PDA

View Full Version : LIVE Fr. Florida: Ted Thompson's Video Conference Season Wrap-Up News Conference.

woodbuck27
01-18-2014, 02:28 AM
http://jerseyal.com/GBP/2014/01/17/exclusive-a-season-wrap-up-news-conference-from-packers-gm-ted-thompson/

EXCLUSIVE: A Season Wrap-up News Conference from Packers GM Ted Thompson

January 17, 2014 at 3:00 PM ... Written by Adam Czech

GO TED GO !

red
01-18-2014, 08:46 AM
eh, pretty lame

smuggler
01-18-2014, 09:16 AM
I did get one pretty good chuckle out of it. And a new sig.

woodbuck27
01-18-2014, 10:40 AM
eh, pretty lame

TED THOMPSON ! ... HEY TED THOMPSON !! ... Eh ! TED THOMPSON ! Eh !!

I was cruising the NFL net late last night and discovered that and figured after the Kevin Greene news we might deseve a laugh.

The reality is that TT really doesn't say much. He certainly doesn't use a lot of attitude in so doing. His sense of humor is severely lacking. He was born absent a "funny bone'.

How in HELL anyone can do his job without laughing nearly every day is beyond common sense and any reason as I view it all.

A TT press conference garners less information from Ted Thomson; then such might, with CIA Director John Brennan.

CIA DIRECTOR Mr.John Brennan would most likely be more forthcoming. A lot more entertaining.

After that >>>

If your reading this awesome Packer forum >>> PLEASE Ted >>> get something REAL done.

GO TED GO !

Patler
01-18-2014, 12:23 PM
eh, pretty lame

Ya, I didn't make it very far before I quit reading.

woodbuck27
01-18-2014, 01:59 PM
Ya, I didn't make it very far before I quit reading.

Hi Patler:

From my view it depends on one's insight. One's point of view based on that insight and 'of course'. That demands an honest and accurate appraisal or something regarding an order of REAL and FAIR.

I try to be understanding of anything and Ted Thompson / Mike McCarthy.

I admit they both challenge me. :? This forum realizes that TRUTH.

ALL we have as fans is some degree or other of analytical skill. I observe TT and MM as I'm able. I apply what to me is a guide to measure or critique either of them. I'm aware that good leadership is not described in past achievements going forward.

I am Canadian ALL Canadian. Very HAPPY TO BE SO.

In Canada we aren't cow towed over impressed with our leaders. Well at least not in the part of Canada where I was raised. I won't speak for any other Canadian that's a member of Packerrats.

In Canada generally it's been my observation that criticism, in terms of any level or degree of SATIRE is instructed in a carte blanche policy.

Satire is common and should be expected.

Now sarcasm is quite another thing. It's my observation looking at various comment sections after sports articles /stories... that sarcasm in America is somewhat over used or prominent.

In the Maritimes we soon learn that sarcasm is considered tacky in terms of over use... and well, a demonstration of juvenile or reproachful behaviour. We're a fairly tough and fun smart crowd up here.

We're also grateful to be described overall as fair / nice.

We've a criticism of ourselves . We feel badly that we're 'maybe' too or over polite. I'm not going to be one of those types. I shoot from the hip. I call a spade a spade.

Maritime - Canadians.

We examine " LEADERSHIP" somewhat carefully and NOT naivety. We expect excellence in our leaders on all levels. If a leader screws up.. he/she is out! We do respect and honor repeats in terms of success. Longevity in leadership is focused on positive results. Only good men rise to remain.

It's like ...that's nice what you did for me yesterday but what are you doing for me today. Personally I've always been a results oriented kinda fella.

I "only ask of a leader" what I would expect/demand of myself. :-D

When a leader offers us a difficult ungiving side. He can expect satire directed at him from many directions.

Look at Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Patler. Does he give a damn? He's hardly capable of such. His stupid meter is hitting ramp level ...too HOT!!!

Soon this embarrassment to Canadians and Torontonians specifically will be handled with his bug eyed ass parked too long on a park bench.

PACKERS !

Striker
01-18-2014, 02:31 PM
Eh...nothing overly clever there.

Patler
01-18-2014, 03:38 PM
Hi Patler:

From my view it depends on one's insight.

....(redacted for brevity)

PACKERS !

Hi Woodbuck;

I am responding to your post, but not specifically to any particular comments directly.

Having spent a lot of time in your fine country, and having both close and extended family members who are citizens of Canada as well as resident aliens, I'm not sure there is a big distinction between the Canadians in Quebec and Ontario (where I have spent the most of my time) and many Americans, more specifically mid-westeners and most particularly those of Michigan's Upper peninsula, northern WI and MN north of the Twin Cities.

As for the article, while I thoroughly enjoy clever sarcasm and satire I didn't see much that was clever in the article. Good sarcasm/satire hinges on connections between reality and the absurd. What I saw in the article were "answers" not related to the "questions" in either reality or the absurd. Therefore, it fails as good humor (satire). It contained nothing that I saw to be insightful or enlightening, therefore it failed as clever criticism (sarcasm).

Just my impressions of the article. I'm sure others might see it differently.

As for the mayor of Toronto. there is so much sarcasm out there on him right now, but the realities of what he does and says are so absurd, that I am having a hard time distinguishing between articles reporting what really has happened, and those intended as humor. What a piece of work he is!!!

woodbuck27
01-18-2014, 06:04 PM
I just can't re-call how many journalists are portrayed that spoof but as I read every question tp TT I felt the questions did deliver in terms of appropriate probing. I'm not sure I could design more probing questions.

The author went overboard RE: the question from Bob McGinn.

Now on the other side of it. The authors portrayal of TT was IMO off base or inaccurate.

I believe I might with a little rehearsal even in a LIVE stand up act deliver a more REAL Ted Thompson. Ted is awesome in terms of the stare delay. Ted still after what? nine years in Green Bay looks uncomfortable at the podium in the extreme. He always appears to be "a man hanging" in his style of answering a question. he can't get his air. It's like look out here comes a panic attack. he's going to quickly excuse himself and run away. He's choking,clearing his throat and his eyes bug out and his face red. he's really suffering. It appears as if Ted Thompson might panic in the company of a group of six people.

As for the Geographical disparity and people in Canada.

I've found rural people generally nice wherever I've lived and visited. I've lived in New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario and in Vermont, USA. My personal preference is easy ...the country is my bag.

Big city people are certainly friendly challenged.. Now there's one exception to that rule in my experience. People in Montreal, Quebec are awesome in terms of you ever needing assistance as a tourist....needing help.

I'm fortunate to hail from what's commonly recognized as a very down to earth friendly part of Canada. The Maritime Provinces. New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island (PEI). The Maritimes.

I hail from Canada's First City or Saint John, New Brunswick. Described as St. John's NFLD West and "the friendliest City in the East". Nicknamed..the "Surf City or Loyalst City", Saint John is a comfortable city to visit. I had the advantage of the best of both a city and rural/country life growing to adulthood. I like most people prefer but country people are certainly a treat. Too many city people will pass you by. Country people look to help anyone. In every city you have people that you must avoid unless your half ways street smart. You never have any such concern in the country. Any call of alarm is quickly answered with 10 cars in your driveway; looking out for your best interests. Country networking where I come from isn't a science. :-D

mraynrand
01-19-2014, 01:26 PM
As for the mayor of Toronto. there is so much sarcasm out there on him right now, but the realities of what he does and says are so absurd, that I am having a hard time distinguishing between articles reporting what really has happened, and those intended as humor. What a piece of work he is!!!

My only regret about the Mayor of Toronto is that Chris Farley is no longer alive to do a send up of the guy. He would have been AWESOME!

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/3b298a9c1c72d7f0506a8f802a2171c9e4bd4cd6/c%3D145-0-2360-1665%26r%3Dx404%26c%3D534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/test/2013/11/19//1384870943000-AP-Canada-Toronto-Mayor-006.jpg

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/WUOyoGJCuw8/0.jpg

pbmax
01-19-2014, 04:36 PM
"If I wasn't Mayor, I would be living in a VAN down by the RIVER!"

Rodgers12
01-19-2014, 10:52 PM
His sense of humor is severely lacking. He was born absent a "funny bone'.

Are you talking about KYPack?

Rodgers12
01-19-2014, 11:05 PM
Satire is common and should be expected.

Agreed.

KYPack
01-21-2014, 09:59 AM

See Fritz?

I told you it was him.

Don't worry, he's already starting to fuck it up.

MadtownPacker
01-21-2014, 10:05 AM
We actually have something planned for Tank. I would suggest he begin building his case.

woodbuck27
01-21-2014, 10:17 AM

No....I'm referring to TT.

In my view...KY has a down to earth sense of humor based in his life's experience; an enjoyable and informative member here.

I learn a lot Fr. KY on the technical side of football.

KY's a solid analyst and a respected competitor of mine in the Pro Pickem over the past eight (8) seasons.

KYPack
01-21-2014, 10:21 AM
No....I'm referring to TT.

In my view...KY has a down to earth sense of humor based in his life's experience; an enjoyable and informative member here.

I learn a lot Fr. KY on the technical side of football.

KY's a solid analyst and a respected competitor of mine in the Pro Pickem over the past eight (8) seasons.

You beat my ass to a pulp this year.

Comin' back at ya next season.

woodbuck27
01-21-2014, 10:21 AM
"If I wasn't Mayor, I would be living in a VAN down by the RIVER!"

pbmax...I'm trying to recall it but:

Is that taken from a once popular song?

I'm getting a once very popular Neil Young song "Down By The River" playing in my head when I read your (post above), but it's something else...!? Maybe.... I'm out in left field here!?

woodbuck27
01-21-2014, 10:23 AM
See Fritz?

I told you it was him.

Don't worry, he's already starting to fuck it up.

Ohh No ! :bang:

woodbuck27
01-21-2014, 10:24 AM
We actually have something planned for Tank. I would suggest he begin building his case.

Do we have "a conspiracy" in the making!?

I hope not. Tank is dead.

Rodgers12 is posting positively.

pbmax
01-21-2014, 10:52 AM
pbmax...I'm trying to recall it but:

Is that taken from a once popular song?

I'm getting a once very popular Neil Young song "Down By The River" playing in my head when I read your (post above), but it's something else...!? Maybe.... I'm out in left field here!?

Saturday Night Live skit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nhgfjrKi0o

MadtownPacker
01-21-2014, 11:06 AM
Wrong Woody, Tank lives on in KY's heart.

mraynrand
01-21-2014, 11:09 AM
Maybe.... I'm out in left field here!?

QFT minus the 'maybe'

woodbuck27
01-21-2014, 02:26 PM
Saturday Night Live skit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nhgfjrKi0o

OK..I've not seen that skit before.

woodbuck27
01-21-2014, 02:28 PM
Wrong Woody, Tank lives on in KY's heart.

Rodgers12 is trying or posting with a solid attitude here.