PDA

View Full Version : Talked to the Vikes' new DC

NewsBruin
01-20-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm in the rental-car line with George Edwards at Mobile Airport. Good guy. Friendly. We're stranded, waiting for more cars to arrive. Says he's been coming here for 13 years. Already deflected one person trying to get his son an intern position on the staff.

Also, show up early to the car kiosks during Senior Bowl week.

pbmax
01-20-2014, 01:26 PM
Fantastic sighting. If you can, tell him Allen, Williams and Henderson are all clearly headed downhill and should be replaced by rookies.

Carolina_Packer
01-20-2014, 01:27 PM
NB, that's pretty cool. Are you going to the Senior Bowl? I've wanted to go see it, and now that my son is into pro prospects, we might some year.

About 10 years ago I met then Ravens front-office exec. Phil Savage, who was a really cool dude. He was with Ozzie Newsome and Brian Billick, whom I didn't get to meet as they were working out the car rental while Phil was getting the luggage. I asked him what brought them out to the Bay area where I happened to be vacationing at the time and he said they were going to work out Kyle Boller whom they picked #19 in the draft the next month after that. Pretty neat when people like that are accessible.

mraynrand
01-20-2014, 01:48 PM
NB, that's pretty cool. Are you going to the Senior Bowl? I've wanted to go see it, and now that my son is into pro prospects, we might some year.

About 10 years ago I met then Ravens front-office exec. Phil Savage, who was a really cool dude. He was with Ozzie Newsome and Brian Billick, whom I didn't get to meet as they were working out the car rental while Phil was getting the luggage. I asked him what brought them out to the Bay area where I happened to be vacationing at the time and he said they were going to work out Kyle Boller whom they picked #19 in the draft the next month after that. Pretty neat when people like that are accessible.

That worked out well. Boller, and then later, Brady Quinn. Could you see the future player personnel greatness, or did he just look like a normal loser?

Carolina_Packer
01-20-2014, 06:36 PM
Interesting, I mentioned having met Phil Savage in my previous post. Looks like he's the executive director of the Senior Bowl:

http://www.seniorbowl.com/staff.php

HarveyWallbangers
01-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Fantastic sighting. If you can, tell him Allen, Williams and Henderson are all clearly headed downhill and should be replaced by rookies.

Which Henderson? Erin? If so, he's terrible. And the other two are headed downhill. Is this reverse psychology?

pbmax
01-20-2014, 08:18 PM
Which Henderson? Erin? If so, he's terrible. And the other two are headed downhill. Is this reverse psychology?

Yep.

smuggler
01-21-2014, 04:20 AM
Is this reverse psychology?

YOU'D LIKE TO THINK THAT, WOULDN'T YOU!?

run pMc
01-21-2014, 11:08 AM

I say talk him into resigning them to 120% of their last contract.