PDA

View Full Version : Invincible?

MJZiggy
08-27-2006, 08:50 PM
The premise of this movie got me thinking. Are you invincible? If the Pack held open tryouts would you go? Does anyone here think they might be able to perform well enough to have a shot?

By the way, has anyone seen this movie? Should I bother? Would I be able to make it through 2 hrs of watching Iggles?

woodbuck27
08-28-2006, 11:05 AM
The premise of this movie got me thinking. Are you invincible? If the Pack held open tryouts would you go? Does anyone here think they might be able to perform well enough to have a shot?

By the way, has anyone seen this movie? Should I bother? Would I be able to make it through 2 hrs of watching Iggles?

"Are you invincible?" MJZiggy

NOPE !

"If the Pack held open tryouts would you go?" MJZiggy

YUP ! To watch... if I could. :mrgreen:

"Does anyone here think they might be able to perform well enough to have a shot?" MJZiggy

I was a fine athlete once... but NO MJ. The players that come into TC are very Special, and there will be alot cut soon... that gave it their best. Some team's may benefit from those player's services... as soon as 2006, and some will return to us - later in this season. We see that often.

The hidden Taxi Squad. :cool:

I never heard of the movie till now MJ... and thanks. :mrgreen:

PACKERS GO ! GO !! GO !!!

To those Men in TC ... " on the Bubble". Best of LUCK... tonight !

PACKERS at Bengals.

jack's smirking revenge
08-28-2006, 11:06 AM
I want to see it, regardless of whether or not its Eagles-focused. Wahlberg and Kinnear are great actors and Disney does a sports story very well.

Plus, hell, its football season. What better way to get prepped?

tyler

Scott Campbell
08-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Just call me Rudy.

Partial
08-28-2006, 11:22 AM
I want to see it, regardless of whether or not its Eagles-focused. Wahlberg and Kinnear are great actors and Disney does a sports story very well.

Plus, hell, its football season. What better way to get prepped?

tyler

Amen, Miracle is my favorite movie. The Mighty Ducks were classics up until the 3rd installment when they just went too far.

Tony Oday
08-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Will that Rudy guy EVER stop talking about that one play! :)

MadtownPacker
08-28-2006, 11:36 AM
Wahlberg is a good fit for this movie. Should be a good one other then the lowlife beagles being involved. Was this for the Vermeil coached eagles?

ahaha
08-28-2006, 11:42 AM

No I wouldn't try out, because I don't want to die this young. But, what if MJS held a try out for Packer Plus beat writers. Hell yeah! I want to be the "Rudy" of sports journalism.

Zool
08-28-2006, 11:47 AM
Hell yeah I would try out. Broken bones heal, but that memory would be with me for the rest of my life. I'm 6'1" about 215, I can take a hit.

BallHawk
08-28-2006, 04:23 PM
but that memory would be with me for the rest of my life.

The smell of the grass, the clacks of your cleats, the cheering of the fans, and the crunch of your bones as AJ Hawk comes across the middle and destroys you, and the taste of the tapioca pudding you'll be eating at the hospital for the next 5 days. Sweeeeeeeeet. :mrgreen:

OS PA
08-28-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm 6'2" 285 and have legs like a god. Sure i'd try out! I'm damn quick and agile for what i'm carrying around my belly too! Would I make it? Hell no.

woodbuck27
08-28-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm 6'2" 285 and have legs like a god. Sure i'd try out! I'm damn quick and agile for what i'm carrying around my belly too! Would I make it? Hell no.

Don't give in so easily, OS PA.

Re-call the heavy dowwnnnn on Tony Moll "stuff"... early in TC?

Where is he at the start of the game tonight?

Heart and attitude (a quick learner) and a solid personality... go a long ways... often. :mrgreen:

GBRulz
08-28-2006, 05:13 PM
Mark Wahlberg. Tight pants. yes, you SHOULD see this movie :mrgreen:

OS PA
08-28-2006, 05:17 PM

Don't give in so easily, OS PA.

Re-call the heavy dowwnnnn on Tony Moll "stuff"... early in TC?

Where is he at the start of the game tonight?

Heart and attitude (a quick learner) and a solid personality... go a long ways... often. :mrgreen:

It would also help if my last year of football wasn't in 7th grade =). I'd probably not be at a D3 College right now if I had continued.

green_bowl_packer
08-28-2006, 05:33 PM
I saw it over the weekend with my girlfriend and I thought it was great. I still have to research if the last scene of the movie actually happened or was a "Hollywood Endng" , cause if it was real, it was too good to be true. I had my doubts about the ending, then they showed actual NFL Films scenes of Vince Papale kicking ass and a play unfolded similar to what I just saw, so a big thumbs up for Invincible. Awesome soundtrack to the movie loaded with rock from the 70's so it's basically like a Coors Lite commercial, also great movie to get you jacked up for the season.

Scott Campbell
08-28-2006, 05:47 PM

Sounds like somebody has a crush on Dirk Diggler.

:lol:

Lurker64
08-28-2006, 09:09 PM
If the Packers held open tryouts, wouldn't about 70,000 people show up? It's a quick way to move your name up on the season ticket list if you make it, if nothing else.

MJZiggy
08-28-2006, 10:40 PM

You do make a compelling argument there. If it were a few (lots of) years ago, I'd have made them let me try out for punter. It would have been a big story, you all would have been rooting for me and my hangtime was pretty good, but I likely wouldn't have made it 'cause of distance. But I'd have made a great teeny tiny footnote.

retailguy
08-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Just call me Rudy.

Rudy

MJZiggy
08-29-2006, 01:53 PM
I saw it over the weekend with my girlfriend and I thought it was great. I still have to research if the last scene of the movie actually happened or was a "Hollywood Endng" , cause if it was real, it was too good to be true. I had my doubts about the ending, then they showed actual NFL Films scenes of Vince Papale kicking ass and a play unfolded similar to what I just saw, so a big thumbs up for Invincible. Awesome soundtrack to the movie loaded with rock from the 70's so it's basically like a Coors Lite commercial, also great movie to get you jacked up for the season.

I'm with you on this one. Just got back from seeing it. Great football flick even though they featured the wrong team. It just leaves me wondering why men don't wear jeans like that anymore. The ones today leave a lot less to be desired quite frankly.

Tarlam!
08-29-2006, 02:36 PM
Na, I would fail the substance abuse program.

Other than that, I'd be the best Punter ever to play the game. I am, after all, an Aussie.

Tony Oday
08-29-2006, 03:25 PM
WEll since im 5'10" 175 and sp out of shape I get winded smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer...nope maybe a scout or GM ;) but not an athlete those days waved bye bye to me long ago when I quit rugby for real life :(

GoPack06
08-29-2006, 03:34 PM
I think i would try out and than im pretty sure i would die.

jack's smirking revenge
08-29-2006, 03:46 PM
WEll since im 5'10" 175 and sp out of shape I get winded smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer...nope maybe a scout or GM ;) but not an athlete those days waved bye bye to me long ago when I quit rugby for real life :(

You sound like my twin, only my smokes have THC. I wouldn't even make a good tackling dummy. But, I would make a good cheerleader scout!

tyler

Tony Oday
08-29-2006, 05:20 PM

You sound like my twin, only my smokes have THC. I wouldn't even make a good tackling dummy. But, I would make a good cheerleader scout!

tyler

good tackling dummy?!?!!? I would make a terrible one of these I would brake BEFORE AJ hit me ;)