PDA

View Full Version : Borland Reminds Scouts of Zach Thomas

Bretsky
01-28-2014, 07:17 PM
HMMM; do scouts read PR ? I've heard this before.........

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/242260581.html

red
01-28-2014, 08:30 PM
well they are both white

surprised he wasn't also reminiscent of hawk too

call_me_ishmael
01-28-2014, 11:16 PM
Chris Borland is a great college player and was a great Badger. Lots of fun to watch - seems like a good guy to. Don't want him on my NFL team. Way too small and slow. He is average speed in the B10, so slow in the SEC.

smuggler
01-29-2014, 12:30 AM
Zach Thomas was actually quick. Not a good comparison. I hope those bads (the scouts) are not Packer assets.

Bretsky
01-29-2014, 08:34 PM
Chris Borland is a great college player and was a great Badger. Lots of fun to watch - seems like a good guy to. Don't want him on my NFL team. Way too small and slow. He is average speed in the B10, so slow in the SEC.

not buying Borland as being slow; the combines will tell one way or the other

Bretsky
01-29-2014, 08:35 PM
Zach Thomas was actually quick. Not a good comparison. I hope those bads (the scouts) are not Packer assets.

I'm drinking the homer juice on this one; curious if you watched the Badgers a lot ? I feel Borland is quick as well and like Zach Thomas is a smash mouth FB players who plays fast

smuggler
01-30-2014, 01:20 AM
I saw him play in the Rose Bowl last season, didn't pay much attention this year, and I'm not a Badgers fan, in truth. I like that he gets dirty and will attack a pile and plays very physical. I just saw him getting pushed around by blockers and basically being forced to go around them in order to really do anything at all. Sometimes that meant he was out of position. Considering his lack of size, I feel like he'd have to be *fast* to play in the NFL as a starter. I think he's got ordinary speed, but he does have a decent first step in him and changes directions pretty well.

Maybe he developed in the 2013 season, and I just missed it. We'll see at the combine, as you say.

Patler
01-30-2014, 05:07 AM
not buying Borland as being slow; the combines will tell one way or the other

Per an article by Bob McGinn:

Borland has run 40 yards in 4.85 seconds.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/early-look-at-the-nfl-draft-b99168238z1-236899801.html