http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/242843531.html

Like this guy more and more.

Bretsky
01-30-2014, 08:48 PM
He has a great motor and is a solid person and leader
I just hope he keeps improving

bobblehead
01-30-2014, 09:30 PM
"Daniels, who finished second on the team in sacks playing mostly as a nickel rusher, said he thought the defense was on the right track in training camp. He said the committment to being a hard-nosed unit was there all through camp and the early part of the season.

But either through numerous injuries or the mental grind of the season, he said that toughness waned. "

This is what I saw. I still and will continue to believe it starts with MM and his commitment to rest and keeping guys "fresh". Fresh is another word for complacent the way he approaches it.

We need guys like Daniels. Guys that have the DESIRE to play defense.

smuggler
01-30-2014, 09:55 PM
From the comments section of that article:

"You're in trouble if your best defensive lineman doesn't fit your scheme. Period."

Couldn't have put it better myself. Of course, the problem is not Daniels, but rather everyone else.

Joemailman
01-30-2014, 10:29 PM
"We have to get this done," Daniels said. "We’re third-year guys. Seems like yesterday we were rookies, but we’re no longer rookies. It’s time to go. It’s time for us to be leaders and so let’s lead. Instead of complaining about we need leaders, be the leader."

Amen to that. With the probable exit of some veterans, there will be some opportunities for guys like him to assume more of a leadership role.

Carolina_Packer
01-30-2014, 10:30 PM
From the comments section of that article:

"You're in trouble if your best defensive lineman doesn't fit your scheme. Period."

Couldn't have put it better myself. Of course, the problem is not Daniels, but rather everyone else.

Regarding the quoted comment, Daniels is a second year player trying to earn more time in the rotation. I'm not sure what is meant by doesn't fit your scheme. Younger players usually play sub-packages while trying to work their way up. He is a good player, but it's too early to say best.

smuggler
01-30-2014, 11:56 PM
Daniels body and skills would be put to better use in a 4-3 base. He's a classic 3-tech penetrator. He's done well for us, but unless we start using more of a hybrid approach, he will always be somewhat wasted in Green Bay. Not that I'm saying we shouldn't keep him, but rather I'm saying... Where is our stud 5-tech DE?

woodbuck27
01-31-2014, 02:43 AM
"Daniels, who finished second on the team in sacks playing mostly as a nickel rusher, said he thought the defense was on the right track in training camp. He said the committment to being a hard-nosed unit was there all through camp and the early part of the season.

But either through numerous injuries or the mental grind of the season, he said that toughness waned. "

This is what I saw. I still and will continue to believe it starts with MM and his commitment to rest and keeping guys "fresh". Fresh is another word for complacent the way he approaches it.

We need guys like Daniels. Guys that have the DESIRE to play defense.

Rah ! Rah !!

Yes !

GO PACK GO !