PDA

View Full Version : Bronco Forums

KYPack
02-06-2014, 03:09 AM
I guess it's human (NFL fan humans, that is) nature but...

These are some of the posts I found on Denver forums, like PR, but orange colored.

Bronco fans have a few themes post SB butt kicking.

Many want their DC fired immediately.

They also want to switch to a 3-4, feeling it's the coming wave and a more effective NFL defense given Donkey personnel.

Even more Denver fans want their ST coach fired. They were the NFL's worst KO squad last year. Then there was the pop-up KO to Harvin that went all the way back.

Several die hards want it to go all the way to the top and have Fox fired.

There was a few lunatic types who want Manning gone and the Donks to go with the back-up. These loons think Denver needs "new blood" at QB.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

smuggler
02-06-2014, 04:39 AM
I could see the argument of replacing Manning, since he'll be 39 next year. Their window is technically still there, even though that team is pretty old.

Frankly, I don't think they have much of a chance in 2014.

denverYooper
02-06-2014, 09:02 AM
JDR's contract is up and there's no word on if they're going to renew. I have a feeling they will though...

Local sportsyak has been over some of the themes -- most notably kicking around whether or not John Fox needs to be replaced.

Mr. Nalen, former center for Shanny's Broncos, and usually good drive-time host, is all in on the idea that they need to rebuild the defense to be more like Seattle's... lol.

mraynrand
02-06-2014, 11:16 AM
Mr. Nalen, former center for Shanny's Broncos, and usually good drive-time host, is all in on the idea that they need to rebuild the defense to be more like Seattle's... lol.

copycat!

run pMc
02-06-2014, 12:29 PM
If they think Osweiler > Manning they are delusional or overindulging in what's newly legal. Without Manning that team wins 5-6 games at best, and that's if Oakland keeps playing like they have.
From the opening game against BAL you could see the defense had some issues, and losing Von Miller did them no favors. Going "all in" on copying Seattle? Have fun. Building SEA's D took a lot of luck and a couple of years to get to where it is now.
I find the reactions by DEN fans to be somewhat amusing...they got to the SB, so they must have done a few things right to get there. Dumping your HC or DC LOL. I bet there are posters for every team -- except for maybe 5 teams -- who complain about their DC and want him fired.

run pMc
02-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Bronco fans have a few themes post SB butt kicking.

Many want their DC fired immediately.

copycat! ;)

bobblehead
02-06-2014, 05:02 PM
If they think Osweiler > Manning they are delusional or overindulging in what's newly legal. Without Manning that team wins 5-6 games at best, and that's if Oakland keeps playing like they have.

I can think of one QB that might get them a few wins including one in the playoffs.

mraynrand
02-06-2014, 07:24 PM
I can think of one QB that might get them a few wins including one in the playoffs.

He's unavailable - he's a rodeo clown now

bobblehead
02-07-2014, 05:43 AM
He's unavailable - he's a rodeo clown now

Actually he doesn't have a contract with the NFR though, so he is free to pursue other adventures.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-07-2014, 08:48 PM
I could see the argument of replacing Manning, since he'll be 39 next year. Their window is technically still there, even though that team is pretty old.

Frankly, I don't think they have much of a chance in 2014.

They have a chance. The AFC is very weak compared to the NFC. Even in 2014 they're probably still the most complete team in the conference. If they get a good seat in the playoffs (which I think they will) they have as good a chance as any to make a run.

The NFC is another story....Teams I think who can make a run to the superbowl include: GB, Settle, SF, Carolina, NO, Chicago, Philly, ATL, and St. Louis. I predict the Rams and Cards to be very good teams and knock down the records of Settle and SF. I don't think the number one seed is coming out of the west next year.

Pugger
02-08-2014, 08:01 AM
Chicago?

mraynrand
02-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Chicago?

unfortunately, yes. In one year they cleaned up the offense and made it a huge threat. Keep a close eye on their off-season moves; I suspect this offseason will be all about retooling the defense. If they do for the defense what they did for the offense, they would be dominant. The one thing that indicates they will have a hard time with the defensive refit is that they don't have nearly the same talent that they had on the offensive side.

bobblehead
02-08-2014, 11:22 AM
unfortunately, yes. In one year they cleaned up the offense and made it a huge threat. Keep a close eye on their off-season moves; I suspect this offseason will be all about retooling the defense. If they do for the defense what they did for the offense, they would be dominant. The one thing that indicates they will have a hard time with the defensive refit is that they don't have nearly the same talent that they had on the offensive side.

I saw one move I like... locking cutler up for big money.

Fritz
02-09-2014, 09:39 AM
Well, the Lions' fans are starting to drink the usual new-coach kool aid, so they see visions of a failing Packers' team as their entrance to the playoffs next year.

TT and the coaches need to get that damn defense straightened out next year, for the whole year and not just the first six games. And somehow MM has to figure out how to run things so he doesn't have so damn many injuries.