PDA

View Full Version : If Raji Is Lost, Can Boyd Fill The Void

pbmax
02-09-2014, 10:56 AM
If Raji tries to hookup with John Teerlinck and a one gap, get up the field 4-3 scheme somewhere, can Josh Boyd fill the need the Packers will have for a starter?

Will he be more Pickett, Raji or Jolly in playing style?

Joemailman
02-09-2014, 11:28 AM
I would think Jolly, but we've seen so little of him it's hard to say.

I remember Trgovac in the summer talking about how Boyd was having to learn to do some things he didn't have to do in college. I took that to mean learning to play 2 gap instead of one gap. He did very little in the preseason, but must have learned some things as he made a few impressive plays late in the regular season.

pbmax
02-09-2014, 11:28 AM
This was supposed to have a poll. Can Mad or Zool just delete this thing? I will repost.

Thanks

3irty1
02-09-2014, 11:33 AM
From what I saw in college and what he left on the field last year he's best compared to Jolly. Part of that is his top drawer motor but Boyd was also the best rookie DT we've ever had in the TT era against the run IMO. Even elite prospects tend to suck at run defense as rookies but Boyd plays wide, stays square, and as the quickness and awareness to make plays outside of his responsibility like a seasoned vet. If nothing else we should get a CJ Wilson type career out of him--multiple cheap years as a starting caliber block eater and run defender.

pbmax
02-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Just a reminder to those reading, have asked this version of thread to be deleted. I dithered too long creating the poll and lost the chance. Have new thread with poll posted.

Guiness
02-09-2014, 04:23 PM
Just a reminder to those reading, have asked this version of thread to be deleted. I dithered too long creating the poll and lost the chance. Have new thread with poll posted.

You can't fool us. You're just following the latest PR meme, and ratcheting it up one level by COPYCATTING your own post :taunt:

bobblehead
02-09-2014, 06:23 PM
I vote the thread stays...its a copycat league.