Partial
08-28-2006, 02:32 AM
Ok, I'll start!

How's it going this evening, Partial?

Partial
08-28-2006, 02:37 AM
Ok, I'll start!

How's it going this evening, Partial?

I have a pretty bad headache and cannot fall asleep for some reason. I am thinking it was the two diet moutain dews recently.

I am trying to sleep on a new memory foam pillow my girlfriend gave me for my birthday. It's really comfy and great feeling, but I am having a difficult time adjusting.

Essentailly, it's going pretty well. I have an awesome girlfriend who never seizes to amaze me with her thoughtfulness, and have one more week of working full time before its back to school.

red
08-28-2006, 06:16 AM
now, to me this looks like partial wasn't gonna get any until he said something nice about his chik

thats just how i read that

Partial
08-28-2006, 08:33 AM
now, to me this looks like partial wasn't gonna get any until he said something nice about his chik

thats just how i read that

I didn't get any either way.

Bretsky
08-28-2006, 08:36 AM
My question:

How bad is Diet Pepsi for my diet ? I've had a couple health nuts tell me it contains something that's bad for the diet and I'm addicted to some caffeine each day.

B

Partial
08-28-2006, 08:39 AM
My question:

How bad is Diet Pepsi for my diet ? I've had a couple health nuts tell me it contains something that's bad for the diet and I'm addicted to some caffeine each day.

B

Well, i've seen coke loosen rust from an autopart. I'd imagine pepsi could do the same. In that regard, i'm sure its pretty bad for your interals. From a calorie standpoint, since it's such a faint amount of ridiculously sweet sweetener, you'd have to drink a TON to notice any body composition differences.

Bretsky
08-28-2006, 08:41 AM
What will the score of tonight's game be and who will win ?

Why am I avoiding logging out and going to work ?

I kinda like this ask/answer thing

Partial
08-28-2006, 08:47 AM
What will the score of tonight's game be and who will win ?

Green Bay will win since Palmer won't play too many snaps and most of Cincinatti's good players are in Jail or being processed for jail.

I say the Packers win 24-13.

Why am I avoiding logging out and going to work ?

Ahh yes, the question none of us can ever answer. My boss gave me this answer when I asked why he switched from being a theater major to a business major. I figure it applies.

"Because I like having clothes, and food, and stuff".

I kinda like this ask/answer thing

That was my intention. I figured it'd be something new!

Zool
08-28-2006, 09:34 AM
I bought a MX410 lastnight to replace my old $10 optical mouse. Im about 30% more accurate in CS:CZ and CS:S now. Why is that?

Partial
08-28-2006, 09:41 AM
I bought a MX410 lastnight to replace my old $10 optical mouse. Im about 30% more accurate in CS:CZ and CS:S now. Why is that?

I'm a big fan of the mx510. Is that the mouse you purchased? I didn't know they made a 410. Anyway, its all mental. While I am sure the precision is higher on your new mouse, its unlikely it makes a significant difference in any application that isn't using millions upon millions of pixels.

Just 'cause I'm the tech rat doesn't mean I can only field nerdy questions guys, bring 'em on!! :mrgreen:

Zool
08-28-2006, 09:44 AM
Maybe it was MX400. Bestbuy had it for $25 so I couldnt pass it up. The aiming precision is ridiculous. It doesnt have the weird delay that I was used to with my old mouse either. That took me like an hour to get used to.

On a server with mostly CAL-O and CAL-M players I was 73-36. Thats the only thing that I changed.

Zool
08-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Mazda 6.....I'm thinking of going with this for my next vehicle. Any thoughts?

Partial
08-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Maybe it was MX400. Bestbuy had it for $25 so I couldnt pass it up. The aiming precision is ridiculous. It doesnt have the weird delay that I was used to with my old mouse either. That took me like an hour to get used to.

On a server with mostly CAL-O and CAL-M players I was 73-36. Thats the only thing that I changed.

'atta boy. I played Cal-O and a ton of OGL stuff a few years back in version 1.5. I have source but I haven't really played it as much as it deserves. Hit me up with an IP and we'll play some time!!

Partial
08-28-2006, 09:52 AM

Well, my feelings are mixed on this. The Mazda 6 is a beautiful car in its own right. I really like the design of the interior and exterior. However, it gets very poor gas mileage and is overpriced. Now the Mazda 3 is more affordable and gets better gas mileage, but has a smaller engine that may be more prone to breaking down. It's too early to judge with the 3 since they replaced the Protege what like 2-3 years ago?

Personally, as much as I'd like to keep jobs in America, i'd look long and hard at the VW biodiesel rabbit. Affordable and stylish, yet geared towards the future. Otherwise, i'd look at a Toyota or Honda for their efficiency and technology more advanced than Ford or GM.

I, too, am in the market for a car. The ol' 1997 2.4 L sunfire is on its final breath. I am really hoping I can get three more years out of this bad boy and drive it into the ground, but I have a hunch that is wishful thinking. The previous owner (my cousin) treated it like shit and it is very evident in its final days. It's death is well before its time. The Teal Tornado has treated me well, though.

Deputy Nutz
08-28-2006, 09:52 AM
If someone forced you to shove sausages up your ass, how many do you think you could get up there? Here is a hint, think back to the movie "Seven". Now you're probably thinking, is he talking about little breakfast sausages, or a Johnsonville bratwaurst. Why don't you give me the numbers on both.

Partial
08-28-2006, 09:55 AM
If someone forced you to shove sausages up your ass, how many do you think you could get up there? Here is a hint, think back to the movie "Seven". Now you're probably thinking, is he talking about little breakfast sausages, or a Johnsonville bratwaurst. Why don't you give me the numbers on both.

Well, i'm thinking if I absolutely had two, I could fit about 8 sausage links, and probably 2 brats. It'd be painful, but if you want to make an ommelette, you'v e got to break some eggs.

Zool
08-28-2006, 10:20 AM

How about a whole chorizo?

Zool
08-28-2006, 10:21 AM

'atta boy. I played Cal-O and a ton of OGL stuff a few years back in version 1.5. I have source but I haven't really played it as much as it deserves. Hit me up with an IP and we'll play some time!!

Im CAL-O in CZ this season. Havent played 1.6 in a while, but Source is kinda lame. Its a exercise in HS accuracy. If you have xfire, look me up. dbdzool

Partial
08-28-2006, 10:22 AM

How about a whole chorizo?

Well, Mad pretty much f'd me in the ass and that was about all I could take of that. So 1.

Zool
08-28-2006, 10:23 AM

Well, my feelings are mixed on this. The Mazda 6 is a beautiful car in its own right. I really like the design of the interior and exterior. However, it gets very poor gas mileage and is overpriced. Now the Mazda 3 is more affordable and gets better gas mileage, but has a smaller engine that may be more prone to breaking down. It's too early to judge with the 3 since they replaced the Protege what like 2-3 years ago?

Personally, as much as I'd like to keep jobs in America, i'd look long and hard at the VW biodiesel rabbit. Affordable and stylish, yet geared towards the future. Otherwise, i'd look at a Toyota or Honda for their efficiency and technology more advanced than Ford or GM.

I, too, am in the market for a car. The ol' 1997 2.4 L sunfire is on its final breath. I am really hoping I can get three more years out of this bad boy and drive it into the ground, but I have a hunch that is wishful thinking. The previous owner (my cousin) treated it like shit and it is very evident in its final days. It's death is well before its time. The Teal Tornado has treated me well, though.

Used the 3 and the 6 are very comperable in price. The difference being the 6cyl gets not-so-good gas mileage. I am still considering a Honda, but they are far too much money for a new one anymore. I will probably end up with another truck though. I havent owned a car in 12 years.

Partial
08-28-2006, 10:29 AM

Used the 3 and the 6 are very comperable in price. The difference being the 6cyl gets not-so-good gas mileage. I am still considering a Honda, but they are far too much money for a new one anymore. I will probably end up with another truck though. I havent owned a car in 12 years.

I don't have a lot of knowledge on the new price or used price of either car. I know the VW Rabit is supposed to run about 14k or less I believe. That's not too bad considering its a future proofed car that gets like 40+ mpg I believe.

Zool
08-28-2006, 10:35 AM
The Dashboard Confessional singer used to sing for Further Seems Forever. Why did he leave FSF to make acoustic Emo? I mean really. FSF has alot of power to their songs. DC sounds like they are crying.

Partial
08-28-2006, 10:38 AM
The Dashboard Confessional singer used to sing for Further Seems Forever. Why did he leave FSF to make acoustic Emo? I mean really. FSF has alot of power to their songs. DC sounds like they are crying.

Because EMO gets the ladies and the dollars. All the teens these days are all on myspace with their whiney emo music. That, or they are gettin' into some newer, more popular indie bands. I blame the OC myself.

Zool
08-28-2006, 10:40 AM

Because EMO gets the ladies and the dollars. All the teens these days are all on myspace with their whiney emo music. That, or they are gettin' into some newer, more popular indie bands. I blame the OC myself.

I guess. FSF has gone downhill without him, and DC makes me sit down when I pee.

Partial
08-28-2006, 10:40 AM

I guess. FSF has gone downhill without him, and DC makes me sit down when I pee.

I've never heard of the other band. I'm more of a flaming lips kind of guy

Zool
08-28-2006, 10:41 AM
http://www.purevolume.com/furtherseemsforever

Not as good as they used to be.

Partial
08-28-2006, 10:42 AM
http://www.purevolume.com/furtherseemsforever

Not as good as they used to be.

I'll have to check 'em out a little later. I'm at work so I can't really do that. I can get away with this since I am pretty discrete about it, but having audio on would give me away.

Zool
08-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Headphones. They would be mad about listening to music?

Partial
08-28-2006, 10:52 AM
Headphones. They would be mad about listening to music?

It's possible. I'm in the executive suite so i've got to keep it classy at all times.

justanotherpackfan
08-28-2006, 10:57 AM
What kind of music do you listen to? Do you pick up random chicks in the mall? Do you like cottage cheese? Red or blue? ESPN or ESPN2? Why? How? Where? What? When?

Zool
08-28-2006, 10:58 AM
IE 7 RC1 or Firefox?

Im using IE7 right now and I have to say I actually like it.

Red sauce or green sauce on Mexican food?

Nike or New Balance?

Scott Campbell
08-28-2006, 11:07 AM

Learn to use a trackball. You'll never go back.

Zool
08-28-2006, 11:12 AM

Try playing a First Person Shooter with a trackball, you will throw it out the window.

Partial
08-28-2006, 11:16 AM
What kind of music do you listen to?
Alternative Rock

Do you pick up random chicks in the mall?
Nope, i've got myself a sexy lady.

Do you like cottage cheese?
Yep, bedtime snack

Red or blue?
Red

ESPN or ESPN2?
ESPN 2, generally they have more entertaining content on there.

Partial
08-28-2006, 11:19 AM
IE 7 RC1 or Firefox?

Firefox. Best rendering engine and complies to the most standards. Personally, I like webkit browsers for my Mac. Safari is great, and the firefox team has created Camino (firefox that follows the aqua interface standards) is a great browser as we..

Im using IE7 right now and I have to say I actually like it.

Does it render PR correctly? Do a comparison between FF and that, let me know how it looks. Most sites look like garbage in IE.

Red sauce or green sauce on Mexican food?
I've never had the stones to try either. It's weird, I eat a lot of Chipotle/qdoba too. My perfect burrito is Black Beans, Chicken, 2 scoops of Mild Salsa, 1 scoop of medium, one scoop of hot, a half scoop of sour creme, a large fistful of cheese, and a boatload of lettuce. Soooo good!

Nike or New Balance?

I have New Balance running shoes, Adidas tennis shoes, and Adidas cross training shoes for general purporse stuff. Most of my work shoes are aldo or bed-stu, and by most I mean my two pair.

Partial
08-28-2006, 11:20 AM

Try playing a First Person Shooter with a trackball, you will throw it out the window.

No way, thats the way they were meant to be played. I don't like it myself, but all the old school quake 1 gamers are unbelievably good with the trackball

Zool
08-28-2006, 11:27 AM

No way, thats the way they were meant to be played. I don't like it myself, but all the old school quake 1 gamers are unbelievably good with the trackball

Let me just say that I downloaded Q-test on my 28.8 modem after writing a dialing script in Win95A. I hate to sound this nerdy, but I was at the first Quake-Con in Texas. Trackballs are not for me.

Partial
08-28-2006, 11:45 AM

Let me just say that I downloaded Q-test on my 28.8 modem after writing a dialing script in Win95A. I hate to sound this nerdy, but I was at the first Quake-Con in Texas. Trackballs are not for me.

NERD-ALERT!!!@#!@#! :razz:

justanotherpackfan
08-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Why don't you have Pete Sampras as your avatar?
Do you need a car in college?
Are you an AFC or PUA?

Partial
08-28-2006, 12:38 PM

Because Pete Sampras is overrated and retired. Agassi is playing in his final tournament and i'm rooting for him. It'd be magical to see him knock off the likes of federer and go out on top.

Does one ever need a car? I have one so I use it. No one ever needs a car in my opinion. It's a choice and a luxury, not a necessity.

Are you an AFC or PUA?

huh?

Zool
08-28-2006, 12:41 PM

Because Pete Sampras is overrated and retired. Agassi is playing in his final tournament and i'm rooting for him. It'd be magical to see him knock off the likes of federer and go out on top.

Does one ever need a car? I have one so I use it. No one ever needs a car in my opinion. It's a choice and a luxury, not a necessity.[b]

Are you an AFC or PUA?

huh?

Try having kids.

Partial
08-28-2006, 01:07 PM
No kids yet so I wouldn't no.

Definitely do not need a car in college though, unless you commute. Most college towns have a walmart that has all the goods a student would need.

justanotherpackfan
08-28-2006, 01:14 PM

Does one ever need a car? I have one so I use it. No one ever needs a car in my opinion. It's a choice and a luxury, not a necessity.

Are you an AFC or PUA?

huh?
AFC=Always Frustrated Chump
PUA=Pick up Artist

Partial
08-28-2006, 01:18 PM

Are you an AFC or PUA?

huh?
PUA=Pick up Artist

I'm more of a committed to having a good time boyfriend.

Little Whiskey
08-28-2006, 01:26 PM
what is the latin translation of "shit pile"??

Partial
08-28-2006, 01:30 PM
what is the latin translation of "shit pile"??

good question, I can't get there at work but will find out later.

justanotherpackfan
08-28-2006, 01:52 PM

Are you an AFC or PUA?

huh?
PUA=Pick up Artist

I'm more of a committed to having a good time boyfriend.
What?

Partial
08-28-2006, 01:53 PM
I have no clue what you're asking. Please clarify.

justanotherpackfan
08-28-2006, 02:04 PM
I have no clue what you're asking. Please clarify.
I can't discuss on the internet......the government is watching. :shock:

esoxx
08-28-2006, 03:03 PM
You know, this "ask any question - I'll answer" schtick was the basic premise behind the "Nutz & Boltz Variety Show". Early in the show users would question the dynamic duo on a range of topics with disturbing results. What ever happened to that show???

Partial
08-28-2006, 03:07 PM
The bolt aspect of it just moved and is quite busy I guess. That, and Nutz has become a born-again christian and gave up his hilarious ways.

jack's smirking revenge
08-28-2006, 03:13 PM
How good is Steffi Graf in bed? How does she compare to Brooke Shields?

tyler

Zool
08-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Much thinner eyebrows?

Scott Campbell
08-28-2006, 03:22 PM

tyler

Steffi has a better ball toss.

jack's smirking revenge
08-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Much thinner eyebrows?

I dunno...they both seem pretty damn bushy. You know what they say--bushy eyebrows, bushy.....

Man that's a mouthful of bush.

tyler

Badgepack
08-28-2006, 03:26 PM
What time does the game start tonight?

How much rain did you get today?

How is this years corn crop looking?

How are all the injuries to the Badgers offense going to effect the team?

How can you get oil stains out of garage floor?

Wiil the Space Shuttle launch on Tues.?

FavreChild
08-28-2006, 06:26 PM
1) Is this anything like the Bob & Brian "one question line?"

2) Isn't this just a sneaky way to pad your post count? :wink:

Partial
08-28-2006, 06:27 PM

tyler

Brook's more bendy. Steffi is more dominating.

Partial
08-28-2006, 06:30 PM
What time does the game start tonight?

7 Central

much rain did you get today?

Don't know.

How is this years corn crop looking?

Solid. I've had some delicious corn on the cobb.

How are all the injuries to the Badgers offense going to effect the team?

They won't. I'd be more concerned about the players being in jail.

How can you get oil stains out of garage floor?

Alcohol based industrial cleaner. That, or TSP industrial solvent.

Wiil the Space Shuttle launch on Tues.?
Doubtful, Ernesto is gonna wreak havoc.

Partial
08-28-2006, 06:31 PM
1) Is this anything like the Bob & Brian "one question line?"

Sure, I do love me some bob and brian! Nothing like Steve Czaban in the morning!

2) Isn't this just a sneaky way to pad your post count? :wink:

:oops:

Partial
08-28-2006, 06:33 PM
I don't know where the post went 'cause i'm not seeing it, but Shit Pile in latin is

shit congeries

FavreChild
08-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Nothing like Steve Czaban in the morning!

Do you think Steve Czaban's wife agrees with that statement?

Partial
08-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Nothing like Steve Czaban in the morning!

Do you think Steve Czaban's wife agrees with that statement?

I would have to say yes. He lost about 35 pounds recently I know. Kudos to him. Plus, who doesn't enjoy some good ol' fashion baby makin' in the morning?!?

Little Whiskey
08-28-2006, 09:27 PM
I don't know where the post went 'cause i'm not seeing it, but Shit Pile in latin is

shit congeries

gonna have to call bullshit on you partial. there is a word for shit in the latin lang. better keep looking. i would hate to have this falsehood ruin your rep.

Partial
08-28-2006, 09:41 PM

shit congeries

gonna have to call bullshit on you partial. there is a word for shit in the latin lang. better keep looking. i would hate to have this falsehood ruin your rep.

Hmm, I found an online translator. Let me find another one. Maybe it wouldn't do shit since its a dirty word? Who knows, i'll check now, better than this freakin' game

Bretsky
08-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Am I a better man for reading the Packer Gameday forum from start to finish after showing up to see I was 48 pages behind ?

Bretsky
08-28-2006, 10:44 PM
dang double

GBRulz
08-28-2006, 11:14 PM
Am I a better man for reading the Packer Gameday forum from start to finish after showing up to see I was 48 pages behind ?

well, you should be up to par on your tennis terms at least

justanotherpackfan
08-28-2006, 11:26 PM
How much will an average car cost me? Nothing flashy just something with good gas mileage. My friend convinced me I need a car for high school and college or else... So, I figured I'd start saving.

Bretsky
08-28-2006, 11:26 PM

I'm ticked because the TV is not set up in the PC room so I have to choose. So I was flipping back and forth. I'll say this though. The little tennis I flipped on was a heck of a lot more relaxing and entertaining than the asskicking I witnessed tonight.

Partial
08-28-2006, 11:29 PM
How much will an average car cost me? Nothing flashy just something with good gas mileage. My friend convinced me I need a car for high school and college or else... So, I figured I'd start saving.

Depends on a lot of factors. Talk to your parents.

Partial
08-28-2006, 11:29 PM

I'm ticked because the TV is not set up in the PC room so I have to choose. So I was flipping back and forth. I'll say this though. The little tennis I flipped on was a heck of a lot more relaxing and entertaining than the asskicking I witnessed tonight.

Atta boy

Partial
08-28-2006, 11:30 PM

Nope, just a dedicated one

Bretsky
08-28-2006, 11:38 PM

Atta boy

It's actually disgusting that I'd find more enjoyment in tennis than football. It pretty much shows how despicable we looked because I'd never watch tennis on a remotely regular basis and I'm a football fanatic.

Some of the best tennis I enjoyed watching was women's tennis when the Williams sisters would play each other back when they were dedicated.

Men's tennis has had no worthwhile rivalries for many many years so most of the time it's not worth watching

B

Partial
08-28-2006, 11:42 PM

Atta boy

It's actually disgusting that I'd find more enjoyment in tennis than football. It pretty much shows how despicable we looked because I'd never watch tennis on a remotely regular basis and I'm a football fanatic.

Some of the best tennis I enjoyed watching was women's tennis when the Williams sisters would play each other back when they were dedicated.

Men's tennis has had no worthwhile rivalries for many many years so most of the time it's not worth watching

B

What?!? Memorable rivalries?!? Federer went undefeated last year against everyone except Nadal, who he was 2-5 against! That is going to be one heck of a rivalry. Agassi is past his prime and won a battle tonight! It was a wonderful match! The end of the 2nd set was amazing!!

Bretsky
08-28-2006, 11:47 PM
I'm talking Borg Conners MAC rivalries...Samras vs. Agassi

Nadal vs. Federrer at this point bores me and for me men's tennis puts me to sleep most of the time. Maybe it will grow; I'd rather watch female tennis at this point.

the_idle_threat
08-29-2006, 01:18 AM
I always prefer to watch women's tennis! :D

Iron Mike
08-29-2006, 07:14 AM
Here's a question from the Medical Examiner's Office:

I'd estimate that 80-90% of the young men that unintentionally visit the morgue have their carpet trimmed.

The question is: How many of the guys here "manscape?"

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:34 AM
Here's a question from the Medical Examiner's Office:

I'd estimate that 80-90% of the young men that unintentionally visit the morgue have their carpet trimmed.

The question is: How many of the guys here "manscape?"

You've gotta keep it trimmed amigo

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:54 AM
This thread delivers!

Partial
08-29-2006, 10:40 AM
Someone ask me a question!

Tarlam!
08-29-2006, 01:08 PM
Where's Partial?

Iron Mike
08-29-2006, 01:15 PM
Where's Partial?

Banned, maybe?

http://www2.jsonline.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=37310&catID=7&sessionID={273915FC-1BD1-416B-B7F0-7C469F5780E7}

jack's smirking revenge
08-29-2006, 01:22 PM
I can confirm that he has been banned.

tyler

BallHawk
08-29-2006, 01:48 PM
Temporary or Permanent?

Zool
08-29-2006, 01:53 PM
Weird.

GBRulz
I can confirm that he is not banned.

After all, I am the reporter rat....not the Enquirer wannabe :wink:

Iron Mike
Weird.

That's not a question.

What the hell were you thinking? :razz:

Partial
08-29-2006, 01:55 PM

um, I can confirm that I was in fact banned. I came back and now I am unbanned. Doesn't matter regardless, the damage was already done and Madtown has burned his bridges.

GBRulz
08-29-2006, 01:59 PM
partial if you have a problem with mad, please take it to him in PM's.

Zool
08-29-2006, 02:02 PM
True dat.

Fosco33
08-29-2006, 02:03 PM

um, I can confirm that I was in fact banned. I came back and now I am unbanned. Doesn't matter regardless, the damage was already done and Madtown has burned his bridges.

I'll play the impartial 3rd party observer as I've been too busy to post/view here.

Somehow or another you got banned - obviously a temporary slap on the wrist. Seeing as it's MTP's place, he can toss out anyone he wants.

I see it like this - did you ever drink too much at a good buddy's house or puke/piss on something and get politely asked to leave? You were still friends after the fact and probably went over the next night but didn't get as wasted...

That's my advice here - lets not make a big deal out of all of this.

retailguy
08-29-2006, 02:16 PM
partial if you have a problem with mad, please take it to him in PM's.

Partial, this is good advice. We don't want to rival JSO for drama. Let us let them continue to win that battle. Tex and St. Lou have to stand for something, you know?

GBRulz
08-29-2006, 02:17 PM
good call, retailguy. Tex & St. Lou will be salivating over the thread that Partial recently started over there....

Zool
08-29-2006, 02:18 PM
good call, retailguy. Tex & St. Lou will be salivating over the fact that partial created a "pity me" thread on JSO about being banned.

Does this post help the situation or make it worse? Maybe we could just let this all die down?

GBRulz
08-29-2006, 02:24 PM
yes, it should just go away. but I think it's down right rude that he's calling out madtown in the public forum and then makes a crybaby thread about it on JSO.

He's posting, he's obviously not banned. I don't know that he ever was nor do I really care. Haven't other people been unable to log in at times, too? Doesn't mean they were banned.

Partial
08-29-2006, 02:37 PM
yes, it should just go away. but I think it's down right rude that he's calling out madtown in the public forum and then makes a crybaby thread about it on JSO.

He's posting, he's obviously not banned. I don't know that he ever was nor do I really care. Haven't other people been unable to log in at times, too? Doesn't mean they were banned.

I have a nice screen shot of a banned screen shot if that will change your mind. Please get back onto the topic at hand and ask me questions. After all, this forum is not about free flowing conversation but strict guidelines in how to chat with oen another. If I'm not a man of principle then i'm a man of nothing. Lets get back on the topic, NOW :shock:

GBRulz
08-29-2006, 02:39 PM
no more questions, your honor. I rest

retailguy
08-29-2006, 02:39 PM

I have a nice screen shot of a banned screen shot if that will change your mind. Please get back onto the topic at hand and ask me questions. After all, this forum is not about free flowing conversation but strict guidelines in how to chat with oen another.

sigh..... send her a pm.... please....

jack's smirking revenge
08-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Why were you banned?

(Just kidding)

tyler

Zool
Maura Tierney....still hot?

retailguy
What do you think about global warming? Should I buy a Prius?

Fosco33
08-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Rat-

I sat next to a guy on a plane last week that came back from a super secret hacking convention (he called it Black Hat or Black Op). It occurs the week after the well known and publicized hacker convention in Vegas every year. This guy is a senior inside specialist for Dell - basically an inside hacker.

Basically, he said that anyone who has a wireless network enabled on their PC (esp laptops) is extremely vulnerable to other PCs in close proximity (like a plane) - regardless of firewalls.

Have you heard of this before? Is there anything else besides disabling your wireless network before taking a flight or using a VPN or WPA encription while using wireless?

Partial
08-29-2006, 02:49 PM
What do you think about global warming? Should I buy a Prius?

I think global warming is something to consider but not enough information is known about it to take serious action yet. Historically the world has gone through heating and cooling stages is my understanding. On the other hand, its the hottest now that its ever been. Who knows, I am not as educated as I probably should be on the matter.

Don't waste your money on a prius. Diesel is the way to go. Biodiesel will be the fuel they use in the future is my guess. Hydrogen requires wayyyyy to thick and heavy of a tank, and still requires carbon to get it.

We learned in chemistry UW researchers are using water and platinum in efforts to split a water molecule to product free hydrogen.

I am going to need a car in the next few years, and I will be taking a long and hard look at the VW Rabbit if they come out with an affordable diesel version of it.

Partial
08-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Tech Rat-

I sat next to a guy on a plane last week that came back from a super secret hacking convention (he called it Black Hat or Black Op). It occurs the week after the well known and publicized hacker convention in Vegas every year. This guy is a senior inside specialist for Dell - basically an inside hacker.

Basically, he said that anyone who has a wireless network enabled on their PC (esp laptops) is extremely vulnerable to other PCs in close proximity (like a plane) - regardless of firewalls.

Have you heard of this before? Is there anything else besides disabling your wireless network before taking a flight or using a VPN or WPA encription while using wireless?

Well, I don't personally know how you would go about doing that, but my guess is most computers automatically join a non-protected network when they're not on another. In that case, Windows is not hard to break through the security if you know what you're doing. I personally have no clue how, but I am sure there are people out there that do. My advice is to disable your wireless card when you're not using it.

If you're on an encrypted network, I know the FBI is now able to crack 64-bit encryption in like 3 minutes. I am sure there are some really nerdy guys out there that can do it as well. I know I sure couldn't, though.

Partial
08-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Maura Tierney....still hot?

Throw a work appropraite pic of, otherwise i'll check after work. You never know what sort of results a google search yields.

Zool
08-29-2006, 02:52 PM
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005491/

Fosco33
08-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Tech Rat-

Well, I don't personally know how you would go about doing that, but my guess is most computers automatically join a non-protected network when they're not on another. In that case, Windows is not hard to break through the security if you know what you're doing. I personally have no clue how, but I am sure there are people out there that do. My advice is to disable your wireless card when you're not using it.

If you're on an encrypted network, I know the FBI is now able to crack 64-bit encryption in like 3 minutes. I am sure there are some really nerdy guys out there that can do it as well. I know I sure couldn't, though.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

You know, even if we had fingerprint security, the FBI/NSA would be able to break it - especially those of us who've been fingerprinted (hell, everyone in my 3rd grade class was systematically fingerprinted on a 'career' day cover). Voice activation could be compromised b/c they could just pull a recorded phone call. That really only leaves retina scans - but if you've ever seen an ophthalmologist or had laser surgery you're also screwed b/c the info is out there.

What really is secure online these days? A roaming SecurID card seems to be the best out there (the one w/ an ever changing 8 digit code every minute or so).

Partial
08-29-2006, 03:13 PM

Yuck! Bad photo! How do you feel about her?

Partial
08-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Tech Rat-

Yeah, that sounds about right.

You know, even if we had fingerprint security, the FBI/NSA would be able to break it - especially those of us who've been fingerprinted (hell, everyone in my 3rd grade class was systematically fingerprinted on a 'career' day cover). Voice activation could be compromised b/c they could just pull a recorded phone call. That really only leaves retina scans - but if you've ever seen an ophthalmologist or had laser surgery you're also screwed b/c the info is out there.

What really is secure online these days? A roaming SecurID card seems to be the best out there (the one w/ an ever changing 8 digit code every minute or so).

Nothing is secure anymore. It comes down to it that technology is good enough to break anything is can be created. just a friendly reminder from your neighbor tech rat, always shred your documents you dispose of!!

Zool
08-29-2006, 03:18 PM

Yuck! Bad photo! How do you feel about her?

She was super hot in News Radio. Now she looks good sometimes, not others. If you google her, you will find better pics.

jack's smirking revenge
08-29-2006, 03:24 PM
See her in "Insomnia". She is cute, depending on the movie.

tyler

Badgepack
08-29-2006, 03:30 PM
She is like Jerry Seinfeld's girlfriend that looks hot one minute and like crap the next.

Partial
08-29-2006, 03:31 PM
She is like Jerry Seinfeld's girlfriend that looks hot one minute and like crap the next.

oh god two-face! What a classic episode!!

Iron Mike
08-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Thora Birch: Hot, or Not so much??

http://www.celebritypark.com/albums/thora_birch/thora_birch10.sized.jpg

jack's smirking revenge
08-29-2006, 06:25 PM
I know I'm not Partial, but I'm partial to Thora Birch. Got my vote for hot!

tyler

hurleyfan
08-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Why'd you start this thread?

Quiet time b-4 the game? :mrgreen:

Kiwon
08-29-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm planning to buy a wireless router. Do you have any recommendations?

retailguy
08-29-2006, 07:42 PM

Linksys WRT54G. bulletproof. simple. reliable.

Bretsky
08-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Do you still believe in Intel ?

Why does the stock blow ?

Scott Campbell
08-29-2006, 07:54 PM
NETGEAR WPNT834 IEEE 802.11b/g RangeMax 240 Wireless Router

This effectively doubled the range of my existing Wifi network. Speeds are much faster than my last one. It was a snap to set up. And it's newer, so I think it employs a more advanced version of encryption than WEP. No intereference with cordless phones or from microwave.

$129 regular. About $100 on sale.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833150023

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Thora Birch: Hot, or Not so much??

http://www.celebritypark.com/albums/thora_birch/thora_birch10.sized.jpg

I'd do her.

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:22 PM
Why'd you start this thread?

Quiet time b-4 the game? :mrgreen:

Boredom at my job. It's winding down for the summer and so are my projects.

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:25 PM

I have a Dlink DI-824. It works great and I am quite the demanding user. It's affordable and works well for home usage. Check www.newegg.com for the deal of the day. Sometimes they have good deals on there. I would say any home router should be fine. 4 ports is probably the way to go since the price jumps way up for an 8 port, and if you were need the additional ports a 20 dollar switch will work just fine.

Make sure you update the firmware on whatever you purcahse. Don't do it wirelessly, either.

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Do you still believe in Intel ?

Why does the stock blow ?

Intel is kicking the shit out of AMD right now. Hardcore.

AMD just bought out the graphics company ATI, so it will be interesting to see how they implement that into there next generation of processors (K8L due relatively early 2007)

Don't know why the stock blows. My dad says the entire economy blows because of gas and is being brought back to reality with high interest rates.

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:29 PM
LOL, we've had a Dlink, a Linksys, and a Netgear recommendation. Go with whats cheapest essentially. Wait for a sale, if you don't need the range don't spend more than 50 bucks. It sohuld work as well as a 900 mhz cordless phone in terms of range at the 50 dollar price level.

Buy whatever is cheapest, plug into it, update the firmware (download from manufacturer's website) and get ready to surf from your sofa. It's the way to go. I have never once used my new MacBook from a desk or any hard surface.

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Should someone create a garbage can version of this thread?

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Should someone create a garbage can version of this thread?

YES!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D

Zool
08-30-2006, 07:40 AM

Linksys WRT54G. bulletproof. simple. reliable.

This man knows whats what. For the money, best router available.

MJZiggy
08-30-2006, 08:43 AM
Why am I here? What is the meaning of life?

Zool
08-30-2006, 08:44 AM
Why am I here? What is the meaning of life?42

SkinBasket
08-30-2006, 09:00 AM
If you had the choice between annihilating everything you hate in the world or creating everything you love, which should you choose and why?

Partial
08-30-2006, 09:00 AM

You are here because you believe there is something else out there.

The meaning of life is don't get caught.

Partial
08-30-2006, 09:02 AM
If you had the choice between annihilating everything you hate in the world or creating everything you love, which should you choose and why?

Hmm, most difficult question yet. I would create everythnig that I love because then my life has had purpose. I would rather make others happy by sharing the awesome things I created instead of destroying things that I don't see eye to eye with.

Zool
08-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Prime rib or filet?

Partial
08-30-2006, 09:14 AM
Prime rib or filet?

Ooooo, both are excellent choices. I've got to go with prime rib. My family has that every Christmas eve, and its always spectacular. Filet Mignon is quite delicious in its own right, too.

MJZiggy
08-30-2006, 09:18 AM

What else is out there? What should I do with the rest of my life?

Zool
08-30-2006, 09:20 AM
Prime rib or filet?

Ooooo, both are excellent choices. I've got to go with prime rib. My family has that every Christmas eve, and its always spectacular. Filet Mignon is quite delicious in its own right, too.

Agreed, its a close race. I used to work at a resturaunt and I would take a slice of prime rib, cook it a little longer, put some provolone and gouda on a hogie roll and make the worlds greatest steak sammich.

This one should be easy, Gatorade or Powerade?

Partial
08-30-2006, 09:27 AM

Well, there is plenty else out there. As to what you should do with the rest of your life, it depends what you're doing now and how you enjoy it. Perhaps thats what you're meant to be doing. But if its not, I suggest treasure hunting or moving to venice (unless it smells) or somewhere on the coast of Greece

Partial
08-30-2006, 09:28 AM
Prime rib or filet?

Agreed, its a close race. I used to work at a resturaunt and I would take a slice of prime rib, cook it a little longer, put some provolone and gouda on a hogie roll and make the worlds greatest steak sammich.

This one should be easy, Gatorade or Powerade?

Gatoraid FTW!

Fierce grape and riptide rush have to be the best flavors by far.

Badgepack
08-30-2006, 09:57 AM
How do you determine the age and sex of a box turtle?

Partial
08-30-2006, 10:05 AM
How do you determine the age and sex of a box turtle?

From Box Turtle Fact Sheet (http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/ReptilesAmphibians/Facts/FactSheets/Easternboxturtle.cfm)

Box Turtle

Taxonomy
Order: Chelonia
Family: Emydidae
Genus/species: Terrapene carolina
Subspecies: Terrapene carolina bauri (Florida box turtle)
Terrapene carolina major (Gulf Coast box turtle)
Terrapene carolina triunguis (three-toed box turtle)
Terrapene carolina carolina (eastern box turtle)

There are six subspecies of box turtles. The four listed above are found in the United States; two subspecies are found in Mexico.

This fact sheet describes a general box turtle, unless otherwise mentioned.

Description
All T. carolina have a bilobed, hinged plastron that allows the box turtle to close its shell almost completely. They have a steep-margined, keeled, high-domed, rounded carapace with variable markings. Concentric growth furrows can be seen on the carapace, although in some older individuals they become very difficult to see. The upper jaw is slightly hooked. The toes are only slightly webbed.

Males are slightly larger on average than females, the posterior lobe of their plastron is concave, and the claws on their hind legs are short, thick, and curved. Males also have thicker and longer tails. Females' rear claws are longer, straighter, and more slender, and the posterior lobe of their plastron is flat or slightly convex. Males have red irises and females have yellowish-brown irises.

Environmental temperature determines activity rate. Preferred body temperature is between 84 and 100° F (37.8° C). In the heat of the summer, box turtles largely restrict their activity to mornings and after rain. When it gets too hot, they hide under decaying logs and leaves, crawl into mammal burrows, or into mud. When it is really hot, they go into shady pools and puddles to cool off. In the spring and fall, they may be out foraging during all daylight hours, and they sometimes bask in the sun to get warm. Box turtles are diurnal and scoop out a shallow indentation in which to spend the night.

In the northern regions, box turtles go into hibernation in October or November, but farther south they remain active later in the year. To hibernate, they burrow as far as two-feet deep into loose earth, mud, stream bottoms, old stump holes, or mammal burrows. They may return to the same place to hibernate in successive years and sometimes more than one turtle hibernates in the same hibernacula. They usually emerge from hibernation in April. They sometimes wake up and find a new hibernacula on warm days in the winter.

These turtles usually have a home range with a diameter of 750 feet (230 m) or less in which they normally stay. Occasionally, for unknown reasons, they journey out from their home range. Home ranges of different individuals overlap frequently, regardless of age or sex. The turtles are often found together and show no antagonism towards each other.

Distribution and Habitat
Exclusively North American, box turtles occupy the eastern United States ranging from southern Maine to Florida along the East Coast, and west to Michigan, Illinois, eastern Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. Due to their popularity as household pets, box turtles are sometimes found far outside their normal geographic range.

There are four subspecies of T. carolina in the U.S. Terrapene carolina bauri (Florida box turtle) lives in the peninsula of Florida. Terrapene carolina major (Gulf Coast box turtle) ranges from the panhandle of Florida westward along the gulf coast to eastern Texas.

Terrapene carolina triunguis (three-toed box turtle) lives in the Mississippi River Valley from northern Missouri southward across southeastern Kansas and eastern Oklahoma into south-central Texas, and southeastward across western Tennessee and Georgia to the coastal lowlands.

Terrapene carolina carolina (common box turtle), covering the largest area, lives from Michigan and Maine in the north, and ranges south to the boundaries of the other subspecies. Very little overlap occurs between the ranges of the subspecies of T. carolina, except for a region in Mississippi and Alabama where T. carolina triunguis and T. carolina carolina overlap.

Box turtles live in open woodlands, pastures, and marshy meadows. They are often found near streams and ponds.

Diet in the Wild
Omnivorous, these turtles eat snails, insects, berries, fungi, slugs, worms, roots, flowers, fish, frogs, salamanders, snakes, birds, and eggs indiscriminately. They have been observed eating carrion, feeding on dead ducks, amphibians, assorted small mammals, and even a dead cow. Their preference varies greatly by season but there is one definite trend. Young are primarily carnivorous while they grow during their first five to six years. Adults tend to be mostly herbivorous, but they eat no green leaves. Young often hunt in ponds and streams because the type of food they prefer is easier to catch there, but adults usually feed on land.

Zoo Diet
At the Zoo, they are fed salad, earthworms, and crickets; rarely mealworms.

Reproduction
There is some variation between the courtship rituals of the subspecies. The courtship of both T.c.carolina and T.c.major is divided into three phases: a circling, biting, shoving phase; a preliminary mounting phase; and a copulatory phase. T.c.triunguis and T.c. bauri both have somewhat different rituals, which may represent the ancestral method. Both triunguis and bauri males have added the behavior of pulsating their throats. T.c.triunguis does this in front of the female, and bauri males climb up on the females' carapace with all four feet and then pulsate. The actual copulation is the same in all subspecies, with the male standing somewhat upright, leaning the concave part of his plastron against the back of the female's carapace. It is in this balanced position that the male fertilizes the female with his penis. Males sometimes fall backwards after copulation, and if they can't right themselves they die of starvation.

The mating season begins in the spring and continues throughout summer to October. Males may mate with more than one female or the same female several times over a period of several years. A female may lay fertile eggs for up to four years after one successful mating. Nesting occurs from May through July. Nests are usually dug in sandy or loamy soil, using the hind legs. Then eggs are laid in this cavity and the nest is carefully covered up again. Females lay three to eight eggs, usually four or five, and they are elliptical with thin, white, flexible shells. The female lays several clutches each year. Incubation normally lasts three months, but this varies according to soil temperature and moisture.

Life Span
Box turtles may live more than 100 years.

Status
Box turtles are listed on CITES Appendix II. Collection for the pet trade and habitat destruction and fragmentation threaten the box turtle population.

Fun Facts
When frightened, box turtles retract their head, tail, and limbs into their shell and clamp it shut. They wait in this position until the perceived threat is gone. While juveniles have several predators, very few species can prey effectively on adults due to this defense technique.

Box turtles can be dangerous to eat. At times they consume poisonous mushrooms and the toxins may linger in their flesh.

Box turtles are most famous for their hinged shell, which allows them to retract almost completely into their bony armor to hide from danger. This shell has great regenerative powers. A case was reported in which the carapace of a badly burned box turtle underwent complete regeneration.

Source of Information
All or part of this information was provided by the link toAnimal Diversity Web and Museum of Zoology of the University of Michigan.
It appears here with their permission. The original author of this information was Steven Niedzielski.

For more information, including references, see the Animal Diversity Web account for this species, here:
link tohttp://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/ site/ accounts/ information/ Terrapene_carolina.html.

If its not in there, let me know and I'll check later tomorrow when I get back from moving more stuff to platteville tonight

Partial
09-04-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm back baby! Let's bump this bad boy!

Scott Campbell
09-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Ok, I'm in.

Is it ok to have a favorite rectal thermometer?

justanotherpackfan
09-04-2006, 11:20 AM
What will be the Badgers record this season?(Football)

Partial
09-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Ok, I'm in.

Is it ok to have a favorite rectal thermometer?

Definitely. I prefer ones with pleasuring bumps.

Partial
09-04-2006, 03:02 PM
What will be the Badgers record this season?(Football)

They are going to have tough games at Iowa and at Michigan. They historically have struggled at both locations. I don't think Penn can come into our house and win. Therefore, I conclude they will go 10-2. The Brett Bielema era will get off to a quick start!

Brando19
09-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Will the WV Mountaineers play for the National Championship?

Partial
09-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Will the WV Mountaineers play for the National Championship?

No.

Bretsky
09-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Will both USC and Notre Dame go into their matchup undefeated ?

the_idle_threat
09-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Hi Partial! Glad to see you're back. Longtime reader, first time questioner.

My question: Which way is up?

BallHawk
09-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Old school Bucky Badger or New Age Bucky Badger?

Brando19
09-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Will Quinn be the first overall selection in next year's draft?

Little Whiskey
09-04-2006, 09:12 PM

zig, they are looking for a new croc hunter....are you good with animals???

by the way partial.....you never finished the latin question. i think it got lost in the whole banned...not banned drama.

the latin translation of shit is stercus. literal translation is dung. which is obviously slang for shit.

one year of latin in high school and that is the only word i can remember. funny that it was actually in the text book.

MJZiggy
09-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Sorry, LW, I don't like spiders and snakes, not to mention rodents with large teeth or extraordinary bugs with large stingers. Though I do wish they'd quit killing off the amphibians. We need them. They eat bugs with large stingers.

Little Whiskey
09-04-2006, 09:32 PM
well i tried to help you out.

Partial
09-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Will both USC and Notre Dame go into their matchup undefeated ?

Yes

Partial
09-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Hi Partial! Glad to see you're back. Longtime reader, first time questioner.

My question: Which way is up?

^
|

Partial
Old school Bucky Badger or New Age Bucky Badger?

Old school

Partial
Will Quinn be the first overall selection in next year's draft?

Yes.

Zool
09-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Chunky:

soup or meal?

Zool
09-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Apparently thats too hard a question.

Who will win the NFC East this year and what will their record be?

Scott Campbell
09-05-2006, 03:00 PM

Please be patient. He's busy doing further research on the rectal thermometer question.

Partial
09-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Chunky:

soup or meal?

Soup. MMMMMmmm soup. I do loves me some delicious Clam Chowder on Fridays. Yum!

Partial
09-05-2006, 03:34 PM

Who will win the NFC East this year and what will their record be?

Dog I am a busy man. I answered it.

I am gonna go out on a limb and take the lease popular pick.

The Eagles are going to win it!! :shocked:

Their record will be 10-6.

Zool
09-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Busy schmizy. I needs my answers.

the Used's first album, good, great or no idea.

Partial
09-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Busy schmizy. I needs my answers.

the Used's first album, good, great or no idea.

Firing up iTunes now.

update: firing up a tab in firefox

update2: my album is mistitled in iTunes, it is not "the taste of ink" but instead titled "Maybe Memories"

Anyway, yeah, I enjoy a few songs on that such a blue and yellow, the taste of ink, on my own, poetic tradegy, buried myself alive.. It's got some good rock songs, not really my style of music anymore, but its a pretty solid album.

Joemailman
09-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Is the AntiChrist living among us?

BallHawk
09-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Firefox or Internet Explorer?

Partial
09-05-2006, 09:54 PM

No. I would make a joke or something but I don't think its appropriate.

Partial
09-05-2006, 09:58 PM

Even though I know Mad is an IE hombre, I will go ahead and say that IE sucks. Firefox is infinitely better. The reasons for this are as follows:

Tabbed browsing standard. Control-t FTW!
Much faster rendering engine. Por.. I mean Packer Rats has never loaded as quickly!
More compliant with ISO standards. Pretty much every page looks prettier and visually closer to what the artist had in mind when creating the page.
Less security issues - IE and the admin account are the root of windows problems. Firefox doesn't have these same issues
Open source.

Of course, none of these can even come close to Camino, the aqua-ified version of Firefox made by the Mozilla team for OS X. Even better than that, are Webkit browsers. They're faster than Firefox and they sure are pretty. They have less ISO compliance than FF, but more than IE by a landslide. Safari and Shiira for the win!

the_idle_threat
09-05-2006, 09:59 PM

No. I would make a joke or something but I don't think its appropriate.

That's hilarious! :mrgreen:

the_idle_threat
09-05-2006, 10:00 PM
I would like Firefox if I could get Java to run on it. I can't ... so FF sucks. :evil:

Zool
09-05-2006, 10:01 PM

Even though I know Mad is an IE hombre, I will go ahead and say that IE sucks. Firefox is infinitely better. The reasons for this are as follows:

Much faster rendering engine. Por.. I mean Packer Rats has never loaded as quickly!
More compliant with ISO standards. Pretty much every page looks prettier and visually closer to what the artist had in mind when creating the page.
Less security issues - IE and the admin account are the root of windows problems. Firefox doesn't have these same issues
Open source.

Of course, none of these can even come close to Camino, the aqua-ified version of Firefox made by the Mozilla team for OS X. Even better than that, are Webkit browsers. They're faster than Firefox and they sure are pretty. They have less ISO compliance than FF, but more than IE by a landslide. Safari and Shiira for the win!I would agree with this, but IE7 seems to be an improvement in text quality and finally has tabs.

I use Firefox almost exclusively but IE7 seems to work better with Exchange 2003's webmail so I use IE7 at work.

Hottest blonde on 3's company?

HarveyWallbangers
09-05-2006, 10:19 PM
What happened to the old thread where random people answered and then asked a new question? That was kind of cool--not to trump this thread. I think there's room for both.
:D

Partial
09-06-2006, 09:44 AM
I would like Firefox if I could get Java to run on it. I can't ... so FF sucks. :evil:

Totally runs Java! I never use IE and my JRE icon is up all the time!!

Partial
09-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Harv and Zool, I will answer these both around noon. I have a nice break mid-day today.

Everyone else, load me up on questions, like I said I am going to have an hour to kill so that seems like a solid way to spend it!

the_idle_threat
09-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Good job on the "which way is up" question. Very creative. :cool:

How about this one ... does water float? :D

Partial
09-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Good job on the "which way is up" question. Very creative. :cool:

How about this one ... does water float? :D

That is entirely dependent on the density the water would would be mixed with as well as the polarity of that substance. Oil is non-polar for example with the lone bonds being londor-dispersion (I believe at least, I have been out of chem for two years) where is Water is held by polar, hydrogen bonds. There is more to it, but that is really all that I understand. In the setting where you could achieve a higher density substance than water that is non-polar, then the answer is yes, water would float.

Partial
09-06-2006, 12:00 PM
What happened to the old thread where random people answered and then asked a new question? That was kind of cool--not to trump this thread. I think there's room for both.
:D

That thread was recently bumped. It is alive and kickin'. This thead has gotten relatively scientific and has forced me to look a few things up to provide an answer. Personally, I wish the questions would be more in the direction of me offering advice or an answer as to how I would handle the situation. Either way works, though!

Partial
09-06-2006, 12:01 PM

Open source.

Of course, none of these can even come close to Camino, the aqua-ified version of Firefox made by the Mozilla team for OS X. Even better than that, are Webkit browsers. They're faster than Firefox and they sure are pretty. They have less ISO compliance than FF, but more than IE by a landslide. Safari and Shiira for the win!I would agree with this, but IE7 seems to be an improvement in text quality and finally has tabs.

I use Firefox almost exclusively but IE7 seems to work better with Exchange 2003's webmail so I use IE7 at work.

Hottest blonde on 3's company?

Suzanne Sommers, I'd tap that twice way back in the day.

Zool
09-06-2006, 12:06 PM
What do boogers smell like?

Partial
09-06-2006, 12:10 PM

They don't really smell like anything. I'd say they're relatively nuetral since they're always in your nose and you don't notice any distasteful odor.

Zool, did you ever get that new graphics card or did you take my advice and wait? I hope you waited, I recently saw the same image rendered in DX10 and DX9 and the difference was night and day. DX10 is GORGEOUS!! The next generation games paired with Vista are going to render my 32-bit athlon xp 3200+, 9600xt 256mb, quad-pumped 200mhz fsb computer pretty much useless. As it stands now, I pretty much use my MacBook for everything anyway, though. The Core Duo provide an infinitely more snappy experience despite the 5400 rpm drive.

MJZiggy
09-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Is God omniscient?

Partial
09-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Is God omniscient?

Solid vocabulary you have there Ziggy, I had to look up the meaning of omniscient. Right after asking for more personal questions, I get one I can't answer :oops: . I don't think i'm in a position to speak on this subject, especially in a situation where others will see and possibly be influenced. That's one of the few things I am sensitive about. Each and every person will likely have a different answer to this question.

Zool
09-06-2006, 12:21 PM

They don't really smell like anything. I'd say they're relatively nuetral since they're always in your nose and you don't notice any distasteful odor.

Zool, did you ever get that new graphics card or did you take my advice and wait? I hope you waited, I recently saw the same image rendered in DX10 and DX9 and the difference was night and day. DX10 is GORGEOUS!! The next generation games paired with Vista are going to render my 32-bit athlon xp 3200+, 9600xt 256mb, quad-pumped 200mhz fsb computer pretty much useless. As it stands now, I pretty much use my MacBook for everything anyway, though. The Core Duo provide an infinitely more snappy experience despite the 5400 rpm drive.I would disagree about booger smell. Its like anything else, you're just so used to them being there that they dont register.

I did wait on a vid card. I thought my 6800gt was over heating, but it turned out to be the monitor. My next big purchase will be an LCD or Plasma.

So thats my next question, LCD or Plasma

Scott Campbell
09-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Does God love the Packers?

Zool
09-06-2006, 12:25 PM
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/3.RSLID?mco=9F8FBAD3&nclm=AppleDisplays

How does Apple have the balls to charge $2000 for a monitor?

Partial
09-06-2006, 12:28 PM

Zool, did you ever get that new graphics card or did you take my advice and wait? I hope you waited, I recently saw the same image rendered in DX10 and DX9 and the difference was night and day. DX10 is GORGEOUS!! The next generation games paired with Vista are going to render my 32-bit athlon xp 3200+, 9600xt 256mb, quad-pumped 200mhz fsb computer pretty much useless. As it stands now, I pretty much use my MacBook for everything anyway, though. The Core Duo provide an infinitely more snappy experience despite the 5400 rpm drive.I would disagree about booger smell. Its like anything else, you're just so used to them being there that they dont register.

I did wait on a vid card. I thought my 6800gt was over heating, but it turned out to be the monitor. My next big purchase will be an LCD or Plasma.

Well, modern LCDs with DVI are very nice. For example, the Panel in my laptop is gorgeous. It is 13.3" inches, with a 1280*800 resolution. It has a beautiful amount of pixels per inch. I love it. My 17" Samsung is a bit older (my HS graduation from my parents) it doesn't have DVI, has a native resolution of 1280*1024, and isn't widescreen, and doesn't look especially great. My laptop display is night and day better than this. My advice to you is to get an LCD, plasma's are overrated and often times too bright, and they are plagued with the same ghosting issues as LCDs. If I was looking at LCDs, I would completely ignore the spec sheets on them. They are full of BS! I would wait until Dell updates their professional series monitors, find a coupon for them, and get a 20 or 23" widescreen one. Those are the sweet spots because the 23" has HD 1920*1200 resolution. All of the newest panels are going to be great, so I would go for something a little bigger, and use a coupon so they run you about 500. If you don't use a coupon, you'd be looking at about 800-1000. That is probably a horrible response, but I am writing things as they come to me without editing. In summary, wait for a new panel to come out, buy a dell pro series with a coupon. Go big or go home.

Partial
09-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Does God love the Packers?

I would certainly hope so.

Partial
09-06-2006, 12:30 PM
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/3.RSLID?mco=9F8FBAD3&nclm=AppleDisplays

How does Apple have the balls to charge $2000 for a monitor?

Apple panels are overpriced as hell. Sure they are in a nice pretty enclosure, but they use the same panels as Dell (whatever the newest panel released is, except Dell is generally more timely on updating them). In terms of overall asestics(sp), I find 600-1000 dollars in my wallet more visually appealing than an aluminum enclosure.

Zool
09-06-2006, 12:44 PM

Well, modern LCDs with DVI are very nice. For example, the Panel in my laptop is gorgeous. It is 13.3" inches, with a 1280*800 resolution. It has a beautiful amount of pixels per inch. I love it. My 17" Samsung is a bit older (my HS graduation from my parents) it doesn't have DVI, has a native resolution of 1280*1024, and isn't widescreen, and doesn't look especially great. My laptop display is night and day better than this. My advice to you is to get an LCD, plasma's are overrated and often times too bright, and they are plagued with the same ghosting issues as LCDs. If I was looking at LCDs, I would completely ignore the spec sheets on them. They are full of BS! I would wait until Dell updates their professional series monitors, find a coupon for them, and get a 20 or 23" widescreen one. Those are the sweet spots because the 23" has HD 1920*1200 resolution. All of the newest panels are going to be great, so I would go for something a little bigger, and use a coupon so they run you about 500. If you don't use a coupon, you'd be looking at about 800-1000. That is probably a horrible response, but I am writing things as they come to me without editing. In summary, wait for a new panel to come out, buy a dell pro series with a coupon. Go big or go home.

I guess I should have clarified, I'm getting a TV. Something in the 37-42" range. Im leaning towards an LCD. LG makes a really nice LCD.

On a side note, I will never again buy a Dell product. My current monitor is a 20" Dell LCD widescreen. Its over heating, so last Wednesday I talked with their "tech support" for over 3 hours while they did some troubleshooting(aka reading off a list of things to try). They have the single worst tech support I have ever encountered. The entire thing has been sent to a vendor company in India. Their english skills leave alot to be desired, but their technical know-how is ridiculously low.

I talked to one guy for an hour and he hung up and told me to call back when the monitor went out again. An hour after I called, he still hadnt called me back so I got to start the whole thing over again with a second tech. This second tech made the first tech seem like the reincarnation of Einstein and her people skills were actually worse. After 2 hours troubleshooting my monitor she finally agreed to send a replacement. 30 minutes of hold time later, I got an RMA#. She repeatedly said it would be to me in 2 business days, but its been over a week now.

All in all, I wouldnt buy another Dell product to save my life. They are letting their quality go to hell, and their customer service is non-existant.

Splenda or Sweet & Low?

Partial
09-06-2006, 12:48 PM

I guess I should have clarified, I'm getting a TV. Something in the 37-42" range. Im leaning towards an LCD. LG makes a really nice LCD.

On a side note, I will never again buy a Dell product. My current monitor is a 20" Dell LCD widescreen. Its over heating, so last Wednesday I talked with their "tech support" for over 3 hours while they did some troubleshooting(aka reading off a list of things to try). They have the single worst tech support I have ever encountered. The entire thing has been sent to a vendor company in India. Their english skills leave alot to be desired, but their technical know-how is ridiculously low.

I talked to one guy for an hour and he hung up and told me to call back when the monitor went out again. An hour after I called, he still hadnt called me back so I got to start the whole thing over again with a second tech. This second tech made the first tech seem like the reincarnation of Einstein and her people skills were actually worse. After 2 hours troubleshooting my monitor she finally agreed to send a replacement. 30 minutes of hold time later, I got an RMA#. She repeatedly said it would be to me in 2 business days, but its been over a week now.

All in all, I wouldnt buy another Dell product to save my life. They are letting their quality go to hell, and their customer service is non-existant.

Splenda or Sweet & Low?

As for TV, when are you looking to buy, how much do you have to spend? The latest generation of DLP are GREAT, but you cannot hang them on a wall. The 4th gen chip is very, very good. I would go Plasma if I could afford it for a TV, but they come at a price. If I had a few years and was in no hurry, I would wait for an SED tv. That will be a technology that will be huge. I posted some stuff about it in the show me the money thread I believe. It's being jointly developed by Cannon and Toshiba. It is nanotech stuff that is very cheap to produce, yet the picture KILLS anything the world has ever seen. That, in addition to very low power consumption and thinner than anything out today.

Partial
09-06-2006, 12:48 PM

Splenda or Sweet & Low?

Splenda, without question.

MJZiggy
09-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Ok, I'll give you an easier one. Grandma is older, living in a trailer and doesn't want more stuff. What do we get her for Christmas?

(wait, that might actually be harder than the God question... :? )

Iron Mike
09-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Ok, I'll give you an easier one. Grandma is older, living in a trailer and doesn't want more stuff. What do we get her for Christmas?

Just tell her that not only is God omniscient, God's also omnipotent and omnipresent!!!! :mrgreen:

Partial
09-06-2006, 02:15 PM

A really comfy chair. Perhaps a glider rocker, those things are pretty damn comfy. I would think when I am elderly, I would be relaxing so much that even that would become insignificant. I would need to take my relaxing to a whole new level of relaxation. What this means is comfy, down pillows, comfy mattress, and you guessed it, a comfy chair to relax in!

Iron Mike
09-06-2006, 02:36 PM

Depends......... :razz:

justanotherpackfan
09-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Who will win, Ohio State or Texas? Don't forget about Jammal Charles and how terrible Ohio States run defense was.

Partial
09-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Who will win, Ohio State or Texas? Don't forget about Jammal Charles and how terrible Ohio States run defense was.

I am a big ten supporter until the day I die, so we'll go with the Ohio State University over the Colt McCoy led Lornhornes.

Zool
09-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Good call.

Best cheese?

My favorite is Gouda

Partial
09-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Good call.

Best cheese?

My favorite is Gouda

I haven't really had too many cheeses, but I must say I have gradually become a fan of stronger cheeses. I really like Asiago and Romano(sp). I also like a good sharp cheddar and swiss.

Partial
09-20-2006, 10:46 AM
As usual, i've got 12-1 off, so lets get some awesome questions ready to rock and roll!

MJZiggy
09-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Why am I here?

Zool
09-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Why do flouresent lights make me tired?

Do I have a Joe Versus the Volcano "brain cloud"?

Badgepack
09-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Why am I hungry all the time?, I eat like a cow.

Partial
09-20-2006, 11:56 AM
Why am I here?

'Cause the outside world isn't nearly as appealing as sitcoms would lead you to believe.

Partial
09-20-2006, 11:57 AM
Why do flouresent lights make me tired?

Because you touch yourself at night.

Do I have a Joe Versus the Volcano "brain cloud"?

Nope, see above.

Partial
09-20-2006, 11:58 AM
Why am I hungry all the time?, I eat like a cow.

Cow's have 4 stomachs. If you're eating a ton and you eat like a cow, the writing is on the wall that you are in fact a cow. Literally or figuratively, of course.

Badgepack
10-13-2006, 12:53 PM
What can be done about a "cidaemon.exe" that is slowing down my co-workers computor? It is eating up memory big time.

Partial
10-13-2006, 12:58 PM
What can be done about a "cidaemon.exe" that is slowing down my co-workers computor? It is eating up memory big time.

Do a google search on how to remove it, boot to safe mode (boot windows, while the windows rolling bar screen is up, kill power), follow instructions, whammy! Gone!

Badgepack
10-13-2006, 03:00 PM
I thought you were the gosh darn "Answer Man"

I could have googled it to begin with :mrgreen:

Green Bud Packer
10-13-2006, 04:18 PM
how many zeros in a google?

ImMrPete
10-13-2006, 07:56 PM
I got a question. If Goofy and Pluto are both dogs, why can Goofy drive cars and talk and Pluto can't?

the_idle_threat
10-17-2006, 06:57 PM
how many zeros in a google?

As of the close of today's market, google's market cap is 128 billion dollars, which means there are 9 zeros in a google. :wink:

There are 100 zeros in a googol. How many in a googolplex? :D

the_idle_threat
10-17-2006, 07:01 PM
I got a question. If Goofy and Pluto are both dogs, why can Goofy drive cars and talk and Pluto can't?

Maybe because Pluto is retarded? :D

Makes you (or maybe just me) wonder ... if the former 9th planet were named Goofy instead of Pluto, would it have suffered the indignity of being demoted to less-than-planetary status? :idea:

BEARMAN
10-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Why ask Why ?

Just be one of the packer sheep, fallow the herd to slaughter .

Have a nice day.

:twisted:

GA BEARS ! 6 an 0 BABY !

Zool
10-19-2006, 09:21 AM
Why ask Why ?

Just be one of the packer sheep, fallow the herd to slaughter .

Have a nice day.

:twisted:

GA BEARS ! 6 an 0 BABY !

fal·low (fl) Pronunciation Key Audio pronunciation of "fallow" [P]
adj.

1. Plowed but left unseeded during a growing season: fallow farmland.
2. Characterized by inactivity: a fallow gold market.

n.

1. Land left unseeded during a growing season.
2. The act of plowing land and leaving it unseeded.
3. The condition or period of being unseeded.

tr.v. fal·lowed, fal·low·ing, fal·lows

1. To plow (land) without seeding it afterward.
2. To plow and till (land), especially to eradicate or reduce weeds

MadtownPacker
10-19-2006, 10:54 AM
I got a easy one for you Master P.

What are bear fan going to do when "da bears" don't win the Superbowl this season? :lol:

Partial
10-19-2006, 10:56 AM
I got a easy one for you Master P.

What are bear fan going to do when "da bears" don't win the Superbowl this season? :lol:

Cry for a few days, then accept it as an inevitability. Outside of basketball, Chicago just has had poor luck historically. Billy goat curse anyone?

MadtownPacker
10-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Wisdom well beyond your years! :mrgreen:

Partial
10-26-2006, 02:07 AM
Alright friends,

in spirit of halloween nearing, I decided to give this a bump. Why you ask? Well, i'm not quite sure. But, I feel energized and ready for questions!!

Bretsky
10-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Was it my bold prediction/take it to the bank article that led the Packers to the win at Miami ?

Do I write another one or quite while I'm ahead ?

MJZiggy
10-26-2006, 09:06 AM
WRITE ANOTHER ONE ALREADY!!!

Partial
10-26-2006, 12:29 PM
Was it my bold prediction/take it to the bank article that led the Packers to the win at Miami ?

Do I write another one or quite while I'm ahead ?

No, I don't think it was bold, I think it was a good and fair prediction. I think you should formally make one for this week as well, since this is another take it to the bank game.

Brando19
10-26-2006, 03:08 PM
How much longer will the show Lost last and what is your prediction for how it'll end?

hoosier
10-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Is it better to look good or to feel good?

GBRulz
01-17-2007, 10:19 PM
bump

Joemailman
01-17-2007, 10:25 PM
How did Bretsky talk 007 into dancing for his avatar?

Zool
01-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Back to the any question thread eh? Are Canadian "Mounties" actually on horseback anymore?

Bretsky
01-17-2007, 10:35 PM

LMAO

YOU KNOW SHE WILL NOT ACCUSE ME OF TELLING YOU TO ASK THIS

FOR THE RECORD I AM INNOCENT THIS TIME 007age

GrnBay007
01-17-2007, 10:43 PM

LMAO

That's not me (you stalker)

I feel sorry for that girl....looks like she's having seizures of some sort. :(

:P

Bretsky
01-17-2007, 10:47 PM

LMAO

That's not me (you stalker)

I feel sorry for that girl....looks like she's having seizures of some sort. :(

:P

You move well and look dang good :bow: :glug: :hug:

Partial
01-18-2007, 12:18 AM

By sending in the bambino. You know what I mean!!

Partial
01-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Back to the any question thread eh? Are Canadian "Mounties" actually on horseback anymore?

I have no idea what a mountie is. Explain, i'll do my best!

Partial
01-18-2007, 12:20 AM
Cheers everybody.

Here's a toast for those who wish us well;
and those who don't can't go to hell.

Zool
01-18-2007, 07:27 AM
go to www.google.com and look up Canadian Mounties.