PDA

View Full Version : Giants recruiting Finley?

Guiness
02-05-2014, 08:25 AM
He's getting some love over there - Antrell Rolle is apparently recruiting him while they watched the SB.

https://twitter.com/J_Tasch/status/430868329163542528

Pretty surprising he comes out and says it publicly, but I guess the Giants can claim no involvement. I wonder how do they know each other? Must be since they've been in the NFL, one went to HS and college in Florida, the other in Texax.

red
02-05-2014, 09:01 AM
good, hopefully they offer him a shit ton of money so we don't even consider matching it

mraynrand
02-05-2014, 09:15 AM
Interesting, especially since the Giants appeared to also be interested in Starks. Given the Packers shift to hard nose running team, re-signing Starks is more important that getting Finley back. I don't know if Andrew Scoreless is the guy, but Packers need a decent pass-catching TE who can block well.

Patler
02-05-2014, 11:31 AM
With McAdoo there as the OC, I could see them going after Finley and/or Starks, since he knows them. Of course, that could be the exact reason for them to avoid each like the plague.

Tony Oday
02-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Good bye Starks and Finley.

MadScientist
02-05-2014, 04:56 PM
It would be great for the Giants to hurt their cap for a couple of years on oft-injured ex-Packers. They are both good players, but neither are difference makers and neither are likely to stay healthy all that long.

mraynrand
02-05-2014, 05:22 PM
It would be great for the Giants to hurt their cap for a couple of years on oft-injured ex-Packers. They are both good players, but neither are difference makers and neither are likely to stay healthy all that long.

injury prone!

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Finley is inconsistent, often injured, and acts like a child, but he stretches the field and opens up the passing game. He could be a big loss though if we can't replace him with someone decent.

Starks would be nice to have back, but if Harris plays like he did in 2012 we should be fine there.

run pMc
02-06-2014, 08:24 AM
Finley is inconsistent, often injured, and acts like a child, but he stretches the field and opens up the passing game. He could be a big loss though if we can't replace him with someone decent.

Starks would be nice to have back, but if Harris plays like he did in 2012 we should be fine there.

Finley is a difference maker. Starks is a good backup you can give 8 carries a game and he'll run angry. Backups can be replaced, difference makers are harder to find. Finley's injury is a dealbreaker though. I'd rather give Finley's $7.5M (or whatever it was) to Cobb or Nelson as part of a contract extension, and draft a TE. Unless another year from his knee injury miraculously helps, Quarless is a small step away from being JAG and I'm not sold on Bostick yet. Having a TE who can threaten the seams and make plays is really helpful to beat certain defenses, but IMO M3 is smart enough to scheme a workaround solution given the roster talent and a full offseason.

MadScientist
02-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Finley is a difference maker. Starks is a good backup you can give 8 carries a game and he'll run angry. Backups can be replaced, difference makers are harder to find. Finley's injury is a dealbreaker though. I'd rather give Finley's $7.5M (or whatever it was) to Cobb or Nelson as part of a contract extension, and draft a TE. Unless another year from his knee injury miraculously helps, Quarless is a small step away from being JAG and I'm not sold on Bostick yet. Having a TE who can threaten the seams and make plays is really helpful to beat certain defenses, but IMO M3 is smart enough to scheme a workaround solution given the roster talent and a full offseason.

Finley could be or at least could have been a difference maker. He never actually was.

Smeefers
02-06-2014, 06:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=G719Z8QuFkY

Yeah, Finley never made a difference in a game. Dude was small time.

bobblehead
02-07-2014, 05:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=G719Z8QuFkY

Yeah, Finley never made a difference in a game. Dude was small time.

Finley has big talent, but like that hot chic in high school that wouldn't put out, its time to move on to a more consistent/sure thing.

Guiness
02-07-2014, 07:59 AM
Finley has big talent, but like that hot chic in high school that wouldn't put out, its time to move on to a more consistent/sure thing.

He was something else for big parts of that 2011 season.

Seeing that post-catch dance of his, with his hand on his helmet - a poster here compared it to Lindsay Bluth's chicken dance. Eerily similar...

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130123231245/arresteddevelopment/images/7/76/2x10_Ready,_Aim,_Marry_Me_%2820%29.png

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-07-2014, 08:19 AM

I agree with that assessment. The big question will be can we land a difference maker at TE in the draft. If we can land Ebron in the first that would be a good pick. Although Amaro and a few other guys are good options at TE as well.

Smidgeon
02-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Did the injury really affect Finley that much? He's a completely different player now. Either his skills have diminished or the other teams key so strongly on taking him away. He was a very exciting player to watch back then.

mraynrand
02-07-2014, 10:10 AM
He was something else for big parts of that 2011 season.

Seeing that post-catch dance of his, with his hand on his helmet - a poster here compared it to Lindsay Bluth's chicken dance. Eerily similar...

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130123231245/arresteddevelopment/images/7/76/2x10_Ready,_Aim,_Marry_Me_%2820%29.png

She is cuter than the Muskie Queen

mraynrand
02-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Did the injury really affect Finley that much? He's a completely different player now. Either his skills have diminished or the other teams key so strongly on taking him away. He was a very exciting player to watch back then.

I think sometimes a QB stops throwing to a guy. Rodgers I think got tired of having to tell Finley where to line up etc. etc.(and that's just the stuff you could see on the field). This includes the 2013 season. That affects a QB's confidence in a guy. When he had to throw to him (Cleveland) Finley was great. APRH, he will be a very good receiving TE for whatever team he is on, until and unless the QB/coaches get tired of his lack of preparation and professionalism.

Zool
02-07-2014, 12:53 PM
I think sometimes a QB stops throwing to a guy. Rodgers I think got tired of having to tell Finley where to line up etc. etc.(and that's just the stuff you could see on the field). This includes the 2013 season. That affects a QB's confidence in a guy. When he had to throw to him (Cleveland) Finley was great. APRH, he will be a very good receiving TE for whatever team he is on, until and unless the QB/coaches get tired of his lack of preparation and professionalism.

And his propensity to eat greasy foods on the sidelines during games.

Never could figure out why he washed his hands in 10W-30 between posessions.