View Full Version : Official Championship Games Thread 2014

Pages : 1 [2]

pbmax
01-19-2014, 09:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeZHnqxCMAECsJt.png

denverYooper
01-19-2014, 09:54 PM
Chris Rock ‏@chrisrock 52m

It's great to see Paul Allen finally have some good luck.

pbmax
01-19-2014, 09:57 PM
A scared, poorly prepared man pretending to be a wise and sagacious man:

Steve Czaban ‏@czabe 1h
All mathematics, advanced stats, 4th Down Bots aside - I DON'T F'ING GO FOR 4TH AND 1 VS. TEAM THAT STUFFED 2 OF THEM LAST WEEK!

Of course, Pete Carroll probably changed his mind about that call 4 times so who know whether he really wanted to go for it or simply ran out of time.

denverYooper
01-19-2014, 09:58 PM
Cord Jefferson ‏@cordjefferson 8m

Why can't I watch these men concuss one another and break each other's legs without risking offense to my arbitrary sense of decorum?

pbmax
01-19-2014, 09:58 PM
Chris Rock ‏@chrisrock 52m

It's great to see Paul Allen finally have some good luck.

+1 Chris

pbmax
01-19-2014, 10:00 PM
A scared, poorly prepared man pretending to be a wise and sagacious man:

Steve Czaban ‏@czabe 1h
All mathematics, advanced stats, 4th Down Bots aside - I DON'T F'ING GO FOR 4TH AND 1 VS. TEAM THAT STUFFED 2 OF THEM LAST WEEK!

Of course, Pete Carroll probably changed his mind about that call 4 times so who know whether he really wanted to go for it or simply ran out of time.

Brian Burke ‏@Adv_NFL_Stats 1h
Being up 6 at this point doesn't buy the SEA very much. Making the FG only improved their WP by .02. Forces SF to play for the win, not OT.

pbmax
01-19-2014, 10:00 PM
I would complain but Browns fans I used to socialize with would have thrown dog biscuits.

Alessandro Miglio ‏@AlexMiglio 1h
Poor form. RT @greggrosenthal: Seahawks fans threw food at Bowman on his way out.

mraynrand
01-19-2014, 10:01 PM

Could be a argument for an entirely contingent universe

pbmax
01-19-2014, 10:01 PM
Also forgot to post this question:

How did Wilson and Lynch forget where a handoff goes in the 3rd and 4th quarter?

mraynrand
01-19-2014, 10:02 PM
I would complain but Browns fans I used to socialize with would have thrown dog biscuits.

Alessandro Miglio ‏@AlexMiglio 1h
Poor form. RT @greggrosenthal: Seahawks fans threw food at Bowman on his way out.

But they were skittles which, according to Robert Brooks, are mighty tasty following a total knee blow out.

pbmax
01-19-2014, 10:04 PM
Pro Tip:

DARNELL DOCKETT ‏@ddockett 1h
When you jump off sides you might as well hit the o-linemen so the ref can stop the play. If not the QB take a shot down field for free play

pbmax
01-19-2014, 10:06 PM
Could be a argument for an entirely contingent universe

There were eight born on that drive after his go for it, FG, timeout, FG, go for it wave pattern.

digitaldean
01-19-2014, 10:09 PM
Also forgot to post this question:

How did Wilson and Lynch forget where a handoff goes in the 3rd and 4th quarter?

Ball handling overall for both sides today was pretty sloppy. Wilson and Kap both got stripped. Kearse's fumble on 3rd down near goal line and then the botched handoff between Wilson and Lynch.

Kap's 1 pick was a Tolzien-type throw. The last one was just a good defensive play.

digitaldean
01-19-2014, 10:09 PM
Pro Tip:

DARNELL DOCKETT ‏@ddockett 1h
When you jump off sides you might as well hit the o-linemen so the ref can stop the play. If not the QB take a shot down field for free play

Have to agree. Looked like the D-line kind of pulled up as well.

Rodgers12
01-19-2014, 10:10 PM
You really have to hand it to Sherman, don't you?

Sherman is great.

Sherman marched into the lost city of a Atlanta and burned it to the ground. Said Sherman, "War is hell, and hell is the prohibition of interracial relationships."

Sherman never missed the playoffs as GM.

Sherman is a shutdown corner.

pbmax
01-19-2014, 10:11 PM
Ball handling overall for both sides today was pretty sloppy. Wilson and Kap both got stripped. Kearse's fumble on 3rd down near goal line and then the botched handoff between Wilson and Lynch.

Kap's 1 pick was a Tolzien-type throw. The last one was just a good defensive play.

Its clear the 49ers love that route versus a zone or off coverage, but holy cow what a risk with a slightly scatter armed QB. Reminds me of ALL the outs Kubiak had Schaub throwing that eventually defenses decided could be picked off easily enough.

Same as Matt Ryan.

That is one argument in favor of cannon armed QBs.

mraynrand
01-19-2014, 10:11 PM
Have to agree. Looked like the D-line kind of pulled up as well.

check the replay. I think contact was made and the play should have been stopped. Perhaps the refs were still pondering the 'roughing the kicker' rule...

pbmax
01-19-2014, 10:12 PM
Sherman is great.

Sherman marched into the lost city of a Atlanta and burned it to the ground. Said Sherman, "War is hell, and hell is the prohibition of interracial relationships."

Shouldn't he be credited with finding the lost city first?

pbmax
01-19-2014, 10:13 PM
check the replay. I think contact was made and the play should have been stopped. Perhaps the refs were still pondering the 'roughing the kicker' rule...

Was the rare time Mike Pererria added something definitive to the broadcast. Then he had a second one with his call that the catch/fumble near the goal line was not reviewable.

He should retire on that double like Elway.

mraynrand
01-19-2014, 10:13 PM
Its clear the 49ers love that route versus a zone or off coverage, but holy cow what a risk with a slightly scatter armed QB. Reminds me of ALL the outs Kubiak had Schaub throwing that eventually defenses decided could be picked off easily enough.

Same as Matt Ryan.

That is one argument in favor of cannon armed QBs.

One thing I was thinking during the game is that I really like our guy at QB. On the final throw, Kap had #11 open in the left flat with blocking. Tunnel vision hurt him a number of times...

mraynrand
01-19-2014, 10:14 PM
Was the rare time Mike Pererria added something definitive to the broadcast. Then he had a second one with his call that the catch/fumble near the goal line was not reviewable.

He should retire on that double like Elway.

I'd agree, but first I want to see him get hit and propeller to the ground.

Rodgers12
01-19-2014, 10:14 PM

Maybe. :)

mraynrand
01-19-2014, 10:15 PM

wasn't that Fawcett? He got sacked too.

digitaldean
01-19-2014, 10:17 PM
Refs overall had a rough game in Seattle. They were very lucky the non-fumble fumble that Bowman recovered didn't factor into the final outcome. The roughing the kicker call should have been called.

That being said, happier than heck that Har-blow isn't there. More happy for former Badger Russell Wilson. The rest of that team...Golden Tate, Sherman and Pete Carroll can all take a leap into Puget Sound for all I care.

Now let's hope the NFL has a polar-vortex type of Super Bowl and 12 inches of snow! Maybe it'll teach the NFL NOT to have a Super Bowl in an outdoor northern stadium.

pbmax
01-19-2014, 10:18 PM
gregg rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal 2h
49ers safeties making some big mistakes … like last year's playoffs.

Fire Perry! Wait, who?

pbmax
01-19-2014, 10:22 PM
Packers D did not do this:

gregg rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal 9m
49ers' final 4 drives: 3-and-out, lost fumble, INT, INT.

But it did close to that in the first half trying to keep its O in the game.

pbmax
01-19-2014, 10:26 PM
This will make Harbaugh feel better:

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 37m
Competition Committee will consider making unreviewable NaVorro Bowman fumble recovery a reviewable play http://wp.me/p14QSB-9oqp

denverYooper
01-19-2014, 10:34 PM
This will make Harbaugh feel better:

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 37m
Competition Committee will consider making unreviewable NaVorro Bowman fumble recovery a reviewable play http://wp.me/p14QSB-9oqp

Yeah. At the end of the day, the call worked out in Harbaugh's favor and they ended up with about 15 yards of field position on the fumble.

pbmax
01-19-2014, 11:08 PM
Chase Stuart ‏@fbgchase 7m
MT @TomPelissero Asked Jermaine Kearse about go-ahead TD. That wasn't the play call. Automatic adjustment. See the flag, run four verticals.

I think that is the exact same as the Packer call in that situation.

Joemailman
01-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Sherman is great.

Sherman was nothing without Mr. Peabody.

http://wheresmrpeabody.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/mr_peabody_and_sherman.jpg

smuggler
01-20-2014, 01:19 AM
Was not pleased with the refs, but I don't think their mistakes affected the outcome. SF should have won at the end... There was too much time left to try for the end zone on first and ten.

red
01-20-2014, 10:11 AM
i turned the game off after seattle scored the TD after the blown roughing the kicker call

that was when i lost my last ounce of faith in the nfl

i find it hard to believe that a top rated ref can see that happen, throw the flag and call the wrong thing

up to that point i also saw 1 huge penalty on san fran for a shot to the head that kept an early seattle drive alive, even though whitner didn't hit the head or neck area. and i saw at least 4 obvious h2h hits by the seahawks that weren't called

for me it was like watching the WWE. good guy goes to hit the bad guy with the chair and the ref stops him and takes away the chair. while the ref has his back turned to get rid of the chair, the bad guy grabs another chair and drills the good guy in the face. and the ref turns around in time to count the good guy out

i don't think the nfl is "scripted", but i think the outcome is predetermined or at least heavily guided, and they just use the human error excuse to cover it all up

what i saw last night was all the big calls and no calls were very one sided. and this was suppose to be an all star crew made up of the best of the rest. they shouldn't have made mistakes at all, much less so many of them

mraynrand
01-20-2014, 10:24 AM
Wonder if there is a hit out on Mike Pereira?

You know, Gene Steratore probably was tempted to call traveling a couple of times in the game.

mraynrand
01-20-2014, 10:26 AM
for me it was like watching the WWE. good guy goes to hit the bad guy with the chair and the ref stops him and takes away the chair.

just for the record, I would not be opposed to seeing Pete Carroll get clobbered with a folding chair.

KYPack
01-20-2014, 10:41 AM
Red, if this game was all scripted wouldn't SF have won via a count out or something.

The 9ers are more "box office" than the birds, aren't they?

mraynrand
01-20-2014, 10:51 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeZHnqxCMAECsJt.png

Awesomeness. I just saw the post game 'interview' by Erin Andrews. You don't want this all the time in the NFL, but a little bit of unvarnished emotion is refreshing, especially given what we know about the Niners trash talking WRs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPD_Lgq7IyI

Willard
01-20-2014, 10:58 AM
My impressions from SF-SEA game:
Even against the "best defense in the NFL" Kaep will occasionally break containment and gallop down the field like a freak of nature. I think any team/scheme is likely to get torched on occasion by this unique talent.
I kept thinking how Frickin good/fast/decisive Bowman was in the middle of SF's defense. What a difference he would make in GB if we grabbed him in free agency. Then his knee was pulverized. Bad break so to speak.
It also occurred to me that GB played SF as tough as did SEA. GB certainly looked tougher on both sides than the previous year. Lacy brings tude to the running game. Now shore up the middle of the defense and contend. In short, all is not lost in Packer Nation.

pbmax
01-20-2014, 11:18 AM
Just in case its not clear, let me repeat:

Head to head collisions are not illegal in the NFL.

For QBs, defenseless player (WR during catch or punter/kicker) or straight-line crown of the helmet hits OUT of the tackle box are treated differently.

woodbuck27
01-20-2014, 11:20 AM
i turned the game off after seattle scored the TD after the blown roughing the kicker call

that was when i lost my last ounce of faith in the nfl

i find it hard to believe that a top rated ref can see that happen, throw the flag and call the wrong thing

up to that point i also saw 1 huge penalty on san fran for a shot to the head that kept an early seattle drive alive, even though whitner didn't hit the head or neck area. and i saw at least 4 obvious h2h hits by the seahawks that weren't called

for me it was like watching the WWE. good guy goes to hit the bad guy with the chair and the ref stops him and takes away the chair. while the ref has his back turned to get rid of the chair, the bad guy grabs another chair and drills the good guy in the face. and the ref turns around in time to count the good guy out

i don't think the nfl is "scripted", but i think the outcome is predetermined or at least heavily guided, and they just use the human error excuse to cover it all up

what i saw last night was all the big calls and no calls were very one sided. and this was suppose to be an all star crew made up of the best of the rest. they shouldn't have made mistakes at all, much less so many of them

Wow red. Mae and I just finished with this discussion or in the NFL : Is the fix in?

Mae says looking at it all yesterday and her just being rather relatively new to becoming a fan of the NFL compared to me. That seemed to be the case or obvious to her. Mae says the fix is in. Mae is very bright.

I was at first somewhat surprized at Mae's call; certainly that having been seriously into Pro Sports for 5 1/2 decades. The more I thought about all the clear corruption I saw in both games. The more I came to offer credence to Mae's observation.

In some games I've watched this season my stomach turns. There's something really sick in the NFL right now. That's covered up by what may "only" appear as NFL official incompetence. I believe the final say has all to do with $the almighty dollar$.

I'm on the bench and thinking still about this. I'm not sure I need to see more interms of any serious claim of "the fix". Yet looking at this:

How can the NFL generate more money for all those that benefit most from "football" in terms of maximum gains.

Is it really....Screw the honor of the game of football and double screw the football fans!??

The owners suck in all the revenue that can by whatever ploys they can conceive and the fans are actually passed over in terms of our best expectations based in "fair play".

What that is isn't doing the game of football and at the level of the NFL any good.

PACKERS !

pbmax
01-20-2014, 11:25 AM
TV Markets Ranked

Rank Metropolitan Market Regions / Areas
1 New York
2 Los Angeles
3 Chicago
4 Philadelphia
5 Dallas-Ft. Worth
6 San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose
7 Boston
8 Atlanta
9 Washington, DC
10 Houston
11 Detroit
12 Phoenix
13 Tampa-St. Petersburg
14 Seattle-Tacoma

Someone must tell me what the NFL and TV have to gain by fixing the game to put a smaller market in the Super Bowl.

Also notice, Boston (7th) somehow managed to lose to Denver (18th). Unless you have substantial evidence about how the NFL makes more money by having smaller markets for their marquee game, you must believe the NFL fixed to games to their detriment.

Source: http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets

woodbuck27
01-20-2014, 11:28 AM
TV Markets Ranked

1 New York
2 Los Angeles
3 Chicago
4 Philadelphia
5 Dallas-Ft. Worth
7 Boston
8 Atlanta
9 Washington, DC
10 Houston
11 Detroit
12 Phoenix
13 Tampa-St. Petersburg
14 Seattle-Tacoma

Someone must tell me what the NFL and TV have to gain by fixing the game to put a smaller market in the Super Bowl.

The Super Bowl isn't set to be played in Seattle.

The Super Bowl is set to be played in a HUGE Market area pbmax.

hoosier
01-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Nice to see that Kaepernick's teammates have his back. Anquan Boldin:
On the last drive we had enough time, we were driving down. We started with three minutes, we had all three timeouts, so there was no need to rush. We put ourselves in great position. Unfortunately we threw an interception at the end.

pbmax
01-20-2014, 11:31 AM
The Super Bowl isn't set to be played in Seattle.

The Super Bowl is set to be played in a HUGE Market area pbmax.

The Super Bowl is already sold out, so where its played matters not. The gate receipts are fixed.

TV revenue is both far larger and still flexible (some TV spots carry variable rates and Networks who fail to deliver ratings can be forced to give refunds).

Again, how is the NFL making more money with Seattle than San Fran, or Denver over NE?

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-20-2014, 11:34 AM
TV Markets Ranked

1 New York
2 Los Angeles
3 Chicago
4 Philadelphia
5 Dallas-Ft. Worth
7 Boston
8 Atlanta
9 Washington, DC
10 Houston
11 Detroit
12 Phoenix
13 Tampa-St. Petersburg
14 Seattle-Tacoma

Also notice, Boston (7th) somehow managed to lose to Denver (18th). Unless you have substantial evidence about how the NFL makes more money by having smaller markets for their marquee game, you must believe the NFL fixed to games to their detriment.

It is just too hard to believe that a big time sport like NFL is fixed. Now all of the close games against the Packers is another story...

hoosier
01-20-2014, 11:53 AM
Much easier to believe is that many fans are selective in what they see: we see the blown calls that cost the teams we root for, and we hear the things announcers say that could be construed as critical of our team or in favor of the opponent. Those announcers then acquire an anti Packer bias.

woodbuck27
01-20-2014, 11:59 AM
The Super Bowl is already sold out, so where its played matters not. The gate receipts are fixed.

TV revenue is both far larger and still flexible (some TV spots carry variable rates and Networks who fail to deliver ratings can be forced to give refunds).

Again, how is the NFL making more money with Seattle than San Fran, or Denver over NE?

Why did I pick (predict) the Super Bowl Finalists to be:

(AFC) DENVER Vs (NFC) Seattle before the season began?

This season from an overall NFL marketing standpoint had to be about Denver and Peyton Manning. His whole career statement was based in his success or not of getting into and the next step winning the Super Bowl.

That step will be described in terms of Peyton Manning and his Denver Broncos winning the BIG GAME.

Bet your bank on that; as it won't be anything else.

THE DENVER BRONCOS ARE YOUR SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPION.

Everything ultimately will be driven to that singular result.

Bossman641
01-20-2014, 12:10 PM
I certainly agree that the calls seemed to go against SF but I think that's more a function of home field and the refs feeling a bit of pressure from the crowd. There's no way you can convince me that the NFL fixed it to come down to a end zone INT with 30 seconds left.

pbmax
01-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Why did I pick (predict) the Super Bowl Finalists to be:

(AFC) DENVER Vs (NFC) Seattle before the season began?

This season from an overall NFL marketing standpoint had to be about Denver and Peyton Manning. His whole career statement was based in his success or not of getting into and the next step winning the Super Bowl.

That step will be described in terms of Peyton Manning and his Denver Broncos winning the BIG GAME.

Bet your bank on that; as it won't be anything else.

THE DENVER BRONCOS ARE YOUR SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPION.

Everything ultimately will be driven to that singular result.

So your argument for the playoffs being fixed is that the entire season is fixed?

run pMc
01-20-2014, 12:23 PM
just for the record, I would not be opposed to seeing Pete Carroll get clobbered with a folding chair.

+1

If SF had won I'd be thinking the same thing about Harbaugh.

Not a Denver fan AT ALL but I have to root for them. Is it possible to root for everyone to lose?
In a perfect world, Peyton Manning will throw a last second game winning Hail Mary that Eric Decker rips out of Richard Sherman's hands. Also, Golden Tate fumbles three times.

bobblehead
01-20-2014, 12:40 PM
Just in case its not clear, let me repeat:

Head to head collisions are not illegal in the NFL.

For QBs, defenseless player (WR during catch or punter/kicker) or straight-line crown of the helmet hits OUT of the tackle box are treated differently.

But on the final series of the previous superbowl, spearing directly into the ear hole of a defenseless receiver is perfectly OK.

bobblehead
01-20-2014, 12:44 PM
TV Markets Ranked

1 New York
2 Los Angeles
3 Chicago
4 Philadelphia
5 Dallas-Ft. Worth
7 Boston
8 Atlanta
9 Washington, DC
10 Houston
11 Detroit
12 Phoenix
13 Tampa-St. Petersburg
14 Seattle-Tacoma

For the record, I say its "guided" not rigged. I think that some of the calls at the end of the NE/Denv game kept it from being a blowout so the NFL could have their NBA finish...that is the norm now.

As for what to gain. You finally got 2 #1 seeds in the superbowl. You got both championship matchups that appeals to the nation. I was a bit intoxicated for the SF/Sea game, so I won't render much verdict until I rewatch it, but I did see a playoffs where Brady and Brees got effectively shut down...one by a very average defense. I also saw Carolina get the short end of a lot of officiating to set up the dream championship game (not that I think it was "rigged", but the respect aspect was NBA like).

bobblehead
01-20-2014, 12:46 PM
Much easier to believe is that many fans are selective in what they see: we see the blown calls that cost the teams we root for, and we hear the things announcers say that could be construed as critical of our team or in favor of the opponent. Those announcers then acquire an anti Packer bias.

I don't buy that necessarily. I had money on Seattle over NO. I was very actively rooting for Seattle. I thought NO got hosed in that game. I saw receivers get tackled 10+ yards downfield. I won my bet (only because I bet it before the line moved though).

pbmax
01-20-2014, 01:17 PM
I think the fact that the #1 seed matchup happens so rarely is evidence against this charge. If carrying favorites through brought eyeballs, then the guiding would have happened previously.

Last night the Football Outsiders guys Tweeted that only three match ups of #1 versus #2 in their Power Ranking metric (DVOA) have occurred at the Super Bowl in the time frame of their data (I think they are back to 1989 now). I think this speaks to the same kind of randomness in single elimination games.

Its such a small set of data yearly that you could find any number of "patterns" that a really just random cluster of events. When someone can predict the "guiding" I will reconsider.

And no, picking the two clear betting favorites at the start of the season is not evidence that the NFL gets the matchup it wants.

mraynrand
01-20-2014, 01:21 PM
For the record, I say its "guided" not rigged. I think that some of the calls at the end of the NE/Denv game kept it from being a blowout so the NFL could have their NBA finish...that is the norm now.

As for what to gain. You finally got 2 #1 seeds in the superbowl. You got both championship matchups that appeals to the nation. I was a bit intoxicated for the SF/Sea game, so I won't render much verdict until I rewatch it, but I did see a playoffs where Brady and Brees got effectively shut down...one by a very average defense. I also saw Carolina get the short end of a lot of officiating to set up the dream championship game (not that I think it was "rigged", but the respect aspect was NBA like).

Carolina got their asses handed to them. A lot of what you cite are the norm for NFL games. Yesterday both teams came out amped up and beat the crap out of each other. a lot of times, they just can't sustain that for the entire game, and things get loose nearer the end, especially when teams get desperate - you get sacks because teams become one-dimensional. You sometimes get more scoring because teams take more risks and go for it on all fourth downs.

Here's an exercise: ask yourself how you will actually influence an NFL game as a ref, and how it will go essentially unnoticed. I watched Carolina-SF and Sea-SF. Mostly the reffing errors were minor and cancelled out. Couple of highly visible errors yesterday in Seattle's favor, but in perspective, the number of errors by SF and the number of chances they had far outweighed any ref influence.

given the history of the influence of organized crime on sports, the fact that you live in Vegas, and that the money is bet on lines and not on win-or-lose outcome, I can understand your paranoia. It seems unlikely to me that the refs are skewing the game, but it's not entirely improbable.

mraynrand
01-20-2014, 01:26 PM
But on the final series of the previous superbowl, spearing directly into the ear hole of a defenseless receiver is perfectly OK.

I assume you mean a hit on an SF receiver. regardless, SF lost the SB, much like SF lost yesterday, because the play caller forgot what got them in position to win at the end. Last year, SF should have run the ball to score the winning TD instead of passing, and yesterday, Kap should have run more on the final drive and checked down, instead of lobbing into double coverage. Roman could see what was working and he kinda blew it. Perhaps he was on the take...

pbmax
01-20-2014, 01:28 PM
I assume you mean a hit on an SF receiver. regardless, SF lost the SB, much like SF lost yesterday, because the play caller forgot what got them in position to win at the end. Last year, SF should have run the ball to score the winning TD instead of passing, and yesterday, Kap should have run more on the final drive and checked down, instead of lobbing into double coverage. Roman could see what was working and he kinda blew it. Perhaps he was on the take...

There you go, understandable motivation. Roman wanted to interview for the Browns job.

Wait, that's not understandable at all.

denverYooper
01-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Awesomeness. I just saw the post game 'interview' by Erin Andrews. You don't want this all the time in the NFL, but a little bit of unvarnished emotion is refreshing, especially given what we know about the Niners trash talking WRs.

http://youtu.be/S-ntFroiHOA

Maxie the Taxi
01-23-2014, 09:25 PM
What led up to the Erin Andrews interview...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIN2MFlh7O4

Guiness
01-23-2014, 11:12 PM
What led up to the Erin Andrews interview...

That was a different take, and not an angle I remember seeing. He extended his hand, the tv angle made it look like a taunt. Maybe not the time and place, but still.

woodbuck27
01-26-2014, 03:58 PM
That was a different take, and not an angle I remember seeing. He extended his hand, the tv angle made it look like a taunt. Maybe not the time and place, but still.

This was the NO. 1 Topic of discussion on NFL Total Access all this week and even that yesterday ...Sat. 25 Jan. 2014.

I think she got what she deserved trying to ride that stallion fresh out in the corral; after a huge win and his dominating role and struggle with the officials and 49ers WR Michael Crabtree to boot. Erin Andrews wasn't exactly demonstrating a good attitude and her needs to get a good sound bite from that stallion ... now turned BULL !

pbmax
01-26-2014, 05:25 PM
This was the NO. 1 Topic of discussion on NFL Total Access all this week and even that yesterday ...Sat. 25 Jan. 2014.

I think she got what she deserved trying to ride that stallion fresh out in the corral; after a huge win and his dominating role and struggle with the officials and 49ers WR Michael Crabtree to boot. Erin Andrews wasn't exactly demonstrating a good attitude and her needs to get a good sound bite from that stallion ... now turned BULL !

It might be one of the more difficult jobs of the game broadcast but the players are contracted to participate after a game. Andrews wasn't out of line with the interview, its SOP.

However, the need to have an interview that soon after the game is going to produce things like this and its a testament to the professionalism of most players that it doesn't happen more often.

Like Rand, I thought it was a refreshing honest look at how the game is played. Not the syrupy comments you get during the week, no diva trash talk from a disgruntled WR, but raw and honest attitude about succeeding at a grueling task.

woodbuck27
01-26-2014, 07:24 PM
It might be one of the more difficult jobs of the game broadcast but the players are contracted to participate after a game. Andrews wasn't out of line with the interview, its SOP.

However, the need to have an interview that soon after the game is going to produce things like this and its a testament to the professionalism of most players that it doesn't happen more often.

Like Rand, I thought it was a refreshing honest look at how the game is played. Not the syrupy comments you get during the week, no diva trash talk from a disgruntled WR, but raw and honest attitude about succeeding at a grueling task.

In my view it was about the life and emotions inside of the game. About the homan emotional side of the game.

Sometimes that get's to "a take no prisoner's attitude and reaction" .

Erin Andrews went to school and this incident as did Richard Sherman.

No real foul...no real crime.