PDA

View Full Version : This is what really bugs me about our defense II - tackling

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-31-2014, 08:42 AM
What fixes this? I would initially say personal, but during the year, even some of our supposed good tacklers looked like shit. Is this a disease, spreading throughout the team. Do we send tackling fundamental books to the coaches? Just fixing this would improve our defense, IMO.

smuggler
01-31-2014, 09:20 AM
I think part of it is that these guys are restricted from actually practicing tackling. During the season, their form falls apart due to lost practice time and limited time to begin with, due to the stringent CBA provisions.

Cleft Crusty
01-31-2014, 10:14 AM
I think part of it is that these guys are restricted from actually practicing tackling. During the season, their form falls apart due to lost practice time and limited time to begin with, due to the stringent CBA provisions.

Yes, but other teams have the same restrictions. Seattle, SF, St. Louis have drafted/acquired guys who lay the lumber. Physical enhancement with PEDs is also a way of making up for poor technique.

Maxie the Taxi
01-31-2014, 10:29 AM
Poor tackling is a symptom of today's game IMO. Simply bringing the ball carrier to the ground ala Willie Wood is not the goal nowadays. The goal is to create a turnover by means of "laying the lumber" or clawing at the ball. Another goal is to intimidate. The inevitable result is missed tackles. So long as coaches value turnovers and intimidation more than bringing the ball carrier to the ground, we're going to have to live with whiffs and broken tackles resulting in extra yardage.

red
01-31-2014, 10:41 AM
yes, it is a disease as contagious as polio, or syphilis

no, i don't by the "no contact in practice" excuse. every other team is in the same boat, yet other teams players can tackle

are tackling dummies allowed in practice? or is that considered contact?

woodbuck27
01-31-2014, 12:49 PM
Poor tackling is a symptom of today's game IMO. Simply bringing the ball carrier to the ground ala Willie Wood is not the goal nowadays. The goal is to create a turnover by means of "laying the lumber" or clawing at the ball. Another goal is to intimidate. The inevitable result is missed tackles. So long as coaches value turnovers and intimidation more than bringing the ball carrier to the ground, we're going to have to live with whiffs and broken tackles resulting in extra yardage.

You can't tackle thinking about it... and looking at the other guy to see who's first!

How ... how many times did we see "just that and our DB's last season" It's atrocious to observe ...the whimpy way the Packers defenders don't tackle as they use to. I want it as it used to be. Too many Packers to the ball..carrier.

Swarm the guy with the ball. HIT HIM !!

Yes...this isn't some brand new idea....I want to see...Too many defenders to the ball and hitting the ball carrier haaaaarrrd! Make the opponent hate to play the now "whimpy" Green Bay Packers.

The Green Bay Packer defenders as a whole are sad sack wimps. It's over the top pathetic to see them struggling simply to decide who should make the tackle. What's to think about?

Hit and hurt the opponent. [B]HURT him !!

Put some real FEAR into his head. Make him flinch and tighten up in anticipation of getting the near crap knocked out of him. Knock that sucker out of the damn game. HURT him !!

Headline:

The NFL Is A Violent Style Of Football.

Did the NFL HO send that memo to the Green Bay Packers !?

If so ....did TT and MM take time from their very busy schedules to read that memo ?

Do the Green Bay Packers have a sign clearly visible in their Locker room that says!?

FEAR !! TACKLE HARD ! GET HIS ASS ON THE GROUND ! FEAR !!

This is Pro football not a Saturday night social dance.

Look at the game we love up here ...Rugby. There's violence and no damn padded this or that and long waiting for fricken commercials breaks. The muscles are loosened up and warmed up and flexible and efficient.

In American football the football player are standing around withtheir hands on their over stuffed hips ...too ...much.

if I have to watch that piece of CRAP BJ Raji next season ..I'm going to go ballistic.

Ohh the sell now...and that. There aren't enough BIG and FAST BIG GUYS around.

Shit ! Give me a break ...please.

The NFL and all that equipment the players protected up to the yip yoo. Too too way too much that's all about generating:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The game of football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> should it be called "Whimpyball"?

There's a certain element of that in green bay that likely bugs the hell out of allof us to one degree or another.

It's not easy to pin down exactly why the Green bay Packer are "in fact" SOFT. I'm sure that TT and MM are working on that but when will that get done !??

No ... No way ! It's the best brand of American style football. But the almighty dollar is influencing the game negatively. I've been listening to and watching the NFL Commossioner onNFL Total Access today. He's a confident young man.