PDA

View Full Version : Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Joemailman
05-17-2023, 08:43 AM
Jack Heflin signs with Saints. I think Heflin might be like Lawrence Guy. A D-lineman the Packers gave up on too soon.

run pMc
05-17-2023, 09:41 AM
Well they sure could use him now. Their DL is Clark, Wyatt, Slaton, Wooden, Brooks, Ford and a bunch of street guys.
That's a drop off from last year IMO. If Clark or Slaton gets hurt the DL is tissue paper.

They will rush the passer a little better, but they are going to have problems stopping the run.

Joemailman
06-13-2023, 02:27 PM
Adrian Amos joining the Jets.

Fosco33
06-13-2023, 03:05 PM
Bastard

Teamcheez1
06-13-2023, 06:26 PM
Jack Heflin signs with Saints. I think Heflin might be like Lawrence Guy. A D-lineman the Packers gave up on too soon.

Heflin played 4 games with the Packers in 2021 with 1 assisted tackle.
One game with the Giants in 2022 with no stats.
Played in XFL and the Saints will take a flyer on him for training camp.
Hardly qualifies as giving up on him when no one else has been interested.

MadScientist
06-13-2023, 11:21 PM
Adrian Amos joining the Jets.

So what the Jets learned from getting Favre in 2008 was that collecting one over the hill Packer was not enough. They have to get as many as possible.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-13-2023, 11:54 PM
So what the Jets learned from getting Favre in 2008 was that collecting one over the hill Packer was not enough. They have to get as many as possible.

As the official Packerrats Packers historian, it is my duty to remind you that Bert “Dick Pic” Favor wasn’t the only ex-Packer who migrated to New Jersey that season. Bubba Franks also slothed there.

Franks, slow as a sloth, was somewhat of a TD machine in the Green and Mustard Yellow. Egotistical Ron Wolf overdrafted Franks in the first round to mock Mark Chmura, the infamous TE infamously known for sharing a hot tub with a bunch of teen chicks.

Fritz
06-14-2023, 08:43 AM

I am just surprised that Mercedes Lewis has not yet signed with the Jest.

bobblehead
06-17-2023, 02:33 PM
Wasn't Z the guy who took all the young guys out partying in SD right before we laid an egg there in his first season with us?

MadScientist
06-17-2023, 06:55 PM
Jace Sternberger is leading the USFL in TD's:
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/15/former-packers-te-jace-sternberger-currently-leads-usfl-in-receiving-touchdowns/
Somehow I suspect this is more reflective of the talent level of the USFL than a jump in the abilities of Sternberger.

Joemailman
06-17-2023, 09:12 PM
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/15/former-packers-te-jace-sternberger-currently-leads-usfl-in-receiving-touchdowns/
Somehow I suspect this is more reflective of the talent level of the USFL than a jump in the abilities of Sternberger.

I think he always had receiving talent. But he blocked like Mr. Rogers. Not sure how much he is asked to block in USFL.

MadScientist
06-17-2023, 11:08 PM
I think he always had receiving talent. But he blocked like Mr. Rogers. Not sure how much he is asked to block in USFL.

Not much talent there either. He might have been ok at catching the ball, but he didn't get open often. Thankfully they finally learned that plodding, useless TE's are not worth drafting.

run pMc
06-19-2023, 08:12 AM

I don't think he was plodding - his 40 time was ok for a TE. He was a so-so athlete on the NFL level. Watch the clips - he's split out wide on most of the highlights, he's not inline like MLF probably wanted to use him. Also, the coverage is not great. It's definitely a step down from NFL pass coverage.

I think the struggles as a young TE in the NFL were real for him, and with some maturity and good USFL film he probably gets a shot to play in the NFL again... not in GB though. Good for him for having some success in the USFL at least.

run pMc
06-19-2023, 08:14 AM
Did I miss discussion of Adrian Amos signing with the Jets?

I guess Chuck Clark has an injury and Asst GM Rodgers suggested Joe Douglas give Amos a call.
As for Smash, good dude and good player. His performance fell off last year and GB likely needed to move on.

Good luck to Amos in Florham Park.

Teamcheez1
07-30-2023, 05:42 PM
Amari Rodgers waived by the Texans.

Last week, Jace Sternberger signed with the Bills.

run pMc
07-31-2023, 07:52 AM
Sounds like a "mutual decision" and Rodgers requested he be released in an attempt to catch on elsewhere. Texans added a bunch of WRs via FA and draft and he was on the bubble anyway.
For being a darling of many scouts when he was drafted, he really hasn't panned out.

MadScientist
07-31-2023, 03:33 PM
It's possible that the Packers mixed system and Aaron's 50 million hand signals screwed up Amari's development, but looking at the scouting report, Clemson manufactured ways to get him open and he couldn't beat college corners in man coverage.

Fritz
08-01-2023, 07:35 AM
Did I miss discussion of Adrian Amos signing with the Jets?

I guess Chuck Clark has an injury and Asst GM Rodgers suggested Joe Douglas give Amos a call.
As for Smash, good dude and good player. His performance fell off last year and GB likely needed to move on.

Good luck to Amos in Florham Park.

Wow. That's four now - Cobb, Lazard, Billy Turner and now Amos. Boy, one more injury in that receiver room, and Jordy Nelson might start getting a little boner out there on his Kansas farm.

And since Guter often makes a surprise big-name cut during training camp, that's another body that might end up moving to Gotham City.

It's getting just a leetle creepy.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-01-2023, 09:52 AM
Wow. That's four now - Cobb, Lazard, Billy Turner and now Amos. Boy, one more injury in that receiver room, and Jordy Nelson might start getting a little boner out there on his Kansas farm.

And since Guter often makes a surprise big-name cut during training camp, that's another body that might end up moving to Gotham City.

It's getting just a leetle creepy.

Tim Boyle, Malik Taylor, and Adam Pankey are also there. I’ll bet anyone my minimum-wage paycheck that Boyle wins the QB2 gig and Wilson quits futbol to work full time for Mormon Boyz.

Harlan Huckleby
08-01-2023, 11:04 AM
Beloved by Packers fans, Cobb being healthy would have been met with celebration in Green Bay. New York is a different animal, though, and apparently he is presence on the team is not appreciated by many Jets fans.

Cobb has certainly had a long run of injury-plagued seasons. In fact, there have only been two seasons in his entire career in which he played a full season’s worth of games. After playing 15 games for the Dallas Cowboys in 2019, Cobb has appeared in 10, 12, and 13 respectively in each of the following seasons.

After signing with the Jets, many Packers fans, while saddened by his departure, realized that he was tied to Rodgers.
https://wisportsheroics.com/nfl-news-green-bay-packers-new-york-jets-randall-cobb-jets-news-rumors/

Cobb was better than expected last season, but I don't think he was "beloved", and I didn't see a lot of long faces when Cobb left.
The writer thinks that Jets fans are much bigger assholes than Packer fans. I doubt it.

MadScientist
08-01-2023, 11:19 AM
https://wisportsheroics.com/nfl-news-green-bay-packers-new-york-jets-randall-cobb-jets-news-rumors/

Cobb was better than expected last season, but I don't think he was "beloved", and I didn't see a lot of long faces when Cobb left.
The writer thinks that Jets fans are much bigger assholes than Packer fans. I doubt it.
'Beloved' is definitely overstating things. There was some hope that reuniting with Rodgers in 2021 would lead to a revival in his career, but I don't think any Packers fans are sad that he is gone. With no previous history, the Jets fans know he's just an old receiver taking a roster spot from someone who might develop into something good or be useful on special teams. He's only there to make Rodgers happy, and everyone knows it.

run pMc
08-01-2023, 11:33 AM
Jonathan Garvin was let go on his birthday. Maybe he and Amari will get camp invites to tryout for the JetPacks

texaspackerbacker
08-01-2023, 02:01 PM
JetPacks, that's a good one hahahaha - those things that don't go very far and often come crashing down. Yup, I could see that.

MadScientist
08-01-2023, 03:35 PM
JetPacks, that's a good one hahahaha - those things that don't go very far and often come crashing down. Yup, I could see that.

Yep, the JetPacks won the off-season, just like the Mets. I expect it will work out just as well.

Fosco33
08-01-2023, 03:59 PM
I think Aaron left on way better terms than the drama w/ Brett. If there’s no conflict and they’re national games - I’ll prob watch a couple Jets games. We want AR to play 51% of the snaps and snag us a top 10 pick, right?

run pMc
08-01-2023, 06:49 PM
65% of the snaps.

bobblehead
08-02-2023, 02:28 PM
Tim Boyle, Malik Taylor, and Adam Pankey are also there. I’ll bet anyone my minimum-wage paycheck that Boyle wins the QB2 gig and Wilson quits futbol to work full time for Mormon Boyz.

I would take that bet....not sure what I'm going to do with $83.17, but I'll figure it out.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-02-2023, 11:53 PM
I would take that bet....not sure what I'm going to do with $83.17, but I'll figure it out.

80 frogskins get you a year-long subscription to Mormon Boyz.

Don’t be a free-wanker like Tex. Pay for your aphrodisiacs. Free-wankers like Tex are the reason why, nowadays, whenever I want to watch Bretsky’s beloved Wisconsin Badgers play in the Brazzers Dot Com Bowl, I gotta shell out 25 frogskins to stream AND another 25 to download. Used to be, long before the free-wankers showed up, $9.95 was enough for both streaming and downloading.

And, as an aside, I used to be racist like Tony ODay. Then I discovered - and started paying - for this site called Dog Farts. Site made me see that it’s just humans doing what dolphins do - interacting with each other for purposes other than procreation. I ain’t see race anymore, hombre.

Beware, though, long-term addiction to the aphrodisiacs can - and do - make one dull. Upon being institutionalized, I wanted to be a writer. By fate, my roommate moved out of the dorm room we shared. Alone and with fast internet, I was able to expose myself to a tons of aphrodisiacs. I became addicted. Became dull. Couldn’t talk to chicks. Couldn’t write cool stuff. Switched major to accounting and economics, aiming to work for a major corporation upon release from the institution. Today, I remain addicted. Still dull. Still can’t talk to chicks. Oh, I work for a major corporation alright - just as a minimum-wage burger flipper instead of a six figures suit flipping the fat cats’ books.

Moral of the story: addiction to the aphrodisiacs ain’t no joke, hombre.

bobblehead
08-04-2023, 09:22 PM
Half of me wants to google "mormon boyz" but then the logic center in my brain says "don't you fucking dare".

Fritz
08-05-2023, 07:47 AM
https://lombardiave.com/posts/packers-missed-golden-opportunity-all-pro-pass-rusher-01h6ydnfjed5

One of the problems with the “what if?” articles like this is that the writers often seem to forget that it was the offense that was the problem in big games, not the defense. Detroit only scored twenty points last year in the finale.

But maybe the writers think JJ would’ve returned some fumbles for touchdowns or something.

Teamcheez1
08-05-2023, 08:27 AM
JJ Watt chased the money at the end of his career. I don’t blame him, but any discussion of him looking to win or compete for a SB is plain wrong. He signed with the Cardinals for god’s sake!

run pMc
08-05-2023, 01:25 PM
After playing for HOU, ARI probably looked like a SB contender. Go check out the 2021 roster, they were pretty talented. They won 11 games and got the 5th seed with Kliff Kingsbury at coach.
Green Bay did not have the cap space to sign Watt to anything close to the deal he got in ARI. GB's special teams got them kicked out of the playoffs that year, not the defense.

Fritz
08-05-2023, 02:18 PM
After playing for HOU, ARI probably looked like a SB contender. Go check out the 2021 roster, they were pretty talented. They won 11 games and got the 5th seed with Kliff Kingsbury at coach.
Green Bay did not have the cap space to sign Watt to anything close to the deal he got in ARI. GB's special teams got them kicked out of the playoffs that year, not the defense.

Sure, the special teams pooped the bed, but when you have the HOF QB who's supposedly in the running for the GOAT, and you have Davante Adams, and you have Aaron Jones, then I'd say the offense that couldn't produce any points in the fourth quarter, and when you had the ball first with six minutes left and then again with two or so, and you couldn't produce even a field goal, I'd say that's on your HOF QB and the offense.

Teamcheez1
08-05-2023, 07:45 PM

The year that JJ signed, AZ was coming off an 8-8 season. They did make the playoffs the next season and then fell apart winning 4 games in 2022.

JJ had 4 sacks in 2019, and then 5 sacks in the season heading into free agency, not exactly lighting it up.
The 2021 AZ playoff year he was basically hurt the whole year with one sack. He did rebound in 2022 with 12.5 sacks in a season that didn’t matter.

AZ payed JJ $31M for a 2 year contract with $23M guaranteed. The Packers were never going to offer anywhere close to that for an injury prone player at the tail end of his career.
For JJ, it was about the money playing on his last contract. For him to insinuate any other motive is pure poppycock.

bobblehead
08-06-2023, 11:37 AM
Sure, the special teams pooped the bed, but when you have the HOF QB who's supposedly in the running for the GOAT, and you have Davante Adams, and you have Aaron Jones, then I'd say the offense that couldn't produce any points in the fourth quarter, and when you had the ball first with six minutes left and then again with two or so, and you couldn't produce even a field goal, I'd say that's on your HOF QB and the offense.

That game and the TB game had me done with Rodgers to be honest. He didn't have "it" anymore. Maybe the fresh start will invigorate him, but even so, if the playoffs roll around and he decides that "shit, NY is cold too" then it won't matter.

bobblehead
08-06-2023, 11:39 AM
The year that JJ signed, AZ was coming off an 8-8 season. They did make the playoffs the next season and then fell apart winning 4 games in 2022.

JJ had 4 sacks in 2019, and then 5 sacks in the season heading into free agency, not exactly lighting it up.
The 2021 AZ playoff year he was basically hurt the whole year with one sack. He did rebound in 2022 with 12.5 sacks in a season that didn’t matter.

AZ payed JJ $31M for a 2 year contract with $23M guaranteed. The Packers were never going to offer anywhere close to that for an injury prone player at the tail end of his career.
For JJ, it was about the money playing on his last contract. For him to insinuate any other motive is pure poppycock.

Agreed. I don't mind that he took the cash, I just want him to be honest about it. If he really wanted to be a Packer it would have gotten done AND he would have made plenty of money.

Fritz
08-07-2023, 04:51 PM
I don't recall that it ever seemed realistic.

run pMc
08-07-2023, 05:17 PM
I don't recall that it ever seemed realistic.

It wasn't. I'm not even sure why we're talking about Watt, he was never a 'former Packer', and only the dream he's pursuing is a happy retirement.

NewsBruin
08-07-2023, 10:17 PM
Wirh Alvin Kamara's suspension, Jamaal Williams will be the Saints' starting RB against the Packers at Lambeau on September 24.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-08-2023, 12:33 AM
Wirh Alvin Kamara's suspension, Jamaal Williams will be the Saints' starting RB against the Packers at Lambeau on September 24.

Wasn’t the Dancing Black Bear (Williams) instrumental in knocking the Packers out of the playoffs in week 18 last season?

Fritz
08-09-2023, 09:05 AM
One of many Lions who were. But he ain't in Detroit no more.

run pMc
08-09-2023, 09:46 AM
One of many Lions who were. But he ain't in Detroit no more.

Jamaal broke a Barry Sanders record and was dependable if not dynamic. Swift was the opposite and they got rid of him.
I think Gibbs and Montgomery are a nice one-two punch, but Williams was a gritty, heart-and-soul-of-the-team type of guy that they will miss more than some might think. Detroit has (finally) amassed some very good talent, but they have a lot of potential landmines this year.

Even without Kamara, NO can get by with Jamaal at RB for a few games. He won't cause GB's defense the same kind of problems in the passing game, but GB defense has given up an average of around 4.7 ypc over the last 4-5 years, so he might be able to run all day on them.

Guiness
08-10-2023, 04:23 PM

I was looking for the upvote button then remembered I was not on reddit!

Guiness
08-10-2023, 04:29 PM
Jaylon Smith visiting New Orleans. For those who don't remember his time with the Pack:

On October 7, 2021, Smith signed with the Green Bay Packers.[51] On November 2, 2021, Smith was released.[52] He appeared in two games, collecting one tackle in 27 defensive snaps.

He was no Taco Wallace, but he was there, dammit!

run pMc
08-11-2023, 11:52 AM
IIRC Jaylon Smith played for the NYG and helped them beat GB in London.
For a guy who got his knee absolutely wrecked and all the nerve damage concerns, he's had a decent career. Good for him.

Joemailman
08-11-2023, 03:32 PM
IIRC Jaylon Smith played for the NYG and helped them beat GB in London.
For a guy who got his knee absolutely wrecked and all the nerve damage concerns, he's had a decent career. Good for him.

I thought he looked absolutely finished when he had his stint with the Packers. Seemed he couldn't change direction at all. Started 11 games for Giants last year though. Was a fantastic player at Notre Dame before that injury. Probably would been a top 5 pick.

call_me_ishmael
08-11-2023, 10:49 PM
Jaylon looked like AJ Hawk syndrome. just too bulky in his stint with packers. i wonder if he slimmed down for NYG.

bobblehead
08-13-2023, 01:41 PM
Jaylon looked like AJ Hawk syndrome. just too bulky in his stint with packers. i wonder if he slimmed down for NYG.

His knee just cost him his athleticism. I remember criticizing the move when we claimed him. Maybe he has recovered enough to be adequate at this point, I wouldn't know. Had totally forgotten about him to be honest.

smuggler
08-13-2023, 10:39 PM
Jaylon Smith limping around at the NFL scouting combine and seeing all the guys basically crying for him is one of my least favorite memories around draft time. That knee injury cost him tens of millions of dollars.

call_me_ishmael
08-13-2023, 10:53 PM
His knee just cost him his athleticism. I remember criticizing the move when we claimed him. Maybe he has recovered enough to be adequate at this point, I wouldn't know. Had totally forgotten about him to be honest.

Certainly but I think he recovered and was an effective player for a little bit there. He was a pro bowler in Dallas once, and tbh I'm surprised it wasn't more than that. Really stinks for him over all. What could have been.

He still came out pretty well though. He got a big contact with 35m guaranteed from Dallas after doing his entire rookie deal.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/jaylon-smith-18982/#:~:text=2019%2D2024,carrying%20a%20cap%20hit%20of %20.

Joemailman
08-30-2023, 02:04 PM
Shemar Jean-Charles signed to 49ers Packer squad.

Fritz
08-30-2023, 02:50 PM
Interesting. I wonder what they saw that they liked. He didn't seem to show much here.

SudsMcBucky
08-30-2023, 02:58 PM
Shemar Jean-Charles signed to 49ers Packer squad.

Now THAT should be interesting. :)

Joemailman
08-31-2023, 07:47 PM
Steelers signing Tariq Carpenter to practice squad.

texaspackerbacker
09-01-2023, 11:32 AM
I don't post much in this thread. I just figure gone is gone. However, I read this article about a couple of Giants players being mad at Aaron Rodgers, and I was wondering why. It seems that in their preseason game last week, Randall Cobb of all people compltely laid out a Giants player with a beautiful (but judged to be illegal) blindside block. And the Giants thought Rodgers was laughing and joking around about that.

I'm not rooting for Rodgers at all beyond the 65% of course, or Cobb either, but hell yeah, I'd be cheering and laughing about that too.

Teamcheez1
09-01-2023, 12:15 PM
Looks like the Danny Etling fan club has officially folded.
For all the whining that he should be a part of our roster, he hasn’t seen a single look since we released him.

Fritz
09-01-2023, 12:25 PM
I hope the Steelers don’t turn Carpenter into a plus ILB. I thought GB liked him better than they apparently did.

Guiness
09-03-2023, 08:48 PM
Just saw that Oren Burks is with the '49ers, looks like he was with the last year as well. He's listed as their starting SAM.

Fritz
09-04-2023, 07:52 AM
Wow. He was not an instinctive linebacker.

smuggler
09-04-2023, 11:02 AM
That would surprise me, but he is definitely capable of contributing on Special Teams.

KYPack
09-12-2023, 01:44 PM
Tyler Goodson just caught on with Indy.

Good luck, Kid. I saw you do something once, but can't remember what it is

RashanGary
09-12-2023, 03:23 PM
Tyler Goodson just caught on with Indy.

Good luck, Kid. I saw you do something once, but can't remember what it is

Haha. Pretty much.

texaspackerbacker
09-12-2023, 04:46 PM
I didn't see anything of Tonyan with the Bears Sunday. Is he hurt? Did he play? What?

MadScientist
09-12-2023, 05:05 PM
I didn't see anything of Tonyan with the Bears Sunday. Is he hurt? Did he play? What?

According to pro-football-reference, he played 4 offensive snaps with no targets, and 4 special teams snaps with one tackle. Not surprised you didn't notice him.

RashanGary
09-12-2023, 08:48 PM
I actually saw him once. Surprised since it was 4 plays.

run pMc
09-12-2023, 09:34 PM
Tonyan was on the injury list with a back injury, but both he and Big Dog got in for a few snaps. Neither did much. I think one of the Presidents (either Rudy Ford or K.Nixon) got the better of Tonyan when he tried blocking them. Cole Kmet is the clear TE1 for CHI, those guys are... IDK what. Old? Is Tonyan washed up already?

I did notice after the game while Jordan Love was being interviewed that Big Dog and Bahktiari were in the background talking and they had a photo taken together on the field. Another Packer came up and gave Lewis some love as well. I bet that dude could come back as an assistant TE coach if he wanted. Still a lot of respect for him. Well deserved.

bobblehead
09-13-2023, 09:08 AM
I wanted Big Dog back just to teach the young TE room how to be a pro.

MadScientist
09-13-2023, 09:48 AM
I wanted Big Dog back just to teach the young TE room how to be a pro.

He was the guy who was supposed to block Savage on the screen that was blown up. I hope the young guys get better teachers.

ThunderDan
09-13-2023, 12:04 PM
He was the guy who was supposed to block Savage on the screen that was blown up. I hope the young guys get better teachers.

I think it was Tonyan not Lewis.

bobblehead
09-13-2023, 12:55 PM

So a 40 year ild missed one block and thats the entire determination? You soind like tex.

MadScientist
09-13-2023, 04:54 PM
I think it was Tonyan not Lewis.

Read the comments as Big Bob instead of Big Dog. Lewis as a coach to teach the kids wouldn't be bad, but I want roster spots to go to people who can play the position.

Joemailman
09-13-2023, 06:16 PM
Tim Boyle being elevated from PS to roster as Jets backup QB.

bobblehead
09-15-2023, 01:14 PM
Read the comments as Big Bob instead of Big Dog. Lewis as a coach to teach the kids wouldn't be bad, but I want roster spots to go to people who can play the position.

Understandable. I also want guys who can play the position instead of being ONLY ST aces. Truth is you need multiple types to build a team and culture. Culture is important and seeing a 40 y.o. TE come in every year in top shape and going about being a pro has value when all your other guys are rookies. Just like adding Antonio Brown to a young WR room has an impact.

But I get your point. Mercedes is past his prime and his contribution is almost strictly culture at this point.

Fritz
09-16-2023, 05:30 PM
If you want culture on the Packers you’ll either be bringing in some yogurt or a Vermeer.

NewsBruin
09-30-2023, 06:50 PM
COSTA MESA, Calif. (AP) — Los Angeles Chargers center Corey Linsley will be placed on injured reserve with a heart issue, the team said Friday.

run pMc
10-01-2023, 12:51 PM
COSTA MESA, Calif. (AP) — Los Angeles Chargers center Corey Linsley will be placed on injured reserve with a heart issue, the team said Friday.

Oh no. I hope he's ok and can resume his career.

NewsBruin
11-07-2023, 09:03 AM
NFL Players: They're just like us.

Report: Blake Martinez to Return to NFL, Sign Panthers Contract After Pokémon Scandal (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10096323-report-blake-martinez-to-return-to-nfl-sign-panthers-contract-after-pokemon-scandal)

Joemailman
11-08-2023, 05:14 PM
Montravius Adams listed on Steelers injury report this week.

Joemailman
11-20-2023, 12:27 PM
Tim "Victory Formation" Boyle will start at QB for Jets next game.

bobblehead
11-20-2023, 09:54 PM
Tim "Victory Formation" Boyle will start at QB for Jets next game.

Well, thats going to hurt our pick.

Teamcheez1
11-20-2023, 10:17 PM
MVS drops the game winning pass for the Chiefs. He leads the NFL in dropped passes over 30 yards with 6 drops, nobody else has more than 4.

QBME
11-20-2023, 10:25 PM
MVS drops the game winning pass for the Chiefs. He leads the NFL in dropped passes over 30 yards with 6 drops, nobody else has more than 4.

Just watched it
Oops!

MadtownPacker
11-20-2023, 10:30 PM
Both the last two drops were bad but MVS was fucking brutal!!!

texaspackerbacker
11-20-2023, 10:31 PM
Damn. Still suffering from his drops. I wanted the Eagles to lose that game.

bobblehead
11-21-2023, 11:54 AM

yep. I was on his bandwagon because he had the ability to separate and get behind defenses, but he simply never improved the drops. Some guys do (James Jones) and some don't (forgot all their names because....well, they suck)

Guiness
11-21-2023, 12:16 PM
Tim Boyle being elevated from PS to roster as Jets backup QB.

FTFY:

Tim Boyle being elevated from Jets backup QB to starting QB.

Guiness
11-21-2023, 12:18 PM

That was an absolutely disgusting drop. He had a yard on the guy chasing him, he was not pressured at all.

run pMc
11-29-2023, 02:18 PM
Robert Saleh saying the 21 day window on former Packer Aaron Rodgers to open.

Wonder if Vegas has a line on whether his leg will explode or not.

RashanGary
11-29-2023, 02:31 PM
Robert Saleh saying the 21 day window on former Packer Aaron Rodgers to open.

Wonder if Vegas has a line on whether his leg will explode or not.

Haha!!! It’ll be interesting. I’m rooting for the hippy tho!

run pMc
12-04-2023, 06:13 PM
Adrian Amos waived by NYJ.

Packers picked up David Long on waivers. R3 pick for the Rams, signed with LVR and then claimed by CAR. Should know Barry's scheme. Likely telegraphs Jaire and/or Stokes' health.

Dallin Leavitt is on DEN's PS, Shemar J-C is on NO's.

MadScientist
12-04-2023, 08:23 PM
Haha!!! It’ll be interesting. I’m rooting for the hippy tho!

I'm not. I want the Jets to suck to the point he doesn't bother coming back. I want that second to be near the top of the round.

run pMc
12-05-2023, 08:18 AM
I don't think Rodgers will play, the NYJ are out of the playoffs and why risk rushing your QB onto the field?
They are begging Zach Wilson to start and he's not having it after getting the hook and being demoted to QB3 behind Boyle and Simian. NYJ are a mess.

It was floated by someone (Rapaport?) that they might let Rodgers dress and be the emergency QB3 just for the fans and team -- and for Rodgers to thumb his nose at naysayers and SCIENCE! - but without any real intention of letting him play. The dude is 39 or so, let him heal completely and be ready for 2024.

I have to think this is the end of Zach Wilson in NY, and the Jets will spend a draft pick on a QB to develop but who will likely flame out (looking at you Bo Nix). Is Wilson worth rehabbing as a backup? I feel like that OL did him no favors, but he also has some terrible habits that need to be coached out of him. (Many players do)

Fritz
12-05-2023, 09:23 AM
I don't think Rodgers will play, the NYJ are out of the playoffs and why risk rushing your QB onto the field?
They are begging Zach Wilson to start and he's not having it after getting the hook and being demoted to QB3 behind Boyle and Simian. NYJ are a mess.

It was floated by someone (Rapaport?) that they might let Rodgers dress and be the emergency QB3 just for the fans and team -- and for Rodgers to thumb his nose at naysayers and SCIENCE! - but without any real intention of letting him play. The dude is 39 or so, let him heal completely and be ready for 2024.

I have to think this is the end of Zach Wilson in NY, and the Jets will spend a draft pick on a QB to develop but who will likely flame out (looking at you Bo Nix). Is Wilson worth rehabbing as a backup? I feel like that OL did him no favors, but he also has some terrible habits that need to be coached out of him. (Many players do)

Wouldn't it be great if the Jest used their first-round pick on a QB instead of someone who could help Rodgers immediately next year?

That would be so cool.

Joemailman
12-05-2023, 09:39 AM
Wouldn't it be great if the Jest used their first-round pick on a QB instead of someone who could help Rodgers immediately next year?

That would be so cool.

Even better would be Packers then taking a WR in the 1st round.

run pMc
12-05-2023, 11:34 AM

That would be so cool.

It would be hilarious, and also quite possible. They don't exactly have a succession plan, unless they can mend fences and figure out how to develop Zach Wilson. Rodgers will be 40.

I doubt GB picks a WR early unless Marvin is suspected of criminal ick and falls to GB. (They wouldn't take hin in that case, not packer people). They have a lot of young receivers and Toure/Dubose are under contract still.
Would be super hilarious though.

RashanGary
12-05-2023, 12:53 PM

That would be so cool.

Hahahahahaha

texaspackerbacker
12-06-2023, 11:06 AM
I just read that Mason Crosby is signing with the Rams practice squad.

Sparkey
12-07-2023, 10:00 AM
I just read that Mason Crosby is signing with the Rams practice squad.

He will be moved to the active roster in a few days.

NewsBruin
12-09-2023, 02:11 PM
The Pats waived Ty Montgomery for letting a punt get blocked.

Fritz
12-10-2023, 05:27 PM
MVS has only eighteen catches for KC this year.

Tonyan had a catch or two for da Bears today.

RashanGary
12-10-2023, 06:18 PM
I guess the Jets let Zach Wilson know leading into the game that they’re gonna trade him next year.

Coaches usually like the hype their guy up, tell him they believe in him and have confidence in him. Some sort of psychology brain shrinking thing where guys play better when they have confidence feel appreciated. The Jets are trying something a little different here, and while it may not be quite as effective as the old tried and true confidence building, it is much more hilarious and true to their seasons clown identity.

KYPack
12-10-2023, 08:31 PM
Cobb scored his first TD for the Jesters today

MadtownPacker
12-10-2023, 08:58 PM
Cobb scored his first TD for the Jesters today
Did he throw it to himself?

Fritz
12-11-2023, 07:31 AM
I guess the Jets let Zach Wilson know leading into the game that they’re gonna trade him next year.

Coaches usually like the hype their guy up, tell him they believe in him and have confidence in him. Some sort of psychology brain shrinking thing where guys play better when they have confidence feel appreciated. The Jets are trying something a little different here, and while it may not be quite as effective as the old tried and true confidence building, it is much more hilarious and true to their seasons clown identity.

Not Bobby Knight. He'd be telling Wilson what a POS he is.

Apparently whatever they told Wilson worked. Thirty points? Wow.

run pMc
12-11-2023, 07:42 AM
Wilson had a decent game, IIRC he threw for over 300 yards. There are usually 2-3 upsets (however mild) and I'd say the Jets beating the Texans was one of them.
Wilson certainly has talent, the question is whether NYJ ruined him between the ears.

Was surprised to see Cobb catch that TD. I suppose for all the money you put into signing all these ex-Packers you might as well see what you can get from them. Cobb hasn't played much so he was healthy, which gives him an advantage at this time of the season.

All those contracts and salary cap Lazard, Turner, Cobb and even Amos took up sure feels like a very big overpay.
Tonyan has 7 catches for 58 yards on the year, Tonyan didn't have any catches yesterday but Cole Kmet (#85) did. Tonyan is #18.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-11-2023, 11:21 AM
Tonyan has 7 catches for 58 yards on the year, Tonyan didn't have any catches yesterday but Cole Kmet (#85) did. Tonyan is #18.

I saw ole Mercedes Lewis catch a rock in that game. Dude appears slower than a sloth nowadays. Can still block, though.

Let’s draft a J-Mike clone in the 3rd in ‘24! The TE room is too white.

RashanGary
12-11-2023, 05:50 PM
I guess letting him know they don’t like him or want him around was exactly the type of motivation he needed. He went with the fuck it mindset and just chucked it around.

Joemailman
12-22-2023, 04:58 PM
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Former Packers’ kicker Mason Crosby signed with the Giants to replace Cade York, who is now the third Giants kicker this season to go on injured reserve. York, who was scheduled to make his Giants debut Monday in Philadelphia, injured his quad in practice Thursday.

Fritz
12-24-2023, 09:17 AM
Mason will be solid from forty yards and under.

Boy, the use of the field goal, and the competence of kickers, seems to have changed. Fifteen or so years ago, kickers were pretty much expected to nail kicks 50 yards and under. Now, if it's 45 yards or more, it's seen as some huge risk and a doubtful possibility. There are still some of those big-leg/good accuracy kickers out there - the Iggles guy from U of M is awesome (a third-round kicker worth the pick), and the Cowboys have a very good kicker. But these days, as you watch games on TV, announcers hem and haw about kickers - even in decent weather - being able to make 45 yarders. They talk as if it's some huge thing.

I'm okay with Carlson this year, but I do worry - and not really about the accuracy. You can learn and grow there. But I've seen the Packers pass on 50 yard FG's, and it seems to me it may be in part because he doesn't have a big leg. Am I wrong about that?

Teamcheez1
12-25-2023, 04:49 PM
Crosby hit a 52 yard FG for the Giants, his first FG attempt of the season.

run pMc
12-25-2023, 05:50 PM
I'm okay with Carlson this year, but I do worry - and not really about the accuracy. You can learn and grow there. But I've seen the Packers pass on 50 yard FG's, and it seems to me it may be in part because he doesn't have a big leg. Am I wrong about that?

I think Carlson's leg is fine... it's just inconsistent. There have been a few games where he's looking at a 50+ yarder and MLF decides no, I suspect that's due to field and weather conditions, as well as how Anders looks in warm-ups. BIG difference between kicking a 50 yarder with the wind vs. into the wind.
He should improve his consistency with time, effort, and good coaching. Some K never manage to do it and bounce around the league...but you need to find a good kicker, more than you might think. Those XP and FG matter in close games and the playoffs.

Fritz
12-26-2023, 09:16 AM
For a rookie, he's been pretty good, though certainly not in Jake Moody territory.

His body language is not encouraging, though. He appears to be not very confident.

I'm surprised, with sites all needing content, there haven't been a few articles focusing on him this season, with an interview or something. They did a few articles before the season about him having a brother who's an NFL kicker, but nothing since then, really. I'd like to read about what kind of person he is, and maybe an analysis of what can be done to improve - does he need a kick shrink? Just experience? What does Bisaccia think?

Same with the punter. I think we got a couple of Irish Rugby Player Turns Punter articles early on, but how's he aquitting himself as the weather turns cold? How's he doing as a holder? What's he need to work on?

run pMc
12-27-2023, 01:13 PM
From what I've heard, dude is super chill and that's his vibe... like he barely has a pulse. Not a confidence thing at all, although with kickers who knows.
The mental part of it is really important for them. His brother got cut by the Vikes after he missed a few vs. GB, the Raiders picked him up and he's been All-Pro or Pro Bowl level since... so he has the bloodlines and his brother to bounce things off. Bisaccia vouches for him.

Seems to me he has a big leg but he needs more time kicking in GB's conditions, and in Lambeau. My understanding is they don't let anybody practice in Lambeau so he's getting used to it.
I think of kickers like golfers - their whole process and mechanics have to be good. They all probably have good enough legs, it's about how consistent their mechanics are and how good their mental makeup is.

run pMc
12-27-2023, 01:26 PM
I'm not sad Rodgers was traded. Dude will not shut up about wanting to go on IR, Covid and all his other weird shit. Total attention whore. Kirk Cousins blew out his Achilles and he's not spouting weird shit on McAfee.
Look at me throwing the ball on the sideline. Look at me with a headset on, shaking my head and rolling my eyes. Look at poor me, persecuted for believing in aliens and contrails. Poor me I have millions and live in Malibu but my cell reception sucks.

Shut up already. You might be a great QB, but you're also a total douche.

Sparkey
12-27-2023, 01:34 PM
I'm not sad Rodgers was traded. Dude will not shut up about wanting to go on IR, Covid and all his other weird shit. Total attention whore. Kirk Cousins blew out his Achilles and he's not spouting weird shit on McAfee.
Look at me throwing the ball on the sideline. Look at me with a headset on, shaking my head and rolling my eyes. Look at poor me, persecuted for believing in aliens and contrails. Poor me I have millions and live in Malibu but my cell reception sucks.

Douche Touche HAHA

bobblehead
12-27-2023, 01:34 PM

I feel like you are letting your politics influence your opinion on Rodgers. Favre was a bigger douche. The main reason you see all his crap and not cousins is because he was the story of the offseason. He is also a recent MVP. The look at me is media driven as much as its rodgers driven. Just like the LeBron "I'm heading to Longbeach" thing. He got massive criticism for that, when it was ESPN and the media that made it an event. Rodgers the Jet was going to try to make a heroic comeback. It was a major story. One I don't care about therefore it didn't bother me that they made it a plotline. Rodgers the GM annoyed me, but honestly, Rodgers the Jet isn't in my head because....he is a jet.

Edit: Since I watch more chefs games I'm much more annoyed by Taylor Swift to be honest.

run pMc
12-27-2023, 05:09 PM
Fair enough. And yeah, I've not caught many KC games, but the Taylor Swift coverage to me is... annoying. I usually don't care who is in the luxury boxes on a televised game.

Fritz
12-29-2023, 01:55 PM
From what I've heard, dude is super chill and that's his vibe... like he barely has a pulse. Not a confidence thing at all, although with kickers who knows.
The mental part of it is really important for them. His brother got cut by the Vikes after he missed a few vs. GB, the Raiders picked him up and he's been All-Pro or Pro Bowl level since... so he has the bloodlines and his brother to bounce things off. Bisaccia vouches for him.

Seems to me he has a big leg but he needs more time kicking in GB's conditions, and in Lambeau. My understanding is they don't let anybody practice in Lambeau so he's getting used to it.
I think of kickers like golfers - their whole process and mechanics have to be good. They all probably have good enough legs, it's about how consistent their mechanics are and how good their mental makeup is.

What do you think of the punter? What've you heard? I thought he was going to be great, but he seems mostly okay - but this is only his rookie year in a game he hasn't played at much. He does seem like a good holder, though.

bobblehead
12-29-2023, 02:35 PM
What do you think of the punter? What've you heard? I thought he was going to be great, but he seems mostly okay - but this is only his rookie year in a game he hasn't played at much. He does seem like a good holder, though.

He is a lot like the other teams punters. I don't see him enough to have a solid opinion. Ok, not quite true, but its nice to note that we are winning games without seeing opposing punters.

I think Whelan has been "solid". Not special. He will be fine, but we might look to replace him next year if he doesn't show growth. His leg is huge though, and in certain scenarios that is priceless.

Joemailman
12-29-2023, 08:51 PM

Your last sentence is the most important thing. As a punter he's not statistically very good, but I don't care much. Main thing he has to work on is fewer touchbacks.

run pMc
01-02-2024, 12:04 PM
I think you bring camp competition in at both K and P next year. Carlson and Whelan are ok, but the missed XPs and inconsistency are a concern. Whelan has been pretty good as a holder from what I can tell, and his punts in general have been neither rockets nor horrible. He might get a little better. I think both have pretty strong legs, it's a matter of working to improve at their craft. Consistency is the thing for them now.

Like I said, if I were Gute I'd bring in competition to push them though.

run pMc
01-02-2024, 12:05 PM
Mason Crosby missed a 54 yarder for NYG that would've been the game winner against the LAR.
Didn't look like it had the distance. That can happen with 39 year old kickers.

Would have been a help to GB if he'd have made it.

Joemailman
01-06-2024, 11:04 PM
Montravius Adams collided with T.J. Watt, causing an MCL sprain.
Tyler Goodson dropped a pass ending the Colts season.
Hope the former Packers on the Bears have similar success tomorrow.

run pMc
01-07-2024, 11:35 AM
Allen Lazard is a healthy scratch today. He played 14 games for the NYJ, caught 23 passes, and made 12 million dollars.
I know the Jets offense is trash because of their OL and rotation of QBs, but I think it's fair to say letting him walk was a good choice.

He's got 10M guaranteed next year also. Yikes.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-08-2024, 06:39 AM
Defying their coach’s order, the Sinners fed former Pack great, Jamal Williams, the rock out of the fucking victory formation. Williams scored his only TD this season on that pitiful play.

Fritz
01-08-2024, 06:53 AM
I wonder what kind of compensation pick the Packers will get. I think the formula used to be based on salary and performance, but that a couple of years ago they made the performance piece less applicable. But I don't know.

run pMc
01-09-2024, 01:08 PM
Ironic gold
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39266835/aaron-rodgers-jets-need-flush-bs-win-2024

Aaron Rodgers offers a candid take on what the #Jets need to do to turn it around: "Flush the bullshit" -- meaning eliminate everything that is not directly involved in winning.

Pretty sure that's what GB did this past Spring.

I'm curious what demons the NYJ exorcised, maybe Zach Wilson? Personally, I am 100% not sad Packers coverage no longer contains everything this nutcase says on McAfee.

bobblehead
01-09-2024, 03:05 PM
Allen Lazard is a healthy scratch today. He played 14 games for the NYJ, caught 23 passes, and made 12 million dollars.
I know the Jets offense is trash because of their OL and rotation of QBs, but I think it's fair to say letting him walk was a good choice.

He's got 10M guaranteed next year also. Yikes.

And he trashed Gutes for not offering him a big contract. Gutes is looking smarter each passing week.

run pMc
01-09-2024, 05:06 PM
And he trashed Gutes for not offering him a big contract. Gutes is looking smarter each passing week.

Meanwhile, in 5 games, Bo Melton has 16 catches for 216 yards, for the low low price (for the NFL) of $915K.

Fritz
01-09-2024, 05:17 PM
Ironic gold
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39266835/aaron-rodgers-jets-need-flush-bs-win-2024

Pretty sure that's what GB did this past Spring.

I'm curious what demons the NYJ exorcised, maybe Zach Wilson? Personally, I am 100% not sad Packers coverage no longer contains everything this nutcase says on McAfee.

So . . . I'm trying to work out your phrasing. You're NOT sad that the coverage does NOT contain everything that Rodgers says, is what I think you wrote. So you're happy not to be reading everything he pronounces upon, right?

I find it much more entertaining and satisfying to read what he says now that he's part of another organization.

As Bobble said, Guter is looking smarter and smarter as this plays out.

Especially in the last seven or eight weeks.

Last year's draft class, IF those players continue to grow and develop, will go down as an all-time best for the Packer organization, a once-in-a-lifetime draft.

Now my dream is that the Packers deal Bakhtiari to the Jest for a fourth-rounder or something.

Bretsky
01-09-2024, 06:24 PM

anybody who thought the Lizard was a #2/#3 WR in the NFL should watch his routes last year and compare them with Reed/Wicks/.

Lizard is a great guy; he's a nice guy...who should be making about minimum wage (WHICH IS A LOT OF CHING) in the NFL

run pMc
01-10-2024, 04:18 PM
So . . . I'm trying to work out your phrasing. You're NOT sad that the coverage does NOT contain everything that Rodgers says, is what I think you wrote. So you're happy not to be reading everything he pronounces upon, right?

I find it much more entertaining and satisfying to read what he says now that he's part of another organization.

As Bobble said, Guter is looking smarter and smarter as this plays out.

Especially in the last seven or eight weeks.

Last year's draft class, IF those players continue to grow and develop, will go down as an all-time best for the Packer organization, a once-in-a-lifetime draft.

Now my dream is that the Packers deal Bakhtiari to the Jest for a fourth-rounder or something.

Yup. Rodgers is a great thrower of the football but otherwise a douchey dipshit. I'm glad Packers don't have that distraction in the locker room or in the press. I'd rather read about how the team is playing.
Reading about it with a perspective that it's a different organization - and one in a major media area - is kind of funny, and provides cringey entertainment.

Gute took a very big gamble on Jordan Love, and if it didn't pan out we'd be talking about QBs in the draft, possibly with a new GM and HC. His '22 and '23 drafts are looking very promising as well. He likely bought himself a few more years with the team.
For a while I thought MLF might land on the hot seat, especially when this team was looking at potentially dropping SD, KC, etc. and being 3-9, but he's done pretty good work figuring out what some of these guys can do and getting them to do it. Not many coaches survive 2 losing seasons, he doesn't have that problem either. What will be a problem are expectations for next year. People are going to expect this team to win 11 games and that's no gimme. They still have some cap, roster and coaching issues to sort out... and they won't sneak up on anyone next year. Should be exciting though.

KYPack
01-14-2024, 03:27 PM
With the firing of Belichik in NE, the Pats need a new coach and a GM. They've decided (supposedly) to go with no GM and split the duties btw two front office types. One of those guys is former Packer FO type Eliot Wolf, son of Ron.

smuggler
01-14-2024, 03:37 PM
I wonder what kind of compensation pick the Packers will get. I think the formula used to be based on salary and performance, but that a couple of years ago they made the performance piece less applicable. But I don't know.

5th rounder... allegedly. We'll see.

run pMc
01-15-2024, 11:55 AM
R5 sounds about right for Lazard.
I figured his ceiling was a WR2 at best but WR3 most likely. I lost no sleep when he left GB for NYJ, but even I admit to overvaluing him on the GB roster.
Yes, Rodgers was saying he was a WR1 to start last year, but that was bonkers. Lazard isn't a separator, he's not speedy, he's big and smart and if you scheme him open or the defense sleeps on him, he gets results.

He's not worth 10-11M a year though. What he does has value, but you can find players that do what he does for much less. Malik Heath can do a lot of the same things as a UDFA, which tells me I overvalued Lazard as a Packer. He's really more like a solid WR4 who you bring in on 4 or 5 wide sets or to block or play ST.

Seeing how MLF has adapted his offense this year to work Reed in is a welcome change. They've needed players who are more dynamic with the ball in their hands for a few years.

Joemailman
02-08-2024, 09:29 AM
Former Packers playing or coaching in Super Bowl:

49ers: LB Oren Burks
LS Taybor Pepper
LB coach Johnny Holland

Chiefs: WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling
DL Mike Pennel
Head coach Andy Reid
OLB coach Ken Flajole

bobblehead
02-08-2024, 11:54 AM
Never should have let Pennel go. He is a load inside. He carved out a nice little career for himself.

Patler
03-15-2024, 10:32 PM
The New York Jets have made wide receiver Allen Lazard available in trade talks this offseason, according to The Athletic. However, a major hurdle for the Jets in getting any sort of potential deal done will be Lazard's contract.

Lazard is only entering Year 2 of an original four-year $44 million deal that he signed with the Jets last offseason.

Did the Jets consult AR about this???

Fritz
03-16-2024, 07:37 AM
Maybe when they made this decision, Joe Douglas said "Hey Aaron, you mind just, uh, letting Allen know we've decided to move on from him? It'll come off better, coming from you."

sharpe1027
03-16-2024, 01:36 PM
Nobody is giving up anything to inherit a terrible contract for Lazard.

run pMc
03-16-2024, 03:40 PM
Nobody is giving up anything to inherit a terrible contract for Lazard.

Agree. Why would they?
He's 28, had a 46.9 catch percentage and a career-low 22.2 receiving yards per game last year, and made more money than GB's WR's combined. Half of his $44M contract is guaranteed.

How much does he have left in the tank? Is he anything more than a good WR3 or WR4? Assuming Rodgers doesn't skip football to play VP candidate, he should have a modest bounceback season, but I don't think you're getting more than 40 catches from him.

I doubt NYJ can trade him. They probably convert some of his salary to bonus, cut him after the season and eat the dead cap. Yuck.

Fritz
03-16-2024, 06:49 PM
Agree. Why would they?
He's 28, had a 46.9 catch percentage and a career-low 22.2 receiving yards per game last year, and made more money than GB's WR's combined. Half of his $44M contract is guaranteed.

How much does he have left in the tank? Is he anything more than a good WR3 or WR4? Assuming Rodgers doesn't skip football to play VP candidate, he should have a modest bounceback season, but I don't think you're getting more than 40 catches from him.

I doubt NYJ can trade him. They probably convert some of his salary to bonus, cut him after the season and eat the dead cap. Yuck.

Maybe the, uh, Bears.

sharpe1027
03-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Maybe the, uh, Bears.

Even the Bears aren't that stupid, or are they?

Joemailman
03-16-2024, 08:25 PM
Maybe the, uh, Bears.

Why? They have Tyson Bagent.

Joemailman
04-03-2024, 02:17 PM
Patrick Taylor signing with 49ers.

Bretsky
04-04-2024, 06:01 PM
anybody who thought the Lizard was a #2/#3 WR in the NFL should watch his routes last year and compare them with Reed/Wicks/.

Lizard is a great guy; he's a nice guy...who should be making about minimum wage (WHICH IS A LOT OF CHING) in the NFL

At this point I think the JETS agree with this

bobblehead
04-05-2024, 11:05 AM
I am glad Lizard got paid what HE thought he was worth. I am glad he proved he is clueless about his worth and gutes was spot on.

MadtownPacker
04-05-2024, 03:18 PM
Patrick Taylor signing with 49ers.
They are going to need him. In my opinion the 49ers are trending towards a Super Bowl hangover. McCaffrey has taken a pounding the last two seasons with them so he’s probably due for a little downtime.

MadtownPacker
04-05-2024, 03:19 PM
I am glad Lizard got paid what HE thought he was worth. I am glad he proved he is clueless about his worth and gutes was spot on.
Was it really that hard to see? We all knew and he only got to stay cuz of 12.

bobblehead
04-06-2024, 01:08 PM
Was it really that hard to see? We all knew and he only got to stay cuz of 12.

Just goes to my post in the other thread. Players feel butt hurt all the time. Its part of the business. If every player retires a packer and is happy with every move they made regarding said player then we would probably average 6 wins a season.

George Cumby
04-08-2024, 11:40 AM
They are going to need him. In my opinion the 49ers are trending towards a Super Bowl hangover. McCaffrey has taken a pounding the last two seasons with them so he’s probably due for a little downtime.

This.

Eagles will bounce back this season, but the door is open for the Pack to walk through it.

Joemailman
04-08-2024, 03:37 PM
The Falcons have signed Kevin King. He last played in 2021.

Fritz
04-08-2024, 03:55 PM

Signed him to do what? Be a scout?

KYPack
04-08-2024, 11:01 PM
Man I hate King. The guy is a dwarf, tackle him if he gets by you Kevin, ya dolt!

DC's love a tall corner that can run. they are usually fool's gold.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-09-2024, 01:09 AM
Man I hate King. The guy is a dwarf, tackle him if he gets by you Kevin, ya dolt!

DC's love a tall corner that can run. they are usually fool's gold.

As the official Packerrats Packers historian, I must remind y’all that the Polar Bear coulda drafted Wisconsin’s own, TJ “White As the Snow of Greenland” Watt.

Instead, Polar Bear opted to trade out of the 1st round. Then he leaked rumors about the Packers using the 1st pick of the 2nd round on QB Deshone Kizer in hope of getting a trade offer for the pick. No fish bite, so the Polar Bear went with the injury prone King.

Fritz
04-09-2024, 11:07 AM

I read the article in ACME on King's signing. Apparently he intended to sit out the 2022 just to recover from all his injuries, then come back in 2023. But then . . . "In 2023, his planned return to the game, King tore his Achilles during a workout, leading to him missing the entire season for a second straight year."

I don't want to laugh at someone's misery, but that is kinda funny. The injury-prone guy takes a year off to recover from all his injuries, and then, during a workout on his way to a comeback, he . . . . gets injured.

Will he even get through two practices?

Patler
04-09-2024, 12:22 PM
As the official Packerrats Packers historian, I must remind y’all that the Polar Bear coulda drafted Wisconsin’s own, TJ “White As the Snow of Greenland” Watt.

Instead, Polar Bear opted to trade out of the 1st round. Then he leaked rumors about the Packers using the 1st pick of the 2nd round on QB Deshone Kizer in hope of getting a trade offer for the pick. No fish bite, so the Polar Bear went with the injury prone King.

For a historian, your memory is crap. Watt was much more of a medical risk coming out of college than King was. King played all four years. missing only a few games to injury over the four years. Watt injured both knees during his college career losing one entire season because of the first and being limited another whole season because of the second. Watt really had only one season to be judged on. At the time of the draft, many had concerns about his medical history.

It's really easy to criticize retrospectively, when you have years and years of their pro careers to color your arguments. As the official Packerrats historian you should be more respectful of the historical truth and more accurate in how you relay it....or relinquish your position.

KYPack
04-09-2024, 12:54 PM
Tank is the Self Proclaimed PR historian. The official PR historian and all round fact checker is, was, and always will be Patler.

Tank's official title is village idiot and bullshit artist.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-09-2024, 01:35 PM
For a historian, your memory is crap. Watt was much more of a medical risk coming out of college than King was. King played all four years. missing only a few games to injury over the four years. Watt injured both knees during his college career losing one entire season because of the first and being limited another whole season because of the second. Watt really had only one season to be judged on. At the time of the draft, many had concerns about his medical history.

It's really easy to criticize retrospectively, when you have years and years of their pro careers to color your arguments. As the official Packerrats historian you should be more respectful of the historical truth and more accurate in how you relay it....or relinquish your position.

Packers historian - not Badgers historian. I ain’t watch college futbol since 2008. Though, I must note, why John Stocco never played in the NFL but Brooks Fucking Bollinger did is beyond fucked. Stocco was awesome in red.

Anything prehistoric, from the Packers origin to 1991, I am more than happy to yield to you. The “Realms,” however, is my thing. First Realm started when Wolf traded a 1st to Atlanta for some hillbilly backup QB from Mississippi…

Anti-Polar Bear
04-09-2024, 01:41 PM
I read the article in ACME on King's signing. Apparently he intended to sit out the 2022 just to recover from all his injuries, then come back in 2023. But then . . . "In 2023, his planned return to the game, King tore his Achilles during a workout, leading to him missing the entire season for a second straight year."

I don't want to laugh at someone's misery, but that is kinda funny. The injury-prone guy takes a year off to recover from all his injuries, and then, during a workout on his way to a comeback, he . . . . gets injured.

Will he even get through two practices?

Good question.

KYPack
04-09-2024, 10:58 PM

This is from the timeframe of the "realm" You made up the part about TT dangling the pick for potential trade. You lie to further your anti TT narrative. You are the village idiot, not the PR historian.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-10-2024, 01:31 AM
. The “Realms,” however, is my thing….

Supposed the be “the Realms ARE my thing,” right Fritz?

While we’re chatting grammar, why do southerners say you “was” instead of you “were”?

Anti-Polar Bear
04-10-2024, 01:37 AM
This is from the timeframe of the "realm" You made up the part about TT dangling the pick for potential trade. You lie to further your anti TT narrative. You are the village idiot, not the PR historian.

It’s the off-season, so Harrell the poster is busy falling in love, but if you ask him to take the time to check his Twitter archive, he’ll tell you that Twitter was buzzing at that time about the Packers taking Kizer. It’s only logical for the Packers to leak the rumor, with the aim of starting a bidding war for the 1st pick of the 2nd round.

Patler
04-10-2024, 05:58 AM
...Twitter was buzzing at that time about the Packers taking Kizer. It’s only logical for the Packers to leak the rumor, with the aim of starting a bidding war for the 1st pick of the 2nd round.

No, it is not logical to make that assumption. It is more likely that the buzz simply grew from some fan or would be draft guru coming up with a goofy prediction.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-10-2024, 07:45 AM
No, it is not logical to make that assumption. It is more likely that the buzz simply grew from some fan or would be draft guru coming up with a goofy prediction.

Ian Rapaport ain’t some fan or would-be draft guru. Dude has deep sources within the NFL. Odds were, the Packers “leaked” their interest in Kizer to Rapaport. Even said they received trade offers from multiple teams.

Given how much Thomson loved draft picks, it was obvious as fuck that his bluff got called. Thompson couldn’t find a trade partner and settled for King.

bobblehead
04-10-2024, 11:22 AM

I think the moral of this story is, draft Payton Wilson because injuries in college aren't necessarily indicative of injuries in the pros.

bobblehead
04-10-2024, 11:25 AM
Supposed the be “the Realms ARE my thing,” right Fritz?

While we’re chatting grammar, why do southerners say you “was” instead of you “were”?

If the realms are a single category than the realms is my thing would be correct. Sort of like the NFL is my thing even though there are 31 teams and the bears.

Teamcheez1
05-06-2024, 09:00 PM
I saw Danny Etling is the starting QB for the UFL Michigan Panthers.
He will be 30 this summer. He must really love football.

texaspackerbacker
05-06-2024, 09:19 PM
Who among us wouldn't do that, given the chance. Besides, even though it's minor league, I'm pretty sure those guys make a helluva lot more than your average doctor or lawyer or whatever.

Fritz
05-07-2024, 08:21 AM
I saw Danny Etling is the starting QB for the UFL Michigan Panthers.
He will be 30 this summer. He must really love football.

Who among us wouldn't want to get paid to play a boy's game? I think sometimes about the career minor league baseball players. They don't make very much money at all, most of them, but it would be hard to say no to getting paid to play a game you loved as a kid. At least until you start your family, if you decide to do that.

As for the grammar part, all I will say is that I used to watch Hockey Night in Canada sometimes, and I always got a kick out of the Canadian announcers saying "The team are on the ice!"

It were amusing.

SudsMcBucky
05-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Who among us wouldn't do that, given the chance. Besides, even though it's minor league, I'm pretty sure those guys make a helluva lot more than your average doctor or lawyer or whatever.

I would hope the average doctor would make more than $5k per week.

Teamcheez1
05-07-2024, 10:07 AM
According to the league, each player gets a salary of $50,000 plus a weekly housing stipend of $400, which starts at the end of training camp and lasts for a minimum of 10 weeks.

Joemailman
05-14-2024, 08:57 AM
MVS has signed with the Buffalo Bills.

Fritz
05-14-2024, 05:58 PM
Mike McCoy just signed with the Vikings.

Eddie Lee Ivery has a tryout with the Bears.

Joemailman
05-16-2024, 12:37 PM
Robert Tonyan has signed with the Vikings. Next year with the Lions and he'll have completed the cycle.

run pMc
05-16-2024, 12:41 PM
Robert Tonyan has signed with the Vikings. Next year with the Lions and he'll have completed the cycle.

LOL it could happen. He didn't exactly light it up last year in CHI, did he?
I'd rather have Ben Sims. At least there might be some upside there.

Joemailman
05-16-2024, 12:55 PM
LOL it could happen. He didn't exactly light it up last year in CHI, did he?
I'd rather have Ben Sims. At least there might be some upside there.

Actually I forgot Tonyan was actually signed by the Lions as an UDFA in 2017 but never played a regular season game for them.