PDA

View Full Version : TT then schneider?

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-08-2014, 06:59 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20140208/PKR07/302080372/Mike-Vandermause-column-Schneider-could-ideal-fit-Thompson-s-successor

I didn't know Pete Carroll had final say on personal decisions. I love for this guy to replace TT in two years if he decides to retire.

Guiness
02-08-2014, 10:59 PM
A strange thing to hypothesize about, considering TT has two more years on his contract and Schneider is already a GM.

Fritz
02-09-2014, 09:32 AM
I think it's pretty fantastical, considering that TT's got two more years (though I do think he'll retire once those two years are up), and considering that Schneider's already a GM.

I am putting my money on Ell-eee-ut.

bobblehead
02-09-2014, 09:37 AM
I do think TT is grooming young Elliot out of loyalty to Ron for recommending him for this job. I am also not happy about it because I want someone hired on merits, not from nepotism. Some of the most incompetent people I have ever witnessed were given jobs because of family and friends.

pbmax
02-09-2014, 10:41 AM
I do think TT is grooming young Elliot out of loyalty to Ron for recommending him for this job. I am also not happy about it because I want someone hired on merits, not from nepotism. Some of the most incompetent people I have ever witnessed were given jobs because of family and friends.

Agreed on Eliot. Even Schnieder had to go earn his stripes elsewhere. Same and Thompson and Wolf.

Joemailman
02-09-2014, 10:46 AM
With the Davis family still owning the Raiders, maybe Mckenzie will be available in a couple of years.

mraynrand
02-09-2014, 10:56 AM

You' re gonna name the kid Eliot? ... Eliot is a fat kid with glasses who eats paste.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/prayerwarrior2004/John%20Cusack/SureThing.jpg

Bretsky
02-09-2014, 11:15 AM
what an odd article

Would anybody make the trade right now besides me and Red ???????

3irty1
02-09-2014, 12:30 PM
what an odd article

I'd make the trade in a heartbeat, he is in his early 40's compared to TT who is in his early 60's so youth alone makes it worth it even if he were slightly worse than TT. I think you'd be disappointed once he got here though. It's a more challenging gig to reopen a window than to flip a roster and open one up in the first place. Schneider definitely wouldn't be making Percy Harvin type splashes in our cap situation. His youth and short but red-hot draft record is enough for me though.

bobblehead
02-09-2014, 07:44 PM
what an odd article

I might make the trade in that Schneider is younger, fresher, and obviously sharp. He is a GB native as well. We are also living in a huge what if world, responding to an off season article written for no reason other than there is nothing to write about.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-09-2014, 08:11 PM
I might make the trade in that Schneider is younger, fresher, and obviously sharp. He is a GB native as well. We are also living in a huge what if world, responding to an off season article written for no reason other than there is nothing to write about.

I would need to see 40 times.

Patler
02-10-2014, 05:48 AM
I am very interested in seeing what Schneider does in the future. Seattle went all in this year, and it worked. In doing so, they have worked themselves into a bit of a cap predicament. They are over the 2014 cap and will have some work to do to free up enough money to get under the cap when the league year starts, and even more to do when the draft allocation portion is required. Not a devastating situation at all, but one that will take some work.

They will be working in a new environment, one in which they can not afford to make many mistakes. They will also have some guys expecting to get paid in the next couple years. The pressure to be correct in roster decisions escalates when your roster is good and becoming expensive. While you can admire the aggressiveness with which they reformed their roster, as an article last year pointed out, one reason they have made so many moves is because they have made an awful lot of roster mistakes. They could get away with that the last four years, but the future won't be as forgiving. Maybe they proceeded aggressively and a bit recklessly because they knew they could, and reining themselves in a bit won't be difficult. Time will tell.

Then, there is the issue of 6 player suspensions over the last 2 seasons.............