PDA

View Full Version : Which Green Bay Packer Is Your 2013 Season MVP ?

woodbuck27
01-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Was the Green Bay Packers MVP in the 2013 Season Aaron Rodgers, a man that was absent for a good part of the Season?

Was the MVP Eddie Lacy?

I've got a candidate for you. A Packer that's seldom discussed over this past season here. Why? Maybe because he's been doing so well compared to the 2012 Season. I'm referring to Packers kicker, Mason Crosby. A Packer who was all but given up on by many Packerrats last season.

What a turn-a-round !

In 2013 Mason Crosby had his finest season as a Packer kicker. Crosby finished 12th in the NFL overall ranking among kickers, making 33 of 37 field goal attempts (or 89.2% of his attempted kicks).

Starting in early Nov.'13, Crosby made 18 of 20 field goals. He didn't miss a field goal since the Philadelphia Eagles game loss. Mason Crosby made 18 in a row over the last 8 games of the season. That game streak includes the playoff loss to the San Francisco 49ers.

With the Aaron Rodgers injury, every point was precious. Crosby was perfect in attempts Vs Minny, Atlanta and Dallas. Games in which the Packers had two wins and a tie and without Mason Crosby's perfection ... one thing leads to another.

** The Chicago Bears would be NFCN Champions.

** The "one and out" playoff loss to the 49ers isn't in our minds or a conversation on Packerrats.

So what happened with Mason Crosby over the course of the end of a disastrous 2012 season and the end of this season?

Let's go back even further in his history or look back over the course of his career as an NFL kicker in Green Bay. The Packers had treated Crosby as if he was a top kicker. He received large raises and the job was his with no competition. Mason Crosby was 'the Packer kicking MAN', even after bad years on the job.

That all changed for the better for Mason Crosby and the Green Bay Packers, after the end of the 2012 season when the kicking duties were no longer deemed a foregone conclusion or ALL Mason Crosby.

Last summer Ted Thompson added **Giorgio Tavecchio and Zach Ramirez as what on the surface appeared as competition for Mason Crosby. Was that move made moreso for other reasons? Maybe? Those kickers were brought in as the best incentive Crosby needed to achieve more?

As a further measure TT turned to financial motivation for Mason Crosby and
restructured his contract... as one "heavy on incentives". The rest is history.

TT retained Mason Crosby even though he was "arguably", being upstaged in training camp by ** Giorgio Tavecchio?

Crosby accepted the challenge (s) and TT's (Russ Ball's) terms of a contract and under some pressure demonstrated excellence for the Packers and us Packer fans. His kicks were straight lines for "three points more".

Cont'd on post #2 of this thread:

GO PACKERS !

mraynrand
01-20-2014, 10:54 AM
Obviously it's Aaron Rodgers. With Aaron: almost advance to NFC Divisional game; Without Aaron: Lose to just about everyone

woodbuck27
01-20-2014, 10:56 AM
Cont'd From Post #1 of this thread:

How much of all this and Mason Crosby did much maligned ST Coach Shawn Slocum have to do with the result?

Did Shawn Slocum finally find the answer to Crosby's decline? Mason Crosby may in politeness indicate just that but as football fans and kickers we know the difference. Kicking and mechanics is certainly important and encouragement helps one's head.

Sure Slocum assisted in terms of adjustments and Crosby. He's paid to pay such attention as a minimum and his job description. He gets paid for that much; but an NFL kicker can only be solid at his craft when "he gets his head in the zone". Specifically Mason Crosby has to be positive or automatic with his kicks within reason based on strength and length.

Too often last season we observed Mason Crosby's head coach Mike Mccarth call on him to make kicks of a ridiculous length when he was missing inside 45 yards.

It's my take that Ted Thompson offered the greatest incentive to Mason Crosby with some gentle pressure and at the same time provide a dynamic response towards a backup plan. It was unlikely that the Packers would replace Crosby after restructuring him to an incentive-based deal.

All the same, the Packers appeared to be preparing a backup plan if Mason Crosby continued to screw up. TT continued restructured Crosby and didn't sit on that. TT followed up and getting the kicking position "just right"; as he worked out Havard “Kickalicious” Rugland. That "wild and crazy" European kicker that you might have seen on YouTube.

Havard Rugland spent the summer as a member of the Detroit Lions and was beaten out by David Akers. Havard Rugland had done his part. In three preseason games with the Lions, he was three-for-three on field goals (a long of 50 yards). That wasn't enough for the LIONS but it sure peaked TT's interests. This is just the Ted Thompson I expect to see demonstrated as he performs his Packer GM's job.

I'll add this:

TT might have stored “Kickalicious” away on the Practise Squad as such a move comes with "a bonus". Every NFL team is allowed one international player on the PS, or a ninth member "with a special restriction on other NFL teams". That 9th PS "International player", can't be signed by any NFL team.

This is a post (maybe thread) for another time as I've been suggesting that TT and his Scouting Staff expand their horizons; by finding special talent "superior athletes" somewhere else besides America. Why isn't Ted Thompson and his Scouting Team looking for that "rare... mentally and physically gifted athletic", looking anywhere on the planet?

In conclusion:

Was Mason Crosby the Green Bay Packers MVP for the 2013 Season?

When it's all taken into clearer focus. Mason Crosby is obvious and he gets my vote as the 2013 Season Green Bay Packer MVP.

What's your opinion?

GO PACKERS ! ... GO PACK GO ! !

mraynrand
01-20-2014, 01:51 PM
When it's all taken into clearer focus. Mason Crosby is obvious and he gets my vote as the 2013 Season Green Bay Packer MVP.

What's your opinion?

My opinion is that you are out of your gourd if you think Mason Crosby was Packer MVP

Rutnstrut
01-20-2014, 01:58 PM
My opinion is that you are out of your gourd if you think Mason Crosby was Packer MVP

It would be Crosby more than Rodgers.

woodbuck27
01-20-2014, 01:59 PM
It would be Crosby more than Rodgers.

IMHO that's too obvious this past season.

Rutnstrut
01-20-2014, 02:15 PM
IMHO that's too obvious this past season.

Yup, I agree 100%.

Joemailman
01-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Somehow I always knew you two would come together.

BZnDallas
01-20-2014, 03:30 PM
As always this discussion comes down to what your definition of MVP is. No way in hell with any definition of MVP would I give that label to Crosby. IMO Crosby is most improved or comeback player for GB. Two players i would call MVP are AR and Lacy. AR for the simple reason if look what happened w/o him and Lacy for being our best player throughout the entire year. Easy discussion easy answer. Anything else is in the WTF category

denverYooper
01-20-2014, 03:33 PM
Josh Sitton

mraynrand
01-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Josh Sitton

WTF?

(I suppose Jordy Nelson could be in the list of 'finalists,' but look how he struggled with Rodgers out too.

mraynrand
01-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Somehow I always knew you two would come together.

http://spf.fotolog.com/photo/47/16/25/dioni95/1244972796520_f.jpg

Striker
01-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Rodgers or Lacy.

Lacy was most of the reason we won without Rodgers.

At the same time, Rodgers absence proved how much Rodgers is needed for sustained winning.

Joemailman
01-20-2014, 05:45 PM
I don't see how Rodgers can be MVP when he missed half the season. His absence showed how valuable he is when he's in there, but for 8 games he wasn't in there. I think Jordy Nelson was outstanding all year long. I think it's between him and Lacy.

Bossman641
01-20-2014, 06:29 PM
MVP as in the team was screwed without him - Rodgers
MVP based on their actual performance for the entire season - Lacy

Freak Out
01-20-2014, 11:51 PM
Lacy.
http://www.comicsbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/life-in-hell.jpg

pbmax
01-21-2014, 12:01 AM
Bach.

And if he doesn't win Team MVP, he is probably winning the Bruce Wilkerson Memorial Thanks For Saving Our Ass Award for 2013.

woodbuck27
01-21-2014, 02:07 AM
As always this discussion comes down to what your definition of MVP is. No way in hell with any definition of MVP would I give that label to Crosby. IMO Crosby is most improved or comeback player for GB. Two players i would call MVP are AR and Lacy. AR for the simple reason if look what happened w/o him and Lacy for being our best player throughout the entire year. Easy discussion easy answer. Anything else is in the WTF category

In 2013 Mason Crosby had his finest season as a Packer kicker. Crosby finished 12th in the NFL overall ranking among kickers, making 33 of 37 field goal attempts (or 89.2% of his attempted kicks).

Starting in early Nov.'13, Crosby made 18 of 20 field goals. He didn't miss a field goal since the Philadelphia Eagles game loss. Mason Crosby made 18 in a row over the last 8 games of the season. That game streak includes the playoff loss to the San Francisco 49ers.

With the Aaron Rodgers injury, every point was precious. Crosby was perfect in attempts Vs Minny, Atlanta and Dallas. Games in which the Packers had two wins and a tie and without Mason Crosby's perfection ... one thing leads to another.

** The "one and out" playoff loss to the 49ers isn't in our minds or a conversation on Packerrats.

Comment woodbuck27:

Whatever you fellas do. Don't think outside the box. :whist:

smuggler
01-21-2014, 04:06 AM
Aaron Rodgers. The team reminded me of 2005 when he was out.

Fritz
01-21-2014, 06:15 AM
In the long run, I wonder if it will be a blessing is disguise that Rodgers missed all that time this year.

It showed that our defense was not ready for prime time, that it can't be counted on to hold the fort. In short, it's not a championship defense.

My hope is that Thompson will invest heavily in the defense in the draft, and dammit, that he'll sign a mid-level FA or two who is athletic and experienced.

BZnDallas
01-21-2014, 07:08 AM

Comment woodbuck27:

Whatever you fellas do. Don't think outside the box. :whist:

For me inside or outside the box its the same. W/o Crosby this team brings in a kicker that hits what 80% or higher from fg range?

MVP- most valuable player. You cant convince me that Rodgers isnt THE most valuable player after we ALL witnessed what happened when he went down.

Jordy was and remains a damn fine player. Not MVP. Bak, love the help he provided from the jump. Not MVP. Sitton? Again love the effort and prob our best oline man. Not MVP.

Most VALUABLE? What happens when you take an MVP off a roster? That team goes to shit. I witnessed that after AR went down. Easy answer AR for GB MVP.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-21-2014, 08:32 AM
MD Jennings.

run pMc
01-21-2014, 09:19 AM
In the long run, I wonder if it will be a blessing is disguise that Rodgers missed all that time this year.

It showed that our defense was not ready for prime time, that it can't be counted on to hold the fort. In short, it's not a championship defense.

My hope is that Thompson will invest heavily in the defense in the draft, and dammit, that he'll sign a mid-level FA or two who is athletic and experienced.

+1

Rodgers was the MVP. He is the most valuable player on the team -- as he goes, so goes the team.

You could nominate Flynn or Bahktiari for the Bruce Wilkerson.

mraynrand
01-21-2014, 09:27 AM
You could nominate Flynn or Bahktiari for the Bruce Wilkerson.

I vote Flynn. Bak played the entire season - He gets the Tim Newsome Rookie Award. Flynn fits the Wilkerson award perfectly. Obscure backup (not even on the team until desperate) who comes in, fills a huge area of need, with a performance that is just enough to help the team get to the playoffs.

Tony Oday
01-21-2014, 09:36 AM
Cutler...he signed a retirement contract in Chicago to ensure that THE BEARS STILL SUCK!

denverYooper
01-21-2014, 10:01 AM
Cutler...he signed a retirement contract in Chicago to ensure that THE BEARS STILL SUCK!

LOL. I was thinking Stafford, because he helped the Lions blow their lead down the stretch.

Smidgeon
01-21-2014, 10:18 AM

You mean like the draft before last? I just want some of those guys to start showing up more (due to not being injured or being more talented).

ThunderDan
01-21-2014, 10:34 AM
This thread reminds me of a fantasy football league I was in at work. We did a live draft and with the 3rd pick a woman in our office picked a kicker.

The rest of the members didn't want the league to be skewed by the pick so we disallowed the pick. The woman at work said, "But he scored the most points in the NFL last year."

No kickers were allowed to be drafted until round 6 going forward in the league.

I pick Lacy for Packer MVP.

woodbuck27
01-21-2014, 01:43 PM
For me inside or outside the box its the same. W/o Crosby this team brings in a kicker that hits what 80% or higher from fg range?

MVP- most valuable player. You cant convince me that Rodgers isnt THE most valuable player after we ALL witnessed what happened when he went down.

Jordy was and remains a damn fine player. Not MVP. Bak, love the help he provided from the jump. Not MVP. Sitton? Again love the effort and prob our best oline man. Not MVP.

Most VALUABLE? What happens when you take an MVP off a roster? That team goes to shit. I witnessed that after AR went down. Easy answer AR for GB MVP.

Do the Green Bay Packers get into the playoffs without Mason Crosby's much improved performance this season?

Looking at the Minny, Atlanta and Dallas games closer:

http://www.packers.com/gameday/schedule.html

http://www.packers.com/assets/docs/gamebooks/2013/131124-gamebook-vikings.pdf

12 Nov 24 ... A TIE ... PACKERS 26 - MINNESOTA 26

Team Qtr Time Play Description (Extra Point) (Drive Info) Visitor Home

Packers 1 4:59 S.Tolzien 6 yd. run (M.Crosby kick) (11-87, 5:59) 0 7

The Minnesota Vikings SCORE 23 Unanswered Points.

SCORE: Minnesota 23 - GREEN BAY 7

Packers 4 11:42 E.Lacy 3 yd. run (pass failed) (9-80, 2:40)
23 13 "MINNY"

Packers 4 3:30 J.Boykin 6 yd. pass from M.Flynn (M.Crosby kick) (12-76, 5:10) 23 - 20 " MINNY"

Packers 4 0:46 M.Crosby 27 yd. Field Goal (10-60, 1:41) 23 23 >>>

Mason Crosby's FG TIES THE GAME @ 23 ALL !

FINAL SCORE: A TIE ... GREEN BAY 26 - MINNESOTA 26

http://www.packers.com/gameday/game/2013/regular14

http://www.packers.com/assets/docs/gamebooks/2013/131215-gamebook-cowboys.pdf

14 Dec 8 ... A WIN ... GREEN BAY 21 - ATLANTA 21

Packers 1 0:00 E.Lacy 1 yd. run (M.Crosby kick) (18-90, 9:07) 0 7

PACKERS 7 - ATLANTA 0

ATLANTA SCORES 14 Unanswered Points !

Packers 2 3:39 M.Crosby 40 yd. Field Goal (11-40, 5:04) 14 10

ATLANTA SCORES ANOTHER 7 POINTS !

SCORE ATLANTA 21 - GREEN BAY 10

Packers 3 (9:10) M.Crosby 33 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-B.Goode, Holder-T.Masthay. 21 13

ATLANTA 21 - GREEN BAY 13

Packers 3 (:49) M.Crosby 25 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-B.Goode, Holder-T.Masthay

ATLANTA 21 - GREEN BAY 16

Packers 4 (12:05) (Shotgun) M.Flynn pass short right to A.Quarless for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN. P20

TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. M.Flynn pass to J.Jones is incomplete. ATTEMPT FAILS.

GREEN BAY 22 - ATLANTA 21 ................ 4 plays, 21 yards, 1:49 drive, 2:59 elapsed

FINAL SCORE: GREEN BAY 22 - ATLANTA 21

http://www.packers.com/gameday/game/2013/regular15

15 Dec 15 ... A WIN ... PACKERS 37 - COWBOYS 36

Cowboys 1 10:56 D.Bailey 47 yd. Field Goal (8-52, 4:04) 0 3

Packers 1 7:40 M.Crosby 57 yd. Field Goal (6-41, 3:16) 3 3

SCORE: PACKERS 3 - COWBOYS 3

DALLAS SCORES 23 UNANSWERED POINTS ...SCORE

DALLAS 26 - GREEN BAY 3

SCORE @ the Half: DALLAS 26 - GREEN BAY 3

The COMEBACK !

Packers 3 (13:15) (Shotgun) M.Flynn pass short left to J.Nelson for 13 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Pass caught left corner 8 yards deep end zone. P9 M.Crosby extra point is GOOD, Center-B.Goode, Holder-T.Masthay.

GB 10 DAL 26, 4 plays, 80 yards, 1:52 drive, 1:52 elapsed

Cowboys 3 (6:39) (Field Goal formation) D.Bailey 50 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-L.Ladouceur, Holder-C.Jones.

GB 10 DAL 29, 11 plays, 48 yards, 1 penalty, 6:35 drive, 8:27 elapsed

Packers 3 (1:13) (Shotgun) M.Flynn pass short middle to A.Quarless for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Pass complete on a "skinny slant." P14

(Kick formation) M.Crosby extra point is GOOD, Center-B.Goode, Holder-T.Masthay.

GB 17 DAL 29, 12 plays, 80 yards, 5:24 drive, 13:51 elapsed

Packers (12:55) M.Flynn pass short middle to J.Starks for 11 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Pass complete off "play action." P16

M.Crosby extra point is GOOD, Center-B.Goode, Holder-T.Masthay.

GB 24 DAL 29, 5 plays, 22 yards, 2:14 drive, 2:13 elapsed

Cowboys 4 (8:04) T.Romo pass short right to D.Bryant for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN. P26

D.Bailey extra point is GOOD, Center-L.Ladouceur, Holder-C.Jones.

GB 24 DAL 36, 10 plays, 80 yards, 2 penalties, 4:52 drive, 7:05 elapsed

Packers 4 (4:23) (Shotgun) M.Flynn pass short left to J.Jones for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN. P21

GB 31 DAL 36, 10 plays, 80 yards, 3:38 drive, 10:43 elapsed

Packers 4 (1:34) E.Lacy up the middle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN. R26

TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. M.Flynn pass to A.Quarless is incomplete. ATTEMPT FAILS.

GB 37 - DAL 36, 7 plays, 50 yards, 1 penalty, 1:15 drive, 13:29 elapsed

FINAL SCORE: GREEN BAY 37 - DALLAS 36

Fritz
01-21-2014, 01:54 PM
For James Starks, Eddie Lacey is the MVP because his play allowed Starks to stay healthy and now Starks is going to get a pretty decent contract from some other team, which will mistakenly think Starks will stay healthy and be a major force for the season.

pbmax
01-21-2014, 02:19 PM
For James Starks, Eddie Lacey is the MVP because his play allowed Starks to stay healthy and now Starks is going to get a pretty decent contract from some other team, which will mistakenly think Starks will stay healthy and be a major force for the season.

Funny you should mention that.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 18m
Also sounds like GB still interested in re-signing James Starks. Difficult decisions ahead at RB behind Eddie Lacy. Franklin, Harris in mix.

KYPack
01-21-2014, 02:25 PM
This thread reminds me of a fantasy football league I was in at work. We did a live draft and with the 3rd pick a woman in our office picked a kicker.

The rest of the members didn't want the league to be skewed by the pick so we disallowed the pick. The woman at work said, "But he scored the most points in the NFL last year."

No kickers were allowed to be drafted until round 6 going forward in the league.

She won your league, didn't she, TD?

denverYooper
01-21-2014, 02:34 PM

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/hua_hsu/rothman_mansplain_post.png

mraynrand
01-21-2014, 02:55 PM

Injury Prone!

mraynrand
01-21-2014, 02:56 PM

You losers deserve whatever you get for playing FF

ThunderDan
01-21-2014, 04:14 PM
She won your league, didn't she, TD?

Someone had to win!

pbmax
01-21-2014, 04:26 PM
Someone had to win!

That's nothing. We used to run a football pool in High School for students and teachers. Didn't pick against the spread but did the value system (assign each game's pick a value from 1-14). My Mother won 3 times that year. I won only once. Oh the humanity.

The early 80s didn't have the Internet, but it had its pluses.

mraynrand
01-21-2014, 04:42 PM
That's nothing. We used to run a football pool in High School for students and teachers. Didn't pick against the spread but did the value system (assign each game's pick a value from 1-14). My Mother won 3 times that year. I won only once. Oh the humanity.

we played the same pool. I had a friend whose GF won several weeks predicting wins and losses based on the tried and true method of evaluating which mascot would win in actual battle. 49ers had pick axes and would kill everything, Dolphins always won because the opposition couldn't swim, etc. I don't recall how she reasoned out SBXIX, but she got it right.

BZnDallas
01-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Do the Green Bay Packers get into the playoffs without Mason Crosby's much improved performance this season?

Looking at the Minny, Atlanta and Dallas games closer:

http://www.packers.com/gameday/schedule.html

http://www.packers.com/assets/docs/gamebooks/2013/131124-gamebook-vikings.pdf

12 Nov 24 ... A TIE ... PACKERS 26 - MINNESOTA 26

Packers 1 4:59 S.Tolzien 6 yd. run (M.Crosby kick) (11-87, 5:59) 0 7

The Minnesota Vikings SCORE 23 Unanswered Points.

SCORE: Minnesota 23 - GREEN BAY 7

Packers 4 11:42 E.Lacy 3 yd. run (pass failed) (9-80, 2:40)
23 13 "MINNY"

Packers 4 3:30 J.Boykin 6 yd. pass from M.Flynn (M.Crosby kick) (12-76, 5:10) 23 - 20 " MINNY"

Packers 4 0:46 M.Crosby 27 yd. Field Goal (10-60, 1:41) 23 23 >>>

Mason Crosby's FG TIES THE GAME @ 23 ALL !

FINAL SCORE: A TIE ... GREEN BAY 26 - MINNESOTA 26

http://www.packers.com/gameday/game/2013/regular14

14 Dec 8 ... A WIN ... GREEN BAY 21 - ATLANTA 21

Packers 1 0:00 E.Lacy 1 yd. run (M.Crosby kick) (18-90, 9:07) 0 7

PACKERS 7 - ATLANTA 0

ATLANTA SCORES 14 Unanswered Points !

Packers 2 3:39 M.Crosby 40 yd. Field Goal (11-40, 5:04) 14 10

ATLANTA SCORES ANOTHER 7 POINTS !

SCORE ATLANTA 21 - GREEN BAY 10

Packers 3 (9:10) M.Crosby 33 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-B.Goode, Holder-T.Masthay. 21 13

ATLANTA 21 - GREEN BAY 13

Packers 3 (:49) M.Crosby 25 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-B.Goode, Holder-T.Masthay

ATLANTA 21 - GREEN BAY 16

Packers 4 (12:05) (Shotgun) M.Flynn pass short right to A.Quarless for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN. P20

TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. M.Flynn pass to J.Jones is incomplete. ATTEMPT FAILS.

GREEN BAY 22 - ATLANTA 21 ................ 4 plays, 21 yards, 1:49 drive, 2:59 elapsed

FINAL SCORE: GREEN BAY 22 - ATLANTA 21

http://www.packers.com/gameday/game/2013/regular15

15 Dec 15 ... A WIN ... PACKERS 37 - COWBOYS 36

Cowboys 1 10:56 D.Bailey 47 yd. Field Goal (8-52, 4:04) 0 3

Packers 1 7:40 M.Crosby 57 yd. Field Goal (6-41, 3:16) 3 3

SCORE: PACKERS 3 - COWBOYS 3

DALLAS SCORES 23 UNANSWERED POINTS ...SCORE

DALLAS 26 - GREEN BAY 3

SCORE @ the Half: DALLAS 26 - GREEN BAY 3

The COMEBACK !

Packers 3 (13:15) (Shotgun) M.Flynn pass short left to J.Nelson for 13 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Pass caught left corner 8 yards deep end zone. P9 M.Crosby extra point is GOOD, Center-B.Goode, Holder-T.Masthay.

GB 10 DAL 26, 4 plays, 80 yards, 1:52 drive, 1:52 elapsed

Cowboys 3 (6:39) (Field Goal formation) D.Bailey 50 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-L.Ladouceur, Holder-C.Jones.

GB 10 DAL 29, 11 plays, 48 yards, 1 penalty, 6:35 drive, 8:27 elapsed

Packers 3 (1:13) (Shotgun) M.Flynn pass short middle to A.Quarless for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Pass complete on a "skinny slant." P14

(Kick formation) M.Crosby extra point is GOOD, Center-B.Goode, Holder-T.Masthay.

GB 17 DAL 29, 12 plays, 80 yards, 5:24 drive, 13:51 elapsed

Packers (12:55) M.Flynn pass short middle to J.Starks for 11 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Pass complete off "play action." P16

GB 24 DAL 29, 5 plays, 22 yards, 2:14 drive, 2:13 elapsed

Cowboys 4 (8:04) T.Romo pass short right to D.Bryant for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN. P26

D.Bailey extra point is GOOD, Center-L.Ladouceur, Holder-C.Jones.

GB 24 DAL 36, 10 plays, 80 yards, 2 penalties, 4:52 drive, 7:05 elapsed

Packers 4 (4:23) (Shotgun) M.Flynn pass short left to J.Jones for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN. P21

GB 31 DAL 36, 10 plays, 80 yards, 3:38 drive, 10:43 elapsed

Packers 4 (1:34) E.Lacy up the middle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN. R26

TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. M.Flynn pass to A.Quarless is incomplete. ATTEMPT FAILS.

GB 37 - DAL 36, 7 plays, 50 yards, 1 penalty, 1:15 drive, 13:29 elapsed

FINAL SCORE: GREEN BAY 37 - DALLAS 36

Good lord Woody, you're writing a book over there. hahaha, if you think Crosby is the team MVP that is fine. Im not going to waste my time trying to change your opinion. You've stated your opinion with little to no support. Thats ok but if people dont agree then thats ok too.

Yes Crosby hit some huge kicks for us this year. If he wasnt there someone else would have been signed to do his job. Maybe that other kicker would have been worse or better than Crosby. We'll never know, what we do know is how the team played without AR. The team signed not one but two other players to come in and do his job. We all saw the outcome.

If you choose to take AR out of the discussion then it seems most of us choose Lacy. Again if Lacy is out early on during the season for a period of time the team plugs that hole with other players on our roster who haven't been able to perform, we've seen that the last 3-4-5 years. Lacy CARRIED this team on his back while AR was gone. Give the kid his due. Team MVP (with AR out)

LEWCWA
01-23-2014, 04:50 AM
Rodgers in a landslide. played 8 games team won 6 of them. Crosby no, due to the fact that Kickers can be replaced with little or no dropoff in wins and losses.....had Crosby missed 8 games ya think the packers would have lost more games? Kickers aren't even football players! lol

woodbuck27
01-23-2014, 05:45 AM
Good lord Woody, you're writing a book over there. hahaha, if you think Crosby is the team MVP that is fine. Im not going to waste my time trying to change your opinion. You've stated your opinion with little to no support. Thats ok but if people dont agree then thats ok too.

Yes Crosby hit some huge kicks for us this year. If he wasnt there someone else would have been signed to do his job. Maybe that other kicker would have been worse or better than Crosby. We'll never know, what we do know is how the team played without AR. The team signed not one but two other players to come in and do his job. We all saw the outcome.

If you choose to take AR out of the discussion then it seems most of us choose Lacy. Again if Lacy is out early on during the season for a period of time the team plugs that hole with other players on our roster who haven't been able to perform, we've seen that the last 3-4-5 years. Lacy CARRIED this team on his back while AR was gone. Give the kid his due. Team MVP (with AR out)

I'm just pulling the forums leg.

If I was going to vote for Packer Season 2013 MVP it sure wouldn't go to Aaron Rodgers.

Eddie Lacy was outstanding for the Packers in his Rookie Season.

Eddie Lacy has become my personal favourite Green Bay Packer. I havn't had one since Donald Driver retired.

Jordy Nelson had a quiet and very solid season but the Green Bay Packers MVP is IMO...this guy.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQn6m0fAy36S6nvVnKEO5jb-UnhAjUblfGOdDccq5Z5w_Hg4rp4

I'm simply happy for Mason Crosby that he sorted out "his Kickers Head". The last thing we needed from him was miss after miss like we suffered in the 2012 season. The fact he survived that is a bad omen though.

It's an omen forecast of just where the mentality is for the people that really call the shots and Green Bay Packers success. Success isn't ......with Aaron Rodgers @ QB a squeak in third straight NFCN Crown and that followed up with IMO an across the board weak performance Vs the San Francisco "own the Packers " 49ers.

I see Packerrats trying to rationalize that constant now losing to this "burr in the saddle" organization and posting things like:

They'll weaken against the CAP when Colin Kaepernick gets his BIG PAY DAY. They'll lose star players. Sure the 49ers have to weaken before the Green Bay Packers can thump their ass's.

I prefer a plan in Green Bay to strengthen to win big and not wait until the other TOP TEAMS weaken or become watered down to where the Green Bay Packers are right now. Without Aaron Rodgers the Packers are the St. Louis RAMS.

Without Aaron Rodgers Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy would be working in jobs not described as GM and HC of the Green Bay Packers. If they continue with their combined codependent suckup BS ways. Packer Nation will scream get rid of those pretenders.

Frankly I cannot believe the excuses (and Packers Management) on this board. As soon as anything happens it's "Ohh Boy now how do I defend MM or TT and that change". It's rather humorous. Too many here are acting as codependent as the line from TT >>>MM>>>his coacking staff. It's so very sickening for me to observe. Frankly it's clearly shocking.

Ohh dear ! Let's not have any independent thinking and a a management job in the Green Bay Packers Organization. Organization..puuuufffftt ! What an incredible joke.

TT and MM. Frankly ....we all suffer their tunnel vision. Some or most of you simply are more tolerant of that. Your different and that's what makes the world spin. Frankly all the signs are still there. Those two men actually believe they have it under control. It appears that we can look forward to the Same Ole - Same Ole. The frustration of that as a die hard Green Bay Packer fan is a challenge. I expect that we'll all and together survive that challenge. ;-)

I hope I'm mistaken. That TT and MM will snap to reality. I'd be one of the last members here. That would step up and offer faith that'll be the case. These two men are a indeed clearly real piece's of work. Their acting so fricken Co-dependent now and "don't anyone dare step out of line" ...it's over the top obvious and sickening.

At least Kevin Greene diplomatically escaped it. I'm thinking that he wasn't the sort that puts up with eating canned BULLSHIT.

The way that is I don't have a lot of faith that the other problems will sort themselves out. If those fellas don't get their heads out of the sand. Don't take their blinders off and get to some common sense and the Packers Defense.

We all can forget Aaron Rodgers and another Super Bowl. As TT and MM are. That's just a pipe dream and too many here accept that and I don't. I refuse to accept the Packers performance in the playoffs over the 2011-13 seasons. A 1-3 record SUCKS !

As long as I can still write the following...that means I'm still breathing TEAM PACKERS and that inspite of the ways of TT and MM.

GO PACK GO !

LEWCWA
01-23-2014, 06:08 AM
I could get on board with that, but still think if eddie lacy wasn't a gbp the record would have still been the same.

gbgary
01-23-2014, 10:18 AM
MVP to me kinda means player to have the best year (even though we all know AR is our most valuable player he missed half the season) so I give it to Lacy with Crosby getting an honorable mention along with Jordy.

Guiness
01-23-2014, 01:56 PM
MVP to me kinda means player to have the best year (even though we all know AR is our most valuable player he missed half the season) so I give it to Lacy with Crosby getting an honorable mention along with Jordy.

That sums it up well - we've had so many discussions around here about the NFL being such a QB centric league that if you take the definition literally, starting QB has to be the MVP for every team in the league*.

I like your slant, but would eliminate Jordy - he largely disappeared while AR was gone, with only 1 game over 100 yards receiving. Granted that's at least as much on the QBs as him, but it is what it is. Lacy produced with or without a passing game, and Crosby was money all season long.

I'd like to nominate a candidate from the defense, but just don't see anyone that stands way out. Daniels and his 6.5 sacks even though he was barely a starter was good. Similarly, Jolly had a great season, he has to be the shoo-in for Packer's comeback player of the year. Shields played well but no one on that side of the ball stood out, IMO.

* except for maybe Chicago. But their MVP was the backup QB :taunt:

mraynrand
01-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Tramon came on strong at the end. One of the very few playmakers on defense. Lacy is a good choice for MVP. I would bet that's who the players will select.

Guiness
01-23-2014, 04:40 PM
Tramon came on strong at the end. One of the very few playmakers on defense. Lacy is a good choice for MVP. I would bet that's who the players will select.

Was going to mention Tramon but figured I'd get jumped on by the legion of haters he has here. Almost as bad as saying nice things about Bush lately!

gbgary
01-24-2014, 07:25 PM
I like your slant, but would eliminate Jordy - he largely disappeared while AR was gone, with only 1 game over 100 yards receiving. Granted that's at least as much on the QBs as him, but it is what it is.

jordy was our number one wr most of the season with cobb missing so much of the season. he started every game, didn't get injured. i don't penalize him for not having a quality qb throwing to him. tramon had a terrific 2nd half of the season. looks like he finally got past the shoulder thing. i hope they keep him. no hate from this corner.

woodbuck27
01-24-2014, 10:30 PM

Yes.

gbgary
02-02-2014, 09:02 AM
@PackerReport: Writing @JordyRNelson story for cover of magazine. Was only player in NFL to catch two-thirds of passes and have even 1,080 receiving yards.

@PackerReport: Nelson was only wide receiver with two-thirds catch rate and eight TDs.

Pugger
02-02-2014, 09:13 AM

I'm hoping this is a sign he is back to his old self. We sure could use a good veteran back there along with a vet safety.

Pugger
02-02-2014, 09:15 AM
But yes, it all depends upon how we define MVP. The most valuable player on the roster is Rodgers, obviously. So maybe we should call it best player in 2013? In this case it is easily Lacy.

woodbuck27
02-02-2014, 08:42 PM
The 2013 Season Green Bay Packers is easily Eddie Lacy.

The runner up is IMO opinion is actually a kicker ...Mason Crosby.

That's just the kind of season 2013 was.

GO PACK GO !