View Full Version : The Mindful Revolution

mraynrand
01-23-2014, 03:00 PM
More new age crapola? I say yes

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2163560,00.html

http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2014/1401/360_cover_0203.jpg

mraynrand
01-23-2014, 03:01 PM
Better: Welcome to...Mindhead. Wel-come...to Mindhead. Welcometomindhead. Welcome....to mindHead.

http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/tdomf/158364/welcome%20to%20mindhead.JPG

mraynrand
01-23-2014, 03:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfIXQ4rPbco

mraynrand
01-23-2014, 03:03 PM
Awesome!

http://www.top10films.co.uk/img/jiff-bowfinger.jpg

Rodgers12
01-23-2014, 10:53 PM
More new age crapola? I say yes

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2163560,00.html

I think there's a rule about posting links only, but you have got to post the whole article here. Us hippies like things free.

mraynrand
01-23-2014, 11:05 PM
I think there's a rule about posting links only, but you have got to post the whole article here. Us hippies like things free.

keepittogether

Rodgers12
01-23-2014, 11:12 PM
keepittogether

I'm sorry, I am not a subscriber and therefore I cannot access the entire article and therefore I cannot answer your question regarding crapola.

mraynrand
01-23-2014, 11:20 PM
I'm sorry, I am not a subscriber and therefore I cannot access the entire article and therefore I cannot answer your question regarding crapola.

you can read as much as I did. figure it out.

keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether

I'm Keith!

Rodgers12
01-24-2014, 12:16 AM
you can read as much as I did. figure it out.

keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether keepittogether

I'm Keith!

I guessed that's your pw, but I still need the email address to that account. I DONT wanna know it as it would be an invasion of your privacy.

Just ask Madtown for a exemption and post the article here. :)

mraynrand
01-24-2014, 09:23 AM
I guessed that's your pw, but I still need the email address to that account. I DONT wanna know it as it would be an invasion of your privacy.

Just ask Madtown for a exemption and post the article here. :)

Dude, I just read the intro that's available online:

The raisins sitting in my sweaty palm are getting stickier by the minute. They don't look particularly appealing, but when instructed by my teacher, I take one in my fingers and examine it. I notice that the raisin's skin glistens. Looking closer, I see a small indentation where it once hung from the vine. Eventually, I place the raisin in my mouth and roll the wrinkly little shape over and over with my tongue, feeling its texture. After a while, I push it up against my teeth and slice it open. Then, finally, I chew — very slowly.

I'm eating a raisin. But for the first time in my life, I'm doing it differently. I'm doing it mindfully. This whole experience might seem silly, but we're in the midst of a popular obsession with mindfulness as the secret to health and happiness — and a growing body of evidence suggests it has clear benefits. The class I'm taking is part of a curriculum called Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) developed in 1979 by Jon Kabat-Zinn, an MIT-educated scientist.

The raisin exercise reminds us how hard it has become to think about just one thing at a time. If distraction is the pre-eminent condition of our age, then mindfulness, in the eyes of its enthusiasts, is the most logical response.

To continue reading: Subscribe now or Log-In

If you can't tell this is horse hockey from reading that blurb, I've got a bridge to sell you.

BTW, all the other stuff is from the movie "Bowfinger" - a weird, funny little gem of a movie. Just remember, you MUST NOT show it to the Laker Girls.

SkinBasket
01-24-2014, 10:14 AM
These are the people who NEED to be punched in the face. So they might thoughtfully experience "how it feels."

More assholes solving problems they've created for themselves. Fucking jackoffs can't put down their fucking phone, twittering, facebooking, candy crushing, taking selfies, sending 195 texts/hr - 90% of which are emoticons or a jumbled group of letters that represent an equally useless cliched phrase, getting to yoga class after grabbing a grass smoothie so they can live tweet what position they're in, checking in on their left wing blogs, looking at cat videos, reading fucking moronic, "self-enlightening" TIME article headlines so they sound smarter when they casually mention it while having $25 martinis with their friends and arguing about who's the most like Miranda, who's got the best shoes, the most awesome watch, and explaining why they're excited about Google Glass even though they would never wear one - until everyone else is, and then tell everyone how they were one of the first.

Then they look at a motherfucking raisin long enough to understand it's a fruit that grew on a plant and it has a taste and they repress their need for 10 seconds to check their iphone app for how many calories it has and whether it's gluten free or not while they actually pay attention to what's in their mouth, and this is a "mindful revolution?" Focusing on what the fuck you're doing? Only to these fucking people. Jesus fucking christ, it's no wonder our government, economy, military, our social structures and religious institutions are in shambles. That the kind of "mindful" idiots who read TIME think that thinking is some kind of new, novel concept explains a lot.

The Chinese nuking our cities would be a godsend at this point.

SkinBasket
01-24-2014, 10:18 AM
TFRMD, rand.

mraynrand
01-24-2014, 10:48 AM
TFRMD = thanks for ruining my day?

Watch Bowfinger, you will feel better.

Kit: "Where's my hastalavista?"

Kit: "White boys always get the Oscar. It's a known fact. Did I ever get a nomination? No! You know why? Cause I hadn't played any of them slave roles, and get my ass whipped. That's how you get the nomination. A black dude who plays a slave that gets his ass whipped gets the nomination, a white guy who plays an idiot gets the Oscar. That's what I need, I need to play a retarded slave, then I'll get the Oscar."

Robert K. Bowfinger: Think of this as an errand. Your errand is to run across the freeway until I yell, "Cut!"

SkinBasket
01-24-2014, 11:09 AM
TFRMD = thanks for ruining my day?

I knew it. You're one of them!

mraynrand
01-24-2014, 11:11 AM
I knew it. You're one of them!

I googled it, and then had to guess. I was hoping it was something from Bowfinger.

HowardRoark
01-24-2014, 11:51 AM
Are we sure they are referring to a raisin in this lusty vignette?

Didn't Time go bankrupt?

mraynrand
01-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Didn't Time go bankrupt?

Intellectually? yes
Morally? yes

MJZiggy
01-24-2014, 07:06 PM

If you can't tell this is horse hockey from reading that blurb, I've got a bridge to sell you.

BTW, all the other stuff is from the movie "Bowfinger" - a weird, funny little gem of a movie. Just remember, you MUST NOT show it to the Laker Girls.

I hate raisins.

Rodgers12
01-24-2014, 07:42 PM

You declared the article "crap" simply by reading the intro? Boy, that's narrow-mindfulness.

I read it and it got me excited and I wanted to read the rest.

mraynrand
01-24-2014, 10:03 PM
You declared the article "crap" simply by reading the intro? Boy, that's narrow-mindfulness.

I read it and it got me excited and I wanted to read the rest.

It's yours for $599
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f0/Brooklyn_Bridge_Postdlf.jpg