PDA

View Full Version : SIX Big Splashes the Green Bay Packers Could Realistically Make in Free Agency

woodbuck27
01-31-2014, 08:49 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1940674-6-big-splashes-the-green-bay-packers-could-realistically-make-in-free-agency/page/4

6 Big Splashes the Green Bay Packers Could Realistically Make in Free Agency

By: Matt Stein , Featured Columnist ... Jan 30, 2014

GO PACKERS ! ... GO PACK GO !

red
01-31-2014, 09:16 PM
not sure about pettigrew and the center who the article said is a great pass blocker, but doesn't mention anything about run blocking.

i do like the other guys mentioned. and i love tyson jackson and mount cody

also, on the first page of the article it mentions we only have 11 million in free cap space for next season. i have no clue where they get that number from, but its way off. we're rolling over somewghere around 9 or 10 million that wasn't used this year. i use the same site they quote that 11 million number from. when i look at the site it tells me we have 14.2 million free for next season, not counting whatever we get rolled over, and not taking into account the cap going up at all

Bretsky
01-31-2014, 10:07 PM
NICE IDEAS

Chris Clemons at S would be a huge instant upgrade, as would Spikes over Just a Guy Jones
I'll take Mount Cody on the cheaps and Tyson Jackson as well.
But I see no chance of Green Bay opening up their purses and recruiting/closing a deal to get Jackson here. He'll be pursued.

call_me_ishmael
01-31-2014, 10:19 PM
NICE IDEAS

Chris Clemons at S would be a huge instant upgrade, as would Spikes over Just a Guy Jones
But I see no chance of Green Bay opening up their purses and recruiting/closing a deal to get Jackson here. He'll be pursued.

I don't know much about Clemons but I like the idea of bringing in a solid starter at safety.

I would love Tyson Jackson. He was a #3 pick for a reason.

No to Spikes. Too slow. Ran a 5.0 40 and is even slower now.

HarveyWallbangers
02-01-2014, 12:22 AM
NICE IDEAS

Will Cody and Jackson sign for cheap? I don't like Spikes for what the Packers look for. Plus, he injured his knee at the end of the season. I'll take just about any veteran safety, but there are others I like as much or more than Clemons.

3irty1
02-01-2014, 12:22 AM
Chris Clemons does kind of seem like Ted Thompson's type. He has measureables that are similar to Nick Collins. Probably the fastest safety in the league. He lacks Nicks ball skills but beggers can't be choosers. This one seems the most likely of the lot. No thanks on Spikes or Cody. Those guys should feel lucky to get a contract from anyone.

smuggler
02-01-2014, 03:49 AM
No to Pettigrew. No to the center. No to Spikes. Cody only on the supercheap. Jackson, yes, of course, within reason, but it won't happen.

Now Clemons is actually intriguing, because he's not one of the two most sought-after safeties this season, maybe even three.... Jairus Byrd, TJ Ward, and Donte Hitner. If Clemons can't be had, Mike Mitchell of the Panthers is another starting caliber player we could potentially sign at a reasonable contract number.

woodbuck27
02-01-2014, 05:04 AM
not sure about pettigrew and the center who the article said is a great pass blocker, but doesn't mention anything about run blocking.

i do like the other guys mentioned. and i love tyson jackson and mount cody

also, on the first page of the article it mentions we only have 11 million in free cap space for next season. i have no clue where they get that number from, but its way off. we're rolling over somewghere around 9 or 10 million that wasn't used this year. i use the same site they quote that 11 million number from. when i look at the site it tells me we have 14.2 million free for next season, not counting whatever we get rolled over, and not taking into account the cap going up at all

Yes just from memory red I thought that "Free CAP Space" number is low.

I was going to check that today. Thanks.

Bretsky
02-01-2014, 07:30 AM
Will Cody and Jackson sign for cheap? I don't like Spikes for what the Packers look for. Plus, he injured his knee at the end of the season. I'll take just about any veteran safety, but there are others I like as much or more than Clemons.

I think Cody can be had for not a loot of Cash but IMO with Jacksons age somebody will drink the Kool Aide and pay him maybe more than what we should.
I agree with you; I'll take just about any veteran safety who can start and it might be a good idea to draft another at the top of the draft as well.

red
02-01-2014, 10:47 AM
you could get jackson and cody for less then what we already offered raji

i think jackson could be had for around 5 a year (or less), might be able to get cody for 2 or 3 a year, if not less