View Full Version : Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Anti-Polar Bear
02-21-2018, 11:15 AM
You better be concerned with Patrick and McCray at Guard if you hire Sitton because both will play a lot when Sitton sits out for his back, knee and foot problems.

Its a young man's game Tank.

Sitton only missed 3 games a piece in each of the past two seasons. By comparison, Bak missed 4 games last season. Bulaga, something like a million. I wouldn't call Sitton "injury-prone."

Sure, it's a young man's game. But nothing can be substituted for experience, as they like the say. In the Super Bowl, in the clutch, the game on the line, I'd rather have Sitton in there protecting A-Rod than McCray.

QBME
02-21-2018, 03:31 PM
They cut him and they are very think on the interior. Kyle Long is recovering from surgery and the other guy is a backup.

Yup. Says a whole bunch.

pbmax
02-21-2018, 09:39 PM
Sitton only missed 3 games a piece in each of the past two seasons. By comparison, Bak missed 4 games last season. Bulaga, something like a million. I wouldn't call Sitton "injury-prone."

Sure, it's a young man's game. But nothing can be substituted for experience, as they like the say. In the Super Bowl, in the clutch, the game on the line, I'd rather have Sitton in there protecting A-Rod than McCray.

Better a year early than a year late.

Joemailman
03-05-2018, 11:04 PM
Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13
Shields is visiting the Rams tomorrow, per a source. He will meet with the Browns later this week. https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/970751688775753728 …

2:23 PM - Mar 5, 2018

red
03-06-2018, 06:39 AM
Better a year early than a year late.

is it though?

you can always get out of a contract after a year or two

but you can't always replace those players right away

Teamcheez1
03-06-2018, 08:19 AM
Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13
Shields is visiting the Rams tomorrow, per a source. He will meet with the Browns later this week. https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/970751688775753728 …

Best of luck to Shields, but I don't believe it is worth the risk for him to resume his NFL career. Maybe he signs a low risk contract for a team, but I think it will end badly with another concussion.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-06-2018, 08:36 AM
Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13

My source tells me Wolf vouched to Thompson for Shields' signing after the 2010 draft, not Gutekunst.

Here's Gutekunst's scouting report on Shields: Can't play receiver...Raw as fuck as a corner.

Wolf's: Fast...Played for the U...Nuff said.

Don't be surprised to see Shields sign with Cleveland, especially now that Wolf is over there. Samwise has a large tattoo of the Packers' Super Bowl 45 ring on his neck with the G logo and all, so it's gonna be kinda awkward when he shows up at the Browns' palace.

I would love to see Shields back in the Green and Gold.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-06-2018, 09:11 AM
I, for one, would love to see Shields back in the Green and Gold. - Posted on 02-03-2018, 04:23 PM

I would love to see Shields back in the Green and Gold. - Posted on 03-06-2018, 02:36 PM

Damn, why the hell am I repeating things? Pretty sure I never had a concussion during my shutdown corner days.

bobblehead
03-06-2018, 09:13 AM
Marquand Manuel, Charlie Peprah, Earl Little, Anthony Smith.

Something tells me it's not the coaches, it's the players. Ted Thompson has been GM for almost a decade and he has not yet found a competent replacement for pretty boy Darren Sharper.

Maybe the Packers could move Perry to coach the OLBs and hire ex-Packer great, Al Harris, to coach the DBs. Harris is currently assistant DB coach in Kansas City under ex-Packer DC, Emmit Thomas, so the hire would be a promotion.

Nick Collins, Morgan Burnett

bobblehead
03-06-2018, 09:17 AM
Damn, why the hell am I repeating things? Pretty sure I never had a concussion during my shutdown corner days.

would you be able to tell?

Anti-Polar Bear
03-06-2018, 09:58 AM

Again, Collins was Butler's replacement.

Burnett? He can't hold Sharper's jockstrap. Average at best. Not a playmaker. Injury-prone. Unless Burnett takes the minimum-wage, let him walk. I heard the Browns have 100 M bucks of free cap space and they inspire to be the Packers of the AFC. Let 'em overpay Burnett for his mediocre service.

woodbuck27
03-08-2018, 03:42 AM

YEA ! Morgan Burnett is so valued in Green Bay that ... (complete the sentence).

Joemailman
03-15-2018, 07:49 PM
If it hasn't been mentioned, Sitton to Miami

mraynrand
03-15-2018, 07:53 PM
YEA ! Morgan Burnett is so valued in Green Bay that ... (complete the sentence).

Morgan Burnett is so valued in Green Bay that ... Slide!

pbmax
03-15-2018, 11:16 PM

YEA ! Morgan Burnett is so valued in Green Bay that he signed a lucrative second contract and has been with the team for 8 years as a starter!

pbmax
03-15-2018, 11:19 PM
If it hasn't been mentioned, Sitton to Miami

Who are you BEARMAN?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41MUCrIr3xL._SL500_SX362_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

pbmax
03-15-2018, 11:22 PM
Or...

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/3d/4a/11/3d4a11e7d7360c6e1d5effcb64b1330c--bear-costume-boy-costumes.jpg

woodbuck27
03-16-2018, 02:35 AM
YEA ! Morgan Burnett is so valued in Green Bay that he signed a lucrative second contract and has been with the team for 8 years as a starter!

Looking for that.

pbmax
03-21-2018, 04:06 PM
Todd Archer @toddarcher
Free-agent linebacker Joe Thomas is visiting the Cowboys. He spent the last three seasons with the Green Bay Packers after a brief stint on the Cowboys’ practice squad in 2015. The Packers did not tender him as a restricted free agent, allowing him to... https://t.co/k0r6dDedAl

Joemailman
03-21-2018, 04:56 PM
Several former members of the Green Bay Packers are on rosters of the four-team developmental league known as “The Spring League,” which will begin March 28.

The group is headlined by former Packers quarterback Jerod Evans, who spent a few months on the team’s practice squad last season. Green Bay released him in mid-December.

A former star for Virginia Tech, Evans is the top quarterback on the “East” team.

Running back Brandon Burks (East), offensive lineman Jacob Flores (North) and cornerback Raysean Pringle (West) are also on teams. All three were undrafted free agent signings by the Packers..

pbmax
03-21-2018, 08:18 PM
Rob Demovsky
Linebacker Joe Thomas will sign with the Cowboys, according to ESPN's Todd Archer, after the Packers decided not to tender him as a restricted free agent. The minimum tender would have been $1.9 million, which is probably too high for someone who...
https://t.co/0vQNRrXmtb

woodbuck27
03-22-2018, 01:00 PM
Rob Demovsky
Linebacker Joe Thomas will sign with the Cowboys, according to ESPN's Todd Archer, after the Packers decided not to tender him as a restricted free agent. The minimum tender would have been $1.9 million, which is probably too high for someone who...
https://t.co/0vQNRrXmtb

However, two years ago, he played 820 snaps.

pbmax
03-22-2018, 09:31 PM
@caplannfl
#Raiders signed RT Breno Giacomini.

Seth Payne @PayneNFL
This bullshit, fake tough guy act keeps working. Jump on guys after the whistle to disguise getting your ass beat, and coaches think it’s tough. Can’t blame him, I guess.

Seth Payne @PayneNFL
Honestly not even mad at the player. Man's gotta work. I'm pissed at coaches who can't see through the bullshit. How do you watch that sieve on film and think that's what your team needs?

Craig Romero @cprhou
Giacomini allowed 64 QB hurries last year. That is FIFTEEN more than any other offensive lineman.

mraynrand
03-22-2018, 09:43 PM
Breno > Marshmallow Outhouse. Maybe, but really that's like arguing Episode I versus II.

pbmax
03-22-2018, 09:48 PM
Breno > Marshmallow Outhouse. Maybe, but really that's like arguing Episode I versus II.

Is there such a thing as a Pyrrhic Choice?

KYPack
03-23-2018, 10:55 AM
Breno and Marshmallow are two guys who you notice and are glad they are ex-Packers.

Bretsky
03-23-2018, 02:41 PM
Breno and Marshmallow are two guys who you notice and are glad they are ex-Packers.

NEXT ON THAT LIST

SPITZER

pbmax
03-23-2018, 07:16 PM
NEXT ON THAT LIST

SPITZER

Spitz was fine! He just wasn't Josh Sitton. He probably wasn't Lang either.

Bretsky
03-23-2018, 10:18 PM
Spitz was fine! He just wasn't Josh Sitton. He probably wasn't Lang either.

You lose credibility when trying to make those comparisons IMO

Spitz should have never been in there. When he was he showed himself to be not ready to play at this point

ThunderDan
03-24-2018, 08:22 AM

Spitz should have never been in there. When he was he showed himself to be not ready to play at this point

I agree. He wasn't ready. But he had the attitude you need. He never gave up even when beaten.

Marshmallow was the king of getting beat and giving up.

Guiness
03-24-2018, 08:36 AM
In other Ex-OL news, Evan Dietrich Smith re-upped with Tampa. His 9th season in the league, he's a swing man now, backing up all interior line positions.

pbmax
03-24-2018, 11:01 AM

I agree. He wasn't ready. But he had the attitude you need. He never gave up even when beaten.

Are we talking about Jason Spitz, Guard, GBP 2005-2010? Louisville's own?

Wasn't ready? He started 45 games over four seasons, two with Bert (including a year they SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE SUPERB OWL) and two with Rodgers?

He got bumped out of the lineup by Sitton after having a back injury?

Are you the second and third accounts of Retail Guy :lol:

He was never spectacular and could be beaten, but was a more natural Guard than Colledge. The injury robbed him of his toughness. He needed to be replaced and was, though it took an All-Pro to do it. I think your memories of him are tainted by his backup time and exit.

He was better than any other interior starter/backup they had until Linsley/Tretter.

pbmax
03-24-2018, 11:03 AM
This guy?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ocngXJTt0Qk/UD4tSERHSRI/AAAAAAAAC9U/S9fH6SIsbBI/s400/HS_spitz_jason.jpg

pbmax
03-24-2018, 11:06 AM

By saying Sitton obviously and Lang probably were better than a (healthy) Spitz, I am somehow losing credibility?

Have you lost all memory of 2005-2010?

Who is winning versus the battle against the Giants Aces? Spitz ain't falling down!

http://packersinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/giants-favre-int.jpg

Patler
03-24-2018, 02:37 PM

Confusing Spitz with Barbre perhaps? Or Moll? Maybe even Coston?

Spitz came in with Colledge, and was clearly the more NFL ready of the two, and until he was hurt, Spitz was better and more consistent than Colledge. The Packers always wanted Spitz at center, but couldn't do it his first few years because he was their best guard.

ThunderDan
03-24-2018, 07:46 PM
Are we talking about Jason Spitz, Guard, GBP 2005-2010? Louisville's own?

Wasn't ready? He started 45 games over four seasons, two with Bert (including a year they SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE SUPERB OWL) and two with Rodgers?

He got bumped out of the lineup by Sitton after having a back injury?

Are you the second and third accounts of Retail Guy :lol:

He was never spectacular and could be beaten, but was a more natural Guard than Colledge. The injury robbed him of his toughness. He needed to be replaced and was, though it took an All-Pro to do it. I think your memories of him are tainted by his backup time and exit.

He was better than any other interior starter/backup they had until Linsley/Tretter.

Sorry, Spriggs not Spitz.

hoosier
03-24-2018, 08:06 PM
Is there such a thing as a Pyrrhic Choice?

Yes. It is called "Giant Shit Sandwich and We all Gotta Take a Bite."

pbmax
03-24-2018, 09:37 PM
Sorry, Spriggs not Spitz.

OK, now I understand you. You may be misguided, but doubt is understandable about SPRIGGS™ :D

Bretsky still has to explain who he is talking about.

Bretsky
03-24-2018, 10:50 PM
OK, now I understand you. You may be misguided, but doubt is understandable about SPRIGGS™ :D

Bretsky still has to explain who he is talking about.

DAMMIT..........DAMMIT.....DAMMIT............SORRY PB

I'm all over Spriggs; post was made right when I got back from fun in the sun. Spriggs is my new whipping boy :)

Teamcheez1
03-26-2018, 06:20 PM
Looks like the Jordy Nelson sympathy tour is in full swing now. ...

Freak Out
03-26-2018, 10:05 PM
By saying Sitton obviously and Lang probably were better than a (healthy) Spitz, I am somehow losing credibility?

Have you lost all memory of 2005-2010?

Who is winning versus the battle against the Giants Aces? Spitz ain't falling down!

Ban this picture. Ugh...

Smidgeon
03-30-2018, 01:08 PM
And Janis is a Brown now. The former Packers scouting staff is using former Packers players (and mostly Packers castoffs) to bring the level of competition up to a baseline they can operate from. Familiarity? Better castoffs than other teams? Or Packers bad at recognizing their own (cue "Janis is an All-Pro talent")?

Teamcheez1
03-30-2018, 02:19 PM
We'll never recover from losing our 6th best option at WR. We are in full rebuild mode.

Bretsky
03-30-2018, 05:28 PM
We'll never recover from losing our 6th best option at WR. We are in full rebuild mode.

Glad you got paid JJ; wish you well

But won't miss you

Zool
03-30-2018, 09:40 PM

But won't miss you

Might on punt coverage

mraynrand
03-31-2018, 12:06 AM
Looks like the Jordy Nelson sympathy tour is in full swing now. ...

Apparently, they just repainted the Jennings bus.

mraynrand
03-31-2018, 08:36 AM
It's like the Packers had a garage sale and Cleveland bought everything.

Pugger
03-31-2018, 09:01 AM
Might on punt coverage

Yes. He wasn't special as a WR but he is a great ST player.

KYPack
03-31-2018, 09:03 AM
There is something missing from Janis. He was a terror in High school, big numbers, etc. But no big school would give him a ride. His measurables were great for the NFL draft, but he was a 7th rnd pick.

In his 4 years as a WR, he only caught 17 passes for one TD (Post season he grabbed 7 balls for 2 TD's) He had a route tree that looked like a flag pole. That said, he was one of the best gunners I've ever seen.

Brown HC Hue Jackson is an old OC. One of Jackson's strengths is finding out a player's abilities and maximizing those attributes into his schemes on O. Maybe he can do that with Jeff J.

George Cumby
03-31-2018, 09:14 AM

But won't miss you

+1

pbmax
03-31-2018, 11:05 AM
I was about to write that scouts and GMs have sleepless nights about Janis and this type of outcome, but he was a low round pick, so not exactly Willis Adams.

However, KYP makes a tremendous point. Something has been weird about his career since High School apparently and people watching noticed.

Gotarace
03-31-2018, 11:09 AM
The way Jeff Janis ran routes in Green Bay ...I'll be surprised if he can find his way too Cleveland.

esoxx
03-31-2018, 11:28 AM
We'll never forget you Geoff.

mraynrand
03-31-2018, 12:11 PM
There is something missing from Janis. He was a terror in High school, big numbers, etc. But no big school would give him a ride. His measurables were great for the NFL draft, but he was a 7th rnd pick.

In his 4 years as a WR, he only caught 17 passes for one TD (Post season he grabbed 7 balls for 2 TD's) He had a route tree that looked like a flag pole. That said, he was one of the best gunners I've ever seen.

Brown HC Hue Jackson is an old OC. One of Jackson's strengths is finding out a player's abilities and maximizing those attributes into his schemes on O. Maybe he can do that with Jeff J.

Yep, run it up the flagpole 3-4 times a game and see who salutes.

woodbuck27
03-31-2018, 12:16 PM
Ban this picture. Ugh...

" The wrong Target Brett ! " Freak Out.

Brett needed to use his transitions.

1.) Pass right ..NO WAY te coverage was over the top too tight.

2.) Flip the ball to the guy right in front of you for an easy first down, as he catches the soft pass and turns it upfield for Ten Plus.

3. ) Look center(not bad) ... 4. ) look left (Nope that pass attempt likely gets blocked).

Take the too easy 2.) Option.

All of that is easy to analyze in the Film Room. Yet in the heat band under the gun...it gets to mind over matter.

Favre had 'the Blinders on' and somehow believed his arm would carry the moment. His brain 'on that play' wasn't faster than his strong arm mentality.

Zool
03-31-2018, 12:36 PM
Yes. He wasn't special as a WR but he is a great ST player.

Wasn’t special is a nice way of saying below average?

mraynrand
03-31-2018, 12:41 PM
Favre had 'the Blinders on' and somehow believed his arm would carry the moment. His brain 'on that play' wasn't faster than his strong arm mentality.

He had intercourse with canis lupus familiaris, plain and simple

Pugger
03-31-2018, 07:26 PM
Wasn’t special is a nice way of saying below average?

:-)

Anti-Polar Bear
04-01-2018, 11:21 AM
Farewell Sweet Prince. Packers are gonna miss you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT47wkQyET0

Rutnstrut
04-01-2018, 03:27 PM

Had Janis been given the opportunities that Adams was it may be a different story. Stubby would let the fraud fuck up numerous times a game and he still got to play. Janis even thought about screwing up and stubby wouldn't play him.

Teamcheez1
04-01-2018, 03:35 PM
Yes, hard to believe that Janis will no longer be a Packer WR.

He had just passed Joel Mason, Lee Morris, Jack Chancy, and Jug Girard on the all-time Packers reception list. The sky was the limit for this guy. He will definitely be missed.

mraynrand
04-01-2018, 04:51 PM
Had Janis been given the opportunities that Adams was it may be a different story. Stubby would let the fraud fuck up numerous times a game and he still got to play. Janis even thought about screwing up and stubby wouldn't play him.

:) Yep, Janis is better than Adams - only Stubby held him back. lol - great take.

Even so, I expect Janis to get a few opportunities to catch some bombs in Cleveland.

It's funny - Cleveland Brown Stadium is next door to the Rock and Roll HOF - the HOF is like a Goodwill drop off site for musicians and the Brownies are like the Goodwill drop off for former Packers.

Rutnstrut
04-01-2018, 08:22 PM
:) Yep, Janis is better than Adams - only Stubby held him back. lol - great take.

Even so, I expect Janis to get a few opportunities to catch some bombs in Cleveland.

It's funny - Cleveland Brown Stadium is next door to the Rock and Roll HOF - the HOF is like a Goodwill drop off site for musicians and the Brownies are like the Goodwill drop off for former Packers.

Yes because that's exactly what I said. I still think he would have been pretty damn good had he been given the leeway to fuck up like the fraud has been given. I'm still not convinced that Adams is anything special.

woodbuck27
04-02-2018, 08:09 AM
Farewell Sweet Prince. Packers are gonna miss you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT47wkQyET0

What the hell was it !?

Did MM have trouble identifying JJ and ARod in crucial pressure packed situations (check the Jersey Number Mike !) so he kept Janis on the bench?

That Man Janis has some serious skills. He should have been coached up to be a more consistent weapon in Regular Season games. Could it be that again the Packer Coaching might be deemed suspect !?

" Janis looks to be no more than the No. 4 receiver in Cleveland but has proven to be an excellent special teams gunner chasing down kickoffs and punts. " So again....the Green Bay Packers get to having to replace and presently weakeron ST's.

" What in hell is going on around here." VL

I think he would have looked good as a NE Patriots. ... I hope he lights it up in Cleveland.

mraynrand
04-02-2018, 10:23 AM
What the hell was it !?

That Man Janis has some serious skills. He should have been coached up to be a more consistent weapon in Regular Season games. Could it be that again the Packer Coaching might be deemed suspect !?

Help me out here with the narrative. Is the thinking that Packer coaching was great with Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Cobb, Finley (when he was healthy), etc. etc., but they just happened to blow it on the seventh round pick whom all other teams passed over, but who was obviously extraordinarily talented? And that other teams would have successfully exploited Janis' vast talents, like they do for all the other all pro seventh round picks, but were all corporately hypnotized into passing him over for seven rounds? Or are we to believe that Rodgers, who is the autonomous, independent, self-made QB, who makes the offense and the whole organization run, despite the horrible negative influence of the coaching staff and GM, was able to drag all the other no-talent Ted loser WRs to top scoring status, but inexplicably failed in the case of Janis? Or that the coaching staff kept Janis on the team for ST play, and specifically held him back as a WR because, even though his talent was obvious to all, they simply wanted to hold him back out of spite? Or is there another narrative I'm missing?

Rutnstrut
04-02-2018, 12:02 PM
The Packers win, or used to despite stubby and his ineptness. When a player has talent that needs to be coached up, he is not the coach to do it. He can coach the players that pretty much anyone could because they are so talented.

Bossman641
04-02-2018, 08:23 PM
Help me out here with the narrative. Is the thinking that Packer coaching was great with Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Cobb, Finley (when he was healthy), etc. etc., but they just happened to blow it on the seventh round pick whom all other teams passed over, but who was obviously extraordinarily talented? And that other teams would have successfully exploited Janis' vast talents, like they do for all the other all pro seventh round picks, but were all corporately hypnotized into passing him over for seven rounds? Or are we to believe that Rodgers, who is the autonomous, independent, self-made QB, who makes the offense and the whole organization run, despite the horrible negative influence of the coaching staff and GM, was able to drag all the other no-talent Ted loser WRs to top scoring status, but inexplicably failed in the case of Janis? Or that the coaching staff kept Janis on the team for ST play, and specifically held him back as a WR because, even though his talent was obvious to all, they simply wanted to hold him back out of spite? Or is there another narrative I'm missing?

The answer is yes... to everything.

Bossman641
04-02-2018, 08:26 PM
The Packers win, or used to despite stubby and his ineptness. When a player has talent that needs to be coached up, he is not the coach to do it. He can coach the players that pretty much anyone could because they are so talented.

The Packers had so much talent that they won in spite of MM? Yet Thompson was a horrible egomaniac who blew picks left and right? Does not compute.

Rutnstrut
04-02-2018, 08:53 PM
The Packers had so much talent that they won in spite of MM? Yet Thompson was a horrible egomaniac who blew picks left and right? Does not compute.

This team has holes at almost every position. That would be due to who if not the one that was in charge for the last 13 years? As far as stubby, yeah he's mediocre at best.

Bretsky
04-02-2018, 09:04 PM
Yes because that's exactly what I said. I still think he would have been pretty damn good had he been given the leeway to fuck up like the fraud has been given. I'm still not convinced that Adams is anything special.

Rusty.....we agree on some things but you kill some credibility on this one

Janis runs poor route and consistently makes poor decisions that cause bad things to happy for Green Bay. Unreliability is not a good trait to have as a WR in a pass happy offense.

Janis didn't earn any more reps that he recieved

Rutnstrut
04-02-2018, 10:16 PM
Rusty.....we agree on some things but you kill some credibility on this one

Janis runs poor route and consistently makes poor decisions that cause bad things to happy for Green Bay. Unreliability is not a good trait to have as a WR in a pass happy offense.

Janis didn't earn any more reps that he recieved

But it could be argued that Adams was unreliable until he wasn't. The difference being he kept getting reps.

pbmax
04-03-2018, 01:39 PM
Future AllPro receiver Jeff Janis signed for $1.25 mil with no guaranteed money. A true bargain.

No signing bonus just $100,000 workout bonus.

Despite board expectations, Janis doesn’t seem to embody Belichickism. As he went to the Browns on the cheap.

mraynrand
04-03-2018, 02:23 PM
Future AllPro receiver Jeff Janis signed for $1.25 mil with no guaranteed money. A true bargain.

Despite board expectations, Janis doesn’t seem to embody Belichickism. As he went to the Browns on the cheap.

I thought he'd get at least the same $$ as Jordy. He's younger, faster, more athletic, has had no major injury, and steps up in playoff games.

oldbutnotdeadyet
04-03-2018, 03:03 PM
I thought he'd get at least the same $$ as Jordy. He's younger, faster, more athletic, has had no major injury, and steps up in playoff games.

I still don't understand some folks dislike of janis? Is it disappointment? I mean, Jesus christ, the man is gone, let him rest in peace and wish him the best.

mraynrand
04-03-2018, 03:12 PM
I still don't understand some folks dislike of janis? Is it disappointment? I mean, Jesus christ, the man is gone, let him rest in peace and wish him the best.

Speaking for me, I like him. But I also think he's pretty limited. I don't believe the Janis lovers view that he's an overlooked great or even good talent. I think that some team, like Cleveland, needing some WR talent, might be able to get him a few more chances, but I don't think he'll even be much more than a slant or go guy. I wish him well, especially since it would be nice to see Cleveland win a game or two. As far as disappointment, I have none. He was a good ST player and had some moments as WR. That's pretty good for a 236th pick.

pbmax
04-03-2018, 07:36 PM

I am not actually dancing on his (putative) grave. Janis is a fantastic athlete and freak at WR. He was a Pro Bowl special teamer. But he just doesn't work in this offense. Maybe Hue Jackson has a better plan.

Some board members are very pro Janis and seem to me to be projecting his shortcomings on McCarthy. Some thought the Patriots would run at the chance to acquire him. My post was directed at them.

ThunderDan
04-03-2018, 09:49 PM
I am not actually dancing on his (putative) grave. Janis is a fantastic athlete and freak at WR. He was a Pro Bowl special teamer. But he just doesn't work in this offense. Maybe Hue Jackson has a better plan.

Some board members are very pro Janis and seem to me to be projecting his shortcomings on McCarthy. Some thought the Patriots would run at the chance to acquire him. My post was directed at them.

You do know that every time Janis has a good game there will be threads started on what a stupid choice it was to let him go.

mraynrand
04-03-2018, 10:41 PM
You do know that every time Janis has a good game there will be threads started on what a stupid choice it was to let him go.

At this point I would imagine new threads (plural) after each successful catch.

ThunderDan
04-04-2018, 07:11 AM
At this point I would imagine new threads (plural) after each successful catch.

I am putting the over/under at 8 threads.

pbmax
04-04-2018, 08:21 AM
I am putting the over/under at 8 threads.

I think being wide open down the field as the QB runs for their life gets a thread too.

Patler
04-04-2018, 08:31 AM

Interesting. Six years ago, when the salary cap was a lot lower, the Packers were willing to pay their last ST specialist, Jarrett Bush, a lot more than that (3 yrs, $5.25M, $1M signing bonus). It makes me think they believe they have very good replacements for Janis (because he really WAS quite good on coverage teams) and they absolutely did not want him on the field as a WR under any circumstances. If they were at all tolerant of using him as a WR, he would have been worth that to them.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-04-2018, 09:13 AM
What the hell was it !?

Did MM have trouble identifying JJ and ARod in crucial pressure packed situations (check the Jersey Number Mike !) so he kept Janis on the bench?

" Janis looks to be no more than the No. 4 receiver in Cleveland but has proven to be an excellent special teams gunner chasing down kickoffs and punts. " So again....the Green Bay Packers get to having to replace and presently weakeron ST's.

I think he would have looked good as a NE Patriots. ... I hope he lights it up in Cleveland.

Orangutans are smarter than Mike McCarthy. That's the only logical reason for why McCarthy failed to utilize Janis offensively.

mraynrand
04-04-2018, 09:21 AM
... and they absolutely did not want him on the field as a WR under any circumstances....

could you please be a little more clear about what the coaching staff thought of Janis as a WR? :)

Fritz
04-04-2018, 11:20 AM
Orangutans are smarter than Mike McCarthy. That's the only logical reason for why McCarthy failed to utilize Janis offensively.

Then we can all look forward to hearing about Janis having 70 or 80 catches and a bunch of yards and TD's this year, right?

We'll see.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-04-2018, 11:48 AM
Then we can all look forward to hearing about Janis having 70 or 80 catches and a bunch of yards and TD's this year, right?

We'll see.

Yep. I'll be happy to remind y'all...unless Rut wants the honor.

Janis' gonna bomb opposing defenses into the abyss of oblivion. :mrgreen:

texaspackerbacker
04-04-2018, 01:02 PM
I'll be right there with you guys, APB and Rut. Janis was a wasted talent in Green Bay. I thoroughly expect him to thrive as a WR in Cleveland or wherever he gets the opportunity that he didn't get with the Packers.

Zool
04-04-2018, 02:21 PM
Ha. Thrive and Cleveland in the same sentence. This is one hellova fairy tale thread.

mraynrand
04-04-2018, 02:27 PM
Ha. Thrive and Cleveland in the same sentence. This is one hellova fairy tale thread.

Hey, c'mon, it ain't that bad. After all, the hormesis effect relies on tolerable, but not excessive, levels of toxins. I really feel that in Cleveland we're now in the sweet spot between poisoning and healthy defense-mechanism triggering.

"We're not Detroit!"

Bretsky
04-04-2018, 06:08 PM
What the hell was it !?

Not sure if you are serious but he's my view. Evidence of body of work indicates GB does a very very good job developing WR's under MM and their other coaches. Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, Devante Adans.....etc. There is a reason for the lack of development of Jeff Janis as a WR and it's not our coaches. Hoody Genius fall into the Jeff Janis fallacy. Brady doesn't want a guy he can't trust and has limited pattern running abilities and neither does Hoody Genius

There is a reason Jeff Janis had little interest in the free agency market; nobody sees a bright future for Jeff Janis at WR. He'll make the occasional play and I hope he kills it somehow for Cleveland.

We may miss a good special teamer; but at WR we don't lose anything

Pugger
04-05-2018, 07:28 AM
Richard Rodgers is now an Eagle. I wonder if we even talked to his agent...

Anti-Polar Bear
04-05-2018, 07:43 AM

Who? Oh, the dude that caught the Hail Mary.

Lotta draft experts had him in the 5th at best. Todd took him in the third over Davonte freeman.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-05-2018, 08:03 AM
Bretsky could cover the guy, and Bretsky never was a shutdown corner in HS, so no big loss.

mraynrand
04-05-2018, 10:50 AM

Lumber, Eagle, Lumber,
On the road to a 3 yard completion!
Lumber, Eagle, Lumber,
get 1 YAC!

1,2,3 (average receptions)
Miss 'em low
Miss 'em high
And watch this Eagle lumber
On the road to injury!

swede
04-05-2018, 12:54 PM
...the hormesis effect relies on tolerable, but not excessive, levels of toxins.

I think this is printed over the main doors of the Spam Museum in Austin, Minnesota right next to the Hormesis factory where they use every part except the oink.

Bretsky
04-05-2018, 06:43 PM
Bretsky could cover the guy, and Bretsky never was a shutdown corner in HS, so no big loss.

this had me LMAO.....

KYPack
04-23-2018, 01:46 PM
During a game last season, I saw Will Blackmon was playing for Washington. I did some googling to see if it was the son of the Will Blackmon that played for the Pack. Nope it was our guy. Will last played for us in 2010 and is still doing tryouts, trying to make a NFL roster. The guy has made a long career, all the while hanging on for dear life.

pbmax
04-23-2018, 08:14 PM
We hardly knew which name was his first.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
Patriots agree to terms with Ulrick John

pbmax
04-30-2018, 12:29 PM
Damarious Randall, full time cancer and player that cannot be counted on has just had his fifth year option picked up by John Dorsey, Wolf the Younger and Alonzo Highsmith.

gbgary
04-30-2018, 02:00 PM
joe callahan released today...

gbgary
05-02-2018, 05:50 PM
callahan to sign with phi

Joemailman
05-02-2018, 07:09 PM
callahan to sign with phi

Future Super Bowl MVP!

Guiness
05-02-2018, 10:11 PM
Speaking of dreams, 'former Packer' Carlos Gray is taking a dirt nap - found shot to death in his home!

He was a UDFA who played in 4 preseason games, no wonder I don't remember the name.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/01/former-packers-defensive-lineman-carlos-gray-shot-and-killed-in-home/

The Shadow
05-02-2018, 10:55 PM
Callahan was not an NFL qb. Just like Hundley & Kizer.

bobblehead
05-02-2018, 11:38 PM
During a game last season, I saw Will Blackmon was playing for Washington. I did some googling to see if it was the son of the Will Blackmon that played for the Pack. Nope it was our guy. Will last played for us in 2010 and is still doing tryouts, trying to make a NFL roster. The guy has made a long career, all the while hanging on for dear life.

Will was one of my favorite bad players. You could see the athleticism with every 3 yard return. Even more so on his -8 yard returns. So smooth. Such a waste that he couldn't develop.

Zool
05-07-2018, 04:13 PM
Surprise surprise surprise. Vogel signs with the Browns.

For the roster spot, they cut Big Game Joel Stave.

Joemailman
05-07-2018, 09:01 PM
Surprise surprise surprise. Vogel signs with the Browns.

For the roster spot, they cut Big Game Joel Stave.

That's Browns reality for you. You cut a QB to sign a punter.

Zool
05-08-2018, 08:17 AM
That's Browns reality for you. You cut a QB to sign a punter.

You forgot the quotes around QB

Guiness
05-16-2018, 05:06 PM
Datone Jones shows up in Dallas.

mraynrand
05-16-2018, 08:24 PM
Datone Jones shows up in Dallas.

I hear the Dallas World Aquarium is excellent. Always worth the trip to go to Dealey plaza and see the grassy knoll.

Fritz
05-17-2018, 03:40 PM
Gilbert Brown spotted trying out the Atlanta Golden Corral.

pbmax
05-17-2018, 08:05 PM
He missed his assignment/flight. He wanted to watch the Houston Rockets game.

woodbuck27
06-01-2018, 09:32 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2778573-damarious-randalls-jersey-promise-has-most-retweets-of-any-nfl-player-ever?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Damarious Randall's Jersey Promise Has Most Retweets of Any NFL Player Ever

By: TIM DANIELS ... MAY 30, 2018

Comment woodbuck27:

YIKES ! You do the $Math$ at $130.00 'a Pop.:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_E-9solU7f3R0wG236Q7pMnoxqpfOFuhr-yy--QGGpLuGbmQhvsg4zbxwNdwuIHYvzabZ83iG&usqp=CAc

" ...A Twitter post from Cleveland Browns safety Damarious Randall has broken a record for a tweet by an NFL player. He wrote, "If the Cleveland Cavaliers win the 2018 NBA Finals, I'll buy everyone who retweets this a jersey..."

On Wednesday, Michael David Smith of Pro Football Talk reported Randall's number of retweets, which has reached 692,000 and counting, surged past a message from Detroit Lions punter Sam Martin about buying dog food for Hurricane Harvey victims. ..."

pbmax
06-02-2018, 08:34 AM
Brandon Burks works some CFL magic:

https://twitter.com/smartfootball/status/1002727832739635200

Cheesehead Craig
08-24-2018, 09:34 PM
Jeff Janis is lighting it up in Cleveland. It's amazing how he is able to show his excessive talent now that's he's not in GB.

mraynrand
08-24-2018, 11:09 PM
Jeff Janis is lighting it up in Cleveland. It's amazing how he is able to show his excessive talent now that's he's not in GB.

"Jeff Janis
Janis has had a tough training camp and, even though he made a catch in this game, he also dropped an easy one. He's fighting for a roster spot and might need a big fourth preseason game to get one."

Zool
08-25-2018, 05:37 PM
I figured they sent Coleman packing because of the amazing Janice. Is he not lighting it up when given a chance?

mraynrand
08-25-2018, 06:38 PM
I figured they sent Coleman packing because of the amazing Janice. Is he not lighting it up when given a chance?

Half the plays Janis has his hands up like he doesn't know the play. For whatever reason, that guy doesn't seem to have a head for the game.

Coleman was just a problem child. You know it's bad when you trade for Randall, but let your top draft pick pretty much just walk.

Dorsey was cleaning house, though. Totally starting over. Even the straggler hold-overs they kept, like Josh Gordon are on a very short leash.

Patler
08-31-2018, 09:50 PM
Former Packers dropping like flies:

Jeff Janis
Ladarius Gunter
Robertson Daniel
Geoff Gray
Christian Ringo

all released on Thursday.

KYPack
08-31-2018, 10:11 PM
Former Packers dropping like flies:

Jeff Janis
Ladarius Gunter
Robertson Daniel
Geoff Gray
Christian Ringo

all released on Thursday.

Janis was in brief scenes in Hard Knocks.

He was shown staring at the sheet with a stunned, puzzled look on his face.

I can't help but wonder if he doesn't have some kind of ADHD thing going on.

Gunter, with the tape on him, I'm surprised he made it this far in camp.

Jayrone Elliot also cut by NO.

pbmax
09-04-2018, 08:25 AM
Richard Rodgers is on IR with the Eagles.

Will Blackmon took a job in the CFL over the weekend.

Fritz
09-04-2018, 11:27 AM
All these recent posts prove is that it's not the coaching staff's fault. These guys can't play anywhere. It's TT's fault for drafting them or signing them.

run pMc
09-04-2018, 11:51 AM
Someone will kick the tires on Janis for his ST ability. But as a WR? Nope. He's had plenty of chances, he is what he is at this point...an ace ST gunner.

What's Khyri Thornton up to these days?

Rutnstrut
09-04-2018, 12:19 PM
Someone will kick the tires on Janis for his ST ability. But as a WR? Nope. He's had plenty of chances, he is what he is at this point...an ace ST gunner.

What's Khyri Thornton up to these days?

the thing is an ace ST gunner who can occasionally contribute on offense is worth keeping around. Jordy and janis are 2 players that should still be on GB's roster. Yet they keep some shit that contributes little to nothing, ST or otherwise.

pbmax
09-04-2018, 08:56 PM
All these recent posts prove is that it's not the coaching staff's fault. These guys can't play anywhere. It's TT's fault for drafting them or signing them.

I don't think that is quite true. They have talent playing elsewhere the former regime mismanaged, especially on defense. Too early to say for some of these releases. Its fair to say they are not highly thought of.

pbmax
09-04-2018, 08:56 PM
the thing is an ace ST gunner who can occasionally contribute on offense is worth keeping around. Jordy and janis are 2 players that should still be on GB's roster. Yet they keep some shit that contributes little to nothing, ST or otherwise.

32 teams seem to disagree with this.

Rutnstrut
09-05-2018, 12:20 AM
32 teams seem to disagree with this.

It's a conspiracy because he's white.

Zool
09-05-2018, 07:47 AM
It's a conspiracy because he sucks.

FIFY

Joemailman
09-05-2018, 09:52 AM

Um...every team in the NFL is cutting guys who it turns out aren't good enough to play in the NFL. Packers are experiencing more turnover this year than normal, but a new GM and DC are likely a factor in that.

Fritz
09-05-2018, 10:51 AM
Um...every team in the NFL is cutting guys who it turns out aren't good enough to play in the NFL. Packers are experiencing more turnover this year than normal, but a new GM and DC are likely a factor in that.

You and PB both missed the irony of my post? I'm slipping.

Joemailman
09-05-2018, 10:54 AM

Or we are. :huh:

pbmax
09-05-2018, 02:41 PM

Guilty as charged.

Bretsky
09-05-2018, 10:45 PM

Here I thought you were finally coming to your senses Fritz

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2018, 01:31 PM
Aaron Ripkowski is working out for the Patriots, along with 7 other JAGs.

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/06/new-england-patriots-tryout-kendall-wright/

Fritz
09-06-2018, 02:55 PM
Here I thought you were finally coming to your senses Fritz

I do think TT had poorer drafts later - not completely piss-poor, except maybe 2015 - but just drafts where he hit on only a couple of guys who could play, really play. The '16 is an example - Clark looks to be a stud, but the rest of the draft has yielded, so far, a shaky backup tackle, a two-down ILB, a rotational d-line guy, and a return guy whose numbers belie his bonehead plays. Not horrible, but not the kind of draft that they needed to get where they want to go. The '17 draft might be better - if King can stay healthy. Williams and A. Jones look like good running backs. Hope is fading for both Josh Jones and Montravius Adams, though maybe safety is a hard position to get and Jones will become accomplished.

So I still think Thompson was good at his job, but maybe not so good as I'd thought he was. He just hasn't seemed to have been able to hit on that All-Pro blue chipper like Matthews or Rodgers or Nick Collins in a while. Still, it's funny when people just make blanket statements about right and wrong and good and bad. Rarely is life that simple, yet we all love to look for a black-and-white answer. Thus I was being ironic in my condemnation of TT in this thread.

KYPack
09-06-2018, 09:00 PM
Great post Fritz. I had many of those thoughts. Thompson was a big believer of scouting. We can find the best young guys and develop 'em. That's a great theory, but you've got to produce. TT didn't want to sign many vets bc it would take reps and development time from his draft picks. It was sound when he was hitting on his picks, but he began to miss. When he was canned, it was time to go.

Guiness
09-06-2018, 09:39 PM

Are you doing the "it's not you, it's me" thing? How cute...

Patler
09-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Dallas Cowboys depth chart lists Datone Jones as a starter at DT.

Buffalo Bills depth chart lists Marshal Newhouse as the backup LT. Since leaving GB, he has started 40 games in four years with three different teams. Buffalo makes it 4 teams in five years. Good enough to play in a pinch, but the guy you always want to replace.

pbmax
09-08-2018, 12:29 PM
Dallas Cowboys depth chart lists Datone Jones as a starter at DT.

Buffalo Bills depth chart lists Marshal Newhouse as the backup LT. Since leaving GB, he has started 40 games in four years with three different teams. Buffalo makes it 4 teams in five years. Good enough to play in a pinch, but the guy you always want to replace.

And true to form for a (former) Packer defender, Datone will miss Week 1 with a knee injury.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/cowboys-datone-jones-ruled-out-for-week-1/

Patler
09-08-2018, 01:45 PM
And true to form for a (former) Packer defender, Datone will miss Week 1 with a knee injury.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/cowboys-datone-jones-ruled-out-for-week-1/

:-). ...and Nate Palmer is on IR with the Titans while Eric Walden got an injury settlement from Seattle. How long before Burnett hits the Steelers injury report?

red
09-15-2018, 05:18 PM
ahmad brooks has been suspended for 6 games,even though he isn't on a team

whatever the violation was, it might have come when he was a packer last year. or it could have just happened

Bretsky
09-15-2018, 08:23 PM
I do think TT had poorer drafts later - not completely piss-poor, except maybe 2015 - but just drafts where he hit on only a couple of guys who could play, really play. The '16 is an example - Clark looks to be a stud, but the rest of the draft has yielded, so far, a shaky backup tackle, a two-down ILB, a rotational d-line guy, and a return guy whose numbers belie his bonehead plays. Not horrible, but not the kind of draft that they needed to get where they want to go. The '17 draft might be better - if King can stay healthy. Williams and A. Jones look like good running backs. Hope is fading for both Josh Jones and Montravius Adams, though maybe safety is a hard position to get and Jones will become accomplished.

So I still think Thompson was good at his job, but maybe not so good as I'd thought he was. He just hasn't seemed to have been able to hit on that All-Pro blue chipper like Matthews or Rodgers or Nick Collins in a while. Still, it's funny when people just make blanket statements about right and wrong and good and bad. Rarely is life that simple, yet we all love to look for a black-and-white answer. Thus I was being ironic in my condemnation of TT in this thread.

Well, I think TT was grossly overrated by most; even when we won the Super Bowl....it really didn't seem like we had a dominant team...the best...maybe ? But we got hot at the right time.

Y'all know I'm OK with Gooters but I still really wanted Eliott Wolf

Although in the end he f'cked up IMO by NOT going with Sam Darnold

Bretsky
09-15-2018, 08:24 PM

whatever the violation was, it might have come when he was a packer last year. or it could have just happened

And Josh Sitton just got hurt and is out for the season.

When TT lets a guy walk it seemed like he had a VOODOO doll at home and got everybody hurt...lol

mraynrand
09-15-2018, 10:15 PM
Y'all know I'm OK with Gooters but I still really wanted Eliott Wolf

Although in the end he f'cked up IMO by NOT going with Sam Darnold

dood, he is not the GM

pbmax
09-16-2018, 08:54 AM

At least we know he was trying.

Patler
09-17-2018, 08:39 AM
And Josh Sitton just got hurt and is out for the season.

When TT lets a guy walk it seemed like he had a VOODOO doll at home and got everybody hurt...lol

TJ Lang was inactive yesterday due to a back injury in their first game.

Joemailman
09-21-2018, 06:39 PM
Vince Biegel promoted to 53 man roster by Saints.

mraynrand
09-21-2018, 07:50 PM
Vince Biegel promoted to 53 man roster by Saints.

That team should be 0-2, damnit. Kickers.

Patler
09-25-2018, 11:46 PM

Datone Jones has now been put on IR.

Patler
09-25-2018, 11:53 PM
Buffalo traded Marshall Newhouse to Carolina for a "conditional late round" draft pick.

pbmax
09-26-2018, 07:49 AM
That team should be 0-2, damnit. Kickers.

The good news is that reports of a Saints defense may have proven to be a mirage again.

KYPack
09-27-2018, 08:50 PM
Sam Shields playing some solid CB for the Rams.

Good on ya SS, you deserve it.

Rastak
09-27-2018, 08:51 PM

That was a really nice play.

KYPack
09-27-2018, 08:52 PM
That was a really nice play.

Left you a msg on Pick em.

Chiding you for being a Viking turncoat

pbmax
09-27-2018, 08:54 PM
Stay safe Sam! Wear the Mark Kelso helmet!

Rastak
09-27-2018, 08:55 PM

Just being a realist.....much to my chagrin....

Rastak
09-27-2018, 09:05 PM

One other note, I’ll be more than happy to be wrong.

mraynrand
09-27-2018, 09:41 PM

They just said that Shields claimed the game has changed a lot in the two years he was out of football. NOT FOR STUBBY - NOTHING'S CHANGED!

mraynrand
09-27-2018, 09:42 PM
One other note, I’ll be more than happy to be wrong.

Rams and Vikings have good defenses, yet their offenses are running it up. I just think it's near impossible to play four quarters of good defense in the NFL anymore.

Rastak
09-27-2018, 09:43 PM
Rams and Vikings have good defenses, yet their offenses are running it up. I just think it's near impossible to play four quarters of good defense in the NFL anymore.

I question if the Vikings really do have a good defense this year.

Edit: That was perfect pass....man, maybe you have bit of point. Rams are good.

mraynrand
09-27-2018, 09:49 PM
I question if the Vikings really do have a good defense this year.

Edit: That was perfect pass....man, maybe you have bit of point. Rams are good.

I expected the Vikings to have 12 wins. So that's four losses and if you look at games they'd lose, this would be one of them.

pbmax
09-27-2018, 10:35 PM
Anyone else notice in slow motion it looks like the ball slips out of Goff’s hands?

Rastak
09-27-2018, 10:58 PM
Anyone else notice in slow motion it looks like the ball slips out of Goff’s hands?

Not really, that dude was dropping some dimes. Some really good throws.

pbmax
09-28-2018, 08:39 AM
Not really, that dude was dropping some dimes. Some really good throws.

That end zone replay (sort of the NFL Films angle) of the TD to Cooks (could have been other long TD, was not the Kupp catch) made it look like the ball just squirted out of his hand a half second early in the release.

Rastak
09-28-2018, 08:47 AM
That end zone replay (sort of the NFL Films angle) of the TD to Cooks (could have been other long TD, was not the Kupp catch) made it look like the ball just squirted out of his hand a half second early in the release.

Yea, I didn't see that. He played a great game though in any case.

gbgary
10-01-2018, 03:42 PM
jerel worthy released by TB today.

Rutnstrut
10-01-2018, 08:06 PM
jerel worthy released by TB today.

You have to really suck to not be of any worth on TB's defense.

pbmax
10-01-2018, 09:36 PM

I think its the old saw: If you are here, you are part of the problem.

Joemailman
10-01-2018, 10:04 PM

Does this make him Worthy, or unworthy?

Harlan Huckleby
10-01-2018, 10:09 PM
Does this make him Worthy, or unworthy?

too late. Rutnstrut was served up the softball. swing and miss

Carolina_Packer
10-04-2018, 03:54 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/04/saints-sign-demetri-goodson-cut-jay-bromley/

Demetri Goodson signed by Saints. That should fix the defense.

Guiness
10-04-2018, 06:49 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/04/saints-sign-demetri-goodson-cut-jay-bromley/

Demetri Goodson signed by Saints. That should fix the defense.

speaking of swing and a miss

Fritz
10-04-2018, 08:21 PM
Cletidus Hunt signed with the Bucs today.

He's been assigned #96. Upper deck, rows 32-61, craft beers.

Joemailman
10-04-2018, 08:46 PM
Cletidus Hunt signed with the Bucs today.

He's been assigned #96. Upper deck, rows 32-61, craft beers.

You're gonna make me change my number?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Y4qTXk-DPV4ibI9K1MHytMi8MeHbxyRVoG3hbnZuDG574GRrDfejTdTVS WFODS9DkFZsZ589zrNgsP50_lek-ULzRlzc5fzkLY0RZZTIiUSkV4AHYy9kb_bdlCF1dyNsUBypw_D iy6h2J1R98EFvpbK_zNRcbSZm3npJsBuOjJduqzbPj4voQXrrs g8PkWORgNSlVlSb3nNwdmHDO23jWh1dZd0AruQ9t6FdRNxq1sf ClUq3czYGZvnVcgLHmpZaoMTw7cT7ZfgXIASj5-n8NMiTqQOohbOIwFrzHu7GdU3G7l4M3YXsgEyjvB47QCfK2G-QK6lDi1oyMofWOOh1nhNRZKOT3rrBQFoA3ibd9eoZiD8pOEkOB 0aRaUrTr0xc72NS_gvyTsdxPYWUGJOHGAu43PvIwMeni5KGrhn UCKEos4MuDt3YnCHigPy4KATLPUuJqW9xTR9PGsA-Cu9YhAXzIWXSehlaZl1VJHLpmRmKT8HrtPXeyF3gAc1YX05CIE d6NDM7Wky2YHxgrY1LF91x7GqYNdru8zPvRS4BGNi1wOO8C-MN6FgTHwjJKfKVgAt-Pv3fdE2HFCEpk3HLJWfltHdzDi2nsQM4utDZ-ZblIQcLRb7hh3kB6qxqdyU=s200-no

Fritz
10-05-2018, 08:42 AM
You're gonna make me change my number?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Y4qTXk-DPV4ibI9K1MHytMi8MeHbxyRVoG3hbnZuDG574GRrDfejTdTVS WFODS9DkFZsZ589zrNgsP50_lek-ULzRlzc5fzkLY0RZZTIiUSkV4AHYy9kb_bdlCF1dyNsUBypw_D iy6h2J1R98EFvpbK_zNRcbSZm3npJsBuOjJduqzbPj4voQXrrs g8PkWORgNSlVlSb3nNwdmHDO23jWh1dZd0AruQ9t6FdRNxq1sf ClUq3czYGZvnVcgLHmpZaoMTw7cT7ZfgXIASj5-n8NMiTqQOohbOIwFrzHu7GdU3G7l4M3YXsgEyjvB47QCfK2G-QK6lDi1oyMofWOOh1nhNRZKOT3rrBQFoA3ibd9eoZiD8pOEkOB 0aRaUrTr0xc72NS_gvyTsdxPYWUGJOHGAu43PvIwMeni5KGrhn UCKEos4MuDt3YnCHigPy4KATLPUuJqW9xTR9PGsA-Cu9YhAXzIWXSehlaZl1VJHLpmRmKT8HrtPXeyF3gAc1YX05CIE d6NDM7Wky2YHxgrY1LF91x7GqYNdru8zPvRS4BGNi1wOO8C-MN6FgTHwjJKfKVgAt-Pv3fdE2HFCEpk3HLJWfltHdzDi2nsQM4utDZ-ZblIQcLRb7hh3kB6qxqdyU=s200-no

I was so close!

And now we have a #97 who is a hell of a player. I saw some replays yesterday, and Clark looks a lot thinner than I remember him being when he came to Green Bay. Has he thinned out?

gbgary
10-05-2018, 01:03 PM
former Packer DeAngelo Yancey is now a current Packer.

Fritz
10-05-2018, 02:09 PM

And I am my own grandpa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYlJH81dSiw

mraynrand
10-05-2018, 03:23 PM
And I am my own grandpa.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eVTUOPC0Buw/TkMDmnKrEOI/AAAAAAAABF8/04p_ZrtD0oY/s1600/grampa%2Bsimpson.png

Cheesehead Craig
10-21-2018, 05:39 PM
Where's Janis?

mraynrand
10-21-2018, 05:40 PM
Where's Janis?

Dallas could really use him. And Dez.

Rutnstrut
10-21-2018, 11:02 PM
Where's Janis?

Living the life and hunting a lot. He shot a pretty nice buck last week.

gbgary
10-23-2018, 11:04 AM

nevermind.

Smidgeon
11-07-2018, 11:16 AM
Different dream, but still a former Packer.

https://pilotonline.com/news/government/politics/local/article_dd8caa8c-dc74-11e8-b995-cb1892daf88e.html

gbgary
11-07-2018, 04:54 PM
whitehead signed by cle.

KYPack
11-20-2018, 07:48 PM
The Cowboys cut former GB DT Christian Ringo today.

Worth a look while Daniels heals?

IDK

pbmax
11-20-2018, 08:32 PM
Ringo or Quentin Dial.

Also, Dick Rod is set to be called up by the Iggles if he hasn't been already.

Banjo is seeing snaps for the Saints.

Cheesehead Craig
11-21-2018, 01:06 PM
Where's Janis?

Harlan Huckleby
11-26-2018, 09:47 AM
Damarious Randall is living his dream.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/cleveland-browns-players-take-shots-at-former-head-coach-in-revenge-victory

mraynrand
11-26-2018, 11:16 AM
Damarious Randall is living his dream.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/cleveland-browns-players-take-shots-at-former-head-coach-in-revenge-victory

This is a truly bizarre situation, all around.

beveaux1
11-26-2018, 02:38 PM
This is a truly bizarre situation, all around.

I think everyone knew he was talented, he just had some immaturity. The question is, does Kizer have the kind of talent to at least become a good back up? if not, this was a terrible trade.

Joemailman
11-26-2018, 03:09 PM
I think everyone knew he was talented, he just had some immaturity. The question is, does Kizer have the kind of talent to at least become a good back up? if not, this was a terrible trade.
Sounds like he still has maturity issues. Or no class. I'm okay with Gutey gerting rid of him, even if Kizer doesn't amount to anything.

mraynrand
11-27-2018, 01:22 AM
Sounds like he still has maturity issues. Or no class. I'm okay with Gutey gerting rid of him, even if Kizer doesn't amount to anything.

Randall is a tool. It's not just one incident. There have been many.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-27-2018, 02:52 AM
Randall is a tool. It's not just one incident. There have been many.

How many?

I counted 1: the Chicago benching. That’s all.

Randall spoke truth when he called out Dummy for the Pack’s lack of accountability.

mraynrand
11-27-2018, 08:30 AM
How many?

I counted 1: the Chicago benching. That’s all.

Randall spoke truth when he called out Dummy for the Pack’s lack of accountability.

In Cleveland. He's a buffoon on the field. You'd like him.

gbgary
11-27-2018, 03:46 PM
Rollins signs with ari.

Joemailman
11-27-2018, 03:53 PM
Rollins signs with ari.

Guess he wants to see Lambeau one more time.

pbmax
11-27-2018, 07:17 PM
I wonder why?

mraynrand
11-27-2018, 07:31 PM
If Rollins gets a pick, I bet he hands the ball to Stubby on the sideline.

pbmax
11-27-2018, 07:32 PM
If Rollins gets a pick, I bet he hands the ball to Stubby on the sideline.

More likely he'll go to Packer sideline for a hamstring tape job.

George Cumby
11-27-2018, 08:09 PM
Is fat mike on the “former packers” list yet?

Joemailman
11-27-2018, 09:19 PM

No, but he may be hamstrung.

bobblehead
11-27-2018, 11:25 PM

No, but his scapegoat just got 51 yards rushing and 3 catches on a team that knows how to use him.

Fosco33
01-26-2019, 02:33 PM
Bump

Joemailman
01-26-2019, 02:59 PM
No, but his scapegoat just got 51 yards rushing and 3 catches on a team that knows how to use him.

Monty is about to become a UFA. Maybe...Nah.

Joemailman
02-03-2019, 09:49 PM
Aaron Ripkowski signs with Chiefs.

bobblehead
02-03-2019, 10:53 PM
Monty is about to become a UFA. Maybe...Nah.

Doubtful, but what an epic FU M3 that would be...especially if he became James White of the Frozen Tundra.

pbmax
02-04-2019, 07:51 AM
Aaron Ripkowski signs with Chiefs.

Is the Shanny Jr. ZBS a fullback or one-back offense?

Joemailman
02-04-2019, 08:13 AM
Is the Shanny Jr. ZBS a fullback or one-back offense?

49ers had a FB who started 14 games. Rams do not have a FB listed on their roster. LaFleur in Tennessee started out with 2 TE sets this year, but ran a lot of 2 RB later, although neither was a FB.

pbmax
02-04-2019, 09:32 AM
49ers had a FB who started 14 games. Rams do not have a FB listed on their roster. LaFleur in Tennessee started out with 2 TE sets this year, but ran a lot of 2 RB later, although neither was a FB.

I'd be OK with a mix of 4-5 FB/TE. Need on FB at least though.

pbmax
02-04-2019, 10:21 AM
Does he count?

Alex Marvez @alexmarvez
Sources tell me Dom Capers being courted to become a senior defensive assistant by the @jaguars and @MiamiDolphins. If he doesn't become @bengals defensive coordinator, I expect him to join the @MiamiDolphins but we'll see

Joemailman
02-04-2019, 10:39 AM
Former Packers (or almost Packers) who have made the final rosters of the Alliance Of American Football:

Arizona Hotshots

– RB Jhurell Pressley
– C Patrick Lewis
– G Josh Allen
– LB Carl Bradford

Atlanta Legends

– WR Montay Crockett

Birmingham Iron

– RB LaDarius Perkins
– LB Beniquez Brown

Memphis Express

– RB Rajion Neal

Orlando Apollos

– WR Charles Johnson
– OL Andrew Tiller
– OL Jordan McCray
– DL Jerel Worthy
– CB LaDarius Gunter

Salt Lake Stallions

– RB Joel Bouagnon
– WR Adonis Jennings
– C Austin Davis
– DL Chris Odom
– LB Greer Martini

San Antonio Commanders

– QB Marquise Williams
– LB Jayrone Elliott
– DL Joey Mbu

San Diego Fleet

– OL Darrell Greene

Fritz
02-05-2019, 12:30 PM
After watching Sean McVay get outcoached by Belichek, it reminded me that McCarthy, for all his faults, usually came up with some pretty good game plans against New England.

pbmax
02-05-2019, 12:45 PM
After watching Sean McVay get outcoached by Belichek, it reminded me that McCarthy, for all his faults, usually came up with some pretty good game plans against New England.

He coached better scared. In almost all cases.

The one real tragedy was the Seattle playoff fiasco. If he was slightly more confident, that game ends differently.

QBME
02-05-2019, 05:36 PM
Former Packers (or almost Packers) who have made the final rosters of the Alliance Of American Football:

Arizona Hotshots

– RB Jhurell Pressley
– C Patrick Lewis
– G Josh Allen
– LB Carl Bradford

Atlanta Legends

– WR Montay Crockett

Birmingham Iron

– RB LaDarius Perkins
– LB Beniquez Brown

Memphis Express

– RB Rajion Neal

Orlando Apollos

– WR Charles Johnson
– OL Andrew Tiller
– OL Jordan McCray
– DL Jerel Worthy
– CB LaDarius Gunter

Salt Lake Stallions

– RB Joel Bouagnon
– WR Adonis Jennings
– C Austin Davis
– DL Chris Odom
– LB Greer Martini

San Antonio Commanders

– QB Marquise Williams
– LB Jayrone Elliott
– DL Joey Mbu

San Diego Fleet

– OL Darrell Greene

It appears Orlando got the..ahem...cough..cream of the crop.

Teamcheez1
02-05-2019, 06:28 PM
Interesting that Jerel Worthy and Jayrone Elliot are still around and can't get a gig on an NFL roster somewhere.

I guess this really is the end of the road for most of these players.

Fritz
02-10-2019, 02:51 PM
He coached better scared. In almost all cases.

The one real tragedy was the Seattle playoff fiasco. If he was slightly more confident, that game ends differently.

I have to agree here completely. Just a little more blood flow to the scrotum from MM and the Packers would've been in two Super Bowls in that era, and the Wolf vs. Thompson and Holmgren vs. McCarthy debates could have raged on.

pbmax
02-11-2019, 08:06 AM
Interesting that Jerel Worthy and Jayrone Elliot are still around and can't get a gig on an NFL roster somewhere.

I guess this really is the end of the road for most of these players.

I kinda enjoyed the AFLN or whatever it was called on CBS. Reasonable football product. Mike Martz still not a believer in protecting his QB.

pbmax
02-11-2019, 08:40 AM
https://twitter.com/aafhotshots/status/1094794403313418240

Second Tweet in that thread is a highlight of a TD throw. Isn't Pressley a former Packer?

Carolina_Packer
02-11-2019, 11:31 AM
https://totalpackers.com/2016/09/jhurell-pressleys-packers-debut-will-never-happen/ I'm not sure why he didn't really get a real chance other than it was early in the season and they likely needed a roster spot. If he was all that, though, you'd think he would have established himself with another team with three more seasons in the books since then.

texaspackerbacker
02-11-2019, 11:56 AM
As I scanned the AAF rosters and coaches, I came across another blast from the past: Tim Lewis - head coach of Memphis. I had to check if he was really the guy, not just a similar name. He is. For those who don't remember, Tim Lewis was probably on the way to becoming the greatest Packer Corner in my lifetime, and I go back to Herb Adderly and before. He played about two years, injured his neck, and never played again. He was truly the shutdown Corner at the pro level that one poster in here dreams he was in high school hahahahaha.

Fritz
02-11-2019, 01:17 PM
Had he stayed healthy, and had Eddie Lee Ivery not blown out his knee back in the day, that Packer era might have been so much less dismal.

Patler
02-11-2019, 01:24 PM
As I scanned the AAF rosters and coaches, I came across another blast from the past: Tim Lewis - head coach of Memphis. I had to check if he was really the guy, not just a similar name. He is. For those who don't remember, Tim Lewis was probably on the way to becoming the greatest Packer Corner in my lifetime, and I go back to Herb Adderly and before. He played about two years, injured his neck, and never played again. He was truly the shutdown Corner at the pro level that one poster in here dreams he was in high school hahahahaha.

Yup, was just starting to be mentioned as being a great one in the making when his career ended abruptly.

Not sure what happened to him as a coach. He ascended the ranks in the NFL, and spent three years as DC in Pittsburgh and another three in NY. Some thought he was a potential HC, then his career went backwards and he was out of the league a few years ago.

Patler
02-11-2019, 01:41 PM
Had he stayed healthy, and had Eddie Lee Ivery not blown out his knee back in the day, that Packer era might have been so much less dismal.

...and had Bruce Clark signed with GB instead of going to Canada, the Packers might never have had Lewis. He was drafted with the pick GB got from New Orleans for their rights to Clark.

Fritz
02-12-2019, 05:59 AM
...and had Bruce Clark signed with GB instead of going to Canada, the Packers might never have had Lewis. He was drafted with the pick GB got from New Orleans for their rights to Clark.

Bruce Clark. Did he even do anything in Canada or in the NFL?

Patler
02-12-2019, 09:40 AM
Bruce Clark. Did he even do anything in Canada or in the NFL?

Played 10 years, 2 in Canada and 8 in the NFL.. All-star in Canada and had a pro-bowl season with the Saints. Ended up being a good, solid player.

Carolina_Packer
02-12-2019, 12:46 PM
Funny how Clark snubbed the Packers and then ended up with the early 80's Saints under Bum Phillips. Those were some average to below average teams, but hey, he was in New Orleans! When Jim Mora got there, they had two good years in 87 (strike year) and 88 and then he had one more very average year under Marty ball in KC and then done. Those early 80's Packers teams could have totally used a guy like Bruce Clark.

Fritz
02-14-2019, 12:42 PM
Funny how Clark snubbed the Packers and then ended up with the early 80's Saints under Bum Phillips. Those were some average to below average teams, but hey, he was in New Orleans! When Jim Mora got there, they had two good years in 87 (strike year) and 88 and then he had one more very average year under Marty ball in KC and then done. Those early 80's Packers teams could have totally used a guy like Joe Montana.

FIFY. The story I read on Packerrats was that one or two Packer scouts were really, really pushing for this skinny QB from Notre Dame, but the story goes that Bart Starr wanted to demonstrate that he was in charge and could spot talent, so he went with Rich Campbell int he first round.

No idea if there's any truth to this, except that we know the Packers did not draft Joe Montana. Of course, no one did until the third round. Sometimes I think it would have been more fun to be a scout in those days, because it seems that there was more opportunity to uncover a gem, or see things on tape that others didn't see. Those days, you might be the only scout watching film from the Colorado School of Mines or going to Antelope Hole, Wyoming, to watch some offensive tackle your brother's friend's dad saw playing for the Wyoming Wranglers. Nowadays, there isn't a twelve-year-old Potential NFL Quarterback in the land whom the NFL doesn't already know about.

KYPack
02-15-2019, 10:51 PM
FIFY. The story I read on Packerrats was that one or two Packer scouts were really, really pushing for this skinny QB from Notre Dame, but the story goes that Bart Starr wanted to demonstrate that he was in charge and could spot talent, so he went with Rich Campbell int he first round.

No idea if there's any truth to this, except that we know the Packers did not draft Joe Montana. Of course, no one did until the third round. Sometimes I think it would have been more fun to be a scout in those days, because it seems that there was more opportunity to uncover a gem, or see things on tape that others didn't see. Those days, you might be the only scout watching film from the Colorado School of Mines or going to Antelope Hole, Wyoming, to watch some offensive tackle your brother's friend's dad saw playing for the Wyoming Wranglers. Nowadays, there isn't a twelve-year-old Potential NFL Quarterback in the land whom the NFL doesn't already know about.

Red Cochran (legendary GB coach and scout) assumed he had Bart sold on drafting Montana. When Bart picked Charles Johnson, Red screamed obscenities, fired his clipboard across the room and stomped out of the draft room. The next year, Red and all the scouts had Bart sold on drafting Ronnie Lott. They flew Lott out to GB, steak dinner at Oneida Country Club, the whole bit. Lott committed to the Pack. On draft day, Bart freaked out and made Rich Campbell #1. Bart explained that Hawg Hanner talked him into picking Campbell.

it was later claimed that Hawg talked Starr into drafting Charles Johnson over Joe Cool.

So maybe Hawg fucked up the 80's for us.

pbmax
02-16-2019, 08:28 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/42/Dave_Hanner_-_1954_Bowman.jpg/230px-Dave_Hanner_-_1954_Bowman.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Hanner

Coaching career
Following his playing career, Hanner spent sixteen seasons as an assistant coach for the Packers. From 1965 through 1970, he was the defensive line coach. When Dan Devine took over as head coach in 1971, he was promoted to the defensive coordinator, a position he served in until 1974. Bart Starr became the team's head coach in 1975 and Hanner remained as the assistant head coach and defensive coordinator. He was released after the 1979 season (and then worked for the rival Chicago Bears), but returned as the team's quality control assistant in 1982. He transferred into a scout role until he retired in 1996.

Hanner was inducted into both the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame and the Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame.

First, he may have become a Bears' plant after 1979.

Second, that is a whale of a career but he seems to be moving into a downward trajectory after being let go as DC in '79. However a defensive minded guy is someone I could see (as a coach or as a scout) trying to get a player for the defense (Johnson). If he recommended Campbell, who knows what the motivation was.

KYPack
02-17-2019, 01:06 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/42/Dave_Hanner_-_1954_Bowman.jpg/230px-Dave_Hanner_-_1954_Bowman.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Hanner

Coaching career
Following his playing career, Hanner spent sixteen seasons as an assistant coach for the Packers. From 1965 through 1970, he was the defensive line coach. When Dan Devine took over as head coach in 1971, he was promoted to the defensive coordinator, a position he served in until 1974. Bart Starr became the team's head coach in 1975 and Hanner remained as the assistant head coach and defensive coordinator. He was released after the 1979 season (and then worked for the rival Chicago Bears), but returned as the team's quality control assistant in 1982. He transferred into a scout role until he retired in 1996.

Hanner was inducted into both the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame and the Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame.

First, he may have become a Bears' plant after 1979.

Second, that is a whale of a career but he seems to be moving into a downward trajectory after being let go as DC in '79. However a defensive minded guy is someone I could see (as a coach or as a scout) trying to get a player for the defense (Johnson). If he recommended Campbell, who knows what the motivation was.

By that timeline, it doesn't look like Hawg was with the club in any capacity when those decisions/picks were made.

I totally forgot Hawg worked with the Bears. I wonder how he got on with Buddy and that crew!

pbmax
02-17-2019, 07:02 PM
Well he coached through 1979, so he could have been onboard the no Montana train. JoeCool was drafted in 1979 I believe.

Carolina_Packer
02-18-2019, 11:43 AM
By that timeline, it doesn't look like Hawg was with the club in any capacity when those decisions/picks were made.

I totally forgot Hawg worked with the Bears. I wonder how he got on with Buddy and that crew!

Yep. If Hawg was out of the picture from 1979 to 1982, he would have missed the 1981 draft when Rich Campbell was chosen as Green Bay's first pick (oy!). In the first two rounds, they could have had Ronnie Lott, Mike Singletary or Howie Long. Double oy! #thanksbart

Joemailman
02-18-2019, 02:20 PM
Yep. If Hawg was out of the picture from 1979 to 1982, he would have missed the 1981 draft when Rich Campbell was chosen as Green Bay's first pick (oy!). In the first two rounds, they could have had Ronnie Lott, Mike Singletary or Howie Long. Double oy! #thanksbart

Maybe Hawg called his old friend Bart and said "You know, you guys should really consider drafting tnat Campbell kid :satan:".

pbmax
02-18-2019, 03:20 PM
Perhaps he got canned for recommending against Montana.

Teamcheez1
02-19-2019, 07:00 PM
Jordy still sounds a little bitter about not being resigned by the Packers.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2019/02/19/green-bay-packers-morning-buzz-jordy-nelson-wants-just-move-on/2884067002/

gbgary
02-20-2019, 10:59 AM
capers hooked with the jags.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018301/article/jaguars-hire-dom-capers-as-senior-defensive-assistant

pbmax
02-20-2019, 01:21 PM
Jordy still sounds a little bitter about not being resigned by the Packers.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2019/02/19/green-bay-packers-morning-buzz-jordy-nelson-wants-just-move-on/2884067002/

Mostly sounds like he doesn't want to re-live it.

pbmax
02-22-2019, 09:46 AM
Here is a writeup about Nelson's talk with Wilde and Tauscher. Former Packers Greg Jennings, Jermichael Finley and Kabeer somehow make an appearance too.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/jordy-nelson-on-criticism-of-packers-aaron-rodgers-the-same/article_d2b161b9-70e1-57d5-aa9d-1b7d56010913.html

Nelson found Finley’s remarks particularly curious.

“When you actually read the comments and what they say, it makes absolutely no sense,” Nelson said. “A quarterback expects you to practice well and do what you’re supposed to do on the practice field in order to be successful in a game? That’s pretty well what’s expected.

KGB's comments are just precious too. The guy who refused to play the run, got benched (hello Cullen Jenkins at DE) and released for giving up huge runs on the edge says that becoming the starter changed Rodgers. KGB got a good what, six months look at that, before playing his way out of town.

Losing stinks, mainly because fools come out of the woodwork.

I got into a discussion with Packer Report who was mad at people IRL and online nattering on about Rodgers being coachable. He was mad that people insisted this was a question and did not want to discuss that Rodgers himself brought this up AND made it a story this year with his own comments (game plan versus Bills was it?).

He thinks it'd par for the course for QBs to be mad about things when results are going south. I tend to agree, but Rodgers performance, comments and the team situation, all make the coachable question pretty obviously relevant, even if in my opinion its easily answered as yes.

Also realized that a HC who calls plays put themselves in this position. Belichick can stay well above the fray as HC with TebowDrafter getting the bulk of the complaints. Or you go with Holmgren which means you keep your distance and only hand out limited freedom to have input of change the plays.

Joemailman
02-22-2019, 08:38 PM
“It’s crazy to say, but I played with the guy for 6, 7 years, and I had to gain my trust by running the right routes and knowing the plays. It’s crazy.”

J-Mike is pretty hilarious here. Unintentionally I believe.

Patler
02-22-2019, 10:28 PM
“It’s crazy to say, but I played with the guy for 6, 7 years, and I had to gain my trust by running the right routes and knowing the plays. It’s crazy.” J-Mike is pretty hilarious here. Unintentionally I believe.

Recall that, as a rookie, after he had completely botched a couple passes thrown his way in a game toward the end of the season, Finley "explained" one was dropped because Rodgers had not yet learned where he (Finley) liked to have the ball thrown, and the other was because he (Finley) didn't do back shoulder type routes.

Joemailman
02-28-2019, 12:05 PM
Ron Zook hired by Salt Lake Stallions of The AAF. He will assist on secondary and special teams. https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/28/former-packers-assistant-ron-zook-hired-by-stallions-of-aaf/

Fritz
02-28-2019, 12:58 PM
There goes the Stallions' special teams play.

pbmax
03-01-2019, 08:25 AM
There goes the Stallions' special teams play.

He once was a well regarded DC in college. Maybe his secondary makes up for it.

Smidgeon
03-07-2019, 10:43 AM
For lack of a better thread:

Gutekunst also has Thompson at his side, at least for now. The former GM who was pushed aside 14 months ago now serves as a senior adviser, although he recently moved back to his home in Texas. A source said he’s not expected to travel much to Green Bay anymore because of his declining health and the need to have someone travel with him.

I know we were all surmising about it, but I guess the end of his health came rapidly.

Fritz
03-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Ouch. I am sad for him. He was - is - such a decent human being. I wonder how apparent his decline was, the last few years as GM? These things can be hard to gauge.

gbgary
03-07-2019, 01:27 PM
Ouch. I am sad for him. He was - is - such a decent human being. I wonder how apparent his decline was, the last few years as GM? These things can be hard to gauge.

it was two three years ago i commented on here that his post draft presser was hard to watch.

pbmax
03-08-2019, 08:33 AM
it was two three years ago i commented on here that his post draft presser was hard to watch.

Yeah. When he came back from that longer than expected absence after having a medical procedure, he looked lost.

I wonder if part of the problem the last 3-4 years was that Ted really wasn't running the show.

red
03-08-2019, 09:54 AM

Yup, it was very apparent then that something was wrong with him

It’s nuts he stayed around for a couple more years calling the shots

red
03-08-2019, 09:56 AM
Yeah. When he came back from that longer than expected absence after having a medical procedure, he looked lost.

I wonder if part of the problem the last 3-4 years was that Ted really wasn't running the show.

You think fat mike weaseled his way into making the decisions?

Teamcheez1
03-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Yup, it was very apparent then that something was wrong with him

It’s nuts he stayed around for a couple more years calling the shots

Ted is like the guy at work who is 70 years old and can comfortably retire. Everybody wonders why the person sticks around, but they can't think of themselves ever doing anything but work.

pbmax
03-10-2019, 11:44 PM
You think fat mike weaseled his way into making the decisions?

Speculation was that Ball picked up the pieces.