PDA

View Full Version : I was fired for deleting a post

Partial
08-28-2006, 02:59 AM
I deleted a duplicate post and was fired from the Admin. I informed the poster I was deleting his post, and he said all was well. Evidentally many people complained about me. I was fired. The end.

the_idle_threat
08-28-2006, 03:24 AM
I was guessing you stepped down because you were going back to school soon, but this explanation works too. Too bad the forum nazis didn't ban your ass. :twisted:

Partial
08-28-2006, 03:28 AM
I was guessing you stepped down because you were going back to school soon, but this explanation works too. Too bad the forum nazis didn't ban your ass. :twisted:

Probably should have.

Tarlam!
08-28-2006, 09:52 AM
Sorry Partial, but I have noooo idea of what this thread has to do with any of us. But since we're included, here's a coupla observations:

The way I have come to know the Site Admin, he's a pretty liberal sorta fellow that takes positively to suggestions made.

You are suggesting you were fired for doing your job. That makes no sense to me.

Now, his alter ego poster has hot Mexican blood and is likely slit your throat with a rusty stileto if you so much as think "remember the Alamo", let alone post it.

Still, they are two different personalities occupying the same body and soul. And they react differently. Sounds like some indescrepancy in your story, dude.

Partial
08-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Sorry Partial, but I have noooo idea of what this thread has to do with any of us. But since we're included, here's a coupla observations:

The way I have come to know the Site Admin, he's a pretty liberal sorta fellow that takes positively to suggestions made.

You are suggesting you were fired for doing your job. That makes no sense to me.

Now, his alter ego poster has hot Mexican blood and is likely slit your throat with a rusty stileto if you so much as think "remember the Alamo", let alone post it.

Still, they are two different personalities occupying the same body and soul. And they react differently. Sounds like some indescrepancy in your story, dude.

I am just stating what happened from my vantage point. Naturally, there is going to be a dissagreement or I wouldn't be in this situation. I just figured i'd post a thread because I was getting a lot of PMs and it was bound to come up eventually. I made a mistake, and i'm not some evil jackass. It happens, it happened, and its time to move on. I was just hoping to clarify why I wasn't a mod anymore, it wasn't because i'm secretly the hacker or anything. I actually told Mad to start looking for another mod before the issue arose because I was going to be much busier once the school year started. While I don't agree with the decision, it is what it is and I won't be losing any sleep over it. Mad and I are still gonna be homies and I will continue to read a crap load of posts and report in anything I notice that doesn't sit quite right, exactly as I previously did.

Deputy Nutz
08-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Oh shit!!! I hope I ain't next!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Partial
08-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Oh shit!!! I hope I ain't next!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
shit yeah, lesson learned amigo. If you mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Tarlam!
08-28-2006, 10:22 AM
.....I am just stating what happened from my vantage point. Naturally, there is going to be a dissagreement or I wouldn't be in this situation....

Ah, the plot thickens...

woodbuck27
08-28-2006, 11:23 AM

I am just stating what happened from my vantage point. Naturally, there is going to be a dissagreement or I wouldn't be in this situation. I just figured i'd post a thread because I was getting a lot of PMs and it was bound to come up eventually. I made a mistake, and i'm not some evil jackass. It happens, it happened, and its time to move on. I was just hoping to clarify why I wasn't a mod anymore, it wasn't because i'm secretly the hacker or anything. I actually told Mad to start looking for another mod before the issue arose because I was going to be much busier once the school year started. While I don't agree with the decision, it is what it is and I won't be losing any sleep over it. Mad and I are still gonna be homies and I will continue to read a crap load of posts and report in anything I notice that doesn't sit quite right, exactly as I previously did.

Peace Man !! Your :cool:

Good Luck in School... this term Partial and for the year.

Some support from another Packer Fan:

I've learned "in LIFE" Partial, that things generally work out for the better... as you go with " the Punch's ". :mrgreen:

Scott Campbell
08-28-2006, 11:32 AM
That's some sage advice there Woody.

I should probably take it more myself.

Little Whiskey
08-28-2006, 01:19 PM
I think mad is just diversifing his mods. dumping your ass and picking up a chick. i'd do the same in a heart beat! :mrgreen: face it...she looks a lot better then you! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock:

Partial
08-28-2006, 01:20 PM
I think mad is just diversifing his mods. dumping your ass and picking up a chick. i'd do the same in a heart beat! :mrgreen: face it...she looks a lot better then you! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock:

Then you've clearly never seen me in my purest state, because I find it reasonably impressive. I did make the initial suggestion for 007, though.

MadtownPacker
08-28-2006, 04:07 PM
I deleted a duplicate post and was fired from the Admin. I informed the poster I was deleting his post, and he said all was well. Evidentally many people complained about me. I was fired. The end.

OK now I have to step into this BS thread.

1. You deleted a poster's thread not post cuz it was a duplicate of another thread on the same subject!! He didnt request you do it and you informed him after you had already done it. Dont try to come with that BS making it sound like you told him first and he said it was cool. Your excuse to me that it "makes the forum more organized" was crazy and completely against how PR runs.

How in the hell are you just gonna whack someones thread cuz you feel like it? Did the poster do anything like reveal personal info or make dup accounts or anything to deserve his thread being deleted??? Good posters of this forum have the right to make a thread and if it is a dup fellow posters will let them know.

Get your story straight and cut the spin out. You would not have been removed for deleting a thread.

2. I asked your opinion on 007 cuz you where an admin, I also asked Nutz. I just asked your opinion, get over yourself kid.

3. Why do you need to spread this shit all over the place. Since you like to reveal PR's biz to all let me reveal something to you. Had your been able to go 1 week without acting like a lil beatch about it all I was gonna talk to you and put you back on but your threads/post have killed any chance of that happening. Thank you for your time, enjoy the rest of the forum.

GBRulz
08-28-2006, 04:26 PM
This whole thread should have just been deleted.

Secondly, I agree with partial on deleting a thread if it was a repeated subject. But I don't agree with him on posting this "I've been fired" BS for all the forum to see. hence the reason it should have been cut in the first place.

jack's smirking revenge
08-28-2006, 04:35 PM
I, for one, am very glad that this thread wasn't axed. I didn't get my Recommended Daily Allowance of Drama today and this has fulfilled that deficiency. Thank you, Partial and Mad, for entertaining us.

tyler

Partial
08-28-2006, 04:57 PM
This whole thread should have just been deleted.

Secondly, I agree with partial on deleting a thread if it was a repeated subject. But I don't agree with him on posting this "I've been fired" BS for all the forum to see. hence the reason it should have been cut in the first place.

I wasn't doing it for drama. I did it so people would stop asking.

GBRulz
08-28-2006, 05:09 PM
damn, I must be slow.... although I'm sure I'm not the only one who knew you weren't a mod anymore until they read this thread.

and if for whatever reason I did know, I wouldn't PM you about it because it's none of my biz. Which is all you would have had to say back to people. Unless your inbox was pushing it's quota limit's....well then yeah, ya gotta do what ya gotta do :roll:

HarveyWallbangers
08-28-2006, 05:14 PM
I didn't take Partial's thread here like most of you. He didn't have any anger or anything. It sounds like he was just stating what happened from his point of view. No need to roast him over the fire. I'm not sure it was worth getting shitcanned either--unless it happened multiple times--but I don't really care to know the details. Basically, let's let the drama end here before feelings get hurt and we lose a valuable poster or something.

Homer Jay
08-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Can you really get fired from a volunteer job? Did you get to keep your benefits?

Partial
08-28-2006, 05:32 PM
damn, I must be slow.... although I'm sure I'm not the only one who knew you weren't a mod anymore until they read this thread.

and if for whatever reason I did know, I wouldn't PM you about it because it's none of my biz. Which is all you would have had to say back to people. Unless your inbox was pushing it's quota limit's....well then yeah, ya gotta do what ya gotta do :roll:

GBR, my mailbox fills up just about everyday :wink: I get an astronomical amount of PMs. A lot less now that fantasy football has been set up. All is well here. I have no intentions of leaving PR or being a bad member here. It's the community that makes this place, not a title

GBRulz
08-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Good partial, we don't want you going anywhere!

I rarely get PM's. Except last week when I was streaming that video of the game for those who couldn't watch it. gosh, it's so nice to feel loved :wink: