PDA

View Full Version : Suh Undermining Schwartz

denverYooper
02-03-2014, 10:31 AM
WOW. MMQB turns up a pretty damning quote about Suh:

“Suh was uncontrollable. He would constantly do things to show his power over Jim Schwartz, whether it was showing up to team meetings late or whatever it may be. Three different people [told me] the same story, about antics Suh would do just to show his dominance over a head coach … It was more or less Suh just trying to show his dominance, his power—that he was basically untouchable and he could basically do what he wanted to do.”

—Former NFL player Heath Evans, in an interview with Detroit radio station 105.1 FM, causing the Lions to issue a spate of denials, and sources to tell Pro Football Talk that Evans was dead on.

I don't like Schwartz, but man, it sounds like he's not the only reason the Lions tanked. When a "team leader" is behaving this way, it rots the team from the inside.

Kiwon
02-03-2014, 10:42 AM
After listening to Pete Carroll's philosophy about what makes an effective team and organization, I'd have to say that 'character' has got to rate very high on the list of qualities that a coach or GM would want to see in his players.

I'd be curious to know what he'd thought of Suh coming out of college.

pbmax
02-03-2014, 11:11 AM
Teammates aren't all on board with Evans characterization (though he has some specifics which is good). Several have spoken out and PFT noticed the team voted on its captains and Suh was a captain for a time anyway.

Those reports are not mutually exclusive, so it could be the players had little respect for Schwartz.