PDA

View Full Version : Sapp - can't leave well-enough alone

Patler
02-03-2014, 06:36 AM
So, apparently he tries to do the right thing by apologizing, but then raises the possibility that Strahan will lie about it:

"I hugged him and wouldn't let him go," Sapp said Sunday on NFL Network. "I said, 'Please forgive me.' I said, 'Dumb Lex Luthor came to the city of Gotham and pulled Superman's cape. How foolish could I have been, my man? Please forgive me.'

"If he tells the story any different, he's lying to you, America, because I sure did apologize. I'm going to beg for forgiveness because there's a party in Canton, and I promise you, I'm not going to miss it."

His mouth runs faster than his brain. I have always felt that way about him.

mraynrand
02-03-2014, 07:11 AM
So, apparently he tries to do the right thing by apologizing, but then raises the possibility that Strahan will lie about it:

I agree with you, except the part where he has a brain.

bobblehead
02-03-2014, 08:10 AM

He should take up internet chat rooms where he can read and edit before hitting submit....like all of us do.

Kiwon
02-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Well, while he's apologizing, he should go ahead and contact Chad Clifton. To my knowledge, besides not checking on him in the hospital he's never acknowledged his cheap shot. Say what you want, I still respect Sherman for confronting Sapp after the game.

Sadly for us Sapp-haters, the guy is good as an analyst and smarter than he looks. In the Strahan case, Sapp was running his mouth in Strahan's city and the fans were squarely in Strahan's camp. Strahan has cross-over appeal while Sapp is strictly an ex-football player. Sapp was smart enough to know that it's pointless to fight Strahan in a PR battle. So the mouth that roared apologized....profusely.

Speaking of PR disasters, someone better check on Darren Sharper and make sure he hasn't killed himself. He was a rising star at the NFL Network and he would have had a ton of airtime through the Playoffs and Super Bowl coverage. He cost himself years and years of income (apparently...innocent until proven guilty) and maybe his freedom through reckless behavior. He is a good analyst. Sad to see.

pbmax
02-03-2014, 10:58 AM
I haven't minded Sapp as much as some (Clifton hit aside - that was too far), he always had the talent to back up whatever he was going on about.

But his desire to be heard from within the media after retirement is leading him to some strange places. If you believe it, stick to your guns. If you don't, why did you open your mouth?

gbgary
02-10-2014, 09:54 PM
he was a low-life on the field and has proved to be one off as well. fuck him!!

Pugger
02-11-2014, 11:24 AM
He might know football and all but IMO he is still a jerk. The way he acted (and still does) about the Clifton incident is all I need to know about that dumb ass.

Noodle
02-11-2014, 04:23 PM
Well, while he's apologizing, he should go ahead and contact Chad Clifton. To my knowledge, besides not checking on him in the hospital he's never acknowledged his cheap shot. Say what you want, I still respect Sherman for confronting Sapp after the game.

Agree, one of Shermy's finest moments:

http://tbo.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=TB&Date=20130730&Category=GALLERY&ArtNo=730009999&Ref=PH&Item=33&NewTbl=1&MaxW=440

Guiness
02-11-2014, 04:25 PM
any reason this thread got dug up off the second page? Did he do something else stupid over the past day or so?

mraynrand
02-11-2014, 04:54 PM
"what you did was wrong!"

http://tbo.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=TB&Date=20130730&Category=GALLERY&ArtNo=730009999&Ref=PH&Item=33&NewTbl=1&MaxW=440

Hate him for it all you want, but that INT and the KO of Clifton afterwards, sealed up the NFC for the Bucs.

mraynrand
02-11-2014, 04:55 PM
Did he do something else stupid over the past day or so?

If not, just wait five minutes

pbmax
02-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Was that 2002? Can I put an asterisk next to that Chucky Super Bowl?

Zool
02-12-2014, 08:50 AM
Also, Lex Luthor and Superman in Gotham? Was Batman there to help out?

woodbuck27
02-28-2014, 09:21 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/28/strahan-wants-his-gap-toothed-smile-on-his-hall-of-fame-bust/

(Michael) Strahan wants his gap-toothed smile on his Hall of Fame bust

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 28, 2014, 6:51 PM EST

Way to go mike !

CONGRATULATIONS on making the NFL HOF.