PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Lacy -- AP offensive ROY

denverYooper
02-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 2m

#Packers RB Eddie Lacy has been named Offensive Rookie of the Year.

mraynrand
02-01-2014, 05:27 PM
There's no way a seasoned vet could have ever won this award!

pbmax
02-01-2014, 05:29 PM
I'm telling you a running game is no way to win in the cold and playoffs. This new fangled 3 yards and a cloud of dust will bring ruin to the Packers.

Time to bring in the pass protectors and go deep!

/Congratulations rook.

red
02-01-2014, 06:24 PM
awesome news

good for you rook

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-01-2014, 07:02 PM
If he gets in a little better shape and the oline improves a little more, he could be a 1,500 yard back. Sad that TT traded back in round two and then picked him. Cheapens the pick a little, like fine I'll pick him. Nice to have a work horse type back though.

Jimx29
02-01-2014, 07:27 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1906704-eddie-lacy-reportedly-named-2013-14-ap-offensive-rookie-of-the-year

red
02-01-2014, 07:32 PM
If he gets in a little better shape and the oline improves a little more, he could be a 1,500 yard back. Sad that TT traded back in round two and then picked him. Cheapens the pick a little, like fine I'll pick him. Nice to have a work horse type back though.

see i don't get this, and i've heard it mentioned a couple times now

what are we basing the idea that he was out of shape on, that one picture?

it was a really bad picture. other pictures taken the day before had lacy looking exactly like he did during the season. and the coaches even said at the time that he was in shape

i don't want him to lose any weight, right now he's a god damn battering ram that just abuses other defenses

MJZiggy
02-01-2014, 07:36 PM

it was a really bad picture. other pictures taken the day before had lacy looking exactly like he did during the season. and the coaches even said at the time that he was in shape

i don't want him to lose any weight, right now he's a god damn battering ram that just abuses other defenses

+1. And the dude just won ROY from more than one source. For once, I think we just need to be happy with what we have! Don't change, Eddie!

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-01-2014, 07:44 PM

Forgot what game but they showed Lacey on the sideline and his pot belly was sticking out. My brother and I just busted out laughing. I don't want him to lose weight (mass) either, but I would like him to transform some fat to muscle. I think he would be more dominant and would even gain a little speed. I'm just saying I think he would be an even better player. About 5-6 weeks ago jsonline even had an article about Lacey getting in pro shape as an offseason goal. I'll try to find it.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-01-2014, 07:52 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-lacy-expected-to-build-on-rookie-success-b99180051z1-239354581.html

Striker
02-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Well deserved win by Lacy. Keep him and Rodgers healthy, and the sky is the limit for the offense.

woodbuck27
02-02-2014, 01:46 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24427013/eddie-lacy-wins-nfl-offensive-rookie-of-the-year

Eddie Lacy wins NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year

By Will Brinson | NFL Writer

February 1, 2014 6:20 pm ET

Eddie certainly deserved this award !

I'm so HAPPY for Eddie.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Kiwon
02-02-2014, 06:16 AM
Good to see him get the exposure at the NFL Honors Awards.

A-Rod was cool as well bringing Randall Cobb on the stage with him as he got the "GMC Never Say Never Moment of the Year" Award.

Charles Tillman selected as "Man of the Year" was cool as well.

Pugger
02-02-2014, 07:53 AM
Forgot what game but they showed Lacey on the sideline and his pot belly was sticking out. My brother and I just busted out laughing. I don't want him to lose weight (mass) either, but I would like him to transform some fat to muscle. I think he would be more dominant and would even gain a little speed. I'm just saying I think he would be an even better player. About 5-6 weeks ago jsonline even had an article about Lacey getting in pro shape as an offseason goal. I'll try to find it.

Eddie is Phat. 8-)

Pugger
02-02-2014, 07:55 AM
Good to see him get the exposure at the NFL Honors Awards.

A-Rod was cool as well bringing Randall Cobb on the stage with him as he got the "GMC Never Say Never Moment of the Year" Award.

Charles Tillman selected as "Man of the Year" was cool as well.

I didn't care for Eddie's sport coat. :lol:

Yes, Aaron was his usual classy self bringing Cobb on stage. :smile:

pbmax
02-02-2014, 10:11 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-lacy-expected-to-build-on-rookie-success-b99180051z1-239354581.html

Lost a bit of faith in Silverstein with this one:

If there's a reason to think they can make it beyond NFC defensive powerhouses San Francisco, Seattle and Carolina in the playoffs, it's that they will have a true bad-weather back to carry them.

The Packers have lost three of four cold-weather playoff games they've played at Lambeau Field since McCarthy became coach and while they greatly improved their running game this year behind Lacy, they couldn't force the ball down the 49ers' throats enough to finish off a pair of critical drives inside the 20-yard line.

Small sample size and all, the Packers lost because they could not stop Kap's throwing in the end and they could not throw well enough on offense. Lacy's contributions to the run game didn't add up to a win. At some point, JSO writers will remember Holmgren's playoff wins which featured a passing attack that no one thought would work in the cold, despite the Lynn Dickey era Packers, who at one time could not convince J and S writers that a passing game could succeed in Green Bay despite the 2nd half of the Lombardi Championship years and Bart Starr.

red
02-02-2014, 10:13 AM

why in the hell would van pelt take something that has worked, and worked well for us this year, and try and change him?

after reading some of those quotes i'm kind of glad glad he's no longer rb coach, kinda wish he had left the team

whats he gonna do with a-rod, focus on speed and elusiveness this offseason, try and turn him into a scrambling QB?

don't fuck with what works. lacy will probably show up to camp 25 pounds lighter and won't be able to break a tackle next season

Patler
02-02-2014, 10:32 AM
At some point, JSO writers will remember Holmgren's playoff wins which featured a passing attack that no one thought would work in the cold, despite the Lynn Dickey era Packers, who at one time could not convince J and S writers that a passing game could succeed in Green Bay despite the 2nd half of the Lombardi Championship years and Bart Starr.

Well said, but I don't expect the current crop of JSO writers to ever come to that realization.

Patler
02-02-2014, 10:36 AM
why in the hell would van pelt take something that has worked, and worked well for us this year, and try and change him?

after reading some of those quotes i'm kind of glad glad he's no longer rb coach, kinda wish he had left the team

whats he gonna do with a-rod, focus on speed and elusiveness this offseason, try and turn him into a scrambling QB?

don't fuck with what works. lacy will probably show up to camp 25 pounds lighter and won't be able to break a tackle next season

Why? Because no rookie, ever, is a finished product. They can all be better than they flashed onto the scene.

In the article a few weeks ago that quoted a few of the big backs of the past, several mentioned that Lacy needs to harden his body just to absorb the abuse he will take with his running style.

Joemailman
02-02-2014, 10:53 AM

Van Pelt isn't talking about Lacy losing weight. He's talking about getting rid of the bad weight (fat), and adding good weight (muscle). Lacy could maintain his weight and be stronger next year. As for your comment about Arod, he has greatly improved his conditioning since coming to Green Bay, and it's made him a better player.

bobblehead
02-02-2014, 11:19 AM
I'm telling you a running game is no way to win in the cold and playoffs. This new fangled 3 yards and a cloud of dust will bring ruin to the Packers.

Time to bring in the pass protectors and go deep!

/Congratulations rook.
So, Denver over Seattle. It just so happens I concur.

bobblehead
02-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Lost a bit of faith in Silverstein with this one:

Small sample size and all, the Packers lost because they could not stop Kap's throwing in the end and they could not throw well enough on offense. Lacy's contributions to the run game didn't add up to a win. At some point, JSO writers will remember Holmgren's playoff wins which featured a passing attack that no one thought would work in the cold, despite the Lynn Dickey era Packers, who at one time could not convince J and S writers that a passing game could succeed in Green Bay despite the 2nd half of the Lombardi Championship years and Bart Starr.

This team has the right balance. They got beat, nothing more to analyze. For the record, the Holmgren teams playoff success coincided with the emergence of Levens and Bennet. The top notch defense didn't hurt either.

We lost again in lambeau, it sucks. I am sick of saying "next year", but I can't help but wonder what happens if Mathews and Shields play in the postseason (shields did play like 3 snaps).

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-02-2014, 03:56 PM
Why? Because no rookie, ever, is a finished product. They can all be better than they flashed onto the scene.

In the article a few weeks ago that quoted a few of the big backs of the past, several mentioned that Lacy needs to harden his body just to absorb the abuse he will take with his running style.

Exactly. If Lacy gets in better shape I see a 1,500 yard back.