PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs. Bengals Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Rastak
08-28-2006, 11:02 PM
[Nice drop....

Rastak
08-28-2006, 11:03 PM
Great match but I gotta crash.....enjoy...I'll have to TIVO the end.....

VegasPackFan
08-28-2006, 11:04 PM
I'm SO CONFUSED :shock:

What the fuck is a duece?

Its something you drop into the bowl of your toilet while sitting on it.

In light of the previos definition, also could be used to describe a certain team's showing in a prime time pre-season game, or what I think about game threads being taken over by tennis commentary.

Partial
08-28-2006, 11:05 PM
this is intense

BF4MVP
08-28-2006, 11:06 PM
or what I think about game threads being taken over by tennis commentary.
Apparently the tennis talk is rubbing some the wrong way....What's so bad about off-topic posts?

BF4MVP
08-28-2006, 11:06 PM
1-0

Partial
08-28-2006, 11:07 PM
BF, I've gotta work tomorrow so I am going to bow out, sorry to leave you hangin' man! Have a goodnight!!

BF4MVP
08-28-2006, 11:08 PM
BF, I've gotta work tomorrow so I am going to bow out, sorry to leave you hangin' man! Have a goodnight!!
You too! I gotta work too, so I may go to bed now...Put the TV on sleep mode haha

GrnBay007
Apparently the tennis talk is rubbing some the wrong way....What's so bad about off-topic posts?

Nothings wrong with it BF4, but you guys all know where it belongs, so why act this way? Just make a thread in RR and talk all the tennis u want.

GBRulz

BF, the point is that a few people were obviously not thrilled with reading about tennis in the game day thread. How about the people trying to catch up on all the posts? Do you really think they want to read about it?

If people speak out about it, have the courtesy to take your OT talk to the RR.

Partial
08-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Partial, did you miss my question the first time? asking if it's a coincidence or u just acting out? Several people asked you to take the tennis talk to RR. What's up?

Not to be a pain, but seriously, how many times have threads gotten off topic and allowed to continue. As far as I know, the policy is if there is any relevance to football in the thread let it stay. I don't see why this isn't the case here.

Partial
08-28-2006, 11:27 PM

BF, the point is that a few people were obviously not thrilled with reading about tennis in the game day thread. How about the people trying to catch up on all the posts? Do you really think they want to read about it?

If people speak out about it, have the courtesy to take your OT talk to the RR.

There was more than 5 people discussing tennis. More than football for a part of it. The game was delayed, we got into another discussion and kept having it. No harm no foul.

GrnBay007
08-28-2006, 11:31 PM
One poster asked the tennis talk be taken some place else. The request was ignored. Well actually I think it was you that said you were talking tennis during the game delay. So then the game starts back up. I ask...it was ignored. GBR said something, ignored. ...an then one other poster. I would just think common courtesy would kick in after something was said that many times.

Don't take me for a fool, I think we both know what was going on.

Partial
08-28-2006, 11:35 PM
I think you're really overthinking it. I think there was a good tennis match on. We were discussing it. If we continued to ignore it, you had the option of branching all the tennis posts off into a new thread. There is no sense in arguing this. It was a gameday thread, and we were discussing the game, a slew of us got into another topic. Why single out me? Why worry about it to begin with, ask mad he runs this place in a very relaxed manner.

GrnBay007
08-28-2006, 11:38 PM
lol I'd be happy to explain more in PM but this thread is no place for it.

HarveyWallbangers
08-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Way to go A Train!

alquaal
08-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Fuck Andre Faggotsissy. Grow a pair you tennis twats or take it elsewhere. Loosen up that sweater around your neck you might get some blood to your brain and start thinking. Packerrats not Twinkletoes! Just pushing buttons but I really hate tennis and really know very little about it (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Bretsky
08-29-2006, 12:14 AM
guy has a ton of heart

HarveyWallbangers
08-29-2006, 12:30 AM
guy has a ton of heart

One of the best in history. He played when perhaps the best ever (Pete Sampras) was in his prime, but managed to sipphon off 8 majors (on all 4 surfaces)--unlike Tig'ers "rivals" in golf. He's been to 7 other finals in majors, but Pete stopped him a lot of the times. In 16 seasons Agassi finished in the top 10. He also won a Gold Medal, and ranks as probably the second best Davis Cup player in history--behind John McEnroe. At one point, he won 15 consecutive Davis Cup matches and led the USA to three titles.

Partial
08-29-2006, 07:29 AM
guy has a ton of heart

One of the best in history. He played when perhaps the best ever (Pete Sampras) was in his prime, but managed to sipphon off 8 majors (on all 4 surfaces)--unlike Tig'ers "rivals" in golf. He's been to 7 other finals in majors, but Pete stopped him a lot of the times. In 16 seasons Agassi finished in the top 10. He also won a Gold Medal, and ranks as probably the second best Davis Cup player in history--behind John McEnroe. At one point, he won 15 consecutive Davis Cup matches and led the USA to three titles.

He definitely represents the end of US tennis dominating. What do they have now? Andy Roddick? Give me a break! Federer is the best in the history of tennis now, and Nadal, while incredibly overrated, will continue to be a thorn in his side. That's sad when you think about it. I remember all the great US open show downs between Sampras and Agassi in my youth. Man, those were the days.

chewy-bacca
08-29-2006, 07:33 AM
not for nothing, you could have made a new topic for tennis. That way the game post is about the game, and an "OT" for tennis, Would have made more sence.

I agree, people looking through for game info. and getting lost in tennis comments would kinda suck.

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:25 AM
not for nothing, you could have made a new topic for tennis. That way the game post is about the game, and an "OT" for tennis, Would have made more sence.

I agree, people looking through for game info. and getting lost in tennis comments would kinda suck.

Seriously, this is getting a little old. The game had a 40 minute delay. Many people don't leave this thread at all during the game. The people discussing the tennis outside of RG were the ones posting in the thread all game, I think they can discuss what they want. Time to get over it!

chewy-bacca
08-29-2006, 08:37 AM
What ever man. All Im sayin is we have the ablity to make new topics for a reason. Its not cool to "hijack" a topic just b\c your board with it.

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:39 AM
Well, my suggestion is blame the weather!

GBRulz
08-29-2006, 08:40 AM

Seriously, this is getting a little old. The game had a 40 minute delay. Many people don't leave this thread at all during the game. The people discussing the tennis outside of RG were the ones posting in the thread all game, I think they can discuss what they want. Time to get over it!

It's suddenly "time to get over it" because a few opinions differ than yours?"

Do you realize that some people actually watch the game and don't come here to post, yet maybe they want to read to thread to catch up on others opinions?

It's the lack of respect that you and a couple others had when asked by several people, including a mod, to take it to another thread.

Don't blame it on the rain delay, either...you were blabbing out for people to turn to USA even before the rain delay.

I'm not calling you out personally, Partial. I like you. I just don't like when posters can't respect each other and that is what this is clearly about.

chewy-bacca
08-29-2006, 08:45 AM
BF you a tennis player?

7:40 PM...less than an hour in to the game.....as I recall the rain happend with about 7 mins. left in the game.

I really dont care, Im just pointing out that another topic would have been better.

Green Bud Packer
08-29-2006, 08:55 AM
ignorance is a shackle of youth.

mission
08-29-2006, 09:05 AM
all i know is ive just wasted five minutes looking for some football talk in this thread...

go somewhere else and talk about tennis. what's the point anyway? wow it's 4-2 now... ok? if you're both watching it then id guess that you both know it's 4-2.

Partial
08-29-2006, 09:16 AM
all i know is ive just wasted five minutes looking for some football talk in this thread...

go somewhere else and talk about tennis. what's the point anyway? wow it's 4-2 now... ok? if you're both watching it then id guess that you both know it's 4-2.

What's the point of reading 64 pages of nonsense and bitching about how bad the Packers look in every facet of the game? No one shined. The score says it all. That's all you need to see. I don't think we were in the wrong. I see nothing wrong with switching the discussion for a 40 minute delay. Turns out what we switched to was 1000000x more exciting than the actual game. If I was still a mod, I'd have created a new thread and transferred the posts, but alas thats not my call.

Partial
08-29-2006, 09:17 AM

Furthermore, if we're going to complain about this are we going to complain about every other OT thread that goes on within these football threads? There is no sense in making that argument. It happens from time to time.

chewy-bacca
08-29-2006, 09:21 AM
geezz, wonder why your no longer a mod?

Rastak
08-29-2006, 09:21 AM

It's suddenly "time to get over it" because a few opinions differ than yours?"

Do you realize that some people actually watch the game and don't come here to post, yet maybe they want to read to thread to catch up on others opinions?

It's the lack of respect that you and a couple others had when asked by several people, including a mod, to take it to another thread.

Don't blame it on the rain delay, either...you were blabbing out for people to turn to USA even before the rain delay.

I'm not calling you out personally, Partial. I like you. I just don't like when posters can't respect each other and that is what this is clearly about.

Well, I hereby apologize for talking tennis in the football thread....the game was so out of hand it didn't cross my mind folks would get upset.
I normally wouldn't do that but it was a blowout and the game actually got suspended for a time. I do see your point...I know I wasn;t trying to be a pain and I seriously doubt BF4MVP and Patrial were either.

chewy-bacca
08-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Why is this troll so dam nice!!!! :mad: :razz:

ChicagoPackerFan
08-29-2006, 09:28 AM
The tennis talk ruined the thread.

It wasn't like there was nothing to talk about. The Packers played really bad, there should've been plenty of topics to discuss.

Rastak
08-29-2006, 09:29 AM

It wasn't like there was nothing to talk about. The Packers played really bad, there should've been plenty of topics to discuss.

It was a helluva match.....ops! I did it again........ :roll:

Partial
08-29-2006, 09:38 AM

Examples? This is a real time game thread, if you want to discuss individual players it probably isn't the best place to begin with. I am seriously sick of this lame, bandwagon excuse. If 45 pages of saying god the packers suck isn't enough for you, let me know and I will spam 20 more pages for you to make up for it.

edit - Or, if you'd like I can go edit every tennis post and replace it with a senseless paragraph about the packers with the words rain delay written into every one.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-29-2006, 09:42 AM
fight fight fight :mrgreen:

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Seriously though, it really wasn't that big of a deal for them to talk about tennis. If you didn't like that they were talking about tennis you could of just ingored the thread. I didn't like the tennis talk because I know nothing about it, so I just went to bed.

mission
08-29-2006, 09:47 AM
partial: i think it's just that not everyone is actively posting in the thread as the game is going on. i come into work today and wanted to read up on some of the stuff happening as i caught about half the game on TV last night. so far that, it's hard to find any archived content.

and tbh, ill occasionally read a post or two within a thread that's a bit off topic (talking about chicks or beer or whatever) but i never think it's an intentional thread hijack and people are often quick to take their conversation offline or to private messaging.

either way, it's not as big of a deal as people are making it but it's really hard to argue against keeping the packer game thread the packer game thread. whether they were getting schooled or not. it's like arguing with my girlfriend... sometimes, i swear, she argues with me just to argue even though she knows full on that she doesn't have much of a point (and hey, i guess i probably do it to her sometimes too).

:razz:

HarveyWallbangers
08-29-2006, 10:20 AM
I think a lot of people are being kind of petty here. Numerous threads morph into other topics--often non-football related. This was a mammoth thread that veered off. It's not like he started a tennis thread in the Packers forum. If people weren't interested, the conversation would have died off. You can always skip the tennis posts.

Invariably, when you have a thread with 64 pages of posts, not all posts are going to be related to the thread's subject. From past history, the game day threads, the draft threads, etc. often do this.

MadtownPacker
08-29-2006, 10:47 AM
The opinions of Packers fans are never petty at PackerRats and had the game been over (clockwise) then yes the thread is done with and can drift off into whatever. But the game was still going so trying to turn it into a tennis thread was rude.

Rastak has shown his class like always. Maybe others should follow his example?

Partial
08-29-2006, 10:52 AM
The opinions of Packers fans are never petty at PackerRats and had the game been over (clockwise) then yes the thread is done with and can drift off into whatever. But the game was still going so trying to turn it into a tennis thread was rude.

No, I don't think it was an issue and I think you're wrong. There was a 40 minute delay. We jumped to that. The packers were down 41-3 at this point. It's hypocritical because half the people against it were discussing tennis. If they wanted to move the thread, they had the power to do that. policies have to be set in stone, they cannot float back and forth depending on who does what. This happens at least 10 times a day, and you elect to criticize it once.

Site policy has always been if there is any football at all in a thread, leave it in the packer forum. Therefore, I don't see what the problem is other than people were offended. If they were offended, then I am sorry for that, but I don't think its right or reasonable.

Partial
08-29-2006, 11:06 AM
New lesson learned: Just like HH and JSR, you mess with the boss, you get shit canned. It's been fun fellas, I am been informed that I am banned for "posting personal information" I have screen shots to back it up.

HarveyWallbangers
08-29-2006, 11:10 AM
New lesson learned: Just like HH and JSR, you mess with the boss, you get shit canned. It's been fun fellas, I am been informed that I am banned for "posting personal information" I have screen shots to back it up.

What personal info did you post?

GBRulz
08-29-2006, 11:17 AM
partial, mad is one of the fairest people out there. Him and I disagree on some things, but you don't see me banned, do you? Oh wait, maybe because I didn't start a drama thread about it and get everyone else involved.

Stop using the damn rain delay as an excuse. If that is what the talk turned to during the rain delay, people wouldn't have cared. but you started the talk BEFORE the rain delay and then even after the game came back on you continued, even after being asked not to. Your argument holds no water.

I have no clue what this posting of personal information is all about, but I am the last person who you can expect to get you an ounce of sympathy from in that dept.

chewy-bacca
08-29-2006, 11:17 AM
It's not like he started a tennis thread in the Packers forum.

imho, that would have been better. I fliped to speed ch. at half time, but I didnt feel the need to post about "Unique Whips":lol:

and as far as him being banned, that a lil harsh.

jack's smirking revenge
08-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Are we forgetting what this place is?

A DISCUSSION FORUM!

Sometimes, the discussion veers off in different directions depending on who is involved with the discussion and what direction a conversation takes. A conversation veering off to talk about tennis or movies or Paris Hilton's virginity within the same thread is no worse than 20 people saying the exact same thing about a Packer activity. It is all chatter. If you don't like part of the chatter, tune out. For instance, when I was sitting at a table with other Packer Rats posters watching the Packer game a few weeks ago, most of the conversation was about the game that was on. But there were commercials and there were lulls in the action. The conversation veered in other directions, like music or movies or etc. Should we have taken THAT to another table? No. If people at our table wanted to get involved, they were more than welcome. Mostly, people did. Or they tuned out.

I agree with Harv. People are being far too petty. I was part of this thread last night during the game and I chose to ignore the tennis talk. It didn't bother me as I understand not all of the talk on a 60-page "OFFICIAL GAME THREAD" will be about the Pack.

Why is it so hard for people in forums to ignore those things they don't want to participate in? This place won't entertain or stimulate you 100% of the time. Tune out if you don't like it. Otherwise, come up with laws and guidelines so people can decide whether or not they want to be a part of the conversation.

There is no set etiquette for a forum conversation. Chatter tends to veer off-topic. That's the nature of conversation. Seriously, if you guys want to impose something around what you can or cannot say in a thread, you're going to push A LOT of people out of here.

tyler

Rastak
08-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Are we forgetting what this place is?

A DISCUSSION FORUM!

Sometimes, the discussion veers off in different directions depending on who is involved with the discussion and what direction a conversation takes. A conversation veering off to talk about tennis or movies or Paris Hilton's virginity within the same thread is no worse than 20 people saying the exact same thing about a Packer activity. It is all chatter. If you don't like part of the chatter, tune out. For instance, when I was sitting at a table with other Packer Rats posters watching the Packer game a few weeks ago, most of the conversation was about the game that was on. But there were commercials and there were lulls in the action. The conversation veered in other directions, like music or movies or etc. Should we have taken THAT to another table? No. If people at our table wanted to get involved, they were more than welcome. Mostly, people did. Or they tuned out.

I agree with Harv. People are being far too petty. I was part of this thread last night during the game and I chose to ignore the tennis talk. It didn't bother me as I understand not all of the talk on a 60-page "OFFICIAL GAME THREAD" will be about the Pack.

Why is it so hard for people in forums to ignore those things they don't want to participate in? This place won't entertain or stimulate you 100% of the time. Tune out if you don't like it. Otherwise, come up with laws and guidelines so people can decide whether or not they want to be a part of the conversation.

There is no set etiquette for a forum conversation. Chatter tends to veer off-topic. That's the nature of conversation. Seriously, if you guys want to impose something around what you can or cannot say in a thread, you're going to push A LOT of people out of here.

tyler

Actually I'm one of the offenders but I agree with GBRulz....we really should stopped but I also agree it isn't that big a deal....I sure as heck wouldn't ban Partial over it. Next time I won't do it, then again, I'll be missing quite a few game threads this year due to conflicts with other games I plan to watch live......

chewy-bacca
08-29-2006, 11:32 AM
tyler, why dont you put "tyler" in your sig? then you wont have to put it in every time.

jack's smirking revenge
08-29-2006, 11:36 AM
tyler, why dont you put "tyler" in your sig? then you wont have to put it in every time.

Personal preference. I believe a post is more genuine when it is actually signed and not automatically signed. To me, the signature block is for all sorts of things--banners, quotes, facts, etc. The auto sig is like the footer of stationery.

Plus, you always know it is from me and not some hacker/imposter.

Thanks for asking...

tyler

chewy-bacca
08-29-2006, 11:36 AM
There is no set etiquette for a forum conversation.

I disagree. there are unspoken "rules" for everthing.

its easier to ignore a topic than it is to roll over post after post that dont apply to what you are trying to talk about.

I see stuff like this a lot on the other boards I go on, and people get told whats up. Just like this. thats how "etiquette" becomes.

GBRulz
08-29-2006, 11:37 AM
Actually I'm one of the offenders but I agree with GBRulz....we really should stopped but I also agree it isn't that big a deal....I sure as heck wouldn't ban Partial over it. Next time I won't do it, then again, I'll be missing quite a few game threads this year due to conflicts with other games I plan to watch live......

So, are you saying that we still need to work on pulling you out of the closet? I know there is a Packer fan wanting to get out from under the purple! :wink:

Oh and mad said something about Partial posting personal information as to why he got banned, not because of the tennis talk. I have no idea what that is all about, but if he did post personal info, he sure the hell should be banned.

chewy-bacca
08-29-2006, 11:39 AM
personal info

you mean nudy pics? :lol:

jack's smirking revenge
08-29-2006, 11:45 AM
There is no set etiquette for a forum conversation.

I disagree. there are unspoken "rules" for everthing.

its easier to ignore a topic than it is to roll over post after post that dont apply to what you are trying to talk about.

I see stuff like this a lot on the other boards I go on, and people get told whats up. Just like this. thats how "etiquette" becomes.

If they are unspoken or unwritten, then they are rules that do not need to be conformed to and are not rules that necessarily need to be followed. Or, at very least, they are rules that are up to an individual to decide whether or not they apply.

That's the problem with this country--there are too many laws, too many rules. The more rules that exist, the more ways there are to evade them. There's only one that counts: do unto others.

And I disagree with you about the post comment. Are you advocating legislation of what people can or can't say within a conversation?

tyler

chewy-bacca
08-29-2006, 12:07 PM
I mean like polite things :roll: .....you can say what ever, but if it dont fit the topic, its out of line.

Whats so hard about hitting that button that say "new topic" and then going off on a tennis tirade.

If there are no unwritten rules, I guess you never hold doors for women, or let ppl out of an elevator b4 you get on. Or let someone out in traffic. its called common sence. the people that dont understand how a board works dont seem to have any.

Im not talking cencorship. I guess I change topic subjects to things I like from now on.

jack's smirking revenge
08-29-2006, 12:17 PM
I mean like polite things :roll: .....you can say what ever, but if it dont fit the topic, its out of line.

Whats so hard about hitting that button that say "new topic" and then going off on a tennis tirade.

If there are no unwritten rules, I guess you never hold doors for women, or let ppl out of an elevator b4 you get on. Or let someone out in traffic. its called common sence. the people that dont understand how a board works dont seem to have any.

Im not talking cencorship. I guess I change topic subjects to things I like from now on.

Well, there are "written" rules of etiquette and good manners, for sure. Not common sense, but courtesy and chivalry. They're both well-documented. I know of what you speak. I do all of those things because I have educated myself on them.

But discussion forum etiquette? How do you legislate what someone can or cannot say in a conversation? Use my bar analogy for a second: would you honestly tell someone that you're hanging out with to "shut up, that's off-topic?" Conversation is a fluid thing. Sometimes it goes the way you want it to and sometimes you have to talk about shit that you don't want to. If you tune out the person you're conversing with because the conversation goes a direction that you don't like, THAT is rude.

I do see your "New Topic" point though and agree that it could've been taken to the RR. But Partial wasn't "required" by conventional etiquette to do so. Using the bar analogy again, he was just taking the chatter in a different direction with group of people that were watching the game. It was a VERY boring game and not much positive for Packer fans to talk about. If the topic had veered off into music or movies, I would've went there. But it went into tennis, something I haven't been interested in since Agassi had long hair.

So you're telling me that if the conversation had veered off into talking about what Mark Chmura is up to now, instead of strictly talking about the game at hand, that you would've told him to take it to the RR?

Be reasonable. You didn't want to talk about tennis and got annoyed that there was a conversation going on during the game about tennis. If the conversation was something else other than tennis, you may have participated.

tyler

MJZiggy
08-29-2006, 01:48 PM
I've been reading this debate for some pages, and it seems to me that the reason people were offended that this thread went off course was because it was a live game thread and for no other reason. Couldn't we all just agree to keep the Official Game Thread on topic no matter what and if you want to talk about tennis, or anything not related to the game (except perhaps the amount of beer you're consuming while watching it) you take it to another thread? We veer off topic all the time but I've never seen a game thread diverge before. What do you guys think?

Partial
08-29-2006, 02:01 PM
How is discussing how much beer you had any different than discussing whats on another channel?

Having 1 post asking if someone plays tennis after someone made a comment with the score, and someone else makes a comment saying "whoo hoo" or "way to go" is not different.

As to the tennis chatter getting in the way of the game, then don't read it. Their were maybe 20 tennis posts before the delay. Just updates, and maybe a few questions amongst friends.

If you are going to bitch and moan about this, then start bitching and moaning about every off-topic post in every thread, because there is no difference.

Furthermore, as to be it being a "live" game thread, so what? Their were off-topic posts in every single "live" game threads. So this one went a little further than most? So what, that means people who enjoying and engaged in the conversation. How can you blame people for that?

MJZiggy
08-29-2006, 02:56 PM
The point people were trying to make was that they were not enjoying it. I can fully appreciate those who do not post during games and want to catch up at halftime or after. I happen to be one of them who can't post and watch at the same time.

You may not think game threads are different, but I've never seen this type of reaction from a non-game thread going awry. I think they are different. Fine then, let's not talk about how much you're drinking to numb the pain in the game thread either.

Partial
08-29-2006, 03:35 PM
Has anyone else noticed the irony of it all within this thread? :lol:

MJZiggy
08-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Cut it out. I'm trying to make peace here. :cool:

jack's smirking revenge
08-29-2006, 04:47 PM

Also, it has to do with "Fight Club". Jack's Smirking Revenge is a line that the character Tyler Durden quotes in the movie from a journal written in the first person from the perspective of an organ or emotion. If you've seen that movie, you know what I mean. It's a complicated mix of schizophrenic personalities.

I am not actually Jack's Smirking Revenge; I am Tyler Durden, echoing the words of a madman.

tyler

Scott Campbell
08-29-2006, 06:49 PM

Does that mean we have to buy a Viking jersey, and root for Sharper again?

MJZiggy
08-29-2006, 06:57 PM
Don't say things like that to me right after dinner. Ugh.

Rastak
08-29-2006, 07:10 PM

Does that mean we have to buy a Viking jersey, and root for Sharper again?

I'll give you my Culpepper jersey Scott....

hurleyfan
08-29-2006, 07:16 PM
I guess I owe everyone an apology as I think I was the guy that started with the tennis updates.. Certainly didn't want to piss anyone off, just I was totally disgusted with what I saw from the Pack....

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Are we still on this? Lets fotget about it and move on...............

Scott Campbell
08-29-2006, 07:23 PM
The thread disintegrated much like the team. I think we just blame the whole thing on McCarthy and move on.

hurleyfan
08-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Promise I won't veer for the OFFICIAL game thread ever again :sad:

GrnBay007
08-29-2006, 07:44 PM

lol lets not go overboard :wink: We all know topics can get off track very easily. The gripe with the t talk was that 1) it went 11+ pages (more than a bit off track) and 2) at least 4 people asked that the t talk go elsewhere and were ignored.

rastak and hurley thanks for owning your part....takes a big man, you know? great posters you two. (ras will be greater when he accepts the green and gold into his heart)

Lets not dwell on it and let the whole thing die. Friday will be a better game! :razz:

Joemailman
08-29-2006, 08:00 PM
I was one of the people who asked the tennis talk be moved to the Romper Room, but let's not turn this into World War III. In fact, I was just thinking:

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
O, Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life

hurleyfan
08-29-2006, 08:19 PM

lol lets not go overboard :wink: We all know topics can get off track very easily. The gripe with the t talk was that 1) it went 11+ pages (more than a bit off track) and 2) at least 4 people asked that the t talk go elsewhere and were ignored.

rastak and hurley thanks for owning your part....takes a big man, you know? great posters you two. (ras will be greater when he accepts the green and gold into his heart)

Lets not dwell on it and let the whole thing die. Friday will be a better game! :razz:

GrnBay007, thanks ...

I'm sure Ras & I (me for sure! & let's not forgt Partial!! )did not intend any harm and even though the Agassi match was more entertaining than the crap the Packers displayed, I will keep my comments on the official Game Thread on track..

BTW, I don't think Friday's game can be any worse (at least I hope so!)

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:33 PM

I notice a direct blow at me there. That's pretty ridiculous. Note the irony in your campaign to be righteous you have taken the topic further off course. Sometimes, it just doesn't pay. Yes, I am being a dick and no you shouldn't take it personally.

falco
08-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Maybe this thread should become the official packerrats FYI.

retailguy
08-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Maybe this thread should become the official packerrats FYI.

Can't yet.....

Ok, Bush Sucks, but Clinton Swallows. NOW, we can call it FYI.... :wink:

GrnBay007
08-29-2006, 09:42 PM
I notice a direct blow at me there.
That's not the case, but I would think you would at least acknowlede a little game playing last night.

That's pretty ridiculous. Note the irony in your campaign to be righteous you have taken the topic further off course. Sometimes, it just doesn't pay.
Let's just let the whole thing go. This forum deserves better than that.

Yes, I am being a dick and no you shouldn't take it personally.
I don't consider you a dick. Just a lil off track at the present moment. :wink:

Terry
08-29-2006, 09:47 PM
Ok, Bush Sucks, but Clinton Swallows. NOW, we can call it FYI.... :wink:
Yeah, Clinton Swallows and a million lives go down the tubes (pun intended). Bush sucks and only tens of thousands of lives go up in smoke (pun intended). Only thing is, they do tend to be a little older.

Partial
08-29-2006, 09:51 PM
I notice a direct blow at me there.
That's not the case, but I would think you would at least acknowlede a little game playing last night.

That's pretty ridiculous. Note the irony in your campaign to be righteous you have taken the topic further off course. Sometimes, it just doesn't pay.
Let's just let the whole thing go. This forum deserves better than that.

Yes, I am being a dick and no you shouldn't take it personally.
I don't consider you a dick. Just a lil off track at the present moment. :wink:

I'll take the high road and for the sake of not getting banned again I will stop posting in this thread, though it's already so far off topic not that it would matter anyway.

the_idle_threat
08-30-2006, 01:53 AM
This thread blows. :evil:

Partial
08-30-2006, 08:25 AM
This thread blows. :evil:

This thread rivals the draft thread!

chewy-bacca
08-30-2006, 08:30 AM
if people would stop bumping it, it might go away.....

To many trying to egg this on...silly.

Partial
08-30-2006, 09:05 AM
if people would stop bumping it, it might go away.....

To many trying to egg this on...silly.

ironically, had you kept that thought in your head there wouldn't have to be a comment on it, and thus two additional bumps and taking this thread further off topic. In my opinion, the tennis chatter is nothing compared to this garbage.