inside. 74th rated. He might need to move to safety. He is old and unless the laws of time have been suspended, he is getting older and not better. He is a terrible player right now.

Maxie the Taxi
02-08-2017, 09:43 AM
I don't see how it hurts to bring him in for a look see. Nobody's saying (at least I'm not) that it's a "solution."

pbmax
02-08-2017, 09:50 AM
I don't see how it hurts to bring him in for a look see. Nobody's saying (at least I'm not) that it's a "solution."

The Packers know what he had when they released him, or did not re-sign him. He hasn't gotten better.

Maxie the Taxi
02-08-2017, 10:12 AM
The Packers know what he had when they released him, or did not re-sign him. He hasn't gotten better.I guess you know more about it than I do.

pbmax
02-08-2017, 10:22 AM
I guess you know more about it than I do.

I don't. But he could no longer start for a 29th overall ranked defense, that ranked 30th in pass defense.

Unless there is some undisclosed injury that he will recover from in short order, the assumption has to be that he was worse than when he left GB.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

3irty1
02-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Anybody point out yet that Erik Walden had 11 sacks for the Colts this year?

Maxie the Taxi
02-08-2017, 10:42 AM
I don't. But he could no longer start for a 29th overall ranked defense, that ranked 30th in pass defense.

Unless there is some undisclosed injury that he will recover from in short order, the assumption has to be that he was worse than when he left GB.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdefThe question for me is: Is he currently as good or better than any of our CB's. His experience has got to count for something. He could serve as nothing more than a band-aid. In fact, I think it is rational to ask why, if the Browns had soured on Tramon, we didn't pursue him early last season when our guys started to bite the dust. His familiarity with Dom's system might have made him more serviceable than an injured Rollins or Randall.

Just sayin'.

Rutnstrut
02-08-2017, 11:03 AM
The Packers know what he had when they released him, or did not re-sign him. He hasn't gotten better.

The Packers have released players that are still good before. TT and stubby are not the be all end all. He is NOT the fix fix, but IF able to be gotten cheap. He could be a partial patch job on the huge hole they have to fix. Piss poor contingency is what gets them in trouble as it is.

Carolina_Packer
02-08-2017, 11:03 AM
The question for me is: Is he currently as good or better than any of our CB's. His experience has got to count for something. He could serve as nothing more than a band-aid. In fact, I think it is rational to ask why, if the Browns had soured on Tramon, we didn't pursue him early last season when our guys started to bite the dust. His familiarity with Dom's system might have made him more serviceable than an injured Rollins or Randall.

Just sayin'.

I hear ya, Maxie. Yeah, as long as it's a tire kicking and if he has tread left and doesn't expect a big money, then he could be depth. It could be a cheaper option than brining back Hyde, but then you'd have to decide which player brings more to the table at this point, and that is likely Hyde. It's awesome to be good with the cap, but sometimes laying out the money is worth it for younger legs and better production. However, if there is a hybrid free agent, slightly younger than Hyde who has better cover skills, I'd rather give that player the money we would be giving to Hyde. He does what he can in coverage, and was asked to do a lot more because of injuries, but savvy only carries you so far.

Rutnstrut
02-08-2017, 11:20 AM

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Could part of that just be that the Browns suck?? Maybe he would be better with better coaching, you are always praising the coaching staff of the Packers.

Maxie the Taxi
02-08-2017, 11:21 AM
I hear ya, Maxie. Yeah, as long as it's a tire kicking and if he has tread left and doesn't expect a big money, then he could be depth. It could be a cheaper option than brining back Hyde, but then you'd have to decide which player brings more to the table at this point, and that is likely Hyde. It's awesome to be good with the cap, but sometimes laying out the money is worth it for younger legs and better production. However, if there is a hybrid free agent, slightly younger than Hyde who has better cover skills, I'd rather give that player the money we would be giving to Hyde. He does what he can in coverage, and was asked to do a lot more because of injuries, but savvy only carries you so far.Agreed, completely. All I'm suggesting is that ALL options be thoroughly explored and left on the table. Don't let preconceived notions negate possible opportunity.

Rutnstrut
02-08-2017, 11:26 AM
Agreed, completely. All I'm suggesting is that ALL options be thoroughly explored and left on the table. Don't let preconceived notions negate possible opportunity.

EXACTLY, very well stated.

ThunderDan
02-08-2017, 11:30 AM
Agreed, completely. All I'm suggesting is that ALL options be thoroughly explored and left on the table. Don't let preconceived notions negate possible opportunity.

There was an article a few years ago that state TT brings the most guys weekly to GB to be looked at during the season. In the article it said he brought in around 10 players per week to look at. We just don't hear about it. We don't know what goes on in 1265.

I think TT has a very good grasp that our CBs and pass defense sucked this year. To think he doesn't is silly.

Maxie the Taxi
02-08-2017, 12:28 PM
We don't know what goes on in 1265.A greater truth has never been spoken. It's why I said earlier that I won't get too excited about what is said here until TT and MM start posting.

Guiness
02-08-2017, 12:36 PM

Trying to decide if you believe what you're saying or just being contrary. As the great Cincinnati poet Johnny Fever said, "speed kills Del" and Tramon has none of it left. Yes, at this point, a street UDFA has more to offer than he does because any NFL WR is going to get a step on his EVERY play.

pbmax
02-08-2017, 01:13 PM
The question for me is: Is he currently as good or better than any of our CB's. His experience has got to count for something. He could serve as nothing more than a band-aid. In fact, I think it is rational to ask why, if the Browns had soured on Tramon, we didn't pursue him early last season when our guys started to bite the dust. His familiarity with Dom's system might have made him more serviceable than an injured Rollins or Randall.

Just sayin'.

The Packers have released players that are still good before. TT and stubby are not the be all end all. He is NOT the fix fix, but IF able to be gotten cheap. He could be a partial patch job on the huge hole they have to fix. Piss poor contingency is what gets them in trouble as it is.

Could part of that just be that the Browns suck?? Maybe he would be better with better coaching, you are always praising the coaching staff of the Packers.

Question: Why not bring in the 73rd ranked CB instead? Is Tramontana just a name you remember fondly or is there a specific reason to bring in this player? If you really just want to kick the tires, why not someone younger and higher in the rankings?

Do you really think Tramon has a resurrection left? If he doesn't, then he takes $400,000 of cap money over a young player (and likely won't play special teams) that could be used to sign someone else.

Zool
02-08-2017, 02:43 PM

I think this might be the crux of the issue. We have no idea if they talk with his agent, call him on the phone, even look his way.

We just assume if the media doesn't report a player in for a tryout, then the Packers weren't interested. There's absolutely no way to know this. Gnashing teeth over the inaction (perceived or otherwise) of the front office is nonsensical. There's no way to know if a player is in the least bit interested in heading to Green Bay Wisconsin to work. Free agency is free. You don't just get who you want because you want it.

Maxie the Taxi
02-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Question: Why not bring in the 73rd ranked CB instead? Is Tramontana just a name you remember fondly or is there a specific reason to bring in this player? If you really just want to kick the tires, why not someone younger and higher in the rankings?

Do you really think Tramon has a resurrection left? If he doesn't, then he takes $400,000 of cap money over a young player (and likely won't play special teams) that could be used to sign someone else.I have no idea. I haven't watched the latest film on him. I don't have the latest scouting report. I don't know if he's really finished or if the Cleveland hell hole ruined his will to play. I liked the way he played when he was here. He knows Dom's system. Hell, he might be worth a couple months in camp just to get into Randall's head. I'm spit-balling here. If the guy is death warmed over, don't call him. If he or his agent won't answer the phone, hang up.

I'm sure TT doesn't need me to tell him all this. Or, if he read this, he might die laughing. If what I write is news to him, geez we are in a crapload of trouble.:-)

pbmax
02-23-2017, 02:53 PM
Ian RapoportVerified account‏@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago
The #Jets announced the release of former starting RT Breno Giacomini and K Nick Folk

Bretsky
02-28-2017, 06:53 PM
I get the complaints about the Packers. What I don't get are this board's goofy solutions: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2691815-tramon-williams-released-by-browns-latest-comments-and-reaction

He couldn't start at cornerback for the Browns. Not even in nickel or inside. 74th rated. He might need to move to safety. He is old and unless the laws of time have been suspended, he is getting older and not better. He is a terrible player right now.

so what you are saying is.......he might help ? :)

Teamcheez1
02-28-2017, 08:27 PM
so what you are saying is.......he might help ? :)

Darelle Revis might help too since he is being released.

Jairus Byrd is also available.

Bretsky
02-28-2017, 09:57 PM
Darelle Revis might help too since he is being released.

Jairus Byrd is also available.

Perhaps, but TTT would have to pay Revis; Tramon comes pretty close to free at at #73 in the NFL he might be as good as we currently have on our roster. For a minimum wage deal what is the downside ?

RashanGary
03-01-2017, 12:48 AM
I could see us signing Revis

pbmax
03-01-2017, 08:55 AM
Packers don't need another safety. :lol:

KYPack
03-01-2017, 09:51 AM
Perhaps, but TTT would have to pay Revis; Tramon comes pretty close to free at at #73 in the NFL he might be as good as we currently have on our roster. For a minimum wage deal what is the downside ?

I don't think so, Bretsky.

I saw Tramon for the Browns last season.

He's all played out.

You really wouldn't want to take reps away from a green kid to play Tramon.

gbgary
03-01-2017, 10:17 AM
revis is toast.

pbmax
03-07-2017, 10:32 PM
Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo
Saints and DB Chris Banjo agree to a two-year deal, source says. Deal keeps a top special-teamer in the fold. Was a restricted FA.

Might have to end the tradition of Banjo helping us track injured player updates after the games.

Zool
03-08-2017, 08:36 AM
Saints and DB Chris Banjo agree to a two-year deal, source says. Deal keeps a top special-teamer in the fold. Was a restricted FA.

Might have to end the tradition of Banjo helping us track injured player updates after the games.

If Lang signs with the Saints, we'll have a full blown conspiracy to talk about with the Saints signing former Packers. The Vikings are really slacking the last couple years picking off the scraps.

Smidgeon
03-09-2017, 07:41 AM

Gotta keep it for posterity.

pbmax
03-09-2017, 08:24 AM
If Lang signs with the Saints, we'll have a full blown conspiracy to talk about with the Saints signing former Packers. The Vikings are really slacking the last couple years picking off the scraps.

I preferred it when we stole young guys from under their nose (Gilbert, LeTroy).

I suppose we owe them comp picks for McCarthy indirectly.

Zool
03-09-2017, 08:34 AM
I preferred it when we stole young guys from under their nose (Gilbert, LeTroy).

I suppose we owe them comp picks for McCarthy indirectly.

Forgot about Guy-on being a Viking for a few years. They got Butterfingers and Dizzy Ferguson in exchange.

Joemailman
03-11-2017, 03:09 PM
Oakland signs Marshall "Marshmallow" Newhouse to a 2 year deal. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/11/raiders-add-marshall-newhouse/

gbgary
03-11-2017, 03:39 PM
Oakland signs Marshall "Marshmallow" Newhouse to a 2 year deal. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/11/raiders-add-marshall-newhouse/

continues to have a decent career.

Rutnstrut
03-11-2017, 08:22 PM

Well so much for thinking that the Raiders were an excellent evaluator of O-line talent.

Joemailman
03-16-2017, 06:54 PM
Mike Pennel signs a 1 year contract with the Jets.

dufferole
03-16-2017, 07:55 PM
There are a lot more ex Packers pursuing the dream this year.

Smidgeon
03-16-2017, 09:09 PM

This actually impresses me. Averaging less than one comment per year.

dufferole
03-17-2017, 07:28 AM
If I have a comment on a thread, somebody else usually posts b4 me. I enjoy reading the threads and rarely log in.

gbgary
03-17-2017, 01:48 PM
This actually impresses me. Averaging less than one comment per year.

hardly a "rookie."

hoosier
03-17-2017, 03:34 PM
Don't see this mentioned anywhere here. Lawrence (Just a) Guy signs with New England for 4 years and $20M. Not bad for a guy who got cut at least three times.

Joemailman
06-02-2017, 10:07 PM
http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/06/01/colts-sign-former-packers-rb-christine-michael/

Christine Michael signs with Colts.

pbmax
06-03-2017, 07:28 AM
Don't see this mentioned anywhere here. Lawrence (Just a) Guy signs with New England for 4 years and $20M. Not bad for a guy who got cut at least three times.

Fritz was dead on accurate that this kid could play. Wasn't he signed off the practice squad by Indy?

Joemailman
06-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Vince Young, now with the Saskatchewan Roughriders, will miss 4-6 weeks with a torn hamstring.

mraynrand
06-12-2017, 06:30 PM
Vince Young, now with the Saskatchewan Roughriders, will miss 4-6 weeks with a torn hamstring.

Packer people!

pbmax
06-12-2017, 07:50 PM
Packer people!

Bet they hired a Packer intern as trainer.

KYPack
06-15-2017, 08:52 PM
The dream was only a nightmare. Christine Michael was put on IR by the Colts.

Fritz
06-16-2017, 08:19 AM
Fritz was dead on accurate that this kid could play. Wasn't he signed off the practice squad by Indy?

I will trumpet this quote every chance I get, and deny any ideas or comments attributed to me that demonstrate any mistaken assessments I may have supposedly made, which I never did.

Zool
07-07-2017, 04:48 PM
The Raiders announced that they have waived linebacker Andy Mulumba

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/07/raiders-cut-three-players/

Harlan Huckleby
07-09-2017, 08:33 AM
I am this close to making the same grumpy post I've been spamming for five years.

Andy Mulumba? Oh ya, that guy.

mraynrand
07-09-2017, 10:39 AM
I'm perusing the dream.

Fritz
07-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Pursuing a different dream, I see that former Packer Marquand Manuel is the defensive coordinator for, I think, the Falcons. Does this mean they'll play lots and lots and lots of soft zone? And maybe do a lot of arm tackling?

hoosier
07-13-2017, 09:07 AM
Just-a-Guy was indeed signed off the GB practice squad by Indy. He then got waived by the Colts, signed by San Diego, waived by them, signed by Baltimore, and now signed his big FA contract with New England. Oh, and as a teen he was reportedly diagnosed with ADHD, dyslexia and dyscalculia and was placed in a special ed classroom. The Guy just can't get any respect!

Joemailman
07-31-2017, 05:03 AM
Tramon Williams signs with Arizona. http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/30/former-packers-cb-tramon-williams-signs-with-cardinals/

woodbuck27
08-02-2017, 05:27 PM
If I have a comment on a thread, somebody else usually posts b4 me. I enjoy reading the threads and rarely log in.

You do as 'YOU' desire to do Packer fan.

woodbuck27
08-02-2017, 05:29 PM
Just-a-Guy was indeed signed off the GB practice squad by Indy. He then got waived by the Colts, signed by San Diego, waived by them, signed by Baltimore, and now signed his big FA contract with New England. Oh, and as a teen he was reportedly diagnosed with ADHD, dyslexia and dyscalculia and was placed in a special ed classroom. The Guy just can't get any respect!

Just-a-Guy !?

Excuse me ! Specifically who are you referring to?

woodbuck27
08-02-2017, 05:32 PM
I am this close to making the same grumpy post I've been spamming for five years.

Andy Mulumba? Oh ya, that guy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Mulumba

woodbuck27
08-02-2017, 05:34 PM
The dream was only a nightmare. Christine Michael was put on IR by the Colts.

Great ...now he has time to polishing up on his reading skills and attempt to study a play book.

woodbuck27
08-02-2017, 05:36 PM

I am very selective in terms of any dream I might personally choose to pursue.

mraynrand
08-02-2017, 11:38 PM
I am very selective in terms of any dream I might personally choose to pursue.

Good to know. I'll keep that in mind.

Guiness
08-07-2017, 10:33 PM
With Penn holding out, this has happened at the Raiders TC

Elsewhere on offense, Marshall Newhouse is the starting left tackle,

Smidgeon
08-07-2017, 11:42 PM
With Penn holding out, this has happened at the Raiders TC

And Jared Cook is the #2 TE.

Joemailman
08-20-2017, 02:28 PM
Jaguars sign DuJuan Harris.

mraynrand
08-20-2017, 06:01 PM
Jaguars sign DuJuan Harris.

Someone tomorrow is not going to get their french door refrigerator installed on time. Or get a sweetheart deal on a primo used car that 'a couple other people are very interested in'

Joemailman
08-20-2017, 06:59 PM
He does get around.

Jacksonville Jaguars[edit]
Harris was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He was released on August 25, 2012.

Pittsburgh Steelers[edit]
On August 27, 2012, Harris was claimed off waivers by the Pittsburgh Steelers and later released on August 31.

Green Bay Packers[edit]
On October 24, 2012, Harris was signed to the Green Bay Packers' practice squad. Prior to being signed, he spent one week as a car salesman at a Jacksonville Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Arlington[5] On December 1, 2012, Harris was signed to the Packers' active roster.[6] He scored his first NFL touchdown on December 9 in a 27-20 win over the Detroit Lions. On January 5, 2013 in the NFC Wild Card game against the Vikings Harris totaled 100 yards in rushing and receiving with a touchdown as the Packers went on to win 24-10. In the NFC Divisional Playoff loss to the San Francisco 49ers, Harris carried the ball 11 times, rushing for 53 yards and a touchdown. He added 2 receptions for 11 yards.

On August 27, 2013 it was announced that Harris would miss the entire 2013 football season with a knee injury.[7]

On March 10, 2015, the agent for running back DuJuan Harris said the Green Bay Packers declined to extend a qualifying tender offer to the restricted free agent, and he would be released from the team.[8]

Minnesota Vikings[edit]
On March 19, 2015 Harris signed a one-year, $660,000 contract with the Minnesota Vikings.[9]

New Orleans Saints[edit]
On September 14, 2015, the New Orleans Saints announced that, following a workout of several running backs, they had signed Harris to the practice squad. [10]

Seattle Seahawks[edit]
On November 23, 2015, Harris was signed to the Seattle Seahawks practice squad.[11] Harris was released by the Seahawks on December 15, 2015.

Baltimore Ravens[edit]
On December 17, 2015, Harris was signed to the Baltimore Ravens practice squad.

San Francisco 49ers[edit]
The San Francisco 49ers signed Harris from the Ravens practice squad on December 23, 2015. On September 3, 2016, he was released by the 49ers.[12] On September 5, 2016, he re-signed with the 49ers.[13] He was released on October 1, 2016 and re-signed to the practice squad two days later.[14] He was promoted to the active roster on October 22, 2016.[15]

On March 27, 2017, Harris re-signed with the 49ers.[16] He was released by the 49ers on May 8, 2017.[17]

Jacksonville Jaguars[edit]
On August 20, 2017, Harris signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars.[18]

call_me_ishmael
08-21-2017, 01:00 AM
And Jared Cook is the #2 TE.

Is he really? That's hilarious.

gbgary
09-01-2017, 02:05 PM
will blackmon cut by the skins

Harlan Huckleby
09-01-2017, 03:46 PM
will blackmon cut by the skins

Hearing Blackmon's name always startles me. I have placed way, way back, wonder if they are referring to Will Blackmon, Jr.

KYPack
09-01-2017, 09:46 PM
Hearing Blackmon's name always startles me. I have placed way, way back, wonder if they are referring to Will Blackmon, Jr.

WB returned a couple punts in one Pre-season game. Trying to re-capture his youth?

pbmax
09-02-2017, 10:56 PM
From Wilde:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIxLPXmV4AA8Oz4.jpg:large

Zool
09-03-2017, 08:49 AM
Did Myles White ever put on any weight?

How in the shit does Big Game Joel still have a job? He was in Madison for 8 years and never got any better and he keeps bouncing from tam to team in the NFL. At some point, he is what he is.

Teamcheez1
09-03-2017, 09:17 AM
Minnesota Vikings place Datone Jones on injured reserve due to a shoulder injury and will likely seek an injury settlement to release him.

pbmax
09-03-2017, 09:22 AM
Did Myles White ever put on any weight?

How in the shit does Big Game Joel still have a job? He was in Madison for 8 years and never got any better and he keeps bouncing from tam to team in the NFL. At some point, he is what he is.

There was some pushback on Kaepernick this week and one of the points raised by a personnel guy was that Kaepernick could not run your offense, you would have to run his offense. Put aside for the moment whether that is true, but think about the implication.

We need a guy who is 6' 4", who will stay in the pocket and make all the throws and take the hits and run our offense. There are, generously, 12 guys who can do that effectively and that list includes the inaccurate Manning. But that does not stop teams from hiring coaches who run THAT offense. So there are always 20 spots manned by guys (like Stave, Tolzien, Blake Bortles, Brock Osweiler, Mike Glennon, and Tom Savage) who are not NFL quality and will cost you games.

But the teams keep hiring coaches that continue this cycle. The team HOPES it can find a QB to run the offense. And they make bad trade after bad decision to find them. The entire idea of coaches on a 5 year contract is designed around the idea of finding that QB in the first 3 years and developing him.

Three teams broke the mold recently and all were aborted by people dying to return to the old model (sometimes due to predecessor incompetence). Buffalo, Philly/San Fran (Kelly), and San Francisco (Harbaugh) all blew up attempts to make an alternative system work.

An alternate approach to offense is the answer. But no one wants to support it and hire competent people to do it. The only man who does?

Bill Belichick.

McCarthy is innovative (though recently he made a major shift to a smaller number of plays out of fewer formations, I think to the team's detriment) but he has succeeded largely because like Wolf, Thompson knew how to find a QB in the draft without bankrupting the entire player acquisition process. But even with a judicious QB search, they got a little lucky.

smuggler
09-03-2017, 11:44 AM
Even Belichik's innovation in the offense only extends as far as the OTHER positions, not QB.

bobblehead
09-03-2017, 12:17 PM
There was some pushback on Kaepernick this week and one of the points raised by a personnel guy was that Kaepernick could not run your offense, you would have to run his offense. Put aside for the moment whether that is true, but think about the implication.

We need a guy who is 6' 4", who will stay in the pocket and make all the throws and take the hits and run our offense. There are, generously, 12 guys who can do that effectively and that list includes the inaccurate Manning. But that does not stop teams from hiring coaches who run THAT offense. So there are always 20 spots manned by guys (like Stave, Tolzien, Blake Bortles, Brock Osweiler, Mike Glennon, and Tom Savage) who are not NFL quality and will cost you games.

But the teams keep hiring coaches that continue this cycle. The team HOPES it can find a QB to run the offense. And they make bad trade after bad decision to find them. The entire idea of coaches on a 5 year contract is designed around the idea of finding that QB in the first 3 years and developing him.

Three teams broke the mold recently and all were aborted by people dying to return to the old model (sometimes due to predecessor incompetence). Buffalo, Philly/San Fran (Kelly), and San Francisco (Harbaugh) all blew up attempts to make an alternative system work.

An alternate approach to offense is the answer. But no one wants to support it and hire competent people to do it. The only man who does?

Bill Belichick.

McCarthy is innovative (though recently he made a major shift to a smaller number of plays out of fewer formations, I think to the team's detriment) but he has succeeded largely because like Wolf, Thompson knew how to find a QB in the draft without bankrupting the entire player acquisition process. But even with a judicious QB search, they got a little lucky.

I could make a similar argument about Tim Tebow. As a matter of fact Tebow is over .500, Kap is at .500. Tebow didn't have near as talented of a team. But GMs have decided they don't like distractions unless its a gay player then its cool. (or a dog torturer)

pbmax
09-03-2017, 12:34 PM
I could make a similar argument about Tim Tebow. As a matter of fact Tebow is over .500, Kap is at .500. Tebow didn't have near as talented of a team. But GMs have decided they don't like distractions unless its a gay player then its cool. (or a dog torturer)

You could run a Tyrod Taylor kind of offense with Tebow. But no one really wanted to do that either. I think he falls into this category.

But he doesn't have the arm talent Kaepernick does. CK might be inaccurate, but he can do pre-snap reads and through to a spot. He also succeeded in the pocket last year for Kelly to a certain extent. Tebow needed players to run themselves open before he threw. His success in the pass game came when Defenses couldn't get pressure to him and had single coverage downfield (see the Pittsburgh playoff game).

Even that would only net a score or two a game.

pbmax
09-03-2017, 12:37 PM
Even Belichik's innovation in the offense only extends as far as the OTHER positions, not QB.

I agree to a degree. But he remade the offense to suit Brady's abilities and Brady is not the prototypical QB except in size and toughness.

He doesn't have a cannon arm and he doesn't throw most of his passes into tight windows. What is unremarked about Belichick's achievement here is that he has created a completely new system that is very QB friendly, yet no one compares this to what Walsh did with Montana.

Patler
09-03-2017, 02:44 PM
John Kuhn made the Saint's roster again.
Tramon Williams stuck with Arizona.

Joemailman
09-03-2017, 04:20 PM

Field Yates‏Verified account
@FieldYates
Follow
More
Source: the Saints have released veteran FB John Kuhn. Grit level in New Orleans takes an immediate nosedive.

Harlan Huckleby
09-03-2017, 04:48 PM
Source: the Saints have released veteran FB John Kuhn. Grit level in New Orleans takes an immediate nosedive.

Hope pack sign him soooooooooooooooooooooooooooon! (I spent 6 years predicting his demise, sorta miss him.)

Patler
09-03-2017, 08:30 PM
@FieldYates
Follow
More

So he lasted one day this year?

KYPack
09-03-2017, 09:29 PM
@FieldYates
Follow
More
Source: the Saints have released veteran FB John Kuhn. Grit level in New Orleans takes an immediate nosedive. in the bayou,

Grit level goes down,but the dream is chased by New Orleans claiming quarterback fmr Pack QB Taysom Hill and wide receiver Austin Carr

Fritz
09-04-2017, 08:52 AM
There was a time, not too long ago, when Sean Peyton was the hottest young coach since Don Shula.

Not so much any more. Just goes to show what having good personnel can do for a coach's reputation.

Which means we should get a better idea this year just how good Pete Carroll really is or isn't. That roster looks good defensively, but they still seem to be struggling to figure out that o-line thing. And I've heard Lacy is maybe not quite as svelte and nimble as early reports suggested.

They've also recently done what many Packerrats pine for Ted to do: make a whole bunch of moves and trades. So we'll see how it all pans out. Though to Ted's credit given people's perception of him as a turtle, he's made a few moves of his own.

Joemailman
09-05-2017, 11:21 PM
Jaguars have signed Raysean Pringle to their practice squad.

Joemailman
09-06-2017, 06:45 AM
Falcons sign Jordan Tripp.

hoosier
09-06-2017, 08:21 AM
Jaguars have signed Raysean Pringle to their practice squad.

TT should have held onto him and traded him, even if it was just for a bag of chips.

Carolina_Packer
09-06-2017, 11:47 AM
:rs: Hi-ooooo!!!

Please remember to tip your wait staff; try the veal!

woodbuck27
09-06-2017, 11:57 AM

The Atlanta move and bringing back Kuhn was expected.

woodbuck27
09-06-2017, 11:59 AM
There was a time, not too long ago, when Sean Peyton was the hottest young coach since Don Shula.

Not so much any more. Just goes to show what having good personnel can do for a coach's reputation.

Which means we should get a better idea this year just how good Pete Carroll really is or isn't. That roster looks good defensively, but they still seem to be struggling to figure out that o-line thing. And I've heard Lacy is maybe not quite as svelte and nimble as early reports suggested.

They've also recently done what many Packerrats pine for Ted to do: make a whole bunch of moves and trades. So we'll see how it all pans out. Though to Ted's credit given people's perception of him as a turtle, he's made a few moves of his own.

I am very excited to see that opening game.

GO PACK GO !

KYPack
09-06-2017, 10:14 PM
Bengals sign Ringo (I believe, hard to hear on radio and my dog got into a fight at the same time as announcement)

Joemailman
09-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Jaguars sign Max McCaffrey off of New Orleans' practice squad.

Fritz
09-12-2017, 06:24 PM
Ringo cut. So he's still pursuing the dream, just not in a Bengals uniform.

gbgary
09-12-2017, 07:28 PM
Dupree signed to buf's practice squad.

Joemailman
09-17-2017, 11:25 PM
My sources tell me Eddie Lacy was a healthy scratch today.

mraynrand
09-17-2017, 11:29 PM

I saw him scratching his healthy wide ass on the sidelines.

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 01:03 PM

http://www.seahawks.com/sites/seahawks.com/files/styles/borealis_article_image_respondlarge/public/field/image/img_8463.jpg?itok=Au4NbFz3&timestamp=1489622047

Yea the Health kick haha ...well thanks.... I had to get rid of all those daily Cokes.

Is Eddie healthy?

I wonder how long it will be before Seattle cuts him?

Harlan Huckleby
09-18-2017, 01:39 PM
Ringo is on Lions practice squad

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 01:42 PM
Ringo is on Lions practice squad

I'm pulling for this guy.

Harlan Huckleby
09-18-2017, 01:45 PM
Ricky Jean Francois is on the streets.

Why do cut players hang out on the street?

woodbuck27
09-18-2017, 01:52 PM

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/homeless-young-man-begging-street-24386131.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
09-18-2017, 02:05 PM
Wow. 6 months ago Ricky Jean Francois signed a $3M, 1 year contract with Packers. Now look at him.

(nah, wikipedia is wrong, it wasn't $3M. It was $1.6M. And I suppose he only got to keep the $250K signing bonus. He did get a $3M signing bonus in 2015 http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/ricky-jean-francois-5967/cash-earnings/)

gbgary
09-19-2017, 03:38 PM
jayrone elliott released by the boys.

mraynrand
09-19-2017, 03:55 PM

when I'm out in the street, I walk the way I wanna walk.

wthigoot
09-22-2017, 11:06 PM
Watching Alex Green right now running for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats against the BC Lions. 4 carries, 35 yards, average 8.8.

Harlan Huckleby
09-22-2017, 11:14 PM
Alex Green?

Am I the only one drawing a blank?

wthigoot
09-22-2017, 11:50 PM
Alex Green?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Green

I think this is the same guy that was the Green Bay third round pick in 2011. Good with some space to run. Might do OK in the CFL.

hoosier
09-23-2017, 07:05 AM
I hear he is a decent second down back there

pbmax
09-23-2017, 08:01 AM
Alex Green?

He was DeJuan Harris a year or two before actual DeJuan Harris. Got hurt and put on IR I think.

Joemailman
09-23-2017, 08:27 AM
Green played in a spread offense at Hawaii. TT made the gamble, based partly on Green's performance at The Senior Bowl, that he could make the adjustment to a pro-style offense. Nope.

Harlan Huckleby
09-23-2017, 10:53 AM
I remember now, the Hawaii guy. Unimpressive, but maybe didn't get time.

Harlan Huckleby
09-23-2017, 10:55 AM
I hear he is a decent second down back there

Or maybe he is a fifth down back in a four down game. Sad.

Rutnstrut
09-23-2017, 12:54 PM
So did he (Green) sit out of football for over 3 years and then just up and decide the CFL sounds good? Odd, does the CFL pay anything close to the NFL?

hoosier
09-23-2017, 01:14 PM
Average salary is probably half to third of avg NFL, and little dollars too

wthigoot
09-23-2017, 07:11 PM
So did he (Green) sit out of football for over 3 years and then just up and decide the CFL sounds good? Odd, does the CFL pay anything close to the NFL?

Not sure what he has been doing in the meantime but that was his first game since being cut by the Packers in 2013. Doesn't look like he was in a training camp, or Canada, or anywhere since.

EDIT: Looks like he was with the Jets in 2013 and camp in 2014 but hasn't been in a game since 2013.

Patler
09-24-2017, 10:57 AM
Josh Sitton was knocked out of last week's game with a rib injury in the third quarter, has not practiced all week and is inactive today.

mraynrand
09-24-2017, 11:13 AM
Josh Sitton was knocked out of last week's game with a rib injury in the third quarter, has not practiced all week and is inactive today.

You can take the player out of Green Bay but you can never take Green Bay out of the player!

#PackerPeople #injuryprone!

woodbuck27
10-10-2017, 02:28 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20977582/detroit-lions-sign-de-datone-jones-bolster-defensive-line

Lions signing DE Datone Jones for defensive line depth

9:53 AM ET ... 10/10/2017

Michael Rothstein ...ESPN Staff Writer

and:

http://rotoworld.com/log/nfl/8426/datone-jones

" A first-round pick of the Packers in 2013, Jones spent the offseason with the Vikings, so he just needs a stint with the Bears to complete his NFC North bingo card.

Minnesota released Jones with an injury settlement because of a shoulder issue, but he is apparently healthy now. He should help out as a situational rusher for Detroit. " Oct 10 - 9:05 AM

mraynrand
10-10-2017, 02:39 PM
'shoulder issue'

Patler
10-15-2017, 11:48 AM
Although Lang is inactive for the Lions today with a back injury, from what I have read he has been everything they hoped for and more, so far.

Patler
10-26-2017, 10:37 AM
Datone Jones signed with the 49ers.

mraynrand
10-26-2017, 10:41 AM
Although Lang is inactive for the Lions today with a back injury, from what I have read he has been everything they hoped for and more, so far.

i presume everything they hope for included playing every game, so the 'more' must include 'not playing.'

gbgary
10-31-2017, 03:07 PM
barclay signed by det (just in time).

gbgary
11-01-2017, 02:50 PM
aaannnd now eddie lacy has been released.

QBME
11-01-2017, 03:47 PM

Gulp....Buuuurrpp, eh, what? I am?

gbgary
11-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Packers release rickey jean francois.

i'm guessing for beigel maybe?

gbgary
11-01-2017, 07:10 PM

never mind. what I read earlier is incorrect.

Harlan Huckleby
11-01-2017, 07:12 PM

no way that guy was still on team. This must be a post from last summer. Madtown has fucked up the forum software again.

pbmax
11-01-2017, 09:32 PM
no way that guy was still on team. This must be a post from last summer. Madtown has fucked up the forum software again.

Raises a good question, when might the next unannounced forum software upgrade take place?

Or does it ruin the fun to talk about it in advance?

gbgary
11-02-2017, 03:46 PM
no way that guy was still on team.

played 5 downs last game.

woodbuck27
11-05-2017, 04:06 PM

No ! I am shocked that might be true..checking.......

I thought this is what I would find:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/11/seattle_seahawks_plan_to_roll.html

Seattle Seahawks plan to roll with Eddie Lacy on Sunday

Updated Nov 3; Posted Nov 3

Right nowat Sunday Nov. 5, 2017..

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017110508/2017/REG9/Redskins@Seahawks?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2017110508#menu=drivechart&tab=track

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
R. Wilson 6/13 64 0 1

Rushing CAR YDS TD LG
E. Lacy 6 20 0 8
T. Rawls 3 20 0 11

Receiving REC YDS TD LG
D. Baldwin 3 39 0 23
E. Lacy 1 14 0 14
J. Graham 1 6 0 6

Patler
11-05-2017, 04:19 PM
Sometimes plans just don't workout:

Seattle Seahawks running back Eddie Lacy has a groin injury and is doubtful to return against the Washington Redskins.

Joemailman
11-07-2017, 02:41 PM

i'm guessing for beigel maybe?

Patriots sign RJF.

pbmax
11-07-2017, 07:50 PM
Patriots sign RJF.

Their pass rush is worse than the Packers.

mraynrand
11-07-2017, 09:52 PM
Their pass rush is worse than the Packers.

Without Brady, NE would be Cleveland!

Guiness
11-26-2017, 01:19 PM
Datone Jones continues his tour, signing with the Cowboys.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/26/cowboys-cut-darren-mcfadden/

Something about this guy is making him attractive, he's cycling through his 4th team this season.

mraynrand
11-26-2017, 02:01 PM

Something about this guy is making him attractive, he's cycling through his 4th team this season.

He’s the only guy available

Patler
11-26-2017, 02:32 PM

He’s the only guy available

He hasn't had quite enough stops around the league just yet. Still young, first round pick, no debilitating injuries, good size and athleticism. Coaches tend to think they can get out of players like him what staffs on other teams were unable to. Once in a while, it works. More often the player bounces to 3 or 4 teams each year for a year or two, then disappears.

Joemailman
12-12-2017, 05:25 PM
49ers sign Max McCaffrey off of Packers PS.

mraynrand
12-12-2017, 05:48 PM

Effers. So much for Max making all pro this year for the Packers or NE.

gbgary
12-13-2017, 10:48 AM

garapolo (sp) probably threw to him a lot in practice at ne so i bet he had some input on this move. watch him turn into a stud. smh

woodbuck27
12-13-2017, 12:48 PM

Max McCaffrey is someone I'm personally watching.

mraynrand
12-13-2017, 09:54 PM
Max McCaffrey is someone I'm personally watching.

stalker

Joemailman
12-20-2017, 05:44 PM
Mike Sherman hired as new head coach of the Montreal Alouettes.

Harlan Huckleby
12-20-2017, 06:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_hFw_cWg9U

pbmax
12-20-2017, 09:56 PM
I wish I had never seen a translation of that song.

mraynrand
12-20-2017, 10:35 PM
Mike Sherman hired as new head coach of the Montreal Alouettes.

Alouettes: What you did was wrong!

Joemailman
12-26-2017, 11:07 PM
Malachi Dupre added to Bills active roster. He replaces WR Andre Holmes who was put on IR. Hey wait a minute...

Guiness
01-03-2018, 10:48 AM
Eddie Lacy's dream might be over. Rotoworld summed it up nicely

Lacy ends his disastrous first — and surely only — season in Seattle with four straight healthy scratches. A shell of the player he was upon first arriving in the NFL, 27-year-old Lacy never had a prayer behind the Seahawks' horrendous offensive line. He averaged 2.59 yards per carry between injuries, benchings and depth chart shakeups. Headed back to free agency, Lacy won't be missing many calls even if he keeps his phone on silent

mraynrand
01-04-2018, 01:34 AM
Eddie Lacy's dream might be over.

His dream of wetting five dollar bills with his tongue and slapping them on the plexiglass remains alive as ever.

pbmax
01-06-2018, 12:27 PM
Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
From this morning’s @WiStateJournal ~ Would #Packers turn to native son John Schneider in GM search? Per @Rapsheet, they inquired — and #Seahawks denied them. But could a trade be worked out?

Joemailman
01-20-2018, 09:29 AM
Jayrone Elliott joining the Saints. http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/20/former-packers-olb-jayrone-elliott-signing-with-saints/

pbmax
01-20-2018, 09:44 AM
With as bad as Ted is at drafting, so many teams seem worse at it.

Joemailman
01-20-2018, 09:52 AM
Eddie Lacy's dream might be over. Rotoworld summed it up nicely

Lacy ends his disastrous first — and surely only — season in Seattle with four straight healthy scratches. A shell of the player he was upon first arriving in the NFL, 27-year-old Lacy never had a prayer behind the Seahawks' horrendous offensive line. He averaged 2.59 yards per carry between injuries, benchings and depth chart shakeups. Headed back to free agency, Lacy won't be missing many calls even if he keeps his phone on silent

Kinda sad. Could have been one of the great ones. His combination of size and foot quickness was rare.

Cheesehead Craig
01-22-2018, 08:44 AM
Kinda sad. Could have been one of the great ones. His combination of size and foot quickness was rare.

Just couldn't keep the weight off. One of those guys who peaks really quickly early then crashes just as fast.

ThunderDan
01-22-2018, 08:48 AM

I actually bought my first Packer jersey with Lacy's number on it. All my other Packer gear is without name or number.

I should be able to wear the jersey this season as he most likely won't be on any team this year.

gbgary
02-02-2018, 02:34 PM
sam shields is ready to come back. should we...for depth? scary.

former-packers-cornerback-sam-shields-wants-play-again (http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/02/02/former-packers-cornerback-sam-shields-wants-play-again/1089223001/)

Teamcheez1
02-02-2018, 05:59 PM

former-packers-cornerback-sam-shields-wants-play-again (http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/02/02/former-packers-cornerback-sam-shields-wants-play-again/1089223001/)

Veteran's minimum with a $10k signing bonus. $100k per game played bonus.

In reality, the answer is no.

pbmax
02-03-2018, 09:29 AM
I don't want Sam's scrambled brains on my conscience.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-03-2018, 10:23 AM

Samwise still has his ephemeral youth. If he wants to play and can still play, let him play. Sheilds might have to face the music when his youth withers, as most of us do, but life's a short trip anyway. As Napoléon Bonaparte once said, "In my bygone youth, I fought gloriously, fucked greedily and lived humbly."

While Shields was never a shutdown corner, he was a pretty damn good corner for an undrafted free agent. He's probably still better than any of the hocus-pocus corners currently on the Packers' roster. I, for one, would love to see Shields back in the Green and Gold.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-03-2018, 10:34 AM

If the Packers bring back Shields, I bet he starts opposite King, with Randall in the slot.

gbgary
02-03-2018, 10:40 AM
If the Packers bring back Shields, I bet he starts opposite King, with Randall in the slot.

i could see that.

mraynrand
02-03-2018, 11:09 AM
Samwise still has his ephemeral youth. If he wants to play and can still play, let him play. Sheilds might have to face the music when his youth withers, as most of us do, but life's a short trip anyway. As Napoléon Bonaparte once said, "In my bygone youth, I fought gloriously, fucked greedily and lived humbly."

Just remember, Napolean also thought Borodino was the death blow to the Russkies, and didn't employ the imperial guard for a decisive victory. Belichick would have.

Shields will no doubt be able to play when he's 44. Just like TO.

Rutnstrut
02-03-2018, 03:05 PM
Did you guys read the interview? He says if he comes back and gets even one more concussion, he's done. So say he comes back and is solid for awhile. Then his egg head gets jarred a bit and he gets concussed. I don't want to see a secondary built on a paper foundation.

George Cumby
02-03-2018, 03:19 PM

This

Anti-Polar Bear
02-03-2018, 05:34 PM
Just remember, Napolean also thought Borodino was the death blow to the Russkies, and didn't employ the imperial guard for a decisive victory. Belichick would have.

Shields will no doubt be able to play when he's 44. Just like TO.

lol

My point was, if Shields still enjoys ballin', and he loves the frogskins and fame and perks associated with being an NFL playa, he should return while he still has kung fu.

hoosier
02-03-2018, 09:50 PM

Remember, it's not the concussions but the repeated micro traumas that do the real lasting damage :-)

hoosier
02-03-2018, 09:53 PM
Did you guys read the interview? He says if he comes back and gets even one more concussion, he's done. So say he comes back and is solid for awhile. Then his egg head gets jarred a bit and he gets concussed. I don't want to see a secondary built on a paper foundation.

That's what he says now. But if he comes back and gets one more, he will miss the rest of the season and then probably decide to come back and give it one more shot. It's just one more.

pbmax
02-04-2018, 07:56 AM
Remember, it's not the concussions but the repeated micro traumas that do the real lasting damage :-)

Don't want to worry about those either. Let him get those in his everyday life, like when I think I got one when rear ended on the highway.

QBME
02-20-2018, 05:20 PM
Josh Sitton...better a year too early than a year too late? Cut from the stinkin' Bears...ouch!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-josh-sitton-option-declined-20180220-story.html

Guiness
02-20-2018, 08:15 PM
Josh Sitton...better a year too early than a year too late? Cut from the stinkin' Bears...ouch!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-josh-sitton-option-declined-20180220-story.html

Considering that Lane Taylor stepped in and played quite well, I'd say exactly the right time.

hoosier
02-20-2018, 08:19 PM
I know it's not fashionable but....thanks Ted!

Anti-Polar Bear
02-21-2018, 05:51 AM

Bring black Sitton!

Seriously. The packers might have an opening at rg with the old guy from last season thinking about retirement (can’t even recall his name). Sitton played rg initially before switching to lg.

pbmax
02-21-2018, 09:14 AM
They cut him and they are very think on the interior. Kyle Long is recovering from surgery and the other guy is a backup.

pbmax
02-21-2018, 09:15 AM
Bring black Sitton!

Seriously. The packers might have an opening at rg with the old guy from last season thinking about retirement (can’t even recall his name). Sitton played rg initially before switching to lg.

Between this and Cushing, maybe you are actually the reincarnated George Allen.

Your assembled collection of former Pro Bowlers would easily be available for almost half their games.

Anti-Polar Bear
02-21-2018, 10:47 AM
Between this and Cushing, maybe you are actually the reincarnated George Allen.

Your assembled collection of former Pro Bowlers would easily be available for almost half their games.

It's not like Sitton (and Cushing, for that matter) is over the hill. It's better a proven player like Sitton is protecting A-Rod than nobodies like McGray or Patrick.

pbmax
02-21-2018, 10:59 AM
It's not like Sitton (and Cushing, for that matter) is over the hill. It's better a proven player like Sitton is protecting A-Rod than nobodies like McGray or Patrick.

You better be concerned with Patrick and McCray at Guard if you hire Sitton because both will play a lot when Sitton sits out for his back, knee and foot problems.

Its a young man's game Tank.